PDA

View Full Version : BanglaCricket Forum - Mobile Edition

Nasif
August 14, 2009, 01:39 AM
Created a mobile version of the forum. If you visit BC from your mobile phone or hand held device; you should be automatically redirected to mobile edition. Its very light and should load quite fast even on slow gprs mode.

Checkout the screenshots.

If you see any problem or encounter any error; post here. Hopefully people will put it to good use :)

MohammedC
August 14, 2009, 01:44 AM
I like it. As I will be on the road most of the time from next month.

cricman
August 14, 2009, 01:45 AM
I love it, perfect on the ipod
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Beamer
August 14, 2009, 11:59 AM
I love it, perfect on the ipod
This is nice. Fast too. Great job Nasif.

Murad
August 14, 2009, 02:30 PM
Looks very nice. Easy to use.

Thanks Nasif bhai..:)

akabir77
August 14, 2009, 02:41 PM
I don't like it. i want my old pc format back!!!

Miraz
August 14, 2009, 02:42 PM
Great job Nasif bhai. One of the best mobile version I have experienced so far.

Murad
August 14, 2009, 02:54 PM
I don't like it. i want my old pc format back!!!

You can use both. There's an option on top of the page.

MohammedC
August 14, 2009, 03:36 PM
I like it ,but its hard to see white font in the blue background. Grey with dark green or black font like in pc fromat will be easier to see. However its probably because of the phone that I am using.

magic boy
August 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
Woow!! brilliant job. I'm highly pleased to see this version as sometimes I like to brows via mobile....
thanx a lot to Banglacricket.com the true home of Bangladesh cricket fanz ..\m/

Zunaid
August 14, 2009, 04:29 PM
Keep the feedback coming. We have not tweaked the style sheet as of yet and as we experiment may modify the look and feel to make it more user friendly.

Nasif
August 14, 2009, 04:32 PM
I like it ,but its hard to see white font in the blue background. Grey with dark green or black font like in pc fromat will be easier to see. However its probably because of the phone that I am using.

I agree. That menu font probably is little too light for the background. We will tweak that. Thanks.

nycpro96
August 15, 2009, 11:43 AM
Great job Nasif Bhai!!

AsifTheManRahman
August 15, 2009, 02:44 PM
I love it! Thank you Nasif bhai, you are the Master of the Universe!

MohammedC
August 15, 2009, 05:02 PM
My first post using mobile edition using blackberry.As I mentioned earlier I could not see the letter font on blue background when I used a different phone a nokia, which had smaller screen could be the reason.Still it is a very good initiative by BC admin.

MohammedC
August 15, 2009, 05:06 PM
Can we have shortcut for bangladesh cricket section. Sorry for asking a bit too much.

One World
August 18, 2009, 12:30 PM
Like this way too much.

Shehwar
August 18, 2009, 01:05 PM
Created a mobile version of the forum. If you visit BC from your mobile phone or hand held device; you should be automatically redirected to mobile edition. Its very light and should load quite fast even on slow gprs mode.

Checkout the screenshots.

If you see any problem or encounter any error; post here. Hopefully people will put it to good use :)

LOVE IT! Absolutely LOVE it!! I use the forum from my mobile for atleast half an hour everyday and today has been amazing! I love how fast it uploads...a lot more enjoyable...Thank you!

akabir77
August 18, 2009, 07:00 PM
can we have the new post search in there?

reverse_swing
August 18, 2009, 07:34 PM
can we have the new post search in there?

We already have this feature.

auntu
August 25, 2009, 02:50 PM
This is awesome.

abz..+
August 25, 2009, 02:52 PM
Great job Nasif bhai its very usefull

Yameen
September 16, 2009, 12:13 PM
im perhaps one of the latter members to start using the mobile edition n must say u have done a great job! Its so much more simplified n easy to use. many thanks nasif!

One World
October 26, 2009, 08:17 PM
How to view Bangla posts?

Nasif
October 26, 2009, 08:21 PM
How to view Bangla posts?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

You will need to install Bangla font. Depending on the OS, it might easy or hard (windows mobile should be fairly simple).

Ajfar
October 28, 2009, 12:42 AM
nasif bhai you the man. i love it. its awesome.

nycpro96
October 28, 2009, 05:39 PM
I'm lovin this mobile edition. :D

Zeeshan
November 5, 2009, 11:22 PM
Cant access nayeem's thread:doc.too large. I want my money/mins.back...

Hatebreed
November 7, 2009, 12:02 AM
When I visit BC from my Palm Pre I still see the regular site, which I'm using to post right now. Although the regular version is fast enough for me to use but I'd still like to be able to use the mobile version. So why am I not getting forwarded to the mobile version? Is there a link I manually use to access it?

Nasif
November 7, 2009, 12:20 AM
When I visit BC from my Palm Pre I still see the regular site, which I'm using to post right now. Although the regular version is fast enough for me to use but I'd still like to be able to use the mobile version. So why am I not getting forwarded to the mobile version? Is there a link I manually use to access it?

Forwarding takes place in the root URL; i.e. http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona . Try starting from there.

If it doesn't work, then I guess I haven't added Palm Pre as one of mobile client. I need to verify that.

Zunaid
November 7, 2009, 12:23 PM
I actually got back revert to the standard design when I browse with my phone. My old eyes prefer the standard colors (or perhaps you cannot teach an old dog new tricks). We might play with an alternate color combo for the mobile edition.

Hatebreed
November 8, 2009, 12:33 AM
Forwarding takes place in the root URL; i.e. http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona . Try starting from there.

If it doesn't work, then I guess I haven't added Palm Pre as one of mobile client. I need to verify that.

If you could kindly verify it and work your magic to make it work with the Pre that would be really appreciated. Thank you :)

I actually got back revert to the standard design when I browse with my phone. My old eyes prefer the standard colors (or perhaps you cannot teach an old dog new tricks). We might play with an alternate color combo for the mobile edition.

Shades of grey and green would be a good place to start.

One World
November 8, 2009, 12:46 AM
Off-topic: Do you Mods put BC in your resumes?

Nasif
November 9, 2009, 12:41 AM
If you could kindly verify it and work your magic to make it work with the Pre that would be really appreciated. Thank you :)

See if it works now.

auntu
November 9, 2009, 02:19 AM
Off-topic: Do you Mods put BC in your resumes?
Good question. I would also like to know.

Hatebreed
November 9, 2009, 12:26 PM
See if it works now.

Thanks bro, it works like a charm. :)

Shafin
November 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
I'm having some problems, everytime I get to forum index page, it throws me to mobile edition. When I come back, my custom theme is gone. This is a little bit annoying. Is linux being recognized as a mobile phone OS?

Nasif
November 10, 2009, 04:15 PM
I'm having some problems, everytime I get to forum index page, it throws me to mobile edition. When I come back, my custom theme is gone. This is a little bit annoying. Is linux being recognized as a mobile phone OS?

What browser are you using, which distro? Browser's "userAgent" is used to find out if its a mobile system or not. I use Linux all the time to browse to BC; Ubuntu FireFox; Fedora FireFox; and even CentOS FireFox. It might be a result of the fix for "Palm Pre", I will have to check.

cricman
November 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
Same problem here using opera

I don't mind the mobile format on the web browser tho

One World
November 10, 2009, 11:09 PM
Planning to get an upgrade to Droid. Hope it works w' Google OS.

Nasif
November 11, 2009, 02:10 AM
Droid should work fine.

As for issues with linux, please check if it works for you now.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Windows Mobile)

Nasif
November 11, 2009, 02:21 AM
This is posted from CentOS FireFox; working fine for me.

tonoy
November 11, 2009, 03:00 AM
Using ubuntu 9.10 and works fine. No problems yet.

Shafin
November 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
What browser are you using, which distro? Browser's "userAgent" is used to find out if its a mobile system or not. I use Linux all the time to browse to BC; Ubuntu FireFox; Fedora FireFox; and even CentOS FireFox. It might be a result of the fix for "Palm Pre", I will have to check.

User agent probably has "shiretoko" in it.

Found it

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5pre) Gecko/20091017 Ubuntu/9.10 (karmic) Shiretoko/3.5.5pre

Probably you fixed the problem, I am not falling back to mobile mode any more.

kmasum
January 30, 2010, 04:46 PM
Planning to get an upgrade to Droid. Hope it works w' Google OS.

works fine with my droid !

auntu
December 31, 2010, 12:03 AM
Can't read n write Bangla in BlackBerry. Can anyone help on this? Nasif bhai?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)

Kabir
February 6, 2011, 08:09 PM
I sometimes access BC using iPad. Because iPad uses the iOS for iphone, BC recognizes me as a mobile user and sends me to the mobile site. Bc's mobile site uses style 12. To ensure that I'm able to access BC using the PCmode, I have tried to use a workaround where I bookmarked the pc style (which I believe is style#5). However, I'm still routed to the mobile site every time I access BC using the bookmarked site for pc mode.

Is there a solution for this?

Bancan
February 6, 2011, 08:30 PM
I sometimes access BC using iPad. Because iPad uses the iOS for iphone, BC recognizes me as a mobile user and sends me to the mobile site. Bc's mobile site uses style 12. To ensure that I'm able to access BC using the PCmode, I have tried to use a workaround where I bookmarked the pc style (which I believe is style#5). However, I'm still routed to the mobile site every time I access BC using the bookmarked site for pc mode.

Is there a solution for this?

Stop using your ipad.

I have a problem. BC wont let me middle click( the scroll wheel) to open a new tab? WHYYYYY. It's driving me insane. I am on chrome. This started yesterday.

Murad
February 6, 2011, 08:40 PM
^^
Does it work with internet explorer? If so, re-install the Chrome browser.

Bancan
February 6, 2011, 08:43 PM
^^
Does it work with the other browsers? If so, re-install the Chrome browser.

Yea it does. Damn it So much work.

thanks

Nadim
February 9, 2011, 04:34 PM
is there any way to read bangla using HTC desire? What software do i need to download?

Someone please help. Thanks
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Sovik
February 18, 2011, 09:27 AM
Try this (http://blog.mehedi.me/bangla-font-on-android/). this might work

1RParker
March 13, 2011, 05:59 AM
Has the mobile edition stopped working? Was working fine on my HTC dream but stopped yesterday and I'm missing it big time. Can anyone help?

Zunaid
March 13, 2011, 06:10 AM
Has the mobile edition stopped working? Was working fine on my HTC dream but stopped yesterday and I'm missing it big time. Can anyone help?

You may have inadvertently set it to PC mode or unless your browser on HTC is sending a different '"user agent" identification and masquerading as non mobile edition. One way you can get back the mobile edition or any other different style, go scroll down to almost the bottom of the and see the style selector menu to your left. Choose the Mbile edition and le voila you are back.

See attached image.

1RParker
March 13, 2011, 07:52 AM
You may have inadvertently set it to PC mode or unless your browser on HTC is sending a different '"user agent" identification and masquerading as non mobile edition. One way you can get back the mobile edition or any other different style, go scroll down to almost the bottom of the and see the style selector menu to your left. Choose the Mbile edition and le voila you are back.

See attached image.

I'm back! Thanks!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

hoodlum
December 1, 2011, 02:47 PM
i was just wondering how does the mobile edition recognize the device os we are using to access this site? sometimes i have seen only bc mobile edition without any device os name in the bracket.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Nadim
January 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hi Mod's bhai's,

Why can't i (we?) see images from mobile version any more. Before it used to say "image" to view the pic but now it seems completely invisible. pls see the prnt screen below. its been like this for a wk now.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2m3k9q1.png

thanks

MohammedC
January 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
^^^
@ nadim: this action was taken to reduce your post average/day

Nasif
January 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Updated mobile editions for iPhone/android should be on soon.

Nasif
January 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
iPhone version is up and running. If you browse on iPhone/Android/Windows Phone, you should be redirected to the the new mobile version.

Here is a screenshot:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/attachment.php?attachmentid=1254&stc=1&d=1327470715

You can force your browser into the iPhone style by selecting "iPhone BC" style from style selector at the bottom or just click here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/?styleid=13)

If you could post screenshot from your Android or Windows Phone 7 device then it would be great. I want to see sample rendering on those devices.

MohammedC
January 25, 2012, 05:18 AM
Looks good

MohammedC
January 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Image is visible again on mobile version. Good work Nasif Bhai

MohammedC
January 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
Quote and edit button is missing. But I do see the report button

MohammedC
January 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Now gone back to old mobile interface. I was enjoying the new version.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Dilscoop
January 25, 2012, 11:58 PM
My 2nd post from this new BC-mobile layout! So much easier to the eyes.

Having trouble clicking on the page #s or "last page."

Nasif
January 26, 2012, 12:20 AM
^^^ You don't have to click on the last page. If you click on any thread, it will always take you to the last page (last post) by default.

Page #s might be bit tricky as they are small. Needs little getting used to.

Dilscoop
January 26, 2012, 12:35 AM
^ ohk. And also...

Quote and edit button is missing. But I do see the report button
I wanted to quote this, but as he said..

riajul
January 26, 2012, 02:20 AM
Kemon kemon jani lagtese.

MohammedC
January 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
Also can't see PM link in new version. In a nutshell the new version looks very good and much quicker than old version. But given time all the missing buttons and links will re-appear. Then again if it does not I am happy with it.

Nasif
January 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
MC: Missing features on the iPhone version will added soon.

PM is available currently from home page (there is a link there for messages)

MohammedC
January 26, 2012, 10:42 AM
Ok I see it now.

riajul
January 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Vai, uc browser diye ekrokom r opera diye r ek rokom lage ken ?

hoodlum
January 30, 2012, 11:09 AM
Cant see the quote button. Plz add it soon.

AsifTheManRahman
January 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cant see the quote button. Plz add it soon.
Do you see the "Reply" link against each post? If so, that is it. Click to quote.

Nasif
January 31, 2012, 12:14 AM
Quote is available now in iPhone version now.

hoodlum
January 31, 2012, 05:17 AM
^ Thanks i can see it now.