PDA

View Full Version : Classless

Beamer
December 30, 2003, 02:30 PM
As I was surfing this indian news-based website, rediff. com , to pass the idle days of holiday here in U.S, I decided to check their cricket section. They have a huge one. They also have their own ratings system of test playing nations and ODI teams. All of us in this forum should visit this site and check what I am talking about. There is no mention of Bangladesh anywhere. The test ratings stop at number 9 with zimbabwe and Australia at top spot at no.1. I know we are at the bottom at the moment with no.10 ranking. That doesn't justify the omission though. I know it's hard for certain sector of the print and electronic media in the world to recognize our test staus. But guess what for all those little minded classless people? We are here and here to stay, whether you like it or not. I think, its not a mistake by the concerned people of that website to defame us by not including in the tally of test playing nations, but a delibarate attempt to disqualify us as a test playing country to their readers. Its total bullshit.

I wish the best to Indian cricket and cricket in general worldwide. It is a great sport and there shouldn't be any monopoly.

Zobair
December 30, 2003, 03:00 PM
Wait and see! we will show these buggers...

Navarene
December 30, 2003, 03:48 PM
Email your concerns to them. I am sure they will listen. I will also do the same.

Orpheus
December 30, 2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by pompous
Wait and see! we will show these buggers...

haha how long?

Arnab
December 31, 2003, 07:08 PM
> What is your justification of totally blacking out
> Bangladesh from the rankings? You did count the wins
> against BD, didn't you?
>
> There's not even one mention of BD in the whole
> section. Any logical person will conceive this as a
> deliberate omission. Suffice it to say that it is
> absolutely tasteless on your part.

Dear Arnab,

We do not count wins against Bangladesh in the Rediff test ratings.
In fact, in our calculations we completely ignore Bangladesh. So, in
some ways, it is indeed a "deliberate omission".

Having said that, we must mention that Bangladesh would've had a rating
very close to 0 even if we had included them.

If you look at the way the ICC ratings are devised, they too indirectly
ignore Bangladesh. If the original ICC formula were applied to

Bangladesh (or Kenya), the winning team would actually lose points even when he
defeat Bangladesh. So ICC comes up with a different formula so that
teams at least do not lose points if they defeat very weak sides.

We are personally very keen that Bangladesh should do well -- how great
it would have been if they had beaten Pakistan!

For now, the choice is either to include Bangladesh and show a zero
rating, or simply omit Bangladesh from the list till their performance
improves. We have chosen the second option.

Srinivas Bhogle

chinaman
December 31, 2003, 07:30 PM
What a lame excuse!
I put that site in my black list.

Hasib
December 31, 2003, 09:56 PM
I put that site in my black list

It always was on MY black list

James90
December 31, 2003, 10:15 PM
So if Bangladesh had beaten Pakistan then it wouldn't have mattered because points for and against don't count :mad:

Arnab
December 31, 2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
So if Bangladesh had beaten Pakistan then it wouldn't have mattered because points for and against don't count :mad:

No, THEN they would have included BD in their stats.

But that's not the point. They deliberately mention absolutely nothing about Bangladesh, not even an explanation why BD was omitted from the rankings in the first place. It's as if Bangladesh doesn't exist in the test arena. That's offensive.

Arnab
December 31, 2003, 10:30 PM
I sent him this reply:

Even if the ICC use seperate formulas, they still
include Bangladesh's name in their ratings.
I am heartened to know that you are keen to see
Bangladesh perform well. But the fact remains that
Bangladesh IS a test side and should at least be
mentioned in your rankings section. Even if you don't
count them in your ratings calculations for whatever
reasons, you should leave an explanation in there as
to WHY Bangladesh is not there. Anything like the
explanation you gave to me in your last email to me
would suffice.
It's not yor ratings system that irks me and fellow
Bangladeshi cricket fans, but the manner in which
Bangladesh is completely blacked out, as if there are
only 9 test nations in the world.
Unless you really do not care if Bangladeshi fans read
your site and take umbrage. Ignore my comments then.

Arnab

Hasib
December 31, 2003, 11:22 PM
These guys reckon it is harder to win oversees... I think its the other way around for Bangladesh!!!

Hasib
December 31, 2003, 11:32 PM
Banglacricket looks better than Reddif

Navarene
April 1, 2004, 02:12 PM
Not sure if it's worth to dig out an old post, but I was browsing this Rediff website and to my surprise I found that even though they had their ODI ranking table updated, there was still no place for Bangladesh with 3 ODI points!

What new excuse has this Srinivas Bhogle guy to defend himself now(pls read Bhogle's mail to Arnab above)?

Rediff's latest ODI ranking (http://in.rediff.com/cricket/odirank.htm)

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Navarene]

acbizz
April 1, 2004, 02:41 PM
Typical Indian ( **lu) mentality

They will accept us if we beat Pakistan ? :)

One day we will beat them and that’s the fact….though it is very hard for some ppl to understand….

No team can be champion in one day…. India used to lose outside India…so they should not be also included in any rating based on this :)
And that would be so stupid… I wish this guy will start using his brain soon

Let's just stay away from rediff

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by acbizz]

Beamer
April 1, 2004, 02:46 PM
I was pleasently surprised to see my original post resurface again. The response from the rediff guy only cements my suspiscion about their deliberate attempt to ommit Bangladesh from test playing ranks by a vice of non-mention with some illogical arguements. Like, had we beaten pakistan, they would have mentioned. What bogus is that? This is actually an extension of negative media bias towards Bangladesh that is prevalent in Indian media . Cricket is also part of it. Anyway, who cares about rediff. We are the tenth test playing country, no matter what they say, or what theory they derive to keep us aloof. We have to just suck it up for now and answer these people on the field by contined improvement over the coming years. Even then we may have to battle these people of alleged match fixing if and when we are able to beat India. I also recall, not long ago, when Indian media and public were very jealous of Sri lankan success during their glory years. Our players should read these stuff . It will harden their resolve and quietly go about their business. And thanks to Arnab for digging deep into the matter by actually writing to them.

reinausagi
April 2, 2004, 04:57 AM
Excellent riposte Arnab. If I wore a hat, it would be off to you.

Two thumbs up!:flag:

akabir77
April 2, 2004, 10:18 AM
F**k redief. we will soon beat zimbwe right and left and india shouldn't forget that 400 in the very first innings.. wait india we are coming :fire::fanflag:

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by akabir77]

reverse_swing
April 2, 2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by akabir77
F*** redief. we will soon beat zimbwe right and left and india shouldn't forget that 400 in the very first innings.. wait india we are coming :fire::fanflag:

Dear brother use proper language. And the website is rediff dot com not redief.Anyway I share ur feelings!

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by chinaman]

akabir77
April 2, 2004, 10:36 AM
[quote]Originally posted by reverse_swing

what ever.. sorry for the thing i thought its gonna correct automatically. i went back corrected that but about the web site who cares whats the name

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by akabir77]