PDA

View Full Version : Taekwondo: Besides Chess and Shooting this is an event we can excel in

Tigers_eye
August 24, 2009, 09:57 AM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=13595&pageTitle=details&editionID=776

South Korea: we won two gold medals in 5th Korean Open International Taekwondo Championship. The weight category was -67kg and +68kg. Mizanur Rahman who also won gold in SAF games won the -67kg gold beating Pak Mubasir Ali. Rasiul Kabir won the other beating Pak's Mujahid in finals. This tour was in preparation of 2010 Jan-Feb SA games.

One World
August 24, 2009, 09:59 AM
Yes we are very good at lightweight category, but did not we hear the similar thing about hockey for years, our shooting currently is below standard as well.

Tigers_eye
August 24, 2009, 10:04 AM
Yes we are very good at lightweight category, but did not we hear the similar thing about hockey for years, our shooting currently is below standard as well.
Hockey is a team sports. Once great Pak and Ind can't compete against Spain, USSR let alone Aus, Holland, Eng, S Korea. It was a flash in a pan for us, we all knew that. We have no infra structure/facitilies to sustain growth here. Malay will score half a dozen on any given day. Just like Football.

Shooting, well if we can take care of our shooters properly and not break their arms and legs we will be fine. Even cadres from the Universities can easily beat what other countries has to offer.

AsifTheManRahman
August 24, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, that's the thing - we have to make sure we don't beat up our athletes. There's so much potential in shooting - if only we spent some more money and effort behind it...

As for chess, I don't think there's much more that the federation can do. It's probably the only sport (if I may call it that) in Bangladesh that's headed in the right direction at the right pace.

bujhee kom
August 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
My wife is a Karate Orange belt and Nin-jutsu Blue belt! Alhamdulillah, for real, she can kick random people's a$$ on the street!

AsifTheManRahman
August 24, 2009, 03:07 PM
Send her to Bangladesh. We need some Olympic gold medals.

Fazal
August 24, 2009, 11:07 PM
My wife is a Karate Orange belt and Nin-jutsu Blue belt! Alhamdulillah, for real, she can kick random people's a$$ on the street!

BK bhai,

Alhamdulillah, You must feel securing while walking at NY streets at night.

I hope she doesn't do the same at home though.