PDA

View Full Version : Best Finishers from each team? (Limited Overs Cricket)

WI4EVER
August 25, 2009, 10:54 AM
Australia:

Micheal Clarke
The Hussey Brothers

South Africa:

Albie Morkel
Mark Boucher
Roelof van de merve
Jean-Paul Duminy
Herschelle Gibbs

Sri Lanka:

Kumar Sangakkara
Mahela Jayawardene

Pakistan:

Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal (When batting down the order)

India:

MS Dhoni
Yusuf Pathan
Suresh Raina

England:

Paul Collingwood
Matt Prior

New Zealand:

Jacob Oram
Brendon McCullum

West Indies:

Ramnaresh Sarwan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Denesh Ramdin

Bangladesh:

Shakib al Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2009, 04:42 PM
Aus: Johnson, I'll give Hussey a chance (M).
NZ: Vettori
BD: Naeem, Riyad, Mushi (somewhat)
Ind: Dhoni, Harbajan
SL: Dilshan, Kapugedara
Pak: Abdul Razzak
Eng: Prior, Collingwood
SA: De Villiers, A Morkel
Zim: Chigumbura
WI: Bravo, Chandurpaul

One World
August 25, 2009, 04:50 PM
Best finishers of BD who rewrote history:

Anis, Pilot, Aftab, Enam Jr

WI4EVER
August 25, 2009, 04:54 PM
Aus: Johnson, I'll give Hussey a chance (M).
NZ: Vettori
BD: Naeem, Riyad, Mushi (somewhat)
Ind: Dhoni, Harbajan
SL: Dilshan, Kapugedara
Pak: Abdul Razzak
Eng: Prior, Collingwood
SA: De Villiers, A Morkel
Zim: Chigumbura
WI: Bravo, Chandurpaul

I have doubts on Vettori, he is more of a nudger, though he has played some great finishing knocks, but Oram has many more.

I won't comment on Bangladesh as you all know more than me.

I also have doubts on Harbhajan, he is more in the Vettori category, Yusuf Pathan is a devastating hitter of the yorker and Raina is great at opening up angles.

I need to see more of Kapugedera before I can judge him, but Dilshan rarely bats through in 50 over Cricket, which is more of a challenge than 20/20. But from what I've seen in 20/20 Cricket, he looks like he can get it done in 50/50 too.

Few will doubt Razzaq's capabilities.

I agree with you on England and South Africa, and Zimbabwe too.

Sarwan is a better finisher than Bravo, Sarwan is one of the best finishers in the game, top 5 in 50 overs Cricket.

One World
August 25, 2009, 04:59 PM
Sarwan is a better finisher than Bravo, Sarwan is one of the best finishers in the game, top 5 in 50 overs Cricket.

Sarwan can disappoint you. He goes through huge mood swing - so typical of your players.

Gowza
August 25, 2009, 05:27 PM
pakistan: umar akmal (still early but looks to be a good finisher)

india: yuvraj singh

WI4EVER
August 25, 2009, 08:11 PM
Sarwan can disappoint you. He goes through huge mood swing - so typical of your players.

Finishers often disappoint! They are batting at the death which is high risk and low reward. Sarwan has been a disappointment in the test arena, he really should be averaging close to 50, but few will doubt his class in ODI's.

And since you're talking about mood swings, look at Ashraful. 21 scores past 50 in 140 innings......Fails to string together good performances, so typical of your players.

Sarwan in the meantime has 35 scores past 50 in 140 innings, and when he started off he came in #5 or below.

Tigers_eye
September 1, 2009, 01:32 PM
I think we differ in understanding the word finisher. To me Just hard hitting in the lower order does not equal to finisher.

Finishers must pace their innings, take responsibility and see the end of the game (more often than not). Perfect finisher in modern day would be M Bevan.

Just last year or so Dilshan is promoted to the top order. Otherwise through out his career he was among the best finishers of the game. Sarwan, on the other hand, is no way near Chandurpaul. He may be a better player than CP but not a better finisher. Yes, he has some great winning knocks but by average he falls short of CP. Bravo still has time. I followed IPL and for Mumbai Bravo was the finisher.

Vettori's nudging is to me pacing the innings. He alone finished us off in the most recent series. Otherwise, at home we would have won both test (1-0 they won) and ODI (2-1 they won) series with ease. Yusuf Pathan is just a hard hitter. As for Harbajan, he bailed Ind out few times already. But he is not like others. So we can scratch him from the list, no problem.