PDA

View Full Version : Multiple log-ins and abusing forums

Zunaid
September 5, 2009, 10:41 AM
Some members are trying to circumvent forum rules by creating and hiding under alternate IDs. These users (including the original ID) may be summarily and permanently banned.

WarWolf
September 5, 2009, 05:15 PM
Good step Zunaid bhai. If someone is not happy with his/her primary identity then it's clear that something is wrong there.

ammark
September 6, 2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe they feel they have too much post count under their main identity, and now they should have an alter ego who should compete for cricket sage ;-)

Zunaid
September 6, 2009, 02:49 PM
Well - most unfortunately, some lie about it. That just makes it worse. Most interestingly the culprits span from tweens to adults (oh, you know who you are). Such infractions had been generally overlooked in the past if the outcome had been benign but now .... You shall start seeing some punitive measures being doled out - no favorites - equal opportunity.

Omio
September 6, 2009, 03:11 PM
banglar jono gon tader dekhte chay.:-)

Murad
September 6, 2009, 03:49 PM

I agree. :)

layperson
September 6, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well - most unfortunately, some lie about it. That just makes it worse. Most interestingly the culprits span from tweens to adults (oh, you know who you are). Such infractions had been generally overlooked in the past if the outcome had been benign but now .... You shall start seeing some punitive measures being doled out - no favorites - equal opportunity.

Yes we want names :)

Rifat
September 6, 2009, 04:27 PM
social experiment: whether it is a fruitful one or FAIL is a different issue :)

WarWolf
September 6, 2009, 06:33 PM
[বাংলা]আমরা জানতে চাই। তথ্য আমাদের অধিকার[/বাংলা]

al Furqaan
September 6, 2009, 08:05 PM
bc is one of the few sites where i only have one personality!

yaseer
September 7, 2009, 12:11 AM
isn't it also possible that two different person using same PC or IP?

Anyway, we want the names :)

magic boy
September 7, 2009, 04:23 PM
cloning is the worst problem for a forum. I visit different forum and same is noticed. banning IP is a permanent solution and thereby public awareness should be increased.. I hope BC will start its own clone eradication mission very soon :p

Fazal
September 7, 2009, 04:40 PM
Exposing the violators (along with whatever decision the MOD takes) may serve the MODs intend i.e. discourage others to do this, awareness to the rest and avoid the pitfalls, minimize the advantage the violators are trying to gain.

So I say, the admin has some moral obligation to expose the violators to the rest and help us to avoid pitfalls.

AsifTheManRahman
September 7, 2009, 10:40 PM
But ignorance is bliss...

layperson
September 7, 2009, 11:13 PM
nadim_98 might be one of the perpetrators. See if you guys dont start naming names general members will start speculating like me and a lot of mud slinging will start leading to degredation of forum environment. So yes once again lets see some names. Lets make BC like Ittefaq and not Daily star. :)

Hatebreed
September 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
Name and shame the culprits I say!

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2009, 08:49 AM
No names please. Month of Ramadan. Stop speculating. Thank God it weren't you guys.

Fazal
September 8, 2009, 09:25 AM
....is TE and Mia Bhai same person?

revolver
September 8, 2009, 10:52 AM
can som1 confirm was nadim dukhi meye?

Zunaid
September 8, 2009, 11:00 AM
I would like to encourage everyone to stop speculating who is what. We are here not to shame anyone and it serves little purpose in humiliating anyone publicly. There are forum rules - they serve to keep this forum dynamic and clean. Mods/admins/staff of BC are all volunteers who are doing yeoman's service for the love of cricket. The fans here (and they include BC admins/mods/staff) are also here because of their love for Bangladesh cricket. We all have a common bond. Lets strengthen that rather than tear it asunder.

revolver
September 8, 2009, 11:11 AM
I would like to encourage everyone to stop speculating who is what. We are here not to shame anyone and it serves little purpose in humiliating anyone publicly. There are forum rules - they serve to keep this forum dynamic and clean. Mods/admins/staff of BC are all volunteers who are doing yeoman's service for the love of cricket. The fans here (and they include BC admins/mods/staff) are also here because of their love for Bangladesh cricket. We all have a common bond. Lets strengthen that rather than tear it asunder.

sorry but the only reason im saying this coz he is refusing 2 say it...im espeically saying it because he tricked me

Shafin
September 8, 2009, 11:45 AM
Can we get the count at least? How many infractions so far?

layperson
September 8, 2009, 12:24 PM

See you are being Daily Star now.

Zunaid
September 8, 2009, 12:45 PM
See you are being Daily Star now.

Funny. :)

akabir77
September 8, 2009, 01:14 PM
What if 2 people r using the same ip?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

layperson
September 8, 2009, 01:24 PM
What if 2 people r using the same ip?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

If is is daily star judging then nothing will happen but if it is manabjamin(i think they are the one who picked up the news from Onion) then both will get banned regardless.

Hatebreed
September 8, 2009, 08:51 PM
Alrite seriously, let's not try to guess who it was or make assumptions about people, especially as they can't be here to defend themselves.

layperson
September 8, 2009, 09:02 PM
Alrite seriously, let's not try to guess who it was or make assumptions about people, especially as they can't be here to defend themselves.

I agree with this 2000 percent. However the guessing game will continue unless BC turns in Ittefaq. There is a reason why bangladeshis including myself like gossip shows on tv. :)

Zunaid
September 8, 2009, 09:08 PM
I agree with the above two posters very strongly. Remember, we are all human. Stop idle speculations and use BC to post about ... what is this about? ... oh Bangladesh Cricket.

Zunaid
September 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
I am now closing this thread.