PDA

View Full Version : Kenya failed to get Test status

Mahmood
July 3, 2002, 10:20 AM
Today, ICC denied Kenya test status as Kenya doesnt have a longer version league format.

My guess is, next year in June they will acheive test status.

Tehsin
July 3, 2002, 11:37 AM
Next June ? You mean after they beat us and a couple of BIG teams ? Yes.

Mahmood
July 3, 2002, 12:23 PM
Kenya will not beat BD.

I repeat, BD will blow away Kenya in WC2003.

fwullah
July 3, 2002, 11:52 PM
As a Bangladeshi, I think it is too soon for Kenya to get test status.

I thought we could go into a level in test cricket from where we can beat any new team and then Kenya would get test status.

[So that, we can have 100 percent record of beating Kenya in test match cricket - for at least five to six years]

Mahmood
July 4, 2002, 02:19 AM
And it will probably be just like that.

shahid
March 20, 2003, 12:56 AM
They have beaten us and a couple of big teams (SL and Zim). They should be given test status this June.

Ehsan
March 20, 2003, 01:13 AM
Shahid u seem to very excited to become the VIP member of this board as you are pulling out some very old posts....Good luck!!!;)

[Edited on 20-3-2003 by ehsan]

shahid
March 20, 2003, 07:09 AM
Ehsan, you seem to be in a racing with me to be a VIP member earlier. We both registered at nearly the same time and also our ages are same too. Let me tell you, I am posting 5 messages per day and you are posting 4.13 messages per day. It would take me 100 days to be a VIP member from my date of registration but it should take me just 80 !!!

Ehsan
March 20, 2003, 02:39 PM
Well brother no racing ...I'm just eager to hear from you people thats why I write

shahid
March 21, 2003, 06:54 AM
Ehsan,

Let's forget the race. I won't be quick now. Maybe it would take me 100 days to do that.

Arnab
March 21, 2003, 07:06 AM
lmao @ the manikjors.

Orpheus
March 21, 2003, 07:47 AM
"lmao @ the manikjors."

Bujlam na... Manikjors mane ki? Jor means like couple or twin or whatever and manik means --- diamond?? I am sure there is a meaning to manikjors... wanna explain Arnab? - I will tell you the meaning of your name if you dont' know :D

Anyways, it will be very sad if Shahid is not 18. If he turns out to be 12, I will be very ashamed of myself as I am picking on him in the other thread.

Shahid, attach your birth certificate here. I wanna see the date. But if you are 18 and ever come to US - Kaulas are gonna eat you alive man!!!

[Edited on 21-3-2003 by Orpheus]

Arnab
March 21, 2003, 08:45 AM
Orpheus, good dissection of the word, that's exactly what it means. I don't think there'e an English equivalent for the word...although "Dynamic Duo" comes to mind. But that's not what it means. "Manikjor" ( hard "r") is an affectionate term, referring to two brothers/siblings or two very intimate friends who hang out/do things together. And NO, it's NOT used to refer to people who are gay. :)

PS. No points for guessing what my name means. :) Although I AM curious if you really know it.

[Edited on 21-3-2003 by Arnab]

shahid
March 21, 2003, 09:42 AM
I was born in Dhaka,BD on 12 Dec 1984. I never had a birth certificate. I am 18 now. I would never come to US, NEVER. I would come back to BD one day.

zakir
March 21, 2003, 12:12 PM
Arnab is a Bengali word which means Ocean .

Orpheus
March 21, 2003, 04:49 PM
PS. No points for guessing what my name means. Although I AM curious if you really know it.

As zakir said, it means Ocean. Well I know what it means because my 4-5 months old nephew is named Arnab. I even asked my bro-in-law, why such a peculiar name was chosen and that it's not even a muslim name (well i should be the last one to objct to that but I have to go against him - i don't like that guy)
Well he told me the meaning and that it is a very very very rare name to which I replied I even "know" a guy (you) named Arnab - and I don't even know many ppl. I am so lonely. Then he is like - all of his friends loved that name and was praising him for coming up with such a beautiful name. Then I ended the conversation with this line: I hope he doesn't turn out to be like the guy I "know".

Sorry Arnab for writing all these jargon but I just wanted to show you what others felt about the name Arnab.

:):(:D;):cool::mad::o:P - place each face where appropriate - so you can laugh rather than getting offended. -- ooooo that should be my new signature.

[Edited on 21-3-2003 by Orpheus]

Arnab
March 21, 2003, 08:44 PM
I think a tear just rolled down my cheek. :)

Arnab probably was very uncommon in the early 80s. For a muslim kid at least. It's gotten fashionable over the years. I have seen a "couple" of Arnabs here and there back in Dhaka. And they were all born in the 90s.

I have yet to see my last name though. It's too peculiar to get fashionable even now it seems.

shahid
March 22, 2003, 12:45 AM
Anyways, it will be very sad if Shahid is not 18. If he turns out to be 12, I will be very ashamed of myself as I am picking on him in the other thread.

Orpheus, I am 18. I was born on 12 Dec 1984 in Dhaka,BD What is the other thread you are picking me on?

Shahid, attach your birth certificate here. I wanna see the date.

How can anyone attach their birth certificate here. My birth certificate was made in 1995. I never had it in 1984. I was born on 12 Dec 1984 in Dhaka,BD.

But if you are 18 and ever come to US - Kaulas are gonna eat you alive man!!!

Who are these Kaulas and why would i ever come to US ? It's a very dangerous place, you should know this.

[Edited on 22-3-2003 by shahid]

Shubho
March 22, 2003, 04:24 AM
Weren't you born in a hospital? Or were you one of those who were "born free"...out in the wild? :P

Orpheus
March 22, 2003, 10:02 AM
LOL Shubho, leave Shahid alone - he is a good kid - Just like me :D

Shahid to answer your quotes:
q1) yes I believe you are 18 now. I guess you already found out the other thread and looks like you are picking on ME now.

q2) When I asked you to attach your B-certificate, I didn't really want you to scan your B-certificate and upload it here but rather it was a "kothar - kotha". You know like how you say - "I will only believe that you have a tatoo in there if you show it to me" but you know that she is not gonna show you the tatoo. You just say it. Maybe she is stupid - you might get lucky. Ok now I don't make any sense. But again - it wouldn't be wise to upload your Birth-certificate online for everyone to view. It would be rather stupid.
By the way, even if your B-C was made in 95, I believe your date of birth will remain the same.

q3 - Well Kaulas are a very dangerous species. They are cannibals. That's why they eat you alive - especially ppl that are too cheery and gay <---this word has more than one meaning. I am not calling you manikjor like Arnab - I think Arnab lied - Manikjor really means gay (aka faggot).
I don't know why would you wanna come to US, maybe better lifestyle, "better" education, more opportunities - but - I was just saying IF you ever do.
Speaking of dangerous place, aren't everyplace in the world dangerous?? - well maybe not switzerland. I believe NYC is one of the safest city in the world - atleast safer than Indian cities. Anyone got statistics?

By the way ARNAB - what is your last name?

[Edited on 22-3-2003 by Orpheus]

Arnab
March 22, 2003, 01:06 PM
You know like how you say - "I will only believe that you have a tatoo in there if you show it to me"

I say that all the time, to good-looking girls. And I really mean it when I say that. :)

Ehsan
March 22, 2003, 01:32 PM
I say that all the time, to good-looking girls. And I really mean it when I say that.
:o

Makes sense for good looking guys like me.....but I don't think it makes any sense in Arnab's case ;) :D

[Edited on 22-3-2003 by ehsan]

Arnab
March 22, 2003, 04:30 PM
Ehsan, you twisted little ****! :) Why would someone say that to a good-looking "guy"? :)

James90
March 22, 2003, 05:59 PM
Sorry to ruin your fun

Kenya will probably get test status in June 2005. June 2005 is when Bangladesh's scheduled tests finish so it's my understanding that Kenya will probably replace Bangladesh for test status

Kenyan Test Status (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/cwc2003/hi/newsid_2870000/newsid_2876500/2876555.stm)

[Edited on 22-3-2003 by James90]

Arnab
March 22, 2003, 07:08 PM
Replace? Hmm.

Orpheus
March 22, 2003, 09:04 PM
"It seems likely the Africans will become the 11th Test nation in June, 2005."

///What a relief!! 11th test nation but then

"That's not to say Kenya will [start playing Tests] from June 2005, and we must also address the issue of how many countries can play Tests"

///What do they mean by that?? If 11 countries are allowed - then sigh of relief (but I don't think that's what they mean) .. they will probably make it 10 nations ... and I guess Goodbye to Bangladesh.
Now that I think of it, maybe it was all planned cuz BAngladesh has no tour after 2005. All of their 10 years tour were condensed into 5 years. All CONSPIRACY!!!

Well, Bangladesh better start to win some matches - that's all there is to do. Why did India have to get back their form prior to BD tour??? :mad: Kono ek bangalee khub kharap ekta paap korchilo. I can only HOPE that India becomes the WC champ and then loses to BD :D (I don't mind if it's through bribing)

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Orpheus]

fwullah
March 22, 2003, 09:53 PM
Well actually I think that Bangladesh's ten-year plan is only 5 year in reality is because that the ICC had thought of entering another test nation after 2005. In that case, the other test nation (i.e., Kenya) will get to play at least a few test matches in 5 years onwards. Because otherwise the established 9 test playing nations would not get time to play any test match or test series or one day series with the newer test nation (Kenya).

That is the most logical thing that I could think of, otherwise, if it was like this that Bangladesh had to play all the matches that they have been playing over 5 years, they would then have played the same number of matches in 10 years.

Now it seems that if the latter was the case, then it would have been better for Bangladesh, but what has been done is done.

I guess after the year 2005, the future BCB will find it more difficult to arrange matches for Bangladesh. So to make sure that does not happen, as you said, that Bangladesh will have to win a couple of matches within the year 2005 against test nations.

shahid
March 23, 2003, 01:36 AM
Want Kenya as 11th test nation. BD should start winning tests now. They have a great chance against Pak. I would want to see a BD-Kenya test match then. Here is how i think new test-playing nations would come up:

Kenya - 2005
Holland - 2008 (maybe, but they would be the 12th)
Namibia - 2012 (Will be the 13th)
Nepal - 2015 (Will be the 14th)
and may be some others. I think there would be 15 test-nations by 2023.

shahid
March 23, 2003, 01:39 AM
NO BIRTH CERTIFICATE????

Weren't you born in a hospital? Or were you one of those who were "born free"...out in the wild? :P

Shubho,

I was born in Dhaka, BD on 12 Dec 1984 and by B-Certificate was made in 1995.

James90
March 23, 2003, 06:08 AM
You've already said that....the question is were you born in a hospital

Ehsan
March 23, 2003, 04:57 PM
Guess shahid likes to repeat things :D;)