PDA

View Full Version : Best Cricketer(s) You've Ever Played With.....

WI4EVER
October 5, 2009, 03:44 PM
I've Played with or against the following:

Trinidad:
Brian Lara
Gus Logie
Ian Bishop
Denesh Ramdin

Guyana (played with):
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Fazil Sattaur and Abdul Samad (Brothers)
Sunil and Sudesh Dhaniram
Clyde Butts
Carl Hooper
Roger Harper

Barbados:
Sherwin Cambell
Vasbert Drakes
Desmond Haynes
Ottis Gibson
Floyd Reifer

Jamaica:
Courtney Walsh
Patrick Patterson
Jeff Dujon
Nehemiah Perry

Leewards/Windwards:
Ridley Jacobs
Richie Richardson

WI4EVER
October 5, 2009, 03:47 PM
I hope you guys know most of the names here....due to the lack of West Indians here.

Tigers_eye
October 5, 2009, 03:47 PM
If I have a chance I will play with you. Then I can say i have played with someone who played with ....

AsifTheManRahman
October 5, 2009, 03:49 PM
Brian Lara who?

Does he pull like Shakib Al Hasan?

WI4EVER
October 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
Brian Lara who?

Does he pull like Shakib Al Hasan?

Its the cuts and the drives that you should be scared of....whenever you set a field, there is always a gap, and no matter where it is Lara would find it...

Zunaid
October 5, 2009, 03:54 PM
I hope you guys know most of the names here....due to the lack of West Indians here.

Damn. Dude.

Btw, I was familiar with all of them in various degrees save for Ottis.

WI4EVER
October 5, 2009, 03:55 PM
Damn. Dude.

Gee I'm proud to know you all know much about WI Cricket.

Zeeshan
October 5, 2009, 05:36 PM
If I have a chance I will play with you. Then I can say i have played with someone who played with ....

Kinda like Erdos number?

sbsash
October 5, 2009, 05:50 PM
The best players I ever played with are my uncle,one of his friend and a young guy named Sohel.

Shehwar
October 5, 2009, 06:02 PM
Wow! dude whats ur name?...I bet they have ur first class stats in cricinfo....anyways...I played with Shahriar Nafees before he started playing for the under 19s and eventually the national side...and more recently with Carl Greenidge (Gordon Greenidge's son)....Thats just about it I guess....

WI4EVER
October 5, 2009, 07:31 PM
Wow! dude whats ur name?...I bet they have ur first class stats in cricinfo....anyways...I played with Shahriar Nafees before he started playing for the under 19s and eventually the national side...and more recently with Carl Greenidge (Gordon Greenidge's son)....Thats just about it I guess....

Most of these guys I played with in U-19's for Guyana, back when it was competitive. I would like to remain anonymous, but I played 19 FC Matches and averaged 27.59 with 6 50's (HS 90).

My hardest time was against Jamaica facing up to Patterson and Walsh....Walsh had me lbw for 16, the man wasn't even in his prime.

Ashraf-FTP
October 5, 2009, 09:14 PM
man, you are lucky.. the best cricketers i have ever played with are 2 BD former (1 quit recently) first-second division players..

the best players i played soccer with- a former first division guy who played for muktijoddha and shadharon bima in first division for some years.. also played a whole summer with 7-8 mexican-canadian guys who played (and play) in the CSL..

Imteaz
October 6, 2009, 12:11 AM
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (West Indies), Mohammad Ashraful, Minhajul Abedin Nannu and Habibul Bashar (Bangladesh).

When West Indies came to play Knock Out World Cup (Present Champions Trophy) in Bangladesh back in 1998, I got a chance to bowl in their net against Chanderpaul in Dhanmondi Cricket Stadium (Abahoni Ground).

Only against Ashraful I played a match before he has come to International cricket back in 2000/01. With Nannu and Sumon, only net.

Another name is Alok Kapali. I didnt know that. Few months back one of my friend ask that do you know whose wicket you got during sylhet tour? He was Alok kapali.

Different experience. Still I feel excited.:)

zman
October 6, 2009, 01:17 AM
I don't know if this counts but when I was a student at CTG college, my dad knew Nannu, Nobel, Akram, Rubel and they used to visit us once in a while and sometimes we'd be fooling around with bat and ball.

Abid_Khan
October 6, 2009, 09:05 AM
I'm playing with the future Australian wicketkeeper (for sure he's really good he'll make it), he's the son of Craig McDermott

Shehwar
October 6, 2009, 03:36 PM
I'm playing with the future Australian wicketkeeper (for sure he's really good he'll make it), he's the son of Craig McDermott

Abid in that case there is no reason why you shoudn't make it...

Zeeshan
October 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
Alas! And I thought this is a thread Dr. Z could never post in... Tsk tsk...

Damn. Dude.

[বাংলা] ধরি মাছ। না ছুই পানি ! [/বাংলা]

bangla-red
October 6, 2009, 04:23 PM
Damn. Dude.

England's bowling coach, he got 10 wickets in an innings vs Hampshire for Durham in an LVCC match a few years ago.

Fazal
October 7, 2009, 04:14 PM
I played tin tash with some ex bangladeshi players in NY. Does that count?

bujhee kom
October 7, 2009, 06:50 PM
I once saw Sandeep Patil, Gundaappa Bhiswanath, Kirti Azad and Asantha DeMel at the old Dhaka (BongoBondhu) National stadium and even got their autographs on an AMar Chitra Katha's comic book!

Zeeshan
October 7, 2009, 07:42 PM
The Sandeep Patil? gtfo! You gotta be kidding me... Upload pics or stop with the ashare golpos!

One World
October 7, 2009, 07:43 PM
I know only one Patil, her first name is Smita, :).

WI4EVER
October 8, 2009, 04:21 PM
I played tin tash with some ex bangladeshi players in NY. Does that count?

Yes.

Tigers_eye
October 8, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yes.
lol, no.

TIN TASH = you become a begger gambling all you got. Not as fun as playing crickets with legends.

WI4EVER
October 8, 2009, 07:17 PM
lol, no.

TIN TASH = you become a begger gambling all you got. Not as fun as playing crickets with legends.

I watched Lara keep wicket and hit 160 in U-19's.

And if the Ex-Bangladeshis were like 50, then no, if they were still good, then it could count.

Imteaz
October 9, 2009, 12:40 AM
How?

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2009, 11:10 AM
How?
Why How?

Fazal
October 9, 2009, 02:13 PM
Yes.

Oh Great. Then I can also claim that I indeed played with some ex-Bangladeshi cricket players.

Imteaz
October 12, 2009, 03:40 AM
Why How?

The explanation you gave about TIN TASH player and Mr. WI4EVER allowed TIN TASH players as regular player, So I asked How..................Nothing serious. :)

aklemalp
October 13, 2009, 02:04 PM
i got the chance to play with some recent west indians , they are narsingh deonarine(he was in the squad that was suppose to play against bangladesh recently)and sewnarine chattergoon,i had gotten autographs from chanderpaul ,carlhooper,sarwan,and most other guyanese cricketers