PDA

View Full Version : Yunis Khan resigns

Surfer
October 13, 2009, 06:29 AM
He has resigned from captaincy following some serious match fixing allegations by some Pakistani MPs. They grilled him hard in a meeting and YK offered his resignation.

He is also taking a short break from cricket.

Tigers_eye
October 13, 2009, 06:56 AM
Good for him. Good for PCB, bad for Pakistan.

Roni_uk
October 13, 2009, 07:11 AM
There is always some problam in this team and in that country. Perhaps its about time they ban Pakistan forever!! :P

One World
October 13, 2009, 08:03 AM
Corruption 1 - Cricket 0
Transparency Intl. ++

Ajfar
October 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
Man this is so messed up. just when their team was starting to put things together, it starts to fall apart again. nothing new for Pakistan Cricket.

revolver
October 13, 2009, 11:45 AM
there gonna pay for this

AsifTheManRahman
October 13, 2009, 11:54 AM
Man this is so messed up. just when their team was starting to put things together, it starts to fall apart again. nothing new for Pakistan Cricket.
Yes, very sad indeed. Gotta feel for the players - they seem to be trying everything to mend the tarnished reputation of their country, but are getting pegged back by their politicians and the instability back home at every step.

zman
October 13, 2009, 12:49 PM
Very sad incidence but how many times have we seen this movie b4! Can't even say didn't see it coming...was only a matter of time b4 the latest sequel hit the theaters.

deshifan
October 13, 2009, 10:19 PM
hmmm........

same old story.

bharat
October 13, 2009, 11:35 PM
Younis is probably the best thing that happened to Pak cricket in the last decade.For me he looks a natural leader and a true gentleman .

BANFAN
October 14, 2009, 12:43 AM
Does it mean YK was directly involved? I can't match it with his personality. He was always trying to make an straight & upright impression of himself even before becoming a captain. Things like refusing to be make shift captain etc etc.

What the hell these pakis are upto; why can't they ever remain honest to the purpose? I hate generalizing things; but this is probably a common national issue in each and every sector; be it sports, politics, business, societal practices etc etc

May God give them some sense/hedaya

_Rafi_
October 14, 2009, 01:50 PM
Why Indian newspaper are so interested on this matter. Infact they were first to raise such qu. without any proof. And nothing to say about those Pakistani MPs.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

bujhee kom
October 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
I am genuine big fan of Yunis Khan, he is a great living legend in my book! I have faith in him and I have the highest of respect for Yunis Khan!

Ajfar
October 14, 2009, 06:16 PM
why are Pakistani Politician's being stupid. An Indian Newspaper raises the issue, and they make it such a big deal. this is hopeless.

Surfer
October 15, 2009, 01:07 AM
Why Indian newspaper are so interested on this matter. Infact they were first to raise such qu. without any proof. And nothing to say about those Pakistani MPs.

why are Pakistani Politician's being stupid. An Indian Newspaper raises the issue, and they make it such a big deal. this is hopeless.

Which newspaper? Where is the link? Teh first time I heard of it, that Pakistani MP was shouting on every news channel- Indian and Pakistani- that he knows it for a fact that the matches were fixed. The Indian newspapers were reporting that only. Why can't anyone give a link to the story that came before the MP opened his mouth?

Some Pakistanis claim that it was an Indian blog that published this first and it said that there could be more to the matches than meets the eye. Blogs are written by individuals and they usually write their personal POVs. How can anyone take anything written in a blog seriously and make such a mess over it?

And assuming someone in the Indian media did indeed raise this, how can an unsubstantiated story run by a foreign press create such troubles in Pakistan. Does Indian media have that kind of hold on things in Pakistan?

This mess, like all other messes before, are their own doing. They have a habit of creating troubles and controversies out of thin air. And they also have a habit of blaming it all on India.

One World
October 15, 2009, 03:09 PM
Mate, you sound like if PAK did not raise issues blaming on India everything will be calm and resolved. Chaos need to be handled from both ends. It would be good if these two could end this useless tug-of-war.

Tigers_eye
October 15, 2009, 04:31 PM
He has demanded some funny demands. I will wait till it comes to light.

zman
October 15, 2009, 07:52 PM
When it comes to India/Pakistan issues, all i'm going to say is...ek hate tali baje na.

nzfan
October 16, 2009, 04:08 AM
Pakistan are generally crickets sore losers

they can't accept defeat and the captain always seems to be the one who takes the blame

latsoshir
October 16, 2009, 04:27 AM
I haven't found an introductions thread so here seems as good a place as any.

I'm Donny. I own and run AussieCricket.net I played cricket for 45 years and now 'play' all my cricket on the net.

revolver
October 16, 2009, 05:28 AM
I haven't found an introductions thread so here seems as good a place as any.

I'm Donny. I own and run AussieCricket.net I played cricket for 45 years and now 'play' all my cricket on the net.

welcome
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=33
this is the welcoming thread

Imteaz
October 18, 2009, 12:15 AM
Everything is possible for Pakistan Cricket.

One World
October 20, 2009, 02:56 AM
Everything seems to be dragged down to normality.

Ajfar
October 20, 2009, 10:51 AM
Following Pak Cricket is like following a reality TV show.