PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Rommel
October 17, 2009, 11:21 AM
Well boys, the season is among us. I have already drafted my fantasy bball team and the preseason has finally started. Hawks Hawks Hawks!!!!!!!!!!! We should be able to get 50+ wins this year and really contend for the title.

Just to pump yall up:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPhb_iwwnpw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dPhb_iwwnpw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Rommel
October 27, 2009, 09:30 PM
Jeeze does anyone here like basketball?

Farhad
October 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
haha...I dont mind it. Only interesting with playoff intensity though. There're just way too many games in the season. The more games there are, the less each individual game matters. Teams get hot and cold throughout the season and its impossible to tell how good a team is until its playoff time. Just look at last year: Celts start off with the best season start in NBA history (at 27-2), record the second longest winning streak in league history, and still get knocked out in the second round of the playoffs. Unlike football, its just not all that fun a game to watch without stakes attached...

Didnt mind seeing the Celts drop the Cavs to start off though...:rolleyes:

Fazal
October 28, 2009, 08:28 AM
Good road win for Wizards.

From 19 wins to 51 wins ... is it possible?

May be as long as core players are healthy.

Tigers_eye
October 28, 2009, 09:07 AM
I didn't know the season started. Just looked up the scores. Quality win for Wizards and bad loss for the Mavs. Boston winning at Cleveland was huge. Sending a message type of game. Houston and clippers sucks.

Rommel
October 29, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hawks baby Hawks!!! We did work last night beating the Pacers 120-109. Our defense looked a bit suspect but hopefully that was just first game jitters. Joe, Al, and Josh all had big games and especially Al. He had 24 pts and 16 rebs. Kids a beast!

nycpro96
October 30, 2009, 03:30 PM
Knicks are hopeless as usual. Oh well. At least I'm also a diehard fans of the Cavs. How does the Cavs lose to the raptors?

Rommel
October 30, 2009, 05:20 PM
Knicks are hopeless as usual. Oh well. At least I'm also a diehard fans of the Cavs. How does the Cavs lose to the raptors?

Bandwagoner...

nycpro96
October 30, 2009, 07:53 PM
Bandwagoner...

I've been a diehard Cavs fan since LeBron's sophmore year so :P. I've also been an avid follower of LeBron since his rookie year so there you go. I'm definitely not a bandwagoner.

Rommel
October 30, 2009, 08:03 PM
Ok maybe bandwagoner was a bad choice. But why be a Cavs fan? Do you have any connection with Cleveland or anything? I always find it weird when people are fans of random teams. And btw, Hawks be doin work once again!!!

Rommel
October 30, 2009, 09:05 PM
oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh rahhhhhhhh Hawks win again sons!!!! Man we lookin good!!!! Seems like J-Smoove has finally matured!!! Look out Lakers!

Burgers
October 31, 2009, 04:36 PM
We (Mavericks) took a great win away in LA against the Lakers yesterday, great way to turnaround and silence the critics after our opening loss to the Wizards. Shawn Marion has slotted in perfectly to our running offense and I can't think of a better PG than Jason Kidd to run an offense in this way. Dirk Nowitzki picked up a solid double double while Jason Terry stepped up, and Ron Artest got his first tech foul in only hios 2nd game for the Lakers.

Playing the Clips today in LA again, hopefully we can play in a similar manner and come away with the W!

Akib
October 31, 2009, 04:39 PM
We (Mavericks) took a great win away in LA against the Lakers yesterday, great way to turnaround and silence the critics after our opening loss to the Wizards. Shawn Marion has slotted in perfectly to our running offense and I can't think of a better PG than Jason Kidd to run an offense in this way. Dirk Nowitzki picked up a solid double double while Jason Terry stepped up, and Ron Artest got his first tech foul in only hios 2nd game for the Lakers.

Playing the Clips today in LA again, hopefully we can play in a similar manner and come away with the W!

Good luck with that. We (the raptors) went from beating the Cleveland Lebron's to losing to Memphis something....

Rommel
October 31, 2009, 04:59 PM
Good luck with that. We (the raptors) went from beating the Cleveland Lebron's to losing to Memphis something....

Bosh is gonna be in a Hawks uniform next year.

Dhruvo
October 31, 2009, 05:54 PM
Raptors are like the bangladesh of basketball....

cricman
November 1, 2009, 01:19 AM
0-3 but a star is Born in Gallanari

*Clap for em, Clap For em*

Akib
November 1, 2009, 10:58 AM
Bosh is gonna be in a Hawks uniform next year.

Of course..... Cause he REALLY wants to play in Atlanta, when Nets/Heat/Dallas and a ton of other team will try to get him. Lets not forget Toronto too.

nycpro96
November 1, 2009, 11:09 AM
0-3 but a star is Born in Gallanari

*Clap for em, Clap For em*

:up: Die hard Knicks fan too? Gallanari looks amazing. So does Al this year. Looks like we're becoming some sort of 4th quarter team.

cricman
November 1, 2009, 12:09 PM
:up: Die hard Knicks fan too? Gallanari looks amazing. So does Al this year. Looks like we're becoming some sort of 4th quarter team.

You Said your a Cavs Fan :duck:

Harrington doesn't pass the ball he sucks ... only good when he doesn't shoot 3's

Gallo on the other hand :notworthy:

Brandon Jennings looks like a real player ... We didn't pick him drafted a bust in Hill :(

Will be a real different team next year ... No Harrington, No Duhon, No Nate

This year need Gallo to shoot 30 times a game, he's to unselfish he needs to shoot more

nycpro96
November 1, 2009, 12:12 PM
You Said your a Cavs Fan :duck:

Harrington doesn't pass the ball he sucks ... only good when he doesn't shoot 3's

Gallo on the other hand :notworthy:

Brandon Jennings looks like a real player ... We didn't pick him drafted a bust in Hill :(

Will be a real different team next year ... No Harrington, No Duhon, No Nate

This year need Gallo to shoot 30 times a game, he's to unselfish he needs to shoot more

No. I said I'm a diehard Knicks fan and a Cavs fan. Look at the above posts.

Rommel
November 1, 2009, 01:09 PM
Of course..... Cause he REALLY wants to play in Atlanta, when Nets/Heat/Dallas and a ton of other team will try to get him. Lets not forget Toronto too.

lol dude think about it, he's black. Why the hell would he not wanna come to the ATL. Not only are we an up and coming team with TONS of young talent, we have the best nightlife out of all those cities. A lot of NBA players call the ATL home during the offseason and now that we actually have a good team, ATL is gonna be a popular place to play. Hawks are building a dynasty man and Bosh could be the guy to really put us over the top.

PG-Bibby
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Josh Smith
PF- Al Horford
C- Chris Bosh

We'll make a sign and trade with you guys. Joe for Bosh.

nycpro96
November 1, 2009, 01:14 PM
lol dude think about it, he's black. Why the hell would he not wanna come to the ATL. Not only are we an up and coming team with TONS of young talent, we have the best nightlife out of all those cities. A lot of NBA players call the ATL home during the offseason and now that we actually have a good team, ATL is gonna be a popular place to play. Hawks are building a dynasty man and Bosh could be the guy to really put us over the top.

PG-Bibby
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Josh Smith
PF- Al Horford
C- Chris Bosh

Jamal Crawford used to be my favorite player. Maybe 2nd to LeBron. Maybe not. I was so sad to see him leave NY.:(

Bancan
November 1, 2009, 02:28 PM

PG-Bibby
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Josh Smith
PF- Al Horford
C- Chris Bosh

Atlanta has a better night life than Miami?

If you know where to go, TO has a crazy night life.

zman
November 1, 2009, 03:01 PM
Knicks fan here, although I like the bulls and lakers too, not because I'm a bandwagoner but due to the fact tht I went to school in new york and lived/live in costa mesa/chicago long enough to become a fan. So my order of preference is a)knicks b)bulls c)lakers. Two teams I cannot stand are Spurs and Celtics, although the way Celtics are playing, I can easily see them surpassing LA and emerging as favorites to win it all. I hope n pray Knicks can sign LBJ and some other superstar in the summer of 2010 and become a legit contender. Not too worried about the Bulls, especially after their performance against the Spurs in their season opener. Rose is one of the best PGs in the league and they'll add one more superstar to the roster next summer.

Dhruvo
November 1, 2009, 08:49 PM
Raps lose to magic....

Dhruvo
November 1, 2009, 09:26 PM

PG-Bibby
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Josh Smith
PF- Al Horford
C- Chris Bosh

It would be really sad if bosh actually leaves raptors. If bosh leaves than the raps will be as bad as the leafs.

Bancan
November 1, 2009, 09:41 PM
It would be really sad if bosh actually leaves raptors. If bosh leaves than the raps will be as bad as the leafs.

No. Bosh is most likely going to leave the raps. Ya I dont want to see him leave. But if we play our cards properly we will trade him and get a good deal. And he wont be going to Atlanta, thats for sure.

Dhruvo
November 1, 2009, 09:55 PM
No. Bosh is most likely going to leave the raps. Ya I dont want to see him leave. But if we play our cards properly we will trade him and get a good deal. And he wont be going to Atlanta, thats for sure.
Well tbh he deserves a better team, but seeing him go will be like dejavu for those who saw vince leave.

P.S I just noticed that your avatar is the leafs logo, I should shut up about leafs when you're around lol.

cricman
November 2, 2009, 12:31 AM

PG-Bibby
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Josh Smith
PF- Al Horford
C- Chris Bosh

I heard they closed the Gold Club a few years ago

The Raptors would win in that Trade, Chris bosh is a bum

Joe Johnson & Bargs would be good, real good

lmao with any team winning with Jamal

zman
November 2, 2009, 01:32 AM
I somewhat agree with cricman. Cud never become a Joe Crawford fan even after watchin him playin for the knicks all those years. Sometimes he can be a good scorer but his scoring is still too inconsistent for me and he lacks intensity on the defensive end. On the other hand Joe Johnson's a stud...don't understand y u'd be willing to trade him for Bosh and on top of tht y u'd play Bosh at center? Bosh is a great player but he'd be undersized at tht position particularly against teams lyk the Celts, Cavs and Lakers to name a few. Tht said, Hawks are really fun to watch. They really turned things around last yr or was it the year b4 when they acquired Bibby.

nycpro96
November 2, 2009, 05:14 PM

PG-Bibby
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Josh Smith
PF- Al Horford
C- Chris Bosh

who in the NBA isnt?

Rommel
November 2, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hawks lost to the Lakers last night. Oh well, can't win them all I guess.

Anyways, its not like I want to make that Joe for Bosh trade. The thing is, it is starting to look like Joe might want out of the ATL after this season. He has been telling the media that he is sick of our inconsistency especially on the road and he turned down a pretty hefty long term deal before the season started. So, instead of losing Joe for nothing, I'm hoping we can get some value for him and I feel Bosh is the best fit. We need a true Center to be able to move Al to the 4. Yes, we would be weaker in our back court but we would vastly improve our front court. Smith, Horford and Bosh. Now thats STRONG. And I'm pretty sure raptors fan wouldn't mind Joe :).

Tigers_eye
November 3, 2009, 09:45 AM
Hawks lost to the Lakers last night. Oh well, can't win them all I guess.

Anyways, its not like I want to make that Joe for Bosh trade. The thing is, it is starting to look like Joe might want out of the ATL after this season. He has been telling the media that he is sick of our inconsistency especially on the road and he turned down a pretty hefty long term deal before the season started. So, instead of losing Joe for nothing, I'm hoping we can get some value for him and I feel Bosh is the best fit. We need a true Center to be able to move Al to the 4. Yes, we would be weaker in our back court but we would vastly improve our front court. Smith, Horford and Bosh. Now thats STRONG. And I'm pretty sure raptors fan wouldn't mind Joe :).
I know Joe Johnson. he is a good kid and a leader. Hawks would be a fool to lose him. He does not want the spot light but is ready to do the dirty work day in day out.

As for his contract situation I don't think he is worries about that at all. Have patience. Those things work out eventually. No team can afford him but Hawks with King James in the market.

nycpro96
November 3, 2009, 12:28 PM
So... Knicks win their first of the season. :D

Zeeshan
November 4, 2009, 12:28 AM
Yo guys....what was that whole deal with bat swapping? Was it a charade and a p-r stunt or what?

cricman
November 4, 2009, 01:12 AM
Yo guys....what was that whole deal with bat swapping? Was it a charade and a p-r stunt or what?

It was real, he took his rabies shots and than was condemed by peta for killing an animal.

Ginobli is from argentina so it doesn't surprise me.

Beamer
November 4, 2009, 01:30 PM
It was real, he took his rabies shots and than was condemed by peta for killing an animal.

Ginobli is from argentina so it doesn't surprise me.

Are you serious? I have to You Tube this. Funny !

Faceoff
November 4, 2009, 01:54 PM
What a comeback for Mavs and Nowitzky. Loved it !!

Tigers_eye
November 4, 2009, 02:29 PM
What a comeback for Mavs and Nowitzky. Loved it !!
Why were they in the hole in the first place? At home.

This year with Nowitzky much rested should be a good year for the Mavs. A win at Lakers were more impressive.

Faceoff
November 4, 2009, 02:47 PM
They were saving their energy for the back to back game with the Hornets :)

nycpro96
November 4, 2009, 07:42 PM
Knicks and the Pacers tonight. The Knicks lookin for 2 straight :D

Dhruvo
November 5, 2009, 05:26 PM
Go raptors!!!! We won!

nycpro96
November 6, 2009, 07:34 PM
The King's at the Garden tonight!!! Favorite player v favorite team. Still rootin for my Knicks though.

Rommel
November 6, 2009, 08:05 PM
Hawks off to a solid 4-1 start. Struggling at the Bobcats right now. They always play us really tough. Hopefully we can pull this one out cause Melo is coming to the ATL tomorrow night.

Dhruvo
November 6, 2009, 10:31 PM
Great win for the raps, a lot of three-pointers scored in this game.

nycpro96
November 6, 2009, 10:33 PM
raptors look kind of impressive right now

Farhad
November 7, 2009, 08:36 AM
raptors look kind of impressive right now

They often do, to start off. The crash is about to come...

Rommel
November 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
Hawks crush Melo and the Nuggets 125-100. Man, Crawford is doing GREAT in a Hawks uniform. I don't see any of the problems he had back with the Knicks. Maybe he just had to play on a real team instead of that current joke of a basketball team in NY.

Burgers
November 7, 2009, 11:43 PM
I doubt we'd go after Bosh if we heard he was on the market, we have a class PF in Dirk already.

We've just taken a big win at home over Bosh's Raptors, while Bosh continued his stellar form with another double-double he just didn't have the backup while Nowitzki was on form and we had solid contributions again from Terry, Marion and Josh Howard (great to have him back).

Able to get Ross, Carroll and Beaubois some court time too, so a very successful day.

Midweek game against the Rockets is a big one at home, really need to win that to affirm our stance as real playoff contenders.

Akib
November 8, 2009, 12:26 AM
I doubt we'd go after Bosh if we heard he was on the market, we have a class PF in Dirk already.

We've just taken a big win at home over Bosh's Raptors, while Bosh continued his stellar form with another double-double he just didn't have the backup while Nowitzki was on form and we had solid contributions again from Terry, Marion and Josh Howard (great to have him back).

Able to get Ross, Carroll and Beaubois some court time too, so a very successful day.

Midweek game against the Rockets is a big one at home, really need to win that to affirm our stance as real playoff contenders.

Raptors were quite tired and that probably contributed to the one sided score, though Dallas is still the better team.

nycpro96
November 8, 2009, 09:26 PM
Hawks crush Melo and the Nuggets 125-100. Man, Crawford is doing GREAT in a Hawks uniform. I don't see any of the problems he had back with the Knicks. Maybe he just had to play on a real team instead of that current joke of a basketball team in NY.

Watch it Ro with the trash talk. Idk what your talkin about with Crawford in NY. He was great in NY.

Rommel
November 8, 2009, 10:00 PM
I always heard about him being a ballhog and a bad teammate. I heard he chucked up shots without even looking for his teammates. Now I realize why he did that. He was surrounded by SCRUBS in NY.

cricman
November 8, 2009, 10:18 PM
He's a Chucker he does great in streches and than he wont make a shot and wont pass it to nobody, maybe afterbeing traded from Chi - NY - GS and now to ATL he might understand how to play, When the games are close he'll make Ashraful like errors chcuking up bad shots that'll lead to L's.

We traded him since he's under contract for another 2 years

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKEou4vPHk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKEou4vPHk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm very happy that this is the last year of Harrington and Duhon ... Hopefully Jeffires last year too

We traded chucker for a chucker with a shorter contract.

Gallanari is still a stud, best shooter in the NBA and he's a smart playerhe passes the ball alot we just have abunch of chuckers.

I'm just mad we don't have a 1st round pick so we need to win but we can't cause we suck

Akib
November 8, 2009, 11:49 PM
He's a Chucker he does great in streches and than he wont make a shot and wont pass it to nobody, maybe afterbeing traded from Chi - NY - GS and now to ATL he might understand how to play, When the games are close he'll make Ashraful like errors chcuking up bad shots that'll lead to L's.

We traded him since he's under contract for another 2 years

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKEou4vPHk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425">[/URL][URL="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKEou4vPHk&hl=en&fs=1&"] (http://www.youtube.com/v/DxKEou4vPHk&hl=en&fs=1&)</object>

I'm very happy that this is the last year of Harrington and Duhon ... Hopefully Jeffires last year too

We traded chucker for a chucker with a shorter contract.

Gallanari is still a stud, best shooter in the NBA and he's a smart playerhe passes the ball alot we just have abunch of chuckers.

I'm just mad we don't have a 1st round pick so we need to win but we can't cause we suck

Knicks have some good pieces, but contracts like Curry and Jefferies are killing you. Take those out and you could sign 2 max players (Bosh and Lebron)? Otherwise you won't get one, since theres no-one to play him with.

Lee is decent (not amazing but sitll good). Gallanari has potential. Robinson is ok, though I wouldnt want him as point guard (or is he SG?). And you have a good coach. Otherwise, nothing.

cricman
November 9, 2009, 11:09 PM
So Joe Johnson throwing comments on Crawford already ... 6 games in. I told you so

zman
November 10, 2009, 10:51 AM
Knicks have some good pieces, but contracts like Curry and Jefferies are killing you. Take those out and you could sign 2 max players (Bosh and Lebron)? Otherwise you won't get one, since theres no-one to play him with.

Lee is decent (not amazing but sitll good). Gallanari has potential. Robinson is ok, though I wouldnt want him as point guard (or is he SG?). And you have a good coach. Otherwise, nothing.
and don't forget to add to that list a potential number one pic for next yr, hopefully, if not at least one of the top three picks. I personally don't care about their performance this season. It's a gamble/calculated risk we took and all we need is to develop a few good role players who can complement the two max contract players + number 1 pick.

Edit: Side note-- Lakers are starting to look very good again

nycpro96
November 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
How bout 'em Knicks? I doubt we'll win 15 games this year. This is gonna be a long season. Gallanari is definitely one of the best shooters in the league and this Toney Douglas kid looks pretty good too.

cricman
November 11, 2009, 12:42 AM
Anyway we don't have a #1 pick this year :(

The Team isn't bad: Gallo, Lee, TD23, Jeffries (good on D), Hill, Laundry, Nate and Now Curry is back and in Shape :o:o:o ... (Think Ashraful realizing his potential) were going to win more games now.

I've Always been a Curry fan and now that he's in Shape he's gonna be a Top 3 Center easy, he was a top 3 center but than Zbo came in and he got a bit fat but this new Curry has my hopes up big time ... I wouldn't even want to trade him

It's just that Duhon and Harrington get the majority of the minutes and they suck but there minutes re going to be obsolute very soon aka in a few more losses

nycpro96
November 11, 2009, 10:41 AM
Duhon is a great PG. He just seems tentative sometimes. Harrington's gotta go.

Dhruvo
November 12, 2009, 06:47 PM
Good game yesterday for the raptors, only if we could win like that every game. Did you guys see the air Derozan gets ?

nycpro96
November 12, 2009, 06:49 PM
this toney douglas is nice but the Knicks look really bad this year. :(

Rommel
November 12, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hawks son!!!!!!! 6-2 baby and all of you get to see us beat Boston at the Garden tomorrow night on National TV!!!! Plus, I'm going to the Hawks game on Saturday night against the Hornets. Should be a good one!!

Dhruvo
November 12, 2009, 11:00 PM
Wow I just found this out today, that lebron was a football player o_0

zman
November 13, 2009, 03:05 PM
All the best to the Hawks...hope they crush the Celtics tonite.
Does anyone else get this weird feeling tonite's other showdown on national tv between Lakers n nuggets will culminate in a classic duel between KB24 n Melo!

Rommel
November 13, 2009, 10:40 PM
If ya didn't know, ya now know!!!! Hawks are beasts baby!!!!! We went into the Celtics house and did work yo!!!! Its the Eastern Conference Big 4 now!!!!

nycpro96
November 13, 2009, 10:47 PM
I told ya Crawford is nice. :D

Rommel
November 13, 2009, 10:55 PM
I told ya Crawford is nice. :D

that guy can straight up ball! 6th man of the year? I think YES!!!

Rommel
November 15, 2009, 12:53 PM
I went to the Hawks game last night and it was great. Hawks really put on a show!!!

zman
November 18, 2009, 07:14 PM
I know it's still early but the way they've been playing lately they're starting to look like a legit contender to me.

nycpro96
November 20, 2009, 07:48 PM
that guy can straight up ball! 6th man of the year? I think YES!!!

Inshallah I will pray for him. I think he is my second favorite player still. :D

nycpro96
November 21, 2009, 06:57 PM
Knicks win back to back. Who would thought?

nycpro96
November 22, 2009, 03:20 PM
Knicks on course to beat the Celts. Lets see whats gonna happen

nycpro96
November 22, 2009, 04:27 PM
Most heartbreaking loss I've ever seen. :(

Akib
November 22, 2009, 06:38 PM

Trying being a raptors fans (especially when carter plays......)

nycpro96
November 22, 2009, 07:24 PM
Trying being a raptors fans (especially when carter plays......)

shoulda seen Garnets buzzer beater. As soon i saw Garnett get to the top of the key (2.5 secs left) i went to my room cuz i knew that we lost it. then, 2.5 seconds later, i hear my dad cursing in bangla at KG.

Zeeshan
November 23, 2009, 12:57 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0X-Y7wFRoEU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0X-Y7wFRoEU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

zman
November 23, 2009, 01:27 AM
Yup impossible shot. Saw the shot live. It was one of those games for Kobe, he also made two more near impossible shots, one at the end of 1st quarter with the shot clock winding down, didn't have enough time to grab the ball so he just pushed it with his left hand from just inside the 3 point arc n still made it.

Zeeshan
November 23, 2009, 01:30 AM
I love NBA...but hate the American commentary in other genres as well...so yeah I didn't catch the game live.

zman
November 23, 2009, 01:33 AM
Watchu talkin about? they hve good sense of humor like you ;)

Tigers_eye
November 23, 2009, 10:26 AM
Yup impossible shot. ...
??? I (yes, I) made that shot several times not on a game but we always try trick plays at warmups. Obviously that is not an impossible shot. A little bit of arc and imagination can do wonders. These are NBA professionals. I bet 90% of the guards can make that shot game time. When you have seen Michael at his peak, no shot is impossible.

cricman
November 23, 2009, 11:25 AM

you just showed you age

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/bRFKhpMKX0E&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/CzUv5_YFhPI&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/YtPaMgyz4ec&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/bLuYkPum8As&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/BV3AWNecWHc&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/YM2aqYePH2Y&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/mEWtEzaVH8s&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Brought a youngin into tears , these imposters ... i just laughed had a foul to give supposed to foul pierce these idiots don't. I was like :-D Danphony.

I hate this team AL I don't pass the ball Harrington, David I odn;t play Defense Lee, that Idiot Nate Robinson, Larry I shoot Bricks Hughes, Mike I dont know how to coach D"antoni, and Donnie I'm collecting Social Security Checks Walsh

zman
November 23, 2009, 03:47 PM
??? I (yes, I) made that shot several times not on a game but we always try trick plays at warmups. Obviously that is not an impossible shot. A little bit of arc and imagination can do wonders. These are NBA professionals. I bet 90% of the guards can make that shot game time. When you have seen Michael at his peak, no shot is impossible.
You must be really good then T_E bhai. I've also made that shot several times but only while playing horse and if I had to quantify the success rate it'd probably fall between 10-20%. But come'n T_E bhai being able to make that shot in an NBA game while being constantly double teamed and defended by top class defenders! he deserves credit for that :)

nycpro96
November 30, 2009, 05:48 PM
you just showed you age

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/bRFKhpMKX0E&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/CzUv5_YFhPI&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/YtPaMgyz4ec&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/bLuYkPum8As&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/BV3AWNecWHc&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/YM2aqYePH2Y&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/mEWtEzaVH8s&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Brought a youngin into tears , these imposters ... i just laughed had a foul to give supposed to foul pierce these idiots don't. I was like :-D Danphony.

I hate this team AL I don't pass the ball Harrington, David I odn;t play Defense Lee, that Idiot Nate Robinson, Larry I shoot Bricks Hughes, Mike I dont know how to coach D"antoni, and Donnie I'm collecting Social Security Checks Walsh

The team has shown signs of improvements but w/o numbers in the wins column, we're goin nowhere. That game really was heartbreaking. And I'm 13 so it was the biggest heartbreaker of my time :D.

Rommel
November 30, 2009, 06:00 PM
The team has shown signs of improvements but w/o numbers in the wins column, we're goin nowhere. That game really was heartbreaking. And I'm 13 so it was the biggest heartbreaker of my time :D.

Knick fans, don't lose hope! I have two words for you: Lebron James. Go get him this offseason and all your troubles will be gone! Maybe.

Anyways, the Hawks have cooled down just a tad. Most of this is due to the current shooting funk that we are in, but I'm confident this will pass soon.

Rommel
December 2, 2009, 09:42 PM
where them raptors fans be at? 146-115!!!!!!!!

nycpro96
December 3, 2009, 09:40 PM
AI back in Philly. Lets see how this gon be!!!!!!!!!!!

cricman
December 4, 2009, 09:53 PM
Knickabockers Son!

Hawks should be ashamed letting chris duhon style on you guys

nycpro96
December 4, 2009, 10:07 PM
Knickabockers Son!

Hawks should be ashamed letting chris duhon style on you guys

Right on. But I'm kinda sad to see Nate sidelined like this.

Rommel
December 4, 2009, 11:54 PM
Man, we need to get our act together. Losing at home to the Knicks?? What the hell...oh well, still a long season. We better put on a good show on National TV against the Bulls.

Dhruvo
December 6, 2009, 12:04 PM
Chicago got pwned yesterday. If only we could play like that more often. DeRozan is starting to get the hang of nba now, that dunk yesterday was awesome.

nycpro96
December 7, 2009, 05:48 PM
2 straight homie. :D Lookin to beat the Blazers tonight.

nycpro96
December 8, 2009, 03:43 PM
3 straight. Lookin for more...

Dhruvo
December 8, 2009, 06:40 PM
Raps up against Minnesota today, we should be able win it.

cricman
December 12, 2009, 09:00 PM
Coach Pringles is Coaching!

4 in a Row, Playing Team Ball Trying not to get over confident but we should win our 5 games the way were playing.

nycpro96
December 13, 2009, 05:52 PM
4 straight and counting!

Rommel
December 13, 2009, 08:07 PM
How bout them hawks??? 17-6 bitchesssssssssssss

Tigers_eye
December 14, 2009, 02:16 PM
East vs West which conference is stronger?

(is there any doubt?)

nycpro96
December 14, 2009, 05:28 PM
East vs West which conference is stronger?

(is there any doubt?)

In the past its always been West (i should say recent past) but nowadays I think that East is stronger with the likes of the Cavs, Orlando, Boston, and NY :D compared to the Lakers, Denver, Dallas and Phoenix

Tigers_eye
December 14, 2009, 09:56 PM
In the past its always been West (i should say recent past) but nowadays I think that East is stronger with the likes of the Cavs, Orlando, Boston, and NY :D compared to the Lakers, Denver, Dallas and Phoenix
It is still West because of New Jersey, Washington, Philly, Charlotte, New York.

Oklahoma city (#9) in the west would be a #5 seed in East. That is how weak East is.

nycpro96
December 15, 2009, 05:19 PM
But the top of the East is strong.

Rommel
December 15, 2009, 06:30 PM

What the hell man?? What do the Hawks have to do to earn some respect from people like you? Jeeze.

nycpro96
December 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
What the hell man?? What do the Hawks have to do to earn some respect from people like you? Jeeze.

My bad. Forgot about 'em Hawks.

cricman
December 15, 2009, 09:57 PM

Your good but not elite, the only elite team ATL matches up very well against is Boston. So in the 2nd ROund if you play Boston, you have good chance of making it into the conference finals. But Orlando & Cavs are better than you guys. Mike Bibby is old now, I remember when he was the one man show vs the Lakers but he's slow and he can't shoot anymore.

He matches up well vs Rondo, because it only takes a smart player to take advantage of Rondo and he was always smart.

Mike Woodson is not a good coach

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Idiots lost, choked a game a vs the Bobcats ... Coach Pringles shows me if I wanted to I could become an NBA coach

nycpro96
December 16, 2009, 03:50 PM
Knicks lost :hairpull: Shoulda coulda woulda games

Rommel
December 16, 2009, 05:15 PM
I will admit, Bibby is nowhere near his former self. This is why I feel that Teague will be starting next season. When that kid has gotten playing time this season, he has really performed.

nycpro96
December 17, 2009, 06:19 PM
Knicks trying to bounce back tonite against the Bulls.

nycpro96
December 21, 2009, 07:54 PM
Knicks with another 2 straight. Missin Nate tho.

nycpro96
December 22, 2009, 06:02 PM
Cricman bhai koy? Knicks tho bhalo kheltese. Huntin for another win tonight against the Bulls at the Garden. Hope Nate gets to play.

cricman
December 22, 2009, 06:17 PM
Nate is gone, were winning w/o him.

Bulls blew a 35pt lead, we should blow em out on the 2nd half of a back to back

Theres Good Knicks: Gallo, Wilson, Lee, Bender, Douglas

Theres Bad Knicks: Harrington, Duhon, Hughes, Curry, Nate

When the good knicks have the touch the ball we win more, when they don't we lose. We should have a 8 game win streak, but Harrington and Duhon decided to blow away the games vs Chi and Cha.

We avenged the Cha Loss, now on to the bulls.

nycpro96
December 22, 2009, 06:33 PM
Nate is gone, were winning w/o him.

Bulls blew a 35pt lead, we should blow em out on the 2nd half of a back to back

Theres Good Knicks: Gallo, Wilson, Lee, Bender, Douglas

Theres Bad Knicks: Harrington, Duhon, Hughes, Curry, Nate

When the good knicks have the touch the ball we win more, when they don't we lose. We should have a 8 game win streak, but Harrington and Duhon decided to blow away the games vs Chi and Cha.

We avenged the Cha Loss, now on to the bulls.

I actually like Duhon. He is a vital player in order for our team to get some wins. How could you not be a little depressed about Nate's almost departure from NY?

Rommel
December 22, 2009, 07:46 PM
Knicks suck. 10-17.

Tigers_eye
December 22, 2009, 08:24 PM
Had Duhun was the real Duhun, he would have been compared to Isiah or Stockton. He was that good in College. Then the motor bike accident. So unfortunate.

cricman
December 22, 2009, 08:28 PM
Had Duhun was the real Duhun, he would have been compared to Isiah or Stockton. He was that good in College. Then the motor bike accident. So unfortunate.

No that was Jay Williams, that man was beast for Duke. He would go on 25-0 Runs by Himself.

Knicks suck. 10-17.

We would beat the Hawks in Best of 7, the game you guys won was one that we gift wrapped to you

nycpro96
December 22, 2009, 10:00 PM
We would beat the Hawks in Best of 7, the game you guys won was one that we gift wrapped to you

I definitely agree. Hawks can be .600 but the Knicks will outbattle them if they met in the playoffs. The way its lookin now, playoffs kinda seem inevitable for the Knicks. And another 3 straight victories. Things are lookin good.

Rommel
December 22, 2009, 10:06 PM
I definitely agree. Hawks can be .600 but the Knicks will outbattle them if they met in the playoffs. The way its lookin now, playoffs kinda seem inevitable for the Knicks. And another 3 straight victories. Things are lookin good.

Seriously? If you guys are so good, then why the 17 losses? Oh yeah, yall suck. Yall are just lucky that you're in the East. 12-17 is sorry. Period.

nycpro96
December 23, 2009, 03:54 PM
Seriously? If you guys are so good, then why the 17 losses? Oh yeah, yall suck. Yall are just lucky that you're in the East. 12-17 is sorry. Period.

Lets blame that on the 1-9 start. But, I really believe that we can beat you guys in a 7 game series.

Rommel
December 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
Lets blame that on the 1-9 start. But, I really believe that we can beat you guys in a 7 game series.

Why? Do you think you guys match up well with us or something? The only players I am worried about with yall is Gallani (sp) and David Lee. Other than that, you guys should be no trouble at all.

nycpro96
December 24, 2009, 03:23 PM
Why? Do you think you guys match up well with us or something? The only players I am worried about with yall is Gallani (sp) and David Lee. Other than that, you guys should be no trouble at all.

Lets see:
Duhon-Bibby (NYK)
Hughes/Douglas-Johnson/Crawford (ATL)
Gallinari/Harrington-Williams (NYK)
Jeffries/Bender-Smith (ATL)
Lee-Horford (NYK)

We win 3 matchups. I think we have the upper hand.

Rommel
December 24, 2009, 05:37 PM
Lets see:
Duhon-Bibby (NYK)
Hughes/Douglas-Johnson/Crawford (ATL)
Gallinari/Harrington-Williams (NYK)
Jeffries/Bender-Smith (ATL)
Lee-Horford (NYK)

We win 3 matchups. I think we have the upper hand.

That matchup is in favor of the Hawks my man. Now yes, Bibby is old and is on the decline, but still, Bibby and Duhon's stats are almost identical. And you can't forget the experience factor. Bibbs has performed in the playoffs and has a wealth of experience. He brings veteran leadership that your man Duhon cannot provide. When the game is going down to the wire, you want at PG that is experienced and is not afraid to take that big shot or make that big pass. Bibby has done that many many many times in his career while Duhon has not. Thus, Bibby is the better player.

So actually, we win 3 matchups, and we have the far superior bench. You guys would put up a good fight, but I don't see any way how you can beat us in Atlanta during the playoffs. If Miami and Boston couldn't win in ATL, then what makes you think you guys could? Miami and Boston were actually good teams with winning records while you guys are getting into the playoffs only cause the East is weak. Go get Lebron and then talk to me.

And a 1-9 start is pretty freaking pathetic for a "contender". What happened guys?

nycpro96
December 24, 2009, 06:24 PM
That matchup is in favor of the Hawks my man. Now yes, Bibby is old and is on the decline, but still, Bibby and Duhon's stats are almost identical. And you can't forget the experience factor. Bibbs has performed in the playoffs and has a wealth of experience. He brings veteran leadership that your man Duhon cannot provide. When the game is going down to the wire, you want at PG that is experienced and is not afraid to take that big shot or make that big pass. Bibby has done that many many many times in his career while Duhon has not. Thus, Bibby is the better player.

So actually, we win 3 matchups, and we have the far superior bench. You guys would put up a good fight, but I don't see any way how you can beat us in Atlanta during the playoffs. If Miami and Boston couldn't win in ATL, then what makes you think you guys could? Miami and Boston were actually good teams with winning records while you guys are getting into the playoffs only cause the East is weak. Go get Lebron and then talk to me.

And a 1-9 start is pretty freaking pathetic for a "contender". What happened guys?

Whatever. None of these teams are gonna get close to the champion rings so whatever.

cricman
December 24, 2009, 08:15 PM
Go get Lebron and then talk to me.

Season Started a Month latter for us, we tried to run the SSOL ... we didn't have the players. Changed our style.

Once We get JJ is in a NYK uni, I'll talk to you & Next Time You have the Chance to Draft CP3 or D-Will and you draft Marvin Williams :floor:

Rommel
December 24, 2009, 08:40 PM
Season Started a Month latter for us, we tried to run the SSOL ... we didn't have the players. Changed our style.

Once We get JJ is in a NYK uni, I'll talk to you & Next Time You have the Chance to Draft CP3 or D-Will and you draft Marvin Williams :floor:

uggggggggghhhh dont remind me man. Billy Knight was an idiot. I mean, Marvin is a solid NBA starter, but he will never ever be on the level of CP3 or D-Will or Brandon Roy.

Rommel
December 24, 2009, 08:43 PM
Whatever. None of these teams are gonna get close to the champion rings so whatever.

Hawks will get to the Conference Finals.

Zeeshan
December 24, 2009, 08:47 PM
I only follow Lakers game. 'Cuz as we all know at the end of the day in the final's it's gonna be us versus some pansy team. Yup.... L'etat c'est moi. Literally.

Zeeshan
December 25, 2009, 02:34 AM
Let's go Lakers. Black Mamba vs. Chosen One.

nycpro96
December 25, 2009, 10:51 AM
Let's go Lakers. Black Mamba vs. Chosen One.

Definitely The Chosen One

nycpro96
December 25, 2009, 02:44 PM
Knicks lost :(

Rommel
December 25, 2009, 03:38 PM
Knicks lost :(

what a surprise.

Zeeshan
December 25, 2009, 05:31 PM
what a surprise.

lol

cricman
December 25, 2009, 07:59 PM
lol

cause throwing foam fingers is whats hot in 2009?

nycpro96
December 25, 2009, 08:27 PM
cause throwing foam fingers is whats hot in 2009?

:floor:That was so funny. My dad was just like, it happens in America too. :floor:

Zeeshan
December 26, 2009, 12:41 AM
no but cheater referees who give foul out of their axx is... :-|

cricman
December 26, 2009, 12:54 AM
no but cheater referees who give foul out of their axx is... :-|

Thats why we lost too, Referees were on there Ashoka today

nycpro96
December 31, 2009, 03:05 PM
Fantastic. We lost to the NJ Nets. We made the Nets look like the Cavs yesterday. Terrible game. I think we can come back against the Hawks in ATL though.

Rommel
December 31, 2009, 07:20 PM
Fantastic. We lost to the NJ Nets. We made the Nets look like the Cavs yesterday. Terrible game. I think we can come back against the Hawks in ATL though.

nah man, the Hawks are gonna be hungry after that TERRIBLE job by the refs last night. It seems like the rules don't apply to the James gang. We are protesting the game. On one of our crucial possessions late in the game, the shot clock didn't even reset for us. What a joke! Of course Lebron is just running around and dancing like a little kid. The guy has no class. He will never be like MJ. Someone needs to send him a message the next time he goes off like a 10 year old. too bad Shaq is on his team or else Bron Bron might have lost a tooth by now.

nycpro96
January 1, 2010, 06:08 PM
Damn. Gonna miss Knicks and da Hawks tonight. Hope to come back home watching Rommel's comments in this thread bout how the refs kept givin Knicks calls and how Gallo was too good and stuff. Lol :lol: jk Hope its a good game.

Rommel
January 1, 2010, 07:37 PM
Damn. Gonna miss Knicks and da Hawks tonight. Hope to come back home watching Rommel's comments in this thread bout how the refs kept givin Knicks calls and how Gallo was too good and stuff. Lol :lol: jk Hope its a good game.

hahaha man I actually like the Knicks and hope they do well this season (just not against us lol). That being said, I think the game will be pretty close tonight. I say Hawks win 108-97.

cricman
January 1, 2010, 09:59 PM
Lil Nate came back from the Boondocks and dropped the Hammer on the Hawks!

Dominique was going Crazy!

Rommel
January 1, 2010, 10:12 PM
Good game Knicks. No more trash talk from me about you guys. You guys really earned my respect tonight.

nycpro96
January 2, 2010, 01:11 AM
KRYPTONATE! All i gotta say.

Rizvi
January 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
Wow...What a way to come back!! I love the guy and his free spirited ways...Welcome back!!

nycpro96
January 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
Greatest comeback of my time.

Rommel
January 2, 2010, 05:54 PM
He reminds me of a more athletic Jamal Crawford.

nycpro96
January 2, 2010, 06:56 PM

Noooooooooooooo. VERY DIFFERENT PLAYERS. Believe me. I've been a huge Crawford fan for years. Robinson and Crawford are not similar players.

cricman
January 2, 2010, 07:22 PM

You can have him too for the right price

nycpro96
January 3, 2010, 08:18 PM
43 point victory! What!

Dhruvo
January 6, 2010, 08:42 PM
Raptors are awesome this season, 5 game winning streak, win against spurs and now a 13 point lead against orlando. We should be able to win the game if we play like we have been so far.

nycpro96
January 7, 2010, 04:55 PM
Playing against the Bobcats again. Should wrap this one up.

Dhruvo
January 7, 2010, 07:11 PM
That game against orlando was closer than it should have been, but we did manage to keep the lead until the end.

nycpro96
January 8, 2010, 03:47 PM
Gallo seals it once again.

cricman
January 8, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ro watch this the Greatest of All Time Teaching Josh Smith

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqny1IUa2Wc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqny1IUa2Wc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rommel
January 8, 2010, 06:44 PM
^^^^^^

Thanks for the vid. Josh Smith can always improve his post moves and who better to learn from than Hakeem? Those kids at the gym were lucky!

nycpro96
January 9, 2010, 12:38 PM
Today's game is going to be a test. Playing the Rockets.

Rommel
January 9, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hawks own the Celtics!!!

Zeeshan
January 10, 2010, 05:47 PM
What's up with J.R.Smith? Even BD players concentrate more on balls than him.

nycpro96
January 12, 2010, 04:27 PM
What's up with J.R.Smith? Even BD players concentrate more on balls than him.

:lol:
Thunder played real well last night

Rommel
January 12, 2010, 05:18 PM
Thunder played real well last night

and Knicks players are blaming the loss on a haunted hotel. What else do you expect from a team like the Knicks?

nycpro96
January 14, 2010, 04:41 PM
and Knicks players are blaming the loss on a haunted hotel. What else do you expect from a team like the Knicks?

when did they blame it on a haunted hotel? they said that the hotel gave them the creeps. they never said thats why we lost.

Rommel
January 15, 2010, 10:51 PM
JAMAL CRAWFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a game!

nycpro96
January 16, 2010, 10:19 AM
JAMAL CRAWFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a game!

I still love the man.

Dhruvo
January 16, 2010, 12:33 PM
Kind of disappointed at our win yesterday, we did so well to keep a big lead in the first half but then we screwed up, still managed to win though. Good game.

Bancan
January 16, 2010, 12:55 PM
Kind of disappointed at our win yesterday, we did so well to keep a big lead in the first half but then we screwed up, still managed to win though. Good game.

And thats new for the raps?

nycpro96
January 16, 2010, 01:24 PM

We coulda had you too. Except for the fact that your touch yesterday had some magic stuff in it. You guys couldn't miss.:hairpull:

Dhruvo
January 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
And thats new for the raps?
Well no, but seeing them play so well I thought we would win by a huge margin.

We are just too good for dallas, 110-88 in favor of raps. Pretty much everyone had a good day today for the raps.

nycpro96
January 18, 2010, 03:49 PM
Another Nate performance. Knicks roll past Detroit.

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2010, 10:12 AM
The Balance of power was never been shifted to east. Mostly weak teams (below .500).

Can Memphis make the playoffs and create history?

Rommel
January 24, 2010, 06:19 PM
Looks like the Knicks aren't gonna make the playoffs. they don't have what it takes IMO. Man, I hope the Hawks can win the SE Division this year. Barely ahead of Orlando currently, but unless Dwight steps his game up, I think the Hawks can pull it off. Winning the division would be a great morale booster and solidify our claims of a big FOUR in the East.

nycpro96
January 24, 2010, 07:26 PM
Looks like the Knicks aren't gonna make the playoffs. they don't have what it takes IMO. Man, I hope the Hawks can win the SE Division this year. Barely ahead of Orlando currently, but unless Dwight steps his game up, I think the Hawks can pull it off. Winning the division would be a great morale booster and solidify our claims of a big FOUR in the East.

Hawks are gonna stay 4th in the east anyway. Its been like that since the beginnning of the season. Though I really doubt you can inch ahead of the Magic. The Knicks...no comment after todays game. We still have the integrity but...

Dhruvo
January 24, 2010, 07:33 PM
:hairpull: Raptors getting owned by the lakers lol

Bancan
January 24, 2010, 08:28 PM
:hairpull: Raptors getting owned by the lakers lol

What's up? :D

Dhruvo
January 24, 2010, 08:29 PM
What's up? :D
Oh My God! we won by 1 point! Turkoglu is awesome man.

Dhruvo
January 28, 2010, 03:53 PM
Killed heat yesterday, we should win this one against NY today but it might be a bit harder this time since we're playing this one right after yesterdays game against miami and plus we're the away team, but I think we can pull it off.

Tigers_eye
January 28, 2010, 04:13 PM
Mavs should take out the Lakers. That is all I ask. If Stodemire goes to Spurs, then just give the title to them and lets move to the next season please.

nycpro96
January 28, 2010, 05:24 PM
Killed heat yesterday, we should win this one against NY today but it might be a bit harder this time since we're playing this one right after yesterdays game against miami and plus we're the away team, but I think we can pull it off.

Knicks are gonna win tonight.

Dhruvo
January 28, 2010, 08:11 PM
You guys are doing good, but still 3 more quarters left so its too early to come up with conclusions.

Bancan
January 28, 2010, 10:08 PM

Hey there.:wave:

Dhruvo
January 28, 2010, 10:10 PM
Hey nyc bro, where are you ? :-p
Good game, very close one. I have to say, knicks gave a fight, but just lost it after the 1st quarter. In the end the better team won ;).
Hey there.:wave:

Hows it going bancan bro ?

Bancan
January 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hey nyc bro, where are you ? :-p
Good game, very close one. I have to say, knicks gave a fight, but just lost it after the 1st quarter. In the end the better team won ;).

Hows it going bancan bro ?

Everything is going ok. Lol Dhrubo enjoy this raptors run while it lasts. The raptors being a Toronto team, will find a way to disappoint.

Dhruvo
January 28, 2010, 10:24 PM
Everything is going ok. Lol Dhrubo enjoy this raptors run while it lasts. The raptors being a Toronto team, will find a way to disappoint.
Yeah, trying to savor every win :) We should make the play offs though, I dont expect more from them.

nycpro96
January 29, 2010, 04:03 PM
Good game by the Raps. A game we should've wrapped up a long time ago. BUT DAVID LEE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS! Are you like fu**in joking? Al Horford gets in but not Lee. WTF is that about. Are we bein punk'd or something? AL HORFORD? You gotta be kiddin me.

Rommel
January 29, 2010, 06:15 PM
Good game by the Raps. A game we should've wrapped up a long time ago. BUT DAVID LEE NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS! Are you like fu**in joking? Al Horford gets in but not Lee. WTF is that about. Are we bein punk'd or something? AL HORFORD? You gotta be kiddin me.

Al Horford is a double double player on one of the best teams in the NBA while David Lee is a double double player on a mediocre at best team. Al plays with more talent and thus, is not required to put up the stats that Lee puts up. 14 and 10 is pretty solid for a guy who doesn't touch the ball nearly as many times as your boy Lee. Lee is a very good player and I do wish he made the all star team, but I do not see any reason for Horford to be kicked out. If you want someone to get the boot to make room for Lee, then talk about Kevin Garnett not Al Horford.

Rommel
January 29, 2010, 11:20 PM
Hawks have officially put their stamp on the Eastern Conference. We absolutely OWN the Celtics. I wish we could play them 82 times a year!

FagunerAgun
January 31, 2010, 11:59 AM
Go Raptors Go.

nycpro96
February 9, 2010, 06:38 PM
I think I've lost just about all hope on the knicks. Hope they can make February and March very much like December. Anyways... All Star Weekend coming up. I think Krypto-Nate's gonna take it home again and I hope Gallo wins the 3 Point Shootout. Eastern All-Stars have a better lineup imo. Lets see what happens.

nycpro96
February 12, 2010, 04:08 PM
David Lee's an All-Star!

Dhruvo
February 12, 2010, 09:58 PM
Demar FTW!

nycpro96
February 12, 2010, 10:07 PM
Demar FTW!

Hells ya

Bancan
February 13, 2010, 10:58 PM
so the dunk contested is rigged as ****. derozan just got robbed

cricman
February 13, 2010, 11:05 PM

They all sucked

Nate just sucked the least

cricman
February 13, 2010, 11:07 PM
This guy won the D-League Contest .. Hopefully he finds a team next year

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2Cg7w_8kkU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2Cg7w_8kkU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dhruvo
February 13, 2010, 11:07 PM
Agree, Demar had the best dunks overall, he did however screw up on the last one...But DD should have won. The dunk contest was boring as hell.

Bancan
February 13, 2010, 11:15 PM
They all sucked

Nate just sucked the least

You kidding me? Derozan sucked the least....Nate was horrible.

cricman
February 13, 2010, 11:25 PM
All Derzon should have done is save his 50 dunk for the final but he didn't ... He did a Dunk Nate did last Year but was worse and than a Standard Tomahawk dunk

Nates Last Dunk topped Demar's other final 2 dunks

Derozan having the Nerve talking bout He can Beat Vince Carter.

Dhruvo
February 13, 2010, 11:42 PM
All Derzon should have done is save his 50 dunk for the final but he didn't ... He did a Dunk Nate did last Year but was worse and than a Standard Tomahawk dunk

Nates Last Dunk topped Demar's other final 2 dunks

Derozan having the Nerve talking bout He can Beat Vince Carter.
Nah Demar can't beat Vince at dunking, not the vince of 2000 at least.

Sohel
February 13, 2010, 11:59 PM
Warriors ATW!

cricman
February 14, 2010, 02:29 PM
Fire Steve Kerr

GM's that fraternize w/ each other and do each other favors are despicable

Dhruvo
February 14, 2010, 11:36 PM
What an all-star game so far.

Dhruvo
February 14, 2010, 11:38 PM
East wins it. Wade should be MVP, but bosh won it for East with the free throws.

nycpro96
February 18, 2010, 02:49 PM
T-Mac to the garden. FTW!

nycpro96
February 20, 2010, 11:35 PM
T-Mac is back! Nothing more need be said. :D

Rommel
February 21, 2010, 01:08 PM
T-Mac is back! Nothing more need be said. :D

Except that yall are 16 under .500 and have no shot at the playoffs.

nycpro96
February 21, 2010, 02:14 PM
Except that yall are 16 under .500 and have no shot at the playoffs.

True. But we gon dominate the league next year so a little sacrifice is nothing compared to what the league is gonna see outta the NY franchise next year.:D

Rommel
February 21, 2010, 04:50 PM
True. But we gon dominate the league next year so a little sacrifice is nothing compared to what the league is gonna see outta the NY franchise next year.:D

only if you get Lebron.

nycpro96
February 22, 2010, 06:53 PM
only if you get Lebron.

Lebron + D-Wade/A'mare/Bosh (Personally I'd pick A'mare or D-Wade. Nothing negative towards Bosh but he's just such a boring player. 2nd to Tim Duncan of course :D) + (Ext to T-Mac)

Can you Imagine?

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2010, 10:37 AM
NY'er ki hoilo? Nets and Knicks are keeping pace with each other. 2-18 (1-9 each).

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
Lebron + D-Wade/A'mare/Bosh (Personally I'd pick A'mare or D-Wade. Nothing negative towards Bosh but he's just such a boring player. 2nd to Tim Duncan of course :D) + (Ext to T-Mac)

Can you Imagine?
This that type of lineup I suspect the bench would be garbage. Yes they will contend but lose in the playoffs. One (Amare) in foul trouble and the ship will sink.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2010, 08:01 PM
Durant's 25 or more points streak ended @ Spurs. Manu blocked a run away dunk. He had 21 missing all four shots in the forth quarter. He had 29 games in a row scoring that and more before this one.

Longest since Michael had 40 in a row, HHS.

nycpro96
February 27, 2010, 10:41 AM
Win after 23 days. WHAT WHAT!

Dhruvo
February 27, 2010, 12:05 PM
We suck without bosh. Good to see Turkoglu doing well though, we need him to perform.

Zeeshan
March 7, 2010, 11:34 PM
Who else likes Artest's new hairstyle?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100307/capt.5412201579284119aa93fe125f609f66.lakers_magic _basketball_doa110.jpg

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2010, 04:54 PM
^ Next day he shaved.

I watched the Lakers vs Magic game. Gasol is the key for Lakers if they want to win it again. However, this season he is tired because of the off season he played for Spain. Bynum is not what I thought he would become. He should be dominating the league like Howard or Stodmire. 0-3 for lakers in the last 3 road trips.

Magic was good. They played great defense. Although during the last few minutes Kobe, Odom, Fisher had crucial baskets but at home they did hold up their own. haven't seen Cavs this season.

This thread is actually calling faceoff. 12 in a row baby.

nycpro96
March 9, 2010, 07:54 PM
Cavs FTW in the playoffs this year. I am predicting that the finals matchup is going to be Cavs vs Nuggets. Should be a fun postseason.

Rommel
March 14, 2010, 04:34 PM
Hawks cementing their place as a top 3 team in the East and a top 5 team in the whole NBA.

Dhruvo
March 14, 2010, 04:51 PM
New enemy for the raptors: The 3rd quarter. We are absolutely atrocious defensively during the 3rd quarter. I guess the curse on the Toronto sports teams caught up to us once again.

Dhruvo
March 18, 2010, 02:32 PM
We finally bring an end to this horrible losing streak, atlanta lost by 1 point!

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2010, 01:57 PM
Denver losing the plot at the very end. Tied with Utah now. I like what I see in the west. Blazers will give a hard time to the Lakers. East: Hotlanta is still not there. They needed pull the trigger on that Cav center. No way they go by Orlando now in a seven game series. Next year JJ will leave or atlest be a free agent.

Faceoff
March 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
Mavs gonna win it all brotha. Roddy B is gonna be a star in this league soon.

Dhruvo
March 31, 2010, 09:52 PM
Yay! we won today. We're playing Philadelphia next, should be easy but you never know!

Tigers_eye
April 1, 2010, 12:56 PM
Mavs gonna win it all brotha. Roddy B is gonna be a star in this league soon.
Since his magical 40 he kinda cooled off. Why?

Mavs are running under the radar this year. All eyes on Lakers on how they fall. I hope San Antanio some how gets the seven spot and Blazers face Lakers. I think Blazers are 3-1 against the Lakers in regular season.

East's #5 team wouldn't make the playoffs in the west. Joke or what?

Rommel
April 2, 2010, 10:24 PM
Well I say we had a pretty solid 2 games against the 2 best teams in the NBA. Dominated the Lakers and put up a great fight against the Cavs at their place. Hawks are definitely on the rise and I can see us beating Orlando in a 7 game series.

Tigers_eye
April 6, 2010, 02:16 PM
The playoff battle is heating up. The west have her 8 teams already booked for the playoffs. Now the question is who plays who. I guess that be decided in the last game of the season.

East first four are good. The rest are all jokers. They wouldn't make it to the playoffs even if they were in the west. Cavs are the best team, no doubt. MVP should go to King James.

Did anyone hear James commenting on scoring titles? He is starting to speak like MJ. Fasten your seatbelts.

Tigers_eye
April 12, 2010, 10:27 AM
lolz. Toronto is out of the playoffs. What a choke job down the final turn. 3-7 in last 10 games. 2 more left and 1 game behind Chicago.

East is really a joke (1st round). The bottom four will not even make the playoffs had they were in the west. All first round matchups will be over before even it starts. East's playoff will start from the second round.

West on the other hand are still trying to decide on playoff matchups. I so much want the blazers to be the #8 team and face Lakers. Spurs against Dallas. Durant vs Melo, Nash vs Sloan.

zman
April 12, 2010, 07:47 PM
Raptors aren't out yet...they can still make the playoffs if they win both games against Detroit and New york and the Bulls lose one of two against Boston :( and Charlotte, or if the Raptors win one of two and the Bulls lose both games; Raptors lead the head to head tie breaker.

nycpro96
April 12, 2010, 09:04 PM
Watch the Knicks just destroy the Raptors. Personally, I would love to see Chicago at the number 8 spot. Chicago would be much more competitive in the playoffs. Raptors would get swept by Lebron and Co.

Dhruvo
April 12, 2010, 09:07 PM
Watch the Knicks just destroy the Raptors. Personally, I would love to see Chicago at the number 8 spot. Chicago would be much more competitive in the playoffs. Raptors would get swept by Lebron and Co.
In normal circumstances I would disagree with this, but with bosh, antoine and weems out, chances are we will lose.

nycpro96
April 13, 2010, 06:54 PM
Chicago and Boston. Gonna be a fun one.

Dhruvo
April 13, 2010, 10:30 PM
Its all over for us now, screwed up after the all star break and just when we got it going again, it was raining injuries. We need to get rid of Turkoglu ASAP.

zman
April 14, 2010, 12:14 AM
If Raptors somehow manage to edge out Chicago to make the playoffs it'll ruin a potential memorable 1st round series between Bulls and Cavs. Unfortunately it ain't over yet, the way Charlotte's been playing lately it'll be tough for the Bulls to beat them at home in the second game of a back to back, while a loss to Charlotte coupled with a win by Raptors over the Knicks will send Chicago packing early.

Tigers_eye
April 14, 2010, 08:35 AM
Miami is the hottest team in the NBA. Followed by Phoenix, Orlando and Portland. Well Lakers, Cavs have shut down there games and just going through the motions to get healthy.

Denver falling apart. Before the last game they were #3 seed now #5 and lost home court. wow!!

nycpro96
April 14, 2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, Denver seems to have really lost it. Lebron really should've played the last couple of games and gotten that PPG to 30. Then he woulda been on the 30,8,8 list with Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan. Not that Lebron won't make it some other year but it was very possible, if not inevitable if he played the last couple of games.

Tigers_eye
April 15, 2010, 12:11 PM
Durant gets the scoring title. Youngest ever.

Matchups:
East:
Cavs vs Bulls: 4-1
Magic vs Bobcats: 4-0
Hawks vs Bucks: 4-1
Celtics vs Heat: 4-2

West:
Lakers vs Thunders: 4-1
Mavs vs Spurs: 4-2
Suns vs Blazers: 4-1
Nuggests vs Jazzs: 4-3

nycpro96
April 15, 2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think the Heat should be taken lightly. When D-Wade has his a-game, they can be tough. I also think the Heat are the hottest team in the NBA right now.

zman
April 15, 2010, 07:22 PM

Matchups:
East:
Magic vs Bobcats: 4-0 (4-2)
Hawks vs Bucks: 4-1 (4-0)
Celtics vs Heat: 4-2 (4-3)

West:
A lot of similarities between my predictions and yours, in particular the projected winner in each series. Here's where I differ though-- Given Celtics' recent form or lack thereof, Heat will probably push them to the limit (4-3); Dunno how Brown did it (MJ's presence at the helm helped I'm guessing), Bobcats have looked solid, more importantly they look really hungry, they'll win two at home (4-2); Without Bogut it'll be very difficult for the Bucks to sneak in a win against the balanced Hawks (4-0)

Farhad
April 15, 2010, 08:25 PM
Let me give it a shot. I'll probably fail miserably as I haven't been following this season all that closely.

Matchups:
East:
Cavs vs Bulls: 4-2 - This Bulls team is a hard team to beat, regardless of their record
Magic vs Bobcats: 4-0 - Cakewalk
Hawks vs Bucks: 4-2 - Think this will be closer than most expect
Celtics vs Heat: 4-3 - I've just had a bad feeling about this season from the get-go :(

West:
Lakers vs Thunders: 4-0 - Lakers turn it around by dominating OC
Mavs vs Spurs: 4-1 - Two teams heading in opposite directions
Suns vs Blazers: 4-0 - Suns are scorching hot
Nuggests vs Jazz: 4-3 - Tough one to call. I'll take Utah even though Denver won the regular season series

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2010, 01:11 PM
Well, without Roy, Blazers did get a win at Phoenix. wow!! Andre Miller was on fire, 31 points career playoff high matched. Nate McMillan is a very good coach. I'd still pick Suns. Would be a good series.

The equation has changed in favor of Miami with Garnett out. Celtics in 4-3 at home in game seven.

zman
April 19, 2010, 03:45 PM
Well, without Roy, Blazers did get a win at Phoenix. wow!! Andre Miller was on fire, 31 points career playoff high matched. Nate McMillan is a very good coach. I'd still pick Suns. Would be a good series.
Yes, without one of the league's elite point guards, Brandon Roy and also without their elite center Greg Oden and back up center Joel Przybilla (Who else am I missing from the injury list?). Can't imagine how good they can be once they get their whole team together! This team is one for the future for sure! Watch out Lakers! Watch out West!

Farhad
April 19, 2010, 04:15 PM
Yes, without one of the league's elite point guards, Brandon Roy and also without their elite center Greg Oden and back up center Joel Przybilla (Who else am I missing from the injury list?). Can't imagine how good they can be once they get their whole team together! This team is one for the future for sure! Watch out Lakers! Watch out West!

I wouldn't call Oden 'elite' just yet, but yeah, the Blazers are one of many young and up and coming teams this year. I have a feeling that the entire landscape of the NBA will change within 5-10 years...

zman
April 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't call Oden 'elite' just yet, but yeah, the Blazers are one of many young and up and coming teams this year. I have a feeling that the entire landscape of the NBA will change within 5-10 years...
And hopefully it'll all start with the Knicks acquiring two marquee players this summer in addition to retaining their current star players :D

nycpro96
April 19, 2010, 05:29 PM
And hopefully it'll all start with the Knicks acquiring two marquee players this summer in addition to retaining their current star players :D

:-D

zman
April 21, 2010, 02:07 AM
:-D
Yup, with the recently announced projected salary cap at around 56.1 mil -- almost 5 mil more than what many had suspected -- the Knicks stand to benefit most and suddenly find themselves in great position to comfortably take on two maximum salary contracts. Hopefully this will encourage their current stars (including TMac, if he ever gets healthy, which is a big IF) to stay put and make them a contender in very short time. Can't wait for the off season to start any sooner and kick into full blast :P
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/16/boardofgovernors.ap/index.html

Farhad
April 25, 2010, 07:16 PM
Matchups:
East:
Cavs vs Bulls: 4-2 - This Bulls team is a hard team to beat, regardless of their record
Magic vs Bobcats: 4-0 - Cakewalk
Hawks vs Bucks: 4-2 - Think this will be closer than most expect
Celtics vs Heat: 4-3 - I've just had a bad feeling about this season from the get-go :(

West:
Lakers vs Thunders: 4-0 - Lakers turn it around by dominating OC
Mavs vs Spurs: 4-1 - Two teams heading in opposite directions
Suns vs Blazers: 4-0 - Suns are scorching hot
Nuggests vs Jazz: 4-3 - Tough one to call. I'll take Utah even though Denver won the regular season series

Not even a week since my prediction, and I've failed miserably already. I'm not complaining though... Celts are looking pretty good. Biggest surprise has to be the Lakers-OC series tied at two a piece. Did NOT see that coming...

cameron
April 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
SPURS!!! 3-1 up!

Tigers_eye
April 28, 2010, 03:00 PM

Matchups:
East:
Magic vs Bobcats: 4-0
Hawks vs Bucks: 4-1
Celtics vs Heat: 4-2

West:
East:
Well I got Magic and Cavs right. Hawks would have been right had the refs not cheated. Celtics took one less game, oh well.
West:
Thunders are showing a little fight. This shows Durant > Wade.
Spurs and Dallas is the series that I got burnt. I think Rick C is at fault. Two easy winnable games at San Antonio. They could not convert any one of them. Now they have to fend off elimination in three successive games (if they want to advance).
Time to Billips to show up for the Nuggets.

Dhruvo
April 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
I was rooting for Dallas, now that they're out I guess its time to move on and support my 2nd option- Phoenix.

I'm really surprised to see Milwaukee leading the series, thought Atlanta would win it 4-2. Anyways best of luck to both the teams, would be great if Milwaukee wins but I expect Atlanta to play their hearts out today.

Rommel
April 30, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hawks will never win a championship with Mike Woodson there.

cricman
April 30, 2010, 07:43 PM
Hawks will never win a championship with Mike Woodson there.

You'll never win a champioship period

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2010, 02:19 PM
Well now second round is on.

Phoenix and Lakers conference finals. I still want to see Cavs move on but they are up against the Celtics. Orlando quietly will finish off Hawks.

cricman
May 12, 2010, 12:43 AM
I've never in my life time rooted for a team from Boston but this is the one exception. One win away, just do it

http://images.nymag.com/news/sports/lebron/lebronopener100517_560.jpg

As July 1st gets closer and closer, every Cleveland Loss is like a NYK victory. Were Desperate as **** for him. Got Magazines and Newspapers dedicating issues and pages for him. Got this is pic from NYMAG

Farhad
May 13, 2010, 02:12 PM
It would be a shame to see Lebron leave Cleveland. That fan base is so hungry for a championship! Neither the Browns nor the Indians are going to give them one anytime soon...

Obviously, I want Boston to win this series, but if Lebron leaves, I wouldnt be surprised to see them drop out of playoff contention all together in a couple of years...

Tigers_eye
May 13, 2010, 03:07 PM
When will Vegas leave NBA alone? I am sick and tired of this stunt they pull!!