PDA

View Full Version : Strike bowler, captain, selector, coach - All at once

Tigers_eye
October 26, 2009, 10:21 AM
Nope!! we are not talking about Imran Khan here. Vettori is taking on all these responsibilities on his shoulder. Can he sustain and keep his head in to the game (all three format)?

What do think?

Baundule
October 26, 2009, 11:09 AM
I think, Vettori is over-rated as a captain. On his positive side, he takes responsibility as a player, he is a regular performer. That said, I think, he fails to inspire his players. Otherwise, New Zealand would have done much better. Once his performance drops, his weaknesses as a captain will be revealed. He should have his say in the team selection. But coach? No way!

Raynman
October 26, 2009, 11:13 AM
I think, Vettori is over-rated as a captain. On his positive side, he takes responsibility as a player, he is a regular performer. That said, I think, he fails to inspire his players. Otherwise, New Zealand would have done much better. Once his performance drops, his weaknesses as a captain will be revealed. He should have his say in the team selection. But coach? No way!

As much as I like the guy, I agree that his captaincy is over-rated. His bowling changes are too formulatic.

I think that captains and coaches should have input but not be in the selection panel. They spend too much time away from players not in the international mix and the personal bias risk is too high.

I do think NZ made a good decision to sack McCullum from the VC role.

_Rafi_
October 26, 2009, 11:52 AM
after 5 years our Shakib wl be our strike bowler+main batsman+captain+selector+coach+board president.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

auntu
October 26, 2009, 12:41 PM
100% agree with you. I've seen nothing extra ordinary in him as captain.

nycpro96
October 26, 2009, 03:19 PM
He's not a super captain but hes ok. He does take responsibility and is a great strike bowler. He's also a very intelligent cricketer.

Imteaz
October 26, 2009, 11:04 PM
May be.

glasirask
November 8, 2009, 01:58 PM
I hope other members would love to share their great photos and experiences in this topic.

Tigers_eye
November 25, 2009, 12:08 PM
falls at 99. How painfull. NZ is rolling 400+/8 against Pak.

As for ODIs Vettori inspired his men enough to beat Pak 2-1.

Nadim
November 25, 2009, 12:44 PM
after 5 years our Shakib wl be our strike bowler+main batsman+captain+selector+coach+board president.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

+Goverment:doh: