PDA

View Full Version : Younis quits captaincy

AsifTheManRahman
November 11, 2009, 01:11 PM
Younis Khan has given up the captaincy of Pakistan once again, and taken a temporary break from the game altogether, after failing to overcome a long-running rift with a group of players. Effectively, after Younis informed the Pakistan board chairman Ijaz Butt of his decision, it signaled a victory for player power over an unpopular captain.
"I met the chairman today and told him I needed to rest," Younis told Cricinfo. "I told him I feel as If I have no command over this team. And if a leadership has no command over its players, what is the point of continuing to lead? I also told him that the last 3-4 months have been very trying times for me, not just with the cricket but all that has happened outside it. I need time to get myself together now."

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/434064.html

Too much drama. Typical.

Raynman
November 11, 2009, 01:25 PM
They always have drama and issues with captaincy and the board.

Starting with Akram slighting Waqar to Latif feeling obligated to cheat to avoid questions of match fixing to Inzy trying to push religion into the team to this thing with Younis.

if they need a captain, can we ship em Ash?

nycpro96
November 11, 2009, 01:38 PM
Again... So much politics. He was a great captain.

_Rafi_
November 11, 2009, 01:47 PM
I am not interested in this type of politics from Pakistani players anymore. They are born to make controversy.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Nocturnal
November 11, 2009, 01:49 PM
Pathetic!!
Nothing new

auntu
November 11, 2009, 02:10 PM
I thought he took a pause and he is planning to come back again.

[বাংলা]বার্তা সংস্থা এএফপিকে ইউনিস খান জানান, খুব ভাবনা-চিন্তা করেই বিশ্রাম নেয়ার সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছেন তিনি, "আমার ফর্ম ভালো যাচ্ছে না। তাই বিশ্রামের প্রয়োজন। কারো প্রতি আমার কোনো বিদ্বেষ নেই। তবে আমি এখনো শেষ হয়ে যাইনি। আমি ঠিকই ফিরে আসবো।"[/বাংলা]

Source: (http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=26&id=114209#tp114209)

Tigers_eye
November 11, 2009, 02:22 PM
back to square one.

Ajfar
November 11, 2009, 02:27 PM
back to square one.

you mean they actually left square one. when??how did i miss that??

AsifTheManRahman
November 11, 2009, 02:33 PM
I thought he took a pause and he is planning to come back again.

Yes, but not as captain. Or so he's making everyone think.
A return to captaincy seems highly improbable; neither is the PCB likely to offer it to him, having been burnt so many times, nor is he likely to take it up, given his experience this time round.

auntu
November 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
Yes, but not as captain. Or so he's making everyone think.
Thanks Asif bhai. I hope Md. Yusuf is going to be as the interim captain.
Just don't wanna see his career get ruin because of this captaincy thing.

mahbubH
November 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
consistent

who has better IQ Afridi or Ash?

MohammedC
November 12, 2009, 01:03 AM
Will Younis Khan ever become a Pakistan Cricket Captain again ?

Imteaz
November 12, 2009, 01:08 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=Bangladesh</st1:country-region> Football and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> Cricket. Always Play Musical Chair. One with Coach and Other with Captain.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Good Luck Yusuf.

Nocturnal
November 12, 2009, 01:15 AM
Will Younis Khan ever become a Pakistan Cricket Captain again ?

Pakistan ....anything is possible. :mad:

Surfer
November 12, 2009, 01:22 AM
They were known for changing coaches regularly. 12 coaches in 12 months in an unbreakable record. Now they are setting a record for changing captain.

BD-Shardul
November 12, 2009, 01:25 AM
New captain = new administration. MoYo talked with Inzi before accepting the captaincy. Pakistan players better get into the habit of praying tahajjud regularly before their New Zealand tour.

magic boy
November 12, 2009, 01:45 AM
Disgusting.

Fazal
November 12, 2009, 10:13 AM
Its always hard to lead a divided team by a non-performing captain. When the team lose and captain failed to perform, the the division becomes a bigger. On the other hand, if PAK would win and Younis would perform, all these division would be forgotten and forgiven.

It again proved that the bottom line is: the captain need to lead from front. And Younis was failing to do so for last couple of series.

Its kind of sad but its reality now a days in cricket. The only silver lining is, to Younis's credit, he was not kicked out... he himself made the right decesion to take a break and fix his form back first. After all he is a class batsman when he is in his best form.

btw I think they made a wrong choice by selecting Yusuf. Afridi would have been the better choice.

al Furqaan
November 12, 2009, 11:51 AM
team in total disarray. they really aren't go anywhere real quick.

Tigers_eye
November 12, 2009, 12:06 PM
iQuit is now iFail. Hot head Pathans always have problems.

bharat
November 12, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yonius sacking is bad enough but making MoYo the captain is worse !!

MoYo is not only too old but also not the right choice.For me he is a sleazy character jumping from one ship to the other either for money or to become the captain !! His dilly dallying with ICL and PCB should have made him unfit to lead the team right away .

Yonius looked like he could be the one holding the WC in 2011 ..I cant see any other captain being dropped after winning a WC and reaching the semis of a C.T.

zman
November 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
As more info. gets revealed starting to sound like Shoaib Malik was the mirjafor this time around

revolver
November 12, 2009, 02:07 PM
sad news

BD-Shardul
November 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
‘My main target is to unite the team because our religion also teaches us to unite for a cause and the New Zealand tour will be a tough task for us,’ Yousuf told AFP.