PDA

View Full Version : Netherlands (Total Football) thread for FIFA WC 2010

nasimul
November 23, 2009, 01:15 AM
Netherlands won Euro 88 (with Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard) and reached two consecutive world cup finals in 1974 and but lost both finals to their respective host nations, West Germany and Argentina. At the peak of its success in the 1970s, the team was famous for its mastery of Total Football, pioneered by Ajax and led by playmaker Johan Crijiff and national team coach Rinus Michels.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Netherlands_national_football_team_logo.png http://3dflags.com/media/comps/20091020/139/3dflags-nld1-3.gif

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OK3RUt7BZWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OK3RUt7BZWI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nasimul
November 23, 2009, 03:44 AM
The colors of the Dutch flag are red, white and blue. There's no orange at all. So why all the dutch fans wearing orange?

The answer: Orange is the color of the Dutch Royal Family. The lineage of the current dynasty the House of Oranje-Nassau -- dates back to Willem van Oranje (William of Orange). But while the color orange has royal roots in the Netherlands, today it symbolizes a broader pride in the country and in being Dutch.

AsifTheManRahman
November 23, 2009, 11:29 AM
I will be supporting the Dutch after the Japanese in South Africa '10. But please no wrestle mania on the football pitch this time (re: against Portugal in '06).

bangla-red
November 23, 2009, 04:52 PM
^^^^ That was a legendary match. Hope that Kuyt and Babel will do well.

Ashraf-FTP
November 23, 2009, 06:48 PM
good luck to the Dutch.. Sneijder and Vaart are both out of form and i dont know how far Neds can go..

bujhee kom
November 23, 2009, 06:50 PM
Go Netherlands....All the way Holland Dutch baby!!!

Zeeshan
November 23, 2009, 07:58 PM
Let's go dutch...

_Rafi_
November 24, 2009, 02:18 PM
My bet is on Ryan ten Doschete. He wl scores hattrics in every match.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Ashraf-FTP
March 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
Sneijder now back on form. It will be impossible to stop the dutch before the semifinals. Dutches are gonna pwn for sure :D

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 04:46 AM
^^^^ That was a legendary match. Hope that Kuyt and Babel will do well.

well said from a Liverpool man.

but first they need to take Liverpool to 4th place.

u will never walk alone

Ashraf-FTP
March 18, 2010, 09:26 PM
well said from a Liverpool man.

but first they need to take Liverpool to 4th place.

u will never walk alone
4th place is the best they can get. Have they won the EPL in the last decade?? Tsk tsk.

"You will never win the cup"

^^ Liverpools new moto :-P

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
4th place is the best they can get. Have they won the EPL in the last decade?? Tsk tsk.

"You will never win the cup"

^^ Liverpools new moto :-P

it has been 19 or 20 years

Ashraf-FTP
March 18, 2010, 09:58 PM
it has been 19 or 20 years
Yes, and you like the moto dont you ;)

Tiger Manc
May 21, 2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah I like the 'Oranje'. They've had a few United players over the years, the likes of Jaap Stam, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Edwin van der Sar.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2010, 11:16 AM
Had a good time with their fans in Dallas 94. Always liked Gullit.

One World
June 25, 2010, 02:26 PM
After losing the World Champions so early I have decided to switch my support to Holland and join Nasimul bro and others. I like Van Basten.

al-Sagar
June 25, 2010, 11:41 PM
slovakia .... then brazil ......

if chile cant eliminate brazil probably .... holland may do.

needs robben to be back in sharpness though

Nadim
July 2, 2010, 10:53 AM
Well done Holland...well played:):bravo:

Now should be easy to go through in the final.:):joy:

magic boy
July 2, 2010, 10:55 AM
easy final =P
congrats

babubangla
July 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
:joy: :joy: :joy:

al-Sagar
July 2, 2010, 01:30 PM
congratz netherlands..... i am happy.

i hope my second team (netherlands) play my first team (spain in the final)

bdtiger
July 2, 2010, 01:33 PM
well done oranjees!

bdtiger
July 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
congratz netherlands..... i am happy.

i hope my second team (netherlands) play my first team (spain in the final)

al sagir i thought u support chile

al-Sagar
July 2, 2010, 01:42 PM
al sagir i thought u support chile

chile are actually my 3rd choice

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=1165688&postcount=42

bujhee kom
July 2, 2010, 08:45 PM
Go Amsterdam!
Go Dutch!!!
Go Netherlands!!!
Go Orange!!!
Go good Coffee Houses!!
Go puff puff huff!

ialbd
July 2, 2010, 09:07 PM
best of luck Netherland.... from a Brazil fan

Ashraf-FTP
July 3, 2010, 12:58 PM
Uruguay, Forlan is the man. Uruguay is my second team [Germany first and South Korea 3rd]. I want an Uruguay and Germany final. Amazing. Lets go Forlan, Kick the Orange a$$es :D

al-Sagar
July 6, 2010, 03:27 PM
Congratz Nehterlands for reaching the final, a team that has improved every game, may be they will reach their peak in the Final

Rifat
July 6, 2010, 03:42 PM
My bet is on Ryan ten Doschete. He wl scores hattrics in every match.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

:floor: Ryan ten Doschete plays cricket not futbol...:floor:

very good player though, amazing allrounder for Essex(correct me if I am wrong!)

sorry for the offtopic! Netharlands did good :)

Banglatiger84
July 7, 2010, 02:01 AM
Its very ironical that 2 previous generations of Dutch football who were much better than the present squad failed to reach the final game of a world cup.....i.e. the Gullit/Van Basten and Bergamp/Overmars generations

One World
July 7, 2010, 10:00 PM
Gard Mullar, arekbar.

Joy shunishchit.

cricket_pagol
July 7, 2010, 10:02 PM
Uruguay, Forlan is the man. Uruguay is my second team [Germany first and South Korea 3rd]. I want an Uruguay and Germany final. Amazing. Lets go Forlan, Kick the Orange a$$es :D

your wish has been partially granted! Uruguay is facing Germany for the third place :)

al-Sagar
July 8, 2010, 10:01 PM

what a classic ...

my 2nd team beats ur 2nd team,

my 1st team beats ur first team.

ur first and second team will play 3rd and 4th place

my first and second will play the frand final

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2010, 09:05 AM
Holland is holding the cup tomorrow.

Carte Blanche
July 10, 2010, 01:07 PM
That was a wicked video. Thanks for posting. Oranje all the way!

mona
July 11, 2010, 09:27 AM
WB CB! (welcome back Carte Blanche!) Long time! Hope you've been well.

One World
July 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
Should have been finished by Takla Ruben, 2 bad finishes - not Final material.

FagunerAgun
July 11, 2010, 04:17 PM
It is a sad day for Dutch football. They lost finals in 74, 78 now in 2010.

AsifTheManRahman
July 13, 2010, 09:33 AM
Condolences, but well played throughout the tournament. The second place was well deserved (for good and for bad).

Ashraf-FTP
July 13, 2010, 01:00 PM
what a classic ...

my 2nd team beats ur 2nd team,

my 1st team beats ur first team.

ur first and second team will play 3rd and 4th place

my first and second will play the frand final
Hahaha lol. Well I mean when you pick teams like Netherlands as your second team well obviously :P

My second team is much much weaker than your top 2 :)

But the final was crap. Spain made me sleepy. They pass the ball but they have no speed. Its like watching 50 year olds kicking a ball around who are too old to run.

al-Sagar
July 14, 2010, 03:39 AM
Hahaha lol. Well I mean when you pick teams like Netherlands as your second team well obviously :P

My second team is much much weaker than your top 2 :)

But the final was crap. Spain made me sleepy. They pass the ball but they have no speed. Its like watching 50 year olds kicking a ball around who are too old to run.

spain plays a very slow tempo. thats why they find it tough to break defenses. when they do all those passing opponents always gets time to bring as many players behind the ball. from what i have seen this time and prefiusly in qulifiers except ramos, navas, and fully fit fabregas and torres no body wants to play quick moving football.

Ashraf-FTP
July 14, 2010, 12:18 PM
spain plays a very slow tempo. thats why they find it tough to break defenses. when they do all those passing opponents always gets time to bring as many players behind the ball. from what i have seen this time and prefiusly in qulifiers except ramos, navas, and fully fit fabregas and torres no body wants to play quick moving football.
Yeah and its very boring :P

AsifTheManRahman
July 15, 2010, 10:42 AM
Boring? No sir, not at all. On the contrary, Spain plays the most creative brand of football among European nations and have possibly played the most attacking of all teams in this year's World Cup. Their game is primarily possession-based and this has been their weakness as well as their strength in this competition. They barely lose possession of the ball, playing on the ground as opposed to sending long balls down the pitch, so much so that their strikers, full of talent and individual ball-play skills, often take too long to shoot, which has often translated to poor finishing in this tournament.

But if anything, this group has been playing clean, fair and magical futbol for a good few years now. What they need is a set-piece hero who can curve it in from free-kicks and find players with pin-point accuracy from corners. Wish Forlan was born in Spain. Not too worried about the finishing as, with Torres being out of form, this goal-drought might just have been a temporary thing.

Boring is what Italy, France and Germany pre-2006 are guilty of.

Neel Here
July 15, 2010, 02:03 PM
I won't call the 98 france team boring. in fact any team with the spark of zidane cannot be boring, by very definition. :) problem with spain is ball possession at the expense of speed and passing, where germany were absolutely out of this world.

italy, always hated their style. greece was even worse in 2004.

CricFanBD
July 15, 2010, 05:22 PM
Yes Sir. In my point of view, It is 100% boring, kind of useless game where all the midfielders are passing the ball all around the midfield except the penalty box area or even if the ball goes into the penalty box area, two or three player comes up again with the passing game rather than shoot the ball to the goal post…it seems like to make a goal is the least priority for the Spanish team…after the game against Germany, one Spanish player also said that they were not worried at all for not getting the goal (until 73 mins)…they just wanted to play their game…and what kind of game it is? Football is the game where we expected a goal always and it gives the verdict of the game not passing. In the Germany vs Argentina match, ball possession for Argentina is 53%, but Germany did 4 goals…and I think nobody on the earth thinks that Argentina Play better (if you think I don’t mind). Everybody knows that Spain is the first team in the world cup history who scored the least amount of goals (just 8) in the 7 match…yeah very much entertaining!!

Just want to share something (please don’t hate me):

I followed the Football World Cup since 1990, I watched all the matches from second round. First time this thing happened…I slept several times at sitting position while I was watching a 2 World Cup Matches, one is Spain vs Portugal and another is Spain vs Germany.

I believe Spain play better than any one else and they deserve the World Cup this time…I have no doubt at all…but if you want to talk about their game style…yeah it is boring.

Boring? No sir, not at all. On the contrary, Spain plays the most creative brand of football among European nations and have possibly played the most attacking of all teams in this year's World Cup. Their game is primarily possession-based and this has been their weakness as well as their strength in this competition. They barely lose possession of the ball, playing on the ground as opposed to sending long balls down the pitch, so much so that their strikers, full of talent and individual ball-play skills, often take too long to shoot, which has often translated to poor finishing in this tournament.

But if anything, this group has been playing clean, fair and magical futbol for a good few years now. What they need is a set-piece hero who can curve it in from free-kicks and find players with pin-point accuracy from corners. Wish Forlan was born in Spain. Not too worried about the finishing as, with Torres being out of form, this goal-drought might just have been a temporary thing.

Boring is what Italy, France and Germany pre-2006 are guilty of.