PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand v Pakistan

greyblazer
November 23, 2009, 05:29 AM
Hi,

I am new to this site though I do post on other forums like cricket-match-special.com.

Anyway I thought of writing an article of NZ v Pakistan test match. It is starting tomorrow at Dunedin.

Pakistan do have a new captain in Yousef and NZ would be pleased that Vettori has been passed fit to play. It would be interesting to see how Yousef would lead the side as Pakistan have had lots of changes when it comes to captains.

The pitch at Dunedin has helped the seamers before but it maybe on the slower side. For NZ it would be interesting see whether they would pick O'Brien or Tuffey. I would go for Tuffey as he is accurate, bowls a touch fuller when compared to O'Brien and gets more bounce.

NZ'S batting line up looks brittle. I am not convinced about McIntosh though he did score runs against Pakistan for the NZ invitational team. NZ have also recalled Fulton and Elliott who has got another chance to play in test cricket on the basis of his good form in one day cricket. Pakistan have a decent batting line up lead by the captain Yousef but are prone to collapses but their bowling attack of Gul, Amer, Ajmal, Kaneria and maybe Asif looks varied and strong.

Your views

_Rafi_
November 23, 2009, 07:23 AM
Welcome GreyBlazer
It will be hard task for Pakistan in Newzealand. Apart from Mo. Yousuf they hardly have any good batsmen who can do well in this condition. Pakistan team actually doesnot look like a good test team rather than a good limited overs team.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

_Rafi_
November 24, 2009, 02:16 PM
The cocain man Asif took 3 wkts. Good return for him

Yameen
November 24, 2009, 02:46 PM
Good fight by the NZ batsman on day 1, if they can get to 350 that will be a respectable total and they should aim to bowl Pakistan out for a low score given the favourable conditions for the NZ seamers.

RazabQ
November 24, 2009, 06:31 PM
Aamer kinda tailed off didn't he? Plus Paki fielders continue to be the oppostion's best friend. How can an international side be so abysmally bad in catching? Especially one with such athletes?

al Furqaan
November 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
Aamer kinda tailed off didn't he? Plus Paki fielders continue to be the oppostion's best friend. How can an international side be so abysmally bad in catching? Especially one with such athletes?

pakistanis are not any more athletic than us or indians. they are just better built and stronger (that in addition to a meaty diet, they've produced good quick bowlers). asides from the pathans, they aren't athletic. and the only two pathans in the side are gul and afridi, neither of whom are particularily athletic. oh and younis, but he ain't no athlete either.

but its good that pakis are getting hammered...i can rub it into my buddies face who's always going on and on about BD sucking and sakib being a minnow basher.

Tigers_eye
November 24, 2009, 11:20 PM
Good fight by the NZ batsman on day 1, if they can get to 350 that will be a respectable total and they should aim to bowl Pakistan out for a low score given the favourable conditions for the NZ seamers.
what should be the revised 1st innings total now. Vettori on a mission. :)

Nadim
November 25, 2009, 03:03 AM
oh s*** D. Vettori misseed out another century for a run........:(

auntu
November 25, 2009, 01:44 PM
Oh! What a painful 1 run distance for Vettori.
Damn rain is killing the beauty of the game. Even though I have no doubt that this match will have a result.

_Rafi_
November 25, 2009, 01:51 PM
This match has better cricketing value than Ind-SL match

nycpro96
November 25, 2009, 05:31 PM
anybody watching this match? i might just watch some of it today

_Rafi_
November 26, 2009, 12:36 AM
Yahooo... Umar Akmal gets century on debut...magnificent innings under pressure

_Rafi_
November 26, 2009, 12:39 AM
Damn. Kamral Akmal missed century. Btw had a good partnership with Umar

MysoreHuli
November 26, 2009, 03:30 AM
Excellent bowling by Bond.

al Furqaan
November 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
questions for ask steven:

umar gul first 8 overs, yielded 7 maidens and a singe run off the bat in the first innings. is the most economical 8 over start in test cricket history?

aamer took a wicket without conceding run in both innings, is this a first? also if you add his first innings 0-1, to his 2nd innings 0-2, you get figures of 0-3. is that a best ever in test cricket for a combined first and second innings start???

Tigers_eye
November 26, 2009, 07:53 PM
any free link?

Icysteel
November 26, 2009, 08:32 PM
criktv.blogspot.com

sbsash
November 26, 2009, 08:47 PM
i want NZ to win.

Tigers_eye
November 26, 2009, 08:49 PM
criktv.blogspot.com
Thank you very much.

sbsash
November 26, 2009, 08:54 PM
not out

MysoreHuli
November 27, 2009, 12:49 AM
New Zealands hopes rest on Mr.Bond

auntu
November 27, 2009, 01:32 PM
New Zealands hopes rest on Mr.Bond
Still NZ has already a sustainable lead.

mahbubH
November 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
any link ??

Zunaid
November 27, 2009, 10:37 PM
Very interesting. Malik and Akmal has shored up the Pakistanis. Interesting turn of events - for the first time in my life I am rooting for Pakistanis. Underdog syndrome?

al Furqaan
November 27, 2009, 10:40 PM
Very interesting. Malik and Akmal has shored up the Pakistanis. Interesting turn of events - for the first time in my life I am rooting for Pakistanis. Underdog syndrome?

haha, for the first time in my life i'm rooting against them just so i can rub a 3-0 defeat in my friends face (he claims BD sucks and sakib is just a minnow basher).

Zunaid
November 27, 2009, 10:42 PM
haha, for the first time in my life i'm rooting against them just so i can rub a 3-0 defeat in my friends face (he claims BD sucks and sakib is just a minnow basher).

Good on ya!

Now, I switch over to your side. :I)

AsifTheManRahman
November 28, 2009, 12:49 AM
Hah! Pakistan lost. Suckers!

al Furqaan
November 28, 2009, 01:01 AM
woot, woot, NZ

Surfer
November 28, 2009, 01:41 AM
Pakistan still searching for that one test victory. The last one came long back in Inzamam's era. Three captains and three years later, they still search for a win.

smashyboy
November 28, 2009, 02:08 AM
Congrats NZ. What a pathetic top order Pakistan has. Probably the worst in the world.

MysoreHuli
November 30, 2009, 01:03 AM
Excellent comeback by BOND. The only genuine fast bowler (forget those chuckers)

mahbubH
November 30, 2009, 01:51 AM
Aamir and Omar are two great findings for Pakistan cricket. Pakistan has a good future if these two do not follow their seniors attitude.

BANFAN
November 30, 2009, 03:20 AM
Umar Akmal is a real find for Pakistan. He played so well in both the innings. Minus him, Pak was no where in this test. Well played young man.

Zeeshan
December 2, 2009, 10:36 PM
I find it funny that no one gives a damn that tests like this is going on (and this being a fervent cricket forum and all) yet the need for "tradition" of test to live on. smfh

Zeeshan
December 3, 2009, 12:10 AM
What a terrible start for the Pakistanis...

One World
December 3, 2009, 01:35 AM
Link?

Zeeshan
December 3, 2009, 01:55 AM
Link?

Cricinfo?

auntu
December 3, 2009, 05:16 AM
I knew PAK gonna fall apart. Even when they were at 57/0 I was telling my dad that they gonna bundle out within 200. He was annoyed with me as he is a great fan of Pak cricket. :D

_Rafi_
December 3, 2009, 10:21 AM
Whatever situation is Paki wl win this match. Their past records in this ground are very dominating. They never lost a test match in this ground.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Beamer
December 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
Umar Akmal is a real find for Pakistan. He played so well in both the innings. Minus him, Pak was no where in this test. Well played young man.

He is a real find, but in a typical knee-jerk Pak line of thinking, a great debut is followed by an immediate push up the order the following test. At no.3 no less! All of a sudden, he has the burden and the responsibility to mold the innings. Imagine a debutant replacing Ponting at no.3, or Dravid ! Continuity and stability is whats always missing from Pak squad despite being talented.

Neel Here
December 3, 2009, 11:13 AM
sometimes it's best to throw the strong talents into the danger and see how they adapt. if they can't cope you can always go back to shielding them for a while.

ganguly was sent in at no 3 on a seaming pitch in england, the rest as they say is history. who knew akmal won't have done the same ?

Beamer
December 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
"sometimes" being the main operative word. Sure, it worked spectacularly for India, but that being the exception to the norm. In Pak's case, too often, norm is the exception. They constantly change their line -up all the way from the openers down to middle and lower order. Stability is always missing.

Neel Here
December 3, 2009, 11:58 AM
fair enough, I still remember being aghast at the decision to open with razzaq ! (spelling ?)
some of their team decisions are weird enough to have been counter signed by GWB. :-p

One World
December 3, 2009, 10:39 PM
Gul the new test allrounder :-D Ameer the ODI's.

Wjere is NZ fan? 74/4

Tintin
December 3, 2009, 11:59 PM
99 all out. Asif four, Kaneria 3 for 6.

I can't remember a time when Kaneria took a wicket before conceding 100 runs.

Jesus87
December 4, 2009, 02:15 AM
The Kiwis are losing this, sad one. It feels like Vettori is the only man who has been consistent for them. Vettori should open the innings from now on lol. When will the Kiwis find a decent opener. Ryder was awesome, I saw potential in Guptill but he became the bunny of Aamer. Mccullum is like Ashraful lol. Taylor is boss, who can partner with Ryder???

zainab
December 4, 2009, 09:15 AM
Feel sorry for the Kiwis. So right about MCcallum, he is certainly like Ashraful, talent, but no patience and application

Tigers_eye
December 4, 2009, 09:53 AM

lol, just imagine, away tour, not spin friendly, lol. His stock will rise only to get hammered once again against the Aussies. but 3 for 6 is amazing numbers no matter how one sees it.

auntu
December 4, 2009, 12:21 PM

Me neither. :D
Even not in his golden era against Bangladesh when he used to grab tons of wickets without any real good bowling.

Tigers_eye
December 4, 2009, 12:27 PM
This Aamer is a find. consistantly bowled at 140+ with swinging deliveries. clocked 150+ and he is 19? They churn these type of bowlers in bundles. Their domestic pitches are not bouncy or anything. How come?

Compare that to our Shahadat??? Asaad, any comments?

The only thing I can come up with is, shear will power and rich history to drive that will power.

auntu
December 4, 2009, 12:40 PM
Aamer is a talent. Also NZ commentators were extremely happy with him and praising his bowling all the way. Imran Khan also like his bowling gave a high grade certificate about his both bowling and batting ability.

_Rafi_
December 4, 2009, 01:58 PM
I like Asif's bowling. Asif and Aamer make Pakistani bowling lineup stronger. They hv the best bowling lineup in Asia.
Btw who won most away series? India or Pakistan?

nycpro96
December 4, 2009, 10:09 PM
Another Umar Akmal 50. What a debut test series this has been. Anybody following these matches?

Neel Here
December 4, 2009, 10:09 PM
Btw who won most away series? India or Pakistan?

pakistan by a big margin. 17 vs 13.

_Rafi_
December 5, 2009, 07:36 AM
Pakistan's bowling is much better than India. So they won more away series.

One World
December 6, 2009, 01:54 AM
Congratz on levelling.

Nocturnal
December 6, 2009, 02:13 AM
finally a test win for Pak. Congrats!

Nocturnal
December 6, 2009, 03:13 AM
double blow for NZ!! :(
Iain O'Brien to retire from international cricket - CI Link (http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvpak2009/content/story/438207.html)
Frustrated Shane Bond contemplates quitting Tests- CI Link (http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/438324.html)

Eshen
December 6, 2009, 03:16 AM
Iain O'Brien to retire from international cricket - CI Link (http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvpak2009/content/story/438207.html)
Frustrated Shane Bond contemplates quitting Tests- CI Link (http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/438324.html)
I won't complain if we face a reduced strength NZ attack in February :)

Neel Here
December 6, 2009, 04:30 AM

damn ! just when the bowling was getting some of its strength back.

auntu
December 6, 2009, 11:25 AM
Real bad news for NZ if Bond quit test cricket. They would find replacement of O'brien.

As Eshen bhai said, lalala for next Feb ;)

Murad
December 10, 2009, 07:45 PM
Pak 66/5 :lol:

Obrien 4/6

One World
December 10, 2009, 09:24 PM
So dropping Malik was not the answer - more like chopping head off to remedy headache.

BD-Shardul
December 11, 2009, 04:25 AM
I doubt if Pakistanis have any seriousness. They deserve to lose by an innings and they will do.

simon
December 11, 2009, 06:50 AM
I doubt if Pakistanis have any seriousness. They deserve to lose by an innings and they will do.

U never know,with these Pakistanis, they can come back at any time.
What surprised me the most is the 100 of Imran who looked so absent minded or careless
when he was batting while getting his 50.
He edged so many times.

revolver
December 11, 2009, 11:28 AM
tuffey and o brein on a role

al Furqaan
December 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
This Aamer is a find. consistantly bowled at 140+ with swinging deliveries. clocked 150+ and he is 19? They churn these type of bowlers in bundles. Their domestic pitches are not bouncy or anything. How come?

Compare that to our Shahadat??? Asaad, any comments?

The only thing I can come up with is, shear will power and rich history to drive that will power.

yes but also our rice and daal infested lifetsyle and allergic avoidance of high grade protein and meats also put as at a distinct disadvantage. a little indulgence once a year at qurbani is not enough.

even in red-meat hungry america, my friends consume creatine and whey protein + nitrous oxide in an attempt to gain an athletic edge whilst working out, etc. and they eat plenty of meat and poultry (probably more poultry). why? because even a meat heavy diet is not sufficient to provide the protein professional athletes need.

btw, did aamer really clock 150?

at any rate, yes they have a lot of quick bowlers. talha, sohail khan, aamer, can all clock 145 from a young age. of course talha and khan are crap. add to that wahab riaz, who can also hit 145 and i liked the way he looked when i saw him. of course gul is a 140 k bowler as well, and then there was shoaib and sami not too long ago. asif has no real pace, but is a gem.

tradition speaks for a lot, just like how india can churn out batsman after batsman. its all about tradition. same thing with sri lanka, they have a history of pumping out great performers from unorthodox or limited talent.

what will we make? only time will tell.

but shahadat is a victim of ramyanyake and his idiotic "coaching" for lack of a better word. took a bowler with a mid 30s average, a pretty bad econ, but a great strike rate of mid 50s, and a frequent post 140 km/h operator and changed his action. end result, a bowler with pace slower than chacha, a marginally better econ, a woeful average, and a strike rate mohammad sami would be ashamed of. shahadat was clocking around the 140 k mark as recently as the pak tour asia cup of 08, and less than a year later is nowhere near that pace or potency.

AsifTheManRahman
December 11, 2009, 12:55 PM
what will we make?
Why SLAs, of course. :)

al Furqaan
December 11, 2009, 01:18 PM
Why SLAs, of course. :)

don't know if you meant to be joking, but you're actually bloody right.

rafique was certainly a world class SLA, and so far sakib has been one too (though its still a bit early on - should he keep up his gaudy numbers for another 2 years, he's a shoo in). of course enamul haque jr is in the running as well, and razzak is one for the limited overs side. so thats 4 pretty good SLAs we've churned out in 10 years at the top, with more to come inshAllah.

revolver
December 11, 2009, 01:42 PM
not to worry guys...abul hasan is a pace sensation coming up

One World
December 12, 2009, 12:28 AM
Al Furqan sums it nicely. We need meat, meat and more meat, less rice, less potato, less birani, kacchi, ghee, dalda, soya bean. Island nations do well in cricket - must be the sea-food effect.

Rizvi
December 12, 2009, 12:32 AM
Vettori at it again...the savior

auntu
December 12, 2009, 07:30 AM
<table class="mainScoresTable"><tbody><tr align="right" bgcolor="#d9effd" valign="middle"></tr><tr align="right" bgcolor="#d9effd" valign="middle"> </tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"> <td>
</td> <td align="left">*Daniel Vettori (http://www.cricinfo.com/nzvpak2009/content/current/player/38710.html) (lhb)</td> <td>100</td> <td>127</td> <td>9</td> <td>1</td> <td>78.74</td> <td colspan="4">42 (62b)</td> <td>15 (24b)</td> <td>
</td> <td bgcolor="#d9effd">
</td> <td>97</td> <td>3745</td> <td style="padding-right: 6px;"> 140</td> <td>30.69</td> </tr></tbody></table>
He looks unstoppable.

AsifTheManRahman
December 12, 2009, 11:12 AM
don't know if you meant to be joking, but you're actually bloody right.

rafique was certainly a world class SLA, and so far sakib has been one too (though its still a bit early on - should he keep up his gaudy numbers for another 2 years, he's a shoo in). of course enamul haque jr is in the running as well, and razzak is one for the limited overs side. so thats 4 pretty good SLAs we've churned out in 10 years at the top, with more to come inshAllah.
Of all of them, I find Rafique's development the most fascinating. He started playing pretty much in the Akram/Bulbul era and back in the days was utter crap (in international cricket, and I say this having watched him in the ealry-mid nineties). His career really took off in the 2000s as almost all of his colleagues from the old days either faded away or went into retirement. Look at him today - still topping the charts in the DPL and making grown men pee their pubic guards.

Then of course you have his history of beating the waves of the Buriganga to get to practice, synonymous to many other sporting greats in the world (Ronaldo of Brazil, for example).

Razzak also took his time - he was just another SLA when he first started playing, which back in the days wasn't good news - but is one heck of a good limited overs bowler today. Shakib, on the other hand, has achieved quite a bit in a very short period of time. Hopefully he'll keep it up, because if he can't then there's no hope for any of the other idiots that we send out to represent us on the cricket field.

nycpro96
December 12, 2009, 12:24 PM
Vettori ki kokhono out hobe na?

revolver
December 12, 2009, 05:31 PM
vettori 1 of the best player i hav ever seen..true class
btw half an hour to go, for play to start

Miraz
December 12, 2009, 07:59 PM
Tuffey has aready doubed his career best in Test cricket. Can he score a century?

Antora
December 12, 2009, 08:41 PM
It might seem a little impossible as its 466/8 but I do hope Tuffy scores a big fat 100 :D

cricman
December 13, 2009, 12:01 AM
This Reminds me of the Bangladesh vs New Zealand Test, where Tamim and Z built a 151/0 Partnership in the 2nd innings and than Bam Collapse

I expect the same to happen to Pakistan

revolver
December 13, 2009, 09:24 AM
This Reminds me of the Bangladesh vs New Zealand Test, where Tamim and Z built a 151/0 Partnership in the 2nd innings and than Bam Collapse

lol i remmember that time, it was also in december 2007 (i was in bd)

nycpro96
December 13, 2009, 04:11 PM

Probably

Antora
December 13, 2009, 06:42 PM

LOL!
I hope it happens :D
NZ FTW!

MohammedC
December 13, 2009, 07:42 PM
Martin Guptill who never bowled in test match takes 2 wicket (caught&bowled) to return both openers.

Nocturnal
December 14, 2009, 03:22 AM
Stumps - Day 4
Pakistan 223 & 347/4 (141.0 ov)
New Zealand 471

Pakistan lead by 99 runs with 6 wickets remaining

auntu
December 14, 2009, 03:28 AM
As this is a flat deck and also PAK batters are batting with authority looking good for the Pakies. Even though NZ has every bit of chance to win the test match.

Fazal
December 14, 2009, 01:27 PM
Its pretty much over. A draw.

Its a moral booster series for Pakistan cricket team. they rediscovered their bowling strength in FB trio and the spinner (Danish).

Their young and shaky batting order will get much needed boast from some individual heroic.

Pretty soon they will fill the hole created by Yunus, and move forward without him.

Shoeb and Misbah need to contribute sooner than later. Otherwise when Umar, Faisam and Farhat is set, this two need to give way for few more players waiting in the wings.

This is a rebuilding period for PAK team in all practical purpose. So non performing older players will be discurded without much hesitation.

Tigers_eye
December 14, 2009, 04:06 PM
How come they don't make pitches like this when we play?

Just because we don't have pace attack like Asif, Aamear, Gul doesn't mean we will be ignored like this.

I demand NZ cricket board to prepare flat decks for our test matches. A draw would be really nice and uplifting for BD.

nycpro96
December 14, 2009, 06:30 PM
Misbah gone.

cricman
December 14, 2009, 10:27 PM
You guys are about to a Miss a Classic

I hope NZ doesn't Take the Bashar Approach in this chase, this one is much easier than 250 in 44 tho

208 in 41

Rizvi
December 14, 2009, 11:33 PM
NZ going for it....this is good stuff

Rizvi
December 14, 2009, 11:35 PM
NZ 90/0. Need 118 in 24 overs, 10 wickets on hand. Looks like easy as of now with Watling charging.

Rizvi
December 14, 2009, 11:36 PM
LOL wow...here come's the rain....prayers answered for PAK?

Nocturnal
December 14, 2009, 11:39 PM
damn you Rain!! :(
NZ 90/0 after 19 ov.
Still require another 118 runs with 10 wickets remaining
Min overs remaining - 23.0

CI- It's pelting down now. Rain halts play. It doesn't look good, it seems like BJ Watling's efforts will be in vain. Unlikely there are going to be enough overs left for New Zealand to chase down what was already a stiff target

*sigh* paki ra beche gelo eibarer moton!!

Rizvi
December 14, 2009, 11:45 PM
Very unfortunate!!...5th day chases in Tests are dreamy stuff...only to be curently halted by rain...hopefully play starts soon..

Nocturnal
December 14, 2009, 11:45 PM
Plenty of people asking for a Duckworth-Lewis system in Tests.

:floor::floor::floor:

yaseer
December 15, 2009, 12:33 AM
Rain is the Villain!!!

Rizvi
December 15, 2009, 01:01 AM
What a waste....PAK survives...game called off

auntu
December 15, 2009, 01:05 AM
Damn...NZ was on course. Good for the game that NZ chose to chase down the target.

yaseer
December 15, 2009, 01:17 AM
Dhurr....rain ruined it all.

nzfan
December 15, 2009, 06:43 AM
This draw has made me give up on cricket entirely

haven't watched it for a few months

BANFAN
December 16, 2009, 04:51 AM
This was a challenging total considering the number of overs left. But achieveable, would be interesting to see if & how NZ would /could do it. Alas !! Party spoiled by rain.... :)

Nocturnal
December 23, 2009, 01:58 AM
Shane Bond quits Test cricket!!
link (http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/current/story/440750.html)

revolver
December 23, 2009, 10:46 AM
Shane Bond quits Test cricket!!
link (http://www.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/current/story/440750.html)

he made the right desicion...may he succeed in ODI :notworthy: