View Full Version : West Indies in Australia - 2009

Neel Here
November 26, 2009, 01:49 AM
1st test. brisbane

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR
*Marcus North (lhb) 23 42 3 0 54.76 striker
Brad Haddin (rhb) 0 8 0 0 0.00 non-striker

Bowlers O M R W Econ
*Kemar Roach (rf) 11.1 2 34 1 3.04 (2nb, 0w)
Sulieman Benn (sla) 21.0 4 54 1 2.57 (0nb, 0w)

supporting WI, they need a good performance to garner support back home. the players too are in pressure after the run in with WICB.

Nafi
November 26, 2009, 03:07 PM
Watson gone for a duck

Nafi
November 26, 2009, 06:12 PM
Rampaul, Jerome Taylor, Bravo and Roach

Wow! what a seam attack, but even that hasnt dislodged Australia.

Roach gave Ponting HUGE troubles.

Tigers_eye
November 26, 2009, 07:54 PM
Any free link?

zman
November 26, 2009, 08:02 PM
Any free link?
I know you've been spoilt like me but don't expect espn360 quality :), following link seems to be working:
http://iplonlinematch.com/ch1.html

Tigers_eye
November 26, 2009, 08:04 PM
I know you've been spoilt like me but don't expect espn360 quality :), following link seems to be working:
http://iplonlinematch.com/ch1.html
Threat detected. :( AVG

zman
November 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
Strange! my mcafee hasn't detected any threats. By the way, I posted in the wrong thread, it's streaming NZ vs Pak game

Icysteel
November 26, 2009, 08:30 PM
criktv.blogspot.com

MysoreHuli
November 27, 2009, 12:56 AM
WI stutter after a good start.

Nafi
November 27, 2009, 07:51 AM
TM Dowlin not out on 40

:-D

I hope he makes a hundred against the Aussies

auntu
November 27, 2009, 01:46 PM
TM Dowlin not out on 40

Me too but follow on looks very realistic.

WI4EVER
November 27, 2009, 05:15 PM
TM Dowlin not out on 40

I remember playing with Dowlin for DCC, the man is a fighter, a wholehearted cricketer, and arguably the most inelegant, agricultural batsman ever to play test cricket for WI (and he's proud of it). Dowlin looking like he's digging in and Ramdin looked very good could put on a good partnership.

zainab
November 28, 2009, 04:05 PM
I feel very sorry for the Windians, at least the little fellow Adrian Barath made a century against the aussies bowling attack. I think Ponting is not very happy playing the WI, after this, they will more than likely not play tests against BD, because they want a fight, not players going to the slaughter like lambs.
I felt that BD would have put up a stronger fight against the Aussies.

revolver
November 28, 2009, 04:22 PM
bd will show some resistant agaisnt aus nowdays

auntu
December 4, 2009, 12:37 PM
Good solid batting performance by WI after so many negative talks about them.
West Indies 336/6 (85.0 ov) RR is also great 3.95

Congrats Bravo for his super century. Fell bad for Chanderpaul for getting out by a lame review decision. Good to see Samy and Nash is still at the crease. I hope they would stay and play out the morning session of 2nd day.

WI4EVER
December 4, 2009, 04:05 PM
I am very very impressed with Sammy as an all-rounder...........The reason he isn't a test regular is because WI don't like medium pacers....they needed a quality spinner/pacer at his time......

He should really be a fixture in the ODI unit by now......

Abid_Khan
December 4, 2009, 11:00 PM
Rampaul did superb with the bat making a 40 not-out

Neel Here
December 5, 2009, 04:11 AM
aussies are flying. Australia 174/0 (48.0 ov)

zainab
December 5, 2009, 11:22 AM
So happy to see the Windians scoring over 450 runs against the Aussies. They showed guts and determination after being badmouthed by all the aussie writers. amazingly, in yester years when Wi used to thrash them at home and away, those analysts and writers kept their mouth shut and even when they lost in the WI, the WI writers never bashed them. I listened to the commentators, they wanted the Windians to be bowled out quickly and they even mentioned that ponting was becoming frustrated. Well, he wanted a fight, and he got it. I just hate these aussie comentators, they badmouth every player, except their own.

WI4EVER
December 5, 2009, 07:12 PM
Oh gosh Watson bowled like a dunce...Playing across the line.

cricket_pagol
December 6, 2009, 01:54 AM
hehe... WI has a first innings lead. Take that Australia!

One World
December 6, 2009, 01:58 AM
WOW Souleman Benn WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nocturnal
December 6, 2009, 02:25 AM
WOW Souleman Benn WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ov M R W Econ

<table id="inningsBowl2" class="inningsTable"><tbody><tr class="inningsRow"><td class="bowlingDetails" style="padding-right: 10px;">53</td> <td class="bowlingDetails">8</td> <td class="bowlingDetails">155</td> <td class="bowlingDetails">5</td> <td class="bowlingDetails">2.92</td> <td class="bowlingDetails">
</td></tr></tbody></table>:notworthy:

Nocturnal
December 6, 2009, 02:28 AM
Stumps - Day 3 @ Adelaide
West Indies 451 & 23/0 (4.0 ov)
Australia 439 all out!!

West Indies lead by 35 runs with 10 wickets remaining

zainab
December 6, 2009, 08:29 AM
Great to see the Windians shutting the writers' mouths who have criticized them so vocally over the last weeks. A first innings lead will give these boys some confidence and momentum. Might be heading for a draw, but looks like it will be a five days match.
Well, Ponting wanted a fight and not a one sided affair and he got it, now, he is becoming frustrated. These Aussies feel that it is their God given right to beat every team, that's why I was so happy to see England win the Ashes, and shut ther mouths.

auntu
December 6, 2009, 11:40 AM
Great! WI took a 1st innings lead!
Wow! After so many negative throwing at them.
Great bowling Benn. Super.

Now a big ton from Gayel is due. Please do it for your mom as you said.

WI4EVER
December 6, 2009, 04:14 PM
Benn bowled well, can barely remember any horrible balls, but lets face the facts that his test bowling average is all but 50.....Having said that he's bought himself 5 more tests.

WI4EVER
December 6, 2009, 04:15 PM
Watch out for young Adrian Barath and Chris Gayle, who is always a danger.....I hope Barath can post a solid score tonight. No reason why he shouldn't.

Baundule
December 6, 2009, 05:43 PM
The test will be drawn. Siddle is injured and WI should bat long. If Gayle can stay long, they will go for the kill. But the umpires will save the test for Aus.

Eshen
December 6, 2009, 09:00 PM
I have to say it was a treat to watch Sulieman Benn bowling. SLAs often turn out to be defensive and boring to watch, but this guy was teasing batsmen all the time to hit him while doing all kind of variations with his deliveries!

One World
December 7, 2009, 03:29 AM
Congratz to Gayle for an emphatic batting. Add on few more and then declare to join Roach and Benn along to PARTAY!

zainab
December 7, 2009, 08:38 AM
Seems it will be a draw, but excellent display of cricket from the Windians to show the world that they can play well against the best in the world. I am hoping for the day when BD can also do this and quiet the critics' mouths who are always there to bad mouth these two teams.
I hope the Windians continue with their good showing and dont revert to their old ways. Gayle showed what a superb batsman that he is in all forms of the game.

auntu
December 7, 2009, 08:50 AM
Great! WI took a 1st innings lead!
Wow! After so many negative throwing at them.
Great bowling Benn. Super.

Now a big ton from Gayel is due. Please do it for your mom as you said.

Thanks a lot Gayle. :-D
What a batting. A true captain's knock.

AsifTheManRahman
December 7, 2009, 11:47 AM
Christopher Gayle is the ultimate bad boy of cricket.

BD-Shardul
December 7, 2009, 12:06 PM
I really hope WI wins tomorrow and make Aussie media and experts eat their own words.

BTW, a new Sreeshant has appeared and it is Doug Bolinger.

AsifTheManRahman
December 7, 2009, 12:45 PM
Who stole Doug's wiggy green? (http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/438426.html)

Neel Here
December 7, 2009, 01:07 PM
ill-behaved is he ? what has he done ?

revolver
December 7, 2009, 01:19 PM
wow suleman did great

auntu
December 7, 2009, 01:29 PM
I really hope WI wins tomorrow and make Aussie media and experts eat their own words.

BTW, a new Sreeshant has appeared and it is Doug Bolinger.
He bowled real good at the death of the day. Bowled extremely well with old bawl and found great reverse swing. I know what was your point :D but still he is a far better bowler than Sreeshant.

cricman
December 7, 2009, 07:30 PM
The Tailenders scoring runs at a nice clip go Windies!

Eshen
December 7, 2009, 07:33 PM
So, Gayle let Roach to get out so he can have the honor of carry the bat through! Nice leadership there!

Shehwar
December 7, 2009, 07:45 PM
So, Gayle let Roach to get out so he can have the honor of carry the bat through! Nice leadership there!

That guy is anything but a team man! Lara'r pa chatar o joggo na!

Baundule
December 7, 2009, 08:19 PM
I do not understand why the West Indians are appealing for LBWs. The ball was hiting the middle of the middle stump and the umpire is completely unmoved.

While I was writing it, Katich gets out CAUGHT. Yes, get them bowled and caught. Come on, WI!

Antora
December 7, 2009, 10:21 PM
I'M loving this game! :D

Dhruvo
December 7, 2009, 11:10 PM
http://static.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/111100/111153.2.jpg

Wow, barath can jump!

billah
December 8, 2009, 12:28 AM
Fantastic to see WI perform this good, right on the back of a real bad one. Good cricket, good for the WI, even good for us, for other reasons.

Murad
December 8, 2009, 12:39 AM
5 down. Bravo rocking with the ball..

Nocturnal
December 8, 2009, 01:01 AM
Australia require another 178 runs with 5 wickets remaining
Min overs remaining 20.0

can WI do it?? Hope they will make it - 5 wkts!!

Murad
December 8, 2009, 01:44 AM
Boring Australia didn't go for the WIN. They are playing for DRAW. They suck!!!

Abid_Khan
December 8, 2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah that sucks.. it was such a great test match with a very dull ending unless a miracle happens for West Indies

auntu
December 8, 2009, 04:17 AM
Sad but true.

Never the less good fight put by WI and they have dictated terms in this test. They were always on top of the Aussies. Good test match.

Baundule
December 8, 2009, 05:54 AM
My prediction comes true; but I am disappointed. There is a huge difference between a win and a draw.

BANFAN
December 8, 2009, 07:14 AM
Nice to see a couple of guys who played against us, so 3/4th string WI team played us, doesn't hold good interms of bowling attack, at least. :)

Well played WI saving this match. They were around 200 with 3 wkts only and then wkts fell very rapidly without much addition to the total. If they could leave yester day 1 hour after tea, with a bigger total, they could put some more pressure. None other than Gayle really got going. Bad luck.

zainab
December 8, 2009, 08:21 AM
They took the match up to the end of the 5th Day, and even though it was a draw, they could hold their heads up high once again, no shameful defeat by the Aussies within 3 days. BTW, not one aussie scored a century, but two Windians scored centuries.
The aussies were given a rude awakening here. The Windians would have won if there was more time.

Neel Here
December 8, 2009, 09:16 AM
good to see a decent WI bowling attack after a long time.

One World
December 8, 2009, 01:20 PM
That was quite a scare for the mighty crickeroos.

Tigers_eye
December 8, 2009, 01:52 PM
Excellent stuff by Gayle and Co.

WI4EVER
December 8, 2009, 04:28 PM
That guy is anything but a team man! Lara'r pa chatar o joggo na!

How could a guy batting 4 sessions against his natural game not be a team man???

Eshen
December 8, 2009, 06:01 PM
How could a guy batting 4 sessions against his natural game not be a team man???
Because his head was on the chopping block after Gabba Test, he needed this innings to survive.

auntu
December 9, 2009, 12:41 PM
Because his head was on the chopping block after Gabba Test, he needed this innings to survive.
But that helped the team...that's the punch line.

Tigers_eye
December 9, 2009, 12:51 PM
Selectors would have selected WHO instead of Gayle even if didn't perform in this test? There is no one to replace Gayle. Ganga doesn't deserve to be in the team and Simmons is yet too raw for test cricket. So I can't accept the above statement as a reason for his marvelous innings.

WI4EVER
December 9, 2009, 09:16 PM

So because someone's head is on the chopping block means that they're not a team man?

Eshen
December 9, 2009, 11:09 PM
So because someone's head is on the chopping block means that they're not a team man?
Can you please not put words in my mouth? When did I say any such thing?!

Gayle played an excellent innings, for whatever motivated him to play that. Kudos to him.

But then he reduced his team's chance of winning the Test when he did not declare first thing the morning. All he did was wasting time out there, did not take any risk to score runs, and let tailenders get out so that he could have the honor of carrying the bat through the innings - that's where his leadership coming in question.

WI4EVER
December 10, 2009, 07:55 AM
Can you please not put words in my mouth? When did I say any such thing?!

Gayle played an excellent innings, for whatever motivated him to play that. Kudos to him.

But then he reduced his team's chance of winning the Test when he did not declare first thing the morning. All he did was wasting time out there, did not take any risk to score runs, and let tailenders get out so that he could have the honor of carrying the bat through the innings - that's where his leadership coming in question.

While I agree that seeing how the match ended up, he should of declared overnight.....But you must understand that people expect WI to lose 3-0, you can't blame Gayle for playing it safe and batting them out of the game by getting the lead to 330. 287 and 330 sound alot different. Even if WI lose the Perth test, they will still have avoided the whitewash, hence a passing grade for exceeding expectations.

Without Gayle's innings, there wouldn't of even been a question of going for a win, because the next highest score was 20something.

His leadership is not questionable, he played a great innings, and I'm sure someone came and sat down with him and discussed what he should do next time, this was the first time he was probably batting for a win....

BTW, I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, I asked why he isn't a team man, you said because his head was on the chopping block, and I asked if someone isn't a team man for being on the chopping block.

revolver
December 10, 2009, 11:33 AM
great work done by the windies

_Rafi_
December 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
Why Fidel Edwards and Taylor are not playing? Are they injured or dropped ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Eshen
December 11, 2009, 07:41 PM
WI4EVER, sorry for the confusion.

Here is what you asked-

"How could a guy batting 4 sessions against his natural game not be a team man???"

What I meant reply was-

I believe he played in that manner "Because his head was on the chopping block after Gabba Test, he needed this innings to survive."

WI4EVER
December 11, 2009, 11:07 PM
WI4EVER, sorry for the confusion.

Here is what you asked-

"How could a guy batting 4 sessions against his natural game not be a team man???"

What I meant reply was-

I believe he played in that manner "Because his head was on the chopping block after Gabba Test, he needed this innings to survive."

Yeah, sorry for the mistake.....

I`ll have to disagree, because he was struggling against the swing of Siddle and Hilfenhaus.....Langer did some work with him and he admitted he would have to put down his head and play a substantial innings.

I remember seeing Gayle in similar situations when he would hit out and make a quickfire 40, but he has learnt his lesson.

WI4EVER
December 15, 2009, 04:24 PM
Barath and Chanderpaul on injury watch.....

Tigers_eye
December 15, 2009, 04:59 PM
Lee, Hilfenhous, Siddle are out.

It is time for Sarwan to step up like Dilshan. Carry the team. WACA is no longer the WACA once was where WI had an easy "W" in there schedule. This game has to be won by the batsmen not the bowlers.

Tigers_eye
December 16, 2009, 04:52 PM
WACA first day loss of three wickets, lol. What in the world...

And the bowlers toil as usual. Go Roach!! Get Hussey. Aussies still can't score a century. lol.

Tigers_eye
December 16, 2009, 04:59 PM
Watson has some sort of fear of milestones. Last four ODI and test innings: 41, 49, 93, 49, 0, 96, 48, 89.

4 40's, 2 90's and one 89.

extra 35 runs and he would have had 4 50's and 2 centuries. Now he only has 3 50's.

Murad
December 17, 2009, 03:22 AM
Gayle 100 off just 70 balls. Six :six:'s.

auntu
December 17, 2009, 03:57 AM
One of the greatest Test century I've seen so far.
What a knock by Gayle! 5th fastest test ton.

One World
December 17, 2009, 05:51 AM
Congrats to Gayle, the ultimate bad boy of Calypso Cricket.

_Rafi_
December 17, 2009, 12:48 PM
140 mtrs Six was awesome.

revolver
December 17, 2009, 01:24 PM
wow gayle rox..
btw dowlin is doiing awwwwwwwwwwwwsome...he is a very good player

MohammedC
December 17, 2009, 06:18 PM
Did anyone see Suleiman Benn and Brad Haddin incedent on Day 2. I saw a gimpse it on news. Suleiman was angry at one stage it seemed it was going to get physical.
I was very sad to see anything like that in cricket(specially at international level)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8CKPXbts70&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8CKPXbts70&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

auntu
December 18, 2009, 11:58 AM
Great bowling in the second innings by WI but Aussie first innings lead is way too much. Gayle need to smack the cuccabura once again all over the park and most of the time aerial.

auntu
December 18, 2009, 11:59 AM
Also great to know Roch took the wicket of Ponting. :D

MohammedC
December 18, 2009, 02:35 PM
Also great to know Roch took the wicket of Ponting. :D

It is great to know he is doing well. Great future star if he can stay injury free.

Zeeshan
December 18, 2009, 09:37 PM
Did anyone see Suleiman Benn and Brad Haddin incedent on Day 2. I saw a gimpse it on news. Suleiman was angry at one stage it seemed it was going to get physical.
I was very sad to see anything like that in cricket(specially at international level)

Despite the trumpeting of cricket as gentleman's game to be filled with the likes of Chapells' Bros monocle-champagne elite club members one should realize that we have come a long way from Her Majesty's doublet-wig-breeches wearing era of antiquity. Things like this will happen; it's a regular lay even in professional sports like NBA and it surely doesn't make them any boorish. If sports doesn't have the element of alpha male dominance then it loses it's aggressive edge. meh....as long as they are not clubbing each other up, i say let's meh it, move on taxing them with some fines. :)

cricman
December 19, 2009, 12:00 AM

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m8CKPXbts70&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Haddin acted like a jerk tried to instigate, You knw if Benn was a Fast Bowler he would have knocked his Head off next ball with a bouncer.

Not good for the Windies but all they need is one batsmen and they got this

cricman
December 19, 2009, 12:48 AM
Aussie appealing is amusing as always ... intimidation tactics

Deonarine looks well set, Nash a bit edgy but determined to stay

Ajfar
December 19, 2009, 01:59 AM
i really hope WI can pull it off. this would be such a big boost for their cricket right now.

Nocturnal
December 19, 2009, 02:29 AM
Tea - Day 4
WI - 174/3 : Deonarine - *67, Nash - *42
still require another 185 runs with 7 wickets remaining
good luck WI :)

from CI: Dale Hewitt: "Last year a relatively unknown JP Duminy knocked Australia over in the fourth innings and this year it looks like another "D" Deonarine."

auntu
December 19, 2009, 03:43 AM
Deonarine gone :(

auntu
December 19, 2009, 03:43 AM
West Indies require another 162 runs with 6 wickets remaining

Looks to me very tough.

auntu
December 19, 2009, 04:26 AM
West Indies require another 136 runs with 5 wickets remaining

All hopes on Nash and Ramadin.

Nash reminds me of Adrian Griffith. He was a very slow WI Test opener. I can recall one of his slowest innings of some 50 odd runs out of 200+ deliveries. What is he doing now a days?

cricket_pagol
December 19, 2009, 04:29 AM
West Indies require another 136 runs with 5 wickets remaining

All hopes on Nash and Ramadin.

Nash reminds me of Adrian Griffith. He was a very slow WI Test opener. I can recall one of his slowest innings of some 50 odd runs out of 200+ deliveries. What is he doing now a days?

Ramadin gone as well...

auntu
December 19, 2009, 04:39 AM
Ramadin gone as well...
Damn....another Aussie victory gonna happen...WI's effort would be the point they can take from this test.

auntu
December 19, 2009, 04:44 AM
Nash should start scoring.

auntu
December 19, 2009, 05:01 AM
Nash gone. It proves once again playing too slow is not a good idea.

auntu
December 19, 2009, 05:22 AM
So loosing 1 day spare.

auntu
December 19, 2009, 05:35 AM
Great fighting sprite by the tail.

Current partnership 21 runs, 3.3 overs, RR: 6.00 (Tonge 10, Roach 11)

Neel Here
December 19, 2009, 11:34 AM
damn ! WI missed the bus ! (again)

Zeeshan
December 19, 2009, 11:35 AM
Australia forced to wait for series win?! Surely cricinfo doesn't do justice to the unpredictable nature of the game. Who is to say a last man 51 run stand is not on the horizon?

auntu
December 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
Australia forced to wait for series win?! Surely cricinfo doesn't do justice to the unpredictable nature of the game. Who is to say a last man 51 run stand is not on the horizon?
Yes also possible by the last pair. If happen it would be one of the greatest victory in 2009.

Tigers_eye
December 19, 2009, 12:32 PM
The Highest 4th innings WI 10th wicket stand by two bowlers are 32. Brown and Walsh.

These two have already put on for 29. Highly unlikely they can survive 51 more. Tonge is a debudant.

nycpro96
December 19, 2009, 09:45 PM
Roach and Tounge. 40 to win. Whats going to happen?

cricket_pagol
December 19, 2009, 09:49 PM
Roach given out without clear evidence (batsman does not get the benefit of the doubt anymore)... we were robbed of a terrific test match :( Initial call of the umpire skews the result of the review. Thank you ICC.

Baundule
December 19, 2009, 09:53 PM
Roach given out without clear evidence (batsman does not get the benefit of the doubt anymore)... we were robbed of a terrific test match :( Initial call of the umpire skews the result of the review. Thank you ICC.
It is basically not a fault with the review system (except that part of withstanding field umpires stupid call), it is the fault with the umpires, who intentionally use it to talk their way.
Bollinger to Roach, OUT, high drama! Australia have appealed for a caught behind and Roach has been given, he wants a referral, it's so marginal, can't really tell if he nicked it or not, replays aren't conclusive and in such cases I think the on-field decision should stay, Roach fended at the ball off the back foot as it angled across him ... the Australians were extremely confident ... Hot Spot shows nothing much ... the wait is long and tense ... and he's been given ... fair call too since there was no evidence either way
They term it a fare call. Pure bullsh!t to say the least. When there is no clear evidence of a nick, the batsman should not be OUT.

The umpires have robbed WI the series.

Rizvi
December 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
darn it...i was hoping for a dramatic finish..not to be..

Abid_Khan
December 19, 2009, 09:54 PM
What was that?? Omg.. Review clearly showed Roach didn't edge it but was still given out! And the Australian commentators were backing it up, saying 'It was done in the spirit of the game'. That's utter bulls***. The Windies actually had a slim chance and stupid review umpires ruined it all

Abid_Khan
December 19, 2009, 09:55 PM
I am so pissed off at this, Tonge and Roach were going strong

Antora
December 19, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yer, so much for the review system! If technology can't make correct decisions...then...GET RID OF THIS REVIEW SYSTEM! Its better not having the review system at all..just a waste of time!
ARGH!

Baundule
December 19, 2009, 10:00 PM
I did not watch the stream, because I suspected something like this would happen, the umpires will take the first chance they get. And of course, I did not want to hear the commictators. I was going to watch the stream, if somehow the umpires failed to win it for Australia, just to enjoy the reaction of the commictators. But a big hand for the umpires. The series could have even gone 2-1 in favor of WI, if the umpires were not biased.

cricket_pagol
December 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
It is not a fault with the review system (except that part of withstanding field umpires stupid call), it is the fault with the umpires.

They term it a fare call. Pure bullsh!t to say the least. When there is no clear evidence of a nick, the batsman should not be OUT.

The umpires have robbed WI the series.

I agree with you. It's the fault of the umpires. But in the ideal world you would think that the review system should be able to catch these mistakes, and the reason it did not catch it in this instant was because the initial call of the umpire was wrong and the review did not show clear evidence either way(inconclusive to the umpires, I was convinced that he did not nick it). So, as the rules currently stand if there is no CLEAR evidence against umpire's original call, then the original decision stands.

The rules need to make sure that a batsmen is out only when there is a clear evidence for the dismissal. The initial call of the umpire should not handicap the decision making process.

BTW, the bias of the commentators to justify this episode was pretty ridiculous. However to one of the commentator's credit, he was advocating that this should be given not out.

Antora
December 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
This is so annoying :(
The review system is their to apparently make the game "fair"
pfft yeah...so much for that!
:@

Baundule
December 19, 2009, 10:08 PM
Yer, so much for the review system! If technology can't make correct decisions...then...GET RID OF THIS REVIEW SYSTEM! Its better not having the review system at all..just a waste of time!
ARGH!
Antora, here is the beauty of the current system. The Big guns like ECB, AC, BCCI do not want the review system, because the umpires play for them. However, the technology being available, it has come as a pressure to accept it. Therefore, they have been more or less compelled to apply the review system; but keeping the possibility of the field umpire to still influence it.

For a third umpire's case, the field umpires have nothing to say, except asking for the review. The same should be applied for the UDRS. In most cases, if not all, the decision is challenged, because it was stupid and wrong. SO, why carry anything from that in the review?

As you have quickly concluded it as a problem of the technology (which is clearly wrong), many people will do the same, without focusing on the actual problem. This will benefit those blocks that do not want the review system and keep playing the umpires for their sides.

The review system should embrace as much technology as possible. Those technologies have fairly high accuracies and if anything wrong, decisions taken by the technology will be fair for both sides (if not programmed otherwise though ;) ).

Abid_Khan
December 19, 2009, 10:08 PM
BTW, the bias of the commentators to justify this episode was pretty ridiculous. However to one of the commentator's credit, he was advocating that this should be given not out.

The commentators were ridiculous, they weren't neutral

Rizvi
December 19, 2009, 10:10 PM
This is so annoying :(
The review system is their to apparently make the game "fair"
pfft yeah...so much for that!
:@

assuming not a home team fan, are you?

Either way, you're better off going with the initial call made on field when replays does not show clear evidence...a la American Football, baseball, etc.

May not be fair to WI, but it's not the replay system's fault. This is just how the theory of replays work...

Rizvi
December 19, 2009, 10:13 PM
Finally an acknowledgment by the commentators that the call was a "break" for the Aussies...during post-match show...

nycpro96
December 19, 2009, 10:20 PM
Bad decision. Chi chi.

Antora
December 19, 2009, 10:39 PM
assuming not a home team fan, are you?

Either way, you're better off going with the initial call made on field when replays does not show clear evidence...a la American Football, baseball, etc.

May not be fair to WI, but it's not the replay system's fault. This is just how the theory of replays work...

LOL I am a home fan....But only when Aus vs Ind or Pak.

cricman
December 20, 2009, 12:13 AM
Aussie appealing is amusing as always ... intimidation tactics

Deonarine looks well set, Nash a bit edgy but determined to stay

Thats from Last Night ... I didn't watch this last wicket stand but I'm not one who is quick to judge, but Ponting group all raise as one, there reactions are always seem like it's a wicket, whether the ball missed the bat by 4 inches or if it was a true edge.

Very tough on the umpire, than there some in there lot that nick it and act nothing ever happened.

BANFAN
December 20, 2009, 01:28 AM
Finally an acknowledgment by the commentators that the call was a "break" for the Aussies...during post-match show...

What's the benefit of the victim :)

_Rafi_
December 20, 2009, 02:32 AM
If umpire do not agree with hotspot then why money should be spent on hot spot camera.
Review system should only use for lbw as caught behind making lot of controversy.

BD-Shardul
December 20, 2009, 04:07 AM
History will remember 2-0. History will not remember the fighting spirit that WI have showed in this series.

Bravo West Indies.

auntu
December 20, 2009, 04:30 AM
[বাংলা]চোর [/বাংলা]Aussie... I was hoping for a thrilling victory for my former favorite team. These damn thieves stolen the beauty of the game. [বাংলা]চোর[/বাংলা]

revolver
December 20, 2009, 05:10 AM
good match played by the windies

BANFAN
December 20, 2009, 05:30 AM
It could have been 1-1; just a Couple of Bad decisions, did it for Ausies.

zainab
December 20, 2009, 10:29 AM
It could have been 1-1; just a Couple of Bad decisions, did it for Ausies.

Bad umpiring decisions favouring the Aussies.

Banglatiger84
December 22, 2009, 11:31 PM
I hear Benn had given a suspension whereas Haddin got only a fine by the lovely Chris Broad ?