PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Barath is a Star

WI4EVER
November 28, 2009, 05:59 PM
As I told you all weeks ago.

Abid_Khan
November 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
He's very young and had a great start to his career. Now he has to make these scores more often consistently other wise he would turn into another Ashraful (Ash made 114 in his debut test against Sri Lanka and now has a test average of 23 :S). Barath needs to be consist if he's gonna be a star

WI4EVER
November 29, 2009, 12:23 AM
He's very young and had a great start to his career. Now he has to make these scores more often consistently other wise he would turn into another Ashraful (Ash made 114 in his debut test against Sri Lanka and now has a test average of 23 :S). Barath needs to be consist if he's gonna be a star

Ashraful only averages 28 in FC Cricket, it is extremely rare for a batsman to average higher than their FC average in test cricket. Ashraful becoming mediocre was almost definitely inevitable. I have to say that Barath was already a better bat than Ashraful even before he debuted.....Barath averaged 46 in a better FC competition.

People said he couldn't bat short pitched bowling, I watched him hook Johnson away for four. You have to be something special to be dubbed by Lara at age 11.

Gowza
November 29, 2009, 01:26 AM
but i think you'll find that if you take out test innings ash's FC average is around 40 or at least for BD domestic FC cricket, though i haven't checked so could be wrong. no doubt barath is a player of the future, but i've known about this kid for a couple of years so it's no real surprise to me that he's arrived to international cricket and did it in pretty good style.

Nadim
November 29, 2009, 04:35 AM
Umar Akmal is the real deal here......on debut 100 and 70 odd

Gowza
November 29, 2009, 04:41 AM

yeah that kid is a run machine and really exciting to watch, some good cricketers coming from the younger generation atm (hughes, barath, umar, aamir, parnell).

Equinox
November 29, 2009, 08:50 AM
yeah that kid is a run machine and really exciting to watch, some good cricketers coming from the younger generation atm (hughes, barath, umar, aamir, parnell).
Ahem. You seemed to have missed someone. The best of 'em all...:waiting:

WI4EVER
November 29, 2009, 11:54 AM

I like Umar Akmal, naturally agressive, there's something with the bat speed of those Akmal brothers......I think he will be one of the few Pakistani players that don't fade away.

revolver
November 29, 2009, 12:56 PM

rubel???

Gowza
November 29, 2009, 02:58 PM

shakib....he's slightly older than the group i mentioned even if it is only by a year or 2, but obviously he is a good prospect.

cricket_pagol
November 29, 2009, 08:53 PM
Adrian Barath is the real deal!!! He has the potential to be a legendary cricketer! You have to give props to the WI administration for not rushing him into the team.