PDA

View Full Version : No Pakistanis in IPL 3

Surfer
December 7, 2009, 01:47 PM
Modi rules out Pakistan players in IPL 2010 - report

Pakistan cricketers will not feature in IPL 2010 as their board has failed to obtain their visas before the deadline for confirmation of participation, the league's commissioner, Lalit Modi, has said. The franchises will now have to look for replacements for the Pakistan players they had signed, he said.

"We have been informed by the PCB that they have not been able to obtain the visas as of now. So we are not able to extend the deadline," Modi told the Times Now channel. "Today is the absolute deadline for confirmation of Pakistani players [to take part in the IPL]. The exchange window [ends] the day after tomorrow.

"Unfortunately, the Pakistani players are out and they will not be allowed to take part in the next IPL because we are handicapped by the fact that the exchange window is the day after tomorrow. We are informing the teams that they now can go for the replacement of the Pakistani players."

A PCB spokesman told Cricinfo the board was in possession of all necessary NoCs and clearance letters from the Pakistan side but had not been given visas.

Pakistan are the reigning World Twenty20 champions, and several franchises had expressed their interest in signing on the country's cricketers. Five Pakistani players - Kamran Akmal, Misbah ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Gul and Sohail Tanvir - are already on contract with IPL teams.

Last week, it had seemed that they, and several of their team-mates, would be in next year's IPL after Pakistan's foreign ministry and interior ministry cleared them to play in the Indian league. That meant the PCB could issue the NOCs necessary for Pakistan's players to be eligible for the tournament, but the inability to obtain the visas in time meant their players will have to sit out a second successive IPL.

Pakistan's players were absent from IPL's second season, held earlier this year in South Africa, after their government did not allow them to travel to India - where the tournament was originally to be held - for security reasons. The decision came in the wake of the Mumbai attacks last year, after which relations between India and Pakistan deteriorated considerably. Eleven players from Pakistan had taken part in the first IPL, though after the Mumbai attacks, only four were retained by their franchises, though their contracts were suspended until further resolution. Razzaq was signed recently by Kolkata Knight Riders.

The PCB has been keen on getting their players involved once again after Ijaz Butt, the board chairman, raised the matter on a trip to India in October and said after that the relevant government authorities had also cleared Pakistan's players to play.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/current/story/438528.html

revolver
December 7, 2009, 04:10 PM
seriously...

AsifTheManRahman
December 7, 2009, 04:32 PM
Mash 'n Ash are safe for now.

revolver
December 7, 2009, 04:36 PM

yhh but i dont think the team would want them to play

ialbd
December 7, 2009, 04:59 PM

once again I need to get this question answered? was the contract for mash (and ash) for 1 season (or for 2/3). If it was just for last season they are not going back I guess....

bharat
December 7, 2009, 05:35 PM
I am surprised that Pakisthan is taking this !!

I belong to the school of thought that India should not have any sporting relations with Pak until certain issues are resolved .But even I dont subscribe to this constant dilly dallying .

Either you have them or you dont but one should not humiliate them with these technicalities.

Pak (PCB) on its part need to understand that Indian govt. is in no mood of allowing them to play and keep a distance with India (or BCCI). It would do good by sacking Ijaz Butt who seems to be bending backwards to please BCCI .He needs to understand that BCCI is powerless in front of the Indian govt.

Shehwar
December 7, 2009, 07:43 PM
Seems like not playing the IPL is the key to doing well in T20 World Cup.....Look what happnened to India! On the contrast Pakistan is the team to beat in T20s!

Abid_Khan
December 7, 2009, 08:17 PM
Lot of Pakistani fan would be very disappointed i guess, good for our players though as some more players may play for other teams:)

Dhruvo
December 7, 2009, 11:16 PM
That sucks, higher probability of seeing bangladeshi players in the ipl though they are likely to be sidelined for most of the tournament.

Surfer
December 8, 2009, 12:44 AM
I am surprised that Pakisthan is taking this !!

I belong to the school of thought that India should not have any sporting relations with Pak until certain issues are resolved .But even I dont subscribe to this constant dilly dallying .

Either you have them or you dont but one should not humiliate them with these technicalities.

Pak (PCB) on its part need to understand that Indian govt. is in no mood of allowing them to play and keep a distance with India (or BCCI). It would do good by sacking Ijaz Butt who seems to be bending backwards to please BCCI .He needs to understand that BCCI is powerless in front of the Indian govt.

Technicalities? It was not done all of a sudden. There was a deadline. I think the Pakistani government took too much time giving a clearance to the players, but we never heard the PCB ask for an extension till the last moment.

Rabz
December 8, 2009, 04:09 AM
Meh..who cares.
Our players are safe, thats all matters to me.

auntu
December 8, 2009, 04:21 AM
Meh..who cares.
Yo and also Shak might sneak in. :D

BANFAN
December 8, 2009, 07:06 AM
I think, PCB wanted this to happen but didn't want to risk doing it directly. Now they can blame BCCI for managing the players sentiments.

Shakib should be in. But there are a couple of more to enter I guess from Eng

revolver
December 8, 2009, 11:58 AM
if shak dont get a chance then it would be really disapointing

Neel Here
December 8, 2009, 12:30 PM
I hope KKR gets shakib, they are a really weak team.

Surfer
December 8, 2009, 01:53 PM
Shakib is big guys. He will be one of the stars this IPL.

Ashfaq
December 8, 2009, 02:19 PM
if shak dont get a chance then it would be really disapointing

Not really. Except for Chris Gayle, no Test captain actually sees T20s as anything other than a business venture. If Shak has to choose between grade 2 county cricket and IPL, I'd be happier if he went with grade 2 county cricket. T20 is poison for Test bowlers, specially for spinners. T20 will never teach a spinner to attack the batsman. And without that midset, bowling in test would be fruitless. We can not do that to our best weapon.

Tigers_eye
December 8, 2009, 02:43 PM
I hope Shakib is dished one more time. He badly needs the county stint. We will be visiting them soon.

I humbly request to IPL, (kinda like begging almost) please do not select Shakib for any team. He was #1 back then he is still #1. Nothing has changed. So your evaluation should not change either.

revolver
December 8, 2009, 04:16 PM
Shakib is big guys. He will be one of the stars this IPL.
hope so..
Not really. Except for Chris Gayle, no Test captain actually sees T20s as anything other than a business venture. If Shak has to choose between grade 2 county cricket and IPL, I'd be happier if he went with grade 2 county cricket. T20 is poison for Test bowlers, specially for spinners. T20 will never teach a spinner to attack the batsman. And without that midset, bowling in test would be fruitless. We can not do that to our best weapon.

yhh

Ashraf-FTP
December 8, 2009, 04:32 PM
Meh..who cares.
exactly.. and more of the ICL players will be going too i guess.. likes of AK, SN, Aftab and maybe even the great Rafique.. would love to see them play in ICL :D

i dont care about the pakistanis though, but sad to hear this.. they would have surely made the tournament much better..

revolver
December 9, 2009, 01:52 PM
exactly.. and more of the ICL players will be going too i guess.. likes of AK, SN, Aftab and maybe even the great Rafique.. would love to see them play in ICL :D

i dont care about the pakistanis though, but sad to hear this.. they would have surely made the tournament much better..

lol yhh it would be great to see them
btw u mean ipl

magic boy
December 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
errrr whatever happens with IPL or ICL...I wont hope to see our valuable boys getting easy chance while Paki players not available..:-/.rather I'd like to see BCB should think of sending important BD players to right place. I mean lets think of county cricket or other foreign reliable cricketing leagues!! why only seeking chance to play in IPL/ICL!!?? Does that really help us at all????? :-/

abdulrahee
December 24, 2009, 03:16 PM
Lot of Pakistani fan would be very disappointed i guess, good for our players though as some more players may play for other teams:)

actually lot of Pakistani fans are happy and hoping that young players like AAMIR and U AKMAL do not go any where near IPL

just see pakpassion for confirmation

Neel Here
December 25, 2009, 09:54 AM
the fans may be happy but the players are not.

RazabQ
December 26, 2009, 07:46 PM
who cares? :)

Tiger Manc
December 30, 2009, 10:55 AM
who cares? :)

:up:

Ishtylish cricketer
January 7, 2010, 08:01 PM
There are about 8 Pakistanis who will be auctioned in IPL 3. One player from Canada also made it to the 96 being auctioned. I think it's Cheema Rizwan. There is very little chance that he will make it but the guy is a serious hitter. He smashed Shoaib Akhter and Fernando all over the ground in King City, Canada.

BD-Shardul
January 21, 2010, 09:50 AM
Pakistanis are crying like cry babies. So what if Pakis are World Champ? IPL teams didn't feel like take them in their team, they didn't. Er por abar kotha bolai to shorom. Amake jodi keu tar bashay daowat na dey, ami jor kore unar kach theke dawat nebo? What losers!

magic boy
January 21, 2010, 09:54 AM
Pakistanis are crying like cry babies. So what if Pakis are World Champ? IPL teams didn't feel like take them in their team, they didn't. Er por abar kotha bolai to shorom. Amake jodi keu tar bashay daowat na dey, ami jor kore unar kach theke dawat nebo? What losers!

shetai....:sick:

_Rafi_
January 22, 2010, 04:42 AM

agree with u.
But IPL brings politics back in cricket. Totally stupid act from Modi and co.

Surfer
January 22, 2010, 07:26 AM
agree with u.

I don't know if it's politics is involved or not. But even if politics was not involved, Pakistani players would still not have been picked. IPL is run by big businesses who are investing money not just to make money, but also to promote their products. After the recent Mumbai attacks, no business house would like to be associated with a Pakistani. It's for the Indian market after all.

It's unfortunate that this has led to Pakistan stopping the peace talks. They asked the Indian government to take steps against IPL which the GOI declined. So they stopped the next delegation of MPs that were scheduled to come to India.

abdulrahee
January 22, 2010, 08:39 AM
in which world u are living?
it is always India who stop peace talk like they did in cricket and not to mention from where u got this news and not knowing that three days ago indian army killed a pkistani soldier near sialkot

_Rafi_
January 22, 2010, 08:48 AM
I dont think it would have negative effect on their business.
Btw still politics are brought but this time by Paki. And that was also another brainless act.

bharat
January 22, 2010, 11:17 AM
actually lot of Pakistani fans are happy and hoping that young players like AAMIR and U AKMAL do not go any where near IPL

just see pakpassion for confirmation

Are u sure ? I went to their site and found the contrary .

I have read what Sohail Tanvir had to say about "Hindus" .. really man PCB needs to dig in to their lost self respect and not "stalk" BCCI.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/current/story/445440.html

I have always stated that India should not play Pak and its players not play in India after the Mumbai attacks.According to me its more to do with principle than disliking a country and its people.

What BCCI and Modi is doing is wrong and not morally correct . They should take a clear stand toeing the Government rather than humiliate PCB and the players with these half-*** measures.PCB on its part (after firing Ijaz Butt) needs to look for other avenues of making money rather than depend on India.

Miraz
January 22, 2010, 02:46 PM
Modi is a wicked businessman. IPL was losing global attention and there was huge pressure on the administrators to make the 3rd edition a success after a relatively mediocre 2nd edition.

Modi brought new life to IPL through this drama. He has got enormous free publicity and the media attention which IPL was lacking. This has nothing to do with cricket. This is business. He has taken advantage of the political situation.

indianx
January 22, 2010, 04:08 PM
Modi is a wicked businessman. IPL was losing global attention and there was huge pressure on the administrators to make the 3rd edition a success after a relatively mediocre 2nd edition.

Modi brought new life to IPL through this drama. He has got enormous free publicity and the media attention which IPL was lacking. This has nothing to do with cricket. This is business. He has taken advantage of the political situation.

I agree that he is a good businessman who would like to attract more publicity and attention to the IPL. The IPL has just completed a deal with Google to stream all the matches on Youtube for free. That's the sort of thing he does.

I doubt a conspiracy to exclude Pakistani players is an effective publicity stunt. It might make news in the subcontinent (although I doubt Sri Lanka or for that matter, Bangladesh, is really concerned with this), but it won't affect too many people in England, West Indies, Australia, etc. Besides, I don't think Modi is in a position to dictate to people like Mukesh Ambani which players they can or cannot buy.

Neel Here
January 23, 2010, 02:59 AM
agree with u.

rafi bhai, modi is a kid compared to the people who own the franchises, it's literally the who's who of India's powerful corporate world.
mumbai Indians : mukesh ambani (richest Indian and 7th richest person worldwide),
RCB : vijay mallya (owns a formula 1 team, an airline, 2 national football clubs and a liqour empire)
KXIP : ness wadia (wadia group) also Md ali jinnah's great grandson ! :)
DD : KP singh (DLF group)

and so on.

modi has no power to order these people around, it's their own business decision not to opt for pakistani players.

even yesterday pak PM gilani has said that he gives NO guarantee that another terrorist attack on India from pakistani soil won't happen. do you think if another mumbai attack happens, pak players will play in India for IPL ?
why would the franchise owners want to waste millions of $$$ on them in that case ?

Surfer
January 23, 2010, 03:24 AM
Now Ijaz Butt has declared that he will lodge an official complaint with the ICC and that he will personally speak to the ICC officials.

Neel Here
January 23, 2010, 04:01 AM
that man makes a mockery of pakistan cricket. earlier he goes, better for PCB.

to take shardul bhai's example, it's like complaining to the school principal because your friend didn't call you to his b'day bash.

abdulrahee
January 23, 2010, 07:18 AM
i know that IJAZ butt is making a mockery of pakistan cricket like
but i m surprised at all indian fans who after just watching their own tv's say that PAK is involved in MUMBAI ATTACK and did not say that they are involved in most of the terrorist attack through their strong base in AFGHANISTAN

abdulrahee
January 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
Are u sure ? I went to their site and found the contrary .

you go to PAKPASSION after auction and find that people are angry but they are not angry at players not participating in IPL they are angry at the way they have been treated

Surfer
January 23, 2010, 10:41 AM
that man makes a mockery of pakistan cricket. earlier he goes, better for PCB.

to take shardul bhai's example, it's like complaining to the school principal because your friend didn't call you to his b'day bash.

That's a perfect example. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bharat
January 23, 2010, 12:57 PM
i know that IJAZ butt is making a mockery of pakistan cricket like
but i m surprised at all indian fans who after just watching their own tv's say that PAK is involved in MUMBAI ATTACK and did not say that they are involved in most of the terrorist attack through their strong base in AFGHANISTAN

:lol:

abdulrahee
January 23, 2010, 01:33 PM
I also laugh when only after 10 hours of Mumbai attack indian channels created the whole films of Pakistani militants taking off from Karachi and terrorizing Indians with back ground music too

bharat
January 24, 2010, 01:30 AM
I also laugh when only after 10 hours of Mumbai attack indian channels created the whole films of Pakistani militants taking off from Karachi and terrorizing Indians with back ground music too

This argument will go nowhere ! If you want to believe that Indian's orchestrated an attack to malign Pakistan ..good for you .You need understand that Pakistan is not such an important country for India to shoot itself in the foot .

But again lets not fight it out it out in this forum .Lets stick to the topic .According to me India nor Indian franchises owe nothing to Pakistan or its cricketers .If they want to work with the Indians they rather listen to its concerns else they can go their way ...why stalk ?

abdulrahee
January 24, 2010, 02:19 AM
simple English please
can't understand that

Surfer
January 24, 2010, 02:37 AM
This argument will go nowhere ! If you want to believe that Indian's orchestrated an attack to malign Pakistan ..good for you .You need understand that Pakistan is not such an important country for India to shoot itself in the foot .

But again lets not fight it out it out in this forum .Lets stick to the topic .According to me India nor Indian franchises owe nothing to Pakistan or its cricketers .If they want to work with the Indians they rather listen to its concerns else they can go their way ...why stalk ?

Precisely. That's exactly why I have been quiet.

bharat
January 24, 2010, 02:37 AM
simple English please
can't understand that

Too bad !

abdulrahee
January 24, 2010, 06:11 AM
why it is bad .. when peoples like rafail nadal ,china's president and many more don't know english
it is only in sub continent that we feel guilty if we don't know english

_Rafi_
January 25, 2010, 04:59 AM
Shahrukh Miah ki bolte chai..
http://www.cricinfo.com/ipl2010/content/current/story/445702.html

Neel Here
January 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
damage control.

arnoldclab
January 27, 2010, 01:01 AM
it's is not a good news for an ipl ,dont mix politics with sports,as a sports man spirit they are also deserve to play in ipl evry time we are open minded,i know the trerrorism is a huge matter we aare facing today around the world.we dont blame on all pakistani if u r thought like thie what we are though about hindu terrorist.

Kamnew
January 29, 2010, 08:18 PM
Please explain this: On one hand SRK says he and dada were keen on Razzak, on the other hand they pick only Bond. Who is lying here?

Fazal
February 1, 2010, 05:17 PM
Please explain this: On one hand SRK says he and dada were keen on Razzak, on the other hand they pick only Bond. Who is lying here?

.... Danguly Da may be

One World
February 19, 2010, 10:35 PM
It was a disappointment that IPL got mixed up with politics and Shahrukh became a culprit which cost him professionally for the movie MNIK. It should have never taken place.

_Rafi_
June 7, 2010, 02:50 PM
rafi bhai, modi is a kid compared to the people who own the franchises, it's literally the who's who of India's powerful corporate world.
mumbai Indians : mukesh ambani (richest Indian and 7th richest person worldwide),
RCB : vijay mallya (owns a formula 1 team, an airline, 2 national football clubs and a liqour empire)
KXIP : ness wadia (wadia group) also Md ali jinnah's great grandson ! :)
DD : KP singh (DLF group)

and so on.

modi has no power to order these people around, it's their own business decision not to opt for pakistani players.

even yesterday pak PM gilani has said that he gives NO guarantee that another terrorist attack on India from pakistani soil won't happen. do you think if another mumbai attack happens, pak players will play in India for IPL ?
why would the franchise owners want to waste millions of $$$ on them in that case ?
I think you were wrong there. Shahrukh khan actually wanted Pak players but compelled by Modi and Co not to include. Plus recent controversy proved how powerfull Modi was
p.s. sorry for late reply Neel vai.

Neel Here
June 8, 2010, 11:18 AM
I think you were wrong there. Shahrukh khan actually wanted Pak players but compelled by Modi and Co not to include. Plus recent controversy proved how powerfull Modi was
p.s. sorry for late reply Neel vai.
modi is powerful but not powerful enough to take on these guys, that's what I said. it's all business to people like him. the franchise owners too care only about the money they get. so please explain why modi would want to stop pak players from playing in IPL ? he is not a politician. why would he play politics ? what's in it for him ? his kind of people don't act without some self-interest. in fact you may not know that it was modi who thrashed out the problems with izaz butt and got the pak players to feature in the IPL bid in the first place.
he has no control over who the franchises bid for. as for SRK, could be that he and ganguly wanted to get some pak players but if the franchise owners collectively took a decision not to (reason explained in earlier post) he is too small to pi$$ them off by breaking that decision.

_Rafi_
June 8, 2010, 01:09 PM
Lalit Modi actually has BJP backup. I think thats the answer of all your question.

Ajfar
June 8, 2010, 01:15 PM
so what happened to the addition of new teams? or is that for IPL 4?

Neel Here
June 8, 2010, 11:15 PM
Lalit Modi actually has BJP backup. I think thats the answer of all your question.
modi is closer to congress actually although he has relations with all major parties in western India.
but again, his involvement with political parties is minimal and is limited to personal relations with the politicians than anything else.
you really shouldn't make comments about topics which you are not aware of. :)

_Rafi_
June 9, 2010, 12:30 AM
Then what was the relation between Basundara Raje and Lalit? And why congress brough allegation against BJP for favouring Lalit during Rajsthan election?

Neel Here
June 9, 2010, 01:25 AM
Then what was the relation between Basundara Raje and Lalit? And why congress brough allegation against BJP for favouring Lalit during Rajsthan election?

it is a personal relation, not a political one. At the time of the IPL launch, Modi was at the peak of his powers in Rajasthan. Sources said Modi’s phenomenal rise in cricket is in part owing to his proximity to former Rajasthan chief minister Vasundhara Raje, who is from the Gwalior royal family. Modi’s ties with the Gwalior royals go back a long way — his grandmother and Raje’s mother were close friends.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100415/jsp/nation/story_12341408.jsp

if you insist that modi was close to bjp you will have a VERY hard time explaining how the congress and allies controlled BCCI(led by sharad pawar from congress ally NCP) gave a whole lot of power to modi to run the IPL ! :D
you should also explain why the new franchises were allotted to cities in congress and communist ruled states and not in bjp model state gujrat. :D

as I said earlier, is limited to personal relations with the politicians than anything else.

lastly, do you really want to discuss India's murky politics in this thread ? :timeout:

_Rafi_
June 9, 2010, 04:53 AM
No I dont want to discuss this issue anymore. This is a never ending issue plus I have my exam coming. So its better study instead googling Modi.

Neel Here
June 9, 2010, 05:02 AM
best of luck ! :up:

BANFAN
July 5, 2010, 05:10 AM
why it is bad .. when peoples like rafail nadal ,china's president and many more don't know english
it is only in sub continent that we feel guilty if we don't know english

They don't come to English language forums or they may come with interpreters.
You can have one too ;)

One World
August 10, 2010, 09:27 PM
This time KKR steps in with another controversy!

Some early IPL buzz: KKR to sign up Pak pacer Irfan, seven feet plusIndianexpress, G S Vivek, 11 August 2010
His height, a little over 7 ft, will be talked about for as long as he plays. But Mohammad Irfan, left-arm seamer from Pakistan, is making news for another reason. Kolkata Knight Riders have, on the recommendation of bowling consultant Wasim Akram, decided to sign up the 28-year-old for IPL 4.
At 7'1", Irfan is the tallest player in the history of first-class cricket, taller than Joel Garner and Curtly Ambrose, both 6'8".
"They (KKR) asked me to come to Sri Lanka on their exposure trip after Wasimbhai recommended me. They were impressed with my performance...," Irfan told The Indian Express. He is yet to play for Pakistan, and can be signed up directly by KKR, bypassing the auction process.
KKR operations manager Jaydeep Mukherjee said, "He is a tearaway quick. He has signed for us and played in four matches during our exposure trip in Sri Lanka... Our coach Dav Whatmore was very impressed and offered him a contract."
Irfan said everyone in his family is about the same height as him. "I have five brothers, and when we all go out on the street, people stare. I may look scary, but I am very seedha saadha."

arbaba
September 3, 2010, 06:42 AM
higher probability of seeing bangladeshi players in the ipl though they are likely to be sidelined for most of the tournament.

PeterBoy
November 13, 2010, 01:03 AM
this is not good news. i think without pakistani players IPL is incomplete.
IPL should allow them to play.

Bond
November 13, 2010, 02:45 PM
With all the match fixing controversy and death threats it's a good decision, I think Pakistan should be banned from playing cricket. The players are making their country look bad. Very disgraceful.

khan28
October 14, 2011, 06:18 AM
For the third time in a row, the Pakistan players have been snubbed by the Indian Premier League, which means there will be no Pak players in the next season (2012)of the T20 league.

Dilscoop
October 14, 2011, 05:12 PM
That's great!

F6_Turbo
October 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
It's unfortunate but what with the cheating and the war mongering you can understand why India as a whole isn't falling head over heels for Pakistani players.