PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies

Hasib
January 11, 2004, 01:19 AM
I was just wondering what are your Hobbies?

Mine are: -
1. Cricket
2. Cricket statistition
3. Stamp Collecting
4. Reading
5. Computer Games
6. Web Publishing
7 Board Games

Nasif
January 12, 2004, 04:17 AM
Mine would be:
1. Watching Bangladesh play Cricket
2. Circuit design
3. Reading books, bangla or english
4. Browsing net, banglacricket.com and others
5. Watching Friends, Everybody loves Raymond, Enterprise, Smallville, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brian etc.
6. Watching movies on DVD (english, hindi) with extremely loud volume in surround sound of DTS/DD :o
7. Also, programming.

oracle
January 12, 2004, 03:23 PM
I also collect stamps, since I was 7 years old. But nowadays not a fulltime hobby. Would like to get back to it.
2. Collecting matchboxes-hotel/restaurants etc.
3. Checking out airforce/aircraft images. Hooked on it since Shaheen School days.
4. Eating.:)

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by oracle]

Navarene
January 12, 2004, 05:27 PM
1. Cricket
2. Watching people on the street
3. Romance (detest to be a monogamous):love:

fab
January 12, 2004, 09:00 PM
Watching people on the street..? Do you just sit down on a park bench or at a cafe and observe people? hmm interesting hobby!

My latest addiction is playing chess against the computer. Other hobbies are reading of course, watching movies (not many hollywood movies, mainly like arthouse or british stuff), i like bush walking, play tennis, used to play the piano but don't have time now due to work and study commitments.

Navarene
January 12, 2004, 09:13 PM
hey feb! yeah..it's really interesting to watch people, their gesture, way of movement etc. about reading, i never considered it as my hobby since reading is the part of my life, like breathing or eating or having sex. anyway, i'm also a big time chess freak. I'd better love a human brain as my opponent instead of machine to interact & play. i play online chess with people from different part in yahoo game, so why don't you sometimes join me in yahoo & see if you could thrash my king with your rook & pawns etc..just kidding :)

fab
January 12, 2004, 09:25 PM
Naverene - sure I'll take up your offer on chess. However I must admit that I'm not very good at it, so you may get bored.

Hasib - You like board games.. Have you played Cranium? I played it with my friends a couple of weeks ago and had an absolute ball (it's great to see them making fools of themselves!)

James90
January 13, 2004, 07:56 AM
Fab- I got cranium :lol: it's way kool!

Hasib-
I like following cricket
Watching cricket
Listening to cricket
Playing cricket
Writing cricket
Collecting cricket cards
Yeah, that's pretty much it

Hasib
January 14, 2004, 08:20 AM
Fab- I didn't know what it was but asked James.

Have you heard of Battlefeild?

Dhruvo
August 4, 2007, 02:09 PM
Here are mine:
1:watching cricket and playing it
2:watching national geographics and discovery sceine
3:playing games ,cricket and football with my egyptian ,palestinian and pakistani freinds
4:story writing and poems
5:singing in the toilet:D also singing out side
6:going to school, well it is not a hobby but a prisonment nah... just kidding
7:making friends
8:learning about the space

these are my favourite hobbies.
people and members please don't think the numbers as the ranks thank you

Ahmed_B
August 4, 2007, 02:27 PM
Hmm a very old thread dug up..

Well.. everyone (me too) has some usual hobbies like watching movies or travelling or music. But there is also another thing that interests me a lot: Observing all sorts of people... both in real life and in net. I just love to find the differences in how different people talk, think, get happy or angry or react so very differently in situations. I just dont observe that... I try to know why someone is behaving differently than others in any situation. Sometimes it gives me a lot of fun... sometimes makes me angry when i find out the real reason.. sometimes it surprises me and teaches me a lot about my own self too.

Its not something I do intentionally... people's behavior and the inherent reasons behind those just gets my attension quite naturally! Yes.. I will call this my hobby for sure! :)

ammark
August 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
Ahmed bhai - behaviourial psychologist from the university of life? My mum would be proud if I followed her footsteps into that line like you :)

My hobbies: Reading up on current affairs, history, politics, trade-commerce-economics, dabbling with computers, and banglacricket of course ;)

goru
August 4, 2007, 02:43 PM
1. pr0n collecting

Nothing more, really.

Rajowana
August 4, 2007, 02:51 PM
My hobbies
1.Watching Cricket
2.Chatting on Msn
3.Listening to music
4.Playing football &cricket
5.Reading
6.Surfing on net
7.Watching Scary movies at night
8.And eating chocolates!!!lolz

Ahmed_B
August 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
and banglacricket of course ;)
you remembered to mention that!
But hasn't it already become something 'more than hobby' to most of us? :)

ammark
August 4, 2007, 03:15 PM
But hasn't it already become something 'more than hobby' to most of us? :)

You're right. Its an addiction now.

Rajowana
August 4, 2007, 03:35 PM

yepp true lolz

Dhruvo
August 4, 2007, 03:38 PM
it is my life now.

Ehsan
August 4, 2007, 03:42 PM
it is my life now.

Save this line for your future gf or wife. ;)

Sovik
August 4, 2007, 06:10 PM
first it starts as hobby and become addiction. like cricket, banglacricket. i need to get a new hobby now

Sohel
August 4, 2007, 08:26 PM
1. Reading novels, journals and selected non-fiction.
2. Writing.
3. Travelling.
4. Running, boating, surfing, Kendo and lately, golf.
5. Listening to music.
6. Cinema.
7. Following sports such as cricket, MLB and the NHL.
8. Cooking for and dining with friends of all ages.

Antora
August 5, 2007, 01:30 AM
my hobbies:
playing the guiter
photography
swimming
playing/watchin cricket
playing batminton& tennis
SHOPPING!!!!
making new friends
chatting on MSN!!!
listening to music
and i think.........thats about it..........
oh wait!! i forgot to mention cooking!!!! :D

Bengaliprince176
August 5, 2007, 07:17 AM
hey feb! yeah..it's really interesting to watch people, their gesture, way of movement etc. about reading, i never considered it as my hobby since reading is the part of my life, like breathing or eating or having sex. anyway, i'm also a big time chess freak. I'd better love a human brain as my opponent instead of machine to interact & play. i play online chess with people from different part in yahoo game, so why don't you sometimes join me in yahoo & see if you could thrash my king with your rook & pawns etc..just kidding :)

a very, very honest and open point there LOL. im a typical teenage guy, im not gonna bore everyone with my hobbies as it is too predictable, music, video games, movies, sport etc.

Aritro
August 6, 2007, 07:18 AM
I've started kickboxing lately.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Not only an excellent way to get fit, but it also allows you to get your frustrations out onto the punching bag.

It also teaches you effective methods for kicking arse. ;)