PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver 2010- Winter Olympics

Pages : [1] 2

Bancan
December 17, 2009, 04:43 PM
Well Its only a few months away. Can't wait till the hockey gold medal game. Hopefully Canada wins gold. The torch relay is reached Toronto today. Great stuff.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1c/Vancouver_2010_logo.svg/200px-Vancouver_2010_logo.svg.png

AsifTheManRahman
December 17, 2009, 04:45 PM
Hoping to be at the Kitchener City Hall when the torch comes to town.

And yeah, the hockey gold medal is ours.

FagunerAgun
December 18, 2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah! waiting for it specially for Al Pine skiing and Hockey.
But I got a bad taste as they messed up in torch bearing.

Beamer
December 18, 2009, 02:53 PM
I will be watching the hockey for sure. Don't have any rooting interest. Probably will end up supporting teams with most Pens on it. Canada first, Russia second , US third probably..

cricman
December 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
Olympic Hockey is the most entertaining Hockey in the World, no commercials, no stoppages. Much more Up tempo, You get to see the brilliance on both ends.

Ofcourse the Main Event Ladies Figure Skating too bad Michelle Kwan decided not to try one more time.

Ashraf-FTP
December 18, 2009, 10:26 PM
Patrick Chan will be good to watch.. i saw the torch today :D and even took a few pics of it.. it was great!!!

my dad wants togo to Vancouver to wath the games, lets see if we can make it...

Nocturnal
December 19, 2009, 12:55 AM
lets go Vancouver in Feb and while you are there next you can visit Calgary too :)

Beamer
December 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
lets go Vancouver in Feb and while you are there next you can visit Calgary too :)

My sis and brother-in-law lives in Calgary bro..

Nocturnal
December 19, 2009, 02:18 PM
My sis and brother-in-law lives in Calgary bro..

that's good to know Beamer bhai. wonderful city, just gets too cold sometimes!! :)

Ashraf-FTP
December 19, 2009, 03:13 PM
sure i would love to.. my cousins are coming over from France and maybe we will go with them :D

Beamer
December 30, 2009, 02:14 PM
Canada just announced their roster. Not too many surprises, though the likes of Bergeron, Morrow making it was a bit of a surprise. Phaneuf, Jay Bo, Green missed it as well. This Doughty must be real good. I think Pronger got in on reputation. He hasn't been that good. Scary line projections :
Nash-Crosby-Iginla
Heatley- Thornton- Marleau
Perry-Getzlaf-Eric Staal
Bergeron-Richards-Morrow
Toews.

Ashraf-FTP
January 28, 2010, 10:58 PM
The games are starting on the 10th.. Even though not much interest from BC members, i cant wait :D

looking forward to snowboarding, hockey and carling..

Ajfar
January 29, 2010, 12:50 AM
carling..

so what do curler (if that's what they are called) practice all day long?? who can sweep the fastest??

Ashraf-FTP
January 29, 2010, 09:45 AM
so what do curler (if that's what they are called) practice all day long?? who can sweep the fastest??
yes :D

the sweeping and the throwing (is that wat they are called??).. My dad calls it a life size version of keramboard :P

Zeeshan
February 11, 2010, 11:45 PM
Am I the only one who is NOT excited about it? After all brothers dont participate in winter olympics. :-|

Bancan
February 12, 2010, 12:05 AM
Am I the only one who is NOT excited about it? After all brothers dont participate in winter olympics. :-|

Actually...Jamaica has skiers in the games. Interested?

Zeeshan
February 12, 2010, 12:09 AM
Actually...Jamaica has skiers in the games. Interested?

haha...wasn't there a movie about a jamaican bobsledding team?

Bancan
February 12, 2010, 12:11 AM
haha...wasn't there a movie about a jamaican bobsledding team?

ya, saw a clip somewhere

kalpurush
February 12, 2010, 05:39 PM
Vancouver Winter Olympic 2010 starts in less than three hours...here is the CTV theme song: "I Believe" by Nikki. Very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v0o27BPIIk</EMBED></EMBED></EMBED></EMBED>

Bancan
February 12, 2010, 06:24 PM
Luger from Georgia died during a practice run few hours ago. Sad news.

RIP

Akib
February 12, 2010, 08:51 PM
Sad to see a death. He worked so hard to get there and to be killed network hours before is quite tragic. Hopefully there will be a moment of silence during the ceremony. Sometimes it's easy too lose sight of how dangerous these sports can get.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Kabir
February 12, 2010, 09:22 PM
http://www.goingwimax.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2010_Winter_Olympics_logo.png

What a moment. Watching it live right now. I missed out heavily on this, could have gone there, but didn't have the ability to make early plans.

Obayed bhai is in Vancouver. I'm hoping some of our members have been able to make it there. Please share your experiences, photos, videos, or anything else you have for the Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010.

Follow the Olympics here: http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Kabir
February 12, 2010, 09:28 PM
Let us also pay respect to Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili, who died today while practicing. Kumaritashvili was coming around the final 270-degree turn, where speeds approach 140 kilometres an hour, when he flipped off his sled and flew into a metal pole.

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/luge/story/2010/02/12/spo-luge-georgian-alert.html

From what I know, this is only the second Olympian to die during Olympics? Is that true?

Zeeshan
February 12, 2010, 09:28 PM
RIP Nodar. May God rest his soul in peace.

Kabir
February 12, 2010, 09:43 PM
Damn...apologies for the duplicate thread. Thanks for the merge.

Wondering - if Ghana can make it to Olympics, why not Bangladesh? ;)

Zeeshan
February 12, 2010, 09:44 PM
Damn...apologies for the duplicate thread. Thanks for the merge.

Whatever....you knew it beforehand. kdpp :mad:

lol did it start already? nbc here is not broadcasting it...yet.

Kabir
February 12, 2010, 09:50 PM
Whatever....you knew it beforehand. kdpp :mad:

lol did it start already? nbc here is not broadcasting it...yet.

What's NBC? The only channel we watch is CTV.

Kdpp ;)

Bancan
February 12, 2010, 10:01 PM
Love the spirit of the games. This is such a great occasion.

AsifTheManRahman
February 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
Most Lugers are having trouble on these tracks. Quite a few flew off or hit a pole during practice.

Bancan
February 12, 2010, 10:19 PM
I just want to say this about Canada. We are one of the most welcoming and nicest nation . I am proud to be Canadian, just as I am to be Bangladeshi.

Akib
February 12, 2010, 10:23 PM
When the Georgian team came in, that was a touching moment. They all took their hats off, and they got a standing ovation. Must be tough for them to be there, hours after there friend died.

Zeeshan
February 12, 2010, 10:39 PM
Just watched the luging practise recorded earlier...makes one wonder should this be taken off given two deaths came from exact same sport. One of the most dangerous sport ever. :(

Bancan
February 12, 2010, 11:12 PM
This is simply amazing. This speech was awesome

AsifTheManRahman
February 12, 2010, 11:55 PM
Steve Nash Steve Nash!!!

AsifTheManRahman
February 12, 2010, 11:56 PM
Wayne Gretzky Wayne Gretzky!!!

Bancan
February 13, 2010, 12:06 AM
Damn one of the hydraulics failed.

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2010, 12:09 AM
I don't think they could have picked a better person to light the outer torch. Wayne Gretzky is the father of hockey, that's what he is.

Bancan
February 13, 2010, 12:17 AM
I don't think they could have picked a better person to light the outer torch. Wayne Gretzky is the father of hockey, that's what he is.

And we are gonna win Gold. Can you imagine this country if we win the Gold medal in hockey. This whole nation is going to party.

Akib
February 13, 2010, 12:18 AM
And we are gonna win Gold. Can you imagine this country if we win the Gold medal in hockey. This whole nation is going to party.

Its gold or bust. Nothing less is expected. Will be a fun party :D

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2010, 12:43 AM
I'll go as far as saying that the gold medal in hockey is all that matters. A silver medal in hockey and nothing else will matter.

Ajfar
February 13, 2010, 01:10 AM
I"m so excited for curling. Watching men brushing the ice with a broom in front of an oversized hockey puck is one of the greatest thing I have seen.

kalpurush
February 13, 2010, 07:10 AM
I"m so excited for curling. Watching men brushing the ice with a broom in front of an oversized hockey puck is one of the greatest thing I have seen.
Are you really?!

I love to play curling. When I was in Winnipeg, I used to play every week. Playing curling is a great fun. It looks very easy to play but not.

kalpurush
February 13, 2010, 07:16 AM
What a moment. Watching it live right now. I missed out heavily on this, could have gone there, but didn't have the ability to make early plans.

Obayed bhai is in Vancouver. I'm hoping some of our members have been able to make it there. Please share your experiences, photos, videos, or anything else you have for the Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010.

Follow the Olympics here: http://www.vancouver2010.com/
Imran - upni choley ashen. Moja hobey besh.

I am planning to catch up some excitement next week as I am very busy with my work this week!

kalpurush
February 13, 2010, 07:24 AM
Most Lugers are having trouble on these tracks. Quite a few flew off or hit a pole during practice.
The Whistler one is the fasted one in the world. Nodar was at 144 KM when he hit the poll.

May Allah rest his soul in peace.

Tigers_eye
February 13, 2010, 08:49 AM
Russia is too strong in Hockey.

Watched part of the openning ceremony. Very very high tech.

My best part was the whales and Salmon show. Amazing.

Beamer
February 13, 2010, 11:16 AM
Russia is too strong in Hockey.

Watched part of the openning ceremony. Very very high tech.

My best part was the whales and Salmon show. Amazing.

Russians have great firepower. Not sure about their defense though.

Canada is the strongest team in every position. Its on paper though. We shall see.

Swedes are very strong as well.

Ajfar
February 13, 2010, 11:47 AM
Are you really?!

I love to play curling. When I was in Winnipeg, I used to play every week. Playing curling is a great fun. It looks very easy to play but not.

lol i'm sure its really fun playing, but not watching. how did that become an olympic sport?? i tried watching it during the last winter olympic, those 5 minutes were very painful

Nocturnal
February 13, 2010, 12:44 PM
I'll go as far as saying that the gold medal in hockey is all that matters. A silver medal in hockey and nothing else will matter.

agreed!

FagunerAgun
February 13, 2010, 01:34 PM
The opening ceremony was spell bound.
I was glued to the tv screen.
Go Canaucks Go.
Now I will be much happier with more gold and silvers, specially with a 'pedani' to the fatso Yankees in Ice Hockey.

Ashraf-FTP
February 13, 2010, 01:46 PM
Luge is so dangerous. When I first heard tthe news, I thought he was just injured, wont be dead. But its a really sad news. And georgia only had 9 athletes, and now they have 8 :(

The minute of silence was touching. Hopefully some luger will dedicate their gold to him :)

And Curling is awesome :D

And hockey = sure gold for Canada, otherwise there will be some assassinations

FagunerAgun
February 13, 2010, 03:52 PM
Luge officials are grilled, they are being probed.

cricman
February 13, 2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.thehockeyblog.com/thehockeyblog/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/oly_full.56165426tl136_ice_hockey_ol.jpg

Thats who's winning the Gold, unless Ryan Miller can pull off a few miracles.

Gretzky Knows, the King is gonna repeat

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/15/6d47b87f76a489244a0b535.jpg

Return of Jagr and Forsberg :) too

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2010, 08:08 PM
Our hotties are making pancakes and maple syrup out of the Slovakian ladies as we speak.

Ashraf-FTP
February 13, 2010, 08:39 PM
lmao. Slovakia getting pwnd. Really sad. 7-0 after the 1st period :-P

The Slovakian GM should resign right now

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2010, 09:12 PM
Well in momen's hockey it's always all about Canada and the USA. Everyone else sucks.

Men's hockey is more competitive though. Screw the NHL, this is far more intense. This is what it's all about - the gold medal in Olympic hockey.

Bancan
February 13, 2010, 09:17 PM
Thats who's winning the Gold, unless Ryan Miller can pull off a few miracles.

Return of Jagr and Forsberg :) too

Sweden might make the finals. But LOL at USA. Sorry not happening.

AsifTheManRahman
February 13, 2010, 09:48 PM
Sweden might make the finals. But LOL at USA. Sorry not happening.
Exactly. Ryan who?

Sohel
February 13, 2010, 11:44 PM
Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk and about 6 other Russian forwards represent one of the greatest attacks in hockey history. That said, one must play solid defense and make clutch saves also. Then there's the team spirit factor.

My heart's with, in order:

1. USA
2. Canada
3. Sweden

My money's with:

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Jaromir Republic.

Nocturnal
February 14, 2010, 02:28 AM
surprised to know that Pakistan participating in Winter Olympics for the first time!!
are they playing hockey .... lol

Sohel
February 14, 2010, 05:49 AM
Both India and Pakistan have skiers. The Indians from the special mountain unit of their Army. The Pakistani skier didn't look military.

FagunerAgun
February 14, 2010, 09:53 AM
Sad to see Canada lost gold to US in women's mogul.
But Canadian ladies are too much for Slovakian ladies in Ice hockey, 18-0, is a record in Olympics.
Seems to me this women's team can beat up Slovakia's men's Ice hockey team.

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2010, 01:01 PM
Sad to see Canada lost gold to US in women's mogul.

I was looking forward to Jenn Heil bagging the first gold medal ever at home. But she lost to a tremendous run by the American skiier - that was actually one heck of a final.

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 05:38 PM
cindy klassen :(

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 06:06 PM
Wooo Bronze for kristina.

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2010, 08:45 PM
Holy...the men's moguls are insane!

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 08:56 PM
Holy...the men's moguls are insane!

Dont you just wanna go to Blue mountain and try that. It looks soo sick.

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2010, 09:04 PM
Canadian men on fire! Oh boy oh boy...could this be it? The first gold medal at home?

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2010, 09:06 PM
Dont you just wanna go to Blue mountain and try that. It looks soo sick.
Dude I'd fall on my bum like sixty times trying that being the novice that I am! Every winter I snowboard/ski a few times and I do it just for fun, so by the time the next winter comes I have to start all over again.

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2010, 09:16 PM
What the heck was that?! Alex Bilodeaou!!

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 09:17 PM
please dont be like yesterday....the last skier taking our gold...please please

cmon gold cmon gold

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2010, 09:18 PM
Fingers crossed...

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 09:19 PM
my heart poudning

AsifTheManRahman
YESSSSSS!!! yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bancan
Golddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

AsifTheManRahman
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 09:21 PM
Woohooooooooooo. Canada baby

Bancan
February 14, 2010, 09:26 PM
33 yearsssss baby...33 years wait has come to an end.

Nocturnal
February 15, 2010, 01:15 AM
Canada's Gold Medalist!!
Alexandre Bilodeau- Freestyle Skiing

http://www.vancouver2010.com/api/athlete/1012843/photo/large.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>Height</th><td>173 cm (5' 8")</td></tr> <tr><th>Weight</th><td>76 kg (168 lbs)</td></tr> <tr><th>Date of Birth</th><td>September 8, 1987</td></tr> <tr><th>Age</th><td>22</td></tr> <tr><th>Nationality</th><td>Canada</td></tr> <tr><th>Birthplace</th><td>Canada</td></tr> <tr><th>Club</th><td>St. Sauveur Freestyle Ski Club: Canada</td></tr> <tr><th>Coach</th><td>Dominick Gauthier (Canadian Freestyle Ski Association, 22 Oct 2009)</td></tr> <tr><th>Other Sports</th><td>Up until 2004, he competed in both aerials and moguls. Upon joining the national development team programme, he chose to pursue a career in moguls. (Canadian Freestyle Ski Association, 03 Jan 2006)</td></tr> <tr><th>Education</th><td>Environmental Science - College Montmorency: Laval, QC, Canada</td></tr></tbody></table>

Nocturnal
February 15, 2010, 01:20 AM
<iframe src ="http://www.vancouver2010.com/widgets/medals-widget/" width="306" height="340" frameborder=0 scrolling="no">
<p><a href="http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/" title="Vancouver 2010 Medals">View the vancouver2010.com medals' table</a></p>
</iframe>

Ashraf-FTP
February 15, 2010, 10:59 AM
The moguls were awesome :D
Alex! Alex! Alex!

we are going to get a few more golds for sure (2-3).

Beamer
February 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
Happy 38th Birthday ! Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4YMcsXRohM&feature=PlayList&p=3226DD4555989D77&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Bancan
February 15, 2010, 01:18 PM
We all know the only team you will be rooting for is the Great North.

FagunerAgun
February 15, 2010, 01:21 PM
Today, Canauk ladies will set another world record in Ice Hockey.
Can't wait to see that.

Beamer
February 15, 2010, 01:35 PM
We all know the only team you will be rooting for is the Great North.

Asking me? Yes..the answer is Yes.

Beamer
February 15, 2010, 01:37 PM
Have to get the DVR ready for games starting tomorrow. Anyone have any idea which US channels are showing the hockey games? NBC,MSNBC, Versus, NHL Network??

Bancan
February 15, 2010, 06:23 PM
Silver. Lost gold by half a snowboard. :(

Ashraf-FTP
February 15, 2010, 07:12 PM
Have to get the DVR ready for games starting tomorrow. Anyone have any idea which US channels are showing the hockey games? NBC,MSNBC, Versus, NHL Network??
NBC.

And the silver was dissapointed. Was expecting a gold.

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2010, 07:52 PM
So I've been catching a bit of women's hockey here and there on CTV, but need to know all the options ahead of the men's competition. Does anyone know if CTV is going to show the games for their entire durations? I know TSN will. Is there any way to catch the games online? I'll be fine if I'm at home - I can catch the games on CTV/TSN, but might have to be out on a few evenings during gametime, so an online link would be nice.

Bancan
February 15, 2010, 08:14 PM
So I've been catching a bit of women's hockey here and there on CTV, but need to know all the options ahead of the men's competition. Does anyone know if CTV is going to show the games for their entire durations? I know TSN will. Is there any way to catch the games online? I'll be fine if I'm at home - I can catch the games on CTV/TSN, but might have to be out on a few evenings during gametime, so an online link would be nice.

http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

bookmark it. great site.

AsifTheManRahman
February 15, 2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks. Lifesaver.

Sohel
February 16, 2010, 04:57 AM
Both USA and Canada ought to dominate their opening matches. Neither the Swiss nor the Norwegians have ever had a notable presence in quality leagues such as the NHL and Swedish or Russian Elite Leagues. Jonas Hiller is the only Swiss to make a name for himself in the NHL, and Norwegian Espen Knutsen showed a bit of promise once before fading away a while ago. Currently, only Red Wings D Ole-Kristian Tollefsen is showing a bit of early promise.

That said, the Swiss have been improving a lot and nobody can forget their upset victory against Canada in Turin. They also tied the Czechs.

I expect Patrick Kane, IMHO the best US forward since Pat LaFontaine, probably the best ever, to overcome his Olympic jitters, get his timing right in the larger arena and score a lot irrespective of opposition. If the secondary lines can chip in when the top line gets clogged up down low against the opposition's top D, we're capable of surprising the top 3: Canada, Russia and Sweden. Rafalski, Whitney and Orpik offer us different looks and great balance defensively, wish Lebda were here, and Chris Drury and Paul Stastny will chase down pucks and win faceoffs. The scrappy elegance of an experienced campaigner such as captain Jamie Langenbrunner and Zach Parise need to contribute with clutch points. Wish Guerin were here. I have faith in Tim Thomas in goal.

We've always been strong in team spirit, defensively and in goal, but we have got to work out all of our issues against the Swiss in order to do our best against Canada next.

Canadians have a formidable lineup with one of the strongest, most admirable defenses in Olympic history. With either Brodeur or Fleury in goal, I don't see too many too many clean shots getting past their solid blue liners (Scott Niedermayer [ :notworthy: ], Chris Pronger and Brent Seabrook) or pucks in the Canadian net. Offensively, Canada boasts some of the most talented young point machines AND best young two-way forwards in the game. Toews, Crosby, Iginla ( :notworthy: ), Thorton, Morrow, Marleau, Staal (wish his brother were here) and Getzlaf ... WOW! If these guys manage to gel together and execute Babcock's brand of speed, two-way-play and puck possession, Yzerman ( :notworthy: ) would do his part off the ice in making that happen, I don't see how anyone can stop them. BTW, not seeing Vincent LeCavalier ( :notworthy: ) in the team has been a shock for me! Is he injured or something????

Only Sweden led by Saint Nick ( :notworthy: ), Junior, Ohlund, Forsberg ( :notworthy: ), Hank, the Sedin twins, Alfredsson and the Mule may match up, but their goaltending is suspect.

Russians have one of the most skilled offense in Olympic history (Malkin [ :notworthy: ], Ovechkin, Datsyuk [ :notworthy: ], Fedorov [ :notworthy: ], Morozov and Kovalchuk WOW!) and a good goalie in Nabokov, but defense? I don't think anybody other than Gonchar can sustain the assault on their defense once the opposition gets past the backchecking from some of the best two-way forwards in the game (Malkin [ :notworthy: ], Datsyuk [ :notworthy: ], Fedorov [ :notworthy: ] and increasingly, Ovechkin).

Beamer
February 16, 2010, 11:32 AM
Nice preview Sohel.

One correction. The rinks are NHL size. Home ice advantage for Canada ( US as well ).

cricman
February 16, 2010, 04:11 PM
Happy 38th Birthday ! Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4YMcsXRohM&feature=PlayList&p=3226DD4555989D77&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

A rarity, a Pens fans that doesn't hate him

He steps his game up in big moments, almost took us all the way had to lose buffalo on a fluke goal.

Watch him take them (Czhek) to the medal round

USA 3-0 2nd period over the Swiss

Beamer
February 16, 2010, 04:44 PM
Almost all Pens fans love him. Not sure where you get your news. He is the second best Pens ever to lace up. What happened towards the end was a result of bad economic times, team shedding salaries, playing Kevin Constantine defensive system, etc etc that led to his departure. He is always a Pens. Won two cups here.

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2010, 09:15 PM
Canadians playing quite the physical game here...

Bancan
February 16, 2010, 10:43 PM
2nd goal.

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:00 AM
USA 3 Switzerland 1

Canada 8 Norway 0 (Iginla 2 goals ... :D)

Russia 3 Latvia 0 16:46 in the 2nd.

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:01 AM
...The rinks are NHL size. Home ice advantage for Canada ( US as well ).

I didn't think they could do that, LOL! No set standards for the IIHF guess, or did they just bag the whole bigger arena concept to follow the NHL standard?

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:44 AM
Latvia scores ... 1-4 Russia.

Lack of defensive organization, lack of good movement in the opposition zone and lack aggression had this coming.

5-1 Russia! Ovechkin gets POed and scores seconds later. 6-1 Russia! They AWL be POed now!!! ... :lol:

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:49 AM
7-1 Russia! ... 3 goals in the space of 2:06 minutes. THAT'S OFFENSE!

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:50 AM
2-7 Latvia ... not just a lane but a highway to shoot through ... :lol:

5 goals in less than 4 minutes ... defense ihokhane boshobash korena!

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:55 AM
Latvians are showing a lot of fight. Russian defense is definitely suspect.

Beamer
February 17, 2010, 01:03 PM
Russia team defense is serious suspect. Canada team defense is stupendous. They collapse on the goalie like a team of vultures, clearing anything loose in a flash. With the four line rolling, and defense like that, only complacency and an opposition goalie stealing the game is the only way Canada loses.

Eager to see Sweden today . They are strong. The war between Czec - Slovakia will be interesting.

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2010, 02:58 PM
<IFRAME src="http://www.vancouver2010.com/widgets/medals-widget/" frameBorder=0 width=306 scrolling=no height=340>
View the vancouver2010.com medals' table (http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/)

</IFRAME>
I hate these kind of medal tables. Gold winners are the winners!! Get a life. Korea is #2.

FagunerAgun
February 17, 2010, 09:23 PM
Canada was so close.
Now overtaken by Korea. Frustrating.

Bancan
February 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
Canada was so close.
Now overtaken by Korea. Frustrating.

Are you talking about the medal standings?Or did I miss some event?

Ashraf-FTP
February 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
I hate these kind of medal tables. Gold winners are the winners!! Get a life. Korea is #2.
They cant be #2, Germany have same gold but more silver. Korea should be 3rd though, Golds the main business.

cricman
February 18, 2010, 03:48 AM
So Jagr looked like the Best player on the Ice today

C. Republic 3 (Jagr 1G, 1A) - Slovokia 1 (Gaborik 1 G)

Sweeden 2 - Germany 0, (Hank with the SO 21 Sv)

Beamer
February 18, 2010, 03:24 PM
Sweden only 2 goals vs Germany? least convincing win among all major teams.

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 08:22 PM
Leading the Swiss by two. Revenge tastes better than Pakistani achar.

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
Switzerland scores, Canada concedes!

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
The Swiss equalize! Drop Brodeur!

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 09:26 PM
Hiller > Brodeur :(

7 minutes to go...can't blink!

Bancan
February 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
Hiller > Brodeur :(

7 minutes to go...can't blink!

:(:(

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 09:40 PM
OT. This is a heart break. :(

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 10:00 PM
Sidney Crosby > Superman

cricman
February 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
Fatso and Sid save Canada

Jonas Hiller stood on his Head

Canada wont be so lucky next game

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 10:04 PM
Defend like this against the Swedes and the Russians and there will be no gold medal.

Bancan
February 18, 2010, 10:06 PM

USA aint playing that good.

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 10:06 PM

Hiller => RESPECT

Beamer
February 18, 2010, 11:12 PM
WoW!! Swiss outplayed Canada tonight. They should hold their head high. Hiller was outstanding. I think Shea Weber is the best defenseman around. Pronger and Niedermeyer are not as good as they used to be. Doughty is a star.

Beamer
February 18, 2010, 11:13 PM

Fatso abar key?

cricman
February 19, 2010, 01:30 AM
Fatso abar key?

Brodour

Russia 1 - Slovokia 0 2nd Intermission

Ovy getting away w/Murder on the ice

Sohel
February 19, 2010, 03:52 AM
USA looked a lot more organized and hungry. Great to see Rafa and Kane score.

Slovaks are awesome! WTG Hossa and Demitra!

Sweden played very well defensively but need to score more. Crosby's sheer desire was the only thing that stood between Canada and Turin Tragedy 2.0. The Swiss cannot be underestimated anymore. That said, Hiller, with some quality saves, made it look closer than it was, but that's hockey.

Jagr's still got it.

Tigers_eye
February 19, 2010, 11:08 AM
They cant be #2, Germany have same gold but more silver. Korea should be 3rd though, Golds the main business.
At that time they were #2.

Beamer
February 19, 2010, 12:03 PM
The hockey just got a lot more interesting. Canada barely beat the Swiss, and now Slovakia takes down Russia. The game between Russia-Czech and US-Canada are going to be all out war.

Beamer
February 19, 2010, 02:14 PM
http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/photos/pictures/evgeni-malkin-visits-sidney-crosby-at-canadas-practice-71.jpg

Spying Geno !

AsifTheManRahman
February 19, 2010, 06:41 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIkgCbljJys&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIkgCbljJys&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bancan
February 19, 2010, 11:35 PM
Gold

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2010, 05:02 PM
Ovechkin's being Ovechkin as we speak.

Beamer
February 21, 2010, 05:43 PM
Ovechkin's being Ovechkin as we speak.
That was the hit of the tournament laid out on Jagr, which lead to the Malkin second goal of the game.What a game though! Russia had a few break aways too which they couldn't burry. Malkin- 3 pts. 2 Goals and an assit on Datsuyk EN.

Beamer
February 21, 2010, 05:45 PM
US-Canada coming up in a few!

Bancan
February 21, 2010, 09:33 PM
"fatso" is an idiot.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
2:10 to go. In the last couple of days I've watched Hiller and Miller play the games of their lives and I've watched Brodeur make a mess of it each time.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2010, 09:56 PM
This might just be Team USA's year. They've done everything right so far in the tournament.

As for us, names mean jack if they can't live up to the hype. Brodeur has been criminal and this defense doesn't look goal medal worthy whatsoever.

Bancan
February 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
This might just be Team USA's year. They've done everything right so far in the tournament.

As for us, names mean jack if they can't live up to the hype. Brodeur has been criminal and this defense doesn't look goal medal worthy whatsoever.
it wasnt even the defense. it was the fatso's dancing on the ice... freaking idiot.

AsifTheManRahman
February 21, 2010, 10:04 PM
It's time to bring in Roberto Luongo. Who do we play now, the Germans?

Bancan
February 21, 2010, 10:38 PM
It's time to bring in Roberto Luongo. Who do we play now, the Germans?

germans...if we win, russians.

Sohel
February 21, 2010, 10:47 PM
MUHAHAHA! ... :lol:

Rafalski's class and accuracy will make you pay. Miller totally justified his start over Tim Thomas. Iginla was contained well and not allowed to fire quality shots. Our guys did an excellent job creating chaos and win. Always a pleasure to beat Canada at their own game. This could be the wake-up call Canada needed. Them Mounties gotta score a lot against the Russians but before that, the Germans won't be easy to beat.

Marty looked nervous trying to do too much.

Looking forward to the Sweden-Finland clash.

Sohel
February 22, 2010, 12:40 AM
1-0 Sweden after 1. Looking tight and organized and creating loads of chances in the process. Lundqivst looking confident and as good as Tommy Salo at his best.

Sohel
February 22, 2010, 02:34 AM
3-0 Sweden. Beautifully done. The defending champs would be VERY tough to beat.

tiger_omar
February 22, 2010, 03:23 AM
This loss was a tough one for Canada. Now they gotta beat Germany on Tuesday and more importantly have a quarter final clash with Russia on Wednesday :-/ Why did they have to lose today why?!? :hairpull:

Beamer
February 22, 2010, 11:55 AM
Canada made it very tough on themselves now. In all probability, they will have to face Russia, and that is something they didn't want at this stage.

USA played like a team. Canada played like a team with many good players, but not so much as a team. However, the difference in the game was Miller vs Brodeaur. Canada outshot USA by a huge margin. Marty is one of the greatest puck handling goalie of all time, yet its his puck handling that led to two goals. Right after Staal tied it 1-1, he cleared the puck like he was at the HR derby. It fell to Rafalski, he skated to an open lane before firing a low shot, which was going wide, but Marty actually deflected it in his own goal! If you are in doubt, just play the puck to the side on the wall, not throw it in the middle. It threw everybody off. His second blunder was when the game was tied 2-2. He mishandled with his poke check, left the crease swimming on the ice and Drury basically had an empty net. You can't give up two questionable goal against anyone, let alone an US team full of their own NHL stars and get away with it.

I also have slight criticsm of Coach Babcock as well. He is one of the best, but his refusal to shorten the bench is a concern. Every team knows who their main horses are but I am not sure if Canada does. Yesterday Ovi-Malkin-Semin line basically played every other shift. Ditto for Kane-Parise-Langenbrunner line. Yet, Babcock continues to roll four lines until very late in the last period when desperation set in. Thats when Canada had their best chances. He also needs to stop changing his linemates that frequently.

Canada is lacking role players for third and fourth lines. You can never underestimate that aspect of the game. Canada is out from gold medal running. That is my assesement. However, game of hockey is strange and anything can happen. Luongo should get ready for the rest of their remaining games.

Beamer
February 22, 2010, 01:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Marty-Brodeur-blows-it-against-the-Americans?urn=nhl,221165

Tigers_eye
February 22, 2010, 05:02 PM
First I thought Russia was the team to beat. Then the Swedes. Then the NHL All star team (Canada). Now US? lol, what a shocker.

cricman
February 22, 2010, 05:26 PM
Sweden is just The Redwings PK Unit and Lundqvist, thats not Fair at all. There the Team to beat. They control everything, Hank doesn't even have to anything he even gets to play a little soccer during the Middle of the game. I'm Starting to think Hank got Gabby injured on Purpose knowing that they'll probably play each other in the QF

United States: Getting that #1 Seed is very Important ... Makes our QF Game a lot easier, as long as we don't get to high we should get into the Medal Round.

Russia: If You thought that Ovy Hit on Jagr was Bad, Ovy is gonna be licking his chops on Sidney come Wed.

Slovokia: Hossa is a Man Possessed, Gabby is getting healthier, that Cut must be Really bad. There obviously dangerous

Czech: I think the Coach finally Realizeed he needs to give Jagr Better Line Mates, the last 5 minutes of that game vs Russia was something.

Russia/Canada Elimination game will be some spectacle

It's Still Any-ones Tournament

USA aint playing that good.

How does it feel to see Burke and Wilson Build a Winner and Still Manage to piss off Leafs Nation?

Exactly. Ryan who?

Maybe You guys should tell Marty this isn't baseball

Ashraf-FTP
February 22, 2010, 07:34 PM
Canada failed yesterday. Marty was playing baseball like kids. Really Dissapointing. I think Luongo should play the rest of the games :(

Sohel
February 22, 2010, 11:31 PM
Great insights Beamer ... :)

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 12:31 AM
I think Luongo should play the rest of the games :(

he is...

lets see how far Team Canada can go now..

Sohel
February 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
@Beamer: Must agree with most of your opinion about Babcock making a mess of it by insisting on those ice times with his 4 lines. That "Bowmanian" system works for the Red Wings because all of its developmental squads follow it in every age group. The Griffins do nothing else just to make sure that the transition to the Red Wings is smooth when one of them gets the call up. Expecting the same system to work with a bunch of super stars who clearly lack unit cohesion because of the short time they've been together is folly. He's also grossly under-utilizing strong two-way players like Iginla and Morrow. Players capable of fulfilling multiple roles. Also, still cannot figure out why LeCavalier, not to mention immensely useful players like the other Staal and Cleary were left out. We didn't need Tkachuk but Canada definitely needed the three I've mentioned.

Anyway, the Canadians seemed to have resolved some of those issues in their 8-2 thrashing of the MIGHTY Germans with Scott Niedermayer, my man Iginla and Crosby scoring twice each, but how they do against a better side like Russia remains to be seen. I expect a high scoring, hard hitting game that can remind us of the Canada Cup classics of the past. Not worried about the Swiss at all because our "no-namers" don't underestimate anybody and always give their 110% for the US of A!

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 11:05 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XjiwBwBL4Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XjiwBwBL4Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Beamer
February 24, 2010, 12:25 PM
Its gonna be an epic game between Russia and Canada. Somebody goes home tonight. Canada may be tired from playing last night, but the ice time was better managed towards the end to save legs for tonight. Besides, Canada needed the game to fine tune their lines. I think they have found the correct combination though judging against Germany is not ideal. But, the dump and chase is so awful to watch sometimes. But, it is Canada's style and they will do it regardless.

The more I see Jonathan Towes, the more impressed I am with him. Blackhawks have a great future.

Latvia almost pulled a miracle. They played an inspired third period to draw level against Czech, but ultimately failed in OT.

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 12:59 PM
It's going to be an epic game indeed and my bet is Canada will go home tonight.

Nocturnal
February 24, 2010, 01:07 PM

what would be the game start time ..I mean Dhaka time? :)
I assume I can watch it sometime tomorrow morning on ESPN. They have very good olympic coverage so far.
Go Canada!!

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 01:16 PM
what would be the game start time ..I mean Dhaka time? :)
I assume I can watch it sometime tomorrow morning on ESPN. They have very good olympic coverage so far.
Go Canada!!
6:30 in the morning.

Fingers crossed. :)

Beamer
February 24, 2010, 01:19 PM

That can happen. But, my money is with Canada tonight. As good as Russia's first line is, they are basically a two line team. If Canada can restrict that super line to a minimum damage, Canada will have the advantage. You can bet on Ovi-Malkin-Semin line for some goals, but how many is the question.

4-2 Canada.

Nocturnal
February 24, 2010, 01:35 PM
6:30 in the morning.

Fingers crossed. :)

Thank You :)

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 05:43 PM
Clara Hughes RESPECT.

4 winter olympic medals, 2 summer olympic medals. Truly one of the greatest athletes and olympians ever.

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 05:49 PM
And she's 38 too!

But true respect goes to Joannie Rochette. She might win a medal tomorrow, but that's secondary.

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 05:58 PM
And she's 38 too!

But true respect goes to Joannie Rochette. She might win a medal tomorrow, but that's secondary.

I agree. Probably going through the hardest time in her life. Losing her mother and performing like that. Amazing.

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 07:38 PM
He scooooooorrrrrreeeessss!!!!

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 07:38 PM
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllll

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
We are hitting hard baby.

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 07:48 PM
This is some intense physical play. Too intense for a heart that's been raped, battered, tortured and crushed so many times by the Bangladesh cricket team.

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 07:55 PM
this is some intense physical play. Too intense for a heart that's been raped, battered, tortured and crushed so many times by the bangladesh cricket team.

goallll

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 07:56 PM
Aijka ogo mangsho diya steak khamu!

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 07:57 PM
RICK NASH!!! Scooooooooorrreeeesssss

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 07:57 PM
Goalllllllllllllllll

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 08:01 PM
Russia is getting hit hardd...phsyically as well. Russia just scored.

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 08:09 PM
4-1 CANAdA

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 08:17 PM
A much more organized and aggressive effort today compared to the US game. The game against Germany helped.

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 08:33 PM
O o o o o o o o o canada 6-1

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 08:34 PM
A much more organized and aggressive effort today compared to the US game. The game against Germany helped.

Partyin tonite?

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 08:39 PM
No party until the gold medal has been won. Nothing else matters.

Zunaid
February 24, 2010, 08:57 PM
No party until the gold medal has been won. Nothing else matters.

shall I post about the party cancellation or you will?

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
shall I post about the party cancellation or you will?
Don't get too ahead of yourself, underdog.

Zunaid
February 24, 2010, 09:23 PM
Don't get too ahead of yourself, underdog.

Don't you know we live for the miracle on ice?

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 09:27 PM
:)

Gotta give it to Team USA though - Miller played the game of his life the other night.

And now I PWN myself:
Go lose in cricket you Bangy!

ialbd
February 24, 2010, 09:50 PM
semi-final it is..... :)

so who are we playing in the semis?

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 09:53 PM
Sweden unless Slovakia pulls off a miracle. And if we manage to win that, then probably Team USA in the finals.

Tough run.

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 10:07 PM
Gold and silverrrrr wooohoooooooo

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 10:09 PM
4 Medals today..woooooooo

Bancan
February 24, 2010, 10:11 PM
█ ♥ █

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 10:16 PM
4 Medals today..woooooooo
The second half of the games was always going to be good. That's this week.

As for hockey, Sweden, Canada, USA and Finland all have pretty good chances of making the finals. Beating Russia was nice, but it ain't over 'til it's over because one bad day and you're done. E.g. who would have thought Brodeur would play baseball in the rink?

Sohel
February 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
USA beat the scrappy Swiss and it wasn't as easy as expected, but the ultimate outcome of the game was never in doubt.

Canada came together and Russia's defensive issues, lack of unit cohesion, and Ovechkin's propensity to turn the puck over in his own zone were duly punished by a superior team, period. As aggressive as he is, those errors continue to demonstrate how far he still has to go before becoming a premier two-way player like Datsyuk or Malkin. I liked Crosby's desire to become strong defensively.

I think Canada will continue to get stronger and hope that we'll face off in the finals, and have the opportunity to get revenge for Salt Lake City.

Zunaid
February 24, 2010, 10:30 PM
I think Canada will continue to get stronger and hope that we'll faceoff in the finals.

I like the pronoun.

Sohel
February 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
I like the pronoun.

I'm looking forward to our guys bringing home the gold right after our ladies do. U-S-A, ALL-THE-WAY!!!

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
Finns score (glad SOMEONE did!) ... 1-0. I'd rather play them than Jagr Republic any day.

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 12:49 AM
wake up early for Canada-Russia game and boy I'm so happy now. 7-3 ...even I didn't expect this!! well done Team Canada. Now 2 more games to win!! :)

cricman
February 25, 2010, 01:05 AM
Russia had no chance

Gabby Gets his Revenge on Lundy, for injuring him

1-0 Slovokia

Hank's Olympic Record is broken

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 01:16 AM
sweden just scored!
still 2-1 for slovakia!!

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 01:16 AM
ok 2-2 now!
5:34 left in 2nd period!

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 01:25 AM
3-2 for slovakia now!!
still 47 sec left in 2nd!!

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 01:33 AM
What a game! SLO 1-0/2-0 (in 37 secs) ... 1-2/2-2 (in 37 secs) ... 3-2 as Pavol's PP missile from top left gets past a totally screened Lundqivst. Beautiful hockey.

Slovaks are awesome but Sweden will persist in the end. Simply too good with too much desire. Forsberg [:notworthy:] is still physical, but isn't as quick as he used to be. Probably won't matter much as the vision is still there in terms of passing and positioning himself. One of the best readers of the game ever, he sees 6-7 moves ahead even when he's a part of the move. Total respect despite the fact that he played for our most hated rivals of recent times the Avs.

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 01:44 AM
No goal but beautifully run PP by the Swedes. Pleasure to watch the intricate cycling, passing and flow with wonderful variations in rhythm. Like Brazil in soccer.

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 01:47 AM
back to back PP for Swedes..still 3-2 for slovakia

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 01:47 AM
Another PP with a more direct approach ... I sense a goal coming soon.

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 01:49 AM
Backstrom's not the brightest cookie in the jar. Repeatedly attempting wraparounds with ZERO possibility of success. He ain't Forsberg [:notworthy:], Hank, Alfredsson, Sundstrom or heck, even that old geezer Ulf Dahlen!

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 01:55 AM
YES!! slovakia scored again!! Good goal....4-2 for them!! :)
10:59 left in 3rd period.

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 01:57 AM
ok, Alfredsson scored!!
4-3 now ...entertaining game so far!!

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 01:57 AM
4-2 Slovaks! Them Swedes be in deep trouble now. They need to score in 5 minutes to keep themselves in the game.

Done! 3-4 Sweden as Alfresson scores. Thank GOD Backstrom decided to pass this time rather than try and get cute again.

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 02:01 AM
The Saint [:notworthy:] deflects a scorcher from Ziggy. Good LWL executed by the Slovaks created the lane before the Saint [:notworthy:] shut it down with his stick.

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 02:05 AM
Bondra sighted. Great player during his time. One of the best speed demons ever.

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 02:09 AM
2:44 left 3rd period...still 4-3 for slovakia

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 02:12 AM
less than a min left 3rd period...still 4-3 for slovakia
Empty Net!! :)

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 02:13 AM
Slovaks win! What an upset ... :applause: :applause: :applause:

Outstanding goaltending and too much Swedish cuteness did it for them. Won't be easy for Canada.

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 02:14 AM
that's it for last olympic's champion! 4-3!!
so, we are gonna play against slovakia ..not bad not bad :)

Beamer
February 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
Russia had no match for the physical style of Canada. As I said earlier, Russia is basically a two line team. Their third line is garbage ( can't believe Kovalev didn't make the team ). They were overwhelmed physically and Nabokov pulled a Brodeuar against US. He was terrible and Russia never had a chance. Ovechkin was contained and Malkin was terrible turning the puck over, as he has been all year with us ( very negative signs ). Only team that can handle Canada is USA, simply because they can match Canada in physical dept, and they are fast. Oh..Miller helps too.

I was very surprised to see Sweden go down to Slovakia ( didn't see that game ). Russia couldn't handle a tough Canada team, neither would Slovakia. I am sure Canada will target Hossa and Gaborik.

It is going to be US-Canada for Gold.

cricman
February 25, 2010, 02:51 PM
Dear Marion Gaborik,

I don't Really Ask much from you, Aside from staying Healthy, Carrying the New York Rangers on your Back and leading us to a Stanley Cup (Which will happen) but since you committed one of the most heinous acts of Blue on Blue Crime I have ever Seen, I have to Ask you for another favor please you, your other Marion and Demitra (who needs to commit some Canuck on Canuck Crime) have to beat Team Canada on Friday.

Yours Truly,

A Loyal Rangers and Scared Team USA Fan

P.S Silver is a beautiful Color, You Can Always Take Pictures with Captain Cash and Cally's Gold Medals

Beamer
February 25, 2010, 03:30 PM
Gaborik and his Slovak crew can't or won't beat Canada. Stanley Cup? Now, that's funny. Rangers won't even stand up for their best player getting pummelled by a thug named Carcilo. It takes a tough team to win a Stanley Cup. Not this year, or in near future.

ialbd
February 25, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hockey Gold for women....
now its time for the men to bring home Gold.... :)

AsifTheManRahman
February 25, 2010, 10:28 PM
The American and Canadian ladies' hockey players have the right attitude, IMO. Historically, this rivalry has been a lot more intense than many of the men's clashes. Listen to these women talk about each other off the rink - they are just cold b****es and I like it that way. Got pretty tired of watching gold medal defenders in other sports from different countries (USA and Canada included) make a big deal of winning a bronze medal in these Olympics. Your fans want gold, yo!

Bancan
February 25, 2010, 11:55 PM
Asif bhai. I think I shed a tear. She just won bronze after losing her mom. Thats incredible. In so many levels.

AsifTheManRahman
I agree. Probably going through the hardest time in her life. Losing her mother and performing like that. Amazing.
And she wins the bronze medal.

Bancan
Joannie Rochette= Greatness

AsifTheManRahman
February 25, 2010, 11:57 PM
Asif bhai. I think I shed a tear. She just won bronze after losing her mom. Thats incredible. In so many levels.
Respect. No clue where all that will power comes from.

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 03:34 AM
Our ladies led by the Lamoureaux sisters, captain Darwitz, blueliner Ruggiero and forwards Potter and Chu did their best but failed to find the net. I don't blame Vetter for losing the duel. Epic stuff from Szabados. Congrats Canada ... :applause: :applause: :applause:

See yawl in 4 years InshAllah.

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 09:58 AM
Our biggest enemy is still complacency. I fear that the players may not come out with the same kind of venom tonight that they did against the Russians (owing to the history between the two) and get caught off guard. The Slovaks are a dangerous team.

Yes, there are players that make millions playing the NHL - more so in some teams than in others - but this tournament is all about who wants to win more.

Beamer
February 26, 2010, 01:42 PM
Semifinals are here. Any prediction? US will win. Canada should be able to get past Slovakia though Slovaks are playing great.

Here is one prediction from me which will come true:

After trailing Canada 4-1 at the end of second period, Marian Hossa of Slovakia will change team in the third, because Canada will give him the best chance to win a Gold.

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 01:45 PM
Beamer bhai, Marian Hossa is a beast. Paa kaapey! :(

Beamer
February 26, 2010, 02:59 PM
Hossa re koyekbar bhalo moto hit korley cholbe. He will disappear.

cricman
February 26, 2010, 03:22 PM
3-0 Stars and Stripes

cricman
February 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
4-0

Mika Broke Down

cricman
February 26, 2010, 03:27 PM
Backstram no good either

5-0

cricman
February 26, 2010, 03:28 PM
6-0

Still in the 1st

Beamer
February 26, 2010, 03:29 PM
Finns are melting faster than a glacier in hell....lol

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 04:05 PM
LOL. Finn der pant koi gelo?

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 08:04 PM
6-0 with 7 minutes to go in the first! ... FINNISHED them off already. Speed, getting to the puck first, finishing our checks, and the grace and accuracy of Patrick Kane.

Slovaks would be tough for Canada to overcome but they'll do it. Slovaks possess an always positive attitude, great speed, great goaltending, solid defense and well executed powerplays with guys effectively screening the opposition goalie.They beat 2 of the top 3 already with that particular combination, and although my heart's with our neighbors, my money stays in my pocket for this one. Bondra has managed to put together a team that emulates the best of him.

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 08:07 PM
@Beamer: Hossa does well until RIGHT BEFORE having the opportunity to win it all. I expect him to do really well today but choke as usual in the final ... LOL!

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 09:03 PM
MIller, Rafalski, Orpik and co shut them down comprehensively. Getting stronger with every game baby, GO USA!

FagunerAgun
February 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
Canada is going to beat Slovakia. The game will be entertaining.
Then give a big Pedani to Fatso Yankees the way Canadian women's team did.

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 10:41 PM
Great to see our fellow Asians beginning to do better and better in winter sports. Kim Yu Na is amazing. Drop dead beautiful with personality, athleticism and grace to match! Matter of time until China, Japan and Korea begin to seriously challenge the USA, Norway and Germany for the top 3 spots.

Bangladeshi Americans, Canadians and Euros familiar with winter sports need to get serious and represent the green and red soon. That would be the easiest way to be an Olympian.

Bancan
February 26, 2010, 10:49 PM
Great to see our fellow Asians beginning to do better and better in winter sports. Kim Yu Na is amazing. Drop dead beautiful with personality, athleticism and grace to match! Matter of time until China, Japan and Korea begin to seriously challenge the USA, Norway and Germany for the top 3 spots.

Bangladeshi Americans, Canadians and Euros familiar with winter sports need to get serious and represent the green and red soon. That would be the easiest way to be an Olympian.

Ok so I was thinking of training for the next four years and try to represent BD. Sad thing is I dunno what to train for lol. But I am serious about trying to rep BD.

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 10:56 PM
Ok so I was thinking of training for the next four years and try to represent BD. Sad thing is I dunno what to train for lol. But I am serious about trying to rep BD.

I think we'll do well in short track speed skating, cross country skiing, and thinking about a couple of nephews and nieces, snowboarding. They are likely to represent the US once they get the chance provided they succeed at the Olympic trials. If they don't, we may have a chance.

Bancan
February 26, 2010, 11:15 PM
Canada just won 3 medals. 2 gold. :D

Bancan
February 26, 2010, 11:42 PM
Canada vs Usa Final.

cricman
February 26, 2010, 11:45 PM
Ya Won by the skin of your teeth

Demitra missed it by { } much

Sunday will be fun

Bancan
February 26, 2010, 11:51 PM
Ya Won by the skin of your teeth

Demitra missed it by { } much

Sunday will be fun

Yup. I know. But this team beat the best throughout the tournament. They were good. At the end of the day we overcame. Sunday will fun.

I hate my part time job......cause theres where i am gonna be....fml

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 11:51 PM
Too close for northern comfort but Canada moves into the final as expected. We have the psychological edge for Sunday's clash.

Canada with its superduper stars on home ice has everything to lose. We on the other hand are happy to be here and have nothing to lose. So just stay loose and do what you've been doing to win the gold USA!

cricman
February 26, 2010, 11:53 PM
Sunday will be the most watched Hockey Game of All time

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hope the Slovaks win the bronze medal - they don't deserve to go home empty handed.

Our defense looked sketchy in the second half of the third period, but credit goes to the Slovaks for making a game out of this. There's no place for mistakes in the gold medal game. If the last minute brain farts can be avoided and Luongo continues his form, we should win the gold medal. After all, it was the goalies that made the difference in the group stage game, which Miller won for the USA and Brodeur lost for us.

Bancan
February 26, 2010, 11:58 PM
Sunday will be the most watched Hockey Game of All time

:( trying to make me upset? :( I really need to figure out a way to watch this.

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 11:59 PM
Call in sick.

Bancan
February 27, 2010, 12:00 AM
Call in sick.

Lol..did that for the superbowl. I cant. I have too many responsibilities. The place I work at is a major sponsor of the olympics too...kinda annoyed. actually really pissed :(

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2010, 12:03 AM
Then watch at work?

Or quit. A part time job can hardly ever be > the Olympic Gold medal in hockey.

Bancan
February 27, 2010, 12:10 AM
Then watch at work?

Or quit. A part time job can hardly ever be > the Olympic Gold medal in hockey.

Someone broke the tv at work and I need the money. I am trying to switch my shift. I am annoyed though that they have the game on at 330. wtf.

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2010, 12:16 AM
Well it's a Sunday. The party needs to be over well before Ke$ha walks in.

AsifTheManRahman
February 27, 2010, 12:42 AM
Try ice cricket. http://www.icecricket.co.uk/

I want to represent Bangladesh in the Ice Cricket world cup in the near future. God help us and if we're lucky, we will beat India.

Beamer
February 27, 2010, 11:13 AM
Canada didn't have a clue last six minutes! If it wasn't for Demitra missing twice, it could have been a very different story. USA is clearly a more dynamic TEAM.

I tell you one thing about Miller. He has been good, very good, but the guy can be chased if you screen him properly ( Canada's MO ) and shoot high on his glove. If Miller plays like the way he played the first time around vs Canada, I am afraid, its all over for Canada.

No doubt its going to be a game for ages!