PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan in Australia

nycpro96
December 25, 2009, 08:28 PM
Anybody watching this series. First test started today. Aussies batting first. 72/0 at the moment.

Rizvi
December 25, 2009, 10:19 PM
any1 with a link? bored...

Abid_Khan
December 25, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm watching it, no wicket for 156. btw, where's Afridi?

simon
December 26, 2009, 05:49 AM
What's wrong with Watson not getting any 100 after getting so close.

Bugz
December 26, 2009, 06:11 AM
Pakistan were dreadful today, Yousuf was shocking as captain.

Shehwar
December 26, 2009, 09:10 AM
I have lost interest in Pakistan since Inzy left...Used to love watching the two Ws...The current lot have no charisma...Just not fun anymore...So I've switched to supporting Srilanka after Bangladesh...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

revolver
December 26, 2009, 09:50 AM
I have lost interest in Pakistan since Inzy left...Used to love watching the two Ws...The current lot have no charisma...Just not fun anymore...So I've switched to supporting Srilanka after Bangladesh...
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

same...i dont gain any interst watching pakistan play anymore...i use to enjoy when akhter, asif and kaneira use to play together

nycpro96
December 26, 2009, 11:12 AM
I still enjoy watchin Pakistan cricket. I support them right after BD. :flag:

zainab
December 27, 2009, 08:35 AM
It looks like Pakistan was just going through the motions of playing. No passion or urgency in bowling or fielding which was horrible. Seems all the Asian teams are going through a bad patch in fielding now. Well, we can assess better when BD, India and SL meet next month.

Abid_Khan
December 27, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ohh, bad shot by Umar to end his entertaining innings :(

simon
December 27, 2009, 07:48 PM
Umar is amazingly consistent but still young & too agressive,which results his dismissal after
reaching 40-60.

Rizvi
December 28, 2009, 12:27 AM
Looks like the game is on again...

First, great job of Misbah to avoid the follow on... and now bowlers made this into a game as we speak. 42/3.

Rizvi
December 28, 2009, 12:29 AM
Target should be - bowl them out under 200 and go chase 400 with almost 2 days to play...

Rizvi
December 28, 2009, 12:30 AM
This guy Aamer is good but really cocky....throws around kisses very frequently

abdulrahee
December 28, 2009, 04:20 AM
aamir clocks 151.7 kph today in an amazing spell

cricket_pagol
December 28, 2009, 04:36 AM
aamir clocks 151.7 kph today in an amazing spell

That was a remarkable spell!

_Rafi_
December 28, 2009, 05:24 AM
Aamer is only 17 yrs old. When he wl reach 20, he wl clock 100+

Banglatiger84
December 28, 2009, 05:28 AM
Is he an actual 17 or a "desi" 17 ?

Nevertheless he is a very good bowler, with a unique action....

abdulrahee
December 28, 2009, 10:44 AM
Is he an actual 17 or a "desi" 17 ?

Nevertheless he is a very good bowler, with a unique action....

i think that he might not be 17 but not more than 19 as he looks like kid
and i dont like him kissing everyone

Tigers_eye
December 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
Haruitz scored how many? :wow:

revolver
December 28, 2009, 12:32 PM
amir is a killer

_Rafi_
December 28, 2009, 01:34 PM
Haruitz scored how many? :wow:

Hauritz, Swann , Haris Vajji all spinners are turning to be allrounders.
Shakib and Vettory already good allrounders. Nowadays spinner's batting contributions are very important.

revolver
December 28, 2009, 04:18 PM
Hauritz, Swann , Haris Vajji all spinners are turning to be allrounders.
Shakib and Vettory already good allrounders. Nowadays spinner's batting contributions are very important.

yhh...also in bd (abdur razzak)

simon
December 28, 2009, 07:17 PM
ok,so is Watson gona get his century this time or choke again.

Zeeshan
December 28, 2009, 11:49 PM
Watson manages to get his century. Uphill battle for Pakistan. Hope they can pull off a 'miracle' here...

Rizvi
December 29, 2009, 01:38 AM
Need a big partnership right now from Akmal and Yusuf - may be there's hope...

Rizvi
December 29, 2009, 01:44 AM
147/3 now with 8 overs remaining for day 4. Require 275 to win.

Short time goal - bat out the day carefully while getting target as close to 250 as possible and go after it tomorrow with 7 wickets remaining....I say it's a long shot unless either Akmal or Yusuf gets a big ton while the other a decent knock.

Rizvi
December 29, 2009, 02:07 AM
Well played - Close of day 170/3. Yousuf 45*; U Akmal 27*.

252 to win in day 5 with 7 wickets remaining. Misbah, K Akmal yet to come. I say a result is almost guaranteed....

cricket_pagol
December 29, 2009, 02:21 AM
Well played - Close of day 170/3. Yousuf 45*; U Akmal 27*.

252 to win in day 5 with 7 wickets remaining. Misbah, K Akmal yet to come. I say a result is almost guaranteed....

Pakistan is such an unpredictable team. It should be a fascinating final day, i think either Umar Akmal and the captain needs to hang around for the entire day, with misbah and kamran yet to come they definitely have a strong chance.

Mohammad Aamer bowled a couple of awesome spell in this test match. With Umar gul coming back to the team in the next game... they have one of the best pace attack.

abdulrahee
December 29, 2009, 03:42 AM
yesterday we were praising aamer for a fairy spell but today he produces one hell of a spell bowling consistently 145+ and getting the ball to talk

BUT the bottom line is that PAK have very small chance of winning this ... and i think had PAK not dropped two catches on day 1 they would be in much stronger position ... but still i think it is 80% AUS 15% PAK and 5% draw

BD-Shardul
December 30, 2009, 04:49 AM
To Pakistan: By not batting well in the first innings and by showing some resilience in the second innings, you guys can at best take a match to 5th day and make it interesting but at the end of the day, you suffer a painful defeat.

abdulrahee
December 30, 2009, 09:00 AM
I wants to kill all these batsman who averages 25-28

Tigers_eye
December 30, 2009, 10:28 AM
Ponting played his cards right. From the beginning they were in control of the match. Pakistan succumbing to Haruitz (both batting and bowling) was uncalled for.

Surfer
December 30, 2009, 02:47 PM
I wants to kill all these batsman who averages 25-28

This entire Pakistani batting lineup has a very bad record in Australia. It's almost like a team of tail enders. All tail, no body. Every run they score is a bonus.

I think MOYO and Umar are exceptions.

zainab
December 30, 2009, 04:46 PM
Pakistan's fielding was the worst I have seen in a team, even the lazy Windians are better than them. I am sure that BD could have done better and would have given the aussies a better contest.
Well, the Aussies will now win 2 series, if they win another series in the next few months, I am sure that they will then be N0 1 again, but India will beat BD soon.

Tigers_eye
December 31, 2009, 11:18 AM
Pakistan's fielding was the worst I have seen in a team, even the lazy Windians are better than them. I am sure that BD could have done better and would have given the aussies a better contest.
Well, the Aussies will now win 2 series, if they win another series in the next few months, I am sure that they will then be N0 1 again, but India will beat BD soon.
If Australia beats Pak 3-0 and Ind beat BD 2-0, then Australia will take over the #1 spot because of the rating system of each teams.

abdulrahee
January 1, 2010, 02:00 AM

Pakistan give them a very good contest Pak need 252 runs with 7 wickets remaining on last day
but i agree that Pak fielding have been worst and the problem is that it is not ground fielding but catching which is unaffordable in test... we don't know what happen if PAK would have taken those 2 catches in first session

Tintin
January 2, 2010, 10:41 PM
Great start for Pakistan at Sydney, Day 1. Hughes was dropped first ball by Umar Akmal at gully - just where he dropped Katich in the first Test - off Sami. But Sami got Hughes caught in the second slip and Ponting scooped a catch to deep square leg off the first ball. Sami missed the hat-trick only because Watson was hit by a yorker on the toe a couple of inches outside the off.

3/10 as I write - Watson caught behind off Sami

Neel Here
January 2, 2010, 11:01 PM
That was howler from the umpire on the field. Asoka de Silva is living proof of the necessity of the referral system.

Umar Gul to Clarke, no run, lbw? Clarke is forward to a fullish delivery, big shout for lbw is awarded by umpire de Silva. Clarke immediately calls for a referal. Replay shows it hit very high, hitting the batsman above the knee-roll. Clearing the stumps by some distance, and the decision is unsurprisingly overturned.
:lol:

Antora
January 3, 2010, 12:34 AM
I can't belive Aus are playing this cr@p :(
I'm gonna be like MD Yunis and his awesome statement about T20 being the reson for Pak's failure.... and say T20 is the reason for Australia's batting collapse ! :P

al Furqaan
January 3, 2010, 01:05 AM
i hope asif doesn't beat rajib's 6-27

cricman
January 3, 2010, 01:06 AM
I envy the way pakistan creates Fast Bowler, they're all probably on HGH ... they all Bowl like Monsters.

I was watching Rana Naved swinging the ball in DPL like this Guy was a Test Class Bowler a few Years and he's still a beast.

While our Shahadat decided to follow the path the exact carrer path of Sharapova become irrelevent

Ajfar
January 3, 2010, 01:12 AM
Asif dhor OZ re dhor

_Rafi_
January 3, 2010, 01:31 AM
Asif fataise!destroing oz

_Rafi_
January 3, 2010, 01:44 AM
Yousuf gave some free runs by introducing Kaneria.

cricket_pagol
January 3, 2010, 02:52 AM
It will be fun to see how Australia responds under pressure...

_Rafi_
January 3, 2010, 02:56 AM
pakistan have to score 300 runs in the first innings to take complete control over tve match

revolver
January 3, 2010, 05:32 AM
lol aus got owned by sami and asif

zainab
January 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
Glad to see australia got bowled out so cheaply, This happened in the last series against WI, but knowing the Aussies, they bounced back.

al Furqaan
January 3, 2010, 01:43 PM
thank god rajib's 6-27 wasn't surpassed by either asif or sami!!

al Furqaan
January 3, 2010, 01:49 PM
I envy the way pakistan creates Fast Bowler, they're all probably on HGH ... they all Bowl like Monsters.

I was watching Rana Naved swinging the ball in DPL like this Guy was a Test Class Bowler a few Years and he's still a beast.

While our Shahadat decided to follow the path the exact carrer path of Sharapova become irrelevent

tradition man, tradition. its how india continues to churn out 50 average batsmen like doomsday is tomorrow. sehwag, tendy, dravid, and i'm sure a few of their bench guys would also average 40-45 if not 50+ if given selection.

pakis bowl pace cuz its in their blood. asif may not be express but his mastery of seam movement illustrates that he is their best pacer by far. gul is like ntini, 5 wicket haul one game, 0-110 the next. aamer is a gem, but he will have his off days whereas asif will almost always be amongst the wickets. depending on how long their careers are, i predict asif to take way more wickets than aamer in the long run. but a 17 year old bowling 150k is no joke. ishant took the world by storm, but sure aamer 1-up'd that teenage benchmark.

at least we have the best (only) SLA army in the world!

One World
January 3, 2010, 01:51 PM
Looks like the golden days are coming back for PAK. I wonder how Ash, TI, SN will handle Asif in Asia Cup.

deshifan
January 3, 2010, 03:54 PM
Nice comeback from Mohammad Sami.

nycpro96
January 3, 2010, 05:07 PM
I like. (Borat Accent)

zainab
January 3, 2010, 05:57 PM
I hope that Pakistan can score 200 runs at least. Cant believe that the great Aussies got bowled out for 127 runs which they struggled to make if it was not for Mitchell Johnson.This is twice in these 2 series(W>I and Pak) that they have crumbled so cheaply.
Did not hear the aussie commentators badmouthing the batsman, but if it was another team, e.g. BD, they will be writing that this country should not be playing Test cricket.
Thank heavens that since the 2007 Test series against SL, BD has not folded cheaply to any of the stronger teams, or am I wrong?

al Furqaan
January 3, 2010, 06:50 PM
Looks like the golden days are coming back for PAK. I wonder how Ash, TI, SN will handle Asif in Asia Cup.

sending him to the boundary should be adequate...

for some reason we have never done well against PAK...we seem to be able to push India and SL or at least put enough runs on the board to make them sweat (even a 7 wicket win chasing 280 isn't a total walk in the park).

but the pakis haven't been as easy for us, prolly due to a lack of familiarity.

bujhee kom
January 3, 2010, 06:50 PM
What a destructive massacre of a bowling from Amazing Asif!!!

Abid_Khan
January 3, 2010, 09:20 PM
Butt and Farhat making a very slow but important opening partnership

wiseshah
January 4, 2010, 12:12 AM
Umar akmal and mohammed ameer--two exciting players to watch

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 02:04 AM
wow! what a test match. OZ in desparate situation. I seriously hope Pak win this from here.
Hussey on 73* - dropped 3 times already - poor pak fielding continue. Siddle - 10*
Pak got the new ball few overs back.

End of Day 3.
Australia 127 & 286/8 (87 ov)
Pakistan 333
Australia lead by 80 runs with 2 wickets remaining

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 07:18 PM
101.2 umar gul to hussey, no run, good length delivery outside the off stump, hussey plays forward and there is some noise as the ball passes the bat through to akmal, yousuf after conferring with the bowler and the fielders behind the wicket, asks for a referral, replays suggest the noise was the bat hitting the pad as the ball passed the bat, umpire de silva was right.

[বাংলা]আশোকা জাতে মাতাল হলে কি হইব, তালে কিন্তু ঠিক আছে। [/বাংলা]

Shehwar
January 5, 2010, 08:01 PM
lol ! How many catches has this Akmal guy dropped?? Like 10 or something! I thought wicketkeepers were supposed to take catches!

nycpro96
January 5, 2010, 08:07 PM
Hope Pakis don't find a way to lose this test match.

Shehwar
January 5, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hope Pakis don't find a way to lose this test match.

I think they already have! They wont be able to make 160+ chasing against the Aussies and will choke!

Abid_Khan
January 5, 2010, 08:36 PM
Australia coming back with a massive lead. Game ON Pakistan

Bugz
January 5, 2010, 08:37 PM
Yousuf is a F'kin pathetic captain.

Shehwar
January 5, 2010, 09:19 PM
Yousuf is a F'kin pathetic captain.

He really is and K Akmal is such a pathetic keeper! He makes our Mushy look like a legend! ...

Banglatiger84
January 5, 2010, 11:48 PM
Pak 79/5 chasing 170 to win, Sami and Asif have been really wronged by Yousif and Akmal.....

Rizvi
January 5, 2010, 11:53 PM
any link?

magic boy
January 5, 2010, 11:56 PM
Aussi gonna win!

Rizvi
January 6, 2010, 12:01 AM
Aussi gonna win!

All depends on the current Akmal and Akmal partnership...

Can Kamran revive himself?

Rizvi
January 6, 2010, 12:12 AM
lol Kamran gone...now Umar needs to go crazy..

Abid_Khan
January 6, 2010, 12:33 AM
Sami and Umar are the only one that can bring Pakistan home

Rizvi
January 6, 2010, 12:41 AM
Umar playing well... 50 to go..

cricket_pagol
January 6, 2010, 01:04 AM
Umar akmal played a horrible shot to get out... Temperament is a huge problem with the pakistani batsman.

Rizvi
January 6, 2010, 01:06 AM
Umar akmal played a horrible shot to get out... Temperament is a huge problem with the pakistani batsman.

Agree. He had a good partnership with Sami of 30 runs. (Akmal 27 Sami 2) They only needed 43 more while 3 more wickets left. Another similar partnership or two would've done it. He didn't need to charge down the track...

Rizvi
January 6, 2010, 01:07 AM
Another goes ...9 down now. Game over!!

bharat
January 6, 2010, 01:24 AM
Man ..I feel real pissed with Pakistan .This was their game !! They are to be blamed for this loss ..not sure why they are stuck in the past .If I were a Pakistani I would do the following immediately

-Reinstate Yonius Khan as the Captain .He is the only one who can rein in this team which is always on s self destructive mode
- Make sure that Mohammad Yousuf does not come near the Pak team ! He is "the" reason for their state
-Make sure that they have a wicket keeper .In the pursuit of getting a Dhoni or Gilli they have lost more matches because of Akmal than they have won in total
-Make sure that old time sloggers like Misbah never get in the team
-Continue with the Current Openers for the next few years ..these are the best starts I have seen Pak get ..ever .Probably better than Saeed and Sohail
-Their Bowling is awesome..dont tinker with it
-Take out Mohamad Yosuf and Misba you have a good batting line as well .

Good Luck Pak Cricket ...I dont see them recovering from this loss anytime soon if they dont revamp their cricket .

And above all before they do anything they need to remove Ijaz Butt !!!

cricman
January 6, 2010, 01:26 AM
Kamran Akmal it was nice knowing you

Antora
January 6, 2010, 01:34 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
All this because of Kamran :P
dropped hussey 3 times....LOLOL
Aus FTW!

HereWeGo
January 6, 2010, 01:47 AM
Three cheers for Aussies....
Never a paki supporter hence this was the best test cricket i ever witnessed....:lol:

tonoy
January 6, 2010, 01:59 AM
Watching kamran drop hussey three times make me worry about our very own Mushy. :(

I have a feeling that he will drop Sehwag and Co. off Shakib's bowl.

Hyro
January 6, 2010, 02:38 AM
god..how pathetic can a team get ? remember these idiots doing the same thing over in SL... when will this people learn & correct their mistakes :hairpull:

Banglatiger84
January 6, 2010, 04:17 AM
Its a shame that Pakistan didnt perform like this in Multan...

Crickey
January 6, 2010, 05:08 AM

eat ur words now,, they have talent but are jack crap when they come to winning. Their system is worst in the world

pervez mia
January 6, 2010, 07:06 AM
I still feel sick in the stomach... watched it during the day and now watching the replay again... I was really looking forward to watching the Aussies get hammered by a lower ranked team. I really feel sorry for the Pakis though... a rally hard pill to swallow this one. I have a very strong feeling Yousuf and Kamran (captain and vice captain) threw this game. I can't see how else this would be possible.

Anyhow, when do the tigers play the Pakis next? I reckon we'll kill em.

_Rafi_
January 6, 2010, 08:54 AM
Pakistan putting too much pressure on Umar Akmal. All of the senior batsmen got out leaving Umar alone to do miracle.
Btw Pakistan is involving some of the great test matches played recently.

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 09:35 AM
Match fixing? :D

revolver
January 6, 2010, 11:08 AM
lol at pakisatnj terrible

Beamer
January 6, 2010, 01:32 PM

No. Just plain old choke job..

cricman
January 6, 2010, 01:33 PM
eat ur words now,, they have talent but are jack crap when they come to winning. Their system is worst in the world

There fast bowlers didnt lose the match the Wicketkeeper did

We have Rubel bowling like an Idiot they Ammer who is gonna be a star.

Surfer
January 6, 2010, 03:24 PM
Only Pakistan. No other team could have done that.

DJ Sahastra
January 6, 2010, 04:29 PM
This is gut wrenching. Normally, i don't care about a pakistan loss. But in this one, i feel sad for them. They should've won. Man, just like the grinch, my heart suddenly grew by an inch!

zainab
January 6, 2010, 05:07 PM

My very thoughts. How can a captain be so stupid and lifeless,no passion and enthusiam. Did they lose this match on purpose? he was like a dummy, I cannot believe it that they allowed Siddle and Hussey to dominate them for a whole session. IMO, something was definitely not right

nycpro96
January 6, 2010, 06:45 PM
WOW! All i gotta say. I was so happy that the Pakis almost won a test match. But, oh well. They couldn't chase 180 odd or something. Wow!

cricman
January 6, 2010, 06:48 PM
MSC Hero Rana naved gets a Test Recall, Abahani Mostan Razzaq also gets a recall and Everyones favorite player Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi is back as well!

nycpro96
January 6, 2010, 07:11 PM
Afridi. Afridi. Afridi.

RazabQ
January 6, 2010, 07:45 PM
choke job. 'nuff said

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 07:48 PM
My very thoughts. How can a captain be so stupid and lifeless,no passion and enthusiam. Did they lose this match on purpose? he was like a dummy, I cannot believe it that they allowed Siddle and Hussey to dominate them for a whole session. IMO, something was definitely not right

Yes sister. I think I have never seen a captain worse than Mohammad Yusuf. Even our Habibul Bashar will be light years ahead of Yusuf.

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 07:55 PM
MSC Hero Rana naved gets a Test Recall, Abahani Mostan Razzaq also gets a recall and Everyones favorite player Sahibzada Mohammad Shahid Khan Afridi is back as well!

They can recall whomever they want but as long as they do not have the right captain, nothing will work. WC 2007 was disastrous for Pakistan, but I think PCB should have supported Inzy one more year (like BCCI did to Dravid) while selecting a future-captain and nurture him under Inzy.

Also, captaining the PAK side has never been easy because of the perennial "kondol" that exists between the players and thus the captain has to be someone exceptional to manage all the politics and bring out the best. Only Imran Khan and Inzy were the guys who could do that. During the Inzy reign, Pak even climbed to second position of ICC ODI and Test ranking.

al Furqaan
January 6, 2010, 07:56 PM
choke job. 'nuff said

the lankans are the only non-chokers out of the subcontinent...and oyu know what, we rank above the Indians and Pakis too. pound for pound, given our years, age, and experience...the one high pressure game we've had, the one we so badly wanted to win as a nation, we did on march 17, 2007.

helpful umpires we didn't have. bad wicket it was not. opposition was not unaware of our potential, having beaten a Shane Bond led NZ side in a practice match. pressure was on all XI players to perform and deliver nothing less than a WIN.

that alone should suffice for us for a decade.

how many teams with a vaunted batting lineup consisting of the genius of Tendulkar, the mastery of a Dravid, the fire of a Ganguly, and/or the explosiveness of a Sehwag and Yuvraj can say that they haven't won a World Cup with those men? Number 1 in the Test rankings in 2009 doesn't have the same meaning when Warne, Mcgrath, Waugh, Hayden, Gilchrist, and Gillespie have been gone for 2 or more years, Hussey's lost his luster, and Ponting is a virtual one man show.

nycpro96
January 6, 2010, 08:13 PM
the lankans are the only non-chokers out of the subcontinent...and oyu know what, we rank above the Indians and Pakis too. pound for pound, given our years, age, and experience...the one high pressure game we've had, the one we so badly wanted to win as a nation, we did on march 17, 2007.

helpful umpires we didn't have. bad wicket it was not. opposition was not unaware of our potential, having beaten a Shane Bond led NZ side in a practice match. pressure was on all XI players to perform and deliver nothing less than a WIN.

how many teams with a vaunted batting lineup consisting of the genius of Tendulkar, the mastery of a Dravid, the fire of a Ganguly, and/or the explosiveness of a Sehwag and Yuvraj can say that they haven't won a World Cup with those men? Number 1 in the Test rankings in 2009 doesn't have the same meaning when Warne, Mcgrath, Waugh, Hayden, Gilchrist, and Gillespie have been gone for 2 or more years, Hussey's lost his luster, and Ponting is a virtual one man show.

One of the greatest posts I have ever read. Great post! :D

My two cen
January 9, 2010, 04:40 PM

I love it when some poeple live in their own fantasy world. India is the only Asian team to have run Aussies close in Aus when they were at their peak.Won test series in England

If its so easy to beat Aus now whats stopping you guys?

Nocturnal
January 22, 2010, 12:42 AM
1st ODI: Australia v Pakistan at Brisbane, Jan 22, 2010
Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat
Pakistan 155/3 (30.0 ov)
Drinks Break!!

Nocturnal
January 22, 2010, 12:43 AM
<table class="inningsTable" id="inningsBat1"><tbody><tr class="inningsHead"><td colspan="2">Pakistan innings (50 overs maximum)</td> <td style="text-align: right;">R</td> <td style="text-align: right;">M</td> <td style="text-align: right;">B</td> <td style="text-align: right;">4s</td> <td style="text-align: right;">6s</td> <td style="text-align: right;">SR</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsRow"> <td class="inningsIcon" onclick="ToggleRowVisibility('inningsBat1',3); inHeight(); ">http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/col_ps.gif</td> <td class="playerName" width="192">Salman Butt (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/42683.html) </td> <td class="battingDismissal" width="259">c †Haddin b Bollinger </td> <td class="battingRuns">72</td> <td class="battingDetails">102</td> <td class="battingDetails">81</td> <td class="battingDetails">12</td> <td class="battingDetails">0</td> <td class="battingDetails">88.88</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsComms" style="display: none;"> <td></td> <td colspan="8" class="battingComms"> 22.2 Bollinger's done it! Another shortish ball but it wasn't short enough to pull, Butt went for it anyway and top-edged it, Haddin took a second or two to pick up where the ball was going, he then turned around, ran back a few paces and held on to the catch 117/2
</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsRow"> <td class="inningsIcon" onclick="ToggleRowVisibility('inningsBat1',5); inHeight(); ">http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/col_ps.gif</td> <td class="playerName" width="192">Kamran Akmal (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/41028.html)† </td> <td class="battingDismissal" width="259">c Clarke b Watson </td> <td class="battingRuns">34</td> <td class="battingDetails">57</td> <td class="battingDetails">34</td> <td class="battingDetails">4</td> <td class="battingDetails">0</td> <td class="battingDetails">100.00</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsComms" style="display: none;"> <td></td> <td colspan="8" class="battingComms"> 12.5 Kamran goes, a needless shot under the circumstances, a slower delivery, a legcutter bowled just outside off, tries to smash him over the in-field on the off side but failed to pick the change in pace and ended up skying it, Clarke and Ponting get underneath it but the deputy calls first and holds on to a well-judged catch 62/1
</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsRow"> <td>
</td> <td class="playerName" width="192">Younis Khan (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/43652.html) </td> <td class="battingDismissal" width="259">not out </td> <td class="battingRuns">19</td> <td class="battingDetails">
</td> <td class="battingDetails">38</td> <td class="battingDetails">1</td> <td class="battingDetails">0</td> <td class="battingDetails">50.00</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsComms" style="display: none;"> <td></td> <td colspan="8" class="battingComms"></td> </tr> <tr class="inningsRow"> <td class="inningsIcon" onclick="ToggleRowVisibility('inningsBat1',9); inHeight(); ">http://i.imgci.com/espncricinfo/col_ps.gif</td> <td class="playerName" width="192">Mohammad Yousuf (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/43650.html)* </td> <td class="battingDismissal" width="259"> b Bollinger </td> <td class="battingRuns">2</td> <td class="battingDetails">7</td> <td class="battingDetails">7</td> <td class="battingDetails">0</td> <td class="battingDetails">0</td> <td class="battingDetails">28.57</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsComms" style="display: none;"> <td></td> <td colspan="8" class="battingComms"> 24.4 bowled him!! Superb short ball from Bollinger does for Yousuf. Bollinger got the ball to rise sharply from just short of a length, Yousuf jumped up to defend it, he got bat to ball but the ball bounced behind him and he watched it bounce on to the top of the stumps and dislodge the bails, I wonder why he didn't attempt to swat it away with the bat, he had loads of time to hit the ball away 123/3
</td> <td class="playerName" width="192">Umar Akmal (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/317273.html) </td> <td class="battingDismissal" width="259">not out </td> <td class="battingRuns">23</td> <td class="battingDetails">
</td> <td class="battingDetails">21</td> <td class="battingDetails">3</td> <td class="battingDetails">0</td> <td class="battingDetails">109.52</td> </tr> <tr class="inningsComms" style="display: none;"> <td></td> <td colspan="8" class="battingComms"></td> </tr> <tr class="inningsRow"> <td>
</td> <td class="inningsDetails">Extras</td> <td class="battingDismissal">(w 4, nb 1)</td> <td class="battingRuns">5</td> <td class="battingDetails">
</td> <td class="battingDetails">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
</td> <td bgcolor="#000000">http://i.imgci.com/spacer.gif</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td class="inningsDetails">Total</td> <td class="battingDismissal">(3 wickets; 30 overs)</td> <td class="battingRuns">155</td> <td class="battingRate" colspan="5">(5.16 runs per over)</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="inningsTable"> <tbody><tr> <td class="inningsDetails">To bat Shoaib Malik (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/42657.html), Shahid Afridi (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/42639.html), Naved-ul-Hasan (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/42272.html), Mohammad Asif (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/41411.html), Mohammad Aamer (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/290948.html), Saeed Ajmal (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/content/current/player/42699.html) </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Fall of wickets1-62 (Kamran Akmal, 12.5 ov), 2-117 (Salman Butt, 22.2 ov), 3-123 (Mohammad Yousuf, 24.4 ov) (http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvpak09/engine/current/match/406202.html?innings=1;view=fow;wrappertype=live)

Nocturnal
January 22, 2010, 12:44 AM
ok,1st ball after break Umar Akmal Out!!
155/4 after 30.1 ov

mona
January 22, 2010, 02:13 AM
Afridi halar matha akhono mota. With almost 4 overs left, what was the rush? But watching Pakistan and comparing with our batting makes me sigh. We still have such a long way to go.

Australia need 275 to win.

mahbubH
January 22, 2010, 03:01 AM
Aussies are dancing against Asif-Amir.

mona
January 22, 2010, 04:46 AM
Pakistan giving away too many singles. Very irritating field placings.

114 off 109 needed.

mona
January 22, 2010, 06:26 AM
Well there you have it, Australia win with just over an over to spare, with a lovely four from Mike Hussey. Cameron White is a beast. His three 6s in a row off Afridi were pretty damn special. Effortless. Pakistan basically handed the win to the Aussies, don't really know what they were thinking letting Ponting and Clarke get settled like that. Australia basically won the match with singles. Batting 2nd, at the Gabba. Yousuf Youhana (I can't call him Mohammad Yousuf) needs to rethink some of his strategies.

Good things for Pak - Rana Naved's and Mohammed Aamer's bowling. Really good stuff.

Good game today, but hope to see more fight from Pak in the next 4 games.

magic boy
January 22, 2010, 06:40 AM
this pk team isnt better than us.

Nadim
January 22, 2010, 02:06 PM
C.White became completely a different batsman in last 1 year....A very good replacement for Symoinds, which Australia needed badly.

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2010, 03:39 PM
3-0 right now facing 5-0.

Banglatiger84
January 27, 2010, 01:00 AM
[quote=mona;1053183] Yousuf Youhana (I can't call him Mohammad Yousuf) quote]

Wonder why not ? :-|

ahaque
January 27, 2010, 09:50 PM
i think they should make shoaib malik captain again

Abid_Khan
January 29, 2010, 06:49 AM
How good is ryan Harris, he's so good. Aussies have too many awesome fast bowlers

fais
January 29, 2010, 07:23 AM
we shud play Pakistan, i think we can easily take them on.

Neel Here
January 29, 2010, 08:38 AM
we shud play Pakistan, i think we can easily take them on.

comparable, but 'easily' is just being cocky.

magic boy
January 29, 2010, 08:45 AM
cant just cant wait for playing against Pakis:D:D

zainab
January 29, 2010, 11:45 AM
So sad to see the pakistanis getting such a thrashing from Australia. last ODI series, BD/Aust, BD did not get such a thrashing, in fact, they played well.

Zeeshan
January 31, 2010, 02:11 AM
Pakistan 143/4 in 39th over. Can they avoid 0-5?

magic boy
January 31, 2010, 02:18 AM
No ! they can't :D

Zeeshan
January 31, 2010, 02:23 AM
Wicket brings Afridi in crease!

Zeeshan
January 31, 2010, 02:27 AM
Gone! Afridi gone. :(

Zeeshan
January 31, 2010, 02:33 AM
subdued 50 for Alam

magic boy
January 31, 2010, 02:44 AM
Aussi will finish it quickly 177/6 :)

Zeeshan
January 31, 2010, 02:53 AM
Waqar's record at stake; good gesture by the Aussie crowd on a Pakistani departure.

Zeeshan
January 31, 2010, 03:05 AM
213 to win

magic boy
January 31, 2010, 03:59 AM
and they will win :)

One World
February 5, 2010, 03:40 AM
Australia batting with 2 debutantes.

One World
February 5, 2010, 03:49 AM
25/1-3

Huda
February 5, 2010, 05:33 AM
Shaun Tait has just bowled one of the fastest overs in cricket history. Blistering pace, he hit 160.7ks.

<table class="commsTable"><tbody><tr><td width="30" align="right">0.6
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, no run
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="30" align="right">0.5
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, no run, 155 kph, he;s onto the shot too early,mistimes the pull
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="30" align="right">0.4
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, 4 runs, 157 kph, that's a half volley outside off and he squeezes it past the covers, the ball slows down before the rope
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="30" align="right">0.4
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, 1 wide, 150 kph, down the leg side and Farhat tries to run it down to fine leg and he misses
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="30" align="right">0.3
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, no run, 160.7 kph! Phew, full outside off and Farhat reaches out to drive and he misses
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="30" align="right">0.2
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, no run, 159 kph! The gun's not kidding, this one skids through and hits his pads before he can blink
</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="30" align="right">0.1
</td> <td width="100%"> Tait to Imran Farhat, no run, 156 kph! Take that! Short outside off and he slashes at it, beaten for pace
</td></tr></tbody></table>

hoodlum
February 5, 2010, 07:59 AM
damn tait is the fastest in the world now

Surfer
February 5, 2010, 09:49 AM
Tait was on fire today and Pakistan got burned apart from being pwned, owned and humiliated. In their previous tours to Australia, they at least managed to win the odd game, but this time they lost nine in a row.

bangzewin4
February 5, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hitler finds out about Afridi biting the ball against Australia.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hh1XfXkowtw/default.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1XfXkowtw

Naimul_Hd
February 5, 2010, 01:04 PM
how do these pakis manage to lose this match ?!!!! :O

man, whenever i feel bad watching BD's game, somehow Pakistan makes me happy ! LOL

_Rafi_
February 5, 2010, 02:19 PM
A matured Tait would be great asset for Australia. Congrats him for reaching 160!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Banglatiger84
February 10, 2010, 03:19 AM
So whose the mystery guy? Kamran Akmal ?

One player spolit team unity - Yousuf

Mohammad Yousuf (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/43650.html), Pakistan's Test and ODI captain for the New Zealand and Australia tours, has targeted one player in the aftermath of the disastrous tour for being a particularly disruptive influence. Though he gave broad hints during a lengthy TV interview, he stopped short of revealing the name of the player.
"There is no doubt there is only one player in the team who is disturbing team unity and other players. I spoke to coach Intikhab Alam and other management about it and they agreed with me," Yousuf told Geo Super. "I will only disclose his name to the chairman of the board, Ijaz Butt."
"Intikhab Alam (coach), Abdur Raqeeb (manager) and [Shahid] Afridi know who the player is and we discussed it as well several times," Yousuf added. "From New Zealand onwards Intikhab was telling me to be wary of him, but I wanted to see for myself. I saw in Australia how his body language was and we dropped him from the Tests. We decided in Australia during a meeting that we had to do something about him."
Pakistan lost the Test series 3-0 in Australia, were whitewashed 5-0 in the ODIs for only the second time in history, and lost the final game of the tour as well - a Twenty20 international at the MCG.
Though Yousuf was widely appreciated as a leader of the group off the field, his on-field captaincy came in for much criticism, in particular from the last day of the Sydney Test onwards. His cause wasn't helped by a statement from the board chairman midway through the tour - denied eventually - that the captaincy would change hands once the tour ended.
Yousuf said the statement had an effect on the side. "I don't know when the statement was made, but when it was, suddenly everyone in the team changed. Six or seven players started to see themselves as captains all of a sudden. At the start of the tour in New Zealand, the players were cooperating with me, but as the tour went on I felt they weren't because they knew I wouldn't be captain in the next series."
Yousuf defended his leadership, arguing that nobody wanted the job when the toughest challenges presented themselves. "I don't have natural leadership qualities in me but I have tried hard to do a good job of the responsibility given to me," he said. "It is unfair to compare me with Ricky Ponting as far as captaincy is concerned because he is far more experienced. I accepted the captaincy in the best interest of my country.
"If you look around the world every country's top performing player is the captain. If in Pakistan a youngster becomes the top performing player in the side by all means make him captain. I did it at a difficult time when nobody was prepared to do it."
<!-- body area ends here -->

yaseer
February 10, 2010, 03:32 AM
So whose the mystery guy? Kamran Akmal ?

or Shoaib Malik?

Banglatiger84
February 10, 2010, 04:50 AM
S Malik didnt play the 1st 2 Aus tests; and Yusuf said the mystery guy was dropped in Australia after he noticed his body language....

On other hand Yusuf and Shoaib have a bit of a bad blood between them ...
Shoaib publicly praised Afridi's captaincy in the ODI's...