PDA

View Full Version : Electronic scoreboards and other things

Tigers_eye
December 29, 2009, 12:07 PM
When we will see these things in Mirpur and Chittagong stadium?

The flood light we have currently at Mirpur isn't that borrowed from Bogura?

Open ended project never ends. The Promise (one of the best stadium in South Asia) that was given (which is in my avatar) will never be fulfilled.

al Furqaan
December 29, 2009, 03:41 PM
the current floodlights were recently installed (before ZIM series)...i think they are the permenent ones, the kitply cup ones came from BNS i believe temporarily. even if they are bogra's, bogra is not hosting any matches so maybe SBNS should just take them.

electronic scoreboards are an issue, although current ones look pretty good. what about the jumbo TV? do we have that at SBNS? i notice they have a decent audio system in place already...need some video, preferably 16:9.

bangla-red
December 29, 2009, 07:01 PM
There's not a lot of sub-continental stadiums that have electronic scoreboards...

Nasif
December 29, 2009, 08:39 PM
Open ended project never ends. The Promise (one of the best stadium in South Asia) that was given (which is in my avatar) will never be fulfilled.

I agree 100%. Those who are new to the forum might not be aware of this comprehensive article about Mirpur stadium published in 2006:
A BanglaCricket Exclusive: The Mirpur Stadium (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=428)

Not sure how much of it actually materialized; but its really unfortunate that we couldn't wrap this up in over 3 years time. I had high hopes.

rio
December 29, 2009, 10:46 PM
A budget of around 250 cr was approved in ECNEC meetings for the development work in 5 stadiums (Shere-e-bangla, Bangabandhu, Fatullah, Cht Div Std & khulna Div Std).

bujhee kom
December 29, 2009, 11:19 PM
Very good thread dear Mijan dada bhai!
Thank you for the good detailed info dear rio bhai! Those are great numbers!

Rommel
December 30, 2009, 02:43 AM
what about the jumbo TV? do we have that at SBNS? i notice they have a decent audio system in place already...need some video, preferably 16:9.

Yeah, there is a jumbo TV. I saw it the last time I went to a match at SBNS during the Kitply Cup.

Neel Here
December 30, 2009, 06:37 AM
There's not a lot of sub-continental stadiums that have electronic scoreboards...

I think all major ones do.

Tigers_eye
December 30, 2009, 08:47 AM
A budget of around 250 cr was approved in 2 ECNEC meetings for the development work in 5 stadiums (Shere-e-bangla, Bangabandhu, Fatullah, Cht Div Std & khulna Div Std). The tenders were called in 24 packages and Dec 15th was the submission date. It has been more than 2 weeks since the tender closed but still the NSC are in a dilemma over who to assign the works as there are political pressures to favour contractors with ruling party links. Technically, responsive tenderers with lowest bids should get the jobs. The contractors will have 9 months to complete everything. ICC would come for the final inspection at end of Oct 2010.

Below are the list of the 24 packages and their estimated budget.

Thank you very much for the detailed info on the updates and budget allocated.

(Highlighted portion) This culture must stop. The tender which provides best quality within the budget (ofcourse reputable company who have done similar projects) should get the bid. There are specific ways to evaluate tenders and assign points. Then there is an issue of monitoring processes.

Tenders are nothing more than outsourcing.

mac
December 30, 2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, there is a jumbo TV. I saw it the last time I went to a match at SBNS during the Kitply Cup.

No, there isn't any jumbo TV. In the kitply Cup Phillips sponsored a temporary jumbo TV only for that series.

hoodlum
December 30, 2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah they should have a permanent jumbo tv and a electronic scoreboard at the SBNS.

SMHasan
February 10, 2010, 01:42 PM
Mirpur does not have permanent video screen, electronic scoreboard or floodlights yet. These were shifted temporarily. The tender has been called for the development work as another member mentioned.

al-Sagar
February 13, 2010, 01:12 AM
i think we are late on schedule, have to take some emergency steps

Tigers_eye
February 17, 2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=16249&pageTitle=details&editionID=939
Shala dhila'r dhila.

We are just around getting to plan to upgrade facilities. Not even a year left. Then comes the rain delay, supply delay, need more money, emergency fund obstruction etc.

Ajfar
February 22, 2010, 12:16 AM
^^^^ T_E bhai wachu talking about, we are right on time. we will be done with everything just about half an hour before the opening ceremony.

HoJoBoRoLo
March 12, 2010, 05:47 AM
giant screens already there in Mirpur stadium. though they shown some ads and channel i logo most of the time. and other thing like lights, chairs and shades are gonna be there. BCB gonna start to work on that after this England series. and when i was in Mirpur stadium during zim tour, seen some construction were going on. Mirpur stadium was busy for long time. so, they couldn't start the work. but after this England tour, they are gonna start it with full speed.

al-Sagar
March 12, 2010, 10:42 PM
giant screens already there in Mirpur stadium. though they shown some ads and channel i logo most of the time. and other thing like lights, chairs and shades are gonna be there. BCB gonna start to work on that after this England series. and when i was in Mirpur stadium during zim tour, seen some construction were going on. Mirpur stadium was busy for long time. so, they couldn't start the work. but after this England tour, they are gonna start it with full speed.

sorry, the giant screen was temporary, it was sponsored during the trination for only that tournament and then removed.

it was missing during the england ODI's

al-Sagar
March 12, 2010, 10:44 PM
^^^^ T_E bhai wachu talking about, we are right on time. we will be done with everything just about half an hour before the opening ceremony.

but we need to hand the stadiums over to ICC at the end of october or november

Rabz
March 13, 2010, 01:49 AM
The process of installing Floodlights already started.
The first pole would be erected in about 2 months and should be completed within a week after.

auntu
March 27, 2010, 12:53 PM
The first pole would be erected in about 2 months and should be completed within a week after.
[বাংলা]তাহলে খাম্বা is on move?[/বাংলা]
:D

Sohel
March 28, 2010, 08:15 AM
They should get the cheaper, "labor intensive" ones made in Jinjira. Jegulor pechhone tokaira boshe chhoto chhoto bati jalay.

lamisa
March 29, 2010, 10:25 AM
the stadium @ mirpur looks sooo small compared to some of the indian ones:(.stand gula aro upore barano uchit.ekhon toh matro dui tala aro dui ek tala uthano uchit.

Tigers_eye
March 30, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hopefully they will test before amy games are played in there.