PDA

View Full Version : CI: Marking the moment in style

Ajfar
December 29, 2009, 09:05 PM
Aminul Islam in Bangladesh's maiden Test - Dhaka 2000
Nearly a decade has passed since Bangladesh were unveiled as cricket's 10th Test nation, and in that time they have managed just three Test victories in 61 attempts. Yet the disillusionment of those statistics could not be further removed from the optimism of Bangladesh's beginnings - in particular the fervent reception given to Aminul in Dhaka in November 2000, when he marked his country's inaugural Test with a nine-hour 145. Aminul's effort matched the feats of Charles Bannerman for Australia in 1877 and David Houghton for Zimbabwe in 1992 - the only other players to make three figures in their country's maiden Test - and it hoisted Bangladesh to an unlikely first-innings total of 400. Alas, the giddy heights did not last. India rolled them for 91 second time around to win by nine wickets, but Aminul's personal fame and fortune was secured there and then.

http://www.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/436615.html

one of the best innings ever played by a Bangladeshi batsman. I would love to see the highlights of that innings, but i doubt that will ever happen.

Purbasha T
December 29, 2009, 09:57 PM
Puran news bhai, we went thru that already. :)....was though glad to see our Bulbul in the list.

And hey, is there any ICC archive or something from where you can get cricket highlights of any of the matches that were televised?!?! If that was possible, we could've bought some; including '99 against Pak, '97 or '98 against Kenya in India, the first win against Zim in Zim in '03 etc etc.

Zeeshan
December 29, 2009, 10:11 PM
Sylheti bhai....nirasha hoyen na...you can still be the doyen thread opener, for division of Barisal :D

Ajfar
December 29, 2009, 10:13 PM
i went through like the first 3 page, i couldn't find it. Zeeshan bhai ki ar korbo my luck with new thread is just as bad as your.

bujhee kom
December 29, 2009, 11:08 PM
Arrey bhais very daroon good read!!! Piar ki Bulbul!! Very famous!!

BTW Ajfar bhai, Is that you on the photo? with the bib and yellow hat? Or your son?

Rifat
December 29, 2009, 11:50 PM
Arrey bhais very daroon good read!!! Piar ki Bulbul!! Very famous!!

BTW Ajfar bhai, Is that you on the photo? with the bib and yellow hat? Or your son?

yeah, that is a very nice pick indeed from ajfar's avatar :)looks just like him in real life ;)

Ajfar
December 30, 2009, 03:47 AM
that's my 6th month old nephew Yakin.

Purbasha T
December 30, 2009, 12:17 PM
i went through like the first 3 page, i couldn't find it.

There was no separate thread, it was within another one... Well, doesn't matter actually. Loads of us must've not watched that thread, anyway. So it's good you opened it.