PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs India: Idea Cup, 3rd ODI, Tri-Series at Dhaka (SBNS), January 7th, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

cricman
January 4, 2010, 04:39 PM
Time: TBA

Date: January 7th 2010

Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium

Squads:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3495/84042026.png

Banglacricket Coverage: Tourney home (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/TRI) | bulletins (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/TRI/bulletin.php) | news (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/TRI/news.php) | schedule/scores (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/TRI/schedule.php) | points (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/TRI/points.php) | articles (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/TRI/articles.php) ...

Chat Room
http://www.banglacricket.com/chat

:fanflag:

Dress Reherseal for 2/19/11

Zeeshan
January 4, 2010, 04:43 PM
lol

Shobhon
January 4, 2010, 04:44 PM
BDesh to win !!!!

Zeeshan
January 4, 2010, 04:45 PM
cricman has had enough....

no more frills....let's just pommel'em!

Yay! Go Bangladesh!!!

:flag:

BD-Shardul
January 4, 2010, 04:46 PM
Bimillah. Waiting to see Tamim-Zaheer Clash :D

Shobhon
January 4, 2010, 04:47 PM
:flag: Let us remind them WC again....

wiseshah
January 4, 2010, 04:49 PM
Bimillah. Waiting to see Tamim-Zaheer Clash :D

oh yeahhhhhhhhhh

wiseshah
January 4, 2010, 04:50 PM
is najmul in the squad? i thought he has withdrawn from the squad. how come india has 16 players

BD-Shardul
January 4, 2010, 05:06 PM
I really hope we win this match. It would be really ugly if we fail to register a single win in this tri series.

cricman
January 4, 2010, 05:12 PM
Since We know the Nature of the Wicket and we need as many runs as possible ... I sugesst we roll the dice.

Tamim Iqbal
Naeem Islam
Mohammed Ashraful
Rock (only to be fair to him)
Shakib
Mushy
Riad
Aftab Ahmed
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Rajib

Tigers_eye
January 4, 2010, 05:12 PM
Bismillah.
Ind can have 25 players in their team. That has no concern for any boards. The host will only provide lodging and Transportation for 15 players per side. The rest of the extra players expenses for the away teams, are beared by their board.

Antora
January 4, 2010, 05:29 PM
This is a match I'm looking forward to :)Good Luck Bangladesh
and please, NO SHAFIUL

Eshen
January 4, 2010, 05:36 PM
No need to change the team yet, don't chop Shafi off just after his debut match!

detshoitan
January 4, 2010, 05:40 PM
Rubel is horrible........drop Rakib (Aftab), Imrul (Nafees), Rubel for Rasel

nycpro96
January 4, 2010, 05:47 PM
Since We know the Nature of the Wicket and we need as many runs as possible ... I sugesst we roll the dice.

Tamim Iqbal
Naeem Islam
Mohammed Ashraful
Shakib
Mushy
Riad
Aftab Ahmed
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Rajib

My team.

cricman
January 4, 2010, 05:51 PM
No need to change the team yet, don't chop Shafi off just after his debut match!

after his 1st over vs Sewhag there wont be no more Shafi.

Rasel, Rajib, Nazmul came up the right way A Tours vs England, Zimbabwe, U-19's etc.

Rubel and Shafi have come up via the mashrafe way ... except they can't hold his jock strap. Masri was a 145K Beast and has learned to adapt to even be effective at 135.

These 2 idiots all Testosterone no brains, Rajib hits the right spots and gets wickets some how despite his idiocy

BD-Shardul
January 4, 2010, 06:01 PM
How about recalling Baisya?

wiseshah
January 4, 2010, 06:39 PM

sure. we should play him all 4 matches, so that he can learn some basic and we can lose easily.

wiseshah
January 4, 2010, 06:41 PM

Tamim Iqbal
Naeem Islam
Mohammed Ashraful
Shakib
Mushy
Riad
Aftab Ahmed
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel
Rajib

i think this should be the line up against india. i prefer aftab and naeem should interchange their position

Eshen
January 4, 2010, 06:44 PM
sure. we should play him all 4 matches, so that he can learn some basic and we can lose easily.
Well, I guess you will be happier to see old fools doing the job, ie losing matches, instead of taking your chance with the new guy.

Russell2k7
January 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
Naeem would be wasted at the top order. His position is good at the lower order. We need someone who can accelerate the innings toward the end.

Omio
January 4, 2010, 06:55 PM
This is a match I'm looking forward to :)Good Luck Bangladesh
and please, NO SHAFIUL
At the 1st look I thought u said NO ASHFUL
:-|

nycpro96
January 4, 2010, 06:58 PM
kayes did good but i fear he wont be good enough for the indians. naeem should open the innings alongside tamim

beshideshi
January 4, 2010, 07:00 PM
I think the only changes we should make are probably in the pace department, dropping Shafi now would hurt his confidence, but keeping him in the team would hurt Bangladesh. I say bring in Rasel in Shafi's place.

Rommel
January 4, 2010, 07:03 PM
kayes did good but i fear he wont be good enough for the indians. naeem should open the innings alongside tamim

India has the weakest bowling in this tournament...

wiseshah
January 4, 2010, 07:40 PM
kayees just made his highest innings in the last match
he was consistent though out DPL 20/20 and ODI---- and he was not looking bad yesterday. I think a 50 plus score is coming on the way.

though DPl and international is diff thing but i think kayes improved and he batted well though out his innings.
and no one will break a 50 plus partnership, do u guys know this is the highest opening partnership in last 10 matches.

nycpro96
January 4, 2010, 08:15 PM
India has the weakest bowling in this tournament...

Yes but they also have the strongest batting. So, if we bat first, we need runs on the board. So maybe Naeem can open to add some runs.

Russell2k7
January 4, 2010, 08:32 PM
We don't need to Naeem to open, we need him to accelerate in the end.

BD-Shardul
January 4, 2010, 08:36 PM
My line up against IND:

Tamim Iqbal Khan
Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Rokibul Hasan
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan (Slog)
Nayeem Islam (Slog)
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Abdur Razzaq

Beamer
January 4, 2010, 08:55 PM
Our pace attack is a real worry. No matter how our batsmen does or how many runs we score, I just don't see us putting up any fight without any service from the pace men. Gone are the days of Mash-Rasel giving us quality 20 overs ( with rasel finishing his on the trot ). They are a distant memory now. Its unfair to lay it on the new guys like Shafi and Rubel. They are years away from intl quality. But, we have nobody else to take the mantle. The revolving door of new pacers are reminiscent of the days of revolving openers in and out of the sqaud. We must set up a national pool of selected eight-ten potential quicks and give them all the support staff, training facility, coaches, physios, dietary guidance etc from RIGHT NOW..

Zeeshan
January 4, 2010, 09:03 PM
Shardul bhai I think I like the way how you arranged your team to give slog overs to Shakib. That may actually be more beneficial than hiring some namby pamby new bowlers for the team.

Rommel
January 4, 2010, 09:08 PM
Our pace attack is a real worry. No matter how our batsmen does or how many runs we score, I just don't see us putting up any fight without any service from the pace men. Gone are the days of Mash-Rasel giving us quality 20 overs ( with rasel finishing his on the trot ). They are a distant memory now. Its unfair to lay it on the new guys like Shafi and Rubel. They are years away from intl quality. But, we have nobody else to take the mantle. The revolving door of new pacers are reminiscent of the days of revolving openers in and out of the sqaud. We must set up a national pool of selected eight-ten potential quicks and give them all the support staff, training facility, coaches, physios, dietary guidance etc from RIGHT NOW..

agreed.

Dhruvo
January 4, 2010, 09:10 PM
The problem with our other pacers besides mash and rasel is that they lack control. Mash and rasel realized a long time ago that in international cricket, bowling smart and slightly slower with movement off the seam is more efficient than bowling easy to hit 135kmh "fast" deliveries that have no movement at all. Rubel and shafiul need to work on their accuracy, if they cannot bowl according to the field with their current pace, then they should go slower, but going slower is of course a short term strategy. Pacers like rubel, who have a natural talent for raw speed will have to learn how to control their line and length at 90mph one day. But its a shame to see shahadat lack control over his 125kmh deliveries, I don't think he will ever come back from this slump in form. I agree 100% with you about giving our younger pacers better facilities and coaches, this should help them avoid become someone like shahadat.

Rommel
January 4, 2010, 09:14 PM
so who was the pacer coach during the 07 WC and why was he fired?

Dhruvo
January 4, 2010, 09:23 PM
so who was the pacer coach during the 07 WC and why was he fired?
I don't think we had one in the wc 2007...

tan96
January 5, 2010, 01:35 AM
Drop Rubel,not shafiul.We should give him another chance.

Rabz
January 5, 2010, 02:02 AM
Going to the match with fellow BCites.
Bought a BD jersey the other day.
Excited.

We shall win, Inshallah.

WarWolf
January 5, 2010, 02:04 AM
after his 1st over vs Sewhag there wont be no more Shafi.

Rasel, Rajib, Nazmul came up the right way A Tours vs England, Zimbabwe, U-19's etc.

Rubel and Shafi have come up via the mashrafe way ... except they can't hold his jock strap. Masri was a 145K Beast and has learned to adapt to even be effective at 135.

These 2 idiots all Testosterone no brains, Rajib hits the right spots and gets wickets some how despite his idiocy

Why we are so intolerant? That was the first game of the boy and he didn't have any experienced partner with him. Why are you guys after the debutant? If we need experience in the pace side then Rubel has to be dropped to give Rasel the spot.

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 02:09 AM
inshallah going to watch (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=31649) this match live on Jan 7 from Mirpur with fellow BC'ers!! :)
I want to get a "poysha ushul" match....you know what I mean....beating India black and blue :D

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 02:10 AM
inshallah going to watch this match live on Jan 7 from Mirpur with fellow BC'ers!! :)
I want to get a "poysha ushul" match....you know what I mean....beating India black and blue :D

[বাংলা]আপনার আশা আল্লাহ পাক পূরন করুক।[/বাংলা] :-p

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 02:13 AM
guys,

if you guys are complaining about pace, then whatever happened to Tarek Aziz, Talha Zobair..are they still good enough,in form?

I have heard about Subhashis roy a lot...how is he these days? agree with warwolf, shafiul should be given another chance...

Rubel Hossain bowled ok but not good enough against the likes of TM Dilshan+Sangakkara.

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 02:18 AM

Well, I guess you will be happier to see old fools doing the job, ie losing matches, instead of taking your chance with the new guy.
I agree with Eshen bhai. Shafi surely deserves few more chances. :)

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 02:19 AM
Naeem would be wasted at the top order. His position is good at the lower order. We need someone who can accelerate the innings toward the end.
Ditto. :)

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 02:20 AM
just to share the history when BC'ers got Kiwis alive!! here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=28037) and here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=27885&highlight=join+fellow) :)
wiseman says "history reapets itself" ..... I believe him too!! :flag::flag::flag:

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 02:25 AM
just to share the history when BC'ers got Kiwis alive!! here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=28037) and here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=27885&highlight=join+fellow) :)
wiseman says "history reapets itself" ..... I believe him too!! :flag::flag::flag:
Abar asha jegey uthlo mone... :)

Rabz
January 5, 2010, 04:33 AM
Pasha bhai et all, get ready to make some noise, once again.
We gonna rock the stadium.

BANFAN
January 5, 2010, 06:21 AM
We need a good pacer; JS rightlly said in his Interview; "Some one forgot to teach them the variations"

Hope they get back Shahadat for this match, He is far superior a bowler than any of the other BD pacers at the moment. He has a lot of varieties and his bouncers or Yorkers could be very effective on these pitches.

I don't find any reason, why he wasn't played in the last match.

zainab
January 5, 2010, 06:45 AM
The fast bowling coach is useless. Why is BCB persisting with him? Pace bowling has regressed since he was hired. BCB is so slow to rectify errors, they seem to know nothing of cricket.

al Furqaan
January 5, 2010, 07:13 AM
i hope shafi fixes his line and length...and ditto for rubel (who bowled some good balls).

revolver
January 5, 2010, 08:49 AM
socca naeem can come at the end and smash everyone...i am also very eager to see zaheer vs tamim...want to see who is more successful this time

SMHasan
January 5, 2010, 08:52 AM
Pasha bhai et all, get ready to make some noise, once again.
We gonna rock the stadium.

You guys aren't going anywhere without me :)
And if you guys won't enjoy yourself by cheering/making noise then I will leave you and will sit in another noisy stand!!!!!

On another note: I am worried for our bowling...it went bad...very bad yesterday. At the same time hope they find their line and length.

Hoping for some golden moments again....Come On Tigers...Let's bleed one more time....

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 10:33 AM
Win the toss to win the match (as long as we bowl first)....
why are all the matches day night??? They should have made first leg day/night and second leg day match. stupid organisation.

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 10:36 AM

Against India, bowling should be the main concern. They have a murderous batting line-up. Their bowling is weaker than SL's.

Umar
January 5, 2010, 10:37 AM
take it from me, WE WIN THE TOSS, WE WIN THE GAME INSHALLAH

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 10:38 AM

How about replacing Shafiul with a spinner? Conventional wisdom calls for at least 2 pacers, but conventional wisdom may not be what we need.

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 10:46 AM
The problem with our other pacers besides mash and rasel is that they lack control. Mash and rasel realized a long time ago that in international cricket, bowling smart and slightly slower with movement off the seam is more efficient than bowling easy to hit 135kmh "fast" deliveries that have no movement at all. Rubel and shafiul need to work on their accuracy, if they cannot bowl according to the field with their current pace, then they should go slower, but going slower is of course a short term strategy. Pacers like rubel, who have a natural talent for raw speed will have to learn how to control their line and length at 90mph one day. But its a shame to see shahadat lack control over his 125kmh deliveries, I don't think he will ever come back from this slump in form. I agree 100% with you about giving our younger pacers better facilities and coaches, this should help them avoid become someone like shahadat.

It should be mandatory for young pacers to watch McGrath video daily. Plus, they need to watch Lillie, Roberts, Marshall, etc., in the latter part of their careers. They all breathed fire in their younger days. However, they became even more effective when they lost their pace, by concentrating on accuracy, variation, and deception. It will take a while to get this point across, though.

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:49 AM
i also want bd to bat second if they win the toss

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 10:50 AM
The fast bowling coach is useless. Why is BCB persisting with him? Pace bowling has regressed since he was hired. BCB is so slow to rectify errors, they seem to know nothing of cricket.

I have been advocating hiring of a good fast bowling coach. Is Kapil Dev available? Or, Sarfraz Newaz? These were thinking pacers.

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 10:51 AM
i also want bd to bat second if they win the toss

I want BD to bat 2nd even if we lose the toss...

godzilla
January 5, 2010, 10:56 AM
as batting wise ... not sure if imrul is the right man at the top! maybe its time for aftab or nafees to step in (or better keep aftab for the later slogging and put naeem on top with tamim)

Bowling wise ---> no more newbees --- i rather prefer shadat and rasel over those 2 (experience from before helps a bit i suppose) ... rajib leaks run but not like the way those 2 leaked runs! they lost us the match in 6 over man:hairpull:!

Beamer
January 5, 2010, 11:43 AM
How about replacing Shafiul with a spinner? Conventional wisdom calls for at least 2 pacers, but conventional wisdom may not be what we need.

Yeah we could do that. But, keep in mind if we lose the toss and had to field later, the dew factor in this series will make sure an added spinner is no advantage at all. In case we add another spinner, I would like to see Enam back in the squad.

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 11:46 AM
the last thing on the Indian Think tank's mind is to take us lightly... i doubt if they win toss they will bat first...

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 11:51 AM
we should also realize another solid truth:

how many G8 matches have we won without Mortaza providing the early blow??? :(

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
Rasel bowls slow. And that is the trick in slow wickets to confuse batsmen.

His handicap is an asset.

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 12:12 PM

the question is, who should be dropped to make way for Syed Rasel? I would Drop Shafiul...but would that be a wise decision? i am not really sure...tough call...

crikfreak
January 5, 2010, 12:38 PM
waiting for the match.... insha allah.... everything will happen 4 the best.....

Rizvi
January 5, 2010, 12:52 PM

I think the next game is too big for our tournament chances to give Shafiul another shot....Rasel is definitely starting with rubel.

But i think Imrul is most likely getting another shot...although I'd rather like to see SN or even (like some suggested) Naeem opening with Tamim.

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 02:12 PM
[বাংলা]আমার কেন জানি হঠাত মনে হচ্ছে ভারতের সাথে ম্যাচটায় আমরা ইনশাল্লাহ জিতব।[/বাংলা] e-)

bd fan
January 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
all i can say is if we win the toss BOWL FIRST
Sri Lanka fielded first today and won the match against india
ITS ALL ABOUT THE DEW ;)

SS
January 5, 2010, 02:23 PM
[বাংলা]আমার কেন জানি হঠাত মনে হচ্ছে ভারতের সাথে ম্যাচটায় আমরা ইনশাল্লাহ জিতব।[/বাংলা] e-)

Amar to khali ultata mone hoi...

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 02:27 PM
Amar to khali ultata mone hoi...
ei karonay jokhon BD jetey tokhon annondota onek beshi, ar harley "no big deal" feeling hoi, right?

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 02:30 PM

[বাংলা]আমারও কেন জানি না তাই মনে হচ্ছে। আমীন।[/বাংলা]

First, we need to win the toss. Second, we need to bowl and field well. Third, we need to chase sensibly, not losing more than two wickets in the first 35 overs.

SS
January 5, 2010, 02:33 PM
ei karonay jokhon BD jetey tokhon annondota onek beshi, ar harley "no big deal" feeling hoi, right?

Ji...

AsifTheManRahman
January 5, 2010, 02:33 PM
[বাংলা]জেতা ছাড়া উপায় নাই। এটা হারলে ফাইনাল খেলা অনিশ্চিত। জিততে পারলে ভাল লাগবে কারন ক্রিকেটে ভারতকে পর পর দুইটা লাথি খেতে দেখার চেয়ে বড় সুখ এই দুনিয়াতে নাই।[/বাংলা]

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
I have been advocating hiring of a good fast bowling coach. Is Kapil Dev available? Or, Sarfraz Newaz? These were thinking pacers.

Any of you watched the Indian cricket movie "Iqbal?" If you have not, I would highly recommend this heart-warming movie. Our pacers need to practice like Iqbal, a deaf and mute. He practiced by putting a coin on the pitch and pitching on the coin. In the movie, he becomes India's most feared (and devious) fast bowler.

SS
January 5, 2010, 02:36 PM
[বাংলা]জেতা ছাড়া উপায় নাই। এটা হারলে ফাইনাল খেলা অনিশ্চিত। জিততে পারলে ভাল লাগবে কারন ক্রিকেটে ভারতকে পর পর দুইটা লাথি খেতে দেখার চেয়ে বড় সুখ এই দুনিয়াতে নাই।[/বাংলা]

Agree but amader obosta to korun....last match e shobai hal chere dichilo...bujlam na team er modde ki kono dola doli hoitase...WI eo to team ta bhalo chilo...

SS
January 5, 2010, 03:00 PM
Amar doubt hocche BD players committment niye...

hoodlum
January 5, 2010, 03:03 PM
We have a weak bowling attack and i am doubtful to stand neck to neck against India.They have a very good batting lineup.I am not hopeful at all just coz our bowling (read fast bowling) su*** big time.We have only Sakib and Razzak who will bowl the full 10 overs and the rest (Rubel/Rasel/Shafiul/Riyad/Naeem) are there to complete the numbers.I say bring back Enamul (or even Shuvo).

I am missing Rafiq,Mortaza.
Just imagine our bowling attack: Mortaza,Rafiq,Sakib,Razzak

We could have been one of the better sides in ODI cricket with the likes of those missing bowlers and a good batting lineup of this tri nation cup.

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 03:28 PM
I still despise the forced retirement of Mohammad Rafique. Why he was forced to retire when he still can easily deliver 10 economical overs? Politics > Interest of the game and nation.

abu2abu
January 5, 2010, 03:37 PM
We need a 3rd seamer for the game against india. I think we have too many spinners, given the type of wicket and the opposition we're facing.

Either rasel or shahadat should come in in addition to Shafiul and rubel. But that would mean dropping riyad, razzak or naeem. we need naeem and riyad for their batting and razzak is our most experienced (and effective) spinner. It's a tough call.

The only other alternative is to drop a riyad or naeem and bring aftab in on the proviso that he bowls 5 or 6 overs of military medium. Either way it's not ideal...

shuziburo
January 5, 2010, 04:01 PM
We need a 3rd seamer for the game against india. I think we have too many spinners, given the type of wicket and the opposition we're facing.

Either rasel or shahadat should come in in addition to Shafiul and rubel. But that would mean dropping riyad, razzak or naeem. we need naeem and riyad for their batting and razzak is our most experienced (and effective) spinner. It's a tough call.

The only other alternative is to drop a riyad or naeem and bring aftab in on the proviso that he bowls 5 or 6 overs of military medium. Either way it's not ideal...

Aren't you overlooking that we don't have an effective pacer available? Since Mashrafe was injured and Rasel became ineffective, our spinners have been carrying our bowling.

I would, in fact, recommend dropping one pacer and bringing back Enamul. A much better option be unretiring Rafique, but that is too sensible for BCB to consider.

akabir77
January 5, 2010, 04:15 PM
Jagooooooooooooo Bangladesh

<object width="425" height="344">

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJ6HEKb7oG8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qJ6HEKb7oG8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></param"></object>

hoodlum
January 5, 2010, 04:25 PM
I still despise the forced retirement of Mohammad Rafique. Why he was forced to retire when he still can easily deliver 10 economical overs? Politics > Interest of the game and nation.

Totally agreed.

If BCB acts smart they can still bring back Rafique but thats not gonna happen.

abu2abu
January 5, 2010, 04:33 PM
Aren't you overlooking that we don't have an effective pacer available? Since Mashrafe was injured and Rasel became ineffective, our spinners have been carrying our bowling.

I would, in fact, recommend dropping one pacer and bringing back Enamul. A much better option be unretiring Rafique, but that is too sensible for BCB to consider.

Who's to say shahdat or rasel will be ineffective? They've not yet bowled in the series.

I certainly don't think yet another spinner is the answer. Of the two paltry wickets we took yesterday, neither fell to a spinner despite the fact that we had 4 spinners operating (5 if you include Ash's solitary over)!

Enamul is not in the squad, so I don't think a recall for him is likely. If the selectors are looking beyond the 15-man squad, there are certainly more options. Even Tapash or Reza could return...

hoodlum
January 5, 2010, 05:04 PM
I certainly don't think yet another spinner is the answer. Of the two paltry wickets we took yesterday, neither fell to a spinner despite the fact that we had 4 spinners operating (5 if you include Ash's solitary over)!

Out of 4 two are useless (Yes,Riyad and Naeem aren't any answer to a stronger batting lineup)

fais
January 5, 2010, 06:53 PM
Who's to say shahdat or rasel will be ineffective? They've not yet bowled in the series.

Enamul is not in the squad, so I don't think a recall for him is likely. If the selectors are looking beyond the 15-man squad, there are certainly more options. Even Tapash or Reza could return...

i wud be willing to risk dropping a batsman e.g. raqibul, for a third pacer

fais
January 5, 2010, 06:55 PM

how is adding more of an ineffective thing going to make the situation any better - our two top spinners cudnt make any headway how is enamul going to help the situation?

AsifTheManRahman
January 5, 2010, 06:58 PM
With these bowlers, the only way we can win this is if we score 400 and the Indian batsmen have a bad day. So maar Ashrafuilla maar!!

nycpro96
January 5, 2010, 07:56 PM
With these bowlers, the only way we can win this is if we score 400 and the Indian batsmen have a bad day. So maar Ashrafuilla maar!!

:up:

sbsash
January 5, 2010, 08:12 PM
my line up....
1. Tamim
2. Nafees
3. Ashraful B
4. Mushfiq (WK)
5. Sakib B
6. Aftab/Alok B
7. Naeem B
8. Mahmudullah B
9. Razzak B
10. Rasel B
11. Rubel B

Shafiul can play in the match after this if we lose.

Jesus87
January 5, 2010, 08:19 PM
We are getting thrashed tomorrow

Shehwar
January 5, 2010, 08:20 PM

If by that you mean India then I guess you are right! You guys will be thrashed tomorrow by the roaring Tigers ...

ahms
January 5, 2010, 08:27 PM

Saeed Rasel in place for Shafiul
SN for Imrul
Aftab for Rakibul before it is too late.

Shakib should take a break if he fails to perform in next match.

TOM-JOAD
January 5, 2010, 08:38 PM
I hope BD wins and bat second, since everyone consider dew to be a big factor...... However, after losing their game today to Sri Lanka they wont be taking tomorrows game litely... good luck to you guys....

Our Injury list continues... Chamara silva will be replaced by Chandimal, as far as I consider its a blessing since this Kid plays good cricket and every one wants him in the team sooner rather than later.

http://www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/content/player/300628.html

beshideshi
January 5, 2010, 08:43 PM
I have always believed that a team should play with their best 4[or 5] bowlers, regardless of what is their specialty. And if we go with out best 5 bowlers, 4 of them at the moment will be spinners. And we need to realize that, if we dont play our best bowlers we cant win. Let India be the best team against spin, but if Raz/Shak keeps their line & length like they did against SL, I would prefer them over any pacer in our team.

detshoitan
January 5, 2010, 08:55 PM
relax ppl tomorrow will be a good game

India lost to SL in their 1st ODI- they will play with full caution and confidence. Do u guys remember India went nuts after losing to BD in the World Cup, they scored 400+ against Bermuda? How about 2004 when we beat them in Bongabondu stadium, dhaka? remember the following game they scored 300+ and beat us like we were u10 cricket team?

Positive: If they get over confidence they will try to hit 6 and 4 off every ball and our hybrid (tapash kumar + shahadat hossain) paceman Rubel might get few wickets...we may create a new history tomorrow!!!

Negative: If their batsmen get going they will not show any mercy. Gautam and Sehwag, dhoni, Raina had bad day yesterday so they will try to score alotttttttts of runs...

If by that you mean India then I guess you are right! You guys will be thrashed tomorrow by the roaring Tigers ...

detshoitan
January 5, 2010, 09:00 PM
thanks buddy, we will create a history tomorrow....I actually like SL team, after bd u guys are my fav. team...i dont like paki n i never liked indians.....i hope u guys can distroy indians in the final...good luck in advance

I hope BD wins and bat second, since everyone consider dew to be a big factor...... However, after losing their game today to Sri Lanka they wont be taking tomorrows game litely... good luck to you guys....

Our Injury list continues... Chamara silva will be replaced by Chandimal, as far as I consider its a blessing since this Kid plays good cricket and every one wants him in the team sooner rather than later.

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:11 PM

And, our selectors came from "heaven"...

...http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ssqgm0ylTNYTIM:http://mydogumentary.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/turkey.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://mydogumentary.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/turkey.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mydogumentary.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/i-am-embarrassed-with-myself/&usg=__bD2GS3AVLrSxw3nSkquQK_DwF2g=&h=533&w=400&sz=54&hl=en&start=36&um=1&tbnid=ssqgm0ylTNYTIM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dturkey%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN %26start%3D20%26um%3D1) has more brain than "them".:timeout:

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:13 PM
Amar moner kotha upni janlen kemne?!!!;)

Shehwar
January 5, 2010, 09:16 PM
thanks buddy, we will create a history tomorrow....I actually like SL team, after bd u guys are my fav. team...i dont like paki n i never liked indians.....i hope u guys can distroy indians in the final...good luck in advance

What makes you think India will reach the final?

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:16 PM
Amar doubt hocche BD players committment niye...
Ki je bolen SS bhai! I have no doubt about their committment at all.

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:21 PM
Not "we", it's you...!;)

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
In test, Enamul should get a call, not in ODI against India!:)

Purbasha T
January 5, 2010, 09:32 PM
I think we need to keep the same squad or just bring in Rasel for Rubel. Shafiul deserves another chance and dropping Rubel wouldn't harm much as he hasn't been doing anything extraordinary plus he's been around for a while, so the axe wouldn't dishearten him. No question of dropping Raqibul, and Imrul should get another go as well.

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:33 PM

Sri Lanka played really well yesterday. Looks like your team is likely to going to win the cup. :)

kalpurush
January 5, 2010, 09:38 PM
I think we need to keep the same squad or just bring in Rasel for Rubel. Shafiul deserves another chance and dropping Rubel wouldn't harm much as he hasn't been doing anything extraordinary plus he's been around for a while, so the axe wouldn't dishearten him. No question of dropping Raqibul, and Imrul should get another go as well.
Agree. But, he can wait...

Country > Shaiful > Me. ;)

So, Russel should be in tomorrow in place of Shaiful. I would also like Shahadat in place of RBX. Though RBX is the future IMO. :)

detshoitan
January 5, 2010, 10:04 PM
what gives a thought that Bangladesh will be able to beat either SL or India to reach the final? :lol:

What makes you think India will reach the final?

chol_bd123
January 5, 2010, 10:52 PM
we have no good pacers at the moment. BCB and the couch probably picked Shafiul for a reason. THey probably saw that he was better then both shahadat and Rasel so thats why he played. And if he is the best one in the squad then then we have no chance of beating India.

BD will probably use the strategy of bowling short against India. But inorder for short balls to be lethal, it has to be really fast. I dont thick that Rubel will be able to do this.

The team will probably try using Shahadat for the next match because he bowls short naturally. But his bouncers move at 68 mph. He will get thrashed both Gambhir and Sehwag and everyone else

Bruno
January 5, 2010, 11:14 PM
Why dont we just go with a spin heavy attack like we did against zimbabwe, bring the spinners in the 8th over onwards?

BANFAN
January 6, 2010, 12:14 AM
Why dont we just go with a spin heavy attack like we did against zimbabwe, bring the spinners in the 8th over onwards?

Have some respect for SL/Ind please, They are no Zim.

r_kalar_2
January 6, 2010, 12:50 AM

Well said. I think there is no need of any replacement for the next game. GO TIGERS......

wiseshah
January 6, 2010, 02:32 AM
my prediction: aftab will play tomorrow and he will fulfill one of medium pacers role. though i wanna see rasel and shahadat pairing.

line up probably

tamim
imrul kayes
ashraful
rokibul
mushfiq
shakib
mahmudullah
naeem
aftab
razzaq
rasel

bowling line up will be

rasel---aftab
shakib-razzaq-mahmudullah-naeem
ashraful

Dhakablues
January 6, 2010, 03:10 AM
It was interesting what Ashraful said in Prothom Alo today.. that if we do better than our 'Best' and if India plays less than normal cricket, we can win!! Doesnt seem like he is expecting to win against India.

However, I guess folks, including the players like Ashraful, are discounting the recent India-SL series scores too much to think that India suddenly became invincible. Some of mentioned before that Mirpur is not a high scoring pitch and the ball will keep low... only BD players are well accustomed to this wicket than anyone else. We also mentioned that the dew will become a factor and if we play with the right selection, we do have a strong possibility against ANY team.

The management did a terrible mistake to sensationalize the game by bringing in yet another rookie.. ( how many pacers did Rafiqul introduce and discard in his 2 year tenure??) and not going with international match experienced Rasel/Shahadat when experienced Mashrafee was out. We needed players with temperament. They went for Imrul Kayes whose average was 9.00 before the series instead of in form Shahrier Nafees who has a 30 plus average. Imrul didnt do too bad but its anyone's guess is that he will not survive against India and he wont be that lucky next match.

Had I been in the management team, I would've dropped both Ruble and Shafiul for Rasel and Shahadat. Atleast they can control the line than the two rookies. The rookies can be tried out in New Zealand where they will have bouncy pitches.

wiseshah
January 6, 2010, 04:10 AM
2 changes for sure

shafiul----with rasel---------------must
rubel------with shahadat----------must
imrul with nafees----even if we dont change, doesnt matter in this case.

wiseshah
January 6, 2010, 04:16 AM
Have some respect for SL/Ind please, They are no Zim.

india made 279
BD made 260

against BD--- srilanka had 3 senior----- sangakara, chamara silva, dashing dilshan
against india---srilanka had 1 senior------sangakara, still Sl beat india

against aussie---- india lost series, when aussie played most matches without
M clarke, johnson, siddles, james hopes, cameron white. a mcdonald,stuart clarke,haddin, graham manou, andrew symonds, katich,watson,brett lee,marcus north, ben hilfenhaus-----all due to injury and 1 suspension

do u think still india is unbeatable?

with proper combination, we can beat india in any given day

alzu1
January 6, 2010, 05:28 AM
u cant just depend on the spinners against india....u need guys who can bowl the yorkers,bouncers,and variations in the power play overs...otherwise...ghambir and shewag are gonna eat you ...

alzu1
January 6, 2010, 05:41 AM
or else shakib shud bowl in the pp instead of razzaq....there is a chance then to get shewag out.....and about the sl team...i dont think wel win this cup but really excited to see dinesh chandimal...one of ma fav players

Purbasha T
January 6, 2010, 05:42 AM
what gives a thought that Bangladesh will be able to beat either SL or India to reach the final? :lol:

Had that been our question as well, none of us would be in this forum discussing A-Z about our cricket. So, please..

beshideshi
January 6, 2010, 06:08 AM
I was really disturbed by what Ash said today in his interview, "if we play better than our best, and Ind plays has a rough day, then we will win"? Seriously? Are India that strong, I dont think so. IND-SL game, without Dilshan Sl managed to remove all doubts about the results around 30th over.
So I dont think India team are that much out of our reach. If we have a good day, regardless of how India plays, I think we can win.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 06:24 AM

Shafiul's 5 overs cost 39. Rubel's 7 cost 47. Given Rasel's current form or Shahadat's overall ODI record, I don't see them doing much better. Do we really need another 50 in 6 overs performance? Enamul has bowled well in ODI and may do well here.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 06:26 AM
how is adding more of an ineffective thing going to make the situation any better - our two top spinners cudnt make any headway how is enamul going to help the situation?

Our two top spinners yielded 80 in 20 overs. If Enamul does not cost more than 50 in 10 overs, that would certainly help the situation.

dark mage
January 6, 2010, 07:19 AM
Saeed Rasel in place for Shafiul
SN for Imrul
Aftab for Rakibul before it is too late.

Shakib should take a break if he fails to perform in next match.

Why replace Raqib with Aftab? So that we get a scoreboard like 0/4? If you watched the game, Raqib didnt throw his wicket away, he got out to a good ball and a stunning catch. He was unlucky, while Aftab will just throw his wicket away. What I love about this new Bangladesh Batting line-up is, they try to fight it out till the end, almost everyone wants to build partnerships. A batsman with an avg of 30+ getting dropped for a batsman who averages 22 just because Raqib did bad in only a single game is insensible to say the least.

While, when Aftab and SN and Kapali were there the Bangladesh team rarely reached scores of 200 or played the full 50 overs, but now thanks to players like Tamim, Mushfique, Raqib, Shaqib, Naeem, Riyad and more responsible batting by Ashraful have made reaching scores of 200+ possible almost consistent. We dont need weak-minded attacking player like Aftab, who are bad at running between the wickets, who doesnt know how to build partnerships and are selfish enough to only care about themselves and not stick to their game plan. This Bangladesh Batting line up shows that almost every batsmen are aware of their roles in the team. I doubt we need some one like Aftab in the team.

IMHO, we dont need to make any changes in our batting line-up, maybe switch Imrul for SN( even that isnt needed really) and we dont need to worry about our spinners, what we need to do is find some good fast bowlers who can keep the runs in check for the first 10 overs. The quality of our present fast-bowling reminds me of the Shanto-Monju era. Its like we had gone back in time, instead of moving forward with our fast-bowlers and their quality

zainab
January 6, 2010, 08:18 AM
I dont think that BD will win any matches here, this is not Zim and the WI, these are world class players in both teams. SL has some good young players who are trying to cement their place in the team by performing. This is a new team to watch out for more wins in the international arena.
IMO, it is good that BD is playing against these 2 teams, even if they lose, they will learn and gain experience to play against better teams. If they can improve their bowling, they can be more competitive.
What is happening to Sakib's form? Why did he go for that shot? He must curb his aggression at the beginning of his innings. Hopes he perform better from now on.

tahmid_yo
January 6, 2010, 08:18 AM
hopefully raqib well get to score more runs in the 2nd ODI.
hes a solid batsman although the other day he was lookin pretty offbeat.
Im expecting a good performance from him sometime soon:)
cmon tigers!

_Rafi_
January 6, 2010, 08:24 AM
Anyone knows will the match start earliar or not? It is not good for cricket where match result is predetermined by the toss. They can starts match atleast one hour earliar. If the day light saving system still active it would start one hour earliar of current schedule.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 08:24 AM
I have always believed that a team should play with their best 4[or 5] bowlers, regardless of what is their specialty. And if we go with out best 5 bowlers, 4 of them at the moment will be spinners. And we need to realize that, if we dont play our best bowlers we cant win. Let India be the best team against spin, but if Raz/Shak keeps their line & length like they did against SL, I would prefer them over any pacer in our team.

I am in 100% agreement.

abu2abu
January 6, 2010, 08:25 AM
I dont think that BD will win any matches here, this is not Zim and the WI, these are world class players in both teams. SL has some good young players who are trying to cement their place in the team by performing. This is a new team to watch out for more wins in the international arena.
IMO, it is good that BD is playing against these 2 teams, even if they lose, they will learn and gain experience to play against better teams. If they can improve their bowling, they can be more competitive.
What is happening to Sakib's form? Why did he go for that shot? He must curb his aggression at the beginning of his innings. Hopes he perform better from now on.

I disagree. If they win the toss, I think BD have every chance of causing an upset or two. BD probably have the best spin bowling unit in the competition and with players like Ash, Shakib, Naeem and Tamim they have batsmen capable of building competitive totals.

The key problem is the seam bowling, but even there we don't need an all-singing all-dancing opening bowler, we just need an honest grafter to chip in with some economical spells and the odd wicket much like rasel did in the 2007 World Cup. The spinners can take it from there...

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 08:31 AM
In test, Enamul should get a call, not in ODI against India!:)

I have not been impressed by Enamul as a test bowler. (In fact, our only good test bowler seems to be Shakib at the moment.) However, he has tools and temperament to excel in ODI.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 08:36 AM

Although India/SL are no Zimbabwe, a spin-heavy attack may be our best bet at this time. Having said that, we really need to review our game plan for pace bowling. In today's cricket, you need a good pace attack to win consistently. We have not produced a world-class pacer since Mashrafe.

reyme
January 6, 2010, 08:37 AM
india made 279
BD made 260
against BD--- srilanka had 3 senior----- sangakara, chamara silva, dashing dilshan
against india---srilanka had 1 senior------sangakara, still Sl beat india
against aussie---- india lost series, when aussie played most matches without
M clarke...-----all due to injury and 1 suspension

do u think still india is unbeatable?

with proper combination, we can beat india in any given day

Excellent Analysis. Now that's the spirit.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 08:44 AM

I think we will win 1 or 2 matches here. Shakib is not going to lose all tosses, I hope.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 08:47 AM
I disagree. If they win the toss, I think BD have every chance of causing an upset or two. BD probably have the best spin bowling unit in the competition and with players like Ash, Shakib, Naeem and Tamim they have batsmen capable of building competitive totals.

The key problem is the seam bowling, but even there we don't need an all-singing all-dancing opening bowler, we just need an honest grafter to chip in with some economical spells and the odd wicket much like rasel did in the 2007 World Cup. The spinners can take it from there...

I wish Rasel was in form. He could play this role well.

abu2abu
January 6, 2010, 08:53 AM
Shafiul's 5 overs cost 39. Rubel's 7 cost 47. Given Rasel's current form or Shahadat's overall ODI record, I don't see them doing much better. Do we really need another 50 in 6 overs performance? Enamul has bowled well in ODI and may do well here.

Enamul shows a lot of promise, but I don't think he's the answer. We need a decent seamer, especially in the Mirpur dew. If enamul comes in (as I say I don't think he will not least because he is not in the squad) he should replace another spinner (that would be naeem or riyad). That of course would weaken the batting.

I haven't checked the stats but I think Naeem was pretty expensive too (though probably not as expensive as shafiul).

I was wrong before, I forgot that mahmudullah eventually got Dilshan out, but the fact that rubel and shafiul were expensive doesn't mean we need another spinner. We just need some sensible seam bowling. Perhaps Mortaza or Nazmul will recover in time to play against india...?

beshideshi
January 6, 2010, 08:54 AM
I think this off form talk is BS, all a bowler needs to be back in form is a wicket, thats it. Take Rasel, his economical bowling can really put some pressure on the Indians. Specially when Sehwag/Gambhir/Yuvi is used to hitting 3 fours every over, few tight overs will buy us many wickets

Razi
January 6, 2010, 09:43 AM
Rasel set to replace Shafiul Islam for this match, Mash also had a good bowling session in the nets, who knows we might see him for a game, below are the pictures from today's practice.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/112300/112371.jpghttp://www.bangladesherkhela.com/adminpanel/pictures/1262787913.jpg
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/112300/112372.jpg
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/112300/112370.jpg

al Furqaan
January 6, 2010, 09:58 AM
so mash is steadily improving and SN has re-forgotten about haircuts?

i kind of wished shafi would get a 2nd match, but at this point even his extra pace is not enough to trouble batsmen without some skill and accuracy. so definitely good rasel is coming in, but bad that shafi gets the axe on debut.

if we win, we can really press for a finals berth, and i hope mash can come back for that match at least.

Tigers_eye
January 6, 2010, 10:02 AM
... and SN has re-forgotten about haircuts?...
Dhoni style.
+++
Hopefully Rasel can get an early break through. That is the key for any game.

tonoy
January 6, 2010, 10:02 AM
$10 to anyone who can cut SN's hair. This is just too ridiculous. Doesn't he have a wife? I think he finally managed to burn off some fats though.

series
January 6, 2010, 10:03 AM
Rasel set to replace Shafiul Islam for this match, Mash also had a good bowling session in the nets, who knows we might see him for a game, below are the pictures from today's practice.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/112300/112370.jpg

Love his style!! He might be the only one in Bd team who knows how to have a style.
Nafees all the way :big_hug::big_hug:

magic boy
January 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
thanx for some good quality pictures.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 10:14 AM

Is this a news item or speculation?

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 10:18 AM
Dhoni style.

Dhoni wears his hair long because he is a [বাংলা]সর্দারজী[/বাংলা]. I wish SN could bat like Dhoni, though.

Razi
January 6, 2010, 10:22 AM
Is this a news item or speculation?

[বাংলা]ঢাকা, জানুয়ারি ০৬ (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) (http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=117771&cid=26) - ভারতের বিপক্ষে একাদশেও পরিবর্তন আনা হয়েছে। গত ম্যাচেই অভিষিক্ত পেসার শফিউল ইসলামকে বিশ্রাম দিয়ে দলে নেয়া হয়েছে অভিজ্ঞ সৈয়দ রাসেলকে। দেশের পেসারদের মধ্যে নিয়ন্ত্রিত বোলিংয়ের সুনাম আছে তার। তাই রুবেল হোসেনের সঙ্গে সৈয়দ রাসেল ভালো করবেন বলেই মনে করেন মুশফিকুর রাহিম।[/বাংলা]

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 10:22 AM
$10 to anyone who can cut SN's hair. This is just too ridiculous. Doesn't he have a wife? I think he finally managed to burn off some fats though.

At least he does not have a ponytail. I know many find ponytail to be macho, but my fashion sense finds it to be just the opposite. I guess I am becoming ancient.

Tigers_eye
January 6, 2010, 10:28 AM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/adminpanel/pictures/1262787913.jpg (http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/photos.php?imageID=17174&editionID=901&pageTitle=Enlarge&backpageTitle=Todays Photos)

Mash is our version of Steve Austin.

revolver
January 6, 2010, 11:04 AM
come on boysssssss

detshoitan
January 6, 2010, 11:10 AM
guys, we played against india about 11 times..9 times we've scored 200+, 4 times 250+ so if we bowl first get them out under 300, we should see a fight tomorrow

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 11:15 AM
Wise decision to bring back Rasel.We dont have any other option.Hope Mortaza plays in atleast the last match.I would have liked to see Aftab tomorrow but i guess the team management has decided to stick with Roqibul and Kayes.

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 11:19 AM
Why replace Raqib with Aftab? So that we get a scoreboard like 0/4? If you watched the game, Raqib didnt throw his wicket away, he got out to a good ball and a stunning catch. He was unlucky, while Aftab will just throw his wicket away. What I love about this new Bangladesh Batting line-up is, they try to fight it out till the end, almost everyone wants to build partnerships. A batsman with an avg of 30+ getting dropped for a batsman who averages 22 just because Raqib did bad in only a single game is insensible to say the least.

While, when Aftab and SN and Kapali were there the Bangladesh team rarely reached scores of 200 or played the full 50 overs, but now thanks to players like Tamim, Mushfique, Raqib, Shaqib, Naeem, Riyad and more responsible batting by Ashraful have made reaching scores of 200+ possible almost consistent. We dont need weak-minded attacking player like Aftab, who are bad at running between the wickets, who doesnt know how to build partnerships and are selfish enough to only care about themselves and not stick to their game plan. This Bangladesh Batting line up shows that almost every batsmen are aware of their roles in the team. I doubt we need some one like Aftab in the team.

IMHO, we dont need to make any changes in our batting line-up, maybe switch Imrul for SN( even that isnt needed really) and we dont need to worry about our spinners, what we need to do is find some good fast bowlers who can keep the runs in check for the first 10 overs. The quality of our present fast-bowling reminds me of the Shanto-Monju era. Its like we had gone back in time, instead of moving forward with our fast-bowlers and their quality

When Aftab plays we have more realistic chance of getting to 300.I really want him to be in the final 11 coz we need to go for the kill i.e score 300 runs if we have to bat first.

Its true that Aftab is not consistent but he still is one of the best and attacking batsman of Bangladesh.We have to rely on him to score big runs against the stronger teams.As you can see it doesnt matter if we score 230+ in a game coz the game has been far more competitive these days where even 300 runs isnt enough to defend.

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 11:20 AM
And let me tell you,with Kayes and Roqibul in the team we have less chance to reach 300.

Rainman
January 6, 2010, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=Tigers_eye;1032421

Mash is our version of Steve Austin.[/QUOTE]

For a minute there I thought you meant Ian Austin , the England and Lancashire "allrounder":

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/19300/19301.jpg

Purbasha T
January 6, 2010, 11:34 AM
Love his style!! He might be the only one in Bd team who knows how to have a style.

Exactly man. It's good to have one or two freaks in a team. Everyone being the good boy never helps.

jisaan
January 6, 2010, 11:35 AM
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy

So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!

OH! GOD!! That time has come again!!!

jisaan
January 6, 2010, 11:44 AM
Suhash will get another opportunity ... i am sure! i have seen him bowling in league matches! he can work up some good pace
in the 1st match, it was nerve than anything else. and the sri lankans targeted him right from the word 'go' for obvious reasons!
he will bounce back soon

revolver
January 6, 2010, 11:46 AM

:notworthy::notworthy:...lol :D dont worry inshallah we will win

rashed411
January 6, 2010, 11:48 AM

isnt Bangladesh Win = 0%? cuz we lost against Srilanka?

revolver
January 6, 2010, 11:48 AM
do you guys think tamim is matured now??

jisaan
January 6, 2010, 11:51 AM
isnt Bangladesh Win = 0%? cuz we lost against Srilanka?
plz elaborate

HereWeGo
January 6, 2010, 11:59 AM

More than India, I really resent the pakis...Their loss yesterday was the best moment i had this year...... A Bangladesh win today(tomorrow) would make this even more awesome year....:-D

jisaan
January 6, 2010, 12:01 PM

Full name Tamim Iqbal Khan
Born March 20, 1989, Chittagong
Current age 20 years 292 days

M.H.Rubel
January 6, 2010, 12:02 PM

IMO He is not fully mature but will mature within few years.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

jisaan
January 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
More than India, I really resent the pakis...Their loss yesterday was the best moment i had this year...... A Bangladesh win today(tomorrow) would make this even more awesome year....:-D

that is your problem.....
but ... to remind you... we are talking abt bangladesh vs india match

jisaan
January 6, 2010, 12:13 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

at least he can exercise his voting rights and possess a driving license:-D

wiseshah
January 6, 2010, 12:15 PM
i dont wanna discard shafiul islam. i think he could have shown his potential if we would bat 2nd or if his bowling partner was mashrafe, najmul or rasel--i mean some seniors

but we need to win, so he should be rested, hopefullly he will bounce back

revolver
January 6, 2010, 12:18 PM
cant wait till he is fully matured
at least he can exercise his voting rights and possess a driving license:-D
lol..

Purbasha T
January 6, 2010, 12:27 PM

Even Newton (with help of Einstein) couldn't have worked that one out. :clap:

Equinox
January 6, 2010, 01:25 PM
My proposal: Drop Imrul, bring Rasel in, open with Mushfiq and promote Naeem to no. 6. That way we don't have to drop Shafi and he gets another chance and Rasel gets to play as well. And if we lose the toss and field second then we have three pacers to bowl and won't have to completely rely on spinners.

Tamim Iqbal
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Mohammad Ashraful
Raqibul Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan*
Naeem Islam
Mahmdullah
Abdur Razzak
Shafiul Islam
Rubel Hossain
Syed Rasel

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 01:31 PM
guys, we played against india about 11 times..9 times we've scored 200+, 4 times 250+ so if we bowl first get them out under 300, we should see a fight tomorrow

There is no guarantee on a given day. But, it appears that we have learned to consistently score 250+ and manage the chase.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 01:37 PM
And let me tell you,with Kayes and Roqibul in the team we have less chance to reach 300.

I am not sure about Kayes. However, if you have followed the recent ODI trends, if a team can score around 200 in 40 overs, while losing less than 3 wickets, reaching 300 is quite likely. However, it is important to have a couple of stabilizing batsmen in the team and lower-order batsmen who can accelerate in the last 10 overs. We need Raqibul as that stabilizing force.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 01:39 PM

He has matured a lot. However, I hope he matures a lot more. He can be a devastating opener if he does.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 01:42 PM

To tell you the truth, I don't care what happens to other teams. Not my concern. My only concern is winning WC 2011. If we can kick India or Pakistan's behind in the process, so be it. But, it will be sweet if we can beat up Australia.

A man can dream, can't he?

TOM-JOAD
January 6, 2010, 02:11 PM
I think, BD has a good chance of winning this game if the put their combined effort in it... Specially, after Sri Lankans win with six guys in the team with less than six games of experience,"

dark mage
January 6, 2010, 02:57 PM
When Aftab plays we have more realistic chance of getting to 300.I really want him to be in the final 11 coz we need to go for the kill i.e score 300 runs if we have to bat first.

Its true that Aftab is not consistent but he still is one of the best and attacking batsman of Bangladesh.We have to rely on him to score big runs against the stronger teams.As you can see it doesnt matter if we score 230+ in a game coz the game has been far more competitive these days where even 300 runs isnt enough to defend.

But with him in the tyeam, we run the risk of bundled out in 180 runs. Infact, I have only seen Aftab play cameos of 30,or35s. If he was that good, his average would have been better. Infact, Raqib's done well against the better teams but not as well against the zimbos. I just dont trust Aftab and never will. Atleast we know Ashraful has the grit to settle down in the wicket and applies himself properly but I have never seen Aftab play with responsibilty, he always plays a qucikfire 30 odd klnock, then throws the wicket away. Tell me, with him in the team, have we ever reached 250+ scores frequently? Forget about reaching scores of 300. If he wants to play, he can play as an opener but not in the place of the only stabilising pillar in our whole trigger-happy batting-line up, prone to self-destruct and collapse on themselves.

rashed411
January 6, 2010, 03:01 PM
plz elaborate

oh nvm, haha i thought those were real stats (win/loss % of 2010) not ur personal stats of joy ... lol

Rinathq
January 6, 2010, 03:02 PM
My team would be,
Tamim Iqbal
Mushfiqur Rahim
Aftab Ahmed
Raqibul Hasan
Saqibul Hasan
Ashraul
Naem Islam
Mahumudullah
Syed Rasel
Rubel Hossain

It was foolish to have Shafiul debut against such a powerful team. I don't think he is a bad bowler but he won't stand a chance against India. ITS NOT T20!! We need consistent players......
It would be harder to beat India but we need Ash, Tamim to perform again. The thing that prevented Bangladesh from a big score last time was, 65-1, 71-2, 71-3, 74-4
This kind of drop automatically puts a pressure on the remaing, we need to prevent that from hapenning. Also the bowling was terrible by the seamers. We need the seamers to perform because spin is NO problem for Sri Lanka.

At the same time, I think Bangladesh was overconfident. After having 3 sucessful tours, they took it lightly. Don't deny it, its the truth
Also, if they can gave Shafiul a chance, than why not Aftab??

Win toss, BOWL......it gets really hard bowling at night in the dew. The bowl slips easily

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 03:10 PM
But with him in the tyeam, we run the risk of bundled out in 180 runs. Infact, I have only seen Aftab play cameos of 30,or35s. If he was that good, his average would have been better. Infact, Raqib's done well against the better teams but not as well against the zimbos. I just dont trust Aftab and never will. Atleast we know Ashraful has the grit to settle down in the wicket and applies himself properly but I have never seen Aftab play with responsibilty, he always plays a qucikfire 30 odd klnock, then throws the wicket away. Tell me, with him in the team, have we ever reached 250+ scores frequently? Forget about reaching scores of 300. If he wants to play, he can play as an opener but not in the place of the only stabilising pillar in our whole trigger-happy batting-line up, prone to self-destruct and collapse on themselves.

Against spin Aftab has some flaws in his technique which is why he hasnt been able to settle down more frequently.I hope he has overcome it.Raqibul's average suggests that he is decent and he also has a good technique but he needs to improve his strike rate.Bringing Aftab in the team can give us some extra cushion in the bowling department with his slow mediums which we badly need in this dodgy and foggy condition.Well Raqibul is going to play the next few matches so it will be a kind of acid test for him.Lets see how well he can do.One Aftab or Raqibul cannot change the whole scenario of the game but can atleast help the team to build a decent total.I am not against/for anyone.I just want a good innings from either two with a good strike rate.

cricman
January 6, 2010, 03:12 PM
Tell me, with him in the team, have we ever reached 250+ scores frequently

Yes ... if you go by the same argument for the other players you are defending

We have never scored 250 consistently & 1 player doesn't make a team 11 does and i'm not going to remind you of some the players Aftab had to play with.

Rainman
January 6, 2010, 03:24 PM
Someone earlier said that Siddons doesn't like rasel because he's too slow. I think that's right, remeber how he picked sajidul islam last year? He hasn't been seen since!

Equinox
January 6, 2010, 03:26 PM
My team would be,
Tamim Iqbal
Mushfiqur Rahim
Aftab Ahmed
Raqibul Hasan
Saqibul Hasan
Ashraul
Naem Islam
Mahumudullah
Syed Rasel
Rubel Hossain

I am wondering whether you consider India to be that weak or Bangladesh to be so strong that we can win with 10 players?:-D

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 03:35 PM
I am wondering whether you consider India to be that weak or Bangladesh to be so strong that we can win with 10 players?:-D

He missed out Razzak

Ajfar
January 6, 2010, 03:56 PM
i had a dream last night we played against WI and scored 400+. i really hope it was India we were playing against in my dream.

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 04:11 PM
i had a dream last night we played against WI and scored 400+. i really hope it was India we were playing against in my dream.

I has a similar dream before the series started and I saw we scored 400+ against India. But I also saw that we lost :(

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 04:14 PM
Against spin Aftab has some flaws in his technique which is why he hasnt been able to settle down more frequently.I hope he has overcome it.Raqibul's average suggests that he is decent and he also has a good technique but he needs to improve his strike rate.Bringing Aftab in the team can give us some extra cushion in the bowling department with his slow mediums which we badly need in this dodgy and foggy condition.Well Raqibul is going to play the next few matches so it will be a kind of acid test for him.Lets see how well he can do.One Aftab or Raqibul cannot change the whole scenario of the game but can atleast help the team to build a decent total.I am not against/for anyone.I just want a good innings from either two with a good strike rate.

It does not have to be Raqibul, but we need at least one middle-order batsman capable of playing steady innings. We keep forgetting that ODI is not T20 and to accelerate in the death overs, you need wickets in hand. Can you imagine if Tamim and Shakib are batting in the 38th over, with 200 runs on the board? Contrast it with 240 for 7 in 38 overs. We are almost certain to score 300+ in the former situation.

kmasum
January 6, 2010, 04:21 PM
guys i just called my work place and called in sick (crossed finger) ..BD better show a good game tonite...i am looking forward to see SN and Rasel.. gooluck tigers!!! its gonna be a nite to remember... plz tiger win the toss and win the match !!! love u banglacricket !!

Ajfar
January 6, 2010, 04:22 PM
I has a similar dream before the series started and I saw we scored 400+ against India. But I also saw that we lost :(

i think we need to stop dreaming about the actual game and start dreaming about the toss.

SS
January 6, 2010, 04:24 PM

It is fact...bu IND will score that...our bowling has been very weak....there is no hope today especially with this pitch

fais
January 6, 2010, 04:29 PM
It is fact...bu IND will score that...our bowling has been very weak....there is no hope today especially with this pitch

we have a chance - remember the indian batsman scored 280 against Sri Lanka and we scored 260 in similar conditions so lets not be too fearful.

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 04:36 PM
guys i just called my work place and called in sick (crossed finger) ..BD better show a good game tonite...i am looking forward to see SN and Rasel.. gooluck tigers!!! its gonna be a nite to remember... plz tiger win the toss and win the match !!! love u banglacricket !!

SN is not playing today so just be happy with Rasel :-D

zainab
January 6, 2010, 04:45 PM
I hope that Sakib can perform with the bat and ball. He should not play those aggressive strokes at the beginning of innings. He is still the key to BD's success.

Tigers_eye
January 6, 2010, 04:59 PM
I am banking on inclement weather. It is suppose to snow (for the first time this year) May be .5 to 1 inch. :) In the south, that is good enough for office-school closing. Good luck BD. :)

skhondoker
January 6, 2010, 05:08 PM
I do not know if you guys came across this preview on cricbuzz.com...

<table class="cbz_pg_lft_header" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="news_topic_head_txt" style="padding-left: 10px;">India, Sri Lanka, B'desh: Tri-series (Full Coverage) (http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/info/110/india-sri-lanka-bdesh-tri-series)</td></tr> <tr> <td class="cbz_pg_lft_headline">Preview: India vs Bangladesh, Match 3</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="news_timezone" style="padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 10px;"> Bangalore, Wed, Jan 06 2010 </td> <td align="right"> http://www.cricbuzz.com/images/text_size.gif http://www.cricbuzz.com/images/txt_minus.gif (javascript:$.cbz.effects.news.decreaseFont();) http://www.cricbuzz.com/images/txt_plus.gif (javascript:$.cbz.effects.news.increaseFont();) </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="header_divider">
</td></tr> </tbody></table> <!--Images Code--> http://www.cricbuzz.com/includes/stories/2010/jan/6/qcl_20100106_1437_21478.jpg
The Indian team will look for a dominant performance against Bangladesh.
http://www.cricbuzz.com/images/zoom.png
[© AFP]

(http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/23020/preview-india-vs-bangladesh-match-3#img0)
http://www.cricbuzz.com/includes/stories/2010/jan/6/pvw_20100106_1437_21478.jpg The Indian team will look for a dominant performance against Bangladesh.[© AFP]

<!--End Images Code--> by Saurabh Somani

India will go into their match against Bangladesh a little wary and unsure of themselves, but with the intent to stamp out Bangladesh's challenge and reassert their team's winning aura. Although India have made good strides in overcoming their ability to lose matches from winning positions - notwithstanding the close losses to Australia in the ODI series last year - they still need to achieve the absolute ruthlessness that made the Australian team unbeatable in their decade of dominance in the late 90s and early to mid 2000s. For instance, they need to ensure that once momentum is built, they don't give the opposition a sniff of a chance to snap it back. This very weakness hurt them in the last match, when a potential 300 plus total was restricted to 279, and eventually led to a loss against a severely depleted Lankan team.

Although Bangladesh are a vastly improved side, and are continuing to make good strides, India will still be the overwhelming favourites for this match. However, due to the loss in the previous match, India will not be likely to experiment with the playing eleven and should go in with the same team that lost to Sri Lanka. It might actually help India to lose the toss and bat first, since they would back themselves to win against Bangladesh irrespective of the toss and bowling in unfavourable conditions will help the bowlers adapt better when faced with a stronger team.

Virender Sehwag is likely to be the key man once again, and though critics will justifiably point to his ODI record as far less than what he is capable of (an average of only 34.38), it is revealing to look at his numbers from the start of 2008. Since then, Sehwag has played 39 matches, scoring 1750 runs at an average of 47.3 and an astounding strike rate of 127.9. That means Sehwag has scored at better than 47 runs off 37 balls each time he has come out to bat from 2008 onwards. What the rest of the team needs to do is ensure it capitalizes on the starts that Sehwag provides - which to be fair to them, they have done more often than not.

The bowling is another matter altogether - blowing hot and cold on alternate days. As Dhoni said, if the bowlers can bowl superbly in patches, there is no reason they can't repeat that consistently. The faster men in particular need to get their radar right, because when they do, India are a very good bowling side. On the spin front, Harbhajan Singh has been excellent, giving away just 4.76 runs an over since 2008, when in the age of Twenty20, even a 5.20 economy rate is acceptable.

For Bangladesh, it is a great opportunity to prove that they are not in the tournament to just make up the numbers or because they are the hosts. They are well capable of pulling off an upset against both other teams in the fray, and have grown cricketing wise as was evident in the way they recovered from a collapse in their game against Sri Lanka to post a very decent total. Earlier, losing four wickets in next to no time inside the first 20 overs would have meant Bangladesh folding for a score under 200, but now they have a new found resilience and cannot be taken lightly. Their victory over the West Indies last year - even against the depleted team that faced them - has filled them with confidence.

Bangladesh's lynch-pin will be Shakib al Hasan - a player who has mastered the art of punching above his weight in all departments of the game. The batting mainstays will be Ashraful and Tamim Iqbal, though there are several players capable of chipping in with useful knocks.

If the chips fall Bangladesh's way, and they find some players who can rise to the occasion, India could well find themselves at the bottom of the league table after the first round of matches. However, with the current Indian team displaying a tougher resolve than its predecessors, they will not be likely to let that eventuality come to pass.

Dhakablues
January 6, 2010, 05:09 PM
Didnt Siddons say that doing good at the club level is not the same as performing at International stage...(Albeit he said that about Nafees) then how come he went for Safiul or Imrul? Granted our board has no accountability compared to even the Soccer management but a loss against SL was purely due to bad team selection that couldve been avoided with prudent and practical thinking. Will they ever admit or take responsibility for that failure? While I am glad that Rasel is included,,, its just unfair how gets treated all the time. The selectors infatuation for that so called 'raw talent' is just killing players like Sajidul, Rasel, Robin, Dolar etc. And yet we lost another prospect of Shafiul by killing his morale after a disasterous debut. Management is at fault for bringing him so early without prepping him for such team...

skhondoker
January 6, 2010, 05:12 PM
I am banking on inclement weather. It is suppose to snow (for the first time this year) May be .5 to 1 inch. :) In the south, that is good enough for office-school closing. Good luck BD. :)

man....lucky dog....we donot even get a closing with 5 inches...here up in the north..

zainab
January 6, 2010, 05:14 PM
If they think so highly of Shafiul, they should still nurture him and give him the proper training, He has to be weaned very slowly into the national team, maybe playing against Associates, the English tour will be great for him, because they will be playing Scotland and Ireland.

revolver
January 6, 2010, 05:26 PM
why drop kayes when he is doing good

hoodlum
January 6, 2010, 05:35 PM
why drop kayes when he is doing good

He is not dropped.He will play today and Raqibul too.Same team just Rasel comes in for Shafiul.

godzilla
January 6, 2010, 05:39 PM

lol ... to my eyes he is looking more like jesus each day :D (with no disrespect to his followers ofcorse)

bd fan
January 6, 2010, 05:39 PM
Yaay!! Because of snow my school is closed so i will be able to watch the match!!!
:D

revolver
January 6, 2010, 05:40 PM
My team would be,
Tamim Iqbal
Mushfiqur Rahim
Aftab Ahmed
Raqibul Hasan
Saqibul Hasan
Ashraul
Naem Islam
Mahumudullah
Syed Rasel
Rubel Hossain

It was foolish to have Shafiul debut against such a powerful team. I don't think he is a bad bowler but he won't stand a chance against India. ITS NOT T20!! We need consistent players......
It would be harder to beat India but we need Ash, Tamim to perform again. The thing that prevented Bangladesh from a big score last time was, 65-1, 71-2, 71-3, 74-4
This kind of drop automatically puts a pressure on the remaing, we need to prevent that from hapenning. Also the bowling was terrible by the seamers. We need the seamers to perform because spin is NO problem for Sri Lanka.

At the same time, I think Bangladesh was overconfident. After having 3 sucessful tours, they took it lightly. Don't deny it, its the truth
Also, if they can gave Shafiul a chance, than why not Aftab??

Win toss, BOWL......it gets really hard bowling at night in the dew. The bowl slips easily
^^^^^
He is not dropped.He will play today and Raqibul too.Same team just Rasel comes in for Shafiul.

lol :D i didnt mean that, i meant why dont people want him in their own opinion of starting line up..^^^ that is the example

revolver
January 6, 2010, 05:41 PM
Yaay!! Because of snow my school is closed so i will be able to watch the match!!!
:D

lucky you..i have to go because i have exams so no point of me praying for snow because at any condition i need to go

bd fan
January 6, 2010, 05:45 PM

here in london the snow is up to 12 inches! (30 cm)
:-D

revolver
January 6, 2010, 05:48 PM

:timeout:..why why...i cant stand the cold

Equinox
January 6, 2010, 05:54 PM
I hope it keeps on snowing and my college is forced to stay closed. If not then I hope my lesson teacher's station is snowed out so that he can't make it. And my last back-up plan is to fake an illness :-D

taklima_naj
January 6, 2010, 05:54 PM
Enjoying the argument between Raqib and Aftab. I couldnt stop to write something.

In my opinion team should be selected depend on the overall circumstances, not just looking on the players average. At the moment we have Imrul, Ash, Sakib, Riyad, Nayeem, mushfiq who can steadyly build the innings if they wish, In that sense if Saqib comes up at Raqib's place Aftab can easily included as a no 5 or 6 batsman,yap even Riyad, nayeem can come up before Aftab as they can play ball by ball not just eating the ball. On the other hand Aftab can easily give us
quick runs which will help us to have a good total or chasing a big total. Yah we r just not using our commonsense, make up a right combination even though we have a chance and day after day we will lose.

Ofcourse Safiuls inclusion in the team was another example of that, When on last series even Dollar was good , he wasnt included this time. Instead a new pacer was included and played with Rubel who just played only first match wih Zimb and we lose that match. It is just rubbish, If they can take risk with Safi or Rubel why cant they take risk with Rasel who is experienced instead Mash.

Allah knows when our team management will think right way,understand the players ability and give chance at the right time.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 05:56 PM

I stay away from the prediction business. But, India will not score 400 tomorrow.

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 06:03 PM
man....lucky dog....we donot even get a closing with 5 inches...here up in the north..

When I was in Rochester, NY, nothing closed with 8-10" of snow. The only time schools and offices were closed due to snow in my 6 years there, we got more than 25" in less than 24 hours!

Trigger_Tiger
January 6, 2010, 06:07 PM
When I was in Rochester, NY, nothing closed with 8-10" of snow. The only time schools and offices were closed due to snow in my 6 years there, we got more than 25" in less than 24 hours!

Alas my school in Jersey is almost the same! The will not call classes off even if other universities have unless it has snowed over a feet! Bloody Kean!

I wish to see Rasel in today! Khela dekhtey jabo, keu geley doya korey PM koren ek shathe dekha jabey =)!!!!!

shuziburo
January 6, 2010, 06:10 PM
Ofcourse Safiuls inclusion in the team was another example of that, When on last series even Dollar was good , he wasnt included this time. Instead a new pacer was included and played with Rubel who just played only first match wih Zimb and we lose that match. It is just rubbish, If they can take risk with Safi or Rubel why cant they take risk with Rasel who is experienced instead Mash.

Allah knows when our team management will think right way,understand the players ability and give chance at the right time.

BCB never appears to make any decision based on careful analysis. Only knee-jerk reaction. Not the best way to run a nation's cricket program.

Equinox
January 6, 2010, 06:16 PM
I wish to see Rasel in today! Khela dekhtey jabo, keu geley doya korey PM koren ek shathe dekha jabey =)!!!!!
Khela to Mirpur'ey Jersey te na :timeout:

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 06:19 PM
I think, BD has a good chance of winning this game if the put their combined effort in it... Specially, after Sri Lankans win with six guys in the team with less than six games of experience,"
Tigers need to do a better job in all four departments to win over India. :)

nycpro96
January 6, 2010, 06:19 PM
Win toss= Win match
Simple as that

Trigger_Tiger
January 6, 2010, 06:20 PM
Khela to Mirpur'ey Jersey te na :timeout:

LOL! Ami ekhon Dhakaey, Jersey'tey naa =p!!!!!

Equinox
January 6, 2010, 06:20 PM
Tigers need to do a better job in all four departments to win over India. :)
Is the fourth department cheating? :saint:

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 06:22 PM
I will take ^^^ kind of loss any day if we could score 300 + :)

Rifat
January 6, 2010, 06:25 PM
"[বাংলা]এবং শেবাগ আর বি এক্স-এ পরাভূত হইয়া বিমোহিত হইল!"[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ভাইয়া ইনশাআল্লাহ আজ রাত আপনার ইচ্ছা পুরন হবে।[/বাংলা]

Equinox
January 6, 2010, 06:25 PM
LOL! Ami ekhon Dhakaey, Jersey'tey naa =p!!!!!
Oh in that case a lot of members are already going together tomorrow to watch the match. You may want to contact them and meet up. Here's the thread link:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=31649

Have fun!

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 06:28 PM
BCB never appears to make any decision based on careful analysis. Only knee-jerk reaction. Not the best way to run a nation's cricket program.

Koite gele to koto kothai to koite hoy re bhai...see we are having constant problem with pacers. What BCB is doing to solve this problem? Do the rui-katlas have any vision? Just selecting a Sajidul here, then drop him and then select Shafiul....how long this shot term knee-jerk chopping-changing will take us?

Having a strong first class domestic cricket is the most important thing. If you have that, everything will come: batsmen, keeper, pacer, spinner. Look at IND, SL, OZ, ENG or SA: There those who do well in first class cricket, do well in tests, ODIs, and T20s.

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 06:36 PM
Come to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada..
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005OQMG.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=papicomonlist-20%26link_code=xm2%26camp=2025%26creative=165953%2 6path=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html%253fASIN=B00005OQMG%2526tag=papicomo nlist-20%2526lcode=xm2%2526cID=2025%2526ccmID=165953%252 6location=/o/ASIN/B00005OQMG%25253FSubscriptionId=0EMV44A9A5YT1RVDGZ 82)

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 06:42 PM
Is the fourth department cheating? :saint:
Colse!

Winning the Toss!!!;)

Antora
January 6, 2010, 06:42 PM

:up: * Antora likes this*

Antora
January 6, 2010, 06:43 PM

Please chuck me some snow, I'm dying in this heat :(

Rommel
January 6, 2010, 06:46 PM
I am in the same situation as Tigers_eye bhai, but the only difference is that we are not supposed to get any snow until tomorrow night. By the time the first flake hits the ground, the match will be long over! Hopefully, I will be able to catch the match the next day against SL.

Maximumpro
January 6, 2010, 06:49 PM
lol u guys r complaing about 6/10 cm snows. and we have had 25+ cm over here last week and as i type its snowing now. i was thinking of going clubbing to kill time till 230 but then again its snowing now and doesnt look like many pplz will show up. oh well, looks like i will be going around different forums to kill time. whens the match starting? 230 or 330 eastern?

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 6, 2010, 06:58 PM
I think They should drop Imrul in exchange of Aftab. and saiful in exchange of Rasel.

zainab
January 6, 2010, 07:04 PM
I hope that Sakib fires either with the bat or ball, I am so hoping that the tigers will not allow India to score more than 300 runs, and they should really try to up their score to 300 this time if they bat first. I am praying that Sakib wins the toss and bowl first. BD should and must perform better against India than they did against SL.

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 07:04 PM
[বাংলা]আহা তুষারপাত নিয়ে এত আলোচনা...আচ্ছা, রবীন্দ্রনাথ-নজরুল নাকি বৃষ্টি দেখে অনেক প্রভাবিত হয়েছিলেন, তুষারপাত দেখলে কি তাঁরা সে রকম প্রভাবিত হতেন? [/বাংলা] :-/

Eshen
January 6, 2010, 07:08 PM
Well, news is that bowlers are practicing with wet balls to counter the dew factor.

fais
January 6, 2010, 07:17 PM
if we are batting first than 320 has to be the target if we are to win.

Eshen
January 6, 2010, 07:23 PM
My line up against IND:

Tamim Iqbal Khan
Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Rokibul Hasan
Mahmudullah Riyad
Shakib Al Hasan (Slog)
Nayeem Islam (Slog)
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain
Abdur Razzaq
What??? Our super patriot Shardul bhai wants SN playing for Bangladesh again!!!

cricman
January 6, 2010, 07:27 PM
Well, news is that bowlers are practicing with wet balls to counter the dew factor.

If our players were smart they would wipe just half of the ball let the other side be dirty/wet/sticky and let it reverse

BD-Shardul
January 6, 2010, 07:30 PM
If our players were smart they would wipe just half of the ball let the other side be dirty/wet/sticky and let it reverse

To get the ball reverse swing, you need to have Sharapova in the team.

tonoy
January 6, 2010, 07:36 PM
Sharapova to martina hengis hoye gese.

Purbasha T
January 6, 2010, 07:59 PM
What's the chance of Sharapova playing today?

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 08:11 PM
Like snowing in Bangladesh!;)

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 08:15 PM
What did MGT do?! And you could have sent the info to the players via Miraz bhai to RI and then him to water boy Aftab to Ice Man!!;):)

chol_bd123
January 6, 2010, 08:18 PM
Everybody keeps saying that Aftab can bowl medium-pace and it can become handy. BUt when was the last time anyone has seen him bowl. Yuvraj could probably hit another 6-sixes in his over.

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 08:19 PM
I hope that Sakib fires either with the bat or ball
I say both, or, we are screwed...:(

rashed411
January 6, 2010, 08:22 PM
im going to sleep will wake up in 7 hours..

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 08:23 PM
Everybody keeps saying that Aftab can bowl medium-pace and it can become handy. BUt when was the last time anyone has seen him bowl. Yuvraj could probably hit another 6-sixes in his over.
His medium-pacers have potential as well, as he showed with an astonishing one-day haul of 5 for 31 against New Zealand in November 2004.

http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56266.html

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 08:25 PM
im going to sleep will wake up in 7 hours..
Make sure ESPN360 is ready before you go to bed. :)

cricket_dorshok
January 6, 2010, 08:45 PM

Like snowing in Bangladesh!;)
haha, Obayed bhai. very good analogy.

bujhee kom
January 6, 2010, 08:58 PM
Salaam bhais and apas, ki bhabchen shobai boshe boshe?

Omio
January 6, 2010, 09:06 PM
ami bhabtesi kokhn je sokal hobe ar khela dekhbo .:D

bujhee kom
January 6, 2010, 09:13 PM
ami bhabtesi kokhn je sokal hobe ar khela dekhbo .:D

Hope you had a good birthday dear Omio bhai!!

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 09:19 PM
Vabchhi..
hobe to
-punorabritti?
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2uBzR9zs4smWgM%3Ahttp://mizanurrahman.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/nsu.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://mizanurrahman.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/nsu.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mizanurrahman.wordpress.com/2007/03/&usg=__Gw2PUJwQirU7IKRXXUKR0tVCCak=&h=375&w=500&sz=66&hl=en&start=444&um=1&tbnid=2uBzR9zs4smWgM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbangladesh%2Bvs%2Bindia%2Bin%2Bcricke t%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D440%26u m%3D1) http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:__4TyV7AdQXG8M%3Ahttp://sujeetkumaar.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2007-world-cup.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://sujeetkumaar.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2007-world-cup.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sujeetkumaar.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/world-cup-2007-debacle-rankles-tendulkar/&usg=__1E6GVRXT4fHtWYYmAZVBtt5nv8A=&h=418&w=310&sz=66&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=__4TyV7AdQXG8M:&tbnh=125&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dindia%2Blost%2Bto%2Bbangladesh%2Bin%2 B2007%2Bworld%2Bcup%2Bin%2Bcricket%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DG%26um%3D1)

Omio
January 6, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hope you had a good birthday dear Omio bhai!!
Yea, I had a surprise party at home by my house mate, It was good fun.
Cut the cake, biriyani, card(29)..

Dhruvo
January 6, 2010, 09:26 PM
I can watch todays match with peace in my mind as there will be no school for me tomorrow. Yay!

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 09:38 PM
I can watch todays match with peace in my mind as there will be no school for me tomorrow. Yay!
Lucky you Dhrubo! ;)

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 09:39 PM
card(29)..
Omio, you looks much younger though! Boyosh lukanur gupon rohossota ki?!!;)

kalpurush
January 6, 2010, 09:41 PM
haha, Obayed bhai. very good analogy.
Abu bhai, how is life in Winnipeg? Hope you had a wonderful holiday seasson. :)