PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Idea Cup 2nd ODI: Sri Lanka vs. India(SBNS)

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 01:01 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh2010/engine/current/match/434259.html

I will be following this match very very closely. it should be interesting to see how the Dew affects the Indian and/or Sri Lankan Bowlers...

well, wanted to open a match thread for a long time :D not a Bangladesh match thread though, so that people don't have to blame me regardless of outcome ;)

Zeeshan
January 5, 2010, 01:10 AM
Good thread rifat. Looking forward to India's downfall so that we have chance of making it. Or am I missing some other ingredients in the equation?

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 01:13 AM
Go ......ummm! it's SL- Ind = two opponents in the tourney....hell Go Dew!! :flag::flag:

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 01:19 AM
Good thread rifat. Looking forward to India's downfall so that we have chance of making it. Or am I missing some other ingredients in the equation?

Missing ingredient: If India lose today, they will come hard upon us. If they win, who knows, they might be little complacent when we play them. So, better if India win.

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 01:38 AM
BTW, there is no cricinfo preview for today's match between IND and SL. Looks like CI journalists are tired of IND-SL matches.

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 01:43 AM

Go ......ummm! it's SL- Ind = two opponents in the tourney....hell Go Dew!! :flag::flag:

BTW, there is no cricinfo preview for today's match between IND and SL. Looks like CI journalists are tired of IND-SL matches.

lol :floor:

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 01:49 AM
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights."
Article 1, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

very good signature, Gopalda..

Zeeshan
January 5, 2010, 02:19 AM
very good signature, Gopalda..

thnx...

Hyro
January 5, 2010, 02:50 AM
Sanga always looses the toss against Dhoni....

If Sanga loose the toss (which he will)..we will sure lose the game..we are missing Dilashan..so .... hav a bad feeling that we gonna loose this...

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 03:10 AM
Sanga always looses the toss against Dhoni....

If Sanga loose the toss (which he will)..we will sure lose the game..we are missing Dilashan..so .... hav a bad feeling that we gonna loose this...

and Sanga wins it this time!!

from CI:
Toss: Sangakkara has won the toss and SL will bowl first. Dilshan and Chamara Silva are injured and not playing. Lahiru Thirimanne will be making his debut as a makeshift opener (in Dilshan's place) and Thissara Perera will bat in the middle order. Silva has a fractured finger.

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 03:15 AM
Why Dilshan be fit when we take SL again? :(

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 03:29 AM
Why Dilshan be fit when we take SL again? :(

I'm guessing he will not play on Jan 8th against us - new opener Lahiru Thirimanne will get two chances. Sanga will make sure he plays against us on Jan 13th though!! :)

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 03:46 AM
2.6 Welegedara to Gambhir, OUT, that's a stunning yorker! Welegedara will want to see this replay a 100 times, he swings it in and lands the ball on the blockhole, Gambhir closes the face of the bat, fails to dig it out and the ball goes straight through and hits the leg stump, too bad the stumps didn;'t fall

G Gambhir b Welegedara 8 (12b 1x4 0x6) SR: 66.66

Nocturnal
January 5, 2010, 03:47 AM
GG out cheaply- 8 runs. well done Welegedara!!

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 04:05 AM
Last 5 ovs 56/1 RR 11.20

Simply murder. India will prove today that it is possible to win even by batting first.

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 04:18 AM
India 71/3 (8.5 ov)

Beshi pitaite gele emoni hoy.

Bugz
January 5, 2010, 04:21 AM
Rasel will get a game after this....

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 05:56 AM
I am really pissed of seeing the contempt shown by the CI journalists towards this tri-series. Only way we can teach them is by winning some game.

Abid_Khan
January 5, 2010, 06:13 AM
Perera gets a wicket

Surfer
January 5, 2010, 06:33 AM
Sanga tried to claim a bump catch.:waiting:

bangla-red
January 5, 2010, 06:36 AM
We're all supporting Sri Lanka, aren't we? If they win, our job is easier.

Miraz
January 5, 2010, 06:41 AM
Sanga tried to claim a bump catch.:waiting:

It was inconclusive on replays and the original decision should have stayed.

Banglatiger84
January 5, 2010, 07:30 AM
India 279/9, our batsmen didnt manage too badly , did they?

bangla-red
January 5, 2010, 08:16 AM
Sri Lanka are pwning atm.

revolver
January 5, 2010, 09:15 AM
sri lanka going to loose because no dilshan

TOM-JOAD
January 5, 2010, 09:43 AM
sri lanka going to loose because no dilshan

We are loosing because Indian is a better team than us, however, its nice to have some new faces in the team

TOM-JOAD
January 5, 2010, 09:47 AM
The key is here to play some sensible cricket and keep the momentum going.... Sanga and Sameera needs to build up a partnership.

Harbajan is the danger man... should be played smartly.

magic boy
January 5, 2010, 09:56 AM
I see clear reply of first match. SriLanka winning it as well. :-|

Neel Here
January 5, 2010, 10:00 AM

:lol: no wonder !

al Furqaan
January 5, 2010, 10:01 AM
I am really pissed of seeing the contempt shown by the CI journalists towards this tri-series. Only way we can teach them is by winning some game.

CI has done a decent job...but generally their megalomania reflects that of the indian fans and everyone else associated with the BCCI establishment...uts problem from the top down. thats where kumble's "too tired from semi finals" and srinath's "best new ball pair in the world" comments stem from.

more troubling is that a lot of hardcore fans either don't know that the tri series is going on, or act like they don't care. but then again, they've been playing SL for a long series already...

al Furqaan
January 5, 2010, 10:07 AM
tight over by sreesanth in his 2nd spell just 2 off it, then combusts in the next over, 4 singles and 2 no balls + 2 free hit fours...samarweera maiden half ton, SL well on track

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:08 AM
We are loosing because Indian is a better team than us, however, its nice to have some new faces in the team

:-D..
welcome to bc

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:10 AM
167-2
zaheer khan got destroyed btw that aint bad atm

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:13 AM
50 for sagankara
53rd odi half century..damn his awsome

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:28 AM
lol jadega getting smashed

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:32 AM
sanga gone

bangla-red
January 5, 2010, 10:40 AM
50 for sagankara
53rd odi half century..damn his awsome

Tendulkar has about 90 you know :D

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:42 AM
Tendulkar has about 90 you know :D

:o:o:o
South asia gets better and better

TOM-JOAD
January 5, 2010, 10:46 AM
Tendulkar is a legand... this guy has been playing since he was 16.

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 10:48 AM
66 off 60 ball - easy peasy. Hope SL wins today, then Ind and BD will have equal points :D

revolver
January 5, 2010, 10:52 AM
come on lankans btw kandamby gone pressure is mounting up.

TOM-JOAD
January 5, 2010, 10:53 AM
kan-dumb-y

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 10:56 AM
India is tightening the screw. 58 off 47 balls. getthig tougher.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 10:57 AM
Still should be easy sailing. Soon they will take powerplay.

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 11:02 AM
Suraj Randiv - 6 matches, HS 5 - lol. Comes at number 6. Thank god for our Mushfik / Riyad / Nayeem.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 11:04 AM
Parera will finish things off I hope.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 11:07 AM
45 of 35. :)

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 11:11 AM
Yes 4 off the last ball. Good going Panera.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 11:18 AM
Dhoni may get banned again for over-rate. Not enough time to play 5 overs if the game goes to wire.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 11:20 AM
Parera has 400 SR. May save Dhoni along the process.

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 11:22 AM
match winning over.

rashed411
January 5, 2010, 11:22 AM
Srianka on their way to victory.. im loving it.

Banglatiger84
January 5, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hahahahha

Banglatiger84
January 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
so we werent that bad after all ....Indias performance puts things into perspective

Miraz
January 5, 2010, 11:33 AM
Good one from CI

Nehra to Perera, 2 runs, straight loft, Kohli makes a diving save at long-on, and his trousers come off, and Yuvraj can't control his laughter. Perera has already hit the pants off the ball, now it's the fielders losing them

:D
Well done Sri Lanka. It has made our job easy. Now let's beat India and increase the chance of going to the final.

simon
January 5, 2010, 11:35 AM
whata blow!
Never thght Sri will win after loosing the series in Ind more importantly after missing out
so many Key players including Dilshan.
Welldone Sanga & Samara.

al Furqaan
January 5, 2010, 11:41 AM
yeah definitely a bat 2nd tourney due to the dew [no pun intended].

BCB needs to avoid this in future, arrange all the BD games on weekends and crowds will still come. crowds now have a reason to not show up, game is decided upon the toss.

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 11:41 AM
so we werent that bad after all ....Indias performance puts things into perspective

Good one from CI

:D
Well done Sri Lanka. It has made our job easy. Now let's beat India and increase the chance of going to the final.

we can still win every match we play from now on... :)

Rizvi
January 5, 2010, 11:50 AM
lol good finish although it always seemed another choke was on its way...

Rizvi
January 5, 2010, 11:51 AM
What happened to Dilshan? When will he be back..?

Beduin
January 5, 2010, 11:52 AM
I think India lost the game as they lost wicket in regular interval. It was their batsmens' fault not to pile up enough runs. Kudos to SL bowlers, as they stuck to a tight line and length and didn't allow that free space to Indian batsmen who are basically stroke players. The final few overs of indian innings was the decider. Further, the Indian bowling was as well lackluster. Anyway, frankly believe like many others here that this day-night version will simply kill the game as the game is as good being decided by the toss. Cricket authorities must come out with some remedies.

BD-Shardul
January 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
HUUU HAAA HUUU HAAA :fire: :D

Now I am praying that the game starts at the same time and we win the toss and restrict IND to 275. If we bat sensibly, I believe we can chase 275.

Rifat
January 5, 2010, 11:56 AM
people blaming too much things on the dew.... :( mark my word, there will be at least one match in this tri series where a team chasing will lose...

Roni_uk
January 5, 2010, 12:00 PM
remember - win the toss to win the match!!!! Now how do you win the toss?

_Rafi_
January 5, 2010, 12:01 PM
Parera hammered all the Indians. he seems good find for SL for lower order.

Naimul_Hd
January 5, 2010, 01:40 PM
HUUU HAAA HUUU HAAA :fire: :D

Now I am praying that the game starts at the same time and we win the toss and restrict IND to 275. If we bat sensibly, I believe we can chase 275.

apnar mukhe ful chondon porukh.....allah jeno apnar ei abdar ta rakhe shei doa korchi ! we badly need some luck....hey ALLAH, ektu fire takao amader dikey :)

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2010, 01:53 PM
At the end of the day, both games 300 runs were chasable. As for any other game early wickets are crucial to limit a team's ability. Be it Ind, Aus or SA.

Hyro
January 6, 2010, 12:09 AM
Power Play Perera is a good find..but the Indians & U guys will surely come prepared for the next games wont ya ? :D.. Think the guys is weak against short of length & short bowls... He is no Mathews... Mathews is our real find..but both are just 20 years old....

Also a lot impressed with our opener..the 18 year old kid...awsome offside shots that guy has....Also a new wicket keeper is flowing to Bangla with Mahela...he is also very young & has big hype going for him...

seriously these new kids are doing awesomely well....I dont know how guys like Sanath, Maharoof, chamara Silva, Malinga, Mendis or even Murali will get back ? Glad that we have so many injuries..so that I could get to see the players of the future for once...:)

Commooooooooooon guys..beat India...Win the Toss & beat them.... E-)...fully behind u guys today

lasith
January 6, 2010, 12:24 AM
Tissara played well hope he'll do it consistenly unlike Maharoof.

Orpheus
January 6, 2010, 01:00 AM
people blaming too much things on the dew.... :( mark my word, there will be at least one match in this tri series where a team chasing will lose...

yes when bangladesh chases.

dew factor was never our problem. Our main problem is idiot factor - we gotta too many in the team.

al-Sagar
February 17, 2010, 08:14 PM
why THIS thread is STILL sticky ????