PDA

View Full Version : NZ takes series

Tehsin
January 14, 2004, 12:25 AM
Pakistan 126 all out
NZ 127/2 wins by 8 wickets

and here I was thinking how NZ has a very short pool of players and they didn't even have Bond.

James90
January 14, 2004, 05:51 AM
More importantly i won a bet with Amit...Tuffey took more wickets than Sami

Navarene
January 14, 2004, 07:49 AM
Sami is over rated. The so-called speed stars are bashed by NZ batters. Hope Pakis will now stop bragging about their bowling.

muddaser
January 14, 2004, 01:45 PM
youve seen what our reject junaid zia did to bangladesh A.:D:D:D

muddaser
January 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
remember sami is only 22 yrs old so you cant expect too much from him. Also wait for mohammed irshaad who is rated as the fastest and deadliest bowler in the domestic league. He clocked 155kph in the kenstar tournament.

Navarene
January 14, 2004, 02:33 PM
"Also wait for mohammed irshaad who is rated as the fastest and deadliest bowler in the domestic league. He clocked 155kph in the kenstar tournament."...mudassar, speed and pace is not countable without consistant bowling pitched at the right place. The more quicker the ball comes, the more faster it will be thrashed back to boundary and that's what happening with this so called express bowler sami.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by Rajputro : Moderated]

Carte Blanche
January 14, 2004, 02:51 PM
Sami is a very good bowler, and has just had a rather mundane tournament. If you have deadly pace, you often take the pitch out of the equation. Just look at Sami's burst of wickets during last tour, and what Shoaib did in the test series. However, you aren't going to conquer the world with your pace, so yeah you need to know where to pitch the ball too. The Sami-thrashing here is just pointless.

muddaser
January 14, 2004, 03:13 PM
mohammed irshaad is gonna be bigger than sami easily. hes just played 4 first class games and already taken 30 wickets at an average of 12 runs.

Even shoaib was suprised on how quick he was when bowling in the nets. pace isnt everything but it does help. thing is sami knows that there is someone to replace him if he doesnt pull his socks up. i bet any team in the world would have sami in the team and thats including australia.

what do you mean by so called express bowler, tell me how many bowlers at 22 years of age can clock above 155kph yet hes half the size of most bowlers.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by muddaser]

Navarene
January 14, 2004, 03:15 PM
It seems paki team will have another shake-up after the India series. Some of these useless batsmen and so called all-rounders will be thrown out, to be replaced by some new useless fellows.....new captian, new coach too.... until the next debacle....to be followed by another shake-up and so on.....

Until PK finds a way to produce quality batsmen who can play on pitches other than the dead ones, this cycle will just go on and on.....and the team will keep hitting newer and newer lows.....the time to rely on individual brilliance to win matches is long over, but clearly the PCB is still living in stone ages.

About this so called Mr.speed star MD. Sami, check out his bowling average compared to the fast bowlers around the criket playing nations. I'm glad that Nz has shut the crap of too much bragging about paki express bowlers. So your case is dismissed. Try again later!

muddaser
January 14, 2004, 03:29 PM
he average 23 in ODIs and 43 in tests so i guess just his test average needs to improve. one thing i hate is people criticizing PAK express bowlers yet they havent had one in their history. so i think you should just shut up. tell me how many teams would not have sami in the team. inshaAllah by march irshaad will be tried and we will have the quickest attack in history.

about our batsmen tell me who is useless.

yasir hameed averages 45 in ODis with 2 centuries and 7 fifties. Averages 55 in tests.

imran farhat averages 46 in ODis with 1 century and 5 fifties. averages 35 in tests.

taufeeq umar averages 49 in tests.

And you all know about inzamam and youhana.

About us hitting new lows have you been watching cricket lately. weve beat SA at home 1-0 and NZ away 1-0 in tests so i guess it isnt that low.
:-/

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by muddaser]

Carte Blanche
January 14, 2004, 05:13 PM
I'd hate to butt in, but I fail to see the justification behind the pointless and rather ridiculous pak-bashing by Navarene. Inzamam, Youhana are world-class players at any given ground. Imran Farhat is new, but has already made his mark, and it seems like he is going to be something big. His shots are elegant, stylish, he has the temperament, and most importantly he HAS SCORED RUNS. That too, consistently. Who is the useless batsman? Razzaq is a useless all-rounder? Out of your damn mind? How is PCB still living in stone ages? Whats with calling Sami so-called-expess bowler? Just admit the fact, he IS FAST. I'm not advocating the PAK team or PCB, but stupid remarks like that are truly irksome. I can bet I'm not the only one.

muddaser
January 14, 2004, 05:17 PM
this guy is just another indian who is jealous to the fact that they havent had a single express bowler in their history yet we have 3 at present bowling over 155kph and thats not including abdur rauf.

speed isnt evrything but it does help when you do have it. add to that kaneria and hameed and we have enough talent to make a challenge for first place in the coming years.

James90
January 14, 2004, 10:11 PM
Do you have dodgy radar's by any chance?

Hasib
January 15, 2004, 01:58 AM
Speed isn't every thing you know... look at Lee. :(

ChrisM
January 15, 2004, 06:44 AM
Why has Pakistan suddenly started producing so many fast bowlers when, pre-Imran and Sarfraz, it had produced none at all?

Shoaib Akthar is very underrated in Britain.

Hasib, you're a bit harsh on Lee. He has good career stats- much better than Devon Malcolm for one.

muddaser
January 15, 2004, 11:45 AM
Habibul fan , why dont you ask NZ supporters whether the radars are dodgy. shoaib clocked 159kph and sami clocked 155kph in the same game. also if shoaib himself in an interview has said irshaad is quicker than sami that must mean something.