PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs. India: Idea Cup, 6th ODI, Tri-Series at Dhaka (SBNS), January 11, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rommel
January 8, 2010, 07:47 PM
BANGLADESH VS INDIA

http://static.indianexpress.com/m-images/2009-11-18/M_Id_120912_shakib_al_hasan.jpg

http://img1.moneycontrol.com/images/entitygame/big/MS_Dhoni_300.jpg

Squads: Bangladesh Squad (http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh2010/content/squad/441854.html) India Squad (http://www.cricinfo.com/tri-bdesh2010/content/squad/441140.html)

Time and Date: Monday, January 11th, 2010, 08:00 GMT, 02:00 Local, 03:00 EST

Hey India, remember this?

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nI_wY123oJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nI_wY123oJ8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

And NEVER forget this! Australia from 0:00 to 1:06, India from 1:06 to 4:30 and South Africa from 4:30 onwards. And they call us minnows?

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BY3pgpK0v0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BY3pgpK0v0I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

OH LETS DO IT! LETS MAKE HISTORY ONCE AGAIN!.

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2010, 07:52 PM
God please let Sri Lanka win tomorrow.

Purbasha T
January 8, 2010, 07:55 PM
Bismillah.

Alright, we'll see whether you just ruined it for us.

BD-Shardul
January 8, 2010, 08:09 PM

Ameen. And I also pray SL to win the toss and bowl first. SL has got the best blowing line up in this series because they use the most of their cerebral ability.

BD-Shardul
January 8, 2010, 08:11 PM
BTW, Rommel miya, mair kintu ektao matite porbe na, especially if IND lose again SL and our game against IND becomes crucial.

kalpurush
January 8, 2010, 08:16 PM
i will add a lot to this in a few hours. a bit tied up at the moment.
Good luck Rommel and Tigers :)

kalpurush
January 8, 2010, 08:19 PM
Bishesh munajat-er babostha kora hobey naki?! ;)

Rifat
January 8, 2010, 08:19 PM
i like this match thread opening variety....Good Luck Rommel, you are a Brave Brave fellow :D
poor Kalpurush Bhai has to wait in the sidelines for the last couple of games...1 good win and he will be back ;)

Rommel
January 8, 2010, 08:42 PM
Damn, I probably wont be able to edit this match thread till like 11 PM EST (a little over 2 hours from now). I have got some SAT stuff to do but as I promise that this thread will be a fun one. Our team is young and exciting and this match thread will reflect that. stay tuned...

tiger_club
January 8, 2010, 09:14 PM
IND will get destroyed. that's right, Shakib you heard me.

wiseshah
January 8, 2010, 09:25 PM
good luck, hope we win the toss and sakib dont make stupidity again and we secured a win

Rommel
January 8, 2010, 11:48 PM
This is my first ODI match thread. The Bangladesh Tigers are a young and fearless team and thus, the thread has been opened by a young and fearless poster. You might laugh at me for saying that, but after we win, you will all be thanking me :).

Eshen
January 8, 2010, 11:53 PM
Lets give Shafi another chance, bench Rubel.

Zeeshan
January 8, 2010, 11:56 PM
Zomg! :wow:

What have you done Ro! Ro for Intergalatic Chairman!

WarWolf
January 9, 2010, 12:54 AM
That's a wonderful match thread. Rommel brother, you have done magic. Inshallah our players will do magic on the field too.

BD-Shardul
January 9, 2010, 06:26 AM
It is not over yet for Tamim. Inshallah we will see a double century this time from him.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs152.snc3/17940_1224458529336_1165197959_30614039_209908_n.j pg

zainab
January 9, 2010, 07:28 AM
Let's hope that there are a few changes in the team. Hopes that Sakib wins the toss and regardless of whether he thinks that India will amass a big score or not, he should take the chance regardless of the outcome.(How will he know, if he does not take the chance)
BD has a better chance of beating India than SL.
BD has scored around 250 runs, hope they can better this now,
SL is a team on the right track for the 20/20 WC and 2011 WC, good, solid young players now.
Good bowlers and batsmen. BD is trying very hard in the batting dept, but even if they produce good scores, it is chaseable, because the opposition knows that the bowling is toothless, imagine, they only managed to scalp 7 wickets in 3 matches, PROOF enough to show below par bowling. I have never seen that happen in ODIs involving BD before, even against these two top teams.
When BD tries to get their batting right, then their bowling lets them dow, At one time, their bowling was good, but batting let them down. Will they ever get it right?

revolver
January 9, 2010, 09:14 AM
lol zaheer was getting scared of tamim...
btw i want to see verrrrrry much fireworks from...
this match is for pride

magic boy
January 9, 2010, 09:19 AM
Tamim is really a blessing one for Bangladesh cricket :bighug:

wiseshah
January 9, 2010, 11:23 AM
My line up will be

tamim
kayes
ashraful
aftab
mushfiq
shakib
mahmudullah
naeem
razzaq
Rasel
shahadat
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

taklima_naj
January 9, 2010, 11:54 AM
Let's hope that there are a few changes in the team. Hopes that Sakib wins the toss and regardless of whether he thinks that India will amass a big score or not, he should take the chance regardless of the outcome.(How will he know, if he does not take the chance)
BD has a better chance of beating India than SL.
BD has scored around 250 runs, hope they can better this now,
SL is a team on the right track for the 20/20 WC and 2011 WC, good, solid young players now.
Good bowlers and batsmen. BD is trying very hard in the batting dept, but even if they produce good scores, it is chaseable, because the opposition knows that the bowling is toothless, imagine, they only managed to scalp 7 wickets in 3 matches, PROOF enough to show below par bowling. I have never seen that happen in ODIs involving BD before, even against these two top teams.
When BD tries to get their batting right, then their bowling lets them dow, At one time, their bowling was good, but batting let them down. Will they ever get it right?

no idea mate, it is really true, witing for the moment to be good in everything

nycpro96
January 9, 2010, 12:48 PM
I hope Sri Lankans destroy the Indians tomorrow and then we beat the Indians with a good RR.

revolver
January 9, 2010, 12:59 PM
off topic: all of you guys best friend of BC (Nadim) is come back from bangladesh tomorow

Rommel
January 9, 2010, 03:19 PM
Can we make this a sticky?

kalpurush
January 9, 2010, 03:38 PM
My line up will be

tamim
kayes
ashraful
aftab
mushfiq
shakib
mahmudullah
naeem
razzaq
Rasel
shahadat

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I really want to see how this ^^ team do against India. :)

Jesus87
January 9, 2010, 03:59 PM
1) Tamim
2) Imrul
3) Raqibul
4) Mahmudullah
5) Musfiqur Rahim
6) Ashraful
7) Shakib
8) Naem Islam
9) Mash if fit (Rasel)
10) Shahadat or Nazmul (if fit)
11) Robin

Rinathq
January 9, 2010, 04:13 PM
my squad,
Tamim
Imrul
Ash
Sakib
Aftab
Raqibul
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Mash
Razzaq
Rasel/Shahdat

It has a very strong batting line up and a better bowling too
Note, Mash and the Rasel is pretty good. We need a min spinner so razzaq. He can be a match winner. Sakib is there and Aftab can take Naem's place. I know Naem is a better bowler than Aftab but he is much much better batsman than Naem. Also there is Mahmudullah. It should work well
Edit/Delete Message

godzilla
January 9, 2010, 04:13 PM
It is not over yet for Tamim. Inshallah we will see a double century this time from him.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs152.snc3/17940_1224458529336_1165197959_30614039_209908_n.j pg

well that was a fun thing to watch! was it just me or did bench**e came out of tamimz mouth when they where arguing? lol this boy has a lot of balls to talk to big boys like that :) good for TAMIM

godzilla
January 9, 2010, 04:16 PM
I hope lanka wins the toss tomorrow which will put india in batting ... cross your finger every1 ... then cross your fingers again for bd to win the toss ... and this time shakib dont let the indian ball first let them bat and have some confidence with your bowling unit boy!

Purbasha T
January 9, 2010, 04:47 PM
well that was a fun thing to watch! was it just me or did bench**e came out of tamimz mouth when they where arguing? lol this boy has a lot of balls to talk to big boys like that :) good for TAMIM

If it did, that's classless from Tamim.

But I think (actually I hope), he din't.

Purbasha T
January 9, 2010, 04:48 PM
off topic: all of you guys best friend of BC (Nadim) is come back from bangladesh tomorow

Yayyyyy :D

revolver
January 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
Yayyyyy :D

lol :D

One World
January 9, 2010, 06:07 PM
Arrogance of Zaheer will sink him.

Kamnew
January 9, 2010, 08:31 PM
Arrogance of Zaheer will sink him.

Fast bowlers are historically a bit hot tempered, not only Zaheer. What happens in the heat of the moment is left in the field. Its a sport, after all.:D

Omio
January 9, 2010, 10:00 PM

Check on 6.55 on the video :-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0BvSxSFeHA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0BvSxSFeHA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wiseshah
January 9, 2010, 10:11 PM
love tamim vs zaheer khan

zaheer khan is tamim's toy for last few years.

wiseshah
January 9, 2010, 10:11 PM
last match, what to lose

play either aftab or shahriar nafees. need to test them before next tournament.

Orpheus
January 9, 2010, 11:40 PM
last match, what to lose

play either aftab or shahriar nafees. need to test them before next tournament.

dude our batting is perfectly fine.. infact we have too many batsmen...need bowlers. And sadly the replacements are as bad as or worse than the current ones. really sad!

I guess Nayeem will be replaced but he is such a good finisher with the bat.. it's pity his balls are toothless.

Antora
January 10, 2010, 01:29 AM
I really hope India lose against SL today..Like I desperately want that :P hahaha
and Nice match thread Rommel :)
GO BD, Lets kick some a$$

TOM-JOAD
January 10, 2010, 01:37 AM
I hope lanka wins the toss tomorrow which will put india in batting ... cross your finger every1 ... then cross your fingers again for bd to win the toss ... and this time shakib dont let the indian ball first let them bat and have some confidence with your bowling unit boy!

Even if they win the toss, SL might go for batting first and practice on wet ball before the finals.

simon
January 10, 2010, 04:34 AM

kindly can any1 give me the link for this article plsSS.:D

Shobhon
January 10, 2010, 09:45 AM
@Rommel: Accept it .. We ARE minnows and stop embarassing us with such ridiculous posts.... :mad:

zainab
January 10, 2010, 11:12 AM
India beat SL today very convincingly. SL mde the lowest score of the tournament. Even if BD loses against India, hope they score more runs and scalp at least 3 wickets.
BD could have performed much better and perhaps win a few matches if they had better bowlers, very wayward and toothless bowlers, no threat or challenge to the batsmen, I hope Siddons and BCB can address this problem before the 2011 WC of which BD is one of the hosting countries. It will be a shame and very embarrassing if BD does not proceed to the super eight stage.

Rommel
January 10, 2010, 11:21 AM
@Rommel: Accept it .. We ARE minnows and stop embarassing us with such ridiculous posts.... :mad:

You are a ridiculous person. Quit embarrassing me with your presence :mad:.

cricket_king
January 10, 2010, 11:32 AM
Destroy India. Be merciless. That way we can say the previous three losses were flukes.

revolver
January 10, 2010, 11:45 AM
^^^^
ALLAH doesnt give mercy to the people who are mericiless

godzilla
January 10, 2010, 11:46 AM
ahh!! it dosen't matter anymore our journey ended the moment india killed lanka today; this is a game to regain our pride! hope the boys pops a rabbit out of the hat tomorrow and wins the game for us

If shakib wins the toss this time ... plz dont fear the indians and let them bat first -_- ... we have already chased 320 down and we can do it again!

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 12:06 PM
I expect many of the regular players will be rested tomorrow in the Indian team. since the BD team itself is not at its full strength, this is as good a chance as any.

dhoni and zaheer will be rested at least.

tonoy
January 10, 2010, 01:00 PM
Let's go bd. By this was a horrible seres for the people in North America. I won't be able to watch the match as I got class early morning.

Naimul_Hd
January 10, 2010, 01:02 PM
i think, India will bat first (if they win toss)like SL did today as a practice for the final. It will be a good chance for shakib to prove that they cant chase 300+ runs under the lights :timeout:

dash
January 10, 2010, 01:05 PM
http://prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/200x200/img/uploads/media/2010-01-09-18-23-05-064882700-yuvi.jpg

dash
January 10, 2010, 01:06 PM
http://prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/200x200/img/uploads/media/2010-01-09-18-23-05-064882700-yuvi.jpg

Yuvraj "Kire beta khelos na ken......"

chol_bd123
January 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
Let's go bd. By this was a horrible seres for the people in North America. I won't be able to watch the match as I got class early morning.

I live in NY and I have been watching it. I just go to sleep around 10Pm and then wake up around 3AM.
School starts at 7:50 so I can watch the 1st innings and then a couple overs for the second. Then when I go to school, I borrow a friends cellphone and follow the score in cricinfo. Bangladesh cricket is more then a sport for me. It is an addiction.

chol_bd123
January 10, 2010, 01:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqd8ARQW4hE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqd8ARQW4hE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I haven't seen Mashrafe bowl his incutter in a while. I remember he bowled that in the WC and in the test matches against India. His incutter is very dangerous.

I hope Bd repeats history.

nycpro96
January 10, 2010, 01:32 PM
I live in NY and I have been watching it. I just go to sleep around 10Pm and then wake up around 3AM.
School starts at 7:50 so I can watch the 1st innings and then a couple overs for the second. Then when I go to school, I borrow a friends cellphone and follow the score in cricinfo. Bangladesh cricket is more then a sport for me. It is an addiction.

Same here.

Naimul_Hd
January 10, 2010, 01:54 PM

i wish BD players could understand our passion for their game :(

Russell2k7
January 10, 2010, 02:17 PM
pic and video diye shobai thread ke too much hibi jibee banai phelse.

Rabz
January 10, 2010, 02:19 PM
Inshallah, we will win tomorrow.
We need this one.

cricman
January 10, 2010, 02:21 PM
Please give Aftab a chance vs Sreenath and these Pacers

Rabz
January 10, 2010, 02:22 PM
Inshallah, we will win tomorrow.
We need this one.

Russell2k7
January 10, 2010, 02:42 PM
Haha Rabz my best Atahar commentary was when he was like "four" even though there was clear a fine leg in sehwag in that last game against IND.

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
Sorry to break your hearts folk. Yet another final without the mighty BD tigers.

It's pretty sad to see some of you still struck in that WC time warp, forgetting India and BD encountered 6 times, where playing the game was just a mere formality on India's part :D.

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
Please give Aftab a chance vs Sreenath and these Pacers

retired 7 years ago ! ;)

Rifat
January 10, 2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry to break your hearts folk. Yet another final without the mighty BD tigers.

It's pretty sad to see some of you still struck in that WC time warp, forgetting India and BD encountered 6 times, where playing the game was just a mere formality on India's part :D.

you are absolutely right, India has learned from Bangladesh:

youth is the answer :D

ever since the inclusion of young guns, the indians havn't looked back, we have simply been dominated by the likes of Suresh Raina,Virat Kohli, Pragyan Ojha and how can we forget MS Dhoni, Yuvraj?

Zaheer Khan is a good bowler too, I rmember how he ripped Bangladeshi batting ilneup in the 2nd test match in may 2007ish, and has continuously done so to other International teams in different times in patches...

the upcoming test series should be entertaining, a determined Bangladeshi Batting lineup vs. the #1 batting lineup in the world...

my target for Bangladesh: score 350 minimum in each innings...we are more than capable of doing that with ease.

let's also not forget: Bangladesh has a depleted bowling lineup. Mortaza + Nazmul is injured. it just shows how hopeless Bangladesh looks without the early breakthroughs of Mortaza, in every significant Bangladesh victory, The Rasel+ Mortaza combo proved to be lethal against any opposition.
btw, Rommel bhai, Great job with the match thread. unique in it's own reply..the rest of the reply shall be in the stadium within 12 hours ;)

cricman
January 10, 2010, 04:40 PM

These are just dress rehearsals for 2/19/11

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 04:41 PM
Oh lord, why are you guys acting like Pakistani's and blaming the loss of an individual player as a major factor in your team's poor show ? Mashrafe tbh (bar WC performance), is a mediocre bowler who is good for 10-0-40/50-0/1 bowler against quality opponents, who can smack around a bit whilst batting. I think BD is even more depleted with him in the side, so it's not a big of a deal in losing him, IMHO.

cricman
January 10, 2010, 04:46 PM
Oh lord, why are you guys acting like Pakistani's and blaming the loss of an individual player as a major factor in your team's poor show ? Mashrafe tbh (bar WC performance), is a mediocre bowler who is good for 10-0-40/50-0/1 bowler against quality opponents, who can smack around a bit whilst batting. I think BD is even more depleted with him in the side, so it's not a big of a deal in losing him, IMHO.

So When Ripped New Zealand and Sri Lanka he was just mediocre?

Or When he won his 1st ODI MOM vs India,

Mashrafe is the Best New ball Bowler in the World

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 04:46 PM

No, we don't think you're that bad of an opponent :big_hug:

Equinox
January 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
Mashrafe is the best ODI pacer in Asia. He would make the Indian team as opening bowler eyes closed.

Zeeshan
January 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
As they say, "Pay attention to the enemy, for they may speaketh the truth..." we may not like what Fischer has to say but he is kinda hitting the nail there about mash.

Equinox
January 10, 2010, 04:54 PM
As they say, "Pay attention to the enemy, for they may speaketh the truth..." we may not like what Fischer has to say but he is kinda hitting the nail there about mash.
He doesn't realise what going for 40 runs in an ODI means in today's terms. Especially when his pacers are dispatched for 60/70 runs every match even though they bowl no more 7/8 overs.

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 05:02 PM

Not really. Mash at his peak (though I agree he never reached it that often) is lethal.

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 05:02 PM
So When Ripped New Zealand and Sri Lanka he was just mediocre?

Or When he won his 1st ODI MOM vs India,

Mashrafe is the Best New ball Bowler in the World

Of course he is mediocre bowler, when he can't back up his "once in a blue moon" heroics. How many times has he "ripped" NZ and SL ? And how does his "1st ODI MOM vs India" justify or tag him as a "best new ball bowler in the world" ?

46% of your best bowler's wickets tally has been against Zim and Kenya combined :lol:

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
Mashrafe is the best ODI pacer in Asia. He would make the Indian team as opening bowler eyes closed.

No he is not. We maybe desperate for a genuine strike bowler but Mashrafe can only dream about making it to the Indian squad let alone playing XI. Heck, he could not make it to KKR's team let aside Indian team :lol:

cricman
January 10, 2010, 05:08 PM

Blasphemy

Last 15 Months

Matches: 11
Wickets: 23
Overs: 104
Maidens: 13
Economy: 3.67
Average: 16.60

Average vs SA: 2 Wickets @ 53, SR: 57 (Decent)
Average vs NZ: 7 Wickets @ 17, SR: 25
Average vs SL: 4 Wickets @ 10, SR 25
Average vs ZM: 10 @ 10, SR 22

2 bad matches vs SA and before that he was an Absolute Beast vs Aus, terribly unlucky not pick up 1 wicket vs Australia in 3 matches.

Equinox
January 10, 2010, 05:09 PM
So he is saying Bangladesh is further depleted when Mashrafe is in the team. How many times have we beaten G8 teams without Mashrafe?

Equinox
January 10, 2010, 05:11 PM
No he is not. We maybe desperate for a genuine strike bowler but Mashrafe can only dream about making it to the Indian squad let alone playing XI. Heck, he could not make it to KKR's team let aside Indian team :lol:
Well that's your choice if you want to stick with the likes of Nehra, Zaheer and Ishant who even our Tamim could smash out of the park with his eyes closed but to most impartial viewers of the game Mashrafe >>> Indian pacers.

Peace
January 10, 2010, 05:18 PM
There is no question that Mashrafee is the most established opening bowler in BD team, but I kind of agree that he has not got the ability to win matches for BD single handedly. A few names such as Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee come to my mind who were capable of winning matches for the team. Those days are gone now; the game of cricket has evolved and it is no more a game of individual’s brilliance. I do not agree that Mashrafee would have made any difference to the outcome of the matches against SL and India. The truth is that all sides who batted first in this competition have lost and BD’s losses were exacerbated by some poor decisions of the captain. That’s all. We need to move on and let’s hope that we will win the toss tomorrow and would not make an exception to the trend.

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 05:35 PM
that's stretching it. ;) mash doesn't even come close to being in the Ind bowling line-up, forget about eyes closed.

Mash Vs Top 3 Ind pace bowlers.
(all record filters stats against test playing countries)
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/56007.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=def ault;template=results;type=allround

Mashrafe Mortaza
Career averages Span Mat Runs HS Bat Av 100 Wkts BBI Bowl Av 5 Ct St
unfiltered 2001-2009 103 1046 51* 15.61 0 135 6/26 29.81 1 33 0 Profile
filtered 2003-2009 59 655 42 15.59 0 57 4/38 43.49 0 18 0

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/30102.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition=4 ;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=de fault;template=results;type=allround
Z Khan
unfiltered 2000-2010 170 703 34* 13.01 0 235 5/42 29.71 1 35 0 Profile
filtered 2000-2010 142 613 34* 12.01 0 178 5/42 33.68 1 27 0

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34274.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition=4 ;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;templat e=results;type=allround
S Sreesanth
unfiltered 2005-2010 44 35 10* 4.37 0 62 6/55 32.17 1 7 0 Profile
filtered 2005-2010 43 35 10* 4.37 0 59 6/55 32.96 1 7 0

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/31820.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition=4 ;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=de fault;template=results;type=allround
Ashish Nehra
unfiltered 2001-2010 95 106 24 6.62 0 124 6/23 31.37 2 12 0 Profile
filtered 2001-2010 81 105 24 7.00 0 116 6/23 30.35 2 11 0

consider these two discarded pacers :
even they have a much better record than mash.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/30732.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=2;op position=25;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7 ;opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results;typ e=allround
Praveen Kumar
unfiltered 2007-2009 34 188 54* 17.09 0 38 4/31 35.81 0 8 0 Profile
filtered 2007-2009 33 188 54* 17.09 0 38 4/31 35.26 0 8 0
heck, praveen is even a better batsman than mash !

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35280.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition=4 ;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=de fault;template=results;type=allround
RP Singh
unfiltered 2005-2009 55 104 23 10.40 0 65 4/35 33.86 0 12 0 Profile
filtered 2005-2009 51 104 23 10.40 0 58 4/35 35.79 0 10 0

even the much maligned ishant sharma has a far better record.
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/236779.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;o pposition=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition= 4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=d efault;template=results;type=allround

I Sharma
unfiltered 2007-2009 41 36 13 6.00 0 56 4/38 32.48 0 10 0 Profile
filtered 2007-2009 41 36 13 6.00 0 56 4/38 32.48 0 10 0

Zeeshan
January 10, 2010, 05:37 PM
There is no question that Mashrafee is the most established opening bowler in BD team, but I kind of agree that he has not got the ability to win matches for BD single handedly. A few names such as Imran Khan, Richard Hadlee come to my mind who were capable of winning matches for the team. Those days are gone now...

Not really. You never know what guys like Steyn, Lee and Aktar can still perform if you just put them in this pitch with the opponent chasing. So I don't think that era is over but I still stand by what I said, Mash may have good figures and all and even in the top ten, but his bowling never won any match for us like the Pakistani match winners Akram, Aakib, Aktar...The As.

nycpro96
January 10, 2010, 05:37 PM
oh yea!:D

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 05:41 PM
Not really. Mash at his peak (though I agree he never reached it that often) is lethal.

ash type id performances don't make a player great. if it happens once a year and the next year he is out due to injury that doesn't look to me the recipe of the best fast bowler in the world.
mash won't get a chance in any other test playing nation's team, not even Ind.

cricman
January 10, 2010, 05:59 PM
face it, mash hasn't performed even a tenth his fans expected him to do or believe him capable of.

Thats because he's never had a reliable partner, had to defend targets of 135 for about 3 years straight, had to change his action due to knee operations.

What Teams did was see off Mashrafe and than take off 8 and over vs Shanto/Tapash/Aziz, if he had a capable partner he would have much more Wickets vs G8. His Economy rate is better than the pacers you listed even when you filter it out

The Australians did that last year ... Mashrafe went 0/110 in 3 Matches

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 06:15 PM
ash type id performances don't make a player great. if it happens once a year and the next year he is out due to injury that doesn't look to me the recipe of the best fast bowler in the world.
mash won't get a chance in any other test playing nation's team, not even Ind.

I'm not saying he's a legend. But before one says he's a mediocre/just an okay bowler; you've to understand what team he's playing for. He's always been economical, and opponents always seemed to see him off and attack the other bowlers in the team. Also the way he's come in and gone out due to injuries, it's sad.

But I agree that claiming he's already a legend etc etc is too much. And that's why I'm not claiming that either. I'm saying he's a great bowler, which his stats don't do justice to because of the abovementioned reasons. And he's an efficient hitter, and sometimes a good grafter too.

And about getting a place into the other top teams, he'd have had support of good bowlers from the other end and we never know whether that could influence his performances in terms of wicket-taking etc etc. But as he's not from any other country, talking about it isn't too relevant to be honest. Coz situations are different.

Rommel
January 10, 2010, 06:19 PM
I'm not saying he's a legend. But before one says he's a mediocre/just an okay bowler; you've to understand what team he's playing for. He's always been economical, and opponents always seemed to see him off and attack the other bowlers in the team. Also the way he's come in and gone out due to injuries, it's sad.

But I agree that claiming he's already a legend etc etc is a too much. And that's why I'm not claiming that either. I'm saying he's a great bowler, which his stats don't do justice to because of abovementioned reasons.

Agreed.

DJ Sahastra
January 10, 2010, 06:24 PM
Mashrafe's utility to BD team extends much beyond the stats and numbers. He was amongst those who brought the belief to the team that it can win. He is an icon.

Those who jump to statistical comparisons do not understand BD team or cricket that well. A fully fit Mortaza is an asset to BD team anyday. On other days too, his presence is reassuring. The corollary to that is, his absence leaves a void. His bowling or batting maybe replaceable. His presence is not, atleast for now.

Equinox
January 10, 2010, 06:30 PM
Neel Here why don't you filter the stats further and see how the pacers being discussed have performed in the last 15 months. We all know how Indian pacers start out their ODI careers with a bang and then are never a threat later on in their careers. When was the last time an Indian pacer got close to the ICC Top 10? And Zeeshan bhai agreed Mash is not a tearaway destructive fast bowler like the names you have mentioned. Steyn, Lee and Akhtar at their best can win matches single-handedly while Mash needs support from his spinners and needs 2-3 batsmen to get 40 plus scores to win matches. However Mash is much more consistent when it comes to economy which is just as useful these days. They may as well give you 5-fer every 10 matches but will get smacked for 60-70 runs in the process in most of the matches. While Mash will provide you with a wicket for 40-50 runs every match with the 2-3 wickets here and there not far in between...had he had a good partner and a reliable batting line-up that would've ensured a lot of matches won for Bangladesh.

And Neel Here I bothered to do the research for you. Indian and Bangladeshi pacers against G8 sides post World Cup '07:
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=2;filter=advan ced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposit ion=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppos ition=8;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=100;qualmin1=15;q ualval1=matches;spanmin1=29+Apr+2007;spanval1=span ;team=25;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

As you can see no one comes close to Mash in terms of Econ. rate. Most of your pacers have farcical econ. rates: Nehra (5.96), Ishant (5.84) and Sreesanth (6.10). Zaheer (4.97) comes somewhat close to Mash (4.80). Their averages are just marginally better than Mash's.

And if you shorten the time span and take only the recent matches into account as cricman did above then Mash's stats shoot up while your Indian boys' ones only go down...down...down.

Murad
January 10, 2010, 06:37 PM
[বাংলা]নিয়মরক্ষার ম্যাচে বাংলাদেশ চাইলে অনেক পরীক্ষা-নিরীক্ষাই করতে পারত। কিন্তু আইসিএল-ফেরত শাহরিয়ার নাফীস-আফতাব আহমেদকে খেলানো বা অনেক দিন পর দলে ফেরা শাহাদাত হোসেনের বোলিংটা দেখে নেওয়া—সে রকম কোনো পথেই সম্ভবত হাঁটছে না দল। কাল অনুশীলন শেষে কোচ জেমি সিডন্সই জানালেন সম্ভাব্য একমাত্র পরিবর্তনটা কী হতে পারে এই ম্যাচে, ‘রাজীবকে (শাহাদাত) টেস্টের জন্য রাখতে চাই। কাল (আজ) হয়তো শফিউল দলে ফিরবে। রুবেলকে বিশ্রাম দেব ভাবছি।’ তার আগে অবশ্য অনুশীলনের আবহে কান পেতে শাহাদাতের সম্ভাবনার কথাও শোনা গিয়েছিল একটু। সম্ভাব্য বাদ পড়ার তালিকায় রুবেল হোসেনের সঙ্গে শোনা গিয়েছিল আবদুর রাজ্জাকের নাম। দলে আজ পরিবর্তন যা-ই হোক, আইসিএল-ফেরত দুই ক্রিকেটার আফতাব ও শাহরিয়ারের জন্য ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজটা মাঠের বাইরে বসে থাকার সিরিজই হয়ে থাকছে।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-01-11/news/34075

JS thinking of resting Rubel Hossain and playing Shafiul Islam in his place. And thats the only change we might see today. I say thats a good decision. Rubel has nothing except a bit of pace. Otherwise, he is a pure CRAP!!

1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Ash
4. Raqibul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfique
7. Riyad
8. Naeem
9. Razzak
10. Rasel
11. Shafiul

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 06:41 PM
Thats because he's never had a reliable partner, had to defend targets of 135 for about 3 years straight, had to change his action due to knee operations.

What Teams did was see off Mashrafe and than take off 8 and over vs Shanto/Tapash/Aziz, if he had a capable partner he would have much more Wickets vs G8. His Economy rate is better than the pacers you listed even when you filter it out

The Australians did that last year ... Mashrafe went 0/110 in 3 Matches

I don't deny for a moment the problems mash faces as the spearhead of BD pace attack. all the things you say are true but that doesn't explain the very high difference with Ind pacers, who everyone agrees are not the sharpest tool in the kit themselves ! mash bowling avg is more than any of them by 7-10 !! we are not even comparing with a lee or a steyn ! there have been many other bowlers who have faced similar situations (kapil dev, hadlee to some extent, vaas, so on) they have all performed much better than mash has. sad, but true. even more than lack of a partner, his fitness has been a factor. (see next paragraph)

purbasha, all true. my biggest gripe with mash is his fitness. staying fit is as much a pacers responsibility as getting wickets. we all know that BCB f!cks up everyday in more innovative ways when it comes to taking care of the players but a senior player like mash should realise his own value to BD cricket and take appropriate measures. employ personal fitness trainers, follow a strict fitness regimen in off season and so on.
if mash can't stay fit on a regular basis BD fans should reconcile to the fact that mash couldn't deliver all that was expected of him.
that would be a bitter pill to swallow but it will save many heartbreaks from him in the longer run. this year will be crucial, it will decide whether mash and his fragile knee is still up to international standards.

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 06:43 PM

How does his average of close to 40 against 'G8' nations justify what team he plays for ? Are the technically poor BD batsman representing Mash as a bowler ? .. NO!
Are the poor BD bowler representing Mash as a bowler ? .. NO!

Mash, is the only one representing his own statistics. You guys sound like Pakistan are missing likes of Wasim, Waqar when Mash is not playing for BD. Mash is no better or worse than Syed Rasel, only difference being (IMO) Rasel is not as erratic as Mash*.

*- From whatever matches I've seen that involved BD, I found Rasel to be pretty accurate compared to Mash.

cricman
January 10, 2010, 06:45 PM
DO you guys know how many times Mashrafe Mortaza has had the chance to even Bowl at a Tailender In those 60 Matches vs a G8 side?

Peace
January 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
Not really. You never know what guys like Steyn, Lee and Aktar can still perform if you just put them in this pitch with the opponent chasing. So I don't think that era is over but I still stand by what I said, Mash may have good figures and all and even in the top ten, but his bowling never won any match for us like the Pakistani match winners Akram, Aakib, Aktar...The As.

You may disagree but it is hard to find examples where fast bowlers are winning matches single handedly and consistently. Occasional exception may apply when pitches are made as minefield and supported by weather conditions. Same could be said for the spinners.

Miraz
January 10, 2010, 06:51 PM
How does his average of close to 40 against 'G8' nations justify what team he plays for ? Are the technically poor BD batsman representing Mash as a bowler ? .. NO!
Are the poor BD bowler representing Mash as a bowler ? .. NO!

Mash, is the only one representing his own statistics. You guys sound like Pakistan are missing likes of Wasim, Waqar when Mash is not playing for BD. Mash is no better or worse than Syed Rasel, only difference being (IMO) Rasel is not as erratic as Mash*.

*- From whatever matches I've seen that involved BD, I found Rasel to be pretty accurate compared to Mash.

That's poor cricket analysis my friend!!

There is a huge difference when you are defending 180-190 runs compared to 250-300 runs in ODI. Mash had to defend 180-190 for most part of his career.

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 06:52 PM
DO you guys know how many times Mashrafe Mortaza has had the chance to even Bowl at a Tailender In those 60 Matches vs a G8 side?

:-/

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
That's poor cricket analysis my friend!!

There is a huge difference when you are defending 180-190 runs compared to 250-300 runs in ODI. Mash had to defend 180-190 for most part of his career.

Umm, shouldn't that work in favor of him then ? I mean the lesser runs you have to defend, you would go for lesser amount of runs (considering BD are considered as a minnow team against G8). Someone here mentioned teams tend to "see off" Mash's spells, so I interpret it as Mash goes for lesser runs compared to his compatriots, right ? He averages around 40ish against "G8", meaning he accounts for close to 25% of runs leaked while defending (180-190, as per you). Being a "strike bowler" that is a very bad stat and does not support the voice raised over here about "missing his services", does it ?

My argument is not how bad or poor Mash is. All I am saying is, BD fans shouldn't really be missing Mashrafe because he does not add any special glare in your bowling lineup. Other bowlers are doing the exact same thing as him (i.e. going 40ish or 50ish with a wicket or two).

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 06:59 PM
equinox, thanks for that stats table, I'm not that good at manipulating statsguru. from that it does look mash has been a comparable performer but it's also a fact that it's been a year since he played his last ODI, so its not quite current form. which is the main point I was making in my last post, regarding fitness. however the fact remains that last 15 months is only one way to look at him as a bowler. at the end of it a bowler is judged by his career statistics, not one 10-12 month period when he performed best.

anyway, please leave your 'your Indian boys' type of comments to yourself. if you can't discuss cricket without bringing in nationality then please don't bother to address me. I'll do likewise. I come here as a cricket-lover who wants to see BD cricket flourish, if you want to address me as an Indian I suggest you find some other board for it. what I post here has nothing to do with my nationality but everything to do with rationality.

cricman
January 10, 2010, 07:01 PM
:-/

He hasn't had that many opportunities

Simple Logic My friend,

Lower Order Batsmen = More Wickets

More Wickets = Lower Average

Mashrafe Mortaza has Taken 6 Wickets from #8 Batsmen Down, Still Hasn't dismissed a #10 or 11 vs G8 Sides

Where as Zaheer Khan has Taken 38 of his 168 Wickets #8 batsmen and Lower vs G7 Sides

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 07:05 PM
Mashrafe's utility to BD team extends much beyond the stats and numbers. He was amongst those who brought the belief to the team that it can win. He is an icon.

Those who jump to statistical comparisons do not understand BD team or cricket that well. A fully fit Mortaza is an asset to BD team anyday. On other days too, his presence is reassuring. The corollary to that is, his absence leaves a void. His bowling or batting maybe replaceable. His presence is not, atleast for now.

If that was addressed to me, I can only say that I never said mash was not valuable for BD cricket. someone else said that.

my point in posting those stats was simply to tone down the hyperbole about mash being the best ODI pacer in the world, which he is not. he himself will probably be the first to admit that. but I'll say this, on his day he is as good as any. unfortunately that kind of days don't come as often as BC fans would like.

al Furqaan
January 10, 2010, 07:06 PM
Umm, shouldn't that work in favor of him then ? I mean the lesser runs you have to defend, you would go for lesser amount of runs (considering BD are considered as a minnow team against G8). Someone here mentioned teams tend to "see off" Mash's spells, so I interpret it as Mash goes for lesser runs compared to his compatriots, right ? He averages around 40ish against "G8", meaning he accounts for close to 25% of runs leaked while defending (180-190, as per you). Being a "strike bowler" that is a very bad stat and does not support the voice raised over here about "missing his services", does it ?

My argument is not how bad or poor Mash is. All I am saying is, BD fans shouldn't really be missing Mashrafe because he does not add any special glare in your bowling lineup. Other bowlers are doing the exact same thing as him (i.e. going 40ish or 50ish with a wicket or two).

mashrafee is one of the best opening bowlers in ODIs in the world. as of the last year or so...he's been pretty phenomenal even in the select matches against G8 sides, with the new ball.

we can compare his figures with those of [m]any other opening bowlers.

Bugz
January 10, 2010, 07:08 PM

Stats lie, we all know that.

Indeed you should take into account that the averages of Indian Batsmen have been inflated by the making placid wickets by foreign cricket boards- desperate to see 5 days of cricket. Money has bought your team success.

Oh how I long to see green tops prepared for India, like during the 90's. My guess is that The Wall and the new Bradman wouldn't continue with 50+ averages for long.

On to this game. I hope Shafiul gets another chance and that Razzaq does not.

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 07:08 PM
He hasn't had that many opportunities

Simple Logic My friend,

Lower Order Batsmen = More Wickets

More Wickets = Lower Average

Mashrafe Mortaza has Taken 6 Wickets from #8 Batsmen Down, Still Hasn't dismissed a #10 or 11 vs G8 Sides

Where as Zaheer Khan has Taken 38 of his 168 Wickets #8 batsmen and Lower vs G7 Sides

man you people do know how to tweak statsguru ! even simple career stats are difficult for me.

beshideshi
January 10, 2010, 07:09 PM
When someone tries to evaluate the importance of Mash, stats alone are not good enough. it was the inclusion of Mash in our team that slowly injected the belief that we, as a team can win games[not against G8, just win games]
When he started he was barely 18-19YO, and was much pacier than he is now. Due to his tender age and extreme expectations from the board/people he injured himself. And most of the times during the game trying to give an extra 10% for his team.
He is yet to become a legend, but his presence in the team certainly boosts our chances of winning against the big boys. [look at our recent wins against G8, he has been instrumental] I just hope he makes a comeback soon and wins games for his country :)

Miraz
January 10, 2010, 07:10 PM

Again my friend, you are failing to understand the situation.

OK let me try to make you understand. Here's a brief tutorial for you.

How do you calculate average? Runs conceded divided by wickets taken, right?

When you defend 180-190, the opposition batsmen can easily see off the best bowler as they don't have much pressure to score runs. They don't take risk.. hence, the bowler gets less chance to get wickets. They wait for Mash/(you) to be taken out of the attack as they still can win matches convincingly. You concede 20 runs in first 6-7 overs, but don't get any wicket. If it continues in this fashion for the next 3 matches, you concede 80 runs in 20-30 overs and say you got 2 wickets. Your average is 40.

When you defend 250-300, pressure is on right from the beginning to score runs. Opposition batsmen play shots, take risks. You may leak some runs but will get wickets as they are taking risks. You concede 50 runs and get 2 wickets. In 3 matches you conceded 150 runs in 30 overs but got 6 wicktes. Your average is 25.

Does it makes sense now?

al Furqaan
January 10, 2010, 07:11 PM
Neel Here why don't you filter the stats further and see how the pacers being discussed have performed in the last 15 months. We all know how Indian pacers start out their ODI careers with a bang and then are never a threat later on in their careers. When was the last time an Indian pacer got close to the ICC Top 10? And Zeeshan bhai agreed Mash is not a tearaway destructive fast bowler like the names you have mentioned. Steyn, Lee and Akhtar at their best can win matches single-handedly while Mash needs support from his spinners and needs 2-3 batsmen to get 40 plus scores to win matches. However Mash is much more consistent when it comes to economy which is just as useful these days. They may as well give you 5-fer every 10 matches but will get smacked for 60-70 runs in the process in most of the matches. While Mash will provide you with a wicket for 40-50 runs every match with the 2-3 wickets here and there not far in between...had he had a good partner and a reliable batting line-up that would've ensured a lot of matches won for Bangladesh.

And Neel Here I bothered to do the research for you. Indian and Bangladeshi pacers against G8 sides post World Cup '07:
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=1;class=2;filter=advan ced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposit ion=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;oppos ition=8;orderby=wickets;qualmax1=100;qualmin1=15;q ualval1=matches;spanmin1=29+Apr+2007;spanval1=span ;team=25;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

As you can see no one comes close to Mash in terms of Econ. rate. Most of your pacers have farcical econ. rates: Nehra (5.96), Ishant (5.84) and Sreesanth (6.10). Zaheer (4.97) comes somewhat close to Mash (4.80). Their averages are just marginally better than Mash's.

And if you shorten the time span and take only the recent matches into account as cricman did above then Mash's stats shoot up while your Indian boys' ones only go down...down...down.

wow, both mash and rasel are significantly more economical than any of the indian pacers. perhaps their wickets are flatter than the ones we play on?

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 07:21 PM

Okay, what does it mean by the ''average'' of a bowler? Is it runs conceded per match? Or, is it runs conceded per wicket gained? If it's the later, then I don't see your arguement.

He's a reassuring presence in our team, and one of the seniors; that adds to the value.

Edit: Din''t see Miraz bro's post earlier. There comes the explanation.

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 07:28 PM

Okay, what does it mean by the ''average'' of a bowler? Is it runs conceded per match? Or, is it runs conceded per wicket gained? If it's the later, then I don't see your arguement.

I should've been clearer and did not mean average in the earlier post :timeout:. What I meant to say was Mash's eco is around 40-45 on "average" against G8 which is what I plugged into the equation. I stand corrected, thanks :ticking:

Neel Here
January 10, 2010, 07:43 PM
wow, both mash and rasel are significantly more economical than any of the indian pacers. perhaps their wickets are flatter than the ones we play on?

I looked up the matches mash played in that list and the average innings score would be around 200 or even less (blind estimate only) in the same period in matches Ind has been involved in would average 300/innings. that would largely explain the lower econ rates. I think BD pitches were the only primarily bowler friendly wickets at that time. stupid of BCB to change it.

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 07:44 PM
I should've been clearer and did not mean average in the earlier post :timeout:. What I meant to say was Mash's eco is around 40-45 on "average" against G8 which is what I plugged into the equation. I stand corrected, thanks :ticking:

:floor:...don't take me wrong man. But no one with an eco of 40-45 will even get to my strictly private household mini-tournament cricket team, let alone BD Int. team. :D

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
Okay, it's a waste of time tbh. Let's wait until Mash comes back. Other players of ours have just started to take resposiblities and perform well and that should make Mash's job easier once he comes back. And then we'll talk about his efficiency. Laterz on this.

Fischer
January 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
:floor:...don't take me wrong man. But no one with an eco of 40-45 will even get to my strictly private household mini-tournament cricket team, let alone BD Int. team. :D

Mere baap. Eco of 4-4.5 = 40/45 runs per 10 overs :hairpull:

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 08:06 PM
Mere baap. Eco of 4-4.5 = 40/45 runs per 10 overs :hairpull:

ohhh...never heard anyone say it like that before..lol! sorry then. :-p

One World
January 10, 2010, 09:14 PM
Win is the only option here.

One World
January 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
I looked up the matches mash played in that list and the average innings score would be around 200 or even less (blind estimate only) in the same period in matches Ind has been involved in would average 300/innings. that would largely explain the lower econ rates. I think BD pitches were the only primarily bowler friendly wickets at that time. stupid of BCB to change it.

Heard BCB hired some curator from Lanka, isn't so?

kalpurush
January 10, 2010, 09:42 PM

Top Post dulabhai. :)

kalpurush
January 10, 2010, 09:46 PM
Win is the only option here.
Period

al Furqaan
January 10, 2010, 09:55 PM

well that means the wickets india plays on are flat, which is something usually rejected by indian fans.

to be honest, i don't have an answer to teh question. but, i do know one thing: either indian pacers are rubbish or their batsmen's averages are inflated by super flat wickets. one of those can be false, but not both.

i think some indian fan posted a thread about flat wickets, arguing the wickets are "normal" or standard...but it appeared that the although the averages are roughly the same, the batting strike rates are a lot higher...which would indicate that maybe indian pacers are on par, and their batsmen's stats are inflated.

AsifTheManRahman
January 10, 2010, 09:56 PM

Perfectly said. Like a straight drive, to the right of the right handed fast bowler bowling a half volley on the stumps over the wicket and shying away to his left in his follow through, zooming past the wickets at the non-striker's end to the boundary, all executed with the perfect balance of weight on the front foot, head down, elbow straight up, zero use of the bottom hand.

Fahim
January 10, 2010, 09:59 PM
just a question for fun while we wait:

Do you prefer Bangladesh to win against India today, or Bangladesh U19 to win the world cup?

for me, its the latter.

AsifTheManRahman
January 10, 2010, 10:04 PM
I'll take the world cup over this dead rubber if I had to choose.

Beamer
January 10, 2010, 10:08 PM
Anyone remember Mash in '04 vs England at home? He was by far having his best test match ever. He was about to announce himself to the world, then suddenly, his knees buckled and he went away for a long time. He has never recovered from that. He became a good medium fast bowler after that. What a pity..

al Furqaan
January 10, 2010, 10:20 PM
ashraful will get his 50 today making this list complete:

Australia - 100
South Africa - 87, 73, 52
New Zealand - 70, 60*
England - 94
Pakistan - 56*
Sri Lanka - 66, 54, 64, 75
West Indies - 57, 64
India - ________

Fahim
January 10, 2010, 10:34 PM
to those whose espn360 is working, can you PLEASE give me the ip number and port so that i can get it running before i go to sleep now so that when i wake up, the match will be accessible to me straight away!

hbk619
January 10, 2010, 10:34 PM
[বাংলা]নিয়মরক্ষার ম্যাচে বাংলাদেশ চাইলে অনেক পরীক্ষা-নিরীক্ষাই করতে পারত। কিন্তু আইসিএল-ফেরত শাহরিয়ার নাফীস-আফতাব আহমেদকে খেলানো বা অনেক দিন পর দলে ফেরা শাহাদাত হোসেনের বোলিংটা দেখে নেওয়া—সে রকম কোনো পথেই সম্ভবত হাঁটছে না দল। কাল অনুশীলন শেষে কোচ জেমি সিডন্সই জানালেন সম্ভাব্য একমাত্র পরিবর্তনটা কী হতে পারে এই ম্যাচে, ‘রাজীবকে (শাহাদাত) টেস্টের জন্য রাখতে চাই। কাল (আজ) হয়তো শফিউল দলে ফিরবে। রুবেলকে বিশ্রাম দেব ভাবছি।’ তার আগে অবশ্য অনুশীলনের আবহে কান পেতে শাহাদাতের সম্ভাবনার কথাও শোনা গিয়েছিল একটু। সম্ভাব্য বাদ পড়ার তালিকায় রুবেল হোসেনের সঙ্গে শোনা গিয়েছিল আবদুর রাজ্জাকের নাম। দলে আজ পরিবর্তন যা-ই হোক, আইসিএল-ফেরত দুই ক্রিকেটার আফতাব ও শাহরিয়ারের জন্য ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজটা মাঠের বাইরে বসে থাকার সিরিজই হয়ে থাকছে।[/বাংলা]

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-01-11/news/34075

JS thinking of resting Rubel Hossain and playing Shafiul Islam in his place. And thats the only change we might see today. I say thats a good decision. Rubel has nothing except a bit of pace. Otherwise, he is a pure CRAP!!

I wouldto make three changes a team just for this match. SN for imrul, aftab for rock, and rajib for rubel. There is nothing wrong with experimenting the batting line up. You never know, SN and aftab can do much better performance than their before icl career. So why not make some experiements with the batting lineup? Remember, they got picked up because of the domestic performance.

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 10:50 PM
just a question for fun while we wait:

Do you prefer Bangladesh to win against India today, or Bangladesh U19 to win the world cup?

for me, its the latter.

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? :)

Purbasha T
January 10, 2010, 10:51 PM
to those whose espn360 is working, can you PLEASE give me the ip number and port so that i can get it running before i go to sleep now so that when i wake up, the match will be accessible to me straight away!

128.59.20.227 and 3124.

Fahim
January 10, 2010, 10:53 PM
Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? :)

coz these are rare events!

btw, safe for the numbers i got the player running now! im going to sleep catch you lot later! salaam

Rizvi
January 10, 2010, 11:56 PM
we should rest Ash today and see what SN can do...

Rizvi
January 10, 2010, 11:59 PM
We should also give Shafiul another shot today...

Russell2k7
January 11, 2010, 12:47 AM
^Rizvi can u plz change the avatar its annoying the flash i mean

cricket_king
January 11, 2010, 12:51 AM
we should rest Ash today and see what SN can do...

Rest an in form player who for once seems to be turning the corner? No way. Rakibul should make way for Nafees.

cricket_king
January 11, 2010, 12:53 AM
^^^^
ALLAH doesnt give mercy to the people who are mericiless

LOL. It's a cricket match mate. Not studies of religion.

DJ Sahastra
January 11, 2010, 01:01 AM
If that was addressed to me, I can only say that I never said mash was not valuable for BD cricket. someone else said that.

my point in posting those stats was simply to tone down the hyperbole about mash being the best ODI pacer in the world, which he is not. he himself will probably be the first to admit that. but I'll say this, on his day he is as good as any. unfortunately that kind of days don't come as often as BC fans would like.

No Neel, my post was not addressed to anyone in particular, rather to the line of argument on Mashrafe in general.

Also, i don't think even the most die-hard and crazy BD supporter believes that Mashrafe is the best ODI pacer in the world. But i think an occassional statement from a fan on the lines of 'Our Mashrafe is the best ODI pacer in the world' should be taken in the same spirit as it was said rather than resorting to numbers to disprove it. Such statement come from the heart and they generally call for a smile and admiration for the passion of the supporter instead of ridicule for his lack of objectivity.

Of course, a statement like 'Mashrafe is better than player X' is always open to scrutiny.

AsifTheManRahman
January 11, 2010, 01:09 AM
But but...Mashrafe is the best pacer in the world...

beshideshi
January 11, 2010, 01:25 AM
Odds
Bangladesh 5.00
India 1.44

Antora
January 11, 2010, 01:30 AM
ashraful will get his 50 today making this list complete:

Australia - 100
South Africa - 87, 73, 52
New Zealand - 70, 60*
England - 94
Pakistan - 56*
Sri Lanka - 66, 54, 64, 75
West Indies - 57, 64
India - ________

LOL. I never actually noticed that!
GO ASH GO!!!:D:flag:

Bruno
January 11, 2010, 01:37 AM
Odds
Bangladesh 5.00
India 1.44

I wud put $500 on bd today if i could, but vegas doesnt take cricket.

beshideshi
January 11, 2010, 01:42 AM
I wud put $500 on bd today if i could, but vegas doesnt take cricket.

http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?
Knock yourself out, and give me 10% of your winnings for guiding you ;)

Electrequiem
January 11, 2010, 01:45 AM
Onera bekkin ken ason?

Translation: How are you all doing?

Russell2k7
January 11, 2010, 02:05 AM
someone from here opened up a match thread at ICF wth lol

Russell2k7
January 11, 2010, 02:31 AM
feck we are batting 1st yet again

Rifat
January 11, 2010, 02:34 AM
I like it, the touhger it is for our boys in this dead rubber ODI, the better chances we have for success in the upcoming tests :) It is good that our bowlers will have a challenge tonight!!!

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 02:35 AM
Toss - india...
we are batting again!! :(

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 02:36 AM
only change - Shafiul comes in, Rubel out!!

Banglatiger84
January 11, 2010, 02:36 AM
cant blame them, the one tiem we won a toss in 4 games, we decided to take a gamble. No other captain wants/needs to gamble like us..

Zeeshan
January 11, 2010, 02:37 AM
jaar thread...shei nai keno?

Rommel....holler!

CricFanBD
January 11, 2010, 02:39 AM
is there any link for those unlucky guys---who are unable to get ESPN360? PLZ ...

Nadim
January 11, 2010, 02:40 AM
vai's any link?

wiseshah
January 11, 2010, 02:40 AM
can india be brave and take batting

no india is not

Zeeshan
January 11, 2010, 02:41 AM
vai's any link?

arreyyy nadim! where have you been? man...when was the last time you opened a thread, it's been a minute...too bad me, shamim miah and nhl77 are taking over...

tonoy
January 11, 2010, 02:41 AM
oh no!

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 11, 2010, 02:42 AM
any link plzzzzz

beshideshi
January 11, 2010, 02:42 AM
thats it, ban shakib from tossing the coin. Worst luck :@

Rifat
January 11, 2010, 02:43 AM
AS-salamu A'laikum NAdim/NAdster Bhai,

Welcome back :big_hug:

err.heem...while you were away quite a few teams have beaten you up in FTP :lol:...

beshideshi
January 11, 2010, 02:44 AM
I thought India would like to have a feel of the wet bal before the final :| but stupid Dhoni, doesnt realize how crucial this practice could have been

Electrequiem
January 11, 2010, 02:44 AM
listening to some badass "war" music. LET'S DO THIS SH*T GANG! AIN'T CARE ABOUT NOTHING BUT THIS RED AND GREEN.

Murad
January 11, 2010, 02:46 AM
Shafiul comes in for Rubel hossain. Thats the only change for today.

Nadim
Paichi:-D

http://www.extracover.net

Zeeshan
we got nothing to lose...wonder how tamim would start his innings...i have a bad feeling about a possible collapse

cricman
January 11, 2010, 02:47 AM
http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?
Knock yourself out, and give me 10% of your winnings for guiding you ;)

Online Gambling is illegal in the US ... Bangladesh's Opponents have gotten much better value over the past few months.

Thats a good sign, Bookies/Statisticans are noticing how much we are improving.

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 02:49 AM
yup, nothing to lose
might as well go hard i guess
hopefully the openers can scratch up a good opening stand again
www.hitcric.info :)

Maximumpro
no zaheer khan. ohno

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
Paichi:-D

http://www.extracover.net

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a lot bro..raat 3 ta bajey uuthsi khela dekhtey..

kalpurush
January 11, 2010, 02:50 AM
Bondhugon ---ei etim key sahajjo koren doya kore - live link diye!;)

cricket_king
January 11, 2010, 02:50 AM
NO. NOT RAKIBUL HASAN AGAIN. AHHH :hairpull:

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 02:53 AM
NO. NOT RAKIBUL HASAN AGAIN. AHHH :hairpull:

LOL jyoti, you hate him or what :O

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 02:55 AM
Google breaking news: Hasina is in Delhi now, meeting with Mon Mohan!!
MM- we want Anup Chetia (ulfa leader- jail abroad)
Hasian- we want to win!!
DEAL!! ::clap::
dhoni and shakib get sms at the 11th hour!! ;)

al Furqaan
January 11, 2010, 02:57 AM
we can do it...dew no dew...we can do it.

lets just see some batting fireworks and take 5 wickets...impossible for anyone to win here batting first, so we should just pad those batting averages - cuz lord knows we don't ever do it.

beshideshi
January 11, 2010, 02:57 AM
the commentators [attapattu, Amarnath] still thinks BD is in 2002, he is saying about how BD is Dependant on Ash, how our batsmen cant score runs :P We did score 296,260,249 in 3 games.

kalpurush
January 11, 2010, 02:58 AM
Looking for a good match.

BD-Shardul
January 11, 2010, 02:58 AM
Dhoni is the biggest ever COWARD of the cricket history. Can't let us field even after winning the toss in a dead rubber. Era bole abar number one...what a joke. I am sure Oz would have allowed us to field. But anyway, our tigers are not coward like Dhoooooooooooooooni. Inshallah we will show that we can win even by batting first.

Go tigers and go Rommel.

cricket_king
January 11, 2010, 02:59 AM
we got nothing to lose...wonder how tamim would start his innings...i have a bad feeling about a possible collapse

I disagree. We have the remainder of our dignity to lose. Get a win or it's all gone.

beshideshi
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/443453.html
article on rafique, CI

nahaz
Dhoni is a coward...he didn't have the balls to do what Sakib did. Even tho it was a mistake, only great men are willing to take the risks...

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 03:00 AM
Amarnath is clueless.

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 03:00 AM
that was wide ...I think!!

cricket_king
January 11, 2010, 03:01 AM
LOL jyoti, you hate him or what :O

Yeah bro. The weak link in our batting line-up on flat pitches.

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 03:02 AM
Tamim - lucky ....
still no runs, 5 dot balls

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 03:02 AM
cmon tamim !

Murad
January 11, 2010, 03:05 AM
7 dot balls damn!!!

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 03:05 AM
that was a wide.. ==

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 03:06 AM
7 dot balls damn!!!

9 now ...

and 4444444444 next ball - IK

BD-Shardul
cmon tamim !

Yea beat the hell out of this Indian cowardice!

Nadim

Nadim
January 11, 2010, 03:07 AM
another 4444

Nocturnal
2 4'ssssssssssssss in a row - IK :)

tahmid_yo
risky .. but thats RUNS!

Zeeshan
পনড!

BD-Shardul
January 11, 2010, 03:08 AM
Kayes is the MAN :fire:

Nocturnal
freeeeeeeeeeee hit :)

CricFanBD
Dhoni is the biggest ever COWARD of the cricket history. Can't let us field even after winning the toss in a dead rubber. Era bole abar number one...what a joke. I am sure Oz would have allowed us to field. But anyway, our tigers are not coward like Dhoooooooooooooooni. Inshallah we will show that we can win even by batting first.

Go tigers and go Rommel.

100% agree with u bro

tahmid_yo
woooot ! Free hit

Nadim
January 11, 2010, 03:09 AM
free it:D

al Furqaan
free hit...hope kayes gets a nother boundary...

Nocturnal
only 1 run.

10/0 after 2 ov

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 03:10 AM
good over :-D

Nocturnal
January 11, 2010, 03:10 AM
gone!! IK - caught :(

cricket_king
January 11, 2010, 03:12 AM
Lawl. Tries to be aggressive and fails.

Rifat
January 11, 2010, 03:14 AM
tyagi reminds me of Shahadat Hossain.....

Murad
Tyagi seems to be a good bowler. Got good line and lengths.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
link to kaaj kore na...extracover.net..............any other link plzzzzzzzz

tahmid_yo
stupid imrul , should just play his natural game

kalpurush
Tyagi is bowling good...

Murad
January 11, 2010, 03:16 AM
playerder body language valo mone hoitese na..!!! very careless ajke

PoorFan
January 11, 2010, 03:16 AM
Ash dosent look good.

beshideshi
January 11, 2010, 03:17 AM
Tyagi has started his career well, similar to Balaji/Pathan/Sreeshanth/Sharma/Agarkar etc

tahmid_yo
what a ball from sreesanth

Nadim
lucky Ash

al Furqaan
Ash dosent look good.

he's looked phemomenal all series...crazy run outs twice and a indecisive stroke cost him his 3 dismissals so far.

wiseshah
January 11, 2010, 03:18 AM
worst shot by ash

Electrequiem
January 11, 2010, 03:19 AM
LOL, we'll be EMBARRASSED today.

Nadim
LOL batting collapse

nahaz
Why did Sakib have to say "we want 350?" Put pressure on his batsman immediately saying it in public....good luck getting to 250 now..

wiseshah
bd seems like careless,

its supposed to be india ==they already confirm final

Murad
poor way to give the wicket away!!! :(

Russell2k7
January 11, 2010, 03:20 AM
why do these idiots play cricket?

Zeeshan
We suck.

Murad
ajke shob gula dekhi careless.. whats going on today????

karimjay.
January 11, 2010, 03:21 AM
link anyone?

Zeeshan
commentators are laughing their a..es of

kalpurush
Sob dush amader kopaler!

wiseshah
i still think ash, should not bat at number 3, he should come after 5 or 6

cricket_king
Rakibul LOL. He can make any pace bowler look like Glen Mcgrath, and any spin bowler look like Shane Warne.

detshoitan
can we play out 50 overs? dumb ashraful is horrible

Murad
okay im going to sleep now.. don't wanna torture myself by watching these idiots play!!!

hbk619
January 11, 2010, 03:22 AM
Why did Sakib have to say "we want 350?" Put pressure on his batsman immediately saying it in public....good luck getting to 250 now..

why afraiding scoring 350? if we don't have courage to score 350. we shouldn't play international cricket then

kalpurush
commentators are laughing their a..es of
What else they could do?!!!

Russell2k7
Ash will forever be a fool

al Furqaan
yep...i was afraid of this...frustration at having to bat first...the team has thrown up the white flag and as a result you will see wickets thrown away left and right with only rock and mushy playing overly slow knocks...we'll prolly creep our way to 150-6 in 50 overs.

Russell2k7
lol i feel for those guys who opened up the thread at ICF

Murad
January 11, 2010, 03:23 AM
i still think ash, should not bat at number 3, he should come after 5 or 6

He is good when the ball is a bit old. Like after the 10th over. He is very poor against the new moving ball.

PoorFan
Morons gone back to their usual batting style.

nahaz
That shot would be sth a school kid would try...really stupid. Was he thinking what the purpose of that shot was? He wasn't trying to hit down the ground..went for the harder shot.

detshoitan
can we score 150 today?

why afraiding scoring 350? if we don't have courage to score 350. we shouldn't play international cricket then

karimjay.
link!

Murad
January 11, 2010, 03:24 AM
Seems like he was a bit unlucky...!!

wiseshah
January 11, 2010, 03:24 AM
ash er average sara jibon muralir moto thakbe

Rizvi
January 11, 2010, 03:25 AM
Taigy is kicking our behinds...

Anher
January 11, 2010, 03:25 AM
this thread must be going to be the most boring match thread against India.
Today's bd batting showing once again they are Unteachable.

kalpurush
January 11, 2010, 03:26 AM
Haha...lucky Tamim

PoorFan
January 11, 2010, 03:26 AM
Ash should lose couple of games for that moronic out.

Rizvi
January 11, 2010, 03:27 AM
This is where it helps to have ROK n not Aftab...or else its 3rd wicket soon

tiger_club
what happened to the batting friendly pitch?

nahaz

Of course we shouldn't be afraid. 350 is exactly what Tamim should say in the dreassing room..but saying in public at the toss kind of makes it an uncompromising target. If we can't handle the pressure of chasing 320, how can we handle this pressure. I'd have said "we'd like to score something in excess of 300" and then go for it.

Russell2k7
lol tamim was plumbed

detshoitan
January 11, 2010, 03:28 AM
today bangladesh batting like bangladesh

Russell2k7
January 11, 2010, 03:28 AM
these fools dance down the track like morons while all Dhoni does is play tuk taak shots

tahmid_yo
January 11, 2010, 03:29 AM
test match now !

kalpurush
January 11, 2010, 03:29 AM
this thread must be going to be the most boring match thread against India.
Yes! Mr. Anher should have open ^^ thread!!;)

nahaz
January 11, 2010, 03:30 AM
This is where it helps to have ROK n not Aftab...or else its 3rd wicket soon

haha...thank god. Tho we won't be getting 350 with him, we wouldn't get all out under 200 half as often. Gives us a fighting chance..

Btw, Imrul got too carried away as well..both those wickets were huge gifts

kalpurush
January 11, 2010, 03:31 AM
lol tamim was plumbed
with inside edge!;)