PDA

View Full Version : India-Pak Series: My thoughts

Navarene
January 14, 2004, 06:31 PM
Pakistan-India matches are hardly influenced by "Who is at what position in ICC table", "Which team is better" and so on.

That all is forgotten in 5 minutes of play. Batsman seem like novices. Bowlers seem as if they are bowling for the first time. Fielders hope the balls don't come to them.

Soemtimes an exact opposite happens. Batsman finds the form of his life, bowlers bowls like never before and fielders are springing on their feet.

I don't think India is a slight favourite. I think Pakistan is a huge favourite, going by the past record and the present conditions.

After the hectic Australian tour, tour of Pakistan within a month was a BAD idea by the team management. Almost suicidal. I sympathize with the Indian players who would be thrown into the most intense test of nerves and character with a tired mind and tired body.

Sami
January 14, 2004, 07:19 PM
ummm.... and after they are further tired after paki tour they come and play us... :P maybe it aint that bad... ;) LOL

James90
January 14, 2004, 09:58 PM
Hey!!! Well pointed out Sami!!!

James90
January 14, 2004, 10:00 PM
What's the bet they play a second string side? Like Gavaskar, Badani, Bangar, Youhannan, Dasgupta, Kartik and so on. Just as Sri Lanka did with Mubarak and friends

Hasib
January 15, 2004, 02:05 AM
Was the 2000 test match payed by a second string?