PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Ponting

AsifTheManRahman
January 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
RESPECT. Been one of my favorite cricketers out of the ones I've watched live ever since I started following the game in 1992.

Near the top right corner of Ricky Ponting's bat is painted the thick black outline of a kookaburra, which is appropriate, for one of the most devastating sentences in all cricket literature goes: "He not only butchered the bowling, he took a cruel delight in his total mastery, as a kookaburra takes a cackling joy in breaking the necks of snakes."
So said Denzil Batchelor of Don Bradman. Add a wad of chewie, a flash of furry, sun-browned arms, then some little boy's teeth peeping out the instant before that happy cackle erupts, and you have Ricky Ponting in excelsis.
More (http://www.cricinfo.com/decadereview2009/content/story/443702.html)

Tigers_eye
January 14, 2010, 02:53 PM
Great batsman there is no doubt. Equally bhuwa captain. Worst on field antics by far. Disgrace to the previous great Aussie captains. 30+ year old man acts like teenaged girl. Mommy mommy!! I mean umpire umpire!!

Recently he tasted Roach and didn't like that.

Surfer
January 15, 2010, 11:22 AM
Ponting had been on a steady decline of late. This innings is far more important to him than one can imagine. One has to say that Pakistan hasn't been great on the field, but runs scored are runs scored.

Beamer
January 15, 2010, 12:36 PM
Ponting is mentally one tough scoundrel like all the other Aussie greats.