PDA

View Full Version : Was It Tendu who decided bad light

BangladeshFan
January 17, 2010, 06:08 AM
This is the first time I have seen a batsman almost deciding bad light by himself. The umpires and batsmen almost started to walk when Tendu "called for bad light". Mr Bowden almost checked lights walking towards pavillion!!

We could have two in two balls just before that, first Tendu's miscued pull landed safely and indecision by fielders, then the very next ball a plumb lbw wasnt given against ishant. And suddenly at the end of over Tendu decided lights. Sakib stretched his hands in frustration. The commentators were saying light is better than actually when they started!

Classic example of an influential player deciding for the umpires:mad:

WarWolf
January 17, 2010, 06:10 AM
Bro come down. It's a part of cricket.

BangladeshFan
January 17, 2010, 06:18 AM
Sorry for the duplicate threads!

BD-Shardul
January 17, 2010, 06:32 AM
Take it easy. As a fan of the ordinary team, I have no other option except grudgingly accept the fact that if we are to win, we will have to win fighting against the opposition as well as all the umpiring injustice. Let's keep fighting and let the biased umpiring inspiring us more to produce more wickets and runs.

Surfer
January 17, 2010, 06:34 AM
You guys are taking this to entirely somewhere else. A batsman reserves the right to complain if he feels the visibility is low. The umpire will offer him the light if the light meter agrees with the batsman.

Surfer
January 17, 2010, 06:35 AM
You guys are taking this to entirely somewhere else. A batsman reserves the right to complain if he feels the visibility is low. The umpire will offer him the light if the light meter agrees with the batsman.

WarWolf
January 17, 2010, 07:53 AM
I have no complaints regarding this. I don't remember any one ever could question Shachin's sportsmanship.

cricket_pagol
January 17, 2010, 08:44 AM
Don't focus on distractions, just enjoy what our team has achieved today!

cricket_king
January 17, 2010, 09:34 AM
Calm down mate. I don't think it's too bad a thing. If we had bowled them out before the day had finished, our openers would've had a tough few overs to face with the Indian bowlers, who would be charging in with nothing to lose.

revolver
January 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
we did a great job inshallah we will do much better tomorow

Neel Here
January 17, 2010, 09:44 AM
This is the first time I have seen a batsman almost deciding bad light by himself. The umpires and batsmen almost started to walk when Tendu "called for bad light". Mr Bowden almost checked lights walking towards pavillion!!

We could have two in two balls just before that, first Tendu's miscued pull landed safely and indecision by fielders, then the very next ball a plumb lbw wasnt given against ishant. And suddenly at the end of over Tendu decided lights. Sakib stretched his hands in frustration. The commentators were saying light is better than actually when they started!

Classic example of an influential player deciding for the umpires:mad:

light can ALWAYS be asked for by the batsman. he can appeal for bad light and if umpire agrees play is called off. be aware of cricketing rules before shouting bias.

Ashfaq
January 17, 2010, 09:48 AM
Vai, if ther's any one in the indian dressing room that we shouldn't run our mouth against, It's tendulker. Everybody else is fair game but please don't insult Tendulker since that would be insulting cricket itself.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 09:54 AM
light can ALWAYS be asked for by the batsman. he can appeal for bad light and if umpire agrees play is called off. be aware of cricketing rules before shouting bias.
I thought he is well aware of cricket rules, he intend to say newbe umpires were influenced by GOD like Tendu.

Neel Here
January 17, 2010, 09:56 AM
umpires are 'supposed' to be influenced if the batsman appeals for poor light.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 09:57 AM
Vai, if ther's any one in the indian dressing room that we shouldn't run our mouth against, It's tendulker. Everybody else is fair game but please don't insult Tendulker since that would be insulting cricket itself.
Yes he is a great player, and today proved again he is a man of top class.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 10:04 AM
umpires are 'supposed' to be influenced if the batsman appeals for poor light.
Right. And you are 'supposed' to know that post [of BangladeshFan] didnt lack awareness of cricket rules.;)

Neel Here
January 17, 2010, 10:05 AM
Right. And you are 'supposed' to know that post [of BangladeshFan] didnt lack awareness of cricket rules.;)

if he knew the rules he won't have complained that the umpire decided to check the light because the batsman asked him to. :)

Surfer
January 17, 2010, 10:18 AM
I thought he is well aware of cricket rules, he intend to say newbe umpires were influenced by GOD like Tendu.

Influenced in what sense? It was not a matter of judgement, it was a matter of rule. The umpire does not decide whether the batsman gets the light. The light meter does. The umpire only conveys it to the players. So even if we suppose the umpires were going gaga over Tendulkar's stature, which someone of Billy Bowden's experience would not be, there is no chance of a bias there.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 10:25 AM
if he knew the rules he won't have complained that the umpire decided to check the light because the batsman asked him to. :)
If you read his post carefully, you wont be asking him to be aware of cricket rules.
:)

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 10:34 AM
Influenced in what sense? ....
Are you asking me? Are you sure you asking the right person?? I suggest you read all posts [above] carefully who is saying what, what actually he meant. Yes, before going foolish GaGa on someons quote my friend.

FagunerAgun
January 17, 2010, 10:35 AM
There is nothing wrong with the Batsmen's decision.
I think Shamim Choudhury, the commentator's comment: "I feels that it is a lot brighter than it was when play started earlier this morning" might have confused some of us.

Surfer
January 17, 2010, 10:51 AM
Are you asking me? Are you sure you asking the right person?? I suggest you read all posts [above] carefully who is saying what, what actually he meant. Yes, before going foolish GaGa on someons quote my friend.

You undertook to explain his post. This is a part of his post only.

Surfer
January 17, 2010, 10:53 AM
If you read his post carefully, you wont be asking him to be aware of cricket rules.

Th title clearly says that he needs a brush up with the rules. Taking light is 'always' the batsman's call.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 11:09 AM
You undertook to explain his post. This is a part of his post only.
No I didnt, I pointed out he knows cricket rules.

Th title clearly says that he needs a brush up with the rules. Taking light is 'always' the batsman's call.
And the title does not 'clearly' says he need a lecture on cricket rules, not as it seems to me.

Neel Here
January 17, 2010, 11:21 AM

I don't see how. like I said, if he knew the regulations this thread won't have been opened. but raakho ei torko bitorko. onek hoise. :)

Surfer
January 17, 2010, 11:25 AM
No I didnt, I pointed out he knows cricket rules.

And the title does not 'clearly' says he need a lecture on cricket rules, not as it seems to me.

The title says Was It Tendu who decided bad light"

And post concludes as "Classic example of an influential player deciding for the umpires".

He clearly indicates that it was an act of bias. He clearly has no idea that it is as per the rules of the game. He definitely needs a lecture on the rules.

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2010, 12:25 PM
It's normal - the light is offered to the batsmen and is totally up to them to take/decline. I would have taken it if I were 213/8.

BangladeshFan
January 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
The point is , umpire bowden didnt bring the light meter out, Tendu asked for it. The second thing is, the batsmen started to walk even before the umpires checked and offered them light. Check the highlights if you have doubt. Bowden was walking when he checked the lights as well. The stature of Tendu shouldnt effect the decisions anyway but it does. Guys, who are saying he is the epitome of sportsmanship, try to understand what I am saying, Tendu is my favorite batsman as well.

Sakib should have demanded to know the reading of the light meter and whats the threshold. Stretching the hand for camera means nothing.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 10:04 PM
Raakho tomader chapabazi & golabazi. Aar koto bujhe-o [the original post] na bujhar bhaan korba? No where he said that yesterday's light matter was out of book, rather his point was ... 'batsman started to walk before light has been checked by umpire and been offered', means he was questioning the manner of the process of that decision been made. Anyway I think we both made it enough clear what we are talking about, now lets move on.

I don't see how. like I said, if he knew the regulations this thread won't have been opened. but raakho ei torko bitorko. onek hoise. :)

He clearly indicates the manner of the process [of that decision making] looked biased, bad light is a matter to be 'offered' from umpire, not a batsman asks & walks before the light has been 'checked' and 'offered'. Whether you agree with his observation [manner of the process] or not is one thing, but looking down the people saying 'read the book "before going gaga"' is other thing.

Hope we have enough on this conveniently twisting talking, now lets just move on.

The title says Was It Tendu who decided bad light"

And post concludes as "Classic example of an influential player deciding for the umpires".

He clearly indicates that it was an act of bias. He clearly has no idea that it is as per the rules of the game. He definitely needs a lecture on the rules.

Ajfar
January 17, 2010, 10:29 PM
The point is , umpire bowden didnt bring the light meter out, Tendu asked for it.

The batsman is suppose to ask for it. he is the one facing the ball not the umpire.

The stature of Tendu shouldnt effect the decisions anyway but it does.

what you are implying in your first post is that it was bad sportsmanship from Sachin, that is one quality that you will not find in him, his record speaks for itself.

Sakib should have demanded to know the reading of the light meter and whats the threshold. Stretching the hand for camera means nothing.

what do you think the umpires pretended to look at the meter and said ok lets call it a day? you want him to call out the umpire, and then people will say bad sportsman ship from sakib.

BangladeshFan
January 18, 2010, 04:48 AM
The batsman is suppose to ask for it. he is the one facing the ball not the umpire.

what you are implying in your first post is that it was bad sportsmanship from Sachin, that is one quality that you will not find in him, his record speaks for itself.

what do you think the umpires pretended to look at the meter and said ok lets call it a day? you want him to call out the umpire, and then people will say bad sportsman ship from sakib.

the batsman is not "supposed to" ask for it, the batsman "may" ask for it.

the umpires shouldnt care , what records stand for. infact thats the point i am getting at. a tendu and a raqibul should be treated the same way by the umpires.

its not a bad sportsmanship from sakib to ask for light meter readings. We have to stand our grounds and let our voice heard clear.

Surfer
January 18, 2010, 04:58 AM
the batsman is not "supposed to" ask for it, the batsman "may" ask for it.

the umpires shouldnt care , what records stand for. infact thats the point i am getting at. a tendu and a raqibul should be treated the same way by the umpires.

its not a bad sportsmanship from sakib to ask for light meter readings. We have to stand our grounds and let our voice heard clear.

When a batsman asks for light, the umpire has to check the light meter and give it to the batsman if the light meter says it's dark. As I sad before, it's not a matter of judgement where the umpire can be biased. It's a matter of rule. If the light meter says it's dark, the batsman has the right to walk off. The only role the umpire plays is to check the light meter and convey the results to the batsman and then convey the batsman's decision to the fielding captain.

nahaz
January 18, 2010, 05:03 AM
The batsman may ask for it means its upto them to ask for it..of course tendulkar will ask for it in that situation..can someone plz upload the footage you are talking about? If they start walking b4 the decision is made, that's just bad...but would Sachin actually do it?

Question is..why didn't WE ask for it today b4 Nafees got out? You could hardly see anything. It was almost as bad as last WC final....

nahaz
January 18, 2010, 05:07 AM
One other thing you should all be aware of is that if the light is offered and the batsmen refuse to take it, the umpires will not grant their wish next time unless the light is worse than whenthey got offered..so refusing on a LUX meter reading of 4, say, would mean next time the batsmen ask and its 4 or greater, the batsman will have to keep playing, unless its dangerous for the batsman (I think). I wonder if that is what happened with Bangladesh. You have to be really careful when you refuse the light to carry the momentum.

Neel Here
January 18, 2010, 05:16 AM
The batsman may ask for it means its upto them to ask for it..of course tendulkar will ask for it in that situation..can someone plz upload the footage you are talking about? If they start walking b4 the decision is made, that's just bad...but would Sachin actually do it?

Question is..why didn't WE ask for it today b4 Nafees got out? You could hardly see anything. It was almost as bad as last WC final....
read tiger eye bhais post in the match thread. tendu asked much before that.

BangladeshFan
January 18, 2010, 07:12 AM

well you can check the replays, tendu or ishant has no right to start walking before the umpire says so. thats what i am getting at. Tendu will ofcourse ask for it as he miscued a pull an over before and lucky to survive.

the other thing is, we dont know the light meter reading, bowden did it almost reluctantly walking towards pavilion himself. Sakib should have asked what the reading is right then. We could have had two in two balls and the innings would be over just before the finish.