PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice Shahadat's foul mouth

Nafi
January 17, 2010, 03:22 PM
Ive heard him say f**k! when a edge went over slips, pretty loud before against NZ.

Also Im pretty sure he swore again today, but not at anyone, just frustration

and I read this comment from an anonymous poster on another site.

Just caught a bit of the highlights on the news. The fast bowler who got all those wickets sure has one foul mouth. He makes Brad Williams look like Mother Teresa. There's still 2 more innings to go in the series. I don't think Rahul Dravid is going to take it lightly being repeatedly accused of having an incestuous relationship with his mum.

cricman
January 17, 2010, 03:25 PM
Thats a Fast Bowlers Attitude

Equinox
January 17, 2010, 03:27 PM
I don't think he swore at Rahul Dravid. He was just shouting gibberish and running around.

Zeeshan
January 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
He might've said smucker's brothers and our guest might've interpreted it differently....just sayin...

hoodlum
January 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
Which idiot said that?I guess he is blind.Shahadat wasnt saying anything to Dravid.stupid poster.Its a typical fast bowler's attitude.He was throwing those words to none other than Sehwag.

Electrequiem
January 17, 2010, 03:36 PM
Even if he implied an incestuous relationship with Dravid's mother, I will not be on the side that admonishes him.

We need some swagger.

sufism
January 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
He was looking at the Indian dressing room after bowling dravid. Not anyone in particular. And definitely not Dravid.

Dhakablues
January 17, 2010, 03:50 PM
He did use the F word few times,, so did other players like in the BD team previously. That kind of aggression is not really taken into account. One other change from Shahadat was that he is not looking at the players in their eyes as he used to.. Come to think of it, he is a much better bowler after Ramanayake's change. I wonder why he was complaining,, because he seems more diciplined to me than what he used to be. He still has the aggression but its more controlled in his line/length..

kmasum
January 17, 2010, 03:56 PM
he wasn't saying foul words to dravid
...i seen the highlight of his wickets few times
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

nycpro96
January 17, 2010, 04:05 PM
I like it. His attitude is one thing that our team lacks.

Rommel
January 17, 2010, 04:10 PM
If you can back it up, then there is no problem. So far, Rajib has been able to back it up.

IanW
January 17, 2010, 04:46 PM
All I have to say to that is "An aggressive fast bowler who swears. F#ck"

BANFAN
January 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
Great attitude as a pacer. I like him for that. Just wish he can inject it to other co players.

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2010, 05:29 PM
In war, your opponent must be demolished, humiliated, destroyed, torn to pieces and the shreds fed to dogs. And cricket is greater than war.

Tehsin
January 17, 2010, 05:43 PM
My..oh....my.... :)

As for Shadhu, our Shadhu can't do all those things that have been "accused" by the naysayers. I'll have to hear it with my own ears before I believe it. Also, the gestures were towards the dressing room, not Dravid. In which case, it was completely justifiable. Ordinary players tend to do these things.

As for the match, 4 days left, anything could happen. India has a very strong batting line up and we have a very giving (catch practice) batting line up. We need to continue the pressure and keep our head above the pettiness. Let's focus on getting the 20 wickets and winning this match befoe we start celebrating. We have had some great days in test cricket, however, we have managed to bungle it up due to one or two (Ponting, Inzy, Vettori) solid performances by the opposing players. Let's finish it this time. ;)

In war, your opponent must be demolished, humiliated, destroyed, torn to pieces and the shreds fed to dogs. And cricket is greater than war.

al Furqaan
January 17, 2010, 06:12 PM
top comments by ATMR and Ian (as usual)...

foul-mouth? not so much, more like an ORDINARY mouth.

who cares about incest...mofo is only slightly less palatable than becho and both are equally incestuous...has that poster never heard rap music? everyone from tupac to immortal technique has referred to themselves as "mofos"...so its hardly a literal word for incest - in those cases not even being derogatory at all.

Shehwar
January 17, 2010, 06:20 PM
I see nothing wrong in the way he conducts himself ...

IanW
January 17, 2010, 06:32 PM
His most effective counter sledge wasnt anything he said. It was his finger to his lips.

And note that Sachin agrees with him on that.

chol_bd123
January 17, 2010, 06:36 PM

I like your comments. You are starting to remind me of CCBD.
After Shahadat got those wickets it seemed like he dropped the f bomb and started to curse at the Inidans

Equinox
January 17, 2010, 07:02 PM
top comments by ATMR and Ian (as usual)...

foul-mouth? not so much, more like an ORDINARY mouth.

who cares about incest...mofo is only slightly less palatable than becho and both are equally incestuous...has that poster never heard rap music? everyone from tupac to immortal technique has referred to themselves as "mofos"...so its hardly a literal word for incest - in those cases not even being derogatory at all.
Different cultures bro. Calling someone a "mofo" in a rap song is showing them respect whereas if a Bangladeshi or Indian says it they are actually insinuating incestuous relations with a family member. But yeah I saw the replays again to me it seems that Rajib is only shouting...nothing in particular. I think he should reserve the mofos etc. for other players who are more deserving in that team.

chol_bd123
January 17, 2010, 07:07 PM
WHat will happen if the umpire hears him curse??

Purbasha T
January 17, 2010, 07:16 PM
WHat will happen if the umpire hears him curse??

Lol! You think they don't?

IanW
January 17, 2010, 07:18 PM
Excessive obscenity, or racially charged obscenity, may see him being fined part of his match fee, or even a ban.

But nothing I've seen comes close to that (and I say that neutrally, not as a fan).

tiger_club
January 17, 2010, 07:48 PM
nice! that's the spirit! i don't mind as long he delivers.

cricket_king
January 17, 2010, 07:52 PM
Who cares? As long he backs up is so-called "aggression", which I guess was evident yesterday, he can say whatever he likes during the match.

You also sense he wasn't too happy with India's attitude towards us. He's just giving something back.

Russell2k7
January 17, 2010, 08:01 PM
Yes he was just shouting and running around.

Antora
January 17, 2010, 08:15 PM
Isn't that what all fast bowlers do? ;)

bujhee kom
January 17, 2010, 08:25 PM
So, I take it that it is not okay to address each other as 'What's up Fo' here. Ho, Fo, MoFo, these are bad words, right, not acceptable in the forum, right?

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2010, 08:26 PM
So, is it okay to adrress each other as Fo here?
Depends. Am I your opponent?

Neel Here
January 17, 2010, 08:27 PM
long as he doesn't go overboard.

I don't know if people here have ever heard of this 'rule'. we used it in our school life.

when you get on the ground for a match, you have no mother, no sister or any other relative in the world. you are well and truly alone in this world.

if zidane remembered this one france would have been WC champions. ;)

t697318
January 17, 2010, 08:29 PM
oh man, i just hope i don't get on the pitch and start to fast bowl, i'm gonna make eminem look like a priest

shaad
January 17, 2010, 09:08 PM
His most effective counter sledge wasnt anything he said. It was his finger to his lips.

You know, when I first saw that, I interpreted it more as a gunslinger blowing the smoke off his guns, rather than a gesture telling his opponents to er, shut up.

wiseshah
January 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
i think aggression is the key to success in cricket. specially for bowlers, we need aggression. i am glad shahadat still has that, thats a plus point.

because of aggression, tamim iqbal is one of the successful cricketer in BD cricket.
we need more like tamim and shahadat.

chamchagiri time is over, its time to show what we actually can do.

zainab
January 17, 2010, 10:04 PM
I did hear him use the F word in SL when someone dropped a catch off his bowling.

Ajfar
January 17, 2010, 10:14 PM
My favorite part was the kick, i was really hoping some one would take a screen shot and post it here, i was too excited to think or i would have. that kick was meant for Shewag.

PoorFan
January 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
Come on! Those words means nothing in a heat moment of a game, nothing new in any kind of professional sports.

akabir77
January 17, 2010, 10:34 PM
At least he didn't say some thing like monkey.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

hbk619
January 17, 2010, 10:39 PM
what's the point? glenn mcgrath said the f word thousands times during ipl......

IanW
January 17, 2010, 10:55 PM
Akabir,

Its not what was said, it's why it was said. Or are you ok with being called a lazy little Paki ?

magic boy
January 17, 2010, 11:28 PM
:flag::flag::flag:
বাঘের গর্জন শুনিছে বিশ্ব
শুনিতে বাকি ইন্দো বৎস
কে আছো জোয়ান
হউ আগুয়ান
শুনিয়ে দাও হুঙ্কার
সময় এসেছে জবাব দেবার
মানবনা আর কোন অবিচার
দেশমাতা যেথায় লাঞ্ছিত হয়
Ordinary BD শব্দবানে
কেন তবে পারবনা দিতে
শুদ্ধ/কল্পিত জবাব, রনক্ষেত্রে?

akabir77
January 17, 2010, 11:49 PM
Akabir,

Its not what was said, it's why it was said. Or are you ok with being called a lazy little Paki ?

That's why i said he didn't said anything like that... (hence I am not ok with it). But i am ok with name calling which didn't started with you. So he could have said that to him self or the bird that was flying by...:-*

rafiq
January 18, 2010, 12:43 AM
india's lowest total against us in Bangladesh brings me back to this esteemed forum..

nothing wrong with the f-word, get over it

PoorFan
January 18, 2010, 01:28 AM
india's lowest total against us in Bangladesh brings me back to this esteemed forum..

Nice to see you here after long long time.

rafiq
January 18, 2010, 02:16 AM
Thanks man...

and I just saw I. Sharma refer to Imrul Kayes' sexual relationship with his sister. This was previously not public information.

mona
January 18, 2010, 04:01 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii rafiq bhai!!! nice to see you from me as well.

Lol @ the people who said Rajib was just swearing and running around. Now I have this funny image of him running across the field from here to there shouting at no one in particular.

al Furqaan
January 18, 2010, 11:04 AM

u should come back more often. these days, this is not anything new.

in the last 18 months or so, following teams have posted their lowest first innings score against us:

South Africa (170)
New Zealand (171)
Sri Lanka (280-290 something)
India (243)

three of those teams are very good (top 5 rankings).

in 2002, when u first joined BC, teams were used to posting their highest scores on us!

revolver
January 18, 2010, 11:09 AM
lol he aint no fast bowler..il say medium pace....

al Furqaan
January 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
lol he aint no fast bowler..il say medium pace....

his pace was equal to and greater than ishant and he's a "right arm fast" according to cricinfo.

btw, rubel's been the quickest here by a mile and a half.

Tiger Manc
January 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
u should come back more often. these days, this is not anything new.

in the last 18 months or so, following teams have posted their lowest first innings score against us:

South Africa (170)
New Zealand (171)
Sri Lanka (280-290 something)
India (243)

three of those teams are very good (top 5 rankings).

in 2002, when u first joined BC, teams were used to posting their highest scores on us!

Wow 2002! That's impressive. Talk about loyalty.

revolver
January 18, 2010, 11:17 AM
his pace was equal to and greater than ishant and he's a "right arm fast" according to cricinfo.

btw, rubel's been the quickest here by a mile and a half.

ishant is just out of equation these days, even average batsmen can smash him any ball..
rubel is a killer in few years i can see him as a great player

bangla-red
January 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
Shahadat bowls in the high 70s, that's medium-fast at best.