PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs. India, 2nd Test, SBNS, Mirpur January 24-28, 2010

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19

Anher
January 26, 2010, 05:30 AM
Ash should have kept the strike and protected the better batsman.

Thats what he did. :-D

dark mage
Why is the day so long? How many more to go till stumps?

Nafi
haha ishant wasted the last ball with a wide bouncer

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 05:31 AM
YES! Stumps and no heart attack!

WarWolf
Bells off.

salin
boli gaysay na asay

gunda
Stumps.

Roni_uk
2 night watchmen are on the crease ..I am worried

arsenalsri
228/3 - Well played Bangladesh.

with a night watchman on the crease, it could become 250/4 tomorrow morning.

Sohel
The nightwatchMEN survive some excellent swing bowling.

Russell2k7
screw u ZAK he is pissing me off lol

mona
January 26, 2010, 05:32 AM
ooooohhhh Ishant vs. Shahadat.

Roni_uk
Stumps.. Oh thank god for that

M.H.Rubel
Ash should have kept the strike and protected the better batsman.

Agreed.LOL
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

beshideshi
January 26, 2010, 05:33 AM
I was not on the thread when Tamim started playing, and decided not to come as a good luck thingy.
It was very unfortunate to see zunayed, and specially Tamim to depart right before stumps. But Zaheer khan was bowling unbelievably well, reversing in both directions, accurate. Amazing stuff

chol_bd123
damn if those wickets didnt fall they could have started new tomorrow.

capslock
The rest of the team need to bat out the 4th day, with at least a century and a couple of fifties between them. Then the game gets interesting.

Sohel
Good response by a couple of early 20s kids. Proud to be one of your kind, and looking forward to watching you kick @$$ from 27-37 InshAllah.

aniksh1
January 26, 2010, 05:34 AM
finally a satisfying day of BD batting...very well played Tamim Iqbal...hopefully other takes the same confidence and bat on

RazabQ
Last chance saloon for Ash? Easy pitch, old ball - come on son, give us an Eid ...

RazabQ
Also mad props to Zaheer - whattabowler!!!!

AsifTheManRahman
Tonight's been a good night. Tomorrow's a brand new day and hopefully the rest of the guys will do their jobs instead of throwing it away like they normally do.

Purbasha T
Ooooh...end of the day. At least our top order did their job.

Reverse swing coming into play did it for us, but still could've avoided those two deliveries our batsmen.

Anyway, Alhamdulillah for everything. Now tomorrow is the day for APPLICATION.

mona
I was not on the thread when Tamim started playing, and decided not to come as a good luck thingy.
It was very unfortunate to see zunayed, and specially Tamim to depart right before stumps. But Zaheer khan was bowling unbelievably well, reversing in both directions, accurate. Amazing stuff

HA! So it was YOU! None of this swinging ball stuff. You should be banned from this thread. Errr cappie? I heard him say that Ashraful will get a 100 tmrw.

PoorFan
January 26, 2010, 05:35 AM
Giving last 2 wickets is indeed ordinary, Zunaed himself to be blamed. Overall well done BD. Bye for now.

Roni_uk
and India gets their psychological advantage.

AsifTheManRahman
Last chance saloon for Ash? Easy pitch, old ball - come on son, give us an Eid ...
His back may just be against the wall. You know what happens when that happens.

capslock
HA! So it was YOU! None of this swinging ball stuff. You should be banned from this thread. Errr cappie? I heard him say that Ashraful will get a 100 tmrw.

WHAT?!??!?

Getting the ban hammer ready!

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 05:36 AM
Indeed indeed. Mad respect for the guy - he's improved quite a bit over his career, especially the last couple of years.

Sohel
January 26, 2010, 05:37 AM

Amen.

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2010, 05:37 AM
Losing two quick wickets kinda left a bad taste, but good to see tamim determined to preserve his wicket... he looked very sad as he walked off the pitch.

Jesus87
January 26, 2010, 05:41 AM
There are two free wickets to give tomorrow Ash and Shakib, i expect Mush and Riyadh to put an 120+ partnership the least

Naimul_Hd
what a victory for Bangladesh today ! we stretched this match to 4th day comfortably and we will make INDIA bat again !! :notworthy:

gunda
LOL 'A smiling Athar'..

aniksh1
January 26, 2010, 05:45 AM
Shahadat's batting hopefully will be crucial in knocking down those 83 runs...

Miraz
January 26, 2010, 05:46 AM
Excellent display from both Tamim and Zunaed. One of them should have stayed till the end. Now onus on the rest of the batsmen to stand up and take the match to the fifth day.

Roni_uk
January 26, 2010, 05:46 AM
crapinfo.. India in charge despite Tamim ton - thanks to Zahir's last minute double strike! Dhuro!

gunda
January 26, 2010, 05:47 AM
Shahadat's batting hopefully will be crucial in knocking down those 83 runs...

Shahdat's gona be on fire tommarrow... Hold your guards. Can't wait. :-D

al-Sagar
January 26, 2010, 05:47 AM
the pitch looks good, can we play the whole of tomorrow ? get a lead of 200+ ??? or may be 250 + ???
we need another batsman to score a century and two good partnerships. come on

Neel Here
January 26, 2010, 05:48 AM
wrong thread.

skhondoker
i hope there will be team meeting now to sketch out tomorrow's game....

tamim looked upset...he did not even shake his hands with siddons....

siddons was a cheer leader today...good to see that...

Antora
I wanted Tamim to beat Ash's record :(
Ah well. Lovely played by Tamim =D
I am more than happy!

gunda
January 26, 2010, 05:50 AM
I wanted Tamim to beat Ash's record :(
Ah well. Lovely played by Tamim =D
I am more than happy!

Same here :(

Rosgulla
January 26, 2010, 05:50 AM
the pitch looks good, can we play the whole of tomorrow ? get a lead of 200+ ??? or may be 250 + ???
we need another batsman to score a century and two good partnerships. come onwell you can do it , but batsmen need to apply themselves. if they go out thinking all of them are tamim , then India will win by lunch on day 5 :-D

capslock
January 26, 2010, 05:51 AM
Shahadat's back is to the wall now, if he wants to keep batting top of the order he better come up with a century at the very least.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 05:51 AM
well you can do it , but batsmen need to apply themselves. if they go out thinking all of them are tamim , then India will win by lunch on day 5 :-D
You mean day 4. Yeah, it could happen.

Neel Here
January 26, 2010, 05:54 AM
Shahadat's back is to the wall now, if he wants to keep batting top of the order he better come up with a century at the very least.

shahadat or ash ?

Naimul_Hd
There are two free wickets to give tomorrow Ash and Shakib, i expect Mush and Riyadh to put an 120+ partnership the least

you forgot about the ROCK ! hehehe ~

skhondoker

huh......do u mean ash...

Jesus87
January 26, 2010, 05:55 AM

hahaha i bet he'll make us proud tomorrow. He is the next Sachin

Miraz
January 26, 2010, 05:55 AM

:smug:

He will defnitely deliver tomorrow.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 05:58 AM
:smug:

He will defnitely deliver tomorrow.
On the other hand, anything from the nightwatchman at the other end would be a bonus.

Rosgulla
January 26, 2010, 05:59 AM
oh well, best of luck to you bangladesh fans for tomorrow , I obviously want India to win. but I equally want Bangladesh to put up a very stiff fight and not capitulate easily . I have said this before , that in TEST CRICKET ... a draw is sometimes as good as a victory. if Bangladesh draw this match then it will be like a defeat for India, so that should be the first thought in all batsmens minds .. to try and draw

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 05:59 AM
hahaha i bet he'll make us proud tomorrow. He is the next Sachin
You mean >

Naimul_Hd
January 26, 2010, 06:00 AM
What ever the runs scored by SHahadat and Ash pair will be bonus for us ! i dnt expect much from this pair, if they can stay there for 20 odd mins will be fine ! After the fall of any wkt tomorrow, MAHMUDULLAH should come next !

Naimul_Hd
January 26, 2010, 06:02 AM
oh well, best of luck to you bangladesh fans for tomorrow , I obviously want India to win. but I equally want Bangladesh to put up a very stiff fight and not capitulate easily . I have said this before , that in TEST CRICKET ... a draw is sometimes as good as a victory. if Bangladesh draw this match then it will be like a defeat for India, so that should be the first thought in all batsmens minds .. to try and draw

there is no chance of drawing this match on BD's part now ! WIN OR LOSE is on the card !

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 06:03 AM
if we can survive 30 odd mins early on without losing wk then i thinnk we will take a 200 runs lead minimum.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

capslock
January 26, 2010, 06:03 AM
You mean >

Matha khawa alert!

Rosgulla
January 26, 2010, 06:04 AM
there is no chance of drawing this match on BD's part now ! WIN OR LOSE is on the card !

The problem is , that if you try to go for the win , you will definetly lose

tho I might be wrong :-p

Shobha
January 26, 2010, 06:12 AM
This is brillian this is!! Im absolutly ecstatic. I had an exam this morning so i missed todays action completetly. and i was hoping that somehow we survive the day without being all out so that i can watch something atleast tomorow. And thanks to Tamim and Bizu i have now plenty of batting to watch tomorow:-D:-D

Imtiazk
January 26, 2010, 06:14 AM
What I would ideally like to happen tomorrow is Shahadat bat out at least 90 minutes. Even if scores 10. That would give the other batsmen considerable boost. Ironically, the way the Indians batted this morning may have removed some of the fear from our guys.

beshideshi
January 26, 2010, 06:19 AM

WHAT?!??!?

Getting the ban hammer ready!

haha, if my ban results in a win for *Ban* then so be it :)

capslock
January 26, 2010, 06:19 AM
What I would ideally like to happen tomorrow is Shahadat bat out at least 90 minutes. Even if scores 10. That would give the other batsmen considerable boost. Ironically, the way the Indians batted this morning may have removed some of the fear from our guys.

Really? I would ideally like to have him score a century.

salin
January 26, 2010, 06:22 AM
aida tora ki korli? tiray aisha tori dubaili?

arsenalsri
January 26, 2010, 06:22 AM

The draw is still a possibility albeit not one that I would hedge my bets on.

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 06:24 AM
need another hundred from one of those : mr Eid , Shakib , Ryad , Mush , ROk

Neel Here
January 26, 2010, 06:24 AM
we are forgetting that the real BD batting is still to come -- riyad, mushy and shakib. if they can see off the first hour 400+ score is gettable. chasing even 150 won't be easy with 2 down.

Antora
January 26, 2010, 06:27 AM
we were 111-1
then 222-2
Inshallah Ash will take us to 333-3 ;) ;) ;)
ye I can dream! =D

Naimul_Hd
January 26, 2010, 06:28 AM
we are forgetting that the real BD batting is still to come -- riyad, mushy and shakib. if they can see off the first hour 400+ score is gettable. chasing even 150 won't be easy with 2 down.

and we are forgetting tht when our TOP order plays well, our MIDDLE order doesnt play well. so we cant be complacent now...still a long way to go.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 06:30 AM
we were 111-1
then 222-2
inshallah ash will take us to 333-3 ;) ;) ;)
ye i can dream! =d
999-9?

Naimul_Hd
January 26, 2010, 06:30 AM
we were 111-1
then 222-2
Inshallah Ash will take us to 333-3 ;) ;) ;)
ye I can dream! =D

YES WE CAN ! :saint:

Rosgulla
January 26, 2010, 06:31 AM
tomorrow morning bangladesh need to survive 1 and a half hours , zaks is bowling well and ishant is doing ok . both spinners are proving useless . when the skipper has to turn to a part timer like sehwag then its obvious that India are playing with only 2 effective bowlers . with 3 players injured this is bangladeshs best chance

Antora
January 26, 2010, 06:34 AM
999-9?

HELL YEAH ;)
although, we should declare before that:-p

I am so excited about Tomorrow :D
We have Ash ( well I dunno if we can reply on him?)
the Rakib
Shakib
Riyad
Mushy!!!
:D
Ajkey raatey amar bhalo ghum hobey!

BD-Shardul
January 26, 2010, 06:37 AM
Third day was an Australian story except the last quarter of hour was a Bangladeshi story.

Hope we begin in Australian way tomorrow and continue like that until the the last ball of the day.

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 06:51 AM
need a hundred from SHAKIB , he hasn't score in this series

zainab
January 26, 2010, 06:53 AM
tomorrow morning bangladesh need to survive 1 and a half hours , zaks is bowling well and ishant is doing ok . both spinners are proving useless . when the skipper has to turn to a part timer like sehwag then its obvious that India are playing with only 2 effective bowlers . with 3 players injured this is bangladeshs best chance

Dont worry, they will survive, maybe the whole day. India has to bat again, there is no innings defeat looming anymore. If India wins, it will be by runs.

Unsure about Ash, he probably will try to stay at the wicket for a while, but there is batting from Riyad, Mushy and Sakib who should score well now.

beshideshi
January 26, 2010, 06:55 AM
I would like to point at a rather serious issue we have. All of our batsmen are extremely vulnerable as soon as they reach a landmark. The risk areas being 50-60, 100-115, 150-160. http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_innings.html?class=1;id=25;type=team {test} http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_innings.html?class=2;id=25;type=team {ODI}
have a look , and see how often our batsmen gets out after reaching the landmark. I say this is due to a sense of satisfaction, which creates a lapse and hence resulting in the wicket. This is quite a serious issue, no disrespect intended towards TIK, but just imagine how different things would have been with TIK still in.

We saw a similar trend with Bulbul/rokon generation when they used to get out after getting 30-40, a false sense of satisfaction. We have come from 30-40, to 100-115, but I still think our batsmen should really concentrate hard in that particular period

capslock
January 26, 2010, 06:58 AM
I would like to point at a rather serious issue we have. All of our batsmen are extremely vulnerable as soon as they reach a landmark. The risk areas being 50-60, 100-115, 150-160. http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_innings.html?class=1;id=25;type=team {test} http://stats.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/records/batting/most_runs_innings.html?class=2;id=25;type=team {ODI}
have a look , and see how often our batsmen gets out after reaching the landmark. I say this is due to a sense of satisfaction, which creates a lapse and hence resulting in the wicket. This is quite a serious issue, no disrespect intended towards TIK, but just imagine how different things would have been with TIK still in.

We saw a similar trend with Bulbul/rokon generation when they used to get out after getting 30-40, a false sense of satisfaction. We have come from 30-40, to 100-115, but I still think our batsmen should really concentrate hard in that particular period

To be fair to Tamim he got a marattok ball from Zaheer. That's been the case for him throughout the series, I think 3 of his 4 dismissals were to good deliveries.

Roni_uk
January 26, 2010, 07:00 AM
guys guys.. stop dreaming. Here is a realistic scenario of the match...

Day 4 - Ash, Mushi, Riyad & Shakib will score 150 to 180 odd runs between them, giving us a lead of say 100 max. India will crusie to victory with that in no time. Series will be won by tomorrow, thanks to our disasterous first innings but at least we will avoid innings defeat coming from no where, thanks to Tamim & Junaid.

beshideshi
January 26, 2010, 07:02 AM
To be fair to Tamim he got a marattok ball from Zaheer. That's been the case for him throughout the series, I think 3 of his 4 dismissals were to good deliveries.

I am not talking about tamim, he was the victim of some world class bowling. But I am talking about BD batters in general. You saw how Mushy threw away his wicket as soon as he reached his century. Look at Sehwag, he made 150 out of his last 9-10 100s.

Neel Here
January 26, 2010, 07:07 AM

good post. I remember sunny used to say that after you each a milestone, you celebrate, raise your bat, acknowledge the fans etc.
once all that is done, take a deep breath, mark your guard again, think you are on zero and start batting accordingly.

Rosgulla
January 26, 2010, 07:21 AM
Dont worry, they will survive, maybe the whole day. India has to bat again, there is no innings defeat looming anymore. If India wins, it will be by runs.

Unsure about Ash, he probably will try to stay at the wicket for a while, but there is batting from Riyad, Mushy and Sakib who should score well now.bro, 83 runs are 83 runs, stranger things have happened in test cricket . sides have been bowled out for 45 runs . remember that bangladesh still has to score the deficit before thinking about a lead

magic boy
January 26, 2010, 07:23 AM
No wicket before lunch. that's it:timeout:

BANFAN
January 26, 2010, 07:25 AM
gavaskar is a good commentator

My one of the favourites...

BANFAN
January 26, 2010, 07:39 AM
Atleast 1 more good humdred and two fifties.... most importantly, we need to bat the whole day tomorrow, if possible upto lunch of day after.

Naimul_Hd
January 26, 2010, 07:43 AM
Atleast 1 more good humdred and two fifties.... most importantly, we need to bat the whole day tomorrow, if possible upto lunch of day after.

thts a big task u r demanding ! BD had a good day today, so it will be opposite tomorrow for sure (sarcastic) :timeout:

Miraz
January 26, 2010, 07:48 AM
There is no demon on the pitch. If our basmen want to stay, I don't think they will find it much difficult. I don't know whether they have the patience and desire to stay. It's still an excellent batting wicket. Except Zaheer, none of the Indian bowlers looked threatening.

zainab
January 26, 2010, 07:54 AM
Only 83 runs to avoid innings defeat. Come on BD, you can do it. If you do this and get a lead over India, you have done much better than SRI Lanka against India, they lost both test matches very badly. This is a much better showing than in 2007.

socrates
January 26, 2010, 08:00 AM
I am surprised that a few Bangladeshi fans are still pessimistic about their chances.I think that Bangladesh is in a good position.Their top order has made runs for a change,but their real muscle comes from the lower middle order.I am expecting that they will set a target above 200 if not more.With only 5 batsmen,India will be under pressure if they lose early wickets.An interesting 4th day lies ahead.

zainab
January 26, 2010, 08:06 AM
time to get 50 and make record

Siddons golden boy has done well with his glove work, he is a hard working guy, think about how tired he must be to keep wicket for such a long time. No one has sympathy for him on this forum. I guess I am the only one, of course, he is my favourite little guy.:big_hug:

Ashfaq
January 26, 2010, 08:09 AM
I am surprised that a few Bangladeshi fans are still pessimistic about their chances.I think that Bangladesh is in a good position.Their top order has made runs for a change,but their real muscle comes from the lower middle order.I am expecting that they will set a target above 200 if not more.With only 5 batsmen,India will be under pressure if they lose early wickets.An interesting 4th day lies ahead.

[বাংলা] ঘর পোড়া গরু সিঁদূরে মেঘ দেখলে ডরায়।[/বাংলা]

TR. We are too scarred to hope.

zainab
January 26, 2010, 08:10 AM

Tough for BD to remain at the wicket for a whole day, unless Mushy and Riyad try their best. Dont depend on Ash and Sakib.
India will win, but BD will avoid an innings defeat.

beshideshi
January 26, 2010, 08:12 AM

Well there are reasons to be pessimistic[or realistic as I say] It is almost certain that Bangladesh would be able to avoid innings defeat. But I think that would be it. In order to have a lead of 200, our batters need to score in excess of 500, which is highly unlikely.
But then again, its Bangladesh, who would have expected BD to be talking about a challenge after day 3? Ravi shastri was convinced that India would leave BD on the 5th day. This is a great comeback and another century, or 2 50s, and Bangladesh could be in a comfortable position. It's cricket, anything's possible
the betting rate for an Indian win is still 1.2:1. and 17:1 for Bangladesh, tells you all you need to know.

Neel Here
January 26, 2010, 08:31 AM
Siddons golden boy has done well with his glove work, he is a hard working guy, think about how tired he must be to keep wicket for such a long time. No one has sympathy for him on this forum. I guess I am the only one, of course, he is my favourite little guy.:big_hug:

school boy. :-D

magic boy
January 26, 2010, 08:45 AM
kalke shei puran story!? all out before lunch (hell no)

Morpheous
January 26, 2010, 08:51 AM
Well there are reasons to be pessimistic[or realistic as I say] It is almost certain that Bangladesh would be able to avoid innings defeat. But I think that would be it. In order to have a lead of 200, our batters need to score in excess of 500, which is highly unlikely.
But then again, its Bangladesh, who would have expected BD to be talking about a challenge after day 3? Ravi shastri was convinced that India would leave BD on the 5th day. This is a great comeback and another century, or 2 50s, and Bangladesh could be in a comfortable position. It's cricket, anything's possible
the betting rate for an Indian win is still 1.2:1. and 17:1 for Bangladesh, tells you all you need to know.

I agree with u all the way- I remember Jan 2008 BD-NZ Series. Tamim and Junaid fought and put 148/0. Next day BD was all out by 254. I hope nothing happens like this. ASH need to prove his point to the Team. If he cant score atleast a 50 he should be dropped for a long period of time

nannu
January 26, 2010, 09:19 AM
how bad is the injury case of harbhajan and tendulkar? will they bat?

nannu
January 26, 2010, 09:34 AM
highlights anyone?

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 26, 2010, 09:55 AM
The pitch has nothing in it. I think if a batsman doesn't make mistake he can stay longer...

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2010, 10:03 AM
He may be a good bowler but he has no class. Beginning of the game when Z was in his 20's he once hit Zaheer uppishly but firmly. Zaheer could only put a hand on it and in the process got a sting. That hot head immidiately went after Z and said something and then the next ball was borderline beamer since Z was tall it him on the thighs.

:mad:

BRady
January 26, 2010, 10:09 AM

I till want Bhaman Ghosh in place of Musfiq

nahaz
January 26, 2010, 10:26 AM
Biatches, listen, this should be the rest of the batting order:

(1. Tamim 2. Imrul 3. Zunaed 4.Shahadat 5.Ashraful)

6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Sakib Al-Hasan
9. Rokibul Hasan
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Hossain

Rahim and Riyad are in form, and there is every chance they will perform again. Since Shahadat is already at the crease, it is very important for those two to bat higherup the order. Rakib is a good accumulator , apparently, so would also be ok down the order. But he has not scored much so far, so him being there is not a big sacrifice...

magic boy
January 26, 2010, 10:34 AM

6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Sakib Al-Hasan
9. Rokibul Hasan
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Hossain

Rahim and Riyad are in form, and there is every chance they will perform again. Since Shahadat is already at the crease, it is very important for those two to bat higherup the order. Rakib is a good accumulator , apparently, so would also be ok down the order. But he has not scored much so far, so him being there is not a big sacrifice...

what's the excuse for Ashu? :ticking:

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
I till want Bhaman Ghosh in place of Musfiq

MUSFIQUR is better than ghosh

jawaherul
January 26, 2010, 10:37 AM
I hope Ishant steps into the danger area of the pitch once more tomorrow morning (and thus stays away from the attack). My biggest two worries now are .. 1. the morning burst of zaheer and ishant in addition to the facts that the long history of bd loosing quick wickets in the morning after a good day of batting, that the two batsmen in the crease are a tail-ender and an ashraful and that the bowl is reversing. 2. the new ball which is due right before or just after the lunch.

We need at least two centuries and possibly one more 50+ innings to even thinking of a chance in this match ( At any situation, I cannot but think of wining ). We have still ashraful, sakib, mushfiq and mahmudullah to do it (rakib is not looking too promising for me to score even a 30+). but, you know ash is ash, you can say nothing about him. sakib, I feel will play well, this time he will use his cool brain a bit. mushy and mah each already had a good series and a good run of form, I am hoping they continue their form tomorrow and tomorrow is not the day for them to fail.

anyway, already an exciting stuff. a 200+ run lead would be handy. ideally i would love to have a 250+ lead so that we have the security deposit of the shewag's quick fire 50 befor ethe entrance of sakib in the scene with the bowl; but after a first inning deficit of 300+, i guess it is too much to ask even a 200+ lead. however, if we can somehow post a 200+ lead, the match would be interesting, remember dravid is already out. yuvraj even if he plays will probably not overcome his bad form. i don't know about sachin, how bad is his injury. sachin also doesn't hold a very good record of scoring bulk of runs in the second innings when he already scored a ton in the first. but gamvir and dhoni are real worries; they both can take the match even single-handedly. also murali vijay is not bad in technique and in form....

okk, let's see.

personally, I am reasonably happy with the bangladesh performance throughout the series.

Imtiazk
January 26, 2010, 10:39 AM
Really? I would ideally like to have him score a century.

Yes. But I live on Earth.

dark mage
January 26, 2010, 10:40 AM

Yep! I agree, Mushfiq has always been the better batsman and now his keeping seems to have improved alot too and will continue to improve. I see no reason for Dhiman to be brought back. Mushfiq IS the golden boy for us.

About tomorrow, the first thing I want to see is, get rid of those 83 runs by which we are still trailing without losing any wickets. But TBH, with a tailender and a walking wicket out in the middle I dont expect much but once we have resolved the deficit, only then can we think of taking a lead. For that Shaqib has to play well. I dont care about centuries, I will even be happy with innings like Junaed, i.e, stay in the wicket even if it gets difficult, play out the overs, chip away at the 4 th day little by little, and the runs will come if you hang in there as showed by Junaed's determination. What worries me is, Zaheek Khan's bowling, the way he is reversing the ball, its gonna be very hard to play him safely, I say, how we will do tomorrow depends mainly on how well we take care of Zaheer.

ahms
January 26, 2010, 11:01 AM
I hope Ishant steps into the danger area of the pitch once more tomorrow morning (and thus stays away from the attack). My biggest two worries now are .. 1. the morning burst of zaheer and ishant in addition to the facts that the long history of bd loosing quick wickets in the morning after a good day of batting, that the two batsmen in the crease are a tail-ender and an ashraful and that the bowl is reversing. 2. the new ball which is due right before or just after the lunch.

We need at least two centuries and possibly one more 50+ innings to even thinking of a chance in this match ( At any situation, I cannot but think of wining ). We have still ashraful, sakib, mushfiq and mahmudullah to do it (rakib is not looking too promising for me to score even a 30+). but, you know ash is ash, you can say nothing about him. sakib, I feel will play well, this time he will use his cool brain a bit. mushy and mah each already had a good series and a good run of form, I am hoping they continue their form tomorrow and tomorrow is not the day for them to fail.

anyway, already an exciting stuff. a 200+ run lead would be handy. ideally i would love to have a 250+ lead so that we have the security deposit of the shewag's quick fire 50 befor ethe entrance of sakib in the scene with the bowl; but after a first inning deficit of 300+, i guess it is too much to ask even a 200+ lead. however, if we can somehow post a 200+ lead, the match would be interesting, remember dravid is already out. yuvraj even if he plays will probably not overcome his bad form. i don't know about sachin, how bad is his injury. sachin also doesn't hold a very good record of scoring bulk of runs in the second innings when he already scored a ton in the first. but gamvir and dhoni are real worries; they both can take the match even single-handedly. also murali vijay is not bad in technique and in form....

okk, let's see.

personally, I am reasonably happy with the bangladesh performance throughout the series.

Now, situation gives us new hope in this match. I ask you all to stay put. Last time we were set to 500+ run to win by Srilanka and we managed 400+ with Ash scoring 100+.
Lets hope and pray that rest of the batsman perform well. Intention of Ash-Shahadat should be occupying the crease untill after lunch, after lunch time is very good time to bat on. If we can extend the match till 5th day morning and extend the lead to 300+, there is a possibility we can win. Then, we must score 600+ run. So, it is a bit long way before we can dream of wining this match.

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
four more sessions if we want to survive. Else we should be happy that Ind had to bat twice and we didn't lose by an innings.

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2010, 11:04 AM
Now, situation gives us new hope in this match. I ask you all to stay put. last time we were set to 500+ run to win and we managed 400+ with Ash scoring 100+. Hope BD jittery in the middle. Hope and pray that rest of the batsman perform well. Intention should be occupying the crease untill after lunch, that is very good period to bat. If we can extend the match till 5th day morning and lead to 300+, there is a possibility we can win "DRAW". That we must score 600+ run. We have long way to go before we can dream of wining this match.
How do think we would get 8 wickets in two+ sessions?

cricman
January 26, 2010, 11:13 AM
I have a bad feeling with the ball reversing

revolver
January 26, 2010, 11:24 AM
come on boys....stay in the crease..dont go out early on plz

meazz1
January 26, 2010, 11:28 AM
I will take Mushy any given day over Dhamin.
One of the hardest working player in the BD side.
Improvement will come with time.

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 11:30 AM
For those who missed Day 3(TIK's 100)

http://cricket-online.tv/india-vs-bangladesh-day-3-highlights-2nd-test-mirpur/

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 11:30 AM
I don't know why some ppl consider Dhiman for NT team:sick:

he sux in batting.....yes he sux!!!

revolver
January 26, 2010, 11:35 AM
For those who missed Day 3(TIK's 100)

http://cricket-online.tv/india-vs-bangladesh-day-3-highlights-2nd-test-mirpur/

tnx mate

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 11:47 AM
I don't know why some ppl consider Dhiman for NT team:sick:

he sux in batting.....yes he sux!!!

yes and Mushfiqur is much better than Dhiman :-D

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 11:49 AM
tomorrow I want to see a 100 from one of those : Shakib, Mush, Ryad...................ash

Rosgulla
January 26, 2010, 12:35 PM
He may be a good bowler but he has no class. Beginning of the game when Z was in his 20's he once hit Zaheer uppishly but firmly. Zaheer could only put a hand on it and in the process got a sting. That hot head immidiately went after Z and said something and then the next ball was borderline beamer since Z was tall it him on the thighs.

:mad:

a beamer hit him in the thigh !! how tall is this guy :lol:

bangla-red
January 26, 2010, 12:44 PM
OK, our two nightwatchmen are in, hopefully they add a few, but more importantly, eat up some overs and see out Zaheer.

Tamim is a beast.

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 12:48 PM
great stuff

Ajfar
January 26, 2010, 12:49 PM
I think tamim and Zunaed work pretty well together as partners. They still have some serious issues that need to be figured out, but there's definitely something between them. If you guys look at the highest partnership by BD batsman in test circket, Tamim and Zunaed are up there 3 times.

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 12:49 PM
OK, our two nightwatchmen are in, hopefully they add a few, but more importantly, eat up some overs and see out Zaheer.

Tamim is a beast.
:lol:

bangla-red
January 26, 2010, 12:51 PM
What's so funny about it? They're protecting Mushy and Riyad ;)

crikfreak
January 26, 2010, 01:08 PM
at the end of the day... i guees everything's alright..... tamim n zunaed were fantastic... hats off to tamim.... n we're 3 wkts down... so... lets see wat hppns 2moro....

aniksh1
January 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
have put score 400 more runs....for that we need one more century and a fifty...with fight from the tail....

Tigers_eye
January 26, 2010, 01:43 PM
a beamer hit him in the thigh !! how tall is this guy :lol:
borderline :)

Anyways I think he is 6'1". If this was Mushi or Ash, the ball would have hit them in their chest. :)

capslock
January 26, 2010, 02:05 PM
Yes. But I live on Earth.

You said 'ideally' buddy, it was on this earth that Gillespie scored a double-century against us.

aklemalp
January 26, 2010, 02:15 PM
i hope for all the best for the tigers ,i think a hundred is needed by shakib who is the captain ,definately a captain's innings is needed,hope ash gets one also,but most importantly is batting out the whole day 4 and part of day 5 and then get the indians to play for a win with a 250+ total,something like a 50 over match,imagine it 5th day wicket and we have spinners in or side one of them is a top quality sla ,and the other is a off spinner,shakib the ball is in your ,just enjoy the cricket,and have the mindset of the zimbabwe series last year,determination is all that counts,tamim has already done his work ,it's time for you guys now,all the best

rafiq
January 26, 2010, 02:21 PM
hate to rain on the parade but bangladesh may have to put in their best performance ever to even draw this match with two days left. to me a realistic scenario is a small lead of 100-150 which india chases down morning of the fifth. to get to a 250+ lead means several more players have to step up at the same time. looks pretty unlikely but hey will be great if they can do it.

amar11432
January 26, 2010, 02:30 PM
All I need is for Ash, Shakib, Mushy and Riyad to all score a century each. Then I will be happy. lol

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 02:44 PM
I will be happy if one of those 4 scores
a 100
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

wiseshah
January 26, 2010, 02:46 PM
That's never gonna happen. If we bat our best we can give them 110 target and than lose by 10 wkt

Nocturnal
January 26, 2010, 02:54 PM
lets go tigers! yes we can!

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 03:24 PM
That's never gonna happen. If we bat our best we can give them 110 target and than lose by 10 wkt

Shakib will score at least 50 mark my words :-D

dolcevita
January 26, 2010, 03:26 PM
What's so funny about it? They're protecting Mushy and Riyad ;)

you write " TWO nightwatchmen "........ASrafool is not a nightwatchmen:D

IanW
January 26, 2010, 03:33 PM
How do think we would get 8 wickets in two+ sessions?

Couple of unplayable balls, couple of balls that keep low, couple of good catches, a misreading of the line or two and possibly a runout ?

In other words, same ways we always do.

If Bangladesh keep not losing wickets for half an hour at a time, we can go into day 5 with some sort of total. A little throwing the bat and it's a defensible total.

Then we see how good India are.

They might be good enough to chase 300 in 2 and a bit sessions - this is one of the great batting sides.

On the other hand, we play this game to find these things out.

But the key is not losing a wicket in as many half-hour mini-sessions as possible.

Ian Whitchurch

zainab
January 26, 2010, 03:39 PM

Mushy is going nowhere. The National team is not the same without him. If he is no longer in the team, I will not watch BD play anymore.

SS
January 26, 2010, 03:41 PM
Couple of unplayable balls, couple of balls that keep low, couple of good catches, a misreading of the line or two and possibly a runout ?

In other words, same ways we always do.

If Bangladesh keep not losing wickets for half an hour at a time, we can go into day 5 with some sort of total. A little throwing the bat and it's a defensible total.

Then we see how good India are.

They might be good enough to chase 300 in 2 and a bit sessions - this is one of the great batting sides.

On the other hand, we play this game to find these things out.

But the key is not losing a wicket in as many half-hour mini-sessions as possible.

Ian Whitchurch

Thanks being so optimistic about our team Ian...I hope your wish and all our deprived wishes come true one day...

But for our first innings mistakes and later part loosing two quick wickets end of the day still demonstrate that our batsmen just can't control their temptations...I think the match will be decided by today....the rest of the batsmen are not glamorous but if they can survive and play the best innings of their lives then may be it can move to 5th day....Tamim and Junaid departures at the end of yesterday just take away all the optimism...

zainab
January 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
I hope that Raqibul plays the role of the rock now, regardless of how many runs he scores. I hope one day he becomes like a Dravid who is known as the Wall.

SS
January 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
What can be the outcome today....Can Ashraful play a decent innings...Can Shakib prove us that captainship matters at this crucial time..Can Rahim, Mahmudullah play innings of their lives so that in Mirpur the test will be remembered in many years.....

Russell2k7
January 26, 2010, 03:44 PM
I hope that Raqibul plays the role of the rock now, regardless of how many runs he scores. I hope one day he becomes like a Dravid who is known as the Wall.
He will be nowhere near Dravid not even if he gets 9 lives.

SS
January 26, 2010, 03:49 PM
If Tamim would have stayed little more...we could have something to cherish about...I am not sure how far we will go but I have a feeling the IND pace trio will attack on our batsmen and try to intimidate us.

BD-Shardul
January 26, 2010, 03:59 PM
What can be the outcome today....Can Ashraful play a decent innings...Can Shakib prove us that captainship matters at this crucial time..Can Rahim, Mahmudullah play innings of their lives so that in Mirpur the test will be remembered in many years.....

Ahaaaaa.....SS bhai optimistic E-) ?

nannu
January 26, 2010, 04:21 PM

6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Sakib Al-Hasan
9. Rokibul Hasan
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Hossain

funny, u r assuming that ash will be out before shahadat. and damn.... u maybe ryt.

bangla-red
January 26, 2010, 04:26 PM

Why doesn't anyone understand my jokes? :mad:

capslock
January 26, 2010, 05:12 PM

Raquibul IS a wall, matir wall.

BD-Shardul
January 26, 2010, 05:20 PM

Not mati, he is wall made of sand.

wiseshah
January 26, 2010, 05:53 PM
I think mushfiq is the source of energy of bd team, non stop shouting and annoying Opposition batsman.

Last wc, one carribean old lady used to wear custom made mushfiq t shirt. I asked her, what u like abt him,
she said. He is so cute and make me laugh all the time when I see him plus he played well against india

Omio
January 26, 2010, 06:05 PM
mome er wall re vai ;)

nsuRocks
January 26, 2010, 06:08 PM
i agree the highest position Raqibal deserves is number 9......u need technique, skills and temperment 2 play test cricket. what does he have? Temperment dhue pani khawa jabe na jodi na u know how to defend a short of length ball.....(he gets out trying to defend!Lol!)

Yep and since Mahmudullah has shown his potential in the department of form and temperment he needs to bat higher...at least 4 this match. Mushfique er skill ba technique nye prob nai...but he still needs to bat low at 7-8.

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 06:20 PM
I think mushfiq is the source of energy of bd team, non stop shouting and annoying Opposition batsman.

Last wc, one carribean old lady used to wear custom made mushfiq t shirt. I asked her, what u like abt him,
she said. He is so cute and make me laugh all the time when I see him plus he played well against india

was that a compliment??? :lol:

wiseshah
January 26, 2010, 06:23 PM
I guess, unconditional love--she likes everything that mushfiq does

it's kinda borderline personality disorder using splitting as defense mechanism

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 07:22 PM
Ash has to perform today if we want to post a decent total for them to chase.
He needs to make a century and Shahadat needs to play like Amit Mishra and get a 50 today

Gowza
January 26, 2010, 07:37 PM
they should move mushy and riyad up the order, especially if shahadat and ash manage to hammer out any sort of decent partnership. moving mushy and riyad up the order at this time should give them a confidence boost which can only help BD's chances in this match.

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 07:45 PM
Even if we lose, we have to post a decent total for them to chase. I don't to make the Indians sweat and earn their wickets earn the runs

nannu
January 26, 2010, 08:12 PM
কাইল আশরাফুল সেন্চুরি মারবো।

আমি বাজি ধরলাম ১0 টা বেনসনের। কেডা কেডা বাজি ধরবেন হাত তুলেন।

সাকিব মুশফিক রিয়াদ এরা সব হাফ সেন্চুরি, পু.....রা গেরান্টি।
৩০০ + লিড তো একদম চোখ বুউনজা।

৫ম দিনের বাজি কাইল ঘুম থেইক্কা উইডা কমুনে, অহন পেচাল বন্ধ করেন, ঘুমাইতে দেন .... জসিলা সপ্ন দেখতাসি, আশরাফুল মারল আরেকটা পেডেল সুইপ ।

kalpurush
January 26, 2010, 08:16 PM
Ash has to perform today if we want to post a decent total for them to chase.
He needs to make a century and Shahadat needs to play like Amit Mishra and get a 50 today
Is that mean ASh is Tendu and Shahadat is Mishra? I think they are better than that...!

kalpurush
January 26, 2010, 08:19 PM

৫ম দিনের বাজি কাইল ঘুম থেইক্কা উইডা কমুনে, অহন পেচাল বন্ধ করেন, ঘুমাইতে দেন .... জসিলা সপ্ন দেখতাসি, আশরাফুল মারল আরেকটা পেডেল সুইপ ।
Nannu bhai chalaiya jan! Kuyab amio dekhberlagchhi...!;)

beshideshi
Here is an interesting fact. Out of our top 6 test partnerships, Tamim-Zunaed pair holds 3 of them.
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/fow/highest_partnerships_for_any_wicket.html?class=1;i d=25;type=team

We have seen these two bat really well together, in NZ, in WI, in BD. And due to their chemistry and playing well together, they should open the batting.

dolcevita
Ash will score 50+ he is hungry
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

kalpurush
January 26, 2010, 08:21 PM
they should move mushy and riyad up the order, especially if shahadat and ash manage to hammer out any sort of decent partnership. moving mushy and riyad up the order at this time should give them a confidence boost which can only help BD's chances in this match.
I wouldn't make any adjustment at the last moment though. Let them play this test...:)

kalpurush
January 26, 2010, 08:22 PM
Ash will score 50+ he is hungry

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
and I though he is looking for a double ton!:doh:

The_Yorker
January 26, 2010, 08:29 PM

hahahah... you are funny mate.

Gowza
January 26, 2010, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't make any adjustment at the last moment though. Let them play this test...:)

they'd just be batting one spot higher, not much of an adjustment for mushy and riyad, more of an adjustment for shakib and raqibul. but even though 2 wickets fell at the end of the day BD still holds some momentum and riyad and mushy are the best chance BD have of making another big partneship which is needed if BD want any chance in this match (whether it be to draw or win).

zainab
January 26, 2010, 08:45 PM

So cute! He was a big hit in the WI. Everyone liked this little baby faced WK.
BTW, no one mentioned the following=

On a day when everybody was savouring the century of Tamim and his record partnership with Junaed, Mushfique also had a record for him to cherish.
With the stumping of Dhoni, he became the first Bangladeshi wicketkeeper to have five dismissals in an innings. His predecessor Khaled Mashud had four dismissals in an innings five times, but never did he manage to dismiss five batsmen.

Mushy is becoming better. That was a brilliant stumping of Dhoni, he was so quick.

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 08:49 PM
Mushy is becoming better. That was a brilliant stumping of Dhoni, he was so quick.
wasn't anything extraordinary!

nycpro96
January 26, 2010, 08:54 PM

yes it was. he got him in a flash

zainab
January 26, 2010, 08:59 PM

Well, what you call extraordinary? Seems that you are biased against Mushy, so even if he performs well, it will just be ordinary.

Antora
January 26, 2010, 09:02 PM
Shahdat is going to get a 50 today! :D
( mark my words =P )

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 09:03 PM

[বাংলা]আমি স্বপ্ন দেখছি আশরাফুল রিভার্স স্কুপ মারছে মিডল স্টাম্প আর অফ্‌ স্টাম্পের মাঝে দিয়া। [/বাংলা]

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 09:04 PM
shahdat is going to get a 50 today! :d
( mark my words =p )
[বাংলা]এখানে সবাই এত মার্কামার্কি করে কেন?[/বাংলা]

Murad
January 26, 2010, 09:06 PM

yeah. ajkal shobai dekhi shudhu markamarki kore.. I think you guys should ban this "mark my word" type of comments.

Antora
January 26, 2010, 09:07 PM

LOL! Shobai korchilo tai amaro iccha holo mark korar:-p

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 09:07 PM
Well, what you call extraordinary? Seems that you are biased against Mushy, so even if he performs well, it will just be ordinary.
it was brilliant stumping by Mushy, also the one in first test of Laxman.
( mark my words =P )

http://www.9-5-careers-no-more.com/image-files/1131445_red_check_sign_in_3d.jpg Marked

billah
January 26, 2010, 09:08 PM
( mark my words =P )

[বাংলা]নানাবাড়ীর কাছের হাসপাতালে জায়গা খালি আছে তো?:lol:[/বাংলা]

billah
January 26, 2010, 09:11 PM
BTW, Mushfiq made a national record yesterday, five dismissal in an innings. First for BD WK. Pilot had 4. Someone open a thread.

Antora
January 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
[বাংলা]নানাবাড়ীর কাছের হাসপাতালে জায়গা খালি আছে তো?:lol:[/বাংলা]

You seriously have no idea how many people say that to me! Don't worry ami okhaney VIP ( very important Pagol):-p

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
BTW, Mushfiq made a national record yesterday, five dismissal in an innings. First for BD WK. Pilot had 4. Someone open a thread.

lol.. :lol: wait for nadim to see this he will gladly accept ur request.

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 09:14 PM
Oh, I thought Pilot already had that feat. Somebody, anybody, taratari thread khulen! Mushfiqur Rahim kintu amar nijer chele! Taake kintu nijer haate wicket keeping shikhiyechi amader graamer barir uthane!

billah
January 26, 2010, 09:16 PM
You seriously have no idea how many people say that to me! Don't worry ami okhaney VIP ( very important Pagol):-p

I kinda' have some idea. [বাংলা]দাদাবাড়ী কাছেই তো...[/বাংলা]

Murad
January 26, 2010, 09:16 PM
Oh, I thought Pilot already had that feat. Somebody, anybody, taratari thread khulen! Mushfiqur Rahim kintu amar nijer chele! Taake kintu nijer haate wicket keeping shikhiyechi amader graamer barir uthane!

apnar cheleke giye ektu jigan to..or golai ki hoise...edaning dekhi temon chillai na... or chillani na shunle mojha lagena temon..

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 09:18 PM
apnar cheleke giye ektu jigan to..or golai ki hoise...edaning dekhi temon chillai na... or chillani na shunle mojha lagena temon..
Daran, er por bari firley shalar khawa bondho koira dite hobe. Maather moddhe chechamechi korbo na - faizlami paiche naki?

billah
January 26, 2010, 09:23 PM
oh, i thought pilot already had that feat. Somebody, anybody, taratari thread khulen! Mushfiqur rahim kintu amar nijer chele! Taake kintu nijer haate wicket keeping shikhiyechi amader graamer barir uthane!

[বাংলা]তুঁয়ার বাড়ী ছাঁটগাঁ, ইজ্ঞার বাড়ী বগুড়া। তুই কেন্ন করি ইঁয়ারে শিখাইলি আঁরে ফরিস্কার করি ক ছাই। (আঁই নখালির বাসা খিচু খিচু বইলত ফারি, ছাটগাঁর খতা বইলত ফারি না)[/বাংলা]

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2010, 09:28 PM
[বাংলা]তুঁয়ার বাড়ী ছাঁটগাঁ, ইজ্ঞার বাড়ী বগুড়া। তুই কেন্ন করি ইঁয়ারে শিখাইলি আঁরে ফরিস্কার করি ক ছাই। (আঁই নখালির বাসা খিচু খিচু বইলত ফারি, ছাটগাঁর খতা বইলত ফারি না)[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]বাপের বাড়ি গাইবান্ধা, ক্লোজ এনাফ্‌ টু বোগরা নো?

নাও এ কুইজ ফর ইউ - হোয়াট ডাজ্‌ দুরুজ কুড়া মীন?[/বাংলা]

meazz1
January 26, 2010, 09:34 PM
it was brilliant stumping by Mushy, also the one in first test of Laxman.

http://www.9-5-careers-no-more.com/image-files/1131445_red_check_sign_in_3d.jpg Marked

You must give credit when it due.
The stamping was breath taking.

well, some people just not man enough to admit the fact.
There is no simple stamping unless the batsman walked out and stayed out to be stamped!!

shuziburo
January 26, 2010, 09:37 PM

6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah Riyad
8. Sakib Al-Hasan
9. Rokibul Hasan
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Hossain

I think time has come to say goodbye to our "unlimited potential" Ashraful. He gave us hope with that one responsible-type inning. But, we all forgot that he has done this to us before.

I say we bring Naeem in his place.

nycpro96
January 26, 2010, 09:39 PM
Pressure's on Ash today to score. (I feel as if this isn't the first time I've said this.)

shuziburo
January 26, 2010, 09:41 PM

We have made a lot of progress, sure. A year ago, we lose this match by an inning and 150.

Can we imagine if we held on to the first catch offered by Shachin in each test? We might be looking to go up 2-0 in this series right now. We have badly regressed in one area. Fielding.

shuziburo
January 26, 2010, 09:46 PM
Yep! I agree, Mushfiq has always been the better batsman and now his keeping seems to have improved alot too and will continue to improve. I see no reason for Dhiman to be brought back. Mushfiq IS the golden boy for us.

About tomorrow, the first thing I want to see is, get rid of those 83 runs by which we are still trailing without losing any wickets. But TBH, with a tailender and a walking wicket out in the middle I dont expect much but once we have resolved the deficit, only then can we think of taking a lead. For that Shaqib has to play well. I dont care about centuries, I will even be happy with innings like Junaed, i.e, stay in the wicket even if it gets difficult, play out the overs, chip away at the 4 th day little by little, and the runs will come if you hang in there as showed by Junaed's determination. What worries me is, Zaheek Khan's bowling, the way he is reversing the ball, its gonna be very hard to play him safely, I say, how we will do tomorrow depends mainly on how well we take care of Zaheer.

[বাংলা]মাইরের বড় ওষুধ নাই।[/বাংলা] But, with Tamim gone, I don't want our boys to be needlessly attacking. We need each batsman to play a patient inning. Their goal should be to survive at least 60 deliveries, regardless of runs...

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 09:49 PM
Ok, I am ready for some action.

meazz1
January 26, 2010, 09:51 PM
we need to spend some time in the crease rather than focusing on scoring alone.
If we can spend some time in the middle, run will come eventually.

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 09:54 PM
btw guysi had the most weirdest dream last night. In my dream i woke up and the sun rose from the west. I was like OMG ITS QYAMAT DAY!! So i ran up stairs and told my parents. So we were doing wudhu and doing fajr and geting ready for qyamat.... I didnt get what the dream was exactly about until i checked the scored board after school. (btw i did Isha last night and wished that BD does really good with the Bat)

One World
January 26, 2010, 09:59 PM
Arey ki khobor bhaiera, amar to mone hoy we will post our highest second innings total tonight. My prayers for Ash and Shakib, MUllah and Mushfik.

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 10:05 PM
before the game start here is some lul
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0TBxntgqkuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0TBxntgqkuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 10:12 PM
Bismillah. Hoping for the good.

Allha Mlaik!

nycpro96
January 26, 2010, 10:17 PM
Arey ki khobor bhaiera, amar to mone hoy we will post our highest second innings total tonight. My prayers for Ash and Shakib, MUllah and Mushfik.

Rajib is gonna show all of these guys how to hold a bat :D

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 10:20 PM
Rajib is gonna show all of these guys how to hold a bat :D

Yeah. his technique looked much better then Imrul's or SN'ss

DawnPatrol
January 26, 2010, 10:21 PM
How long to go, gents?

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 10:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAWqdTUfInE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAWqdTUfInE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

enjoy the video guys
tell me if u like it

tonoy
January 26, 2010, 10:23 PM
How long to go, gents?

in about 7 minutes.

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 10:23 PM
is there a record for highest second innings score?

nsd3
January 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
Spend one session at a time and plan accordingly. If the wicket is behaving abnormally edit the plan by each hour, if possible. As Tamim said bat according to the situation, play naturally as long as the pitch is behaving properly. Attack bowlers according to their merits with the ball.

PoorFan
Hope Shahadat scores 30+ and Ash 50+, that will definitely make Idina to bat again for a while.

BagherBacha
Bismillah, Rajib please please dont get out before lunch :)

rashed411
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAWqdTUfInE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mAWqdTUfInE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

enjoy the video guys
tell me if u like it

this never fooled me lol...

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 10:25 PM
i like Athar Alis Aviator Shades.

BagherBacha
January 26, 2010, 10:25 PM
surviving first hr is the key

One World
January 26, 2010, 10:26 PM
Ki hochche bhaishokol?

DawnPatrol
January 26, 2010, 10:27 PM
in about 7 minutes.

Thankee, thankee sah.

yaseer
I am having my ambitions low. Play-out the 1st session first, score 83 more runs first.
Then I will aim higher.

One World
This neo presenter speaks annnoying English.

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 10:28 PM
1 more min

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 10:29 PM
this never fooled me lol...

I almost pissed in my pants after while watching that. My 9 year old nephew started crying

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 10:30 PM
Alhamdulillah the game started.

PoorFan
If we can bat out almost all the day today, there is a TEST to be played for both team on day 5.

yaseer
Ball started reversing last evening. Hope the early due will stop it. But due can help bowlers to get conventional swing as well. Either way, 1st half an hour will be tricky. If we loose 2 wickets, again we will be back to the same "ordinary" mode. Hoping to see some resilience from our remaining batsmen.

Nadim
watch out Zak plz

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 10:31 PM

lovey from ash

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 10:32 PM
btw Tendu is back.

chol_bd123
first hour will be very scary to watch

rashed411
good shot down the ground 3 runs

shuziburo
January 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
hate to rain on the parade but bangladesh may have to put in their best performance ever to even draw this match with two days left. to me a realistic scenario is a small lead of 100-150 which india chases down morning of the fifth. to get to a 250+ lead means several more players have to step up at the same time. looks pretty unlikely but hey will be great if they can do it.

There always is a first time. Hope this is it...

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
SH looks confident:D

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 10:34 PM
wth is wrong Zaheer giving looks after every ball so irritating.

shuziburo

You're an optimist. Aren't you? :lol:

rashed411
i hope zaheer gets no wicket today that will teach him a lesson .

shuziburo
January 26, 2010, 10:35 PM

He's not? He could have fooled me the last 2-3 years...

zainab
January 26, 2010, 10:36 PM
wth is wrong Zaheer giving looks after every ball so irritating.

He tries to intimidate the batsmen, as if to tell them" how dare you hit my bowling"
Very bad attitude he has, not sportsmanlike.

Zeeshan
January 26, 2010, 10:37 PM
gesilo arektu hoilei..

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 10:38 PM
He tries to intimidate the batsmen, as if to tell them" how dare you hit my bowling"
Very bad attitude he has, not sportsmanlike.
yes ur right.. we need to let shadat deal with him.

Nadim
January 26, 2010, 10:38 PM
nedd another 77 runs

shuziburo
January 26, 2010, 10:39 PM
Here is an interesting fact. Out of our top 6 test partnerships, Tamim-Zunaed pair holds 3 of them.
http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/fow/highest_partnerships_for_any_wicket.html?class=1;i d=25;type=team

We have seen these two bat really well together, in NZ, in WI, in BD. And due to their chemistry and playing well together, they should open the batting.

I have to concur...

Nadim
shot 444

ash

AsifTheManRahman
Look at the height difference between the two batsmen.

rashed411
January 26, 2010, 10:40 PM
4 by ash

shuziburo
Ash listened to Sunny. Stopped trying to smash it and got a 4...

cricadda

Nadim
lol ATMR

Zunaid
Chaar

One World
January 26, 2010, 10:41 PM
Sunny is in all praise of Ash :four:

zainab
Bismillah, Rajib please please dont get out before lunch :)

Can someone pray that Ash does not get out too. I get a heart attack when he is batting.

rashed411
ash looks like he is having problem breathing?

cricadda
January 26, 2010, 10:43 PM
ash come on......make it sweet today....give us to chance for dance.

chol_bd123
January 26, 2010, 10:44 PM
HBK sends in the first mail of the day obsessing over Gambhir's record: "This is one match in which most Indians are backing Bangladesh to get a good lead. Unless they get a lead of atleast 200, Gambhir may not be able to get his century and equal the record of THE DON."

can this be part of India's plan

AsifTheManRahman
Leave Shahadat leave! I mean the ball!

One World
Ishant Sharma = Chanchal Chowdhury

shuziburo
Shahadat khocha marse re...kopal bhalo je laage nai...

nsd3
A Different approach to look at the current scenario:
"HBK sends in the first mail of the day obsessing over Gambhir's record: "This is one match in which most Indians are backing Bangladesh to get a good lead. Unless they get a lead of atleast 200, Gambhir may not be able to get his century and equal the record of THE DON." - Cricinfo.

zainab
January 26, 2010, 10:45 PM
Anyhow, Sakib is due for a good score here, and I am sure that Rocky, Riyad and Mushy will somehow wipe out this deficit, hoping and praying that BD does not lose this match by an innings.