PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs. India, 2nd Test, SBNS, Mirpur January 24-28, 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Miraz
January 21, 2010, 06:43 AM
Date : January 24 to Januray 28 2010

Place : Sher E Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Start time : 9:30 AM Local time, 03:30 AM GMT

Broadcasting : Neo Sports (Asia), ESPN360 (USA), Sky Sports (UK)

Weather (http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1292)

Bangladesh Squad (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind2010/content/squad/443541.html)

India Squad (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind2010/content/squad/442545.html)

BanglaCricket Coverage

Series home (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/IND_IN_BD) | bulletins (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/IND_IN_BD/bulletin.php) | news (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/IND_IN_BD/news.php) | schedule/scores (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/IND_IN_BD/schedule.php) | articles (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2010/INT/IND_IN_BD/articles.php) ...

Good Luck Bangladesh. Learn from the mistakes of the first Test and put up a better fight.

Neel Here
January 21, 2010, 06:46 AM
million $ question, how will the pitch play ?

oh, and delete the other thread.

stuge
January 21, 2010, 06:47 AM
how does it play usually ??

Naimul_Hd
January 21, 2010, 06:58 AM
if ASH plays this test match, i m not gonna watch it ! full and final !!!

and for God sake, change the batting order, Shakib should never come ahead of Mahmudullah or Mushfiq. Shakib is very tentative
against Pace bowling. Shakib should come later when pitch dries out and all the pacers get tired.

_Rafi_
January 21, 2010, 07:03 AM
Oh Miraj vai the savior. We will win this time inshallah.

_Rafi_
January 21, 2010, 07:05 AM
how does it play usually ??

slow and turning pitch.

nsd3
January 21, 2010, 07:26 AM
The pitch on which BD played against SA was slow. This match if played on that pitch it will be a low scoring one, I guess.

Nadim
January 21, 2010, 07:55 AM
Laxman is out for this match.

ahms
January 21, 2010, 07:59 AM
The pitch on which BD played against SA was slow. This match if played on that pitch it will be a low scoring one, I guess.

Lets hope Bangladesh make progress from the 1st test, and it was not just one off thing. Imrul, Nafees, Ash and Raqib are not upto their potential. But is there any alternative? We need more players in the selection pool. I prefer to groom potential U19 players instead of from old groups, that is waste of resources.

Lets hope Bangladesh play better in coming test. Give the last XI another chance to prove better. Shakib has not performed with bat in last 2 innings.

Surfer
January 21, 2010, 08:22 AM
million $ question, how will the pitch play ?

oh, and delete the other thread.

Bigger question: How many overs will be lost to bad light??

amar11432
January 21, 2010, 08:50 AM

Dhaka is way way less fogy than Chittagong. The game should start on time.

Nocturnal
January 21, 2010, 09:04 AM
Dhaka is way way less fogy than Chittagong. The game should start on time.

Today was all sunny and bright - no fog.
Cold Wave is gone for now. Weather seems pretty good.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
BD boys plzzzzzzzzzzz, reply the insult by winning this plzzzzzzzzzzz..................

fais
January 21, 2010, 10:04 AM
Line-up should be clear
Drop SN and bring in naeem or even junaid (better technique, although crap temperament)
Replace Shafiul for Robin (able to swing the ball).

Shobhon
January 21, 2010, 10:21 AM
BD boys plzzzzzzzzzzz, reply the insult by winning this plzzzzzzzzzzz..................

We need to win the next test because we need to win not to take a revenge.

BD-Shardul
January 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
Go Tigers. Make sure we play better than the first test. Although history says we always play worse in the second test of a series. Time has come to prove that history wrong.

Nadim
January 21, 2010, 10:49 AM
Agiye Jao Bangladesh!!!

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZD0MzPErz0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZD0MzPErz0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Chesta Cholbai

Tiger Manc
January 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
Oh no Dhoni and Harbhajan Singh are back

Beamer
January 21, 2010, 11:27 AM
Miraz

I just saw the squad that you put up. Is there any scope that we can bring in players from outside this announced squad? If not, then we are stuck with some players that I have no use for.

Neel Here
January 21, 2010, 11:28 AM

not many in dhaka I think.

Dhakablues
January 21, 2010, 12:19 PM
Miraz

I just saw the squad that you put up. Is there any scope that we can bring in players from outside this announced squad? If not, then we are stuck with some players that I have no use for.

As the host team, BD can bring in any players before the Test starts. If they do, its good that all the players are now playing in the 4 day NCL. So, they are already in that mind-zone. However, I think only player that can be brought in is Naem as Zudaid is already in the squad. As per Cricinfo, they are forced in keeping Ashraful as he is the senior player and the team needs his experience...

Naimul_Hd
January 21, 2010, 12:24 PM

ALAS...BD boys dnt care abt our feelings. After all these insults, you may find BD players running after indian players for autographs, bats, handshakes etc. Dnt forget our players also brainless like Sehwag. I wonder how many BD boys have understood what Sehwag was saying ! otherwise, how they bat foolishly on 5th day of 1st test. if they had any guts and determination, they wouldnt have lost this game at least.

amra supporter ra AL, BNP koire koire jibon sesh kore dei...kintu dekhen jeye shob AL, BNP neta ra eke operer frnd or relatives. oi shob neta ra amader moto supporter der dekhe lukaye lukaye hashe. BD and Ind player rao ekei kaj korte pare...ke jane !

Naimul_Hd
January 21, 2010, 12:32 PM
As the host team, BD can bring in any players before the Test starts. If they do, its good that all the players are now playing in the 4 day NCL. So, they are already in that mind-zone. However, I think only player that can be brought in is Naem as Zudaid is already in the squad. As per Cricinfo, they are forced in keeping Ashraful as he is the senior player and the team needs his experience...

didnt understand this part ! why would we be forced to keep Ash only bcoz of his ex-perience !?? the way Ash played 1st test, did u find any sign of experience coming out of his batting ?? its not like that, Ash tried his heart and soul but couldnt score much ! rather his poor technique and poor mentality is contagious to the team. Shakib and Tamim is also trying to play rash shots watching Ash's batting. Moreover, every other batsmen get an excuse playing bad shots because of ASH. SO The sooner he leaves the better for the team (for Test match).

hbk619
January 21, 2010, 12:44 PM

bring habibul bashar. i can gurantee that he will serve much better than ashrafool

Neel Here
January 21, 2010, 01:01 PM
ALAS...BD boys dnt care abt our feelings. After all these insults, you may find BD players running after indian players for autographs, bats, handshakes etc. Dnt forget our players also brainless like Sehwag. I wonder how many BD boys have understood what Sehwag was saying ! otherwise, how they bat foolishly on 5th day of 1st test. if they had any guts and determination, they wouldnt have lost this game at least.
looks like you understood much more than he said, or meant. :-p :doh:

roaring tigerz
January 21, 2010, 01:38 PM
The 2nd test would be a real challenge for us for various reasons. Our history shows that we have often failed to stitch together two good performances in a row. A fighting fifth day performance is often followed by a humiliating innings defeat. I am really optimistic that we can put an end to that trend.

The Indian batting line up is vaunted and if Dhoni returns will be even more formidable. If we can restrict them to 400 in the first innings, it would be an unqualified success. If we stand any chance of competing, we have to bat at least four sessions. Anything less and we will be chasing the opposition the entire length of the game.

Naimul_Hd
January 21, 2010, 01:46 PM
looks like you understood much more than he said, or meant. :-p :doh:

not more not less...i understood what exactly he said. i guess, any sensible person will understand that and try to answer those criticism with their performance. but tht was not the case with our players. thts why i doubted on them. hope i made myself clear now !:-*

Dhakablues
January 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
I also think Bashar and Rajin can play for test cricket. And they seemed to be scoring pretty good in the NCL. The fact of the matter is, Test cricket is a matter of patience, refined technique and the balance of strategy and aggression. In ODI, I fully support not having Bashar or Rajin but if we are talking about a 90 over match,, a 20 year old is bound to get impatient and forget his role. And besides Bashar has the highest 50s in Test cricket and still is the most successful captain of BD team. He can be a stop gap player until we get another player groomed for Test.

If we are to replace Ashraful, it should be another experienced cricketer in the team than another U-19 player. Unfortunately, I dont think our management has that type of a maturity in vision or long term thinking. To them, they think T20, ODI, Test is the same type of cricket..I would fully disagree that we dont have the depth for separate teams. As I said before, had it been the BD team, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Shevagh wouldve been forced to retirement 5years ago!!!

revolver
January 21, 2010, 02:21 PM
match starts again on sunday..

shuziburo
January 21, 2010, 03:03 PM
Line-up should be clear
Drop SN and bring in naeem or even junaid (better technique, although crap temperament)

Naeem should be brought in, whether in SN's place or that of Raqibul/Ashraful does not matter. I actually like Shafiul and I think he should be allowed to learn against the best opposition. The boy seems to have the toughness to handle this. He does not go for sheer pace like Rubel all the time and seems to realize the other aspects of pace bowling.

shuziburo
January 21, 2010, 03:13 PM

amra supporter ra AL, BNP koire koire jibon sesh kore dei...kintu dekhen jeye shob AL, BNP neta ra eke operer frnd or relatives. oi shob neta ra amader moto supporter der dekhe lukaye lukaye hashe. BD and Ind player rao ekei kaj korte pare...ke jane !

I am here regularly only when BD plays. I am seriously thinking whether this is a waste of time. Both the national and U-19 teams have given my heart serious [বাংলা]দাগা[/বাংলা] in the last few days. Perhaps, we need to boycott them for a while.

About our political parties, they are the two sides of the same coin, unfortunately. There are a few good ones like Matia Chowdhury, but the rotten ones are in overwhelming majority. Until an alternative comes out (not like B. Choudhury's [বাংলা]তৃতীয় শক্তি[/বাংলা]), we have no hope. I am waiting for BD's own Mahathir, hopefully in my lifetime.

hoodlum
January 21, 2010, 04:26 PM
go with the same team

bujhee kom
January 21, 2010, 04:36 PM
Bismillah! Allah Malik!

Let's go baby! Jege Utho Bangladesh! :flag:
Jege Utho Banglaar Bagh, aar ghumie thekona baba! :flag:

Let's party til we burn this house down baby!!!

Neel Here
January 21, 2010, 04:58 PM
Bismillah! Allah Malik!

Let's go baby! Jege Utho Bangladesh! :flag:
Jege Utho Banglaar Bagh, aar ghumie thekona baba! :flag:

Let's party til we burn this house down baby!!!

khaise ! javed bhai chetse ! :lol:

Rinathq
January 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
Oh no Dhoni and Harbhajan Singh are back

None of them are threats to BD. I am happy Laxman is gone, he is a typical test player and he won't play. We are at an advantage here

Rinathq
January 21, 2010, 05:11 PM
my ideal lineup for BD
Tamim
Javed
Roqibul
Alok
Sakib
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Naeem
Mortaza
Shahdat
Razzaq/Shafiul/Robin

However, given the current squad,

Tamim
Kayes
Junaid
Roqibul
Mahmudullah
Mushfiq
Sakib
Naeem
Shahdat
Safiul
Robin

Zeeshan
January 21, 2010, 06:52 PM
so mashrafe still not playing?

kalpurush
January 21, 2010, 09:07 PM
I also think Bashar and Rajin can play for test cricket. And they seemed to be scoring pretty good in the NCL. The fact of the matter is, Test cricket is a matter of patience, refined technique and the balance of strategy and aggression. In ODI, I fully support not having Bashar or Rajin but if we are talking about a 90 over match,, a 20 year old is bound to get impatient and forget his role. And besides Bashar has the highest 50s in Test cricket and still is the most successful captain of BD team. He can be a stop gap player until we get another player groomed for Test.

If we are to replace Ashraful, it should be another experienced cricketer in the team than another U-19 player. Unfortunately, I dont think our management has that type of a maturity in vision or long term thinking. To them, they think T20, ODI, Test is the same type of cricket..I would fully disagree that we dont have the depth for separate teams. As I said before, had it been the BD team, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, Shevagh wouldve been forced to retirement 5years ago!!!
He has no place in the current team, unfortunately.

kalpurush
January 21, 2010, 09:10 PM
Oh Miraj vai the savior. We will win this time inshallah.
Good luck Miraz bhai and the Tigers. :)

Antora
January 22, 2010, 02:46 AM
if ASH plays this test match, i m not gonna watch it ! full and final !!!

Are you sure about that:-p
heheh

Anywayz Good Luck Bangladesh:D

beshideshi
January 22, 2010, 03:03 AM
103. if you exclude Ash this is the total number of test played by our players, and this is alarmingly low if you ask me. On an average 10~games per player. I think Ash needs to stay for this series at least, and i am sure he will make another career saving innings now :)

And About Rajin Saleh, he is only 26 years old, scored a 100 followed by 83 against a Mash/Razzak bowing attack. He should be around the national team if not in it.

Also, this test is crucial for us, NZ/SL/SA/Aus series, so many times we had a great 1st test and squandered the 2nd test. We have to make sure that we play our best and keep up the performance in this test as well, this will be really important for us

Naimul_Hd
January 22, 2010, 03:04 AM
Are you sure about that:-p
heheh

Anywayz Good Luck Bangladesh:D

buke pathor rekhe bolte hoiche ei kotha ta....kintu ei pagol mon manbe kina jani na :p

tan96
January 22, 2010, 04:36 AM
please,no ashraful,pleeeeaase.Replace him with junaid,thats gonna be much better.(Only if I could pass this message to the team management)

magic boy
January 22, 2010, 07:07 AM
are we going same line up? !

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2010, 09:48 AM
are we going same line up? !
I guess so.

zainab
January 22, 2010, 10:28 AM
Seems that Siddons will play Ashraful and SN in the second test, I dont care about SN, but I hope that Ashraful keeps his place.

Ajfar
January 22, 2010, 10:34 AM
103. if you exclude Ash this is the total number of test played by our players, and this is alarmingly low if you ask me. On an average 10~games per player. I think Ash needs to stay for this series at least, and i am sure he will make another career saving innings now :)

bhai ar hasaiyen nah. and how are you so sure apni ki jootishi naki future dekhe felsen??

BlindSupporterofBD
January 22, 2010, 12:19 PM
very nice thread! simple & nofrill. all the best to BD. By the way if we win the toss, what should we choose? batting or bowling first?

Nafi
January 22, 2010, 12:25 PM
Get rid of Shafiul....please. Clearly not ready for test cricket

Naimul_Hd
January 22, 2010, 01:00 PM
I will miss Sehwag's press conference as Dhoni is taking over captaincy. or is there any chance of sending Sehwag to press conf. uff...man that would be awesome. I just cant wait to hear more from Sehwag. he adds glomour to the game ! :D

bd fan
January 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
I was just looking at the highlights and i saw this go on this website click on highlights 2 bangladesh vs india and part 11
6:40 to 7:20 It show the umpire knocking down the stumps on purpose lol
http://www.hitcric.info/

Nadim
January 22, 2010, 02:04 PM
Jesse Ryder is out for Bangladesh series:D:)

skhondoker
January 22, 2010, 02:39 PM
I was just looking at the highlights and i saw this go on this website click on highlights 2 bangladesh vs india and part 11
6:40 to 7:20 It show the umpire knocking down the stumps on purpose lol
http://www.hitcric.info/

That was for tea break....but then the news from inside was the play time was extended to 30 more minutes before tea....

Beamer
January 22, 2010, 02:44 PM
I think they should set a target for the top four. I would isolate them in a group and bang it in their head that a minimum of 200 total runs are required from them as a group. I think if we can get around 200-4, we can put together close to 400 runs for an innings. In order to compete with top teams like India, the starting point is 400 ( minimum ) runs in the bank.

Eshen
January 22, 2010, 02:48 PM
Our pacers should practice bowling from back of a good length. Like our batsmen, Indians are also weak against this sort of deliveries. Bouncers should be used only sporadically.

Dhakablues
January 22, 2010, 03:25 PM
The problem with Mirpur pitch is the ball is always keeping low and rarely bounces.. If it is the same pitch used for the NCL, the players, especially Shafiul would know how to bowl at this pitch for wickets. An inspired Shahadat will also be tasked to correct the lenghth..However, I also think our players know Mirpur way too well than the Indians to take advantage of it. But at the end,,, its all about the 'application', isnt it?

cricadda
January 22, 2010, 03:29 PM
Line-up should be clear

you r 100% right.

bangla-red
January 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
my ideal lineup for BD
Tamim
Javed
Roqibul
Alok
Sakib
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Naeem
Mortaza
Shahdat
Razzaq/Shafiul/Robin

However, given the current squad,

Tamim
Kayes
Junaid
Roqibul
Mahmudullah
Mushfiq
Sakib
Naeem
Shahdat
Safiul
Robin

Mate, you've spelt my name wrong there :(

cricadda
January 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
very nice thread! simple & nofrill. all the best to BD. By the way if we win the toss, what should we choose? batting or bowling first?

its totally depand on the pitch and weather.

cricadda
January 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
I guess so.

no way......should play naeem,instead of shariar. one more crap decistion coming up..:confused:

nycpro96
January 22, 2010, 04:16 PM
SN got the spot according to Siddons. Imrul should make way for Siddique

chol_bd123
January 22, 2010, 04:48 PM
yup, naeem should play instead of SN

Tigers_eye
January 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
no way......should play naeem,instead of shariar. one more crap decistion coming up..:confused:
Dear addabaj,
Doesn't matter what we think or say. The coach and the selectors will untimately decide the team. As it may seem we will field the same XI played in the 1st test. I was desperate to have another spinner for this pitch. Naeem would at least fit the bill. Even Enam Jr. selection would be good. This is not Chittagong pitch. This will crack in the forth day and no fog.

FaridpurChicago
January 22, 2010, 05:21 PM
I preferred Enam Jr instead of one of the pacers. I also would like to see SN dropped for Naeem. That would change the side a lot. But, ke shone valo kotha.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2010, 06:47 PM
Our pacers should practice bowling from back of a good length. Like our batsmen, Indians are also weak against this sort of deliveries. Bouncers should be used only sporadically.

yes! bingo!

but i doubt if ramanyake knows this.

beshideshi
January 22, 2010, 07:10 PM
Here is something we should be happy about, Bangladesh team knows what they are capable of.
Shakib said scoring 700 runs would ensure a draw at least, but scoring 700 runs would have won us the game.
On day 4, Riyad said Bangladesh are comfortable chasing 280-300. And we did score 300. Of course if the target was 300, our batsmen wouldn't have gone bananas.
This shows that the team is aware of where they stand, really important this.

nycpro96
January 22, 2010, 07:12 PM
yes! bingo!

us BC'ers should be able to communicate with BCB members.

AsifTheManRahman
January 22, 2010, 07:48 PM
yes! bingo!

Or if our pacers have the brains to execute.

al Furqaan
January 22, 2010, 08:02 PM
Or if our pacers have the brains to execute.

i thought they bowled intelligently enough first test. shahadat bowled quite well in the 2nd innings, though he took 5 in the first. rubel's spell where he got tendulkar for just 16 (on an achcha flat wicket) was very very impressive for both accuracy and pace.

shafiul wasn't bad, considering how low on the depth chart he is/was.

rashed411
January 22, 2010, 08:37 PM
great!! the games start saturday night.

chol_bd123
January 22, 2010, 09:01 PM
finally, I will be able to watch every single day because we are having regents(exams) break.

nycpro96
January 22, 2010, 09:17 PM
finally, I will be able to watch every single day because we are having regents(exams) break.

i know u are. I envy you

Roni_uk
January 22, 2010, 09:18 PM

Not so much issues with bad light in Dhaka.

Jumbooo
January 22, 2010, 09:28 PM
Ashraful out... Enamul in....

Source: Friend heard it on news...

Antora
January 22, 2010, 10:52 PM

Really? hmm.. i wanted Naeem in but at least Ashraful is out.

Antora
January 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
I thought this was an interesting article, so i decided to share. Not sure if this has been posted before though.

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-01-23/news/36947

rashed411
January 22, 2010, 10:55 PM
I thought this was an interesting article, so i decided to share. Not sure if this has been posted before though.

great.. now you have to translate it too. :saint:

Neel Here
January 22, 2010, 11:09 PM

nice article. pobitro kundu puro agun hoye royeche ! :-D

amar11432
January 22, 2010, 11:52 PM

Translation Please.

amar11432
January 22, 2010, 11:53 PM

Is this a joke?

rubelhasim
January 23, 2010, 03:13 AM
None of them are threats to BD. I am happy Laxman is gone, he is a typical test player and he won't play. We are at an advantage here

bhai dhoni and harbhajan are better than dinesh karthick and amit mishra. and sad thing is sreesanth is also gone, the bowler who we scored most of the runs :(

Neel Here
January 23, 2010, 03:16 AM
I think Ind will play two spinners at mirpur.

Eshen
January 23, 2010, 03:21 AM
Pitch report - Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

http://www.cricket365.com/news/story/5877667/Pitch-report-Shere-Bangla-National-Stadium-Dhaka

Happy Hunting Ground

Not for the first time at a Bangladesh ground, captain Shakib Al Hasan is the sole proprietor of the best batting average here. 249 runs across seven knocks have brought him an admirable 35.57, including one half-century.

India, meanwhile, sport a wealth of Dhaka Test centurions, with Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and even Dinesh Karthik getting in on 2007's run-fest.

Bowling-wise, fast bowler Shahadat Hossain's 12 scalps, including nine South Africans in one outing, is as good as it gets.

Oddly enough, of India's current crop Sachin Tendulkar boasts the best figures of two for 35; his part-time slow-cum-spin suiting 2007's conditions to a tee.

Eshen
January 23, 2010, 03:25 AM
Injured Sreesanth returns home

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind2010/content/current/story/445495.html

bangla-red
January 23, 2010, 05:22 AM
2 spinners is crucial here, just go with 2 pacers... Rubel and Rajib... obviously that won't happen.

Antora
January 23, 2010, 06:13 AM
great.. now you have to translate it too. :saint:

Translation Please.

umm...
I'm not exactly sure how to translate that lol
Maybe someone else here will do it. There are a lot of members here, who are good at translatting :) tai ami faki dicchi :-p

Nocturnal
January 23, 2010, 06:13 AM
ntv and dshtv news headline -
SN out and ZS in for 2nd test tomorrow!!

Miraz
January 23, 2010, 06:45 AM

In that case I would play Zunaid as an opener and Imrul at number 3.

Nafi
January 23, 2010, 06:50 AM

:great:

I wish I had Zunaid come to my restaurant instead of SN ...maybe next time:sigh:

Nafi
January 23, 2010, 07:17 AM

Yes very much agree!

Zunaid can pwn the new ball.

Now if we just dump Shafiul for someone who can actually swing the ball, then GAME ON!

beshideshi
January 23, 2010, 07:48 AM
On a related note, our Odds went from 1:19 to 1:13 in a day. Reasons? Unknown :P

amar11432
January 23, 2010, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the great news.

Nafi
January 23, 2010, 07:52 AM
On a related note, our Odds went from 1:19 to 1:13 in a day. Reasons? Unknown :P

zunaid, and a mystery player has been added

amar11432
January 23, 2010, 07:54 AM

From which site are you checking the odds for the next game?

beshideshi
January 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
Its on the front page of Cricinfo. from bet365. Just fiddle with CI a couple of times, the rate for every game shows up at random

zainab
January 23, 2010, 08:36 AM
No other country would have given SN a chance after being away from Test cricket for so long. I am happy Junaid is back, very sad to see that he was dropped.
SN should play more domestic cricket, find his form and be in the A team.

detshoitan
January 23, 2010, 09:49 AM
hey guys! Any news on the playing 11?

I really would like to see Naeem to replace Rubel (this dude suckkkkk, can't even bowl more then 10 overs due to his rr being over 7 all the time, if naeem plays atleast he will be able to bowl 12-15 overs)

***Naeem just scored a century last game and deserves more chances in the test
**if he plays we'll have 9 batsmen and will give us chances to score 200+ runs on both innings...

revolver
January 23, 2010, 09:53 AM
great news but the thing is junaid is crap to

M.H.Rubel
January 23, 2010, 10:09 AM
great news but the thing is junaid is crap to

Thats true crap replacing crap
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

BD-Shardul
January 23, 2010, 10:38 AM
What are you discussing guys? I have lost all my appetite for the match after seeing Scumbag-Loser-Lowlife Kamal insulting Shakib.

simon
January 23, 2010, 10:47 AM

good news to me.
SN is good for nothing.
JS has been decent btsmn in Tests.

Roni_uk
January 23, 2010, 11:02 AM

impossible... Enamul for Ashraful is unimaginable.

Purbasha T
January 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
What are you discussing guys? I have lost all my appetite for the match after seeing Scumbag-Loser-Lowlife Kamal insulting Shakib.

I'm hoping the aftereffect doesn't reach the on-field performances.

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 11:05 AM
What's the point? The BCB President has made sure that we lose even before we take the field. Obviously our players won't be at a 100% after what happened.

Roni_uk
January 23, 2010, 11:07 AM
Thats true crap replacing crap

Crap in crap out...

not that i want it but i am having a feeling that this one will be an innings defeat for us I will bring this tread back at the end of the match.

Beamer
January 23, 2010, 12:19 PM
What's the point? The BCB President has made sure that we lose even before we take the field. Obviously our players won't be at a 100% after what happened.

There certainly is a possibility for that. This is going to effect the players. But, I will also advice them that they play for us, not Lotus or BCB honchos. We can react two ways. Either we let it completely consume us, or we channel the anger in the proper forum and use it on the field. I think we will do the later. I know we will.

Neel Here
January 23, 2010, 12:22 PM
this person is a piece of work isn't he ? shooting his mouth off like an idiot a day before a test match ? really asif bhai, don't mind me saying it but BD cricket fans put up with too much $hit. if this happened in India the fellow won't have been able to come out of his house for a month.

Rabz
January 23, 2010, 12:25 PM
I fail to see what Zunaed brings to the table....
Switching a struggling batsman for an off-form batsman...

We basically start with 20/2.
Count Ashraful, thats 40/3.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 23, 2010, 12:33 PM

true....very true....shob koshto aamader shadharon manush er

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
January 23, 2010, 12:35 PM

BCB president should be told that he should give at least 10% to BCB duties.

oshikhito bostir polara bcb president hoiya boshlay bujhbey kemney development kemney kortey hoi...

Purbasha T
January 23, 2010, 12:58 PM
BCB president should be told that he should give at least 10% to BCB duties.

oshikhito bostir polara bcb president hoiya boshlay bujhbey kemney development kemney kortey hoi...

bhai, eita koyya apne bostir shokol polapainere beizzoti korlen. :(

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
Pitch report - Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka

http://www.cricket365.com/news/story/5877667/Pitch-report-Shere-Bangla-National-Stadium-Dhaka

"The opposition will find a slow and turning wicket in Dhaka, which may create some problems for them." - Tigers captain Mohammad Ashraful

PJ Funny Bunny

One World
January 23, 2010, 02:46 PM
We should draw.

Zeeshan
January 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
we might see a focused anger today at the field that may very well bring us a surprise. :)

cricadda
January 23, 2010, 02:49 PM

finally we got some good news....

nannu
January 23, 2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32043

সাকিব আমাদের ক্ষুদিরাম, সাকিব আমাদের রুহুল আমিন , সাকিব আমাদের ডা: মিলন।

cricadda
January 23, 2010, 02:51 PM
Yes very much agree!

Zunaid can pwn the new ball.

Now if we just dump Shafiul for someone who can actually swing the ball, then GAME ON!

i think robin will be perfect, instead of shafiul.

cricadda
January 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32043

সাকিব আমাদের ক্ষুদিরাম, সাকিব আমাদের রুহুল আমিন , সাকিব আমাদের ডা: মিলন।

and nana too............lol:-D:lol:

Cricmas
January 23, 2010, 03:43 PM
Regarding the situation,although doesn't sound good,we r gonna lose the mtch strting frm 2day.like any othr crckt fan i m also hoping for d best.but it has a narrow chnce to happen.nevr d less i hope our boyz will put up a good show thn d previous.bd tigers roar once again and answer the critics.good luck.

Cricmas
January 23, 2010, 03:51 PM

i agree miraz.d spot for junaid has to b no.1 or 2.no 3 for 'vimrul' i mean imrul.

Morpheous
January 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
Perfect Scenario-Junaid S and Naeem should be in and SN and Imrul should be out. Wish we could replace Ash too but no one to replace him

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 04:01 PM
so what which position is Junaid going to bat at? 2 or 3 or lower down the order

nannu
January 23, 2010, 04:02 PM
what is the probale 11 right this moment?

wiseshah
January 23, 2010, 04:07 PM
Ok my xi now

tamim
junaed
rokibul
ashraful
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
naeem
shahadat
shafiul
rubel
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Cricmas
January 23, 2010, 04:24 PM
please,no ashraful,pleeeeaase.Replace him with junaid,thats gonna be much better.(Only if I could pass this message to the team management)

agree wid u.but u hav to say he was a talent.which is wasted by himself.we can't hav a t20 player in our test squad.d solution is,throw him out of the test team.we don need such kind of xperience.

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 04:46 PM
agree wid u.but u hav to say he was a talent.which is wasted by himself.we can't hav a t20 player in our test squad.d solution is,throw him out of the test team.we don need such kind of xperience.

he's not even good in twnety20 anymore.

Nafi
January 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
XI has been picked

tamim
junaed
Imrul
rokibul
ashraful
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
robin
shahadat
rubel

zainab
January 23, 2010, 05:46 PM
I jsut hope that SN is not too upset. if he plays good domestic cricket, he may have a chance. I felt that he should have seized the opportunity with both hands.

I just hope that BD improves in this test match and score a minimum of 400 runs in their first innings. I remember the test in Mirpir where India scored over 600 runs, with four batsmen making centuries.

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
XI has been picked

tamim
junaed
Imrul
rokibul
ashraful
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
robin
shahadat
rubel

can u please cite the source???

nycpro96
January 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
XI has been picked

tamim
junaed
Imrul
rokibul
ashraful
shakib
mushfiq
mahmudullah
robin
shahadat
rubel

according to? and why would they drop shafiul? robin is VERY good but Shafiul was doing good. Just hope Robin can perform.

Rifat
January 23, 2010, 07:22 PM
excellent thread Miraz bhai. Insha'Allah we will win this one :)

promising signs from first test...a couple of our batsmen needs to convert starts: Rakibul, Shakib. if these two can convert their starts to 100+, then we may go on to win this match...

al Furqaan
January 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
i hope robin has not been picked...he can swing the ball early but thats it. i hope shafi remains...this pace trio looks pretty solid.

beshideshi
January 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
reading all the newspapers and articles there are, the ONLY change will be SN making was for junayed Siddique. No Robin for this test, why would anyone include Robin in this test match when Shafi/Rubel/Rajib all did tremendously well in the 1st test. [any one judging Shafi/Rubel by their stats did not watch the game]

cricman
January 23, 2010, 08:21 PM
The Key is to wear out the New Ball, The Post Lunch Session is when it's easiest to bat on as the ball is entering it's 30th over, from the 30th to the 79th over is when you can play your shots

Naeem will be the 12th man, Since SN nor Z (please catch the ball) can't catch

per weather.com it is foggy on Dhaka right now

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 08:28 PM
Shakib will score a 100 if we bat first or take an 5 wickets haul if we bowls first , because he is very hungry to shows to everyone that he counts more for BD's cricket than lotus kamal

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 08:40 PM
Shakib will score a 100 if we bat first or take an 5 wickets haul if we bowls first , because he is very hungry to shows to everyone that he counts more for BD's cricket than lotus kamal

or he score zero and get zero wickets

kmasum
January 23, 2010, 08:57 PM
how the weather looks in dhaka....is it foggy like ctg?

Orpheus
January 23, 2010, 09:11 PM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

I hope not. But historically speaking, chatga has more fags than dhaka.

M.H.Rubel
January 23, 2010, 09:12 PM

No weather looking good.

zainab
January 23, 2010, 09:14 PM

Sakib goes out to bat as if he is playing ODIs or 20/20, attacking from the very first ball he faces, he does not take the time to remember that he is playing a test match.

hopefully, he can do so in this test and make a big score.

nycpro96
January 23, 2010, 09:21 PM
Sakib goes out to bat as if he is playing ODIs or 20/20, attacking from the very first ball he faces, he does not take the time to remember that he is playing a test match.

whenever Shakib has a mindset to bat nicely for long periods of time, he suceeds, lets see what he does this test match

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 09:21 PM

yeah, he starts attacking the bowlers too early on.
He hasn't been batting well lately.

al-Sagar
January 23, 2010, 09:28 PM
update from mirpur.

its sunny and a clear sky.

so no problem with weather

we should not have delay unless there is any problem with pitch or ground and that should not be.

there was no fog since 7 am and the sun is out

Rifat
January 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
looking forward to the all too crucial Toss...

MohammedC
January 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
Last time we played a test against India in SBNS. Bashar won the toss and decided to field and got thrashed by Indian batsmen.

This time, I hope Shakib does not make the same mistake.

Murad
January 23, 2010, 09:31 PM
update from mirpur.

its sunny and a clear sky.

so no problem with weather

we should not have delay unless there is any problem with pitch or ground and that should not be.

there was no fog since 7 am and the sun is out

Thanks brother. thats a good news. full day of play. Fatafati. :-D

Rifat
January 23, 2010, 09:31 PM
Trivia Time:

against a G8 nation, aside from that West Indies tour of 2004 and the Maiden test against India back in 2000, did Bangladesh EVER manage to score 300+ batting first?

MohammedC
January 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Trivia Time:

against a G8 nation, aside from that West Indies tour of 2004 and the Maiden test against India back in 2000, did Bangladesh EVER manage to score 300+ batting first?

Without checking the CI. I will say no. However we did score 400+ runs against Zim

Murad
January 23, 2010, 09:35 PM
Trivia Time:

We've scored 427 against Australia in 2006.

kmasum
January 23, 2010, 09:43 PM
thanks for the weather updates ! what time the game should start

rashed411
January 23, 2010, 09:45 PM
i dont even feel like watching cricket after all this drama.

ma_o_mati
January 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
where is everybody today...bc seems quiet...game's about to start

MohammedC
January 23, 2010, 09:48 PM

Take that drama to toilet and **** on it.

Watch Cricket.

Anher
I cant wait to see the players attitude after this. Their body language will say thousands words. Eagerly waiting for Sakib at toss.

M.H.Rubel

Amader e mon venge gase playerder ki obstha ke jane?

Aritro
January 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
I hope Shafi's been retained. I was impressed with the seam movement he was getting in his second spell during the first innings. He can also trouble batsmen with his bouncers and offers more penetration with the old ball than Robin.

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
when is the toss 3 am ?

Zeeshan
January 23, 2010, 09:57 PM
Hello and welcome to the coverage of the second Test in Mirpur. The tri-nation tournament was held at this venue, but Sunil Gavaskar, doing the pitch report, says the track is quite different from the one used for the one-dayers. There are some more cracks on the track and spinners have much to look forward to. Bat first and bat big, he says.

Rifat
January 23, 2010, 09:58 PM
We've scored 427 against Australia in 2006.

thanks for the info :) ahh... that's the famous Sharriar Nafees 138 moment.

Anher
January 23, 2010, 10:00 PM
Bangladesh won the toss and batting first.

Rommel
bangladesh batting first!!!!!!!!

dolcevita
Bd won the toss and elected to BAT FIRST

chol_bd123
Bangladesh Batting first.

tossa happened

Omio
eto raat jege asi cricket er jonno.
ar ke ke ache raat jaga eikhane?
American der tou evening ekhon.

al-Sagar
bangladesh batting

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 10:01 PM
Batting first...woohoo!

chol_bd123
are u guys using espn 360. its not working for me

yaseer
Bangladesh have won the toss and opted to bat.

dolcevita
Nafees out , big Z in

al-Sagar
January 23, 2010, 10:02 PM
i expect BD to bat at least 5 sessions..... no matter what is the score

Fahim
so is the lineup gonna be like this?:

Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Junaid Siddique
Mohammed Ashraful
Rakibul Hasan
Shakib al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mahmudullah Riyad
Naeem Islam
Shahadat Hossain
Shafiul Islam

MohammedC
We are batting

dolcevita
unforetunately NO NAEEM

Antora
January 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
This shall be good :D although, Bangladesh batting means a lot of stress.. everytime they hit it in the air ( be it a 6 or a 4) my heart stops beating!! lol

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
unforetunately NO NAEEM
What was the point of bringing him in then? Could have played in the NCL instead.

Antora
January 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
unforetunately NO NAEEM

I wanted him in the team as well :(

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
Zunaed better justify his inclusion, or else facebook e or wall e post korar shomoy gali ektao mukhe thekbe na.

Aritro
January 23, 2010, 10:05 PM
i expect BD to bat at least 5 sessions....

For the whole series?

MohammedC
eto raat jege asi cricket er jonno.
ar ke ke ache raat jaga eikhane?
American der tou evening ekhon.

its lovely morning in Bangladesh Omio

AsifTheManRahman
Ojha in! Ojha's a real ojha with the ball in hand!

One World
January 23, 2010, 10:06 PM
Target 350, +ve move.

al-Sagar
January 23, 2010, 10:08 PM
Target 350, +ve move.

we should bat as long as possible, at least 5 sessions and score 400-450+

One World
January 23, 2010, 10:09 PM

I quoted Sakib from CI.

Bangladesh have won the toss and opted to bat. "We didn't bat well in the first innings in the first Test. We are looking at at least 350," he says. Shahriar Nafees is out, Junaid Siddique comes in. VVS Laxman, Dinesh Karthik, Sreesanth and Amit Mishra are out - MS Dhoni comes in for Karthik after recovering from his back strain, Pragyan Ojha replaces Mishra, Murali Vijay comes in for Laxman

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 10:10 PM
century from iqbal shakib and raquibul ( it's my dream )

Nadim
Come on boys!!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

The_Yorker
What was the point of bringing him in then? Could have played in the NCL instead.

Exactly. He could have another century in NCL instead of sitting around and scratcing his head.

Antora

I wonder if i'll be alive to see the day where Bangladesh will score 500 ..or win by an innings:-|

Jesus87
Why is Imrul selected again? Do we need another hitnmiss Ashrafool?
Please stop this nonsence before we make 11 Ashrafools....

Nadim
January 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
damn ojha is better bowler than Mishra:(

CricFanBD
January 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
Which link is working plz

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 10:12 PM
Looks like we're going to have a timely start today.

Jesus87
January 23, 2010, 10:14 PM
damn ojha is better bowler than Mishra:(

Ojha is a better bowler against us only, our batsmen makes Dilshan look like Warne. :lol:

detshoitan
good luck to us...someone from the top 4 needs to score a century

so here is the plan

1 century, 2 half will get us near 350 runs

also, bd u19 is playing really bad...we already lost 5 wkts in chasing 149 runs

its sad..abul hasan should be dropped

Fahim
to those whose espn link is working, can you PLEASE tell me what ip address and port you are using.

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 10:17 PM
i am not big Z is a good move , naeem is better than him : atleast naeem can bowl and it's seem we are one spinner short

detshoitan
January 23, 2010, 10:17 PM
will the game start on time?

AsifTheManRahman
January 23, 2010, 10:19 PM
good luck to us...someone from the top 4 needs to score a century
Yes, but 75% of our top four are idiots. Hopefully things will be different today.

PoorFan
January 23, 2010, 10:19 PM
Let see if we can make 350+

CricFanBD
January 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
Guys do u have any link to watch?

Anher
January 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
to those whose espn link is working, can you please tell me what ip address and port you are using.

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 10:21 PM
Guys do u have any link to watch?

www.hitcric.info
www.cricket-365.info

PoorFan
January 23, 2010, 10:21 PM
Lot to prove in this match for our boys, go get it boys PLEASE.

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 10:22 PM

for the whole series you mean? lolz

Fahim
January 23, 2010, 10:22 PM

bruv, you are the man, jazakAllah

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 10:23 PM
come on tamim needs a hundred from u man , atleast 50 and I would be happy if big Z could score something more than 20+

detshoitan
January 23, 2010, 10:24 PM
sorry dude, i dont agree with you...they aren't idiots (idiots have brain) our top order do not have a brain...if they did then they wouldn't play same shot to get out

Yes, but 75% of our top four are idiots. Hopefully things will be different today.

Zeeshan
January 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
i just did a speech analysis of shakib's tone in pitch report and ran it reverse...it says: "oi @#$#@@##@ LK."

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 10:26 PM
Did the match start yet? EspN 360 is still showing the toss. lolz

cricadda
bd will bat first.....

chol_bd123
i just did a speech analysis of shakib's tone in pitch report and ran it reverse...it says: "oi @#$#@@##@ LK."

hahahahahaha:lol:

cricadda
January 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
naeem is not in the squad....poor decision.

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
who the hell is this murali Vijay. I bet he's going to score a century when they bat. our bowlers show a lot of respect to newcomers by by allowing them to make century's

Nadim
Did the match start yet? EspN 360 is still showing the toss. lolz

match is about to start.

Allah Malik!

chol_bd123
naeem is not in the squad....poor decision.

why was Naeem called back then. it seems like they made a last minute decision.

Nadim
January 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
who the hell is this murali Vijay. I bet he's going to score a century when they bat. our bowlers show a lot of respect to newcomers by by allowing them to make century's

he alreay palyed few test as an opener and resonably done good.

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
about to start

dolcevita
January 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
tamim almost out

Nadim
January 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
oh.

chol_bd123
January 23, 2010, 10:32 PM
my heart is thumping. match startted

Anher
Appel . declined.

PoorFan
Shaky, lucky to be there yet.

MohammedC
TI strugling against ZK

AsifTheManRahman
Tamim is giving me multiple heart attacks within a narrow space of time.

capslock
Oh my goodness!

Nadim
Zaheer vai eto balo bowl koiren na.

cricadda
ball swinging....have to careful for both batsman..

Zeeshan
dammit tamim looks tad bit jittery

al-Sagar
good over by zaheer

cricket_pagol
January 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
Winning the toss was important... let's get a good total, come on boys!!!

chol_bd123
i am really, really scared....

MohammedC
Thank god over completed

capslock
Zaheer is bowling incredible. I wonder how wise it was to bat first.

Nadim
TI strugling against ZK

MO vai didnt u go to watch the match?

Dhruvo
Tamims looking bad out there

Zeeshan
January 23, 2010, 10:34 PM
clowngula mukhe kulup diye boisha ase ken...no commentary?

Nadim
out

wtf

chol_bd123
where are the commentators...Tamim gave me five heart attacks in the first over...

cricadda
should we bowl first? looks like it...

al-Sagar
kayes gone, duck

al Furqaan
TI looks jittery...

dolcevita
outttt

AsifTheManRahman
Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Caught down the leg side. Hopeless.

MohammedC
January 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
He did not touch it.

Nadim
khobor ache ajke.:head:

al-Sagar
big Z in

chol_bd123
Zaheer is bowling incredible. I wonder how wise it was to bat first.

**** this

cricket_dorshok
vodai Kayes!

Zeeshan
January 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
wasnt it bat hitting the pad that made the sound?

cricadda
imrul get out from the field.......dhurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chol_bd123
He did not touch it.

i heard a sound