PDA

View Full Version : AFC Challenge Cup 2010 - Finals

jonny
February 8, 2010, 07:39 AM
AFC Challenge Cup in Colombo, Sri Lanka. (Football)

Winner will get a spot in ASIAN Cup 2011 in Qatar.

Matches for Bangladesh

16.2 vs Tajikistan
18.2 vs Myanmar
20.2 vs Sri Lanka

Ajfar
February 9, 2010, 01:48 PM
who's the current Asian Champion- Japan?

_Rafi_
February 9, 2010, 02:49 PM
No way we are going to win. Myanmar and Tajikistan are too strong.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Equinox
February 11, 2010, 04:17 AM
who's the current Asian Champion- Japan?
Iraq I think.

jonny
February 14, 2010, 05:37 AM
By Arjun Miglani

Feb 14, 2010 4:58:00 AM

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->http://u.goal.com/64600/64639_news.jpg Photo Gallery (http://www.goal.com/en/photo/gallery?id=64639)
Zoom (http://www.goal.com/en/news/article-image?id=64639)

Zoran Djordjevic
Related Links

Teams

Bangladesh XI (http://www.goal.com/en/teams/bangladesh/1353/bangladesh-xi)
Bangladesh are seeking a new coach ahead of the AFC Challenge Cup, after Zoran Djordjevic decided to leave the country.

Speaking to the-AFC.com, Bangladesh Football Federation President Kazi Salahuddin said, "He (Zoran) wanted a four-year contract but we can’t get such a large amount of money."

"Besides, it is also not possible to sign a new contract within a very short period and I thanked him for his service in the SAF Games."

Djordjevic had recently created history with Bangladesh, leading them to victory in the SAF Games after an 11 year gap.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/2010/02/14/1789937/zoran-djordjevic-leaves-bangladesh

jonny
February 14, 2010, 05:39 AM
2010 AFC Challenge Cup Special: Know Your Opponents - Team Bangladesh

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1582/afc-challenge-cup/2010/02/11/1786718/2010-afc-challenge-cup-special-know-your-opponents-team

Shehwar
February 14, 2010, 07:00 AM
Lets go Bangladesh! Lets GO!

FagunerAgun
February 14, 2010, 09:57 AM
Iraq I think.
yes, they are.

jonny
February 16, 2010, 06:21 AM
Tajikistan - Bangladesh 0-0 HT

jonny
February 16, 2010, 06:39 AM
Bangladesh: Aminul, Nasir, Faisal, Mintu, Rezaul, Meshu, Mamun, Emamul, Ameli, Shakil, Baten

Mohiul
February 16, 2010, 06:58 AM
Alhamdulillah, Bangladesh leads by 1-0 at the end of 68th minute

Mohiul
February 16, 2010, 06:59 AM
1-1 after 70th minute

jonny
February 16, 2010, 07:00 AM
Bangladesh score !! 1-0

jonny
February 16, 2010, 07:01 AM
1-1

Bangladesh scored in 69 th min. Tajikistan equalized in 70 min

Mohiul
February 16, 2010, 07:03 AM
Alhamdulillah, Bangladesh scored again 2-1 lead by BD

Mohiul
February 16, 2010, 07:09 AM
Next 11 minute Tajik are forced to be a 10-man side for a redcard.

yaseer
February 16, 2010, 07:19 AM
Is the match over? Any link guys?

yaseer
February 16, 2010, 07:21 AM
Bangladesh 2 - Tajikistan -1

From Bet365

yaseer
February 16, 2010, 07:24 AM
Have we won? It will be a big achievement then.......

Mohiul
February 16, 2010, 07:25 AM
Alhamdulillah Bangladesh won by 2-1.

jonny
February 16, 2010, 07:34 AM
Great result against one of the favorites in AFC Challenge Cup.

yaseer
February 16, 2010, 07:50 AM
its great result for us. We were beaten by this side 6-0, now we beat them, that is some achievement.
Well-done boyz, carry on the good work.

Runtings
February 16, 2010, 07:54 AM
This is a massive achievement considering before today, we played them 9 times in total and lost 7 and drew twice, so never beaten them. They also won the first AFC Challenge Cup in 2006 and lost in the final in 2008.

To beat one of the favourites in the first game will inshallah propel us far in this tournament. Its seems we are able to carry the great momentum we picked up from the SA Games.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-cup-2010/27037-bangladesh-shock-tajikistan-in-opener

:flag:

beshideshi
February 16, 2010, 08:19 AM
wow, great news. Beyond my expectations, after my hopes were crushed in 2006, [6-1] the best I was expecting was a draw. But well done boys! Proud of you

akabir77
February 16, 2010, 08:36 AM
WOW... congratulations...

ialbd
February 16, 2010, 09:43 AM
congratulations.... this is an achievement to remember...

Shehwar
February 16, 2010, 10:29 AM
Wow! This is such a pleasant surprise! This is a massive achievement!!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

al-Sagar
February 16, 2010, 11:02 AM
great result, now we can surely expect victories over Myanmar and sri lanka

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2010, 11:19 AM
Oh my God! Oh my GOD!!!

Rabz
February 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
Absolutely great news!!
Massive win by the boys here.
This should set up the tone for the rest of the tournament for Bangladesh.
Hope we can top the group and then manage it to the finals.

Nocturnal
February 16, 2010, 12:40 PM
Great result.
Beating Tajik 1-2 is ecellent result for us, they continue their good form from SA games.

goal.com - link (http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1582/afc-challenge-cup/2010/02/16/1793251/2010-afc-challenge-cup-bangladesh-stun-ten-man-tajikistan-in)

Bangladesh Stun Ten-Man Tajikistan In Opener

The tournament kicked off with a surprising result...
By Amoy Ghoshal
16-Feb-2010 5:43:00 PM

Bangladesh registered a shock 2-1 victory over 2006 winners Tajikistan in the opening game of the 2010 AFC Challenge Cup in Colombo, Sri Lanka on Tuesday evening.

All the goals came after halftime with the Central Asians also getting reduced to ten men in the second period.

There was a heavy downpour prior to the kickoff as a result both teams found it difficult to get going.

However soon the experienced Tajikistan side started to settle in the game and were dominating possession in the early stages.

And it was the Central Asians, who had the first real chance of the game when striker Davronjon Tukhtasunov found himself in space but he couldn’t find the target thanks to a last ditch tackle from Bangla defender Razaul Karim.

The 2010 South Asian Games gold medalists had a great opportunity to take the lead when forward Jahid Hasan Ameli sent in a dangerous cross into the box but midfielder Shakil Ahmed headed his effort wide from close range.

The conditions got better which allowed both teams to play with more ambition and thrust. There were chances created at both ends but it remained goalless going into the break.

Bangladesh started strongly after the interval and were seeing a lot of the ball but were lacking quality in the final third.

The in-form Abdul Baten Komal finally created a good opening for Mamun but the latter couldn’t even test Tajikistan custodian Alisher Tuychiev.

Minutes later, Tukhtasunov, who was Tajikistan’s most dangerous player in the first half, produced a fine save off Aminul Haque.

The first goal of this edition finally came midway through the second half when Bangladesh’s star striker Enamul Haque pounced on a rebound and found the back of the net after Tuychiev had saved Nasirul Islam’s shot.

It was a true reward for Bangla’s good start after the break but the 2008 runners-up found the equalizer four minutes later when the experienced Yusuf Rabiev capitalized on some indecision inside the Bangladesh box.

Rabiev slotted the ball past Aminul Haque with a very clinical finish to became the all time topscoer in the competition's history.

But Bangladesh regained the lead three minutes later when defender Atiqur Rahaman Meshu headed home a Hasan Ameli cross past the helpless Tuychiev.

Tajikistan’s hopes of a second equalizer were almost ended eleven minutes before time when defender Farrukh Choriev was shown a straight red for making a rash challenge on Bangladesh substitute Tawhidul Alam.

Bangladesh held on for the three points thus giving new coach Saiful Bari Titu a win on his first match.

The result is truly surprising as Tajikistan came into this tournament as one of the favourites so now it has definitely thrown Group A wide open.

Goalscorers: Enamul Haque (Bangladesh) 67’, Yusuf Rabiev (Tajikistan) 71’, Atiqur Rahaman Meshu (Bangladesh) 74’

===================================

by the way Myanmar (Burma) beat host SL by 4-0!! They seem like pretty strong opposition for us too!! Good Luck Bangladesh.

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2010, 01:17 PM
Congrats!! 1st win after 7 tries. Al hamdulillah.

Nadim
February 16, 2010, 02:19 PM
wOOt wOOt...we won against Tajikistan:joy:

Well Done Bangladesh.

Equinox
February 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
We win this tournament and we are in the Asia Cup right? Oh my God this is huge!!

Equinox
February 16, 2010, 03:16 PM
Why is Korea DPR playing this tournament? They qualified for the World Cup. Please Korean bhais don't ruin our chances. We should beat Sri Lanka and aim for a draw minimum against Myanmar.

Tigers_eye
February 16, 2010, 03:33 PM
Why is Korea DPR playing this tournament? They qualified for the World Cup. Please Korean bhais don't ruin our chances. We should beat Sri Lanka and aim for a draw minimum against Myanmar.
Burma'er kasey 5 ta khabo. Winning :) shopney'o dekhi na.

Purbasha T
February 16, 2010, 05:57 PM
Alhamdulillah. Was all over the place all day with some work. Totally forgot about this one. Just got to know. Alhamdulillah :D :fire:

Equinox
February 16, 2010, 07:38 PM
Burma'er kasey 5 ta khabo. Winning :) shopney'o dekhi na.
Let's not lose hope.

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2010, 08:20 PM
We win this tournament and we are in the Asia Cup right? Oh my God this is huge!!
This is going to be the first time if we make it, right?

Don't lose your heads against Sri Lanka and play your hearts out against Myanmar. This Asia cup spot is ours to lose.

Shehwar
February 16, 2010, 08:41 PM
I believe we made it to the finals once before in 1980 when the golden generations were playing. Infact in the 1986 World Cup qualifiers we beat both Indonesia and Thailand which would be unimaginable now ...This is going to be the first time if we make it, right?

Don't lose your heads against Sri Lanka and play your hearts out against Myanmar. This Asia cup spot is ours to lose.

Shehwar
February 16, 2010, 08:43 PM
A certain DPR Korea is playing in this tourney before all of us get too excited!

Sohel
February 17, 2010, 01:08 AM
Dido's boys do it AGAIN! This time against a decent Asian side ... :applause:

Enamul continues to strike and "Ameli" continues to miss open nets and run out of steam after 30 minutes.

beshideshi
February 17, 2010, 08:02 AM
The bright side of the tournament is, if India and Bangladesh makes the final AND India wins, we will still go to the Asia cup, as India are already playing in the big tournament. So, first make the semi and hope we don't get Korea.
But why is Korea playing in this tourney :|? They are in the world cup, why are they playing Asia cup qualifier :|?

ialbd
February 17, 2010, 12:04 PM
when is the next game (against mynamar?)....

Shehwar
February 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
DPR Korea held to a 1-1 draw against Turkmenistan. India went down to Kyrgyzstan 2-1.

Shehwar
February 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
Our next game is tomorrow.

One World
February 17, 2010, 08:32 PM
The bright side of the tournament is, if India and Bangladesh makes the final AND India wins, we will still go to the Asia cup, as India are already playing in the big tournament. So, first make the semi and hope we don't get Korea.
But why is Korea playing in this tourney :|? They are in the world cup, why are they playing Asia cup qualifier :|?

I think it is the other Korea.

Anyway BD is all gun blazing, imagine those double sized Taziks are annihilated by midget like BD socceroos, now we should be to Myanmar as tazik's to us :-D.

FagunerAgun
February 17, 2010, 09:22 PM
Congrats BD boys.
Wish you the best.

Shehwar
February 17, 2010, 10:13 PM

Anyway BD is all gun blazing, imagine those double sized Taziks are annihilated by midget like BD socceroos, now we should be to Myanmar as tazik's to us :-D.
Yup it is the other Korea bro and they are World Cuppers too!

Naimul_Hd
February 18, 2010, 07:56 AM
so BD vs Myn match starts at 7 BD time ! if we could manage to draw this match, we will have a better chance to go through ! right ??

beshideshi
February 18, 2010, 08:15 AM

Yeah it is the North Korea. But they are in the world cup too :O
I am sincerely hoping that the BD football team can pull of something here. If we can even make the final of the tournament, it will be an unbelievable achievement. But to do that, we must play well today.
I wish there was some link to watch the game

beshideshi
February 18, 2010, 08:27 AM
http://futbol24.com/f24_livenow/LiveNow.html
live score here, if anyones interested.

Shehwar
February 18, 2010, 08:33 AM
Sign up with bet365. Sometimes they stream these matches. They did so during the Saff cup.

beshideshi
February 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
Myanmar scores =| BD 0-1 down :(

Shehwar
February 18, 2010, 09:14 AM
Damn!

Shehwar
February 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
How many minutes left?

Naimul_Hd
February 18, 2010, 09:26 AM
BD- 0 : Myn-2 ( half time) :(

beshideshi
February 18, 2010, 09:35 AM
O yes, we pull one back.
1-2, come on boys one more

Purbasha T
February 18, 2010, 09:48 AM
All goals at 16'', 32'' and 48''. Guess what's coming at 64''? :smug:

Naimul_Hd
February 18, 2010, 09:48 AM
29 mins to go...hurry boiz !

Shehwar
February 18, 2010, 09:55 AM
Come on! A draw would be so useful!

Purbasha T
February 18, 2010, 10:06 AM
Come on! A draw would be so useful!

Edit: Wrong calculation, so all deleted :D

beshideshi
February 18, 2010, 10:09 AM
Useful mane? Draw would be good enough to progress. Coz then Myanmar will have 2, while Tajik currently has 3.

Now after that the worse scenario would be that we lose to Sri Lanka. And then:
i) If Mya-Taj match is drawn, then Mya 3, Taj 4, BD 4. BD and Taj through.
ii) If Mya wins against Taj, then Mya 5, BD 4, Taj 3. Mya and BD through.
iii) If Taj wins, then Taj 6, BD 4, Mya 2. BD and Taj through.

Oh Gooodd!!
all of your calculations come and fail at this point. Myn already have 3 points, they beat SL 4-0
So if it stays 1-2 for another 8 minutes then we have
MYN at 6
TAJ at 3, GD +1
BAN at 3, GD 0
SL at 0, gd -2

ialbd
February 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
is that it then??

Purbasha T
February 18, 2010, 10:23 AM
all of your calculations come and fail at this point. Myn already have 3 points, they beat SL 4-0
So if it stays 1-2 for another 8 minutes then we have
MYN at 6
TAJ at 3, GD +1
BAN at 3, GD 0
SL at 0, gd -2

Oh shoot!! I heard Myan and SL drew. :mad:

Edit: Nope, you are wrong mate. SL and Myan did draw their first match 0-0. :)

http://www.goal.com/en-india/scores/group-results/251/afc-challenge-cup-2010

But ye, I got the SL point wrong. They do have a point atm.

Purbasha T
February 18, 2010, 10:29 AM
So Now that Mya won, the points table looks like this.

Mya - 4 pts - GD of +1
Taj - 3 pts - GD of +1 (they won 2-0 against SL right?)
BD - 3 pts - GD of 0
SL - 1 pts - GD of -2

If Mya and Taj draws, or Taj wins; then we must defeat SL.

If Mya wins, a draw would be good enough for us.

Edit: Ohh, Taj won against SL 3-1. But the GD remains the same anyway.

Razi
February 18, 2010, 10:49 AM

Goal.com is wrong, Purbasha bro. Myanmar beat Sri Lanka comprehensively by 4-0, here is the match report (http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-cup-2010/27040-myanmar-begin-campaign-in-style) from the official AFC website.

ialbd
February 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
hehe... goal.com = cricinfo.com when it comes to Bangladesh related issues....

but yea Myn did win 4-0 in their first game...

Purbasha T
February 18, 2010, 12:11 PM
WTH man. I'm getting bamboozled 100 times today, lol! To hell with Goal.com.

So, now the calculations get too complex. Now our result must be better than Tajiks' in the last game (assuming Myan is out of sight with the four goal win).

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2010, 11:09 PM
No Asia cup for us this time either. :(

Naimul_Hd
February 18, 2010, 11:15 PM
So, If Tajik wins against Myn, then we are OUT even if we win against SL(considering Goal diff)

but if Tajik draws/ loses against Myn, then we just only need to win against SL without any Goal diff calculation.

both the game are going to start at 15:00 BD time on 20th ! so no one knows other match result before ! gr8 !

One World
February 18, 2010, 11:23 PM
According to Bangladesherkhela we just need to beat Lanka regardless of goal difference.

Sohel
February 19, 2010, 04:22 AM
"Ameli" typically missed his chances. Enamul too and that's unusual.

Purbasha T
February 19, 2010, 06:01 AM
So, If Tajik wins against Myn, then we are OUT even if we win against SL(considering Goal diff)

but if Tajik draws/ loses against Myn, then we just only need to win against SL without any Goal diff calculation.

both the game are going to start at 15:00 BD time on 20th ! so no one knows other match result before ! gr8 !

Nope. I was wrong as well. We only have to match Tajiks' result. That's bcoz we've won against Tajik and face-to-face encounter is gonna count first before the GD. So a win against SL, regardless of the GD or result of the other match, should put us through.

According to Bangladesherkhela we just need to beat Lanka regardless of goal difference.

That's right. So a win, and we're through for sure. :D

Or, a draw would do if Tajiks draw as well.

beshideshi
February 19, 2010, 06:48 AM

http://www.goal.com/en-india/scores/group-results/251/afc-challenge-cup-2010

But ye, I got the SL point wrong. They do have a point atm.

Whats going on, goal says SL-MYN 0-0,
http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-cup-2010-schedule-results
this link says MYN won 4-0 against SL, all too messed up.
but on a positive note, If MYN manages to beat Taj, then we just need a draw against SL to go through. So, if TJK loses to MYN, then the point table would be
MYN 9
BAN 3 from 2 games,
TJK 3 from 2 games
SL 0
and then we will just have to draw the next game. But if TJK wins against MYN, then goal difference comes into play.

Naimul_Hd
February 19, 2010, 08:16 AM
Nope. I was wrong as well. We only have to match Tajiks' result. That's bcoz we've won against Tajik and face-to-face encounter is gonna count first before the GD. So a win against SL, regardless of the GD or result of the other match, should put us through.

That's right. So a win, and we're through for sure. :D

Or, a draw would do if Tajiks draw as well.

Got it bro ! hope BD wont do any blunder against SL this time !

Naimul_Hd
February 19, 2010, 04:26 PM
Titu to temper attacking tactics?

COLOMBO – Bangladesh coach Saiful Bari Titu will re-think his attack-minded game plan for Saturday's crucial AFC Challenge Cup Group A meeting with already eliminated hosts Sri Lanka at Sugathadasa Stadium with a place in the semi-finals at stake.

The recent South Asian Games champions missed out on securing a place in the last four with a game to spare after suffering a 2-1 defeat by Myanmar on Thursday and paying the price for their attacking style which had proved so successful in the opening day win over Tajikistan.

And following Tajikistan's victory over Sri Lanka to join Bangladesh on three points the duo are set to battle for a place in the semi-finals with Myanmar holding a 100% record and a healthy goal difference after two games.

“I will need to look at this and I may make some tactical changes from forward pressing to midfield pressing,” said Titu, who has Pacey midfielder Zahid Hossain is pushing for a starting place after scoring off the bench against Myanmar.

“We started with the same attacking style against Myanmar which worked against Tajikistan, but Myanmar were pushing players forward from midfield. And especially for their second goal they had a player running from midfield and our player was unable to track him back," continued the Bangladesh coach.

“We have to win the last game against Sri Lanka. They have lost both games, but we must take them very seriously.

“In their home ground they will want to get back their pride and they will fight, we must take this seriously.”

With Sri Lanka unable to make the knockout stage after suffering back-to-back defeats, coach Mohamed Amunulla will use the final game to give more international experience to his young side.

Amunulla will have Tuwan Raheem available after the experienced defender missed the 3-1 defeat by Tajikistan following his sending off against Myanmar.

“It is the last game and we have to try hard to at least get a win and we will use more of the younger players than senior players. They are young but the future for Sri Lanka is very bright,” he said.

“There is a good future for the young players. If we lose it is no problem because it is a young team and it is all experience.”

source: http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-cup-2010/27096-titu-to-temper-attacking-tactics

Razi
February 20, 2010, 04:37 AM
Sri Lanka 1-0 Bangladesh after 7 minutes of play. :(

beshideshi
February 20, 2010, 04:40 AM
Oh no, Sl up by 1-0 :(

al-Sagar
February 20, 2010, 04:42 AM
??????????, links ???????

beshideshi
February 20, 2010, 04:44 AM
http://www.futbol24.com/f24_livenow/LiveNow.html

al-Sagar
February 20, 2010, 04:59 AM
30 mins gone........ we are still trainling, and tajiks are holding on

Razi
February 20, 2010, 05:05 AM
Oh no, to make matter worse now Tajiks score, its seems our last hope is also gone.

Razi
February 20, 2010, 05:10 AM
Dammit, now a Bangladeshi gets a red card and we are down to 10 men.

beshideshi
February 20, 2010, 05:11 AM
and SL 2-0/ Game gone mates.

Naimul_Hd
we are doomed.

Red card plus another goal !

SL 2
BD 0

Razi
And now Sri Lanka score another to shatter our dream of going to the semis.

Naimul_Hd
February 20, 2010, 05:18 AM
what happened mate ??? We cant play that bad to lose against SL ! C'mon !

Myn also needs to play well against Tajik to alive our little hope !

al-Sagar
February 20, 2010, 05:38 AM
i think its all over for us, with 10 men its a hectic job two overcome 2-0, and tajiks are also leading 1-0.

al-Sagar
February 20, 2010, 05:40 AM
tajiks 2-0 up, its all over, provided no more goals in this game, we need to score 4 goals........

Naimul_Hd
February 20, 2010, 05:47 AM
i wonder....how the hell did we manage to win against Tajik ????????????

Naimul_Hd
February 20, 2010, 06:10 AM
SL -3
BD -0

I must be dreaming !!! :O

yaseer
February 20, 2010, 06:11 AM
SL -3
BD -0

I must be dreaming !!! :O

izzot sob gelo.........

Naimul_Hd
February 20, 2010, 06:14 AM
izzot sob gelo.........

ar izzot !!! bangali der izzot boile kichu thakle to jabe !

Naimul_Hd
February 20, 2010, 06:17 AM
Both BD and Mynmar got hammered by SL and Tajik by 3 goals to nil !!

al-Sagar
February 20, 2010, 06:22 AM
Both BD and Mynmar got hammered by SL and Tajik by 3 goals to nil !!

both results going against us

Purbasha T
February 20, 2010, 07:10 AM
Lol, I thought this game was on 3.00 pm.

Shob khaya gelo.

Last chance to go to semis would be either of Myn or Tajik pulling out of the tournament, any chance of that? :(

Nadim
February 20, 2010, 08:54 AM
First :joy::clap::D

then

:(:head::sick::hairpull:

Shehwar
February 20, 2010, 09:01 AM
I think never lost to Sri Lanka before!

AsifTheManRahman
February 20, 2010, 12:05 PM
Jonoshomokkhe pant haranor chaiteo lojjajonok.

Razi
February 20, 2010, 03:26 PM
It has been a disappointing end from a promising start finishing last in the group, don't know how things went so bad in the last game.

ialbd
February 20, 2010, 04:23 PM
eta ki???? ki hoilo.....???

Sohel
February 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
Wali Faisal is the new Rajani.

akabir77
February 23, 2010, 11:54 PM
daily kaler kantha reported that some bookies called football kormokorta the day before game and offered money to lose the SL game and then that guy told every one and they shut down the phones of the players. but some player were using SL sim so they had connections to outside world... hence we lost 1-3...