PDA

View Full Version : Dravid Fined For Ball Tempering

chinaman
January 20, 2004, 10:05 AM
India vice-captain Rahul Dravid has been fined 50% of his match fee for ball-tampering during Tuesday's victory over Zimbabwe in Brisbane.
Match referee Clive Lloyd charged Dravid under clause 2.10 of the ICC's code of conduct.

Third umpire Peter Parker is believed to after cameras picked up Dravid rubbing a cough lozenge on to the white ball during Zimbabwe's innings.

India won the match by 24 runs, Dravid top-scoring with 84 in India's 255-6.

Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/3413985.stm)

chinaman
January 20, 2004, 04:43 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39761000/jpg/_39761667_rahul203sky.jpg

Dravid was seen on TV using a lozenge on the ball

Mahmood
January 20, 2004, 05:12 PM
I am in shock. Dravid is currently one of my most favorite player.

Whats whong with these people!!!

oracle
January 20, 2004, 05:26 PM
You can see him doing it.
No hiding going on.

according to law, "it is unfair to rub the ball on the ground , interfere with seams of the ball, use any implement, or take any other action which is likely to alter the condition of the ball.''
I don't think it was pre-mediated. Borderline violation.

:(

Navarene
January 20, 2004, 07:57 PM
Well, curiously enough, my second cousin twice removed is an American lawyer, and he suggests an action for $10 billion against Dravid, the lozenge manufacturers, the umpires for not spotting it earlier and the spectators, for not pointing it out to the umpires.

fab
January 20, 2004, 08:27 PM
As much as I like the dude, I'm sorry but there is no way he did that subconciously and so, he deserved the fine. He must have known what he was doing. I mean, taking a lozenge out of your mouth and defacing sporting equipment with it is hardly something one does everyday.

fab
January 20, 2004, 08:31 PM
Sigh. No I'm not looking for a fight. I just don't think he is "poor". That's all :)

Hasib
January 20, 2004, 09:22 PM
i think he did it without thinking. Like bowers put saliva on the ball to make it shine... and the Lozens must have had saliva (But talk about lack of hygine!!!)

James90
January 20, 2004, 10:29 PM
Maybe he thought the ball had a cold???

And to think if he was keeper this wouldn't have happened