PDA

View Full Version : Look Bd fans, Afghanistan chased 494 to win a first class match

afghan
February 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

http://www.cricinfo.com/icccont2010/engine/current/match/438893.html

IanW
February 23, 2010, 05:07 PM
Good effort, and it's the right attitude.

I think Afghanistan should tour Bangladesh, and may the best team win :)

Ian Whitchurch

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
Congrats!

I am an admirer of the Afghan team. Still I think you guys should not be carried away after chasing 494 runs against a really mediocre Canada bowling side on a flat track of Sharjah.

Maximumpro
February 23, 2010, 05:10 PM
do u guys have enough money to buy the air tickets for ur player to come bangladesh and beat them?

al Furqaan
February 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
if you're really an afghan: congrats and welcome!

if you're indian, or equally worse, paki: scram!

afghan
February 23, 2010, 05:12 PM
Good effort, and it's the right attitude.

I think Afghanistan should tour Bangladesh, and may the best team win :)

Ian Whitchurch

Thanks for your reply. ya, i believe the difference between Afghan team and Bd team is not that much. we really need to prove that to the bd fans. we just wanna play against bd.

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
I agree - BCB should invite Afgan team over for a tour, may be they should arrange couple of T20Is and a three match ODI series before going to WI for T20I WC.

afghan
February 23, 2010, 05:15 PM
do u guys have enough money to buy the air tickets for ur player to come bangladesh and beat them?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! what a way to welcome a new member!! ya, recently we have travelled Canada, netherlands, ireland and dubai. so, do not worry, travelling bd will not be that expensive as Canada and dubai. we will come and beat you, Inshallah!!

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 05:19 PM
Congratulation to Afgan team , i expect few upset in T20 WC
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

BD-Shardul
February 23, 2010, 05:20 PM
ya, my beloved afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. Sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. Now add afghanistan in your threat list.

[বাংলা]দুই দিনের বৈরাগী, ভাতেরে কয় অন্ন। মেজাজটাই বিগড়ে গেল। আমরা কি এতই খারাপ?[/বাংলা]

afghan
February 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
[বাংলা]দুই দিনের বৈরাগী, ভাতেরে কয় অন্ন। মেজাজটাই বিগড়ে গেল। আমরা কি এতই খারাপ?[/বাংলা]

translation please. it is not a good way to reply a foreigner's post

Tigers_eye
February 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
Welcome to BC. Do you guys have a website? For all Afgan fans to converge. I'd like to join.

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 05:24 PM
that was certainly rude Maximumpro... nonetheless welcome to banglacricket afghan...

yes, we will play Afghanistan in the near future for sure. Once we are done with our 'close' ones against the big teams, we should certainly play the Afghans given their current form they put up a better fight than Ireland and possibly Zimbabwe.

but I think Afghanistan should start by playing with Zimbabwe first, as that will help both the teams at the moment...

betaar
February 23, 2010, 05:24 PM

That's below the belt bro.....really unnecessary. :timeout:

Wakidul
February 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for your reply. ya, i believe the difference between Afghan team and Bd team is not that much. we really need to prove that to the bd fans. we just wanna play against bd.

Bro bro bro, if u are a fellow muslim I saying this 2 u as a muslim brother, never get too ahead of your self and become arragont. Yes u beat ireland thats true and alse we lost to ireland twice thats true. However u have to remember we bdesh im referring to, have beaten almost every single team and I believe we still can do on our day, but that does not mean we are a better team then the teams we have beaten. We have beaten new zealand twice does that mean we are better than them? We hav beaten australia, does that mean we are betteer then them? No it certainly does not. Keep plaining consistant, and inshallah i have faith afghanistan will be an emerging prospect. I still believe whole heartdely u are now way near as good as bdesh.

Wakidul
February 23, 2010, 05:26 PM

2 be honest bro we aint much richer.

Farhad
February 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
Confidence is good. Welcome to the board!

betaar
February 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p><FONT color=black><FONT face=Tahoma>It's true that <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = <st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place> would’ve definitely struggled to claim even a draw batting on a last day…against any team. And to win a match the way Afghan’s did is a feat by itself, regardless of the opponent and the pitch condition or the size of the ground.<o:p></o:p>
Heck, did any of our players even score a double ton against any international side at any level or form of cricket…….they should learn from this afghan team.<o:p></o:p>
But Afghan’s shouldn't get carried away because to be honest no matter how bad <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> or Zim is it will not be easy to beat. But with the way Afghan’s started there international cricket I am sure it won’t bee too long before they become a force to recon with. Good going guys.<o:p></o:p>
</o:p>

Wakidul
February 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
From today though however, Afghanistan will be the second team i will support. & Farhad bhi we wonder why the talibans are so hard to defeat. Therz the answer. "Confidence!".

afghan
February 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
Bro bro bro, if u are a fellow muslim I saying this 2 u as a muslim brother, never get too ahead of your self and become arragont. Yes u beat ireland thats true and alse we lost to ireland twice thats true. However u have to remember we bdesh im referring to, have beaten almost every single team and I believe we still can do on our day, but that does not mean we are a better team then the teams we have beaten. We have beaten new zealand twice does that mean we are better than them? We hav beaten australia, does that mean we are betteer then them? No it certainly does not. Keep plaining consistant, and inshallah i have faith afghanistan will be an emerging prospect. I still believe whole heartdely u are now way near as good as bdesh.

P.S. And quick question how many of the afgan team are actually pakistani orgin players? :-D

we beat ireland several times including in the crucial matches like t/20 qualifier final. so, it is not like beating once and then losing to ireland for the next 20 matches. like bd did against some big teams. i am not talking about just one match win over bd, we feel that we can beat them in a one day series. we beat all the top icc associate teams including ireland frequently in the recent past. we have proved that we are among the best of the associates. even irish will agree. so, we want to just play against bd a three match series to see who is better.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
Salaam and welcome to BC dear Afghan bhai!! :big_hug:
Man, I really hope and pray for Afghanisthan to become an exciting, bada$$, powerhouse of aggressive cricket in the World, I can see they are on their way there and soon be a team to challange the top powerhouses of World cricket. Being at the worst time the most ill-fortune situation of her otherwise great and grand life what this country, land and it's people have shown in cricket is beyond amazing!! All the best to team Afghanisthan!!!

BD-Shardul
February 23, 2010, 05:38 PM
Confidence is good. Welcome to the board!

Confidence is good and I myself rooted for Afgan team. But what I don't like is: Shiitiest ever team, newest ever team, associate team or division 5 team.....everyone thinks that they can beat Bangladesh. Afgans playing well and everyone started saying, they are better than BD..they can even beat BD. Look, no one will say, this Afganstan can beat Zimbo. This attitude by others is very very hard for me to swallow, given that many of us already have a subtle and sub-conscious inferior complexity embedded in our mind.

Therefore my reply to Afgan - [বাংলা]দূর হ![/বাংলা]

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Afghan don't get too excited. The Ireland team Afghanistan beat and the Ireland the one that was undisputed No.1 associate for the last three years aren't the same team. England stole the best Irish players and now Ireland is beatable by Afghanistan.

Also, remember that a mediocre(at best) attack got you for 250 in the first innings and then you conceded more than 550 runs to them.

Your performance is credible. But remember you are yet to play any game with test playing nations. You have to do a lot more before your big claims stop sounding ridiculous. Though I agree you should play BD A team few times a year. Practice for you, Practice for us.

Zunaid
February 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Ok - troll alert; troll alert....

shajib14
February 23, 2010, 05:41 PM
Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

I am thrilled, excited; Just like decleration of a combat. Bring it on. Hopefully our top order would not be that vulnerable from now on and thats where you stand any chance. Because the Board does not want Ashraful anymore in the team.

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-02-24/news/44601

BD-Shardul
February 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
And I now have understood why I sometimes become a misanthrope. This world is a beautiful place because of man like Ian!!!

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
Comon bhais, what's going on....

I think Afghanisthan has some very skilled, aggresive and at the same time can be very very rooted down and extremely focused batsmen and a few good fast bowlers who bowl pretty strong and swing!

Wakidul
February 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
we beat ireland several times including in the crucial matches like t/20 qualifier final. so, it is not like beating once and then losing to ireland for the next 20 matches. like bd did against some big teams. i am not talking about just one match win over bd, we feel that we can beat them in a one day series. we beat all the top icc associate teams including ireland frequently in the recent past. we have proved that we are among the best of the associates. even irish will agree. so, we want to just play against bd a three match series to see who is better.

Really sorry boss i was not aware of that. I genuinly thought (no hard feelings) bro that afgans beat irish as a one off. Thats great allhamdullilah. But u seem really serious abut the fact that u have a chance of beating us. Over the past few months im not sure how much u are aware, bdesh have also shown signs of improving to atleast exceed the quality of cricket played by west indies and pakistan. I just feel i dont know y that u will not have much of a scope of victory against us. Perhahs a one off. Enwayz i wish the best for the future of bdesh cricket.

Peace
February 23, 2010, 05:44 PM
this afghan is an infiltrate. a mocker.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 05:45 PM
Dear Afghan bhai, are you a true man of Afghan origin? Please introduce yourself to us and tell us about the Afghanisthan team and cricket in Afghanisthan in general, what is it like out there bhai?

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 05:45 PM

First win ONE match out of five against our Under 21 team or under 19 team. An XI comprising of our weakest regional teams scored 250 against England yesterday, and you think you can beat our main team?

True, shoot for the star. You may even hit a tree top.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 05:46 PM
This thread is Jamin Hooot right now!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 24 (14 members and 10 guests)
bujhee kom, Eshen+, ialbd, Tigers_eye+, Wakidul, shajib14+, B_IKHAN_71, afghan, betaar+, Ashfaq+

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
I understand the sentiment Shardul.... but this is where we have to step up as well. We constantly keep saying, we'll win against NZ this time, we'll beat England this time.... and I am sure they just ignore all that and focus on their game play cuz they are just Professional. We have to be like that.... and go beyond our sentiments/complexities...

btw Afghan bro, I have began to doubt your motive. We are already a big well wisher of the Afghan cricket team and only wish for their best, but I am getting a feeling that you are rather looking for rivalry.... plz tell me I am wrong ....

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
Ghazni and Samarkand are not in Afghanistaan, right? I always think as Afghanisthan as being the most beautiful, romantic country in the world!

Farhad
February 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
Confidence is good and I myself rooted for Afgan team. But what I don't like is: Shiitiest ever team, newest ever team, associate team or division 5 team.....everyone thinks that they can beat Bangladesh. Afgans playing well and everyone started saying, they are better than BD..they can even beat BD. Look, no one will say, this Afganstan can beat Zimbo. This attitude by others is very very hard for me to swallow, given that many of us already have a subtle and sub-conscious inferior complexity embedded in our mind.

I know what you mean. I myself think some might be jumping the gun just a little bit. But hey! We brought this on ourselves. Even if we did whitewash them when they came over, we did lose to Ireland in the World Cup. Thats the big one.

Confidence is a fickle thing. It can vindicate one moment, and set you up for disappointment the next. I personally hope it doesn't in this case. I like the whole "Rocky" thing they have going. Didnt one of their allrounders say they would handle Dale Steyn easily? :lol: Now, that's chutzpah!

I kinda wish their first representative on this board wasn't a troll though. That kinda kills it...

Eshen
btw Afghan bro, I have began to doubt your motive. We are already a big well wisher of the Afghan cricket team and only wish for their best, but I am getting a feeling that you are rather looking for rivalry.... plz tell me I am wrong ....
Just curious - what's wrong if he is looking for rivalry? Is not that all sports about?

afghan
Afghan don't get too excited. The Ireland team Afghanistan beat and the Ireland the one that was undisputed No.1 associate for the last three years aren't the same team. England stole the best Irish players and now Ireland is beatable by Afghanistan.

Also, remember that a mediocre(at best) attack got you for 250 in the first innings and then you conceded more than 550 runs to them.

Your performance is credible. But remember you are yet to play any game with test playing nations. You have to do a lot more before your big claims stop sounding ridiculous. Though I agree you should play BD A team few times a year. Practice for you, Practice for us.

No bd A team is too bad. they were thrashed by ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
Dear Afghan bhai, Are you not a man of real Afghan origin? Do you not have any connection with my dream Afghanisthan...then why am I saying all this? Are you there Afghan bhai, please say something!

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
I understand the sentiment Shardul.... but this is where we have to step up as well. We constantly keep saying, we'll win against NZ this time, we'll beat England this time.... and I am sure they just ignore all that and focus on their game play cuz they are just Professional. We have to be like that.... and go beyond our sentiments/complexities...

You are confusing me. I'm sorry but as far as I can tell I am a professional engineer and being in banglacricket doesn't entail any professionalism clause.

I know exactly how I should approach infantile claims, but I'm surprized that people are even entertaining the idea. Afghanistan are good, but they are yet to play any ODI series. How can they beat us?:confused:

B_IKHAN_71
February 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
fair play to ya afghan and ur beloved nation ., tbh i didnt evn knw afghanistan had a cricket team !!
itz gud to see them rising 4rm almost no where to being a force to be reckoned wiv. i believe this is exactly wa bangladesh need,to be lookin over there shoulder evry second ., so we dnt gett complacent and rest wen we get a bit of success under our hands., and if we do then ... well we dont desrve to be called a cricketin nation.E-)
:flag::flag::flag:

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 06:05 PM
Just curious - what's wrong if he is looking for rivalry? Is not that all sports about?

absolutely.... thats what sport is about...

but I think we rather keep this forum free of maramari & galagali.... I think we are better than that.... :)

reminds me of nzfan...... sigh..... rivalry had the better of him

Ananna
February 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
if you're really an afghan: congrats and welcome!

if you're indian, or equally worse, paki: scram!

I dont believe they are afgans. Most of them are pakis.

Dhakablues
February 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
To back to original idea: Chasing 500 runs is not easy, they did it. Congrats. But it stops there. Thinking Afghan team can beat Bangldesh at a heartbeat with only beating Ireland few times is just laughable, if not a libel.. Ireland, Zimbabwe, Kenya all thought they have improved beyond what BD had, they came to Bangladesh and got thrashed. Never did Ireland utter they are better than Bangladesh again even after their T20 win. Bangladesh is unpredictable but not a team that Afghanistan can beat that easily. Yes, we lost few times here and there but look at the past 2-3 years history of records,, and you will see that a team of 3 -Tamim/Shakib/Riad alone can beat Afghanistan 12 team member. But then again, congrats on winning against whatever team that was you have beaten. Do come to Bangladesh and arrange a series...

Nafi
February 23, 2010, 06:07 PM
I agree, though to be honest I think our academy side would prove too strong for you guys.

But I still think Afghanistan should play BD A team for a first class tour of BD.

I would be interested in how well Afghans do, and if BD A can thrash Afghanistan completely - that would be nice to see, our young boys handling big games like that.

sufism
February 23, 2010, 06:09 PM

Your post is not consistent with BC spirit specially when it is directed to a new member.
That was completely unnecessary and rude. Moderators should take note of this. This kind of remarks should not be tolerated.

Afghan, welcome to BC. Please ignore his post. And hey congrats. It is always good to see new nations coming up. Look forward to match between BD and AFG.

No intention to burst your bubble. As far as I know most of your current players are actually products of either Pak or Eng. That actually casts doubt whether the recent progress of AFG is sustainable for a longer period. However, I hope this success generates interest for cricket in AFG.

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
absolutely.... thats what sport is about...

but I think we rather keep this forum free of maramari & galagali.... I think we are better than that.... :)

reminds me of nzfan...... sigh..... rivalry had the better of him
Yeah, it's a real shame how majority of fans here start to act when a foreign fan puts up a challenge here.

rashed411
February 23, 2010, 06:10 PM

maybe you guys can play a series against our u-19 team. I doubt you will win a game tho... doesn't matter what format.

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 06:13 PM
You are confusing me. I'm sorry but as far as I can tell I am a professional engineer and being in banglacricket doesn't entail any professionalism clause.

I know exactly how I should approach infantile claims, but I'm surprized that people are even entertaining the idea. Afghanistan are good, but they are yet to play any ODI series. How can they beat us?:confused:

hahah... Ashfaq bhai, I called the NZ/ENG PLAYERS Professional..... not the banglacricket members..... :)

I meant to say, our PLAYERS have to deal with these professionally (that is in the field) rather than fighting over 'How dare they challenge us?'

you had me wondering with all the engineering talk.... :)

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
hahah... Ashfaq bhai, I called the NZ/ENG PLAYERS Professional..... not the banglacricket members..... :)

I meant to say, our PLAYERS have to deal with these professionally (that is in the field) rather than fighting over 'How dare they challenge us?'

you had me wondering with all the engineering talk.... :)

Sorry for the confusion. I was confused and confusion is contagious.

I hope our players are professional enough to play the delivery and not the bowler. But that doesn't mean I'm going to act all stiff upper lip gentle man in an internet forum. What is the use of anonymity if I can't let my dark side take over one a while?;)

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:21 PM

Because your team lost to ireland twice in crucial tournaments like WC and t/20 wc and we beat ireland several times in all forms of cricket. so, we believe that we can win 3 match odi series against bd.

NKVD
February 23, 2010, 06:22 PM
Welcome Afghan.

I think Afganistan needs to prove worthy as opponents of Bangladesh at first - by beating South Africa and Australia in a 5 - day TEST match.

Then I think you have an outside shot.

:)

NKVD
February 23, 2010, 06:24 PM
Your post is not consistent with BC spirit specially when it is directed to a new member.
That was completely unnecessary and rude. Moderators should take note of this. This kind of remarks should not be tolerated.

Afghan, welcome to BC. Please ignore his post. And hey congrats. It is always good to see new nations coming up. Look forward to match between BD and AFG.

No intention to burst your bubble. As far as I know most of your current players are actually products of either Pak or Eng. That actually casts doubt whether the recent progress of AFG is sustainable for a longer period. However, I hope this success generates interest for cricket in AFG.

So Maxim was joking a tad bit, or so what even if he said this. Sounded like a petty joke too me - one Faqir to another.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 06:26 PM
Because your team lost to ireland twice in crucial tournaments like WC and t/20 wc and we beat ireland several times in all forms of cricket. so, we believe that we can beat bd in odi.

We lost to them twice and How many times did Ireland lose to us?

You think you beat the same Ireland that Beat us? Wake up and smell the coffee. The current Ireland team is nowhere near the Ireland team of 2007-8. There best players now represent England. If you think you have a chance against BD, research and find out how badly we caned all the associated in recent times.

Anyway, If I understand how your mind works, than I know most of my arguments will be meaningless to you. If BD ever allows the Afghan teams a tour, you'll see just how far you're falling behind.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 06:27 PM
Afghanistan v Canada, Intercontinental Cup, Sharjah, 4th day
Afghanistan chase down 494 with Shahzad double
Cricinfo staff

February 23, 2010

Afghanistan 264 and 494 for 4 (Shahzad 215*, Nabi 80, Mangal 70*) beat Canada 566 and 191 for 4 dec by six wickets

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/113300/113394.2.jpg
Mohammad Shahzad was Afghanistan's hero with an unbeaten 215 as they pulled of a monumental chase © International Cricket Council

There is no challenge too daunting for Afghanistan at the moment. Riding the momentum that led their charge to qualification for the World Twenty20, Mohammmad Shahzad's unbeaten 215 helped them pull off a sensational chase of 494 to beat Canada by six wickets in the Intercontinental Cup at Sharjah.

It was the ninth highest fourth-innings run chase in first-class cricket, which means Afghanistan now top the Intercontinental Cup table and can credibly lay claim to being one of the strongest Associate nations. That they would even be in a position to draw this match seemed unlikely after Canada racked up 566 batting first before rolling Afghanistan over for 264. It left Afghanistan facing a 302-run first-innings deficit, which, it turned out is the highest ever in a first-class game by a side batting second who went on to win.

A more likely prospect at the beginning of the day was survival, but 18-year-old Shahzad shared two century stands, first with captain Nowroz Mangal and then Mohammad Nabi, that set up and all-but sealed the victory which came with 2.2 overs to spare.

Having watched the openers lay a solid foundation, Shahzad and Mangal patiently constructed a third-wicket stand of 163, taking few risks, running hard and picking off the occasional boundary to keep the target, still unlikely, at least in sight.

When Mangal was eventually dismissed, caught and bowled by Ramesh David, there was still 212 needed, with approximately 37 overs left in the day. Yet such is the confidence running through the veins of Afghanistan cricket that they promoted the big-hitting allrounder Nabi up from No.8 to No.5.

Following on from his lusty, unbeaten 48 in the first innings, Nabi was slightly more dexterous to begin with on this occasion. Working the ball around and running hard to start with he then crashed successive boundaries off Khurram Chohan to bring up his 50 and signal Afghanistan's intent for the mammoth chase.

Together with Shahzad the pair added 178 in a little under 30 overs, with Nabi smiting Hiral Patel for a six over long on and a four to deep square-leg to take him into the 90s before he was smartly caught on the long off boundary two balls later.

His replacement, Asghar Stanikzai, only hastened the chase, clubbing his second ball out of the ground. With Shahzad continuing serenely to pass his double century from 242 balls, Stanikzai hit another six before sealing the victory by smashing Nitish Kumar through point for four. Yet again, Afghanistan have proved inspirational and the celebrations will reverberate all the way back to Kabul.

http://www.cricinfo.com/icccont2010/content/current/story/449712.html

Peace
February 23, 2010, 06:28 PM

As long as you do not disclose your identity and profession.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it's a real shame how majority of fans here start to act when a foreign fan puts up a challenge here.

Vai, If you expect fans in an internet forum to adhere to gentlemanly behaviour, be prepared to be continuously disappointed.

afghan
To back to original idea: Chasing 500 runs is not easy, they did it. Congrats. But it stops there. Thinking Afghan team can beat Bangldesh at a heartbeat with only beating Ireland few times is just laughable, if not a libel.. Ireland, Zimbabwe, Kenya all thought they have improved beyond what BD had, they came to Bangladesh and got thrashed. Never did Ireland utter they are better than Bangladesh again even after their T20 win. Bangladesh is unpredictable but not a team that Afghanistan can beat that easily. Yes, we lost few times here and there but look at the past 2-3 years history of records,, and you will see that a team of 3 -Tamim/Shakib/Riad alone can beat Afghanistan 12 team member. But then again, congrats on winning against whatever team that was you have beaten. Do come to Bangladesh and arrange a series...

ya, i am just waiting for that series.

dolcevita
Good luck to afgan
Afgfan , the difference between afganistan and BD are : shakib , Tamim, Riyad , Mortaza , Rubel

Nafi
February 23, 2010, 06:33 PM
Because your team lost to ireland twice in crucial tournaments like WC and t/20 wc and we beat ireland several times in all forms of cricket. so, we believe that we can win 3 match odi series against bd.

1/ Twenty-20 isnt real cricket, even Zimbabwe beat Australia, and Holland beat England

2/ We lost one ODI against Ireland, only one in unfavourable conditions.

3/ Bangladesh are chokers, we will lose the odd match. This is the nature of cricket, that is why we have series.

This is what happened in Bangladesh-Ireland Series

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvireland/engine/match/335633.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvireland/engine/match/335634.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvireland/engine/match/335635.html

Ireland were thrashed 3-0, none of the matches were even close.

You afghans like the pakistanis are a very arrogant and hard-headed people.

Bangladesh has worked for 14 years to get to the point where is now, where we have been beaten all top nations, and challenging them consistently, yet most of us do not consider ourselves better then West Indies yet.

You guys are still on the ladder, if you want to play us, and we offer the academy team, you should humbly accept beat them first. Because atm you are very low down the ladder, and arrogance instead of hard work will lead you to ruin. If the national team do have time in the schedule, and we offer you our national team, then at least you would still understand the true gap between Bangladesh cricket and afghani criket

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
maybe you guys can play a series against our u-19 team. I doubt you will win a game tho... doesn't matter what format.

Your BD A team is too bad. forget about U-19 team. BD A team lost almost all the matches against ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team. we do not want waste time playing BD A team.

check this http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/353228.html

sufism
February 23, 2010, 06:37 PM

You think you beat the same Ireland that Beat us? Wake up and smell the coffee. The current Ireland team is nowhere near the Ireland team of 2007-8. There best players now represent England. If you think you have a chance against BD, research and find out how badly we caned all the associated in recent times.

Anyway, If I understand how your mind works, than I know most of my arguments will be meaningless to you. If BD ever allows the Afghan teams a tour, you'll see just how far you're falling behind.

I am not so sure Ashfaq bhai. I honestly think they could be more competitive than any associate teams we lost to in recent past. Therefore, I think I will refrain from making such statements until we play them. I am seriously looking forward to find out how good they are.

However, I highly doubt they this successful for a longer period of time. No infrastructure, no pipeline of players. Anyways, good luck to them.

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:38 PM
I agree, though to be honest I think our academy side would prove too strong for you guys.

But I still think Afghanistan should play BD A team for a first class tour of BD.

I would be interested in how well Afghans do, and if BD A can thrash Afghanistan completely - that would be nice to see, our young boys handling big games like that.

Your BD A team is too bad. BD A team lost almost all the matches against ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team. we do not want waste time playing BD A team.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 06:40 PM
Actually Afghan is right, BD-A team is pretty bad, it is almost non-existant, with the likes like Hannan Sarkar captaining the team, I mean are you serious! What he (Afghan bhai) is not about is that the most current BD U-19 team will always beat BD-A and everytime but the Under-19 will probably lose to the Afghan national, but they will give the Afghan national a fight.

Ashfaq
Your BD A team is too bad. forget about U-19 team. BD A team lost almost all the matches against ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team. we do not want waste time playing BD A team.

Forget BD, try defeating Ireland IN Ireland.

afghan
1/ Twenty-20 isnt real cricket, even Zimbabwe beat Australia, and Holland beat England

2/ We lost one ODI against Ireland, only one in unfavourable conditions.

3/ Bangladesh are chokers, we will lose the odd match. This is the nature of cricket, that is why we have series.

This is what happened in Bangladesh-Ireland Series

http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvireland/engine/match/335633.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvireland/engine/match/335634.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshvireland/engine/match/335635.html

Ireland were thrashed 3-0, none of the matches were even close.

You afghans like the pakistanis are a very arrogant and hard-headed people.

Bangladesh has worked for 14 years to get to the point where is now, where we have been beaten all top nations, and challenging them consistently, yet most of us do not consider ourselves better then West Indies yet.

You guys are still on the ladder, if you want to play us, and we offer the academy team, you should humbly accept beat them first. Because atm you are very low down the ladder, and arrogance instead of hard work will lead you to ruin. If the national team do have time in the schedule, and we offer you our national team, then at least you would still understand the true gap between Bangladesh cricket and afghanistani criket

How good will be your academy team? BD A team lost almost all the matches against ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team. we do not want waste time playing BD A team.

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 06:41 PM
Come on afghan don't be arrogant .
Your team is welcome in BD

RazabQ
February 23, 2010, 06:41 PM
seriously people - troll alert!

Nafi
February 23, 2010, 06:42 PM
Afghan, people who use t-20 victories as evidence of a team prowess are not taken seriously anywhere.

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
kire bhai.... afghan mia ki eki post 10 bar marlo naki....

RazabQ
February 23, 2010, 06:43 PM
I mean kudos to the Afhanistan team - I was very impressed to see them win that game. I suspect though that just as how the collective cricketing momentum of an India/Australia/Pakistan tends to swamp us over the extended length of a Test match, similarly, we too shall prevail on the Afgan team on a series.

The way to start would be an A-team tour. We need cricket to expand.

Nafi
February 23, 2010, 06:44 PM
we do not want waste time playing BD A team.

Wow.... ok

EDIT: you know what, I really now actually want to see how good this Afghan team really is, I want BCB to make a series, or atleast include them in the Asia cup.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 06:44 PM
Actually Afghan is right, BD-A team is pretty bad, what he is not about is thta I strongly believe that the most current BD U-19 team will always BD-A and everytime but the Under-19 will probably lose to the Afghan national, but they will give the Afghan national a fight.

If afghans play in BD, Rajshahi u19 will give them a fight. BD u19 will annihilate them.

To take things in context, the score card afghan posted here stars an Ireland Outfit which challenges EWngland Team in homesoil and Afghans beat them in Dubai.

When Afghans avoid a whitewash against Ireland In Ireland, I'll contemplate them drawing a 3 day match against our A team.

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 06:45 PM

eita poyla post ei buijha gesi Razab bhai.... ektu moja loite den....:-D

Translation: Afghanistan WC 2011 Champion...... !!!!

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:45 PM

Brother, just look at the following two scorecards. you will understand we beat almost the same ireland team that you lost against. the irish team is still almost the same.
http://www.cricinfo.com/2010iccwt20/engine/match/439511.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/355997.html

Farhad
February 23, 2010, 06:46 PM
Brother, just look at the following two scorecards. you will understand we beat the same ireland team that you lost against. the irish team is still the same.
http://www.cricinfo.com/2010iccwt20/...ch/439511.html

Is this (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/178/178882.html) the Ireland team you keep referring to? Mind you, thats pretty much NZ's second string team. The day we lose to second string teams by 290 runs in ODI matches, you can compare us to Ireland...

Lets be serious here. Ireland is no test team. Confidence is good. Overconfidence - not so much...

rashed411
February 23, 2010, 06:47 PM
How good will be your academy team? BD A team lost almost all the matches against ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team. we do not want waste time playing BD A team.

lol i like how u copy and pasting ur replies to everyone.. :lol:

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 06:49 PM
kire bhai.... afghan mia ki eki post 10 bar marlo naki....
Can't blame him, almost every other poster here is claiming our A-team, academy team, or even the U/19 would be too strong against Afghan team, and his argument showing our failure against Ireland is an appropriate answer against all of them.

Ashfaq
Wow, arguing with a troll is like banging a wall with my head. Proven again.

dolcevita
Come on guy be cool you have just beaten ireland and canada ...its not india SA or australia

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:50 PM
Afghan, people who use t-20 victories as evidence of a team prowess are not taken seriously anywhere.

we beat ireland in 4-day match and odi too. so ,it is not just about t20 win.

Shehwar
February 23, 2010, 06:50 PM
[edit]just found out ur from Bangladesh and right now typing whatever ur typing sitting in Bangladesh (You know how!) ... But why? Why on earth r u pretending to be an Afghan?

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 06:51 PM
Can't blame him, almost every other poster here is claiming our A-team, academy team, or even the U/19 would be too strong against Afghan team, and his argument showing our failure against Ireland is an appropriate answer against all of them.

Not really. We beat India twice and Ireland has defeated us twice. Does that mean Ireland has a chance against India U19?

RazabQ
February 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
Hah - thanks for the refresher. Yes, Juniad, Imrul & Co have come a long way :)

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
Come on guy be cool you have just beaten ireland and canada ...its not india SA or australia

we have not yet played against them.

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 06:54 PM
Not really. We beat India twice and Ireland has defeated us twice. Does that mean Ireland has a chance against India U19?
Against India U/19?! Sure they do.

ialbd
February 23, 2010, 06:54 PM
Just found out ur from Bangladesh and right now typing whatever ur typing sitting in Bangladesh (You know how!) ... But why? Why on earth r u pretending to be an Afghan?

hahaha.... good find Shehwar...

man its almost 6 in the morning in BD....
ghumer obhabe monta ektu boiragi i mean afghani hoye gese.... :)

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 06:55 PM
[edit]just found out ur from Bangladesh and right now typing whatever ur typing sitting in Bangladesh (You know how!) ... But why? Why on earth r u pretending to be an Afghan?

How did you do that? Is it teachable?

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 06:56 PM
Anyone (a mod or someone else) care to clarify how Shehwar knows afghan is from Bangladesh?!

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:56 PM

last time before t20 wc, ireland targeted you and won against you. it shows that bd is not that strong. they can be beaten by any team any time.

Equinox
February 23, 2010, 06:58 PM
This thread has reached 3 pages?! Just ban him and get it over with.

afghan
February 23, 2010, 06:59 PM

What kind of joke is that? this is not the way to welcome a foreign member.

Equinox
February 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Where in Afghanistan are you from?

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:01 PM
One Handy tip: Try to learn how to debate. Google negotiating. When you learn those , come back. I'll explain your delusion in excruciating details.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:02 PM

When you act like an infantile dunderhead, do not expect any welcome.

Zunaid
February 23, 2010, 07:03 PM
Where in Afghanistan are you from?

Sweden part.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:04 PM
Zuanid Sir, perhaps you should consider closing this thread. I know thing are getting ugly when even I lose my temper.

nycpro96
February 23, 2010, 07:05 PM
Sweden part.

:lol::lol::notworthy:

afghan

Troll!! humm!! Afghan: troll, Bangaladesh: SENIOR TROLL :-D

dolcevita

Mate post his IP ,
Troll attack .
Enough is enough
Yes you beat ireland .
But current BD team with shakib mahmudullah will trash irland by all holes

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:07 PM
Troll!! humm!! Afghan: troll, Bangaladesh: SENIOR TROLL :-D

What going worng with you mate ? You are coming in our and insult us
How old are you ?

afghan
February 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
Is this (http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/178/178882.html) the Ireland team you keep referring to? Mind you, thats pretty much NZ's second string team. The day we lose to second string teams by 290 runs in ODI matches, you can compare us to Ireland...

Lets be serious here. Ireland is no test team. Confidence is good. Overconfidence - not so much...

Check the ireland team that u mentioned and that i mentioned. that is not the same

Shehwar
February 23, 2010, 07:09 PM

Ur game is over buddy. Thanks to my Dexter type cousin who goes to Georgia Tech. He found out ur ip or whatever ... stuff which clearly goes over my head ... but more importantly would you care to explain why u were doing this ?

ialbd
eida mone hoy Orpheus.... :-D

dolcevita
Afghan , where do you live ?

afghan
February 23, 2010, 07:10 PM
Good luck to afgan
Afgfan , the difference between afganistan and BD are : shakib , Tamim, Riyad , Mortaza , Rubel

we shall see

Xavier
February 23, 2010, 07:10 PM

That Ireland team was missing many key players like Porterfield, Johnston, Cusack, O'Brien brothers... let us not forget that Ireland beat Pakistan at the world cup and went close to beat England last year.

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:11 PM
Ur game is over buddy. Thanks to my Dexter type cousin who goes to Georgia Tech. He found out ur ip or whatever ... stuff which clearly goes over my head ... but more importantly would you care to explain why u were doing this ?

Shala nizere beshi chalak moné kore
Shala ki ashrafool ?

ahms
February 23, 2010, 07:11 PM

Can you believe that. They, all want to beat BD, big and small team alike. One wants to keep us down and other wants to pull us down. Inshallah we will come out this status.

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:12 PM

Thanks mate AFGHAN go to Pabna hospital

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 07:14 PM
Can you believe that. They, all want to beat BD, big and small team alike. One wants to keep us down and other wants to pull us down. Inshallah we will come out this status.
What's wrong with both teams above us and bellow us wanting to beat us? Is not this sport about winning?

roaring tigerz
February 23, 2010, 07:16 PM
First off, Afghan welcome to our beloved forum. Also congratulations on your country's incredible rise in world cricket. Such advancement from obscurity to the elites of world cricket is unparalleled. Even with our cricketing roots, superior infrastructure and fan base, it took us much much longer to reach where Afghanistan is at now.

Saying that, if our decade long trials and tribulations have taught us anything, it is that the gap between associate and the upper echelon of teams is the most difficult to bridge. I would be terribly disappointed if we don't win each and every game against an Afghan team in our home conditions. But it doesn't take too much for this lot to get 'complacent' or buckle under expectations, so its not unreasonable to expect an upset along the way. Our guys have now played with the best in the business regularly for years and have a core of international class players. So it is a tad bit unrealistic for any Afghan fans to win games against us. But I do look forward to the opportunity to see them in action against us.

beshideshi
February 23, 2010, 07:16 PM
I am really happy to see Afghans grow the way they have, its almost unreal.And I am really proud of the Afghans. But demeaning Bangladesh the way you have is a bit harsh. Bangladesh have lost to Ireland once in 2007 wc, and again in underwear cricket in 2009. But have a look at this http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/335632.html
Bangladesh is still a much better side than Ireland, and even Johnson will term a win against BD as an upset.

Purbasha T
February 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
Lol, one of my best mates is a Afghan. But I was almost getting pissed after going through the thread. But now my views are that: we all BD fans have always wished all the best for the Afghanistan cricket team and let's not ruin that good feeling only bcoz someone of that origin (he may not be as Shehwar had found out but whatever it is) is being a bit over the top.

C'mon the Afghan warriors! But if you're up against our Tigers, then you know which way we'll turn up. ;)

wasi90lkv1
eshen = shamim chowdhury.

Raynman
What's wrong with both teams above us and bellow us wanting to beat us? Is not this sport about winning?

nothing, some just lack what you call 'sportsmanship'.

rashed411
Shala nizere beshi chalak moné kore
Shala ki ashrafool ?

hahahaah maybe... ashraful has gone mad!!

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
Arrey bhais, eta ki shey choto belai porechilaam Minir Kabuliwala Afghan naki??

"Hame Minike bohoot bhalobase!"
"Hame Minir Sosoorke Petabo!"

Eshen
February 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
eshen = shamim chowdhury.
Thanks for the compliment :)

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:20 PM
Lokta ki Shamim Chodowri ?

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:21 PM
I am 99% sure he is a Bangla troll

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 07:25 PM
Guys look at this guy, I say we, BD need to worry about this guy next, looks like a lost mini-clone of our beloved chacha Akram Khan....Fuuudge, they are coming to get us!!!

Monish Arora drives during his unbeaten 94, Fiji v Singapore, ICC World Cricket League Division Five, Lalitpur, February 23, 2010
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/114600/114629.jpg

Monish Arora punches the air after guiding Singapore to victory, Fiji v Singapore, ICC World Cricket League Division Five, Lalitpur, February 23, 2010
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/114600/114628.jpg

Orpheus
February 23, 2010, 07:26 PM
where exactly is Afghanistan? Is it a country?

Farhad
February 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
That Ireland team was missing many key players like Porterfield, Johnston, Cusack, O'Brien brothers... let us not forget that Ireland beat Pakistan at the world cup and went close to beat England last year.

Fair enough. How about this (http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/395704.html) then? Against Zimbabwe A where they were all out for 118? Thats pretty much the same team, right?

Don't get me wrong. The Ireland cricket team is full of overachievers. Its amazing what theyve been able to accomplish. But they arent a test team...

Peace
February 23, 2010, 07:28 PM
eida mone hoy Orpheus.... :-D

i think this is Orpheus_baap

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
where exactly is Afghanistan? Is it a country?

Nomensland...

sufism
February 23, 2010, 07:30 PM
Now he disappears. No response to the last few posts. People in BD have way too much time in their hands. Why would some1 pretend to be Afghan sitting in BD. Some twisted.........and I wasted my time reading almost entire thread. Kick me.

Peace
February 23, 2010, 07:31 PM
i also think this afghan team is actually PCB XI.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
This Bangali bhai only helped me get my post count higher, Allah Mabud!

Umar
February 23, 2010, 07:34 PM
AFGHAN..

Nom-e Chi ast???
Tu afghanistan asti? Saiku, Beyadabi na ku bachhish..fehmidi ??

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:34 PM
Heh, trolling must be fun. Just imagine how stupid we looked to him. All scrambling to douse the fire that never was.

I might just try my hand at trolling in ICF or PP.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:35 PM
AFGHAN..

Nom-e Chi ast???
Tu afghanistan asti? Saiku, Beyadabi na ku bachhish..fehmidi ??

Is that Pashtu?

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
Thaak bhai oke aar galaigali korien naa! Or amma hoito aisha ekhon Kaane dhoira onko korate nie gese!!
Asoon, in the mean time, amra shobai ei thread-tike Afghanisthan-er prakritik shoundorjer upor photo/pic die akti shommreeddho thread-e gore tuli!

sufism
February 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
Heh, trolling must be fun. Just imagine how stupid we looked to him. All scrambling to douse the fire that never was.

I might just try my hand at trolling in ICF or PP.

Hahahahaha. I wonder who that guy was. A regular BC member?

Umar
February 23, 2010, 07:37 PM
Is that Pashtu?

farsi / dari (to some extent pasthoon too)

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hahahahaha. I wonder who that guy was. A regular BC member?

Shamim chowdry / Ashrafool. ?

dark mage
Congrats to Afghanistan but a word of warning please dont get too carried away, yes we have been defeated by Ireland once in the worldcup and one T20 match, however please dont forget we whitewashed them comprehensively after the world cup when they came to Bangladesh, what they did against us was merely an upset, nothing more. However, I do agree that inT20, even Afghanista, Canada, Irelan or Scotland can beat us(Bangladesh) as there's no denying the fact that Bangladesh sucks in T20 as we dont even take it seriously, however, One Day internationals are a whole different ball game. In ODIs, you need to play very well to beat us, I repeat Ireland just got lucky and played better than us on that particulasr match, but as I said, we whitewashed them right after the worldcup, proving their win was nothing more than a fluke. That being said, there's no mistaking the fact that Afghanistan is on the right path and will become a force to be reckoned with if they keep improving like this

bujhee kom
Once upon a time: Ariana Airlines
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/ariana.jpg

Beautiful Forever Romantic Afghanisthan
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/scenery2b.jpg

Alexander's fortress in Herat
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/heratialexander.jpg

Beautiful Afghanisthan
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/bami.jpg

Afghan rug makers
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/rugmakers.jpg

Kabul Today:

Perfume store, where you can get a
huge assortment of perfumes from abroad
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/maria/cimg6783_small.jpg

Biggest shopping center in town, called “Kabul City Center”
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/maria/cimg6551_small.jpg

One of Kabul traffic squares
http://www.afghan-web.com/gallery/maria/cimg6844_small.jpg

dolcevita
February 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
Men i think he was an indian...

Farhad
February 23, 2010, 07:46 PM
Is that Pashtu?

Who are you, Ashfaq? I'm guessing you changed your name recently...

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:48 PM
Who are you, Ashfaq? I'm guessing you changed your name recently...

Yeah, I changed my name. I'm Siraji, the only Buet resident on BC.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
Arrey Ashfaq ia my Siraji??? Ami tow miah aro lojaae notun naam dekhe kotha boltesi naa miah!

Purbasha T
February 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
Alright, back to sleep. Enough bekar alarms.

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 07:57 PM
Arrey Ashfaq ia my Siraji??? Ami tow miah aro lojaae notun naam dekhe kotha boltesi naa miah!

No vai, nothing to fear. I just took my first name instead of the last.

sufism
February 23, 2010, 08:04 PM
No vai, nothing to fear. I just took my first name instead of the last.

Nam kibhabe change kora jay?

Ashfaq
February 23, 2010, 08:06 PM
Nam kibhabe change kora jay?

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=28638

Follow the thread, your answer would be clear. I recommend PMing a mod/admin/staff.

Russell2k7
February 23, 2010, 08:08 PM
I bet he is a Paki wanna be Afghani:-D

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 08:58 PM
Bhais, I am not spamming or anything, I cannot help myself but to share these incredible beautiful photographs of Afghanisthan, a place we don't get to see very often, and like these....taken by photographer Luke Powell.

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A32.jpg
A32. Mosque Window
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A32.HTM

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A31.jpg
A31. Spiral
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A31.HTM

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A30.jpg
A30. City Gates
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A30.HTM

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A23.jpg
A23. The Lone Rider
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A23.HTM

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A22.jpg
A22. Lavender Flowers Near Maimana
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A22.HTM

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A21.jpg
A21. The Steppes
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A21.HTM

http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/images/A07.jpg
A7. Autumn Village
North of Shiraz, Iran, November 1974, 35 mm Pentax ES, 200 mm SMCT lens, Kodachrome II film, Dye transfer print 1985, �Luke Powell, 1996.
http://avalon.unomaha.edu/afghan/afghanistan/A7.HTM

You guys can check out the rest of the amazing photographs of beautiful pre-war Afghanisthan on their site.....I find it very beautiful and emotional.!

One World
February 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
Brother, just look at the following two scorecards. you will understand we beat almost the same ireland team that you lost against. the irish team is still almost the same.

So you think you can beat Pak too, as the same team kicked them out, and also a Dravid-Dhoni-SRT combo of India as we kicked them out.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
^^Arrey One World bhai, ami na hoy eka eka ekta pagoler moto chopi post kortesi, apni kaar shathe kotha boltesen?

Roni_uk
February 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
Bhais, I am not spamming or anything, I cannot help myself but to share these incredible beautiful photographs of Afghanisthan, a place we don't get to see very often, and like these....taken by photographer Luke Powell.

You guys can check out the rest of the amazing photographs of beautiful pre-war Afghanisthan on their site.....I find it very beautiful and emotional.!

sorry but where is the cricket pitch?

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
sorry but where is the cricket pitch?

Oi je Roni bhai, oi paharer bhitore, padodeshe!

godzilla
February 23, 2010, 09:38 PM

Good to see beside Ireland, there is one other team who is breaking through the barrier for a test status soon!

Jesus87
February 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
Congratulations Afghanistan, it was a splendid effort and deserves all the credit. I hope you fellows play well in the world T20, would love to see you guys make the semis, a lot depends on Hamid Hassan. Anyway looking forward to your match against India in T20. Will be rooting for you guys.

One World
February 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
^^Arrey One World bhai, ami na hoy eka eka ekta pagoler moto chopi post kortesi, apni kaar shathe kotha boltesen?

Oh sorry bbhai, I thought you were serving Biriani with Peshowari Kebab.

Zunaid
February 23, 2010, 09:50 PM

Reminds me of Syed Mujtaba Ali's দেশে বিদেশে

FagunerAgun
February 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
Congrats, Afghanistan.
Now a matured minow will learn from a young minow, how to win. Wonderful.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 10:35 PM

Reminds me of Syed Mujtaba Ali's দেশে বিদেশে

Dadas, arrey Minir shey Kabuliwalar desh...boro shundor desh! Afghanisthan-er moto eto shundor desh ami aar kothao dekhi nai konodiin, not even Saudi Arabia! Ami Afghanisthan-er landscape-er preme aaj mogno!! Ami oi deshe gie cinema/Film banate chai!!

fishyguy
February 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
To quote the great George W. Bush

Bring em on.

Murad
February 23, 2010, 10:55 PM
4 pages? wow

Super-hit thread.

Afghan guy seems like a Pakistani guy. Same arrogance same attitudes.

bujhee kom
February 23, 2010, 10:56 PM
Accha bhais, Afghanisthan-e amra loke pathate pari naa? Honeymoon-e jaabe public! Amra jete chai Singapore, Bankok, Malayasia.....Afghanisthan mone hoi aro kache! Package tour kore dibo! Family deal as well!

cricket_king
February 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
Just like our own fans get carried away with the Bangladesh teams successes, I think we're getting too carried away by considering Afghanistan a big threat. It's just a big step backwards. Teams like NZ and Pakistan, who aren't too far ahead of us, crush us more so than the top teams do. This is how we should approach the likes of Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan.

To the Afghan fans, congrats on the win against Canada. Definitely no mean feat chasing such a big total. But bear in mind, you're playing a Canadian bowling line-up in Sharjah - ultra flat wicket. Don't get too ahead of yourselves.

akabir77
February 23, 2010, 11:22 PM

u forgot that IR won one day match or T20 in a bouncy pitch. don't worry it will take more for your team to beat us. u scored against some pathetic bowlers in a sand filled stadium try to do it in bd against shahadat and co. Don't try to fly before you can walk. and stop thinking bd as your punching bag that same IR team will get beaten by us 100 times in our condition but for your information your team doesn't have a different condition as bd got same kind of weather...

akabir77
February 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
<o:p>It's true that <st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place> would’ve definitely struggled to claim even a draw batting on a last day…against any team. And to win a match the way Afghan’s did is a feat by itself, regardless of the opponent and the pitch condition or the size of the ground.<o:p></o:p></o:p>
Heck, did any of our players even score a double ton against any international side at any level or form of cricket…….they should learn from this afghan team.<o:p></o:p>
But Afghan’s shouldn't get carried away because to be honest no matter how bad <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> or Zim is it will not be easy to beat. But with the way Afghan’s started there international cricket I am sure it won’t bee too long before they become a force to recon with. Good going guys.<o:p></o:p>

We banglais like to see us very small... for your kind information look at rokons stats he did that way way way before....

And didn't we chase SL score in last day and score 400+

We never get to play 4 dayrs against these associates teams? so how do u know we couldn't do it? when we played *** level no team other than SL and ZIMB could come to close to armature bd players...
so don't look down on bd players.

BTW what a way to open a thread by a foreigner to this site and attacking BD fans...

Sorry to say your wish or dream will take long time to become true inshallah...

By killing a stupid cat u think u can mess with tigers? ask India/Pakistan/Australia...

akabir77
February 23, 2010, 11:39 PM

Ah now i understand whats going on here... its not the afgan team its you who doesn't understand C of cricket... or else u wouldn't make these silly comparisons...

We beat Austrlain world cup champion team. we beat WC runner up Pak team. we kicked out WC runner up Indian team? so????

Its not even worth replying to your messages. either u don't know cricket or a pki spy or a 2 year old kid... anyway this is my last reply to this stupid thread...:wave:

Rifat
February 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
Confidence is good, arrogance is not.

my wholehearted congratulations go to Afghanistan Cricket team and its respected fans. However, Bangladesh has never faced Afghanistan in the recent past. therefore, i will refrain from further predictions...

do you guys have ODI status yet?

_Rafi_
February 23, 2010, 11:41 PM
Djoker...chiria ekkhan
Mods vaisob, nisiddo ghosona kore amader k janan uni kun desher nagorik. I think IP address dekhe apni already jene gesen..ar eka eka moja nichchen.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Rifat
February 23, 2010, 11:47 PM
18 year old guy scored a double ton, under pressure on day 5...SubhanAllah!!!

fwullah
February 23, 2010, 11:58 PM
The rise of Afghanistan and other associate nations started when all Assosciate countries have been given the opportunity to play 3-4 day games - right at the beginning of our gaining test status.

This was predictable when the first class games started among the associates and/or affiliates.

BCB should have started concentrating on improving our first class structure at least five years ago. Since the past and the current BCB personnel have failed in that respect, now we're failing or at least showing signs of failure in every other department (T-20, Tests, ODIs). I am pretty positive that if our main Bangladesh team faces this Afghan team, we could be on the losing side if the games are either T-20 or first class matches.

Because to be honest, we suck at both these games. The only matches that our current team is particularly good at, is the 50 over games, because we have been playing this particular format of the game way too many than the other formats. (And even in 50 over games, we're not strong enough to confidently say that we're gonna win a series against England / New Zealand) Sakib, our captain himself has admitted in the recent NZ tour that we don't know how to play in a T-20 game.

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
day 4.:)
day 5 shudhu test'a asey.:) Nevertheless, what a chase.

nahaz
February 24, 2010, 12:34 AM

Hey, why don't you target India or Pakistan or India? They're way more crap than us....
And I don't mean target Pakistan as the Talibans do...

Chasing 400 against Canada is like chasing 150 against us...how is it the afghan bowlers were bad enough to actually allow Canada to set that target?

Anyway, you prob a troll...who got frustrated coz u cant get layd..

nahaz
February 24, 2010, 12:38 AM
Just have Shahariar Nafees play against them and he'll score 502*...you would have to drag him out of the field if you declare before that...our batsmen are too aggressive in general, but Afghans would be lucky to score more than 150 in either innings..don't underestimate our team. We will overtake WI in 4 years' time.

kalpurush
February 24, 2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks for your reply. ya, i believe the difference between Afghan team and Bd team is not that much.
Afim khaoyer pore emoni money hoy!:lol:

ma_o_mati
February 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
with the literacy rate of around 28%, you can't expect more manners. They are mostly fat-headed and values owning a piece of property or restaurant much more than having an education at higher level. Once this afghani guy was laughing when he heard that I was doing Masters in accounting. He said he didnt go to college, he and his 14 other siblings has restaurant business...pathetic