View Full Version : Congratulations Sachin!! First man to score 200 in ODI

Nadim
February 24, 2010, 07:43 AM
you done it SRT.:notworthy:

Congrats:clap::notworthy::bravo::clap::clap::notwo rthy::bravo:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA

Miraz
February 24, 2010, 07:44 AM
I must admit he is the best man to hold this record. First batsman to score 200 runs in ODI. Well done!!

Congrats!!

al-Sagar
February 24, 2010, 07:46 AM
it had to be you. the first ever ODI 200
congratz

fellow batsmen in the world, now try to break this if u can

Miraz
February 24, 2010, 07:48 AM
It was fun to watch Dhoni onslaught when Tendulkar was on 199* :)

al-Sagar
February 24, 2010, 07:50 AM
need some merging moderators.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32509

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32511

_Rafi_
February 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
IM0, he is the Bradman of ODI.
Congrats Sachin
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

banindfan
February 24, 2010, 08:10 AM
After scoring the first ever double century in an ODI..This man continues to amaze us..
Lets celebrate the cricketing moment!!

raf-stah
February 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
im just glad he was around in my lifetime.

Nocturnal
February 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
hell ya! this double ton only suits SIR TENDULKAR!! Congrats Master Blaster!!
200 not out off 147!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

and only SRT can screw crapinfo. that's what I'm getting while trying to access it now-
"Gateway Timeout
The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
Reference #1.75556acb.1267016982.96a9c6e"

PoorFan
February 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
The man deserve to be the 'Only One' on this cricket universe, long live.

hoodlum
February 24, 2010, 08:23 AM
SRT take a bow...

Naimul_Hd
February 24, 2010, 08:29 AM
any word will come short to describe his this achievement. He is truly our Modern Bradman. He doesnt need any adjectives, he is an adjective himself !

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::great::great:

Tiger Manc
February 24, 2010, 08:32 AM
Well done lad! Take a bow son, take a bow.

Naimul_Hd
February 24, 2010, 08:33 AM
there is already a congratulation thread in Intl cricket section. so go there paid ur respect to this little genius ! :)

mona
February 24, 2010, 08:36 AM
Congrats to the little master! He totally deserves it.

Kana-Baba
February 24, 2010, 08:38 AM
If anyone on this earth deserved the pride of making 200 runs in ODI, then it surely would have been Sachin. Guess what, he just did it!

Congrats!

MohammedC
February 24, 2010, 08:41 AM
Dhurr I wanted coventry to stay up there.

Well done SRT.

Ashfaq
February 24, 2010, 08:42 AM
Can't find words to describe this innings. Brutal yet invigorating. Stable yet destructive, breathtaking yet calming. Tendulkar is an artist with the bat. A true master. Other wielder of the willow will probably forever catchup with this cricket god.

Ashfaq
February 24, 2010, 08:43 AM
He's dedication personified. Someone to aspire to for all professional.

goru
February 24, 2010, 08:44 AM
What was up with MSD continually taking strike away from Tendulkar on 199? If it wasn't for Amla saving the boundary, Tendulkar might not have gotten the chance to get to 200!

This is taking "team first" way to the extreme on MSD's part! I mean he's sitting on 199 FFS!

Go_Bangladesh
February 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
Fantastic, it had to be him that broke this landmark, I became a cricket fan watching him from the early days when he went through many games where he would score 84 and get out and then I remember the day when he got his first hundred, I dont remember against which team but he scored 115. can you imagine we nearly made sure it was Charles Coventry.

Nocturnal
February 24, 2010, 08:51 AM
What was up with MSD continually taking strike away from Tendulkar on 199? If it wasn't for Amla saving the boundary, Tendulkar might not have gotten the chance to get to 200!

This is taking "team first" way to the extreme on MSD's part! I mean he's sitting on 199 FFS!

I was screming infront of the TV sets!! my wife wanted him to slap!! :-p
anyways, it's all good. SRT got what he deserves most! 200 the magic figure - @ odi number 2962!!

Purbasha T
February 24, 2010, 08:58 AM
Tendulkar who????

Edit: :notworthy: Salam Sachin bai, kya haal hain?! do golla golla (2 0 0) banali apne.

dolcevita
February 24, 2010, 09:10 AM
Sachin deserves it , if only he can inspire the fool of BD cricket (ash)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Sachin is the best batsman of last decade

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2010, 09:30 AM
So the bar has been raised by the most deserving. He is having an unbelievable run at this age. Against an attack which can take the placid pitches out of the equation. Hats of Sachin.

shuziburo
February 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
Sachin deserves it , if only he can inspire the fool of BD cricket (ash)

Sachin is the best batsman of last decade

I am beginning to think that such inspiration might be among the very few things that Sachin cannot do on a cricket field.

Nadim
February 24, 2010, 09:41 AM
opps.

Mod's plz move this thread to INT section. Thank you.

Sohel
February 24, 2010, 09:45 AM
Honored to be alive during his reign ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

nasimul
February 24, 2010, 10:10 AM
He deserves to hold this record. Congrats!!!

banindfan
February 24, 2010, 10:11 AM
Your GRANDAD

Tendulkar who????

Edit: :notworthy: Salam Sachin bai, kya haal hain?! do golla golla (2 0 0) banali apne.

ialbd
February 24, 2010, 10:15 AM
exactly.... if there is anyone right now who deserves an unbeaten 200 in ODI its SRT....

congrats on getting the most elusive odi score....

akabir77
February 24, 2010, 10:43 AM
Thank god its not against Bangladesh or else all hell would get ...

Kana-Baba
February 24, 2010, 10:56 AM
Sachin 200 in ODI
Lara 400 in Test
Lara 501 in First Class.

guess what, the best person in each format holds the record ... I would like to see this stays unbroken forever.

magic boy
February 24, 2010, 10:56 AM
i was remembering some incidents when he was in hundred. he was suffering from tennis elbow injury. nobody wished him to come back. he was used to be callled the-end-ul-car by people. he failed and failed in national league but gradually come back to cricket. without big mouthing unlike other indian cricketers. and he made some points here. he's someone different. most important one- size doesn't matter. lol:)
congrats..... :applause:

nycpro96
February 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
Sachin will always be the best. What a cricketer. Round of applause for him please. :D

Xavier
February 24, 2010, 11:35 AM
Great achievement for Tendulkar, maybe best ODI batsman ever... I'm sorry for Charles Coventry as he's not record holder anymore! :-p

Purbasha T
February 24, 2010, 11:38 AM
Your GRANDAD

Didn't you read my whole post???

And he can't be my granddad anyway. My granddad, were he alive, would've been more than twice as old as Sachin is atm. :-p

AsifTheManRahman
February 24, 2010, 11:58 AM
RESPECT from every molecule in me. What is most impressive about his career is that he seems to be getting better with age. Heck he could be in his forties and still be the best batsman in the team.

Tendulkar >> ROW combined. ">>".

aniksh1
February 24, 2010, 11:59 AM
Congrats to Sachin Tendulkar.....

He deserves to hold that record....

Beamer
February 24, 2010, 12:02 PM
Congratulations Sachin. You are a legend.

Equinox
February 24, 2010, 12:17 PM
Can't think of anyone more deserving of this record. Greatest ODI player of all time.

revolver
February 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
mashallah...i wished it was him or hashim amla, those 2 are my favourite international players

cricket_pagol
February 24, 2010, 12:27 PM
Congrats Sachin!!! You deserved it.

bujhee kom
February 24, 2010, 12:28 PM
A big congratas to the Maestro! The legend SRT, respect and heart-felt salaam for you mahan huzoor!

Rabz
February 24, 2010, 01:08 PM
The Man, The Legend, The Myth that is Sachin Tendulkar.
Take a bow world.
Take a good long bow.

Priviledged to live in an era where we saw Sachin bat.

Ganesh
February 24, 2010, 01:19 PM
A big congratas to the Maestro! The legend SRT, respect and heart-felt salaam for you mahan huzoor!

Congrats!. I still rate Anwar's 194 higher than this. It was terribly hot and humind in Chennai when Anwar made his record. It was just killing.

Beamer
February 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
Congrats!. I still rate Anwar's 194 higher than this. It was terribly hot and humind in Chennai when Anwar made his record. It was just killing.

200 is such a milestone that its hard to compare! Anwar was a great one day player. But, Sachin doing what he did at this age, against that SA attack, and for that magical 200 number alone, I have to put this ahead of any innings.

My fav ODI innings : 185 IVA Richards in '87 WC. Remember that he didn't open. Also, the PP's, field restrictions were not there.

Nocturnal
February 24, 2010, 01:39 PM

just for the sake of argument, Anwar took a runner for most part of that innings but for Sachin- he started the innings and finished it without any runner!!

auntu
February 24, 2010, 01:43 PM
Congrats Sir! You deserve this record.
King of cricket.

smashyboy
February 24, 2010, 01:46 PM

What are you yapping about man. He had a dropped chance. He had a by runner for 75% of his innings. This is a much superior bowling attack.

al Furqaan
February 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
amazing s**t...can't help but feel envious!

only question is, who was the greatest ODI bat ever VIV or SRT? SRT is seriously making the case!!!

al Furqaan
February 24, 2010, 02:09 PM
200 is such a milestone that its hard to compare! Anwar was a great one day player. But, Sachin doing what he did at this age, against that SA attack, and for that magical 200 number alone, I have to put this ahead of any innings.

My fav ODI innings : 185 IVA Richards in '87 WC. Remember that he didn't open. Also, the PP's, field restrictions were not there.

ahh forgot about the PPs and restrictions...Sir Viv it is!

smashyboy
February 24, 2010, 02:19 PM

You mean 181 against Asantha demel and co. That was such a rubbish bowling attack.
I think you are talking about his 189 against England. Not that was a good bowling attack. But that was a better innings than his 181. There are so many good innings better than that 181. I would rate Kapil dev's 175 much better than either of Viv's innings because it came when India was 17 for 5.

Ganesh
February 24, 2010, 02:46 PM
What are you yapping about man. He had a dropped chance. He had a by runner for 75% of his innings. This is a much superior bowling attack.

No need to get worked up dude. I was stating my opinion on this. Heat is a huge factor however. Back in 1998, India played Kenya in Gwalior during peak summer. India ended up losing the game.

Yeah Anwar took a runner(not 75% as you state). But come on, it was one of the hottest days on a very humid condition as well. It was played in peak Chennai summer. It is bloody killing. And it was a India Pakistan contest and Independence cup that. I don't think this is a much better bowling attack. Barring Steyn, the attack is actually ordinary and India had Kumble. Those were different times. 400 was unheard of in odis then.

Someone mentioned Richards. Richard's 189* vs England 1984 was another superlative knock. 100+ run partnership with Holding for 10th wicket of which Holding made 12*. Second highest scorer was Eldine Baptist who made 26.

Well done Sachin all the same. Hats off to him.

Beamer
February 24, 2010, 02:48 PM
You mean 181 against Asantha demel and co. That was such a rubbish bowling attack.
I think you are talking about his 189 against England. Not that was a good bowling attack. But that was a better innings than his 181. There are so many good innings better than that 181. I would rate Kapil dev's 175 much better than either of Viv's innings because it came when India was 17 for 5.

Yeah the WC 181 one vs SL. My personal fav. Just personal. I didn't see the one vs England. Saw some highlights. But, didn't they play 60 overs back then? I could be wrong.

I have already said 200 is untouchable. Probably the best innings ever.

al- Viv Richards is my favorite of all time. I am biased.

Beamer
February 24, 2010, 03:03 PM
Ok.. correction . 189 came against Eng in '84. I was thinking about his WC'79 score of 138 against England ( 60 over match ). His 181 vs SL ( my fav ) came at his usual no.4 spot. SL attack wasn't the best at those times, considering DeMel, Ratnaiyake, Arunasiri were just avg. The reason i liked Viv because in those days, such high scores were abnormal, yet he had a few 180's to his name. If he played in this era, he would have broken the 200 mark. Anyway, no point comparing Viv and Sachin. Both are legends of the game. Sachin has the mountain of stats backing him. But, Viv's average of 48 in ODI's in that era is nothing short of spectacular.

Shaan
February 24, 2010, 03:20 PM
the right person has done the job of his own caliber, well done Sir SACHIN !! salute !!

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2010, 03:22 PM
Everyone have their favorites!! Mine is Tamim's banging in the WC and then Shakib cleaning things up with Mushi holding steady in the middle!! :) When grown men cry, there has to be something mistical about it.

Shaan
February 24, 2010, 03:26 PM

I think you are one of those Pakistanis who think every of their players are the best and their team is the number one in the world despite they sucks these days, for those bunch [edit] Sachin is a per batsman. Give me a break [edit]!!

Murad
February 24, 2010, 03:43 PM
Congrats Old Man.

dolcevita
February 24, 2010, 04:12 PM
He deserves it
Take a bow sir
He is nice modeste person

deshifan
February 24, 2010, 05:07 PM
Congratulations to little master. :clap: :clap:
Awesome innings indeed.

Ganesh
February 24, 2010, 05:44 PM
I think you are one of those Pakistanis who think every of their players are the best and their team is the number one in the world despite they sucks these days, for those [edit] Sachin is a per batsman. Give me a break [edit]!!

Me a Pakistani? Good joke! I have always enjoyed seeing Pakistan lose every game :-). Sachin kicking Pakistan in 2003 was one of the happiest moment for me. I still cherish the way Sachin hit sixes of Qadir when he was just 16 after Qadir tried to taunt him and shut up Qadir for good. Now that itself makes me very Indian. If this were a politican forum, I would be dissing Pakistan for its terror infrastructure. Now all that being said, I do stand by my opinion. Alright?

Jesus87
February 24, 2010, 05:52 PM
Sachin the living legend, no one can compete with you. Congrats

RazabQ
February 24, 2010, 06:00 PM
Let's not get into a slagging contest. Let's respect that one of the greatest ambassadors for the game now owns the record for the most runs. Tendulkar's hunger for runs, his talent and his ability stay, mostly, humble is admirable. Our players should attempt to emulate him.

Final thought, even CI conceded that shirt-front pitches and one-sided contests where bowlers are cannon-fodder do nothing for the game.

Zobair
February 24, 2010, 07:00 PM
What a champion...and what a role model for aspiring cricketers around the world...regardless of nationality! Take a bow sire!

Kabir
February 24, 2010, 07:29 PM
YouTube, BC, and all cricket forums are filled with India vs Pak fights.

For God's sake guys...some people can't just take athletes for athletes. Anwar was one of the best we've ever seen. So is Sachin.

Some comments here really make me sick. Some folks really need to learn basic manners.

On the topic: Little master's mastery...smoked the $hit out of the Saffers...couldn't have been more enjoyable.

Roni_uk
February 24, 2010, 07:50 PM
and hence he is my favourite player....

lucky it wasn't against us :)

Congratulations little master!

One World
February 24, 2010, 09:32 PM
Inhuman clubbing, bad memories for Steyn and Gong.

Sachin, the player I have watched most has made it.

Akib
February 24, 2010, 10:48 PM
Who else but Sachin deserves this.

Best ODI batsman EVER!

Great knock.

Zeeshan
February 24, 2010, 11:04 PM
A finely crafted artistic innings with wood, elan vital flowing through every genome in his body, he is a master at what he does. And as the presenter mentioned, Sachin said to be successful one has to accept oneself and then one can truly go for something beyond himself.

An absolute honor to be present in this lifetime to witness this even if it was from highlights. He is a genius of the highest order!

Banglatiger84
February 24, 2010, 11:55 PM
I feel it was tougher for Saeed Anwar because:

1) He didnt get the powerplays that Sachin did

2) He scored 194 on Pakistan's arch rival's ground. Sachin had the support of the whole stadium, while Anwar was virtually on enemy territory, (although the Chennai crowd was magnanimous in the end)

One World
February 25, 2010, 01:01 AM
There were three flaws. One run out was close but got BOD fairly. A first slip catch fell short of the away fielder and the most close one was an inside edge went down to four through leg-side. Now for such a monumental innings those incidents are still surprisingly in low number. I really felt bad for RSA bowlers. Was it the same Wayne Parnel who was reversing the ball like a magician during the T20 WC? What happened to Steyn? The whole innings was like a 20-over encounter going on. You could tell by the look on Kallis face when this thrashing stopped, how unhappy he was. Also enjoyed it when Boucher shook hand as Tendu crossed Anwar. Good men.

mahbubH
February 25, 2010, 05:10 AM
congratulations.. SRT deserves it the most.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 05:57 AM
who will be the next ????

Surfer
February 25, 2010, 07:01 AM

No one. For a long time.

MysoreHuli
February 25, 2010, 07:16 AM

ok. next time we can ask sachin to bat in a stadium built in the middle of sahara desert.

_Rafi_
February 25, 2010, 07:16 AM
No one. For a long time.
Sehwag or Chris Gayle in next world cup?
Now a days it is very much possible to score double century with the help of extra powerplay overs and shorter boundary.

Surfer
February 25, 2010, 07:20 AM
Sehwag or Chris Gayle in next world cup?
Now a days it is very much possible to score double century with the help of extra powerplay overs and shorter boundary.

Isn't that why we see a 200 every other day?

DawnPatrol
February 25, 2010, 08:40 AM
I feel it was tougher for Saeed Anwar because:

1) He didnt get the powerplays that Sachin did

2) He scored 194 on Pakistan's arch rival's ground. Sachin had the support of the whole stadium, while Anwar was virtually on enemy territory, (although the Chennai crowd was magnanimous in the end)

Except that Anwar had a runner for the better part of his innings. He wouldn't have lasted a fourth of that had he been refused one.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 12:34 PM

Tamim Iqbal against India or Afghanistan

Kabir
February 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
Tamim Iqbal against India

Now that looks right!

simon
February 25, 2010, 02:04 PM
Sir Tendulkar,u r the best!:wave:

_Rafi_
February 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
Isn't that why we see a 200 every other day?
if we can see 400+ score in every other day than why not 200:)
in WC big teams will play against teams like Netherland, Kenya, Canada in those Indian highway pitches. So its not entirely impossible.

One World
February 25, 2010, 08:42 PM
Tendulkar does not have an ODI century against Bangladesh.

Purbasha T
February 26, 2010, 09:12 AM
Tendulkar does not have an ODI century against Bangladesh.

Minnow-basher :-p

Surfer
February 26, 2010, 01:14 PM
if we can see 400+ score in every other day than why not 200:)
in WC big teams will play against teams like Netherland, Kenya, Canada in those Indian highway pitches. So its not entirely impossible.

I would love to come to your planet and see the cricket where 400+ team scores and 200+ individual scores come every other day. In our not so talented planet, the former has happened only nine times and the later- only once.

Alien
February 28, 2010, 08:18 AM
I bet our Ashraful was one of the firsts to ring and congratulate him.