PDA

View Full Version : Nazimuddin ... ... ...

al-Sagar
February 24, 2010, 11:04 AM
when we talk about ICL returnees we are always talking about the likes of Aftab, kapali, SN and sometimes habibul bashar.

but have we forgotten Nazimuddin. he is another powerful hitter, whose playing style is similar to aftab. has playes 7 odis and 7 t20s for bd and had that 81 against pakistan.
he also has a good FC record 8 centuries and 20 half-centuries.

looks like he is having the best form from the ICL returnees and scored two centuries in recent days.

perhaps could be our man in no 3 in tests and odi

rahat90
February 24, 2010, 11:17 AM
he might get the odd century or double century, but hes just not consistent enough.
yes you got it right, he's like aftab. we dont need another aftab like player in the bd team atm
we need another mahmudullah type player....

Tiger444
February 24, 2010, 11:20 AM
when we talk about ICL returnees we are always talking about the likes of Aftab, kapali, SN and sometimes habibul bashar.

but have we forgotten Nazimuddin. he is another powerful hitter, whose playing style is similar to aftab. has playes 7 odis and 7 t20s for bd and had that 81 against pakistan.
he also has a good FC record 8 centuries and 20 half-centuries.

looks like he is having the best form from the ICL returnees and scored two centuries in recent days.

perhaps could be our man in no 3 in tests and odi

We should not rush him back in2 the team..yes he's a very talented player..but he got a good amount of chances and really was a bust..Also that 2 centuries and no half centuries in 12 innings isn't very good even in the NCL..it shows when he can click then he can be great but he is not consistent enough..he's got improve on that but it seems he could have a bright future if he works on his technique and footwork..

Tiger Manc
February 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
That's a good point. He's only got 2 50+ scores in 12 innings, compared to Faisal Hossain who has got 7 50+ scores.

hbk619
February 24, 2010, 11:36 AM
international players want to play IPL type of league rather than playing English county cricket. Players like Aftab/Nazimuddin/Ashraful/SN/ Kapali can take part in English county cricket. Ontoto kichu to shikhte partbe tara.

Tigers_eye
February 24, 2010, 11:38 AM
yes you got it right, he's like aftab. ....
Not even close. Go see what Aftab did in local leagues in his entire career. Compare that with Nazimuddin. Nazimuddin is among the boys who had to bathe in ICE water (drum). Observer did burn him at an early age. Whereas, Aftab got it made thus dodging every oppotunity he gets.

BD-Shardul
February 24, 2010, 12:05 PM
Who wants a 'destroyer' in the team? :D

**Suddenly missing BCF.

Tiger444
February 24, 2010, 12:23 PM
Not even close. Go see what Aftab did in local leagues in his entire career. Compare that with Nazimuddin. Nazimuddin is among the boys who had to bathe in ICE water (drum). Observer did burn him at an early age. Whereas, Aftab got it made thus dodging every oppotunity he gets.

Ya thats definitely tru..Nazimuddin is no aftab..i think aftab should get his chance in the england series but aftab for me doesn't seem like he'll have a future on the national team..i think nazimuddin does but he's really gotta improve..i still remember how pissed siddons was whenever Nazimuddin was gettin out..it was just painful 2 watch..but imrul was the very same way when he came in and now he's been very successful..i think 1 more year in the NCL and he performs, he should be in the team if he plays consistently..he averages a 40 in his overall career in the NCL..while aftab just averages a 32..again let him prove himself in domestics and be consistent..once he does that he should be called back..

Nocturnal
February 24, 2010, 12:32 PM
ewww! nazimuddin.....a big NO!!

Rabz
February 24, 2010, 01:23 PM
I thought he is already a gone case.
Never wanted him in the team and he is yet to prove me wrong.

Purbasha T
February 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
[বাংলা]হামার নাতি একজন মুদি
হের নাম নাদিমুদি।[/বাংলা]

billah
February 24, 2010, 02:39 PM
In many ways, a carbon copy of Aftab - Nazimudding will need to completely reform himself with solid batting before the selectors consider him.

M.H.Rubel
February 24, 2010, 04:31 PM
he might get the odd century or double century, but hes just not consistent enough.
yes you got it right, he's like aftab. we dont need another aftab like player in the bd team atm
we need another mahmudullah type player....

Nazimuddin=Aftab Version3.0
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

rashed411
February 24, 2010, 05:40 PM
source - the daily star (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=127752)

SCOREBOARD
RAJSHAHI V KHULNA
RAJSHAHI: First innings 269 for 9 (dec)
and Second innings (overnight 50-1) 221 for 6 (in 67.4 overs)
(Zahurul 54, Sabbir 76, Forhad 23, Anisur 24, extras 22; Rasel 2-56, Dollar 2-52).
KHULNA: First innings 243 all out.

so, end of day 3 Rajshahi lead by 247 runs with 4 wkts in hand!!

CHITTAGONG V DHAKA
CHITTAGONG: First innings 312 all out
and Second innings 325 for 8 (in 90 overs)
(Salahuddin 20, Mahbubul 19, Nazimuddin 136, Faisal 59, Arman 32, Sunny 25 not out, extras 20; Rony 2-27, Ashraful 2-32, Nadif 2-64).
DHAKA: First innings 239 all out.

So, end of day 3 ctg lead by 398 runs and 2 wkt in hand!!

another century by nazimuddin :-p

Ajfar
February 24, 2010, 07:10 PM
I don't think he can do better or worse than Zunaed in number 3. so might as well stick to what we have.

One World
February 24, 2010, 09:17 PM
ewww! nazimuddin.....a big NO!!

Wanna elaborate a bit :).

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 12:09 AM
I still think he's shite but would love to have him and others prove me wrong.

Nazim:Dddin is showing signs of intelligence, and doing what he must to score big consistently. Let him keep up the good work, prove himself in the A Team, and demonstrate that he's more than just a forsha version Aftab.

Nocturnal
February 25, 2010, 12:21 AM
Wanna elaborate a bit :).

I've seen him playing few odi and quite a few ICl t20.....and sad to say he is the worst top order player I've seen in any international / ICL level...... just can't forget those awww moments while my jaws were dropped, eyes popped out and thinking what was he doing here!!
remember this is only my opinion (and may be Antora apur too..lol)! :)

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 12:25 AM
I've seen him playing few odi and quite a few ICl t20.....and sad to say he is the worst top order player I've seen in any international / ICL level...... just can't forget those awww moments while my jaws were dropped, eyes popped out and thinking what was he doing here!!
remember this is only my opinion (and may be Antora apur too..lol)! :)

True that! The only thing missing from his fugly hoik shot is a lunghi hoisted over the knees and and pan in his mouth. Add a missing brain from the cranium and you have the classic R:Dk:Dn 2.0 we'd rather not see anymore.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 12:30 AM
I still think he's shite but would love to have him and others prove me wrong.

Nazim:Dddin is showing signs of intelligence, and doing what he must to score big consistently. Let him keep up the good work, prove himself in the A Team, and demonstrate that he's more than just a forsha version Aftab.

he is an aggressive player but also can stay in the crease for long time. thats a good thing.

Sohel
February 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
@offstump: I'm sure you'd consider the monumental gap between the highest level and the shite wickets he's performing on, often facing shite bowlers. The fact that others fail where he succeeds doesn't change that fact. Maybe A Team cricket can bridge that gap and prepare our domestic performers better for the highest level ... :)

One World
February 25, 2010, 12:43 AM
Hmm the way we are bashing NCL, Rokibul making 300 was also a fluke then. Good to know about Nazimuddin. Inside stories are always good. So do we keep high hopes on Saklain Sajib or just another performer on vis-a vis.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 12:46 AM
@offstump: I'm sure you'd consider the monumental gap between the highest level and the shite wickets he's performing on, often facing shite bowlers. The fact that others fail where he succeeds doesn't change that fact. Maybe A Team cricket can bridge that gap and prepare our domestic performers better for the highest level ... :)

not only A team. also B team and a under 19 squad should be formed and send on tours to play FC matches.

until then we have to look at people who are playing on those shite wickets against shite bowlers.

Gowza
February 25, 2010, 01:05 AM
not only A team. also B team and a under 19 squad should be formed and send on tours to play FC matches.

until then we have to look at people who are playing on those shite wickets against shite bowlers.

they could get an u23 team to go on tours as well but i guess that's similar to the academy team...but yeah they should be getting teams to tour other places, like why can't they send a team to australia atm? it's the aussie cricket season.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 01:11 AM
they could get an u23 team to go on tours as well but i guess that's similar to the academy team...but yeah they should be getting teams to tour other places, like why can't they send a team to australia atm? it's the aussie cricket season.

after completion of NCL, performers should be rewarded with chances to play in A team, u-23, u-19 and perhaps a over25 team

Quasimodo
February 25, 2010, 01:14 AM
I say, we definately need more teams in domestic and make out two leagues like england... that way we can actually see the 2nd tier players falling off... (yes i consider nazimuddin second tier)

dolcevita
February 25, 2010, 02:34 AM
We should give their chance to player from U19 they are the future
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

fais
February 25, 2010, 02:53 AM
no consistency

Gowza
February 25, 2010, 03:25 AM
nazimuddin has always been a big scorer domestically and despite people saying that he's inconsistent he has always been consistent in domestic FC cricket. a couple of years ago he was averaging 37/38 and this season with the double hundred and this recent hundred he's building it back up to 37/38 (think it was in the 36s before this match). in list A's he's always been inconsistent, he seems to be somewhat like faisal, consistent domestically despite major flaws in his game, flaws that we found out immediately when he got given a chance in the national team.

this is where the selectors need to be going around and watching players very carefully during the DPL and NCL matches. it's not just about consistency, the selectors need to make sure the players have the technique to survive at international level and they have to make sure the talent and attitude and mental toughness is there before selecting someone. one thing that is very tough to judge is whether the players have the eye to pick up the ball early enough and to judge what it's going to do at the international level, that's something that is kind of a wait and see once they've been selected, obviously make sure they can do it domestically but it gets harder at the international level.

Purbasha T
February 25, 2010, 04:41 AM
no consistency

Nadimudi: ''...who cares??!! I hit sixes off Bond :smug:''

Me: :-|

Naimul_Hd
February 25, 2010, 05:20 AM
I wish if we could have any right handed TAMIM ! :|

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 03:55 AM
after completion of NCL, performers should be rewarded with chances to play in A team, u-23, u-19 and perhaps a over25 team

The age-based and academy teams play other age-based and academy teams and get more games than our A Team. There's a huge gap between the highest level and the age-based and academy teams also.

The A Team is the reserve team of the senior side and shouldn't be lumped together with the age-based and academy teams, and our A Team should be scheduled to play a LOT more to better develop and equip our domestic performers. Only that can give them a better chance of succeeding at the highest level. In the meantime, let the guys in the senior side continue to learn on the job unless they 1) continue to fail and get worse like Motin, or 2) lack the basic hand-eye coordination to sight quality deliveries early, find gaps and rotate the strike with ease, like DA ROK ... :)

The revolving door/JDJ has never worked in the past will never work in the future IMHO.

FagunerAgun
February 26, 2010, 09:24 PM
I had a big expectation from Nazimuddin, but unfortunately, he kept on suffering from inconsistency.
Still expect he will be back in our T/20 team and present us some entertaining batting spells.

Dhruvo
February 27, 2010, 12:01 PM
Nazimuddin just sucks. Even Javed Omar was better than him.

auntu
February 27, 2010, 01:42 PM
Nazimuddin just sucks. Even Javed Omar was better than him.
No doubt.

Antora
February 27, 2010, 08:44 PM
Oh my goodness! why?
Did you not watch him bat so terribly in Asia cup? Did you not watch any of his games?
Watching him bat hurts my precious eyes!!! It blinds me!!!
okay yes he scored a 100...but thats not going to change my opinion on how terrible he is! I don't even think I can call him a batsmen... like ewww!

bujhee kom
February 27, 2010, 10:18 PM
Nazimuddin I think is from Chittagong!

Antora
February 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
Nazimuddin I think is from Chittagong!

yes he is. Thats a disgrace to Tamim Iqbal =\

( yes, i really don't like Nazimuddin)

Tiger444
February 28, 2010, 12:21 AM
Its just unbelievable..the guy didnt do good in the asia cup true..but bashing him like hes a **** player? Cmon now hes got a much better average then Aftab in domestic FC cricket and yet people think of aftab as a good batsman and Nazim as complete trash..i bet if nazim got as many chances he would do as good or better then aftab..the guy had scored big on many occasions in domestics at least..aftab cant score in any form of game..it mite seem like im an aftab hater but i do like aftab but people overrating him like this is just getting me on my nerves..

Antora
February 28, 2010, 12:56 AM
Its just unbelievable..the guy didnt do good in the asia cup true..but bashing him like hes a **** player? Cmon now hes got a much better average then Aftab in domestic FC cricket and yet people think of aftab as a good batsman and Nazim as complete trash..i bet if nazim got as many chances he would do as good or better then aftab..the guy had scored big on many occasions in domestics at least..aftab cant score in any form of game..it mite seem like im an aftab hater but i do like aftab but people overrating him like this is just getting me on my nerves..

TBH, I don't rate aftab very high either. Players like aftab and nazim should go play 6 a side. I wasn't aware of the fact that Nazim had a better average =O.but ye I have something against that guy. It's as if we were born to hate each other.
I've just had enough of irresponsible batsmen like Aftab, Ash and nazim.
I agree that Aftab can not score in any from of the game. I was shocked to see him in the test squad for NZ. He clearly does not have the talent to play test! Nor can he score in ODIS. He even sucks at the Cr@ppy from of cricket ( T20). But the again, i don't see any talent in Nazimuddin. If slogging in the 2nd over and getting out like an idiot is considered 'talent", then I rather untalented players in the team!:mad: yes one can say that tamim does that, but at least tamim does it in style and can actually get away with it unlike Nazim. I know that all our players have a tendancy to get out like an idiot, but there is a difference between getting out like an idiot in the 20th over and getting out in the 1st or 2nd one. Yes, even the best batsmen in the world at times get out in the 1st over, but they way he gets himself out !? uff.
Anyway, i guess i am just a Nazim basher and will probably never like him and nothing can make me like him.

Tiger444
February 28, 2010, 01:10 AM
TBH, I don't rate aftab very high either. Players like aftab and nazim should go play 6 a side. I wasn't aware of the fact that Nazim had a better average =O.but ye I have something against that guy. It's as if we were born to hate each other.
I've just had enough of irresponsible batsmen like Aftab, Ash and nazim.
I agree that Aftab can not score in any from of the game. I was shocked to see him in the test squad for NZ. He clearly does not have the talent to play test! Nor can he score in ODIS. He even sucks at the Cr@ppy from of cricket ( T20). But the again, i don't see any talent in Nazimuddin. If slogging in the 2nd over and getting out like an idiot is considered 'talent", then I rather untalented players in the team!:mad: yes one can say that tamim does that, but at least tamim does it in style and can actually get away with it unlike Nazim. I know that all our players have a tendancy to get out like an idiot, but there is a difference between getting out like an idiot in the 20th over and getting out in the 1st or 2nd one. Yes, even the best batsmen in the world at times get out in the 1st over, but they way he gets himself out !? uff.
Anyway, i guess i am just a Nazim basher and will probably never like him and nothing can make me like him.

wow apa you really hate the guy lol..the fact is he has an average of a 40 in FC cricket with 9 centuries..that is a whole lot of tons..so the guy must have talent..otherwise he would not be averaging so high..the problem is he has big time technique and footwork problems that really hold him back..to be a great batsman technique is extremely important otherwise youll struggle in international cricket..i would not bring him back just yet but i think 1 more of performing in the DPL and NCL and this guy should get a chance again..but i agree on the part of having irresponsible batsmen..we need 2 find batsmen that are not only talented, but also have a cool head and are willing to work hard and try 2 improve their deficiencies..

BANFAN
February 28, 2010, 01:24 AM
I'm not a fan on nazimuddin; but the label of inconsistency is too harsh by BD standard. How can you even say on the basis of 7 ODIS that he is inconsistant? Our most of the top orders have failed to make a 50+ score in every 7 matches. Be it Aftab, Junaid, Imrul, Rok, Ash, .....

I think he really didnt get enough time to improve & get settled in National Team, like the above. In fact I would have preferred him over Aftab, any day. He has better defense than Aftab and in attacking strokes they are similar. That's the reason he reaches to biger scores, much more often than Aftab.

However shitie the domestic pitches & bowlers are; It's not fair to discredit someone for scoring big there, while every/most players tries to do the same without success.

Tiger Manc
February 28, 2010, 11:24 AM
Never mind Nazimuddin, Nadimuddin scored 147 today!

al-Sagar
April 13, 2010, 10:59 PM
35 of 21 vs dhaka
33 of 25 against rajshahi and given controversially out, and he was playing actually responsible cautious cricket

Zeeshan
April 14, 2010, 12:28 AM
I have been a great admirer of Nazim. He has potential, aggressiveness like Tamim and is a big hitter. What he doesn't have are technique and temperment WHICH can be developed.

See problem with our cricket is not that there is dearth of talent...but the fact that we don't nurture and cultivate them. Nazim impressed me lot with his ICL brutality. A great fan, I think some coach needs to work with him more closely and help him finetune his technique and 'find his natural game'.

See it's just like school. First you select a major. Then zone in on it. Complete AA. Then BA. Then phD. You don't just try to master all the known fields of anthropology, say, like try to get degrees in all the known tribes of the world for instance.

Similarly, we need to select a handful of delta force like squad, and some coaches need to spend some time on them, work closely, zone in on their weaknesses and difficulty and fine tune their skills.

But noooooooo.....the moment we get bored of a player, we put him on crucible and ask for another. Again, enters a player with enormous talent but soon we get bored because he can't deliver. So what do we do? Yup that's right. Get another prodigy or sensation. And hence the recuriosn starts...

And we b!tch about of not knowing where our problem lies? Smfh. Imagine taking the current lot and groom them up by scrutinzing their faults over and over again getting rid of their bad faults and techniques...and we should have a pretty deadly WC 2011 squad.

This is how a team is made. Constraint is the key to creativity; freedom is not. Alas! We got too much degree of freedom because every now and then someone arises with tons of talent in domestic squad but no hard work, determination or perseverance.

Even the greatest geniuses need years and years of familirization of their subject before they get intuitively natural with them. It's not done overnight. I think this is what Siddons mean when he talks about long term goals...but nooooooooo we fans want a short term quick fix. (I allude to my ten years to become an expert thread.)

In summary, GIVE NAZIM A CHANCE!!!!

p.s. and my god antora, you amused me. normally you write like one liner with w00t w00t or L0L comment but you really let it go when it comes to nazim. Orphy would be impressed. tomake nazim er sathe biye koriye dibo! :P

M.H.Rubel
April 14, 2010, 03:50 AM
Zeesham i do agree with you we need to sort out some players like Nazimuddin and need to work with them.One thing i like about him is he has a marvelous reflex and timing.He need to work on his technique specially foot work.I do hope that he will do well in future but onething is a big concern is why his list A average is so poor.
Farhad Hosain,Jahurul and Nazimuddin all have very good FC RECORD but their list A record is very poor,i can not find any good reason behind him.

Bond
April 14, 2010, 04:06 AM
I agree with Zeeshan, i want him in the T20 squad also he plays well against Pakistan

nura43
April 14, 2010, 04:09 AM
If Nazimuddin is as talented (?) as Aftab then no Nazimuddin please.

bujhee kom
April 14, 2010, 06:46 PM
There is a place called Khaja Nazimuddin Road, I wonder if our Nazimuddin ever visited that area!

Zeeshan
April 14, 2010, 06:48 PM
There is a place called Khaja Nazimuddin Road, I wander if our Nazimuddin ever visited that area!

:outbad:

Don't get Ali Maxed! :doh:

Sohel
April 14, 2010, 10:16 PM
I'm 1000% with my bhagni Antora in this one. Nazim:Dddin was shite 2 years ago, is shite now and will be shite as long as GOD keeps him alive. He was born with chronic cerebral flatulence and an IQ of 70. The combination should not only take him out contention when it comes to International cricket, all 3 formats, but makes him dangerous when some think he deserves a chance in spite of those temperament and technical issues.

The national cricket team is the flag bearer of 160 million Bangladeshis and nobody's bap-chachar shompotti. Just because other Hudmahs and Waqads like Rokon and Aftab have been provided ample opportunities to "try and rectify" their Hadimat and Wuqaddimah at the highest level at the expense of the team, DOES NOT mean we should add to the dysfunction.

FUDGE Nazim:Dddin! He, Rokon, Aftab, Motin and all others like them should play Special Olympics cricket. They'll probably fail their too.

Tiger444
April 14, 2010, 10:21 PM
I'm 1000% with my Bhagni Antora in this one. Nazim:Dddin was shite 2 years ago, is shite now and will be shite as long as GOD keeps him alive. He was born with chronic cerebral flatulence and an IQ of 70. The combination should not only take him out contention when it comes to International cricket, all 3 formats, but makes him dangerous when some think he deserves a chance in spite of those temperament and technical issues.

The national cricket team is the flag bearer of 160 million Bangladeshis and nobody's bap-chachar shompotti. Just because other Hudmahs and Waqads like Rokon and Aftab have been provided ample opportunities to "try and rectify" their Hadimat and Wuqaddimah at the highest level at the expense of the team, DOES NOT mean we should add to the dysfunction.

FUDGE Nazim:Dddin! He, Rokon, Aftab, Motin and all others like them should play Special Olympics cricket. They'll probably fail their too.

Well hes proved himself in the NCL 4 day comps and so far hes done well in T20s..dont you think its 2 soon 2 mark him as a bust? I think the guy something 2 offer..try him out in the A team matches and see how he does..who are the players you would like 2 be tried out by the way?

Ajfar
April 14, 2010, 10:21 PM

you are mean dude, why you gotta poke at the new guy for. you think you are all tough now.

Sohel
April 14, 2010, 10:30 PM
Well hes proved himself in the NCL 4 day comps and so far hes done well in T20s..dont you think its 2 soon 2 mark him as a bust? I think the guy something 2 offer..try him out in the A team matches and see how he does..who are the players you would like 2 be tried out by the way?

Wake up! The difference in quality between NCL and the highest level is more than the difference between a Moharani and a Chakrani. Real life ain't EA Sports, fantasy cricket or other forms of geekfesting. Basic technique and temperament matter. Also, each format has its unique challenges. Conflating them is misguidance.

I'd rather develop young, aggressive but also technically sound guys like Shubhagoto and Sabbir at the A Team and Academy level to have them develop better shot selection and temperament, and emerge as quality T20I batsmen for us than deal with retards like Nazim:Dddin and Aftab.

T2OI batting is more pressure packed than ODIs and you need both temperament and technique to deliver as a specialized batsman. MORE not less. We have hardhitters like Zia, Milon, Farhad, Dollar, Robbin and MANY others who can "hit out or get out" but need batsmen who can process a victory for us.

yaseer
April 14, 2010, 10:30 PM
I'm 1000% with my bhagni Antora in this one. Nazim:Dddin was shite 2 years ago, is shite now and will be shite as long as GOD keeps him alive. He was born with chronic cerebral flatulence and an IQ of 70. The combination should not only take him out contention when it comes to International cricket, all 3 formats, but makes him dangerous when some think he deserves a chance in spite of those temperament and technical issues.

Bhalo bolechen Sohel Bhai....
Eder team e niye kono lubh nai, same old story will be repeated.

Fact is, most of our cricketers are like them and eligible for special Olympics. We are in a never ending loop now and have to live it this "special" players coming from "special" system and selected by "special" selectors. When/Who will break this loop???

Zeeshan
April 14, 2010, 10:35 PM
He, Rokon, Aftab, Motin and all others like them should play Special Olympics cricket. They'll probably fail their too.

:floor:

Zeeshan
April 14, 2010, 10:36 PM
you are mean dude, why you gotta poke at the new guy for. you think you are all tough now.

Please mind your own business.

Tiger444
April 14, 2010, 10:54 PM
Wake up! The difference in quality between NCL and the highest level is more than the difference between a Moharani and a Chakrani. Real life ain't EA Sports, fantasy cricket or other forms of geekfesting. Basic technique and temperament matters. Also, each format has its unique challenges. Conflating them is misguidance.

I'd rather develop young, aggressive but also technically sound guys like Shubhagoto and Sabbir at the A Team and Academy level to have them develop better shot selection and temperament, and emerge as quality T20I batsmen for us than deal with retards like Nazim:Dddin and Aftab.

T2OI batting is more pressure packed than ODIs and you need both temperament and technique to deliver as a specialized batsman. MORE not less. We have hardhitters like Zia, Milon, Farhad, Dollar, Robbin and MANY others who can "hit out or get out" but need batsmen who can process a victory for us.

Okay I see your point now..and you have seen these players up more closely then me so I guess you would know very well..have you seen Nazim lately though? I mean he was bad in the asia cup but could have improved..his technique was just awful and temperament wasnt there but in the NCL he showed temperament in the 4 days..i mean look at imrul, the guy seemed like complete crap when he 1st came in and didnt seem 2 belong in international cricket..but now look at the guy..he looks like hes a pretty solid batsman now..i agree with shuvagoto and shabbir being good prospects but let them get experience 1st..once they play A team and more NCL then they should be ready..

M.H.Rubel
April 15, 2010, 08:28 AM
There is a place called Khaja Nazimuddin Road, I wonder if our Nazimuddin ever visited that area!

LOL.Kothay Ayub Khan ar kothay khili pan.Kothay Agortola ar kothay Chokirtola.LOL.

AK420
April 16, 2010, 10:42 AM

Do you have any prestige going on trying to mean slangs every now and then.

Tormuz
April 16, 2010, 10:47 AM
He is pure S-H-I-T-E.

Bond
April 16, 2010, 09:17 PM
Do you have any prestige going on trying to mean slangs every now and then.

Let him be bro, I think people who point out other's spelling or typing erors are trying to show their intelligence, kind of a show off to me. If you go through his post you'll find more than 5 -10 spelling erors, still no one pointed it out, why because we don't want him to feel bad.

Gowza
April 16, 2010, 09:26 PM
Let him be bro, I think people who point out other's spelling or typing erors are trying to show their intelligence, kind of a show off to me. If you go through his post you'll find more than 5 -10 spelling erors, still no one pointed it out, why because we don't want him to feel bad.

english is my 1st language and i still make heaps of typing errors, it's just a message board and people don't always proof read what they type, alot of us just type and send.

Zeeshan
April 16, 2010, 10:21 PM
Lol @ all the alias clowns ganging up and hating on me. :lol:

And @tormuz, what the hell is your problem?

He is pure S-H-I-T-E.

godzilla
April 16, 2010, 11:44 PM
Please mind your own business.

Lol since when did you start taking these sort of stuffs seriusly? I still remember when you where bitting my head off when I was new here! New man in the process Haha...

auntu
April 17, 2010, 01:50 AM
Nazimuddin: Who can only play shots on leg side.

al-Sagar
April 17, 2010, 02:01 AM
Nazimuddin: Who can only play shots on leg side.

he is also good at cover drives, square drives.

auntu
April 17, 2010, 02:20 AM
Not really.
He is a typical BD batsman with limited shots.

Bond
April 17, 2010, 04:29 AM
english is my 1st language and i still make heaps of typing errors, it's just a message board and people don't always proof read what they type, alot of us just type and send.

exactly, then i don't know why some smart ash has to pin point the mistakes.

Tormuz
April 17, 2010, 04:56 AM
Lol @ all the alias clowns ganging up and hating on me. :lol:

And @tormuz, what the hell is your problem?

Nothing. Can't i say my opinion? If not than i'm sorry. :big_hug:

Zeeshan
April 17, 2010, 07:40 AM
Nothing. Can't i say my opinion? If not than i'm sorry.

Well in that case be happy because of the mods i am not directing a mouthful of rickshwalar stock of expletive words to you too.

Damn BC's now got more aliases than Jennifer Garner nowadays. smh.

cricket_king
April 17, 2010, 08:37 AM

Not really.
He is a typical BD batsman with limited shots.

No man, offstump is right. I've seen Nazimuddin hit one booming cover drive...in the air, straight to the hands of Ponting at short cover. :up:

Zeeshan
April 17, 2010, 09:03 AM
Rajabhai, why does Tamim look mad in your avy? E-)

auntu
April 17, 2010, 02:33 PM
No man, offstump is right. I've seen Nazimuddin hit one booming cover drive...in the air, straight to the hands of Ponting at short cover. :up:
Priceless. :D

Tiger444
April 17, 2010, 08:20 PM

because he's standing next to cricket_king..i mean i feel bad 4 tamim..if i were him i would probably make the same expression as well :-D:-D ..just joking cricket_king

cricket_king
April 17, 2010, 10:58 PM

because he's standing next to cricket_king..i mean i feel bad 4 tamim..if i were him i would probably make the same expression as well :-D:-D ..just joking cricket_king

Areyy miah apnara close-up view na dekhe ei gulo bhaabcchen. Tamim thiki hashcche chobi te....more of a smirk really. So :-p

jeesh
April 18, 2010, 08:00 AM
Would have improved under Siddons. Its a pity he decided to join ICL at that stage.

Ajfar
April 18, 2010, 08:43 AM
ki khobor zeeshan bhaijan. apni criticism ektu halkba bhabe nen nah keno?

FagunerAgun
April 18, 2010, 12:02 PM
Never mind Nazimuddin, Nadimuddin scored 147 today!
Wow! Nice to hear. Still I hope he will be given one or two chances to play T/20. I liked his cyclone batting in ICL. We know he is not in form like ICL but still hope he will come back roaring.

Tormuz
April 18, 2010, 12:23 PM
Wow! Nice to hear. Still I hope he will be given one or two chances to play T/20. I liked his cyclone batting in ICL. We know he is not in form like ICL but still hope he will come back roaring.

He was talking about Nadimuddin(who scored 147) Not NAZIMUDDIN.

Tiger444
April 18, 2010, 07:32 PM
Areyy miah apnara close-up view na dekhe ei gulo bhaabcchen. Tamim thiki hashcche chobi te....more of a smirk really. So :-p

haha well i cant say anything..you met tamim iqbal and took a picture with him..that beats me big time no matter if hes smiling or not..

Zeeshan
April 18, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hate to derail this thread more than it already has been but then again we don't have any more Nazim apologetics other than offstump here... :P

C_K I got questions. When did you take the photo with Tamim? What's his height? Does he like Roshomalai? How is his demeanor? Does he have a girlfriend? Is he built? What else did he share with you? Did he have a sleepover in your house? Did you leave your room for him and you floored? Come'on! We all wanna know. Make a new thread if you have to but please do enlighten us on the juicy news. We fans seldom get to hear/see the personal side of a cricketer because of douchy reports from newspapers.

I got more question. Did you guys play? Did he give you any secret tips on how to hold the bat and stuff? Did you get him out? Did you spill coffee over his shirt by mistake due to nervousness? Spill!

Zeeshan
April 26, 2010, 04:47 PM
Another great knock by N:-Dzimuddin...

Equinox
April 26, 2010, 05:25 PM
Another great knock by N:-Dzimuddin...
Actually I believe it's Nazim:Dddin...

Not surprising. He was the only batsman treating the match like a FC match. And as I said before you cannot just brand a NCL average of 47 with a HS of 205 as meaningless anymore. But knowing our selectors he will be called up to the ODI team despite having a List A average of 23 and our fans will write him off based on his ODI performance. And he will continue to be ignored in Tests (despite having a FC average of 38, which is excellent by our standards) even though it is his best format.

Bond
April 26, 2010, 07:06 PM
Nazimuddin is class boss, he's of International standard, 1000 times better than Mr. Imrul Kayes in Test, i want this guy in our test side, going by previous posts whoever wrote him off look way foolish now, Nazimuddin = Bret Hart

al-Sagar
April 26, 2010, 09:08 PM
played two good innings but needs to keep the consistency going.

well time to score a century in next match....

Gowza
April 26, 2010, 09:14 PM
he use to have technical issues that got him found out international which domestic bowlers obviously couldn't take advantage of. hopefully he's fixed up those issues, not every player who is dominant domestically can hack international cricket.

mishu
April 27, 2010, 12:54 AM
he averages 37 in fc and 23 in list-a, yet he got chances for odi team and not the test side. Anyways good performance from him...

BANFAN
April 27, 2010, 01:23 AM
Nice thread, contains much more than just Nazimuddin.. ... ;)

Equinox
April 30, 2010, 10:45 AM
he use to have technical issues that got him found out international which domestic bowlers obviously couldn't take advantage of. hopefully he's fixed up those issues, not every player who is dominant domestically can hack international cricket.
Technique isn't everything. It would have been a big problem for him if we toured England and Australia regularly but we don't. And other than footwork I don't see what is so wrong with his game. He has good hand-eye co-ordination, he is a clean striker of the ball and his shot selection is way better than Ashraful and Aftab's. If technique was that important then Sehwag, Dilshan would be failures in Test cricket. And clearly that isn't the case.

Yet another 50 for Nazim:Dddin today. He is positioning himself up to challenge for the no. 3/4 in the Test line-up.

al-Sagar
May 8, 2010, 09:36 PM
scored 89 of 86 agaisnt WI A yesterday.

Tiger444
May 8, 2010, 09:51 PM
scored 89 of 86 agaisnt WI A yesterday.

so how do you feel offstump? So far your thread has been a success..Nazim:Dddin has seemed the real deal so far..lets see if he can continue the success..

cracky
May 8, 2010, 11:21 PM
In any given day Nazimuddin is better than Vimrul Payesh.

so how do you feel offstump? So far your thread has been a success..Nazim:Dddin has seemed the real deal so far..lets see if he can continue the success..

al-Sagar
May 8, 2010, 11:24 PM

1st let him fight his way into back the national team (any format).

then the REAL FIGHT starts. performing and surviving in the national team.

unless he wins the real fight there is no point calling this thread a success.

Rifat
May 8, 2010, 11:44 PM
always have been a big fan of Nazimuddin :)

just dissappointed at times with him :(

Rifat
May 8, 2010, 11:48 PM
I have been a great admirer of Nazim. He has potential, aggressiveness like Tamim and is a big hitter. What he doesn't have are technique and temperment WHICH can be developed.

See problem with our cricket is not that there is dearth of talent...but the fact that we don't nurture and cultivate them. Nazim impressed me lot with his ICL brutality. A great fan, I think some coach needs to work with him more closely and help him finetune his technique and 'find his natural game'.

See it's just like school. First you select a major. Then zone in on it. Complete AA. Then BA. Then phD. You don't just try to master all the known fields of anthropology, say, like try to get degrees in all the known tribes of the world for instance.

Similarly, we need to select a handful of delta force like squad, and some coaches need to spend some time on them, work closely, zone in on their weaknesses and difficulty and fine tune their skills.

But noooooooo.....the moment we get bored of a player, we put him on crucible and ask for another. Again, enters a player with enormous talent but soon we get bored because he can't deliver. So what do we do? Yup that's right. Get another prodigy or sensation. And hence the recuriosn starts...

And we b!tch about of not knowing where our problem lies? Smfh. Imagine taking the current lot and groom them up by scrutinzing their faults over and over again getting rid of their bad faults and techniques...and we should have a pretty deadly WC 2011 squad.

This is how a team is made. Constraint is the key to creativity; freedom is not. Alas! We got too much degree of freedom because every now and then someone arises with tons of talent in domestic squad but no hard work, determination or perseverance.

Even the greatest geniuses need years and years of familirization of their subject before they get intuitively natural with them. It's not done overnight. I think this is what Siddons mean when he talks about long term goals...but nooooooooo we fans want a short term quick fix. (I allude to my ten years to become an expert thread.)

In summary, GIVE NAZIM A CHANCE!!!!

p.s. and my god antora, you amused me. normally you write like one liner with w00t w00t or L0L comment but you really let it go when it comes to nazim. Orphy would be impressed. tomake nazim er sathe biye koriye dibo! :P

very good post :up:

FagunerAgun
May 9, 2010, 10:22 AM
I really enjoyed his batting while he was in ICL.
Yesterday, he scored 89 against WI A.
I like to give him a chance to play in our T/20 team.

BD d best
May 9, 2010, 10:57 AM
1st test against sa A-47&81 2nd test-53&17
ODI:vs wi A-89 & vs sa A-61
most important thing is he is fighting to get back his spot in national team..and he is being successful consistently..but look at aftab,he got his chance in national team almost doing nothing in domestic cricket and failed miserably..so if u perform well in domestic level and in Academy or in A team then u r prepared for international cricket and hav da confidence to face big names of international cricket..thats what nazim is doing and doing his job decently..hope our selectors will call him back in da asia cup squad,which he deserves now....so keep it up man..best of luck..

22Yards
May 9, 2010, 01:00 PM
give him a chance at T20 but dont think deserves a spot in the national team YET. we have already so many players self destructing their career by their own hype. We dont want any more talents wasted. I I would want him to EARN his place in the national team.

Tiger444
September 7, 2010, 06:26 PM
I just watched highlights of Nazimuddin and see that this guy is a real talent..whats even better is how well he's done in domestic cricket and the A team..I think its time we give this guy a second look..I admit I got turned off by his batting in the Asia Cup but I believe he has improved since then..9 FC centuries and 24 half centuries at an average of a 37 in FC cricket is good for our standards..I think he should be in the NZ squad and given a go in some matches..if Tamim is out for the series then Nazim should be tried out..its always good to have a good bench strength and having a strong backup opener would be great for us..or if Mahmudullah and Naeem continue to struggle then he could be tried out as a finisher..the WC is coming up soon and its time to experiment a few players..

cricket_king
September 7, 2010, 07:02 PM
I just watched highlights of Nazimuddin and see that this guy is a real talent..whats even better is how well he's done in domestic cricket and the A team..I think its time we give this guy a second look..I admit I got turned off by his batting in the Asia Cup but I believe he has improved since then..9 FC centuries and 24 half centuries at an average of a 37 in FC cricket is good for our standards..I think he should be in the NZ squad and given a go in some matches..if Tamim is out for the series then Nazim should be tried out..its always good to have a good bench strength and having a strong backup opener would be great for us..or if Mahmudullah and Naeem continue to struggle then he could be tried out as a finisher..the WC is coming up soon and its time to experiment a few players..

Though I am a little reluctant to give him a try after watching the few international matches he's played, I agree that we do need some more openers, and if Tamim is out for the series, then it's probably worth giving Nazimuddin another go based on his domestic success. I can recall Mahmudullah being pretty useless during his first few chances. However, after some good scores in the NCL, he came through after being given another go. Not a bad idea.

Ajfar
September 7, 2010, 07:38 PM
If Tamim is out for sure than Nazimuddin gets my vote. I think he has done reasonably well to get a call back. And specially with world cup coming up we really need to get some more back up players. Big Z is slowly starting to settle in at number 3, so I think we shouldn't move him up the order. Omi is not looking too bad at number 4 either so I'm against moving him around too. So that means we'd need another back up opener going into the world cup. And with tamim out its the perfect time to let Nazimuddin have a go with kayes.

Tiger444
September 7, 2010, 09:17 PM
Though I am a little reluctant to give him a try after watching the few international matches he's played, I agree that we do need some more openers, and if Tamim is out for the series, then it's probably worth giving Nazimuddin another go based on his domestic success. I can recall Mahmudullah being pretty useless during his first few chances. However, after some good scores in the NCL, he came through after being given another go. Not a bad idea.

Mahmudullah became a much more improved player actually after getting dropped..Imrul Kayes was terrible when he 1st came in to the scene as well..but both of them got dropped and they worked hard on their games and now are constant fixtures in the team..hopefully Nazim is the same way..

Tiger444
September 7, 2010, 09:18 PM
@bangladesh_sy..I agree that big Z and Omi should stay where they are and not move them around..so its good to have an opener come in to play..I don't really see Nazim replacing Imrul when Tamim comes back since Imrul's done well but nothing wrong with some competition..I would love to have a competition between Nazim/Imrul..could be like the competition between Rock/Jahurul at #4..

FagunerAgun
September 7, 2010, 09:25 PM
We may not like some players but let them perform as per their performance.

lamisa
September 8, 2010, 02:17 AM
yes,if tamim is out then definitely nazim will get the call.however,we could also try out the other opener,shamsur rahman shuvo.it's good to have some healthy competition in these levels

Tiger Manc
September 8, 2010, 09:57 AM
in the one day format nazimuddin deserves the chance ahead of shamsur rahman

roman
September 8, 2010, 10:12 AM
Nazim will be a good choice. He does have the aggressive mindset like Tamim. He'll be a better replacement, but i think the selectors will go with Nafees

Tiger Manc
September 8, 2010, 10:18 AM
^^^ please no nafees. he wasn't even in the a team for the one day games, so i doubt selectors would choose him and he isn't opener material anyway.

Baundule
September 8, 2010, 11:35 AM
Did not follow the thread; but about Nazimuddin, he is more or less a clone of Rokon. Very capable of doing things; but does not have the right temperament.

Temperament is something one can not improve very easily (example, Rokon, Ash, Aftab...). Junaed has worked on this problem a bit and that can give Nazimuddin also some motivation if he understands his problems.

He is a more capable batsman that IK and with Tamim he can make an attractive opening partnership in the shorter format of the game. Being capable of attacking from both ends makes thing easy.

revolver
September 8, 2010, 01:08 PM
nazim should be given a chance
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

roman
September 8, 2010, 01:14 PM
Did not follow the thread; but about Nazimuddin, he is more or less a clone of Rokon. Very capable of doing things; but does not have the right temperament.

Temperament is something one can not improve very easily (example, Rokon, Ash, Aftab...). Junaed has worked on this problem a bit and that can give Nazimuddin also some motivation if he understands his problems.

He is a more capable batsman that IK and with Tamim he can make an attractive opening partnership in the shorter format of the game. Being capable of attacking from both ends makes thing easy.
Exactly...Nazim is way better than Imrul. And I would love to see Tamim & Nazim combo, even Tameem and Nafees will do the tricks, but i highly doubt that the selectors will drop Imrul. He is well set

nakibahmed
September 8, 2010, 02:12 PM
Exactly...Nazim is way better than Imrul. And I would love to see Tamim & Nazim combo, even Tameem and Nafees will do the tricks, but i highly doubt that the selectors will drop Imrul. He is well set

I just don't get it,Imrul is the leading run scorer in ODI's for Bangladesh this year,and you guys still want him to be replaced? :S,look,don't get me wrong.Iam a Nazimuddin fan,way before the his ICL glitz,I still remember watching him in a few NCL matches in BKSP and SBNS,and then came his 81 against Pakistan in the warm-up series before the 2007 T20 WC.T

Now,about Imrul.I remember his List A average being slightly above 55 when he got selected.The guy is just too good and WAY too responsible to be replaced as an opener.Yeah,sure there were a few innings I've watched from him which made me feel like breaking my tele,but there is just no way I can forget his good ones.

My opinion:Tamim-Kayes,the best opening pair the team can come up with,Aggressiveness from one,and calmness from another.Good mix!

roman
September 8, 2010, 03:05 PM
^^^^ Nakib Bhai.. I know that Imrul is 1 of the leading run scorers in ODI for BD and all that :).. I also know that TI & Imrul is THE opening pair we have been lurking for so long ( stability wise ). I have to agree with you that based on Imrul's current form he wont be and should not be replaced and I mentioned that on my posting "I highly doubt that the selectors will drop Imrul. He is well set". I have agreed with the post of "Baundule" vai who mentioned that TI & Nazimuddin will be an attractive opening pair. I know you will agree with that too :)..

Baundule
September 9, 2010, 01:37 AM
to bring in nazimuddin, we do not need to drop IK. we have many non performers in the team.

lamisa
September 9, 2010, 06:31 AM
the only way nazim can make it to the team full time is if imrul's performance detoriates horribly.otherwise i don't see him making it to the tteam in the near future...

Tiger444
September 9, 2010, 09:15 AM
For people saying that Nazim is better then Imrul..1st let Nazim hit an international half century then we can think of comparing him to Imrul..I agree his style of play his fancier then Imrul and if him and Tamim could click then this could be a very good opening pair but Nazim needs to prove himself in the team 1st..so if Tamim is actually out for the NZ series then its really crucial Nazim performs or else he's not gonna be looked at again for a while..

roman
September 9, 2010, 09:36 AM
^^^ I think Nafees has better chance than Nazim to make it into playing XI if Tamim cant make it

cricket_king
September 9, 2010, 07:29 PM
A big NO to even contemplating replacing Imrul with Nazimuddin. I personally cannot stand Imrul's batting, but I can't deny the solidity he has provided at the top.

Furthermore, Nazimuddin's footwork causes me to cry in agony. It amazes me that he can even play the swinging ball. He should only be used as a desperate back up opener if Tamim/Imrul is unable to play.

lamisa
September 10, 2010, 03:56 AM
^^^:up:

al-Sagar
September 10, 2010, 11:09 AM
nazimuddin now deserves a chance as opener or 3-4. he is capable of all those places. also may be used at 6 where he can be used as powerplay or late innings accelerator.

but first, one of tamim imrul junaid has to play bad or get injured and thus get dropped. also may be one of jahurul/rakibul. so to get a chance nazimuddin first have to hope one of the current players get dropped.

and then when he gets a chance to play he has to prove that he deserves his chance by playing better than the player he replaced. say if he gets a chance in place of imrul or junaid then he has to show why we should play him instead of junaid or imrul. he has to show how he can serve BD team better than the others

so far well dome nazimuddin for playing good cricket in domestic and A's. but the big exam is when u get into the 11 and then show what u can give to BANGLADESH.

dark mage
September 10, 2010, 11:44 AM
^^^ I think Nafees has better chance than Nazim to make it into playing XI if Tamim cant make it

Please NO! I dont want to see Nafees getting a chance. What exactly has he done recently that makes him deserve a place in the national team? Just compare Nafees' recent domestic and A' Team performances with Nazimuddin and anyone can see how consistent Nazim has been. Shariwer Nafees is just stupid who cant even play the fast-bowlers despite being an opener. If Nafees gets the nod ahead of Nazimudding for the NZ series then it will be very heart-breaking for Nazimuddin as it will show having connections and influence is more imoprtant to getting selected then performance.

AGAIN SHARIER NAFEES IS UTTER RUBBISH AS AN OPENER AND WITH HIS TECHNIQUE HE WILL ALWAYS BE A SECOND RATE BATSMAN.

Nazimuddin shouldnt replace Imrul as long as Imrul is consistent but if Tamim is unable to play in the co0ming series, then Nazim should be the one who gets the call-up instead of Nafees as its only fair. And I believe Nazim is far more focused and would really try to do his best if he gets the chance.

Tiger444
September 10, 2010, 02:10 PM
Please NO! I dont want to see Nafees getting a chance. What exactly has he done recently that makes him deserve a place in the national team? Just compare Nafees' recent domestic and A' Team performances with Nazimuddin and anyone can see how consistent Nazim has been. Shariwer Nafees is just stupid who cant even play the fast-bowlers despite being an opener. If Nafees gets the nod ahead of Nazimudding for the NZ series then it will be very heart-breaking for Nazimuddin as it will show having connections and influence is more imoprtant to getting selected then performance.

AGAIN SHARIER NAFEES IS UTTER RUBBISH AS AN OPENER AND WITH HIS TECHNIQUE HE WILL ALWAYS BE A SECOND RATE BATSMAN.

Nazimuddin shouldnt replace Imrul as long as Imrul is consistent but if Tamim is unable to play in the co0ming series, then Nazim should be the one who gets the call-up instead of Nafees as its only fair. And I believe Nazim is far more focused and would really try to do his best if he gets the chance.

Its actually pretty close if you look at it closely..SN did a lot better in the DPL compared to Nazim..In the NCL, SN played far less games..he played only 3 matches while Nazim played 8..so a bit unfair to compare him there..but when you look at him against South Africa A team Nazim was a lot better..he had 2 50's compared to SN's 1 and averaged a 50 against them while SN averaged only 27..but SN in the WI matches did better mainly because of his big century..and in the tri series Nazim played very well but SN didn't play..but Nazim has done very well and we already know what SN has to offer for us while Nazim has hardly gotten a look..what really turns me off about SN is how poorly he's done against test playing nations..averaging only 16 is just not going to do it..so if it was me I would say Nazim should get the nod..he's played a lot more cricket then SN..I believe he should get the chance to showcase his skills if Tamim is not playing..

lamisa
September 11, 2010, 12:40 AM
did SN finally learn to play pacers?nazimuddin is a better player of pace than SN so he should be in the place of tamim during the NZ series since pace is new zealand's strength

FagunerAgun
September 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
His bad luck with good performance continues for now...

lamisa
September 14, 2010, 05:05 AM
^^^i am so unhappy thathe couldn't make it to the national team,he would have been the perfect replacement for tamim...

BANFAN
September 14, 2010, 07:32 AM
Its actually pretty close if you look at it closely..SN did a lot better in the DPL compared to Nazim..In the NCL, SN played far less games..he played only 3 matches while Nazim played 8..so a bit unfair to compare him there..but when you look at him against South Africa A team Nazim was a lot better..he had 2 50's compared to SN's 1 and averaged a 50 against them while SN averaged only 27..but SN in the WI matches did better mainly because of his big century..and in the tri series Nazim played very well but SN didn't play..but Nazim has done very well and we already know what SN has to offer for us while Nazim has hardly gotten a look..what really turns me off about SN is how poorly he's done against test playing nations..averaging only 16 is just not going to do it..so if it was me I would say Nazim should get the nod..he's played a lot more cricket then SN..I believe he should get the chance to showcase his skills if Tamim is not playing..

Right on. Nazimudding should come in absence of Tamim and SN should come in absence of Imrul. Just because they play with similar attitude. SN and IK will lose the the game in first PP. Even if they survive that long.

riankhan
September 14, 2010, 09:11 AM
Right on. Nazimudding should come in absence of Tamim and SN should come in absence of Imrul. Just because they play with similar attitude. SN and IK will lose the the game in first PP. Even if they survive that long.

As per TIK's recent interview, Imrul was playing according to the team plan. I guess, the absence of TIK will make them change their game plan with Imrul and other openers. Else...we have to dig our graves.:-|

roman
September 14, 2010, 10:34 AM
As i have said earlier that Nafees has better chances than Nazim to make it to the team and i am upset to be right this time..Matha mota BCB:mad:

max410
September 15, 2010, 12:25 AM
The problem of most south asian player is consistency not just nazimuddin or BD players even Pakistan India player are inconsistency in their performance only sri lanka has more consistency than other south asian teams

shakibrulz
September 15, 2010, 12:43 AM
The problem of most south asian player is consistency not just nazimuddin or BD players even Pakistan India player are inconsistency in their performance only sri lanka has more consistency than other south asian teams

Oh my :floor::floor:

Antora
September 15, 2010, 03:54 AM
PEOPLE!!!!! PLEASE!!! get over Nazimuddin!!! :@
He sucks! -_-

lamisa
September 15, 2010, 05:34 AM
^^^come on antora,what other options did he have as a replacement ofor TI?do u prefer SN over nazimuddin given nazim's batting style and form in the A team and domestic?

lamisa
September 15, 2010, 05:40 AM
Oh my :floor::floor:

what's so funny about it?he's right you know,srilanka is definitely the best fielding side in the suncontinent.pakistan has been producing good bowlers but their batting department has been inconsistent and vice versa with india.india's strength is their batting and the bowling is also so-so.srilanka has some really good batsmen and good bowlers as well.they have a great all rounder in matthews and they have the best keeper not only in the suncontinent,but in the whole world according to me

BANFAN
September 15, 2010, 05:52 AM
As per TIK's recent interview, Imrul was playing according to the team plan. I guess, the absence of TIK will make them change their game plan with Imrul and other openers. Else...we have to dig our graves.:-|

Well I didn't mean that IK should be dropped. In case of his absence due to injury or Poor performance in future, like Tamim is out now. What I meant that, Nazim is a more appropriate replacement of TIK than SN. And SN is more appropriate replacement of IK.

If Nazim would play for TIK, the team plan more or less would remain the same, since Nazim could take up TIK's role to some extent. You cannot Expect SN to take TIK role, as such, the entire game plan for the team needs revision, means new/changed role for almost all key players. Team batting approach will need adjustment. It's disturbing the entire team and we are running the risk of seeing too many poor performances.