PDA

View Full Version : RED FLAG: Dream series or nightmare?

Bruno
February 25, 2010, 02:36 AM
Warm ups: SN, Rok, Aftab, Naeem, Zuni, Mash.......I mean they all failed miserably.

Rajib, Shafiul, Rasel you cant use--unless u want to get murdered. again.

My dream of spanking England is dieing a slow, painful death after the warm ups.

Im slowly coming to the realization that it is us, not them, that are doomed.

I think we are headed straight into being once again the laughing stock of the English commentators as they strip the last slice of human decency from our souls.

I hate to be the pessimist, but my dream series against England is turning out to be a nightmare.

Jesus87
February 25, 2010, 02:43 AM
Well we may win a sessionsor two in a test match but the end result is already known to all of us.
In Odis we can expect a clean sweep.
All the best to Bangladesh cricket team and the selectors. Hope you manage to create an upset or two.

fais
February 25, 2010, 02:51 AM
well the fact of the matter is that our "top national batsmen" are quite crap - JS, Ash, AA, SN, ROck - these are not worth selecting but our selectors still persist with them;
naeem scored a 39 ball 40 so he is gr8

wiseshah
February 25, 2010, 02:56 AM
we need change, a big change

we stick with same team against SL, India, NZ----- how long do we have to stick with them.

wiseshah
February 25, 2010, 02:56 AM
i think our team policy is just depend on tamim, sakib, riad, mushy---- rest who cares?
if this 4 fails---- we are screwed.

rest are bonus.

FaHiMa
February 25, 2010, 03:01 AM
at the rate Eng is going it`ll most likely be a nightmare! GOOD LUCK BD ! PROVE ME WRONG!

dolcevita
February 25, 2010, 03:07 AM

we stick with same team against SL, India, NZ----- how long do we have to stick with them.

Mate since several month We all ask for BIG change ...but nothing change
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

dolcevita
February 25, 2010, 03:07 AM
i think our team policy is just depend on tamim, sakib, riad, mushy---- rest who cares?
if this 4 fails---- we are screwed.

rest are bonus.

Add Naeem and Shafiul

dolcevita
February 25, 2010, 03:09 AM
Any hope on aftfool,ashrafool , junaEID,SN
These 4 will score less run than Shafiul

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 03:29 AM
dont get hopeless soon, it was only a practice match, where some out of favor, out of form, and out of pracitce players were given some time in the middle and their form did not improve.

waiting for the team to be national team to be declared today.....

BD-Shardul
February 25, 2010, 03:40 AM
:( .

IanW
February 25, 2010, 03:54 AM
Bruno,

Grow a backbone. In case you hadnt noticed it, the Bangladesh attack at home is based heavily on slow left armers, of which there were precious few playing today.

nsd3
February 25, 2010, 05:31 AM
I don't thing BD can win any ODI in this series. But taking the score to 250+ consistently and taking 10 wickets in 50 overs would be good. I want to see partnerships while building innings.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 05:45 AM
I don't thing BD can win any ODI in this series. But taking the score to 250+ consistently and taking 10 wickets in 50 overs would be good. I want to see partnerships while building innings.

if we can score 250+ this time we can give a fight. coz there wont be the dew factor this time around.

dark mage
February 25, 2010, 05:51 AM
Not entirely true Rock scored 41 in the last game from 52 balls, was going well in this game too apparently picking off singles and built a stand, still did better than Aftab, Juneed and Sharier Nafees. Gotta admit though he is still out of form. However, to be fair to Juneeed he isnt ODI material and should only be considered for the Tests, as we already have Imrul for ODIs. And I think Mash did pretty good if you take in the fact that he just returned from a 7-month lay-off, was really economical and that's what we need, Shafiul and Rubel can take the wickets from the other end as long as Shaqib and Mash can keep it economical. We need to play Razzaq

dark mage
February 25, 2010, 05:54 AM

Amen to that. I too will be satisfied if they can just do that much, as long as they show signs of improvement and dont regress back to the old Bangladesh, I will be happy

nura43
February 25, 2010, 06:05 AM

What "big change" you are talking about? Do we have too many really good players in our reserve bench who have the capability to take the huge pressure of international cricket?

I personally would like to see Nayeem islam in both version of the game. There is no point of including Ashraful in the squad until he regains his form strongly. Raqibul should also be given a break and I am sure he will come back strongly. Nafees and Aftab are good for nothing.

Anyways.... Does not really matter whatever we speculate.....the team is going to be selected by the selection committee and the chief selector is not willing to make any significant change to the team. So..... most probably Ash and Rock wont be dropped out of the squad (according to todays news in Prothom alo)

cricket_king
February 25, 2010, 06:55 AM
Warm ups: SN, Rok, Aftab, Naeem, Zuni, Mash.......I mean they all failed miserably.

Rajib, Shafiul, Rasel you cant use--unless u want to get murdered. again.

My dream of spanking England is dieing a slow, painful death after the warm ups.

Im slowly coming to the realization that it is us, not them, that are doomed.

I think we are headed straight into being once again the laughing stock of the English commentators as they strip the last slice of human decency from our souls.

I hate to be the pessimist, but my dream series against England is turning out to be a nightmare.

Naeem didn't fail - he had one go and scored 40 off 39.

And I don't get you. What's wrong with Shafiul? He's our best fast bowler at the moment.

t697318
February 25, 2010, 07:25 AM
we gotta do all the praying we can, but we still should work our asses off and we can still bat them, remember, their team is still the same, our team will change from the BCB 11 and the national side.
i wonder who'll come into the odi's, will it be AA choudhury, or ashraful or siddique, or by a long shot shahriar nafees, who never wants to move his feet.

magic boy
February 25, 2010, 07:46 AM
oops! oops!! ashol khela shuru hobar agei dekhi onekei dushowpno deikha bisana noshto kore felse....ki shanghatik bepar:timeout:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

beshideshi
February 25, 2010, 07:50 AM
If a loss of our C-team to England demolishes your expectations, then I can not really fight against you. But I know with Shakib, Tamim, Shafiul, Rubel, something good WILL happen.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 08:31 AM
If a loss of our C-team to England demolishes your expectations, then I can not really fight against you. But I know with Shakib, Tamim, Shafiul, Rubel, something good WILL happen.

C or D or Z team ?????

B_IKHAN_71
February 25, 2010, 09:35 AM

Truu Dat ., if losing with out of form players makes you hopeless and its onlii a warm up match then that says alot abt u , like no faith wiv the national team , wats rung with sum ppl wen we lose `the whole team shud be dropped ! ` and then we win the nx game and sum ppl be like ` what a talented bunch a players !` wdhell..

cricket aynt just abbt one game itz abt progression n improvement over time , n like alot ov ppl hav sed it is a yung team an needs TIME . evn tho we all wanna see bd take the game to the english and make em cripple n embarrassed, its just not gnna happen overnight .

:flag::flag::flag:

fwullah
February 25, 2010, 09:47 AM
Dream Series or Nightmare - all depends on expectation.

I expect some fight from our players - playing our own back yard. We're still not in a position to declare our desire to win 1 out of 3 ODI matches and then go on and actually win a match against England.

Also, I hope for our batting order can gel it together. All has been individual performances, no team performance from our batsman - if we manage to do that, with the help of a little bit of luck, you never know.

zainab
February 26, 2010, 08:04 AM
according to members here, seems that Ash was the culprit for the downslide of the team, now with no Ash, I wonder who will be blamed for the impending defeats.

i am perplexed by the inclusion of Junaid and Aftab in the ODI squad.

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 10:39 AM
Our upper order is still looking pretty fragile and unless #'s 2, 3 and 4 click, we end the ODI series empty-handed. I'm optimistic about the Tests and a draw would be nice, but I'll be content with a couple of centuries with us pushing them till the last day. Again, anything beyond that will require the top order to fire.

One World
February 26, 2010, 10:42 AM
C or D or Z team ?????

Definitely not C, something around K or L. Z would be too humiliating for SN.