PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh A vs England: 3 day practice match

Pages : [1] 2 3

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 10:02 AM
Sun Mar 7 - Tue Mar 9
venue: Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

Bangladesh A Team : Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Zuned Siddique, Mehrab Hossain Junior, Shamsur Rahman, Roqibul Hassan, Shuvogoto Chowdhury, Shahagir Hossain (WK), Mahbubul Alam, Robiul Islam,Syed Rasel,Dollar Mahmud, Nur Hossain Munna, Minhajul Abedin (Coach), Zafrul Ehsan (Assistant Coach), Fahim Muntasir (Manager), Azmal Ahmed (Physio)

England Squad: Alastair Cook (capt), Ian Bell, Stuart Broad, Michael Carberry, Paul Collingwood, Steven Davies, Graham Onions, Kevin Pietersen, Liam Plunkett, Matt Prior (wk), Ajmal Shahzad, Ryan Sidebottom, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Jonathan Trott, Luke Wright.

Tiger Manc
February 25, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'd have

Jahurul Islam
Nazimuddin
Farhad Hossain
Faisal Hossain
Shuvagoto Hom
Wicketkeeper
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Elias Sunny
Saqlain Sajib
Talha Jubair
Mohammad Sharif/ Robiul Islam

Tiger Manc
February 25, 2010, 10:10 AM
I'd have Faisal Hossain as my captain

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 10:12 AM
I'd have

Jahurul Islam
Nazimuddin
Farhad Hossain
Faisal Hossain
Shuvagoto Hom
Wicketkeeper
Suhrawadi Shuvo
Elias Sunny
Saqlain Sajib
Talha Jubair
Mohammad Sharif/ Robiul Islam

suhrawardi shuvo may make the test team. so less chance in making this team

Tiger Manc
February 25, 2010, 10:31 AM
suhrawardi shuvo may make the test team. so less chance in making this team

In which case I'd have Nasir Hossain, if there's a good chance Shuvo makes the Test team.

Gowza
February 25, 2010, 03:11 PM
i would consider nazmus, rony, marshall, shamsur and i hope shuvagoto gets into the playing XI (prefer these guys over mehrab jr). i'd take dhiman or mithun over shagir. for the allrounder spots you have shabbir, mahmudul and nasir. noor hossain or shaker ahmed could be considered for the spinner spot but saqlain should be given it. shuvo is an automatic here if he doesn't make the test squad.

for pacers we have a bunch, i'd go with subashis, sajidul and emon but we also have robin, dolar, robiul, abul, alauddin, ziaur and talha.

wiseshah
February 25, 2010, 03:58 PM
i would consider nazmus, rony, marshall, shamsur and i hope shuvagoto gets into the playing XI (prefer these guys over mehrab jr). i'd take dhiman or mithun over shagir. for the allrounder spots you have shabbir, mahmudul and nasir. noor hossain or shaker ahmed could be considered for the spinner spot but saqlain should be given it. shuvo is an automatic here if he doesn't make the test squad.

for pacers we have a bunch, i'd go with subashis, sajidul and emon but we also have robin, dolar, robiul, abul, alauddin, ziaur and talha.

emon, sajidul,abul,ziaur,dollar---are not in best form at this moment.they are irregular in NCL even

under19 players--good for ODI but in test match or longer version--they have almost zero experience.

agree mithun and dhiman over shagir

wiseshah
February 25, 2010, 04:01 PM
Sun Mar 7 - Tue Mar 9
venue: Chittagong, which stadium is a bit of confusion

well its a bit too early but i cant but open the thread.

the team that will be facing will be named bangladesh A and until that time england will have faced BD spinners so no point hiding our sla spinners in this time. i expect we have a good team with ncl performers in it. this is my team.... ....

jahurul islam
mehrab hoassain junior (captain)
nazimuddin
farhad hossain
faisal hossain
saghir hossain pavel
nasir hossain
shabbir rahman
saqlain sajib
rabiul islam
talha zubaer

reserve; shuvagoto, elias sunny, kamtul islam

i thought of including ash or rock but later thought let the new boys play it out

best possible line up, though its too early to select test team

wkt keepr--my choice is anamul/dhiman/mithun ali (anamul-- less experience, dhiman-- might get the chance)

i think dhiman is the best wkt keeper in the country,
batting wise---- anamul
in between--- mithun ali

al-Sagar
March 1, 2010, 11:46 PM
looks like ashraful may steal a place as a bowler with his NCL bowling performance

Ajfar
March 1, 2010, 11:49 PM
if we are going to put our out of form players in the test match then we should let them play in this match to see if they can get some runs under their belt, like Aftab, Big Z, Imrul.

cricman
March 1, 2010, 11:56 PM
This one is going to be Highly Competitive I believe, for the 2 or 3 Test Slots that will be open ... of the top, I'd say

Shahriar Nafees
Nafees Iqbal**
Nazimuddin**
Rockibul Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful*
Naeem Islam (just to get some FC Practice)
Aftab Ahmed
Syed Rasel**
Random Keeper
Crap Fast Bowler ... Tarq Aziz SHarif?
Crap Fast Bowler ... U-19 Bowler?

** = Depends on Who makes the NCL Final

Gowza
March 1, 2010, 11:59 PM
i really want to see what the bench warmers have in this match i.e. jahurul, farhad, shuvagoto, etc. SN, ash and aftab don't need this match, what they need is one on one coaching focusing on improving their weaknesses, even if they play this match and score well they should improve their weaknesses before coming back to the national team.

yaseer
March 2, 2010, 12:02 AM
No spinners in the side PLEASE!! Don't let them practice against in any spinner.

Must include Faisal Hossain, Farhad Hossain, Jaharul, Shahriar Nafees, Naeem.
Add as many pace bowlers, if posible have some grass in the pitch to make feel England at home.

Sohel
March 2, 2010, 12:20 AM
I'd like to see the top NCL performers in the A Team.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2010, 12:24 AM
No spinners in the side PLEASE!! Don't let them practice against in any spinner.

Must include Faisal Hossain, Farhad Hossain, Jaharul, Shahriar Nafees, Naeem.
Add as many pace bowlers, if posible have some grass in the pitch to make feel England at home.

thats a good idea. lets make a green pitch. lets give our top NCL performes a go against some quality english bowlers in a green pitch.

also lets give our pacers a go in the green pitch against english bowlers

Gowza
March 2, 2010, 12:24 AM
this no spinners business i really don't agree with, they've faced spinners before it's not going to make a difference. shabbir, noor and mahmudul could be worth ago here, and nasir and shuvo as well if they're not in the test squad. for pacers i really don't care about form or being regulars or irregular's in the NCL, get the ones who have the weapons i.e. subashis, sajidul, emon. if not them then go with talha, robiul, robin or maybe alauddin babu.

i'm kind of surprised shaker ahmed hasn't been given any chances in BCB XI's or domestics since guys like noor, shabbir, mahmudul, babu and anamul who are from the same u19 team have been given shances.

yaseer
March 2, 2010, 12:30 AM
this no spinners business i really don't agree with, they've faced spinners before it's not going to make a difference. shabbir, noor and mahmudul could be worth ago here, and nasir and shuvo as well if they're not in the test squad. for pacers i really don't care about form or being regulars or irregular's in the NCL, get the ones who have the weapons i.e. subashis, sajidul, emon. if not them then go with talha, robiul, robin or maybe alauddin babu.

i'm kind of surprised shaker ahmed hasn't been given any chances in BCB XI's or domestics since guys like noor, shabbir, mahmudul, babu and anamul who are from the same u19 team have been given shances.

yes, they have faced spinners before. But it is always slighly different in Bangladesh condition than in IND/PAK/SL. Also only Collingwood played in BD pitches before + 1st test will be played in the same stadium.

This is a practice match, and our goal should be - not to let English players practice/prepare on what they will be facing in the test. Make it bad as much as you can.

I remember India leaving grass even in the practice pitches when Australia last visited them. May be this will not make big difference, but we need to make it as bad as possible.

Gowza
March 2, 2010, 12:34 AM
personally i prefer to give the BD prospects some quality experience against quality opposition, for me these matches are an important part of a players development. also we probably won't have a leg spinner in our test team so what about playing a leggy?

yaseer
March 2, 2010, 12:43 AM
personally i prefer to give the BD prospects some quality experience against quality opposition, for me these matches are an important part of a players development. also we probably won't have a leg spinner in our test team so what about playing a leggy?

Ya, it is a other way of looking at the matter - Giving chacne to the performers like Saqlain, Sabbir (leggy) and see how they perform against quality opposition and it will provide them valuable experiecne also. There is also nothing wrong in it. It is actually the priority of what youn are looking for. I am looking the matter as a great chacne for us to upset England in Test. So, I am thinking of each and every cent here which can lead us to an upset.

Bhorol
March 2, 2010, 12:46 AM
hello, i am a new comer

bujhee kom
March 2, 2010, 12:46 AM
hello, i am a new comer

Hello Bhorol, welcome to BC! :big_hug:

yaseer
March 2, 2010, 12:49 AM
hello, i am a new comer

Well-Come to BC, Bhorol.

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 01:14 PM
BCB Media Release

Bangladesh A Team for 3-day match against England

Following is the Bangladesh A Team for the 3-day match against England starting at the Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong from Sunday (07 March):

Mohammad Ashraful (Captain)
Zuned Siddique
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Shamsur Rahman
Roqibul Hassan
Shuvogoto Chowdhury
Shahagir Hossain (WK)
Mahbubul Alam
Robiul Islam
Syed Rasel
Dollar Mahmud
Nur Hossain Munna

TEAM MANAGEMENT: Minhajul Abedin (Coach), Zafrul Ehsan (Assistant Coach), Fahim Muntasir (Manager), Azmal Ahmed (Physio)

Media & Communications Department

al-Sagar
March 5, 2010, 12:21 PM
so who actually has the chance to make the test team ... ????

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 06:40 AM
Struggling Ashraful confident of fulfilling promise (http://www.cricinfo.com/engvbdesh2010/content/story/450976.html)

After an ODI series that was perhaps closer than the 3-0 scoreline suggests, the general consensus is that Bangladesh cricket is slowly reaching the standard required to compete on equal terms with the bigger nations in world cricket. But "slowly", unfortunately, is the operative word, and in Chittagong on Sunday, one of the slowest developers of them all returns to centre stage.

Mohammad Ashraful epitomises all the promise and frustration of Bangladesh cricket. When he's in form, he bats with a fluency that few in the world can match - never more thrillingly than during his century on debut against Sri Lanka in September 2001, when he was a carefree whippersnapper of 16, which encapsulated the richness of talent that the country seemed set to produce.

Unfortunately, of late, Ashraful's career has hit the buffers. A wretched tour of New Zealand realised 62 runs in six innings, in all three forms of the game, and followed a threadbare series of performances against India and Sri Lanka, in which he managed one half-century in eight innings.

With the blessing of the board, Ashraful sat out the three ODIs in a bid to clear his mind ahead of next week's Test series, but even that policy didn't quite pay the dividends he'd hoped. In four first-class innings for Dhaka Division, he mustered 21 runs including three ducks, to leave his hopes of a recall resting rather heavily on his performance against England in the forthcoming three-day warm-up.

"In the last couple of months I have not been batting well," Ashraful told Cricinfo. "In the nets I am batting well, but in the middle I get out very early, so that's why I feel I needed a bit of a break from international cricket. But tomorrow is a three-day game, and if I bat well there, I can play Test cricket again."

In Ashraful's absence, Bangladesh have made decent progress against England, particularly in the batting where Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim have formed a promising core of young and motivated prospects. But there's no question in the minds of either the selectors or the coaching staff that a confident and focussed Ashraful would transform the dynamic of their team, by slotting in at No. 3 or 4, and providing a touch of class to an otherwise functional middle-order.

"I still think that he is one of our best players for Bangladesh," Akram Khan, the chairman of selectors, told Cricinfo. "He's played a lot of good innings for us, and so there's no confusion about how good he is. But the last six or seven months, he has not been in good shape, so we are praying that he can finally come good. If he plays well, he can make the difference for Bangladesh, and we are ready for that."

Unfortunately, Ashraful's single biggest problem is the fact that these expectations have already been looming over him for nigh on a decade, and with every new failure, a new solution is thrust into the mix. He was feeling the burden during England's last tour in 2003, when Dav Whatmore dropped him from the Test series in a bid to shield him from the pressures, and his desperation to avoid a repetition of that scenario was one of the main reasons why he sat out the one-dayers.

"Everyone has been talking with me, and giving me advice, so I just needed to go away and work it out for myself," Ashraful said. "I think I have a problem with my gameplan. My batting is okay, but some days I'm very attacking and some days I'm very defensive. That's why I'm scoring only every four or five games.

"I needed to think more, and come up with one solid gameplan, and now I am thinking ball-by-ball and playing positive cricket," he added. "I just haven't scored enough runs recently, but I believe in myself, and if I feel good, Insh'allah they will select me."

The selectors are, by and large, sympathetic to Ashraful's plight. "It happens," Akram said. "When good players play for a long time, they go through periods when their form is not quite there. I think this was the right time [for Ashraful] to get out from there. I know he is trying very hard, and I hope he can come back soon. The boys played very well without him, but we need some experience and he has played a lot of long innings. If he comes back, it can only be good for the Test team."

For all the problems that Ashraful has endured of late, the chance to slot into a team in which his personal performance is no longer the decisive factor can only be a good thing. "In the past there was big pressure on me, but now we have a lot of match-winners," he said. "Now I am just one of the players who has to perform. When we beat the big teams I sometimes play brilliant cricket, but now we have four or five guys who can do that, so I need to step up again.

"It is good for Bangladesh," he added. "When Jamie [Siddons, the coach] came here two years ago, he said he needed more players like me. Now we have a lot of players performing good cricket. They are very confident, and they are not scared anymore. Last year we won 14 games, and even though ten of those were against Zimbabwe, it still shows that we are improving."

As for Ashraful's personal ambitions, he hopes that the coming year can prove to be a watershed in his career. Having given up the captaincy and reassessed his game away from the spotlight, he still believes he is young enough, and sufficiently motivated, to transform an international record that does no justice whatsoever to his talent.

"Scoring in domestic cricket isn't the same as doing it in Test cricket, so it was just good for me to get away," he said. "I definitely see this as a new start. I'm only 26, so if I'm fit enough I can play ten years or more. For the last nine years, I have been up and down, so now I need to perform regularly. My best time is still to come, I think."

fais
March 6, 2010, 07:33 AM
Roqibul might be able to slot in replacing aftab; i see no reason to change the ODI 2nd and 3rd playing XI otherwise, three fulltime spinners, could have really done with an bowling allrounder leg spinner

Tigers_eye
March 6, 2010, 09:04 AM
Who knows may Hom, Shamsur Rahman, Rokibul will claim a spot. :) A century and ...

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 09:31 AM
Who knows may Hom, Shamsur Rahman, Rokibul will claim a spot. :) A century and ...

unless Rokibul hits century in two innings i dont want him. dont think a one of performance in the practice match should give a player chnce to play

babubangla
March 6, 2010, 09:48 AM
[বাংলা]এই ম্যাচে আম্পায়ারিং করবে কে?
আমাদের মনি ভাইয়েরও তো একটু প্র্যাকটিস দরকার।[/বাংলা]

ialbd
March 6, 2010, 09:50 AM
[বাংলা]এই ম্যাচে আম্পায়ারিং করবে কে?
আমাদের মনি ভাইয়েরও তো একটু প্র্যাকটিস দরকার।[/বাংলা]

hehe good one....

Moni uncle needs a lots and lots of practice...

BANFAN
March 6, 2010, 09:52 AM
unless Rokibul hits century in two innings i dont want him. dont think a one of performance in the practice match should give a player chnce to play

You never know if it is against England..!! Even a good 50+ score might give some a place; after all howmany of our main team can do that?

One World
March 6, 2010, 10:38 AM
so who actually has the chance to make the test team ... ????

Who else :)

zainab
March 6, 2010, 10:53 AM
I know that a lot of members here are hoping for Ash to fail once again, and it seems that the jinx is following him.

Anyhow, IMO, I feel that Ash should make a turn around and become a bowling all rounder, seems to have lost his confidence, but he is still the same Ash who can wield the bat.
BCB is not willing to see him get lost in the wilderness.

fais
March 6, 2010, 11:06 AM
You never know if it is against England..!! Even a good 50+ score might give some a place; after all howmany of our main team can do that?

to be honest quite a few;
shakib, naeem, riyad, tamim, kayes all could
shuvo may also be able to
but rock shud prob replace the boom boom aftab (he just doesn't have the patience for test cricket)

auntu
March 6, 2010, 01:39 PM
hello, i am a new comer
[বাংলা]ভরল ভাই ভীতিহীন ভুক্তিতে ভরান বিসির ভান্ডার।[/বাংলা]

Shaan
March 6, 2010, 03:25 PM
I know that a lot of members here are hoping for Ash to fail once again, and it seems that the jinx is following him.

Anyhow, IMO, I feel that Ash should make a turn around and become a bowling all rounder, seems to have lost his confidence, but he is still the same Ash who can wield the bat.
BCB is not willing to see him get lost in the wilderness.

hahahaa, actually we all love Ash and all want to see his good form, but last couple years he himself forced us to believe that he doesn't deserve to be adore,hey again a player never bigger than a country. So, the preference come first who can serve the best for the country not the team has to serve for a player on behalf of the country.

Like me I know others love to see Ash when he is on song with the bat.. we bash him because he and others turned down our hopes and passion too regularly when we count like him player most.

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 03:36 PM
[বাংলা]‘প্রয়োজনে হাত খুলেও খেলতে পারি’

নিউজিল্যান্ডে একমাত্র টেস্টে ছিলেন একাদশের বাইরে, ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে ওয়ানডে সিরিজে চলে গেলেন দলেরই বাইরে। তবে বাংলাদেশ ‘এ’ দলের হয়ে তিন দিনের ম্যাচে মাঠে নামার আগের দিন রকিবুল হাসান জানালেন ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজের দলে থাকার আশা করছেন তিনি...

বেশ কিছুদিন টানা খেলার পর ওয়ানডে দলের বাইরে থাকতে হলো, কেমন লেগেছে?
রকিবুল: আসলে এটা ক্রিকেটজীবনেরই অংশ। এ সিরিজের ওয়ানডে দলের বাইরে থাকার আগে নিউজিল্যান্ড টেস্টেও একাদশের বাইরে ছিলাম। আসলে ভারতের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট দুটো আমি ভালো খেলতে পারিনি। তো কোচ-নির্বাচকেরা যা ভালো মনে করেছেন, তা-ই করেছেন।

নিউজিল্যান্ডে টেস্ট খেলা না হলেও স্কোয়াডে কিন্তু ছিলেন। এখন ওয়ানডে দল থেকে বাদ পড়েছেন, টেস্টেও এমন হওয়ার আশঙ্কা করছেন?
রকিবুল: আমি তো আশা করছি দলে থাকব। ভারতের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজে ভালো করতে পারিনি, কিন্তু তার আগে ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজে কিন্তু খারাপ করিনি। তার পরও নির্বাচক-কোচ-অধিনায়ক দলের জন্য যা ভালো মনে করেন, করবেন।

রান পাচ্ছিলেন না বলেই কিন্তু ওয়ানডেতে বাদ পড়েছেন...
রকিবুল: আমি এ কথায় ঠিক একমত নই। ওয়ানডেতে রান একদমই পাইনি তা কিন্তু নয়। ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজে ২৮, ৩২, ৪৩ করেছি, ইংল্যান্ডের বিপক্ষে প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচেও ৪৪ করেছি। মোটামুটি ভালো অবস্থাই ছিল। শুধু ভারতের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট সিরিজেই রান পাইনি।

কিন্তু ৩০-৪০ রানে সন্তুষ্ট হওয়ার পর্যায়ে কিন্তু বাংলাদেশ দল এখন আর নেই, আপনার কী মনে হয়?
রকিবুল: তা ঠিক। এটা আসলে ভাগ্য। আমি চাই, দলের জন্য বড় ইনিংস খেলতে, কিন্তু ৩০-৪০ করে আউট হয়ে যাচ্ছি। আশা করি সামনে এ সমস্যা কাটিয়ে উঠতে পারব।

এই প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচটাকে কীভাবে দেখছেন?
রকিবুল: খুব বেশি কিছু ভাবছি না বা চাপ নিচ্ছি না। আমার স্বাভাবিক খেলাটাই খেলার চেষ্টা করব।

নির্বাচকদের একজন আকরাম খানের সঙ্গে দীর্ঘক্ষণ কথা বলতে দেখলাম...
রকিবুল: আমার ব্যাটিং নিয়েই কথা বলছিলেন, এই ছোটখাটো কিছু টেকনিক্যাল দিক নিয়ে। আর উত্সাহ দিলেন, বললেন দল থেকে বাদ পড়ার জন্য যেন মনোবল না হারাই। অনেক সুযোগ আসবে, এসবই আর কি!

অনেকের অভিযোগ, আপনার ব্যাটিংটা একটু ধীরগতির, বর্তমান সময়ের জন্য ঠিক মানানসই নয়। আপনার কী মনে হয়?
রকিবুল: আমার তা মনে হয় না। যারা এ রকম বলে, তাদের চিন্তা-ভাবনায় ভুল আছে, নয়তো তারা ক্রিকেটটা পুরোপুরি বোঝে না। আমি সব সময় কন্ডিশন এবং দলের অবস্থা বুঝে ব্যাটিং করার চেষ্টা করি। যখন দু-তিনটি উইকেট পড়ে যায় তখন আক্রমণাত্মক ব্যাটিং করে উইকেট থ্রো করে আসাটা নিশ্চয়ই বুদ্ধিমানের কাজ হবে না। বরং দু-একটি জুটি গড়ে দলের অবস্থা ভালো হলে আবার রানের গতি বাড়ানো যায়। আর আমাদের দলের পরিকল্পনাটাই এ রকম, দলে সবারই কিছু নির্দিষ্ট ভূমিকা আছে। ধরে খেলার দরকার হলে ধরে খেলি, প্রয়োজনে হাত খুলে খেলতেও পারি।

গত কিছুদিনে যেমন খেলেছেন, প্রথম দিকে কিন্তু আপনি এর চেয়ে আরেকটু হাত খুলে খেলতেন?
রকিবুল: আসলে বেশির ভাগ সময়ই আমাকে এমন অবস্থায় নামতে হয়েছে, যখন বেশ কিছু উইকেট পড়ে গেছে, তাই একটু ধরে খেলতে হয়েছে। সেট হওয়ার পর অনেক সময়ই ইনিংসটাকে টেনে নিতে পারিনি, পারলে হয়তো স্ট্রাইকরেট পুষিয়ে দেওয়া যেত।

অনেক জোরে মারতে পারেন বলে নাকি সতীর্থরা আপনাকে ফ্লিনটফ বলে ডাকে?
রকিবুল: অনুর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলে আমাদের যখন প্র্যাকটিস হচ্ছিল, তখন একবার ছয় মারার প্র্যাকটিস হচ্ছিল। সেই সময় অনেকগুলো ছয় মেরেছিলাম। এ জন্য তখন থেকেই সবাই ফ্লিনটফ বলে ডাকে।

শোনা যায় কোচ কেমি সিডন্স আপনাকে একটু বেশি পছন্দ করেন বলেই নাকি এত সুযোগ পাচ্ছেন?
রকিবুল: দেখুন, শুধু আমাকে নয়, জেমি আমাদের প্রতিটি ক্রিকেটারকেই অনেক পছন্দ করেন, সবাইকেই অনেক ভালোবাসেন। কোচ হিসেবেও ও দারুণ। বিশেষ করে আমরা ব্যাটসম্যানেরা অনেক উপকৃত হয়েছি ওর কাছ থেকে, অনেক টেকনিক্যাল বিষয় শিখেছি।[/বাংলা]

http://prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2010-03-07/news/47058

cricman
March 6, 2010, 03:39 PM
There Wont be no Updates. unless BCB allow the Media to be present in the press box and than i'd still be doubtful

AsifTheManRahman
March 6, 2010, 03:42 PM
[বাংলা]কিসের ভাগ্য? ব্যাটস্‌ম্যান হইছ রান করবা। এত ভাগাভাগির কি আছে? যতসব আজাইরা ফাজলেমো।[/বাংলা]

sadi
March 6, 2010, 04:19 PM
[বাংলা]কিসের ভাগ্য? ব্যাটস্‌ম্যান হইছ রান করবা। এত ভাগাভাগির কি আছে? যতসব আজাইরা ফাজলেমো।[/বাংলা]

Lol... Rakibul Chokka marte pare... oke sobai flintoff dake.... Am I missing something here?

Nafi
March 6, 2010, 04:58 PM
My line up would be

Zunaid Siddique
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Ashraful
Shamsur Rahman
Roqibul Hassan
Shuvogoto Chowdhury
Sagir Hossain
Mahbubul Alam
Dollar Mahmud
Syed Rasel
Robiul Islam
Noor Hossain

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 05:05 PM
I'm really hoping Ash comes back with a bang..he shouldnt play in the test series..he just needs to take a break and rethink his gameplan..thats great he is realizing this now..thats his main problem in my opinion..he needs to learn how 2 plan his innings..i'm really hoping he comes back in good form because hes 2 good of a player 2 lose..

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 05:07 PM
My XI would be -

Zunaed Siddique
Saghir Hossain
Shamsur Rahman
Mohammad Ashraful
Raqibul Hasan
Mehrab Hossain Jr
Shuvagoto Hom
Dolar Mahmud
Noor Hossain
Syed Rasel
Robiul Islam

Robin can carry drinks :-p

The team has only one specialist opener, so Saghir should fill in as a makeshift option.

Gowza
March 6, 2010, 05:10 PM
if ash thinks he's a performing player anything like tamim, shakib etc then there really is something wrong with his head. as far as playing a lot of good innings for BD, well he's played some good innings, but relative to the chances he's been given he's done poorly. the worst thing to here was that if he does well in this match they think he can comeback to the test team. adding onto everything, ashraful mate, it's not jsut your gameplan, your game has gone to crap and it will take more than a couple of days to fix it properly.

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
if ash thinks he's a performing player anything like tamim, shakib etc then there really is something wrong with his head.
Not really. In last 18 months, his ODI average (against G7) is as good as those of Tamim and Shakib.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=5;opposition=6; opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=runs;spanmin1=01 +Oct+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;t ype=batting

And yes, he is still they guy who turned out to be the difference between win and lose for most of the time for Bangladesh.

However, the Test team is a different story.

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
if ash thinks he's a performing player anything like tamim, shakib etc then there really is something wrong with his head. as far as playing a lot of good innings for BD, well he's played some good innings, but relative to the chances he's been given he's done poorly. the worst thing to here was that if he does well in this match they think he can comeback to the test team. adding onto everything, ashraful mate, it's not jsut your gameplan, your game has gone to crap and it will take more than a couple of days to fix it properly.

i can see for the first time gowza is frustrated about ashraful.
yes, i think he needs long rest and need consultations about his batting. he needs to find out where is his lacking?

Gowza
March 6, 2010, 05:41 PM
Not really. In last 18 months, his ODI average (against G7) is as good as those of Tamim and Shakib.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=5;opposition=6; opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=runs;spanmin1=01 +Oct+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=results;t ype=batting

And yes, he is still they guy who turned out to be the difference between win and lose for most of the time for Bangladesh.

However, the Test team is a different story.

as far as ODI cricket goes, maybe he has the numbers backing him but his game is still a mess. but test cricket is the most important format, he said he can get back there with one good performance in this match. what ash needs to do is fix his game, we don't want the same old inconsistent ashraful to comeback to the national team, we want an improved version and that doesn't happen over night.

shakib and tamim perform in every format, ash is performing in one, so i would not say he's a performing player like tamim and shakib, maybe in one format but not overall.

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 05:58 PM
as far as ODI cricket goes, maybe he has the numbers backing him but his game is still a mess.
That may be because he was forced to bat from the wrong position half of the time. Here is the list of innings he played in last 8 months from #4 - http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?batting_positionmax1=4;batting_position min1=4;batting_positionval1=batting_position;class =2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;oppos ition=3;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opp osition=8;orderby=runs;player_involve=24667;spanmi n1=01+Oct+2008;spanval1=span;team=25;template=resu lts;type=batting;view=innings

He averaged 36+ yet Siddons kept moving him up and down!

zainab
March 6, 2010, 06:10 PM
Hope Ash and his team does well in this warm up match. Heavens knows that he needs a bit of luck here.

Eshen
March 6, 2010, 06:12 PM
BTW, here is Ashraful's ODI stats against G8 in Whatmore era. Somehow Whatmore also had trouble not realizing Ashraful is best fit at #4!

<table class="engineTable"><thead><tr class="headlinks"><th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Grouping (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=def ault;orderbyad=reverse;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmi n1=01+May+2003;spanval1=span;template=results;type =batting)</th> <th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Span (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=sta rt;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spanv al1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Mat (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=mat ches;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spa nval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Inns (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=inn ings;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spa nval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">NO (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=not outs;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spa nval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Runs (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=run s;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spanva l1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th class="padAst" nowrap="nowrap">HS (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=hig h_score;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003; spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Ave (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=bat ting_average;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+ 2003;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">BF (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=bal ls_faced;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003 ;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">SR (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=bat ting_strike_rate;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+ May+2003;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batti ng)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">100 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=hun dreds;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;sp anval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">50 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=fif ty_plus;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003; spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">0 (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=duc ks;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spanv al1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">4s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=fou rs;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spanv al1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">6s (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;op position=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5; opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=six es;spanmax1=01+Jun+2007;spanmin1=01+May+2003;spanv al1=span;template=results;type=batting)</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> </tbody> <tbody> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">1st position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2003-2004</td> <td>3</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>69</td> <td class="padAst">66</td> <td>23.00</td> <td>130</td> <td>53.07</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>5</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2nd position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2003-2006</td> <td>10</td> <td>10</td> <td>0</td> <td>84</td> <td class="padAst">35</td> <td>8.40</td> <td>185</td> <td>45.40</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>8</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">3rd position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2005-2005</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td class="padAst">0</td> <td>0.00</td> <td>1</td> <td>0.00</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">4th position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2004-2006</td> <td>14</td> <td>14</td> <td>0</td> <td>461</td> <td class="padAst">100</td> <td>32.92</td> <td>547</td> <td>84.27</td> <td>1</td> <td>4</td> <td>1</td> <td>45</td> <td>8</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">5th position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2004-2007</td> <td>11</td> <td>11</td> <td>0</td> <td>217</td> <td class="padAst">87</td> <td>19.72</td> <td>256</td> <td>84.76</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>26</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">6th position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2003-2007</td> <td>3</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>8</td> <td class="padAst">4</td> <td>2.66</td> <td>22</td> <td>36.36</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">7th position</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">2007-2007</td> <td>2</td> <td>2</td> <td>2</td> <td>53</td> <td>45*</td> <td class="padDp2" nowrap="nowrap">-</td> <td>86</td> <td>61.62</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>7</td> <td>0</td> </tr></tbody></table>

cricman
March 6, 2010, 10:13 PM
Ashraful won the Toss and elected to bat

cricman
March 6, 2010, 10:23 PM
England XI: Cook, Carberry, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Prior, Bresnan, Shahzad, Tredwell, Plunkett, Finn

http://twitter.com/miller_cricket

play to start in 6 minutes

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 10:31 PM
thanks cricman for the updates..

Roni_uk
March 6, 2010, 10:33 PM
England XI: Cook, Carberry, Trott, Pietersen, Bell, Prior, Bresnan, Shahzad, Tredwell, Plunkett, Finn

play to start in 6 minutes

gosh that was 10 mins ago... how many down? is Ash out yet?

hello_cricket
March 6, 2010, 10:41 PM
is there any site where they are showing live scores for this practice match?

One World
March 6, 2010, 10:53 PM
Ki khobor bhaia's

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 10:54 PM
thats the best decision, this time we need lots of batting practice. hope Bd can bat full 2 days. and score some big runs. looking forward to rokibul--- he has big chances of coming back in test squad.

his form was not that bad but if u compare with tamim, shakib, mushfiq and riad---yes below average. hope rokibul and ash returns soon.

view360
March 6, 2010, 10:55 PM
is there any site where they are showing live scores for this practice match?

Live score will appear here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/fds/hi/statistics/cricket/scorecards/2010/3/84181/html/scorecard.stm) . BD-A won the toss and opted to bat.

Bugz
March 6, 2010, 10:56 PM
They left out Alam? :(

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 10:58 PM
lets bat for 3 days and give england no practise. well rasel, rabiul dollar and nur hossain will be disapointed as they would have loved some bowling practice

cricman
March 6, 2010, 10:59 PM
17/0 6.1 overs

Anher
March 6, 2010, 10:59 PM
Collingwood has had a cortisone injection in his left shoulder. But he will be available for the Tests. Apparently

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:02 PM
Bangladesh A 1 Junaid Siddique, 2 Shamsur Rahman, 3 Mohammad Ashraful (capt), 4 Roqibul Hasan, 5 Mehrab Hossain jr, 6 Shuvogoto Chowdhury, 7 Robiul Islam, 8 Shahagir Hossain (wk), 9 Syed Rasel, 10 Dollar Mahmud, 11 Nur Hossain Munna.

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:04 PM
excited 2 see zunaed and shamsur..lets see how well they can bat against a decent english pace attack..

Anher
March 6, 2010, 11:06 PM
Bangladesh A - 17 for 0 after 6.1 overs

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:06 PM
21/1 after 8, zunaed gone for 16

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:07 PM
There goes the first wicket. Junaid pokes outside off to Shahzad, caught behind for 16. 21 for 1 after 8 overs

:( ...

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:07 PM
so in comes ash..lets see how he does today..

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:08 PM
Junaid Siddique c Prior b Shahzad 16 – 28 balls, 34 mins, 3 x 4. FoW 21 for 1 (8.0 overs)

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:10 PM
never mind mehrab hossain is in now my bad

nura43
March 6, 2010, 11:11 PM
Junaid sucks

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 11:11 PM
ash will try to enjoy his batting today as he said, not concerned about if he gets any run or not

auntu
March 6, 2010, 11:12 PM
BD A won the toss and elected to bat.
Zunaed, Ash and Rakib's fate would be decided within today.

Colly is not playing.

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:13 PM
zunaed really has 2 stop throwing away those starts..he seems that he will score big and then all of a sudden has a brain fart and gets out 2 a disappointing score..guess thats with every bangladeshi batsman..

auntu
March 6, 2010, 11:17 PM
So end of Zunaed.

Let's see about 'self satisfied' Rakib. He is happy to score 40s,30s and 20s.. .

nura43
March 6, 2010, 11:18 PM
vais any working link to watch or get live score?

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:19 PM
So end of Zunaed.

Let's see about 'self satisfied' Rakib. He is happy to score 40s,30s and 20s.. .

would rather want consistent 20's, 30's 40's compared 2 once in a blue moon 100s and then straight duckz..

auntu
Live score will appear here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/fds/hi/statistics/cricket/scorecards/2010/3/84181/html/scorecard.stm) . BD-A won the toss and opted to bat.
Thanks. :)

cricman
For all the grief most of you, give cricinfo ...

It wouldn't be that hard to say thank you to Andrew Miller, either via Twitter or Cricinfo for providing updates for this game.

Most of the foregin media and journalists aren;t covering this game, there out in the safari or even on Mt. Everest

auntu
March 6, 2010, 11:20 PM
would rather want consistent 20's, 30's 40's compared 2 once in a blue moon 100s and then straight duckz..
Sorry sir...these so called consistent 20s era is over.

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:22 PM
Sorry sir...these so called consistent 20s era is over.

well do any of our batsmen even hit consistent 20s even? I mean lets be honest our batsmen cant even score above 20 in consecutive odi's..pretty sad..

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:23 PM
31/1 after 11

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:23 PM
For all the grief most of you, give cricinfo ...

It wouldn't be that hard to say thank you to Andrew Miller, either via Twitter or Cricinfo for providing updates for this game.

Most of the foregin media and journalists aren;t covering this game, there out in the safari or even on Mt. Everest

good point cricman..we should all thank him for these updates..

wiseshah
March 6, 2010, 11:27 PM
andrew miller is a big supporter of bangla cricket. Cricinfo stuff tease him as father of bangladesh cricket. so hopefully u guys will be nice and polite to him. he made most of Bd cricketers profile and always try to find positive about Bd cricket . he is fighting alone in cricinfo with bunch of indian and pakistani writers

cricman
March 6, 2010, 11:34 PM
36 for 1 off 14 overs. Shamsur 13*, Mehrab 4*

drinks

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:35 PM
really interested in seeing how mehrab does..he can be a good test specialist 4 us in the future..

MarufH
March 6, 2010, 11:54 PM
Mehrab would be a good choice in slow tracks.

Tiger444
March 6, 2010, 11:56 PM
Mehrab would be a good choice in slow tracks.

true..because of his batting against spin is good but him against pace is questionable..

One World
March 6, 2010, 11:59 PM
All Mehrab's are haunted by Lamba's ghost.

Anher
March 7, 2010, 12:00 AM
GadhaCricket (tigercricket.com ) is long time dead. They still show following gadha news in their live update. I guess they having good time in hell.

NZ Vs BAN
NZ- 553/7(Dec) Over - 135; Rubel 5 wkts;
BAN - 87/1 Over - 17; Tamim 56*;
End of Day-2 (Test Match; Ban tour of Zim; Date: 15 Feb to 19 Feb 2010)

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:02 AM
GadhaCricket (tigercricket.com ) is long time dead. They still show following gadha news in their live update. I guess they having good time in hell.

NZ Vs BAN
NZ- 553/7(Dec) Over - 135; Rubel 5 wkts;
BAN - 87/1 Over - 17; Tamim 56*;
End of Day-2 (Test Match; Ban tour of Zim; Date: 15 Feb to 19 Feb 2010)

lol its surprising at how inefficient they are..just says how poorly organized this site is which should be the first resource to all our info..

bdtiger
March 7, 2010, 12:02 AM
Zunaed koto korse?

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:03 AM
Zunaed koto korse?

16 off of 28 balls with 3 fours..

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:04 AM
Plunkett returns at the Pavilion End. A last burst before lunch. Finn's spell, 4-2-5-0. 49 for 1 in 21st over. Shamsur 21*, Mehrab 8*

bujhee kom
March 7, 2010, 12:06 AM
Kothai khelar update phawa jhabe bhais? ECB.com?

cricman
March 7, 2010, 12:07 AM

BC Poster Andrew Miller

Anher

eikhane bhai

Tiger444
here you go javed bhai

Bugz
March 7, 2010, 12:08 AM
More wonderful umpiring by the sounds of things.

bujhee kom

BC Poster Andrew Miller

eikhane bhai

here you go javed bhai

Oohhh thank you dear cricman, Ahnaf and IKU bhai!

Tiger444
Tredwell strikes without even appealing! Shamsur is unluckily given out, caught at short leg for 21. 57 balls, 94 mins. 3x4. Fow 49-2 (21.1)

That is such bs..doesnt the opposing team have to appeal before considering the decision?

cricman
Ghada Umpire Gives SHamsur out

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:09 AM
really interested in seeing how mehrab does..he can be a good test specialist 4 us in the future..

mushfiq should be our no 4.

perhaps mehrab in 3 in place of zunaed

One World
March 7, 2010, 12:09 AM
Tredwell strikes without even appealing! Shamsur is unluckily given out, caught at short leg for 21. 57 balls, 94 mins. 3x4. Fow 49-2 (21.1)

Is this Moni again?

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:10 AM
Roquibul Hasan is the next cab off the rank

I think ash shouldve came in before roqibul

Anher
March 7, 2010, 12:11 AM
Ghada Umpire Gives SHamsur out

Gadha cant wait to see gadha ashraful in crease i guess.

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:11 AM
mushfiq should be our no 4.

perhaps mehrab in 3 in place of zunaed

lets see how mehrab does in this match..zunaed isnt doing very good but imrul has been waay worse in the test arena..so dont know what team management should do..

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:17 AM
Shuvo gone....... 21 of 49.....

Raqibul the ROCK in

nura43
March 7, 2010, 12:19 AM
No Junayed please

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:20 AM

Is this Moni again?

cant be.

he is rewarded with his latest performances, by being selected to stand in NCL final at SNBS, mirpur

jisaan
March 7, 2010, 12:21 AM
Gadha cant wait to see gadha ashraful in crease i guess.

forget his big mouth ... he is at the bottom of his confidence

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:23 AM
a player like Rock, who likes to graft should graft for long long time. look at pilot at NCL played 125 balls for 27. raqibul grafts bat fails after 30-40 balls. thats not good

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:25 AM
a player like Rock, who likes to graft should graft for long long time. look at pilot at NCL played 125 balls for 27. raqibul grafts bat fails after 30-40 balls. thats not good

ya he has to convert those 30-40 to 70-80 off of 170-180 balls..but that does require a lot of skill 2 play that many deliveries..lets see if the rock can show his skills here..

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:32 AM
Mehrab Hossain c Prior b Plunkett 9. 64 balls, 82 mins, 1x4. FoW 71-3 26.5 overs. And here comes Ashraful ...
yes lets see how ash comes out today..any predictions?

sadi
March 7, 2010, 12:32 AM
loser Mehrab!

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:33 AM
also didnt like how defensive mehrab was..9 off of 64 balls even in a 3 day match is still pretty poor..mehrabs gotta improve on his scoring ability or else he wont be worthy of a test spot..

jisaan
March 7, 2010, 12:35 AM
Mehrab Hossain c Prior b Plunkett 9. 64 balls, 82 mins, 1x4. FoW 71-3 26.5 overs. And here comes Ashraful ...
yes lets see how ash comes out today..any predictions?

3 ducks in last 4 innings
1st ball duck in the last innings...
this guy can only play better ... or equal his last time efforts

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:37 AM
so no performances yet that deserves a TEST TEAM CALLUP

nmhimal
March 7, 2010, 12:38 AM
Lunch: 71 for 3 off 28 overs.

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:39 AM
Roqibul 18, 21 balls, Ashraful 0 from 1. Extras 7. b 1 lb 3 nb 3. Lunch: 71 for 3 off 28 overs.

Zeeshan
March 7, 2010, 12:41 AM
how many hattricks does ash have.........in terms of scoring three consec. ducks?

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:41 AM
3 ducks in last 4 innings
1st ball duck in the last innings...
this guy can only play better ... or equal his last time efforts

ya even a 10 would be an accomplishment lol..he needs a big innings today if he really wants to stay in the squad..

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 12:42 AM
roqibul is playing an ODI innings here lol..hope he can make a big score today along with ash..

kmasum
March 7, 2010, 12:48 AM
how many hrs till game to start?

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 12:58 AM
roqibul is playing an ODI innings here lol..hope he can make a big score today along with ash..

all i want is him to bat until the end of the innings or at least 200 balls, no matter if the SR is 0 or 200.

18 or 21, may be 16 of those runs came from edges past WK or slip.......

anyway good to see him in positive mood.

have u read his interview on Prothom-alo today ????

Proyojone Haat Khule marte Pari (http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_03_07/content_zoom/2010_03_07_23_3_b.jpg)

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 01:03 AM
all i want is him to bat until the end of the innings or at least 200 balls, no matter if the SR is 0 or 200.

Proyojone Haat Khule marte Pari (http://www.eprothomalo.com/contents/2010/2010_03_07/content_zoom/2010_03_07_23_3_b.jpg)

nah bro cant read bengali..if you could translate it that would be great..

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 01:06 AM
a 70 plus innings from both will secure their place in national team, i guess

One World
March 7, 2010, 01:19 AM
nah bro cant read bengali..if you could translate it that would be great..

He thinks he bats based on the condition and it is wiser to graft rather than do power hitting if team is struggling due to top order failure. He thinks his batting in two tests against India was the main reason of his seclusion from the team. Also he is getting out after making around 30/40 runs which should be prolonged to 50+ as now demand from fans has extended a lot. He also thinks those he think he is not an ODI material do not really understand cricket at all. He believes Jamie is a great coach and very supportive to players, mostly he seems to have no grudge for his drop out. The huge amount of sixes he hit during U-19 practice gave him the nick name Flintoff of which he seemed to be well proud of.

cricman
March 7, 2010, 01:19 AM
Ash is gone for 1

Kinslayer
March 7, 2010, 01:20 AM
Ashraful out !

Naimul_Hd
March 7, 2010, 01:20 AM
Ash really needs to take some break from Cricket. He should marry now and then go to some beautiful place for his honeymoon !

One World
March 7, 2010, 01:21 AM
Ashraful out !

Ash is gone for 1

Looking for a heavy bowling performance from him.

cricman
March 7, 2010, 01:21 AM
how do you get out to short leg

Sadcricman

Naimul_Hd
March 7, 2010, 01:24 AM
lolz....today Ash scored his Second highest Score of 1 in last 5 first class innings ! what a mockery !

magic boy
March 7, 2010, 01:27 AM
OMG! Ash out for 1 and yet no new thread!!!! :o :P

he needs a long term break btw

Anher
March 7, 2010, 01:28 AM
I am so sad thinking Ash will be starving today, no duck roast on plate. Golden duck na hok pati duck holeo cholto.

BD Tigers
March 7, 2010, 01:28 AM
how do you get out to short leg

Sadcricman

tentative prod from Ash, ball kissed the inside ede of the bat, then pad and then looped to short leg. Thats how i think it happened. poor Ash :(

I believe he shud just go back to boom boom Ash. stop trying to be somebody u cant be.

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 01:31 AM
really sad 2 see ash go like that..he really needs 2 take a break from cricket and freshen up..his games a complete mess..

Bugz
March 7, 2010, 01:31 AM
Shuvogoto Chowdhury = Shuvogoto Hom- correct??

nsd3
March 7, 2010, 01:38 AM
what's the score aft lunch?

wasi_ahmed
March 7, 2010, 01:43 AM
Yes, CI has updated his profile (http://www.cricinfo.com/bdeshdomestic-09/content/current/player/402992.html) with some more info.

Shuvogoto Chowdhury = Shuvogoto Hom- correct??

Bugz
March 7, 2010, 01:46 AM
Ahh, thanks. Hopefully A. Miller doesn't deliver any more wicket updates for a while- I would really like to see Rocky make a big score.

bdtiger
March 7, 2010, 01:50 AM
Ashraful 1. Well done!! Hope selectors will give him a break.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 01:50 AM
OMG! Ash out for 1 and yet no new thread!!!! :o :P

he needs a long term break btw

there will be threads if he scored 20+, or if he still gets a test callup

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 01:51 AM
so another bright prospect in Shuvogoto hom chowdhury.... lets see whats he made of.

Rifat
March 7, 2010, 01:53 AM
Ash really needs to take some break from Cricket. He should marry now and then go to some beautiful place for his honeymoon !

Idea of the Day:saint:

Zeeshan
March 7, 2010, 01:57 AM
bangali manusher khali khaya daya kaaj kaam nai...onnor biya niya gobeshona kore.

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 02:00 AM
Score update please ?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

wasi_ahmed
March 7, 2010, 02:01 AM
Nay, he will be unable to build a partnership there, the marriage will end up in divorce.

Naimul_Hd
March 7, 2010, 02:02 AM
bangali manusher khali khaya daya kaaj kaam nai...onnor biya niya gobeshona kore.

arey bhais, Lady Luck bole ekta jinish ache...bujhlen ! ami nije ekhono inexperieced ei bepare but oneker khetre dekhchi...biya korar por por e ki shundor ektar por ekta good news peyei jacche ! tai vablam, ash er pith jokhon deyale thekei gese tokhon Lady Luck try korle kemon hoy ! ;)

Bugz
March 7, 2010, 02:04 AM
Hom gone- caught at Mid-on. :( Deary me.

Zeeshan
arey bhais, Lady Luck bole ekta jinish ache...bujhlen ! ami nije ekhono inexperieced ei bepare but oneker khetre dekhchi...biya korar por por e ki shundor ektar por ekta good news peyei jacche ! tai vablam, ash er pith jokhon deyale thekei gese tokhon Lady Luck try korle kemon hoy ! ;)

haha dont worry bhai it wasnt directed you in particular. everytime i go to dhaka, i hear the same unsolicited advice on how i should get married and s.. marriage, just like going to college, or religion, these are all personal matters but in our culture these things are forced upon others.

apologize for the digression. back on topic: score please? :)

wasi_ahmed
Now Hom's gone for 9.

mona
March 7, 2010, 02:06 AM

Kinthu apni jannen na je amader shob khelawarder biyer por porei obostha kharap hoiye gesey?

Zeeshan
March 7, 2010, 02:07 AM
Kinthu apni jannen na je amader shob khelawarder biyer por porei obostha kharap hoiye gesey?

mona apa...apnee ekhane? chular panir bolok uthe jache na? :P

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:08 AM
He thinks he bats based on the condition and it is wiser to graft rather than do power hitting if team is struggling due to top order failure. He thinks his batting in two tests against India was the main reason of his seclusion from the team. Also he is getting out after making around 30/40 runs which should be prolonged to 50+ as now demand from fans has extended a lot. He also thinks those he think he is not an ODI material do not really understand cricket at all. He believes Jamie is a great coach and very supportive to players, mostly he seems to have no grudge for his drop out. The huge amount of sixes he hit during U-19 practice gave him the nick name Flintoff of which he seemed to be well proud of.

thanks a lot one world bhai..well thats interesting from roqibul..he thinkz grafting is the way 2 approach rather then power hitting which i think is different compared 2 the other batsmen..thats good that he realizes that he needs 2 convert those 30's and 40's in2 50's..he does need 2 be able 2 take singles better and thats good he knows why he got dropped..hopefully he fixes up his game and comes back strong..we need a reliable batsman on the team..

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 02:10 AM
Score update please ?

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:11 AM
The hundred's up. 41.5 overs. 174 mins
Roqibul 31*. 99 for 5 after 41 overs. Tredwell has 3 for 40 off 13 overs

Zeeshan
March 7, 2010, 02:11 AM
thanks a lot one world bhai..well thats interesting from roqibul..he thinkz grafting is the way 2 approach rather then power hitting which i think is different compared 2 the other batsmen..thats good that he realizes that he needs 2 convert those 30's and 40's in2 50's..he does need 2 be able 2 take singles better and thats good he knows why he got dropped..hopefully he fixes up his game and comes back strong..we need a reliable batsman on the team..

i think we have some clear examples of polar opposites in our team. ash/tamim is on one end of the spectrum who leaves no ball untouched, on the other hand guys like rock/imrul can only play in the comfort zone of tuk tuk cricket... a good player imo should be able to switch gears comfortably.

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:12 AM
Shuvo is the next to go. c Finn (mid-on) b Tredwell 9 (29 balls, 1 x 4) 97 for 5

mona
March 7, 2010, 02:13 AM
mona apa...apnee ekhane? chular panir bolok uthe jache na? :P

Eh amake ki mone korsen! Ranna bari shesh kore, ghor musey, ami boshchi khela dekte.

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 02:14 AM
We need Rokibul in ODI and Test

shujan
Can anyone please provide the latest score?

Naimul_Hd
haha dont worry bhai it wasnt directed you in particular. everytime i go to dhaka, i hear the same unsolicited advice on how i should get married and s.. marriage, just like going to college, or religion, these are all personal matters but in our culture these things are forced upon others.

apologize for the digression. back on topic: score please? :)

LOL....arey dhur bhai, i didnt get offended by ur comment. we are cool ! :D

perfect timing boleo ekta jinish ache cricket e...so does in our life ! ash er jonno eita perfect time...onnera agey agey kore timing miss korche.... ! L-)

back to the match...Roqibul is looking good here...i think he will surely play in 1st test match !

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:18 AM
the batting has been very poor..the pressure is on roqibul 2 stay at the crease until close..

MarufH
March 7, 2010, 02:19 AM
Roqibul 31*. 100 for 5 after 41 overs. Tredwell has 3 for 40 off 13 overs ash. 1

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:19 AM
And that is drinks. Roqibul 35*, Sagir Hossain 8*. 111 for 5 off 44.

Zeeshan
March 7, 2010, 02:21 AM
Eh amake ki mone korsen! Ranna bari shesh kore, ghor musey, ami boshchi khela dekte.

Shera grihinir prize bond pete hole you cannot rest! :D

view360
March 7, 2010, 02:25 AM
http://static.ecb.co.uk/images/width310/matt-prior-ian-bell-884263.jpg
[বাংলা]শামসুর রহমান যে ভাবে আউট ...[/বাংলা]

view360
March 7, 2010, 02:33 AM
http://e.imagehost.org/0846/bd-a.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0848/bd-a-bowling.jpg

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 02:33 AM
what's the twitter address?

view360
March 7, 2010, 02:36 AM
what's the twitter address?

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 02:36 AM
Omg Rok really score 35 on 21 ball ?

magic boy
March 7, 2010, 02:37 AM
Rokibul FTW....

Run Rock, Run !!!http://icons.iconator.com/262/ICONATOR_1127315ddac31bf72bd8e61a55a44071.gif :-D

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 02:38 AM
Rokibul wants to get into 2020 team I guess
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Bugz
March 7, 2010, 02:39 AM
I doubt that is right...He has only hit one four.

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:42 AM
thats gotta be an error..theres no way he can have 1 four and score 35 off 21..

view360
March 7, 2010, 02:42 AM
অবশেষে রকিবের অর্ধশতক এবং সেই সাথে একটা ছক্কা !!
Two swept fours in a row to bring up Roquibul's fifty. 82 balls, 113 mins, 8x4 1x6. 132 for 5 .

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 02:45 AM
well played rock.....

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 02:48 AM
this is embarrassing..we are 132-7 now..

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 02:49 AM
Two in the over for Finn! More bounce, late movement, edged to the keeper. Dollar is broke

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 02:50 AM
only rock showed this game means something for him

view360
March 7, 2010, 02:54 AM
রকিবকে লম্বা ইনিংস খেলায় সংগ দেয়ার মনে হয় কেউ নেই ।

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 02:55 AM
this is embarrassing..we are 132-7 now..

200 will be a good score

amar11432
Nay, he will be unable to build a partnership there, the marriage will end up in divorce.

^^ He will run his wife out. Hahahaa

Naimul_Hd
our team is in total disarray !

Shaan
March 7, 2010, 02:57 AM
So, Ash's chance for the test squad is very slim there!!

Aritro
March 7, 2010, 03:00 AM
So what's the deal, surely the day's play doesn't end for a couple more hours? Why is the score stuck?

MarufH
March 7, 2010, 03:01 AM
133 for 7, 51 overs.

Gowza
March 7, 2010, 03:09 AM
gah, was hoping shuvagoto would score some decent runs, next innings. is anyone surprised at the performance of junaid and ash?

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 03:14 AM
gah, was hoping shuvagoto would score some decent runs, next innings. is anyone surprised at the performance of junaid and ash?

At all , Ash shows his consistency to score single digit runs , and Junaid is junaid : 10/20 runs..

Shaan
March 7, 2010, 03:17 AM

not really, these two need break from int. cricket for a while. They need enough practices in domestic, need plenty of runs under their belts. if they can show some maturity in their games probably then they can taken into consideration for come back at this level.

view360
March 7, 2010, 03:25 AM
Tea
Bangladesh A 158 for 7. 58 overs.
Raquibul 70*, 118 balls. Nur 6* 8

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 03:26 AM
not really, these two need break from int. cricket for a while. They need enough practices in domestic, need plenty of runs under their belts. if they can show some maturity in their games probably then they can taken into consideration for come back at this level.

It gonna be hard for them to score runs even in domestic league : ash plays 4 innings 3 DUCKS and 21 runs: 4,25 runs / innings...

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 03:27 AM
Tea
Bangladesh A 158 for 7. 58 overs.
Raquibul 70*, 118 balls. Nur 6* 8
He deserves a hundred

view360
March 7, 2010, 03:31 AM
He deserves a hundred

Provided that he will get support from his fellow batsmen till the end.

nura43
March 7, 2010, 03:32 AM
Roqibul 70* in 118 balls. Lets now talk about him. He is better than many so called stars in BD team. I knew he would come back strongly Inshallah.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 03:42 AM
Roqibul 70* in 118 balls. Lets now talk about him. He is better than many so called stars in BD team. I knew he would come back strongly Inshallah.

well, lets hope he caries this form when he comes back in the test arena

view360
March 7, 2010, 03:43 AM
None will be happier than JS if Rokib does make it to a ton. Let us all hope for the best. He can play longer innings with the record of being the only BD batsman of scoring a 1st class triple ton .
But bad news : " Four for Tredwell ... Nur has a massive wipe, big top-edge, Bell calls for it under the lid. 158 for 8 "

nura43
March 7, 2010, 03:47 AM
Nur c Bell b Tredwell 6 (13 balls, 32 mins, 1x4) FoW 158 for 8 (59.5 overs)

aniksh1
March 7, 2010, 03:48 AM
lol....Ashraful..tor monta kothay re bhai...

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 03:48 AM
Nur c Bell b Tredwell 6 (13 balls, 32 mins, 1x4) FoW 158 for 8 (59.5 overs)

RICK now running out of parnter..... needs to accelerate to get his century

One World
March 7, 2010, 03:53 AM
Here I am finished my taxes in Turbotax and just giving me freaking error, sadly when I go back and say delete, it won't. Checking the community site it seems many others are pissed by the software due to this bug :).

Just did some advertising for H&R block I guess :-D.

Warlock
March 7, 2010, 03:55 AM
I had no idea that ROK has a first class triple hundred.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 03:56 AM
None will be happier than JS if Rokib does make it to a ton. Let us all hope for the best. He can play longer innings with the record of being the only BD batsman of scoring a 1st class triple ton .
But bad news : " Four for Tredwell ... Nur has a massive wipe, big top-edge, Bell calls for it under the lid. 158 for 8 "

except that 313*, rakibul has only one other century in 32 FC matches and only 10 half century. and only 33 average. a player who can play long innings should have more 50s and 100s and average over 40 in FC match

in 14 test innings only 1 half century. thats the sad part. average below 20.

wishing him the best for the future

Warlock
March 7, 2010, 03:57 AM
Well now Rasel is gone too, guess ROK would really have to accelerate a la Mushfiq/ Mahmudullah.

Gowza
March 7, 2010, 03:57 AM
well i use to be a fan of raqibul but in his test career to date he's proven that he has much difficulty sighting the ball early enough, the england attack in this practice match isn't anything special so it really doesn't tell us that much imo, however if broad and onions are out then the english attack for the test matches won't be so good and maybe raqibul could be of use. but if mushy is made to be a specialist batsman then he should bat at #4 and we still need a #3, i don't think raqibul should bat at #3 in tests, not with what he's shown to date in his test career.

Warlock
March 7, 2010, 04:01 AM
except that 313*, rakibul has only one other century in 32 FC matches and only 10 half century. and only 33 average. a player who can play long innings should have more 50s and 100s and average over 40 in FC match

He seems to have a cool head, compared to most of the other players. At least very few of his dismissals are due to crazy shots and wild swipes. I think he has the ability to play long inning, all he needs is a little bit of confidence. If he scores a ton today, hopefully that will give hime some confidence.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:01 AM
Raquibul 85*, Robiul Islam is the new man. Tredwell 25-8-76-5, 176 for 9 (63.2 overs)

tredwell is geting a confidence booster in the match

view360
March 7, 2010, 04:03 AM
Raquibul 85* . Robiul Islam is the last man to support him.

Warlock
March 7, 2010, 04:04 AM
well i use to be a fan of raqibul but in his test career to date he's proven that he has much difficulty sighting the ball early enough, the england attack in this practice match isn't anything special so it really doesn't tell us that much imo, however if broad and onions are out then the english attack for the test matches won't be so good and maybe raqibul could be of use. but if mushy is made to be a specialist batsman then he should bat at #4 and we still need a #3, i don't think raqibul should bat at #3 in tests, not with what he's shown to date in his test career.
I guess Aftab or Junaed will bat at No. 3. It is too early to promote Mahmud at that place. And for Mushi, he will be keeping so he would probably want to bat at 5 or 6. Probably they are going to drop Naeem to accomodate Rok in the test line-up.

Gowza
March 7, 2010, 04:04 AM
He seems to have a cool head, compared to most of the other players. At least very few of his dismissals are due to crazy shots and wild swipes. I think he has the ability to play long inning, all he needs is a little bit of confidence. If he scores a ton today, hopefully that will give hime some confidence.

rok has the temperament he just has trouble figuring out what the ball is going to do, thus he doesn't get out to a rash shot but simply just gets outplayed.

view360
March 7, 2010, 04:05 AM

Players like Rokib worth investing some exposures unlike some other who will remain the same after playing 100+ test match.

Gowza
March 7, 2010, 04:07 AM
I guess Aftab or Junaed will bat at No. 3. It is too early to promote Mahmud at that place. And for Mushi, he will be keeping so he would probably want to bat at 5 or 6. Probably they are going to drop Naeem to accomodate Rok in the test line-up.

naeem hasn't even been in the test line-up. from what i've read in the NCL final match only jahurul looks close to being ready so i guess if we're going to try someone knew it should be jahurul. honestly i'd prefer someone new to aftab or junaid, neither deserve a test spot. i agree that riyad should'nt be moved up to 3, highest he should bat atm is #4 but i'd prefer mushy at 4.

view360
March 7, 2010, 04:07 AM
Rokib hits ton !!!!!! Congratulations !!

Miraz
March 7, 2010, 04:08 AM
Congrats Rokibul. He should be immediately recalled in the squad. He was wrongly axed in the first place.

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 04:09 AM
Rokib hits ton !!!!!! Congratulations !!

Need him to score a ton in TEST

magic boy
March 7, 2010, 04:10 AM
that's the player Bangladesh Cricket needs. devoted as well as winner. well done Rokib....proud of your effort:applause:

view360
March 7, 2010, 04:10 AM
Congrats Rokibul. He should be immediately recalled in the squad. He was wrongly axed in the first place.

Definitely . He even hit 3x sixes !!

beshideshi
March 7, 2010, 04:11 AM
Well done Raqib. I certainly hope this guy makes the test and ODI team, we really need his grittiness.

Nocturnal
Reached the hundred by pulling Tredwell through midwicket. 150 balls, 181 mins, 14 x 4, 3 x 6
Some lusty late blows, and that's a superb hundred for Raquibul. Richly deserved, and he's in the Test team, surely

source- http://twitter.com/miller_cricket

al-Sagar

i think the axe helped him to regroup his thoughts.

now just hope he carries this form into the test matches. just hope he does not get back to the 20-30 mode again.

congratz raqibul

cleazer
March 7, 2010, 04:14 AM
Excellent Raqib!

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 04:15 AM
Look at ash...1 run. Shame on you Mr TALENT

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:19 AM
200/9 after 69 over - says commentator of atn bangla (NCL final)!!

beshideshi
March 7, 2010, 04:20 AM
Rockib hit THREE SIXES :|

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 04:25 AM
I will say axe or rest was helpful to revive his career

we need to do this for other players too if they are offform

AsifTheManRahman
What up Bangies. Looks like the Rock has finally cooked something nice, but whether he should be in the Test team is a different question. Maybe he should.

The A team still sucks though. Ashraful 1? Haha!

dolcevita
Rockib hit THREE SIXES :|

rok deserves a spot in T20 squad ahead of loser like ashrafool , aftabol , junaid

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 04:26 AM
What up Bangies. Looks like the Rock has finally cooked something nice, but whether he should be in the Test team is a different question. Maybe he should.

The A team still sucks though. Ashraful 1? Haha!

You want Ash , Junaid in test ????

Rabz
March 7, 2010, 04:27 AM
Congrats to Roqibul for a magnificent century.
Thats how you grab your opportunity with both hands.

wiseshah
My line up for 1st test

tamim
kayes
mushfiq
rokibul
shakib
mahmudullah
naeem
shohrawardi shuvo
shahadat
shafiul
rubel

AsifTheManRahman
You want Ash , Junaid in test ????
Nope, not at all.

nura43
March 7, 2010, 04:28 AM
Tredwell changes ends and wraps up the innings. A mow across the line, and that's the end of that

wiseshah
March 7, 2010, 04:28 AM
Instead of naeem we can play dhiman ghosh as a wkt keeper

he is showing superb batting and his keeping is top class

dolcevita
March 7, 2010, 04:30 AM
202 all out

nura43
March 7, 2010, 04:30 AM
Robiul Islam was the last to go, for 4. 202 all out. Tredwell takes six

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:31 AM
202 allout

One World
March 7, 2010, 04:33 AM
Yes, tenacious D rok rocks.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:34 AM
so now rasel, rabiul, dollar, nur hossain and our latest bowling sensation ashDAfool will get chance to bowl

One World
March 7, 2010, 04:37 AM
How many overs left for Eng-desh

Nocturnal
March 7, 2010, 04:37 AM
Rock 107 not out off 165 balls!

beshideshi
March 7, 2010, 04:38 AM
In our last series against the Brits, our highest test score was 255, followed by a 203. And this time around our 2nd batting line up scores 202, Quite impressive. http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/60752.html

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:38 AM

thanks to Raqibul to keep my wish of stayimg not out till the end.

AsifTheManRahman
March 7, 2010, 04:39 AM
So those who are watching this live, how did Rock look overall? A hundred is always special, but I'm interested to know if he was comfortable at the beginning and whether there were any obvious weaknesses on display.

view360
March 7, 2010, 04:39 AM
202 all out. 70.2 overs. Roquibul 107*, 165 balls, 206 mins, 15 x 4, 3 x 6.

One World
March 7, 2010, 04:43 AM
There is about 15/16 overs of days' play left, how many wickets to grab?

Warlock
March 7, 2010, 04:48 AM
In our last series against the Brits, our highest test score was 255, followed by a 203. And this time around our 2nd batting line up scores 202, Quite impressive. http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/60752.html

Apart from Rok, others were not so impressive. I am dissapointed by the poor show from Junaed and Mehrab Jnr., not to mention Mr. Ash.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 04:48 AM
Carberry's been sconed! A painful welcome to the crease. The physio is coming out, but he's back on his feet now

Warlock
March 7, 2010, 04:50 AM
Well, at least Dollar is showing some fight!