PDA

View Full Version : Who are our prospects to keep until the 2011 world cup?

aklemalp
February 25, 2010, 10:22 AM
well i just want your views on this topic

rahat90
February 25, 2010, 11:58 AM
do u mean keep as 'wicket keeper'?
if yes then the answer is no one to be honest
rahim is the one.
the others are either not good enough, or have no batting capability. and the bd batting lineup is not strong enough to sacrifice a batsman for a wicket keeper who cannot bat. IF A KEEPER THAT COMES IN IS 100% PERFECT, then yes this is worth the sacrifice, but whats to say that he too wont drop catches/miss stumpings?
other replacements i see are: dhiman, shahin hossain, saghir.
however in saying that, i do see a FUTURE replacement in anamul haque. but he is way way way to young to take over the gloves

dolcevita
February 25, 2010, 12:00 PM
Mush is pretty good against pace bowling but poor against spin hope he can improve
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Tiger Manc
February 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
The only one batting wise that could replace Mushy with the gloves is Anamul Haque, nut I don't know how good his keeping is.

rahat90
February 25, 2010, 12:12 PM
The only one batting wise that could replace Mushy with the gloves is Anamul Haque, nut I don't know how good his keeping is.

we should not replace rahim 'batting wise'. he is too good a batsman to leave out.
i want him to be our permanent #3, its time we had some solidity in there.
anamul haque could come into the team in two three years time if he continues to improve, and i see him being an opener alongside tamim.
but till then, unless something dramatic happens, i see rahim continuing for the next couple of years or so

Tiger Manc
February 25, 2010, 12:28 PM
we should not replace rahim 'batting wise'. he is too good a batsman to leave out.
i want him to be our permanent #3, its time we had some solidity in there.
anamul haque could come into the team in two three years time if he continues to improve, and i see him being an opener alongside tamim.
but till then, unless something dramatic happens, i see rahim continuing for the next couple of years or so

Yeah what I meant was any wicketkeeper that was good enough as a batsman that we could bring into the team without having to sacrifice another batsman.

al-Sagar
February 25, 2010, 12:37 PM
i dont think anamaul mithun, dhiman or shahin are better than mushfiq, they are all the same

Tiger Manc
February 25, 2010, 01:26 PM
i dont think anamaul mithun, dhiman or shahin are better than mushfiq, they are all the same

In terms of wicketkeeping? If that's the case then there's no-one who can replace Mushy with the gloves :(

Purbasha T
February 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
OK, can we bring back Pilot just for keeping? I mean, Mushy would bat but he wouldn't be in the field and get replaced by Pilot who'll do the keeping job. Howzzaaat?? :smug:

Gowza
February 25, 2010, 03:29 PM
mithun, dhiman and anamul are the ones we should be looking at. they really should have played one or 2 of these guys in the BCB XI's and should have them in the upcoming A team match. but the thing is if mushy starts scoring runs in ODI cricket then it's going to be tough to play him as a batsman and pick another keeper because it means we have to open up a spot for a keeper and that means dropping someone from another role (probably the thing to do would be to try one of mushy/riyad/naeem as the #3 and drop aftab/junaid).

M.H.Rubel
February 26, 2010, 06:51 AM
In terms of wicketkeeping? If that's the case then there's no-one who can replace Mushy with the gloves :(

1.Dhiman is a good and sharp keeper i have no doubt about it.With gloves he is better than Mushy.
2.Though i have not seen him but i heard that Shagir is also a good with the gloves.On the other hand he is improving his batting(Not doing bad with the bat in NCL) as well so i ll keep my eye on Shagir.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition