PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Shahzada

khalek
February 26, 2010, 04:10 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56020.html

So when are we kicking Rubel out of the side and give this guy an opportunity? Just compare the FC records of Rubel and Shahzada, the selectors are dumb so are the BD fans for rating the below par Rubel so highly.

wiseshah
February 26, 2010, 04:51 AM
lol, this time what rubel has done wrong?

he just got 5 wkt few days ago

wrong time and wrong thread.

this shahjada/prince or rajputro------- will have to join in the long waiting list.

kalpurush
February 26, 2010, 04:53 AM

So when are we kicking Rubel out of the side and give this guy an opportunity? Just compare the FC records of Rubel and Shahzada, the selectors are dumb so are the BD fans for rating the below par Rubel so highly.
Ustad, shudhu upni-e budhdhiman! Amra upner dumb shishsho!!:notworthy:

khalek
February 26, 2010, 05:01 AM
lol, this time what rubel has done wrong?

he just got 5 wkt few days ago

wrong time and wrong thread.

this shahjada/prince or rajputro------- will have to join in the long waiting list.

Yeah and what a gorgeous five-fer it was! :notworthy:

O M R W Econ
29 1 166 5 5.72 (8nb, 3w)

8 nb and 3 wides and what a lovely economy rate, well that's just class by our standards isnt it?

wiseshah
February 26, 2010, 05:17 AM
lol, where do u get this shajada?

before him-- we have subhashis, talha, sajedul, emon, robin, rasel, alauddin babu,robiul islam shiplu.

and all of a sudden u bring shahzada and compare with rubel (to accomodate him we have to drop pacer like najmul and shahadat)

this shajada is not even in the top 20 bowler in NCL

_Rafi_
February 26, 2010, 05:18 AM
Demand of the year:)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 05:19 AM
shahjada is decent player playing at the peak of his career.

rubel has just started his career, and has a lot of potential to go way way further than shahjada's reach.

rubel will show what he can be within the next one year.

Bugz
February 26, 2010, 05:41 AM
He's 23 years old. Hardly at the peak of his career.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 05:51 AM
He's 23 years old. Hardly at the peak of his career.

some players, specially from subcontinent and specially from bd or pak peaks in 20-25 and then fades away

ash, aftab, kapali, nafees, rokon, opi, biddyut, sajal chowdhury......

then imrannazir, yasir hamid, wasti..... lots of examples.....

nura43
February 26, 2010, 05:52 AM
Rubel has the potential of becoming a speedster in BD team. we need real fast bowler.....not medium fast bowlers. What is Shahazada's average speed?

beshideshi
February 26, 2010, 06:08 AM
The stats are certainly more than impressive. An average of 21 is impressive no matter what the competition. He may be given a chance.
But the thing with Rubel is, he is a very rare breed. A real pacer who knocks 90mph barrier very often. and has the potential to become one of the finest pacer in the sub continent. And for that he needs experience, and out domestic standard is not yet good enough to help groom world class players. That's why I think Rubel should be exposed to international cricket as it will help him grow.

wiseshah
February 26, 2010, 06:24 AM
we need more a or academy team tour

khalek
February 26, 2010, 07:27 AM
He's picked up a 6 fer just a few days ago in a match where 3-104 was the 2nd best bowling figures so that says something about him.

Ok I agree Rubel is probably only BD bowler who's got the ability to bowl 6 deliveries in an over @ 140-145 kph but then 'Pace is not everything' comes in to mind. Look at Kemar Roach, he looks a sensational bowler cause he broke Ricky's elbow but is he as effective as say Bollinger, Steyn or Zaheer Khan? Mohammad Aamer is probably the only bowler who uses his pace well and already looks like a star but Rubel is not even half a star.

What's the use of other bowlers performing regularly at the NCL and then guys like Rubel getting opportunities after averaging 150 in a season with the ball? Are the selectors nuts? It's not about pace and sheer aggression but it's about being effective and being able to pick up wickets/controlling the runs and imo Rubel fails at both.

yaseer
February 26, 2010, 07:47 AM
As far as I remember, Shahjada was tried in "A" team before and performed badly.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 07:55 AM
He's picked up a 6 fer just a few days ago in a match where 3-104 was the 2nd best bowling figures so that says something about him.

Ok I agree Rubel is probably only BD bowler who's got the ability to bowl 6 deliveries in an over @ 140-145 kph but then 'Pace is not everything' comes in to mind. Look at Kemar Roach, he looks a sensational bowler cause he broke Ricky's elbow but is he as effective as say Bollinger, Steyn or Zaheer Khan? Mohammad Aamer is probably the only bowler who uses his pace well and already looks like a star but Rubel is not even half a star.

What's the use of other bowlers performing regularly at the NCL and then guys like Rubel getting opportunities after averaging 150 in a season with the ball? Are the selectors nuts? It's not about pace and sheer aggression but it's about being effective and being able to pick up wickets/controlling the runs and imo Rubel fails at both.

so who got wickets against NZ, though he gave a lot of runs.

who got the figures of 4/33 against srilanka and won us the match, though it was shakibs innings that was more influential.

we have seen the likes of dollar mahmud and robin given the chance play for national team and just see the difference. the stats they have in national cricket doesnot replicate in international cricket.

all our bowlers, when they go to international arena goes for runs, specially pacers. because all of them are not consistent and pitch the ball way short or full, which is giving them wickets in domestic level but that goes for runs in international level.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 07:59 AM
rubel has shown he can trouble batsman with his bounce, his pace, his reverse swing. but every now and then he bowls a boundary ball. also i have seen in a match when he should have bowled yorkers ashraful was asking him to bowl bouncers and he was being pulled for 4s and 6s.

we have a great prospect in rubel, but we need to to grow him and use him properly.

khalek
February 26, 2010, 08:04 AM
As far as I remember, Shahjada was tried in "A" team before and performed badly.

He hasn't gone on any 'A' tours but he has played for BCB XI against some international touring side. Even if he underperformed, that counts as only one opportunity in which he failed but look at Rubel, he is failing all the time yet he's being given so many opportunities but we just don't realize how many games is losing for us with his undisciplined bowling as he manages to somehow make up for it with his quick bowling and win our hearts.

khalek
February 26, 2010, 08:12 AM
so who got wickets against NZ, though he gave a lot of runs.

who got the figures of 4/33 against srilanka and won us the match, though it was shakibs innings that was more influential.

we have seen the likes of dollar mahmud and robin given the chance play for national team and just see the difference. the stats they have in national cricket doesnot replicate in international cricket.

all our bowlers, when they go to international arena goes for runs, specially pacers. because all of them are not consistent and pitch the ball way short or full, which is giving them wickets in domestic level but that goes for runs in international level.

Those are just couple of performances. The five fer against NZ doesn't count really, it was just terrible. He was known as a very good OD bowler when he first came to the scene and he proved that against SL and then what happened? He was one of the main culprits for our exit from the T20 world in 2009 (Check his figures) Yes he did bowl with pace but he wasn't effective.

Statswise even Baisya and Jubair had better starts to their careers than Rubel. What really is the guarantee that he will turn into a great bowler one day even with coaching and stuff? Yes he can get good bounce and reverse the ball a little bit but he doesn't seem to be able to use it. He can improve on those but it will take him ages to improve on them as he is just another stubborn Bangladeshi seamer who just wants to spray the bowl around. How much time can we waste on his development or rather how many matches can we lose just for the sake of his development?

Eshen
February 26, 2010, 08:21 AM
You are remembering wrong matches then. Shahzada last played for the A-team back in 2006, against Zimbabwe, and did pretty well.

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107481.html
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107482.html

hoodlum
February 26, 2010, 08:21 AM
I'm speechless by your demand! LOL
All i can say is keep dreaming...

khalek
February 26, 2010, 08:24 AM
You are remembering wrong matches then. Shahzada last played for the A-team back in 2006, against Zimbabwe, and did pretty well.

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107481.html
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/107/107482.html

Just look at those performances, they were 4 years and I still can't believe he hasn't played for Bangladesh and on the other hand, Rubel is being referrred as the pace sensation for no reason.

Screw the selectors.

hoodlum
February 26, 2010, 08:44 AM
Stat-wise Halim Shah,Hasanuzzaman were one of the best...Why didnt we consider them?
If Rubel is a pace sensation with no reason according to u then except Mash nobody is a pace sensation in Bangladesh.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 09:44 AM
so now my question, why u select rubel as the man to go out???

why not shafiul, is there a bowler on the wings who has played good for a long time, why our selectors are drafting in some one season wonders like shafiul, dollar,sajedul or robin ??? all of them got their chance with only one good seasons whereas shajada is being neglected for 4-5 years ?????

One World
February 26, 2010, 09:58 AM
Good point, but why Shahzada? There is Talha, AB and yes yes swing star Milon.

Murad
February 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
He is a good bowler but the thing is he bowls too slow. 70-80MPH range.

One World
February 26, 2010, 10:03 AM
Just look at those performances, they were 4 years and I still can't believe he hasn't played for Bangladesh and on the other hand, Rubel is being referrred as the pace sensation for no reason.

Screw the selectors.

Looked and agree on the bolded part because Dolar > Shahzada and he is not in the team. If anybody have a doubt on this equality read the Cricinfo article when Dolar, missing an important L in the middle, how started to sweep up the currency market on a given day ;).

sadi
February 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
As far as I can remember, Shahjada was struggling to make the Mohamedan team in this year's DPL. In some games, Mohamedan even went with just one pacer (Rana Naved) and even when he got a chance, he would bowl 2-3 overs only. Saw his bowling on TV. He is very average to be honest.

mahbubH
February 26, 2010, 10:07 AM
Shahazada played in Duleep trophy for BD selection and did really bad few years back.

B_IKHAN_71
February 26, 2010, 10:30 AM
Those are just couple of performances. The five fer against NZ doesn't count really, it was just terrible. He was known as a very good OD bowler when he first came to the scene and he proved that against SL and then what happened? He was one of the main culprits for our exit from the T20 world in 2009 (Check his figures) Yes he did bowl with pace but he wasn't effective.

Statswise even Baisya and Jubair had better starts to their careers than Rubel. What really is the guarantee that he will turn into a great bowler one day even with coaching and stuff? Yes he can get good bounce and reverse the ball a little bit but he doesn't seem to be able to use it. He can improve on those but it will take him ages to improve on them as he is just another stubborn Bangladeshi seamer who just wants to spray the bowl around. How much time can we waste on his development or rather how many matches can we lose just for the sake of his development?

looks like this guy khalek has relli gott it in 4 rubel :lol: in his eyes no mata what he duz looks like hil always hav a bad thing to say abbt him ., am i rung ???
Anyway is dis guy shazada related to you or something , y the sudden hypee.?? :-*

NKVD
February 26, 2010, 10:51 AM
Khalek Munshee - what are you smoking, bhai ?

Baisha comparable to Rubel, like c'mon man. Did you like have a dream of this fella...so now you are so hung up for him !!

Or does his Pakistani sounding name turn you on, yaarr !

No disrespect meant, bhai, but please, learn how to take feedback from ppl. That is the biggest problem in ppl here.

Farhad
February 26, 2010, 11:27 AM
I think youre being a little hard on Rubel here. By no means is he the best of bowlers atm, but with his pace, (relative) accuracy, and aggression, he has the potential to be much, much more. The only way to foster that potential is to have him play against decent sides. Theres no point in him bullying around domestic sides - he had an avg of 16 (thats less than Shakib) and a SR of 25 (thats more than 2 wickets/match) in DPL this year - when he can learn how to outwit real professionals on the field. He couldn't even dream of those figures a year ago before he got into the national side. Thats what one year of international experience did for him.

Add to that his pace and ability to throw off batsmen, and its a no-brainer...

Ajfar
February 26, 2010, 11:39 AM
holy cow only 23 and already played 51 first class matches??? where the hell did he play all these matches??

our players don't usually have this much match under their belt this early on

dolcevita
February 26, 2010, 11:43 AM
Rubel and Shafiul are the best pair of pacer we have ever produce
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Farhad
February 26, 2010, 11:43 AM
holy cow only 23 and already played 51 first class matches??? where the hell did he play all these matches??

I'm a little surprised myself. He's definitely one to keep an eye on. Not at Rubels expense though (unless his mechanics completely break down)...

tiger1000
February 26, 2010, 12:11 PM
He is a good bowler but the thing is he bowls too slow. 70-80MPH range.

Are you sure about the speed. If he does bowl at that speed then world class players will take him apart

tiger_omar
February 26, 2010, 12:19 PM
How can I rate threads? Please tell me so I can give a poor rating to this one.

Tigers_eye
February 26, 2010, 12:20 PM

Boyosh churi kora kono bapar na!!

The_Yorker
February 26, 2010, 01:58 PM
Shahajada has one of the best averages in domestic matches, if not the best. Look at his stats. I believe he was not given enough exposures in international matches. Only few international matches do not justify someone’s ability. He was really one of the best few years ago. His performance in recent years has degraded though, until his last first class performance. If he keeps performing the same way, I am sure he will be called up unless falls into selection politics as he has been in the past. In contrast, Rubel is at his pick and I think he is doing really great. He is fast and he knows how to take wickets. By the way, I prefer someone's stats behind him rather than speed. Talent means nothing if someone cannot take wickets.

hoodlum
February 26, 2010, 02:11 PM

:big_hug:

jisaan
February 26, 2010, 02:13 PM
you are a human being (thread starter)
and you've earned this right to throw jokes at your will..
carry on!

jisaan
February 26, 2010, 02:23 PM

rubel is going to be kicked out...
1) After claiming 250 ODI wickets & 200 Test wickets
2) After hurting 100 more batsman with his vicious bouncers
3) Touching 150 kph umpteenth times
4) winning us 25 matches single-handedly, and
5) becoming an icon.... from teknaaf to tetulia

matter of only 15 years....
see you then..:wave:

jisaan
February 26, 2010, 02:24 PM

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::lol::lol::lol:

Tigers_eye
February 26, 2010, 04:08 PM
Ekta gaan monay poray galo. (Nothing to do with the subject matter, sorry)

Gash'er AB, kan'er DUL, ABDUL
maa bolay KHA, baba bolay LEK,
Amar nam ABDUL KHALEK.

Gola'r HAR, chokh'er MONI, gash AAM,
ei tin'a milay hoi HARMONIAAM.
Amar chai ekta HARMONIAAM.

zman
February 26, 2010, 07:28 PM
:floor: T_E bhai is kililng me...can we replace the first line of the second para with badshah'r shah, zaza gabor er za (although I'm sure that's not the correct spelling) and danda'r da :-p

WarWolf
February 26, 2010, 07:36 PM

He has done extremely well against Zim A team in 2006 in two 4 day matches.

Sohel
February 26, 2010, 08:45 PM
I welcome this thread.

Mohammad Shahzada has been one of the most consistent performers in domestic cricket for the past 4-5 years. He's an accurate bowler who can bat well. Not as aggressive as Talha (also an accurate seamer), he lacks the type of variety we see in Rasel and Talha, but that can be taught. Young guys like this, he's ONLY 23, are ideally suited for the shorter versions and need to be developed through the A Team.

Trigger_Tiger
February 26, 2010, 08:50 PM
Khalek...are you Shehzada by any chance? Enough of the animosity. Start playing better to get a spot in the team son :)!

Trigger_Tiger
February 26, 2010, 08:51 PM
Ekta gaan monay poray galo. (Nothing to do with the subject matter, sorry)

Gash'er AB, kan'er DUL, ABDUL
maa bolay KHA, baba bolay LEK,
Amar nam ABDUL KHALEK.

Gola'r HAR, chokh'er MONI, gash AAM,
ei tin'a milay hoi HARMONIAAM.
Amar chai ekta HARMONIAAM.

Off-Topic: That was "Akasher Ab".

FagunerAgun
February 26, 2010, 09:17 PM
No problem, Shahzada can prove more, then he can be included in the team on his performance basis.

One World
February 26, 2010, 10:25 PM
But MD Sharif has more wicket!

khalek
February 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
I welcome this thread.

Mohammad Shahzada has been one of the most consistent performers in domestic cricket for the past 4-5 years. He's an accurate bowler who can bat well. Not as aggressive as Talha (also an accurate seamer), he lacks the type of variety we see in Rasel and Talha, but that can be taught. Young guys like this, he's ONLY 23, are ideally suited for the shorter versions and need to be developed through the A Team.

Thanks a lot brother, I agree he should get more opportunities with the A team.

At an average of 189756418574.589789 and an economy rate of 15.77? ;)

Perhaps you Rubel fans should get married to him, he can never become a good ODI bowler let alone tests. He can't hurt any batsmen with 140ish pace, you need to be 150+ consistently to hurt batsmen and he's gonna lose all the pace he's got now after just 2 years. What a wannabe slinger..

BTW how many times has he touched the 150 kph mark? Last time I remember him doing that was in the World T20 where his performance was just bullshit.

NKVD
February 26, 2010, 11:36 PM

I think he said young guys like hime, but not necessarily him.

:)

Khalek bhai - of the young crop of bowlers now the the national leagues and other domestics, where would you rate Shahazada ?

NKVD
February 26, 2010, 11:39 PM
Khalek bhai, I think Shahazada should marry Rubel and live happily after.

Who do you think will be the guy in that union - I bet all bets are on Rubel.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 11:54 PM

not a bad answer. in fact, the best answer

auntu
February 27, 2010, 12:27 AM
Good that Shahzada is coming up but why we have to throw Rubel now?
[বাংলা]বুঝলাম না।[/বাংলা]

Sohel
February 27, 2010, 12:57 AM
Speed and accuracy are not mutually exclusive when it comes to fast bowling. You need both to succeed at the highest level where we find ourselves.

Within the Bangladeshi context (we ain't the Top 8):

There's room for accurate slowish bowlers (mid 120s to 130), especially in the shorter versions, who can contain the opposition with accurate line and length, and occasional but effectively scripted variety: Rasel and Shahzada.

There's room for quick (mid 30s to mid 140s) and aggressive bowlers who can go for runs but also get wickets. These guys tend to be more useful in tests where it is harder to score runs because of the absence of bowling/fielding restrictions that favor batsmen in the shorter versions: Rubel, Shuhash (Shafiul), Shubhashish and Shumon Shaha.

There's room for aggressive and accurate bowlers with so-so speed (low to upper mid 130s) but who can bowl to the field set for them: Talha and on occasion, Rajib (Shahadat) and Sajid.

There are also guys of variable speed like Farhad Reza, Robin, Zia, Milon and Nazmul who are capable of giving you 4 excellent overs for T20Is.

Then there's MaMu, just don't let him bowl in the death overs.

Most of our guys are too young to be written off. Our focus should be on giving them great bowling coaches and sporting pitches, not on these absurd X for Y and Y for Z games.

nahaz
February 27, 2010, 04:45 AM
^^ Good post Sohel bhai. I'm interested in knowing more about Sumon and Mr. Roy. how're they goign this year?

mac
February 27, 2010, 08:30 AM
Khalek vai, I bet I have better bowling avg. in para games than Sahzada's NCL avg. Should the selectors replace Sahzada and give me a chance in NCL team?

BTW, I am a better batsman :-p

hoodlum
February 27, 2010, 08:43 AM

Perhaps you Rubel fans should get married to him, he can never become a good ODI bowler let alone tests. He can't hurt any batsmen with 140ish pace, you need to be 150+ consistently to hurt batsmen and he's gonna lose all the pace he's got now after just 2 years. What a wannabe slinger..

BTW how many times has he touched the 150 kph mark? Last time I remember him doing that was in the World T20 where his performance was just bullshit.

Why dont u marry Shahazada then?;)

t697318
February 27, 2010, 08:57 AM
dude for a guy who i think started in 2008 first class, rubel has come a ong way very quickly, and yeah, i havn't seen shehzada, but rubel has raw pace that now no other bangladeshi paceman has shown on trv. and he just ook 5 wkts against neq zealand on a pitch lifeless for bowlers, what more do you want man, tell him to come in palce of shahadat hossain then

t697318
February 27, 2010, 08:58 AM
ho and just for the record, i feel players like mahbubul alam and dolar mahmud are not used properly at all in tests and odi's respectively

Nadim
February 27, 2010, 09:03 AM
He hardly gets a chance in the Rajshahi team nowadays....and u want him to be in the NT team?

JOKE? huh?!?!?!

jisaan
February 27, 2010, 09:56 AM

Every other thing apart, please, be rest assured...

My tastes are absolutely different from yours;) (assuming you are a Mr.)

jisaan
February 27, 2010, 10:01 AM
He hardly gets a chance in the Rajshahi team nowadays....and u want him to be in the NT team?

JOKE? huh?!?!?!

and he had lost his place in Mohammedan line-up.
perhaps that's the last option for him to play which is the least probable one, as well
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> Khalek...are you Shehzada by any chance? Enough of the animosity. Start playing better to get a spot in the team son :)!

not bad imagination...:notworthy:

jisaan
February 27, 2010, 10:04 AM
But MD Sharif has more wicket!

so is Talha and 100 others!

jisaan
February 27, 2010, 10:21 AM
He has done extremely well against Zim A team in 2006 in two 4 day matches.

and this is Twenty Ten!
and he is struggling to find a place in a DPL team (Mohammedan)
and he is struggling to find a place in an NCL team (Rajshahi)
.... things are getting worse for him now-a-days

NKVD
February 27, 2010, 11:46 AM
Most of our guys are too young to be written off. Our focus should be on giving them great bowling coaches and sporting pitches, not on these absurd X for Y and Y for Z games.

Sohel NR bhai - why can we not get good coaches for the age groups ? It is just so baffling.

Can we not overpay an Australian academy coach and keep him with us for 1 year ?

Or just bring over some notable names from other countries for shorter stints ?

LateCut
February 27, 2010, 12:35 PM
Rubel is a rare find. Admit it Khalek. However, I happen to agree that we are pushing him too hard. His follow-through scares me. It seems as if he is falling of a cliff. This is recipe for premature damage to ligaments and joints. His action should be fixed before he is given the extended duty in test matches. We have a thin talent pool for high octane pace bowler. Lets not mess it up.

Morpheous
February 27, 2010, 12:41 PM
Joke of the day......why we read and go through this kinda threads?

Mr Khalek you should be National selector......

khalek
March 5, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hi guys

Rubel Hossain 6 0 62 0 10.33 (1w)

His ODI average has gone up to 45 I believe, any guesses about the economy rate? :p

khalek
March 5, 2010, 08:36 AM
He's got the worst career economy rate for a bowler who's bowled 600+ balls.

Sohel
March 6, 2010, 12:10 AM
Guys like Rasel, Talha and Shahzada will continue to make the case for accuracy over speed in the shorter versions of cricket.

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:21 AM
He's got the worst career economy rate for a bowler who's bowled 600+ balls.

u r a bit wrong, he is second, behind chamu chibhabha

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=economy _rate;orderbyad=reverse;qualmin1=600;qualval1=ball s;template=results;type=bowling

also shafiul has currently worse economy rate than rubel. so when shafiul reaches 600 balls he may also go over rubel

al-Sagar
March 6, 2010, 01:33 AM
anyway.... MD SHAHZADA is playing for rajshahi.... so everybody will have a look on how good he is.

khalek
March 6, 2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah Rajshahi are batting atm, we'll see when he bowls later.

al-Sagar
March 7, 2010, 05:07 AM
we may have a first look on him very soon

godzilla
March 7, 2010, 08:42 AM
WTF ... if intended as a joke then it is a HORRIBLE one ... if intended to pawn Rubel then to bad for you anf time to crawl under a rock for you ... give respect where it is due ... Rubel is learning and starting to show some improvement with more yorkers. No one improves overnite and most certainly no one is a WORLDCLASS player unless they work day and night. Give Rubel a few more years before throwing bad jokes like this

Tiger444
March 7, 2010, 03:37 PM
Ya this is absolutely ridiculous at how you are bashing the hell out of rubel, khalek..the guy is only 20 years old and has jus played 15 ODI matches and..you need a lot more matches before you can judge a player..yes he does a have a ways 2 go but there is no question he is improving..what about that 5fer against NZ..who cares about how expensive he was..fact is we only had shahadat and aftab(sadly) as our only pacers 2 take 5fers in test matches..give credit where credit is due..the fact is we are just way 2 lean on fast bowlers which is why rubel has 2 come in soo early..i agree with you however shahzada is a good pacer and has performed well but have you seen him enough in matches 2 judge that he is better? Tell us what you see in shahzada compared 2 rubel..

The_Yorker
March 7, 2010, 09:39 PM
Again.. not compairing with Rubel, in my openion Shahazada was not given enough exposure in the international matches given his excellent domestic performance for at least 4/5 years. Just name some players who have better stats than Shahazada in domestic. I think he was the victim of selection politics, perhaps he didn't have any uncle in BCB. However his performance in recent years has been good though. Lets see how he does against Chittagong.

al-Sagar
March 8, 2010, 12:30 AM
shahzada just bowed an waste of an over. a maiden, but all the balls way outside offside. mat be 4-5 of them would be wide in odi's. faisal decans wasn't interested to chase any of the wide except one which was a bit closer.

Shehwar
March 8, 2010, 04:55 AM
So if Khalek doesn't write anymore on this thread until the day's play is over then there is a good chance that he is Shahzada!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

khalek
March 8, 2010, 09:54 AM
Lol I have other work to do, I only log in in the evening on weekdays.

Ok I take it back, Rubel Hossain is a legend. Mohammad Shahzada = Fail.