PDA

View Full Version : Ireland, Scotland, and Netherlands line up Bangladesh ODIs

Eshen
February 26, 2010, 08:05 AM
This our fixture against those three associate teams, to follow our tour of England -

<table width="630" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="FixOdi"><td width="25%" valign="top">Thu Jul 15

</td> <td width="50%"> Ireland v Bangladesh
Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" width="630" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr class="FixOdi"> <td width="25%" valign="top"> <!-- new datetype added %a %b %e --> Fri Jul 16

Civil Service Cricket Club, Stormont, Belfast </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" width="630" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr class="FixOdi"> <td width="25%" valign="top"> <!-- new datetype added %a %b %e --> Mon Jul 19

</td> <td width="50%"> Scotland v Bangladesh
Titwood, Glasgow </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" width="630" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr class="FixOdi"> <td width="25%" valign="top"> <!-- new datetype added %a %b %e --> Tue Jul 20

</td> <td width="50%"> Bangladesh v Netherlands
Titwood, Glasgow </td></tr></tbody> </table>

Scotland, Netherlands line up Bangladesh ODIs (http://www.cricinfo.com/scotland/content/story/450109.html)
Richard Cox, the Netherlands board chief executive, believed the games would be an important benchmark for the sides. "This is an exciting opportunity to play an ICC Full Member in Scotland at the end of what will have been a long tour for the exciting Bangladesh squad," Cox said in a media release. "This game will be a big test for our side and they will be relishing the opportunity to play Bangladesh whose footsteps we hope to follow in years to come. The game will come on the back of the ICC World Cricket League to be held in the Netherlands in June and we therefore hope to be well and truly ready for the challenge."

Roddy Smith, Cricket Scotland's chief executive, said the team would be looking forward to the clash, scheduled after England's visit on June 19. "These games are always a major test for our players and they will be relishing the opportunity to play Bangladesh on home soil," he said.

Richard Holsworth, the ICC Europe regional development manager, also welcomed the fixtures. "Bangladesh agreeing to play Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands in one-day internationals this summer is great news for Europe and these countries. Now that all three high performance countries have a number of professional contracted players it is a hugely important they have regular competition with the Full Member countries."
Hopefully there will be no embarrassment. Our players should be well accustomed to pitches on this part of the world by then.

magic boy
February 26, 2010, 08:08 AM
joss.....lot's of good matches awaiting in europe!:up:
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

yaseer
February 26, 2010, 08:09 AM
I am confident that there will be no embarrassment as the matches will be after the England tour. We should be well aware of the condition after playing tougher opposition at the same environment. Just we need to have a decent England tour so that morals of our players remain high.

Abid_Khan
February 26, 2010, 08:12 AM
Netherlands are pretty strong these days, Bangladesh should be wary of them IMO. Not too sure about Scotland but Ireland is always a threat to Bangladesh (atleast in Twenty20s anyway).

cricket_king
February 26, 2010, 08:13 AM
They should all be slaughtered. Badly. No excuses.

khalek
February 26, 2010, 08:17 AM
Will they be telecasted?

kalpurush
February 26, 2010, 08:33 AM
Will they be telecasted?
Hopefully... :)

kalpurush
February 26, 2010, 08:34 AM
They should all be slaughtered. Badly. No excuses.
Kaitta, chhilla lobon lagaiya dimu...!;)

MohammedC
February 26, 2010, 09:19 AM
Will they be telecasted?

Hopefully... :)

Those matches never get telecasted. BTW these fixtures are quite regular after England tour. Last year even England played a game against Ireland and nearly lost and that game was not telecasted.

Only time when these match were telecasted when India toured England few years back.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 09:34 AM
hmm, good. but i wished bangladesh A needs to play associate countries more regularly

Aritro
February 26, 2010, 09:36 AM
We're on a hiding to nothing against the Irish really. They're a good team with a number of players with strong county experience behind them and they'll provide genuine competition at home. If we beat them, people will take it as the expected result and if they beat us, the hounds will be out.

However at this stage of our development I'd like to think we've put together enough quality players in our team to be relatively immune to disaster. Especially with a summer of cricket in England behind us. Hopefully the boys will deliver a professional 4-0 record during these matches.

beshideshi
February 26, 2010, 09:42 AM
Playing Ireland/N'land/Scotland in British conditions won't be too easy for us. It will be a good lesson for our younger players. Though I wish these games were scheduled prior to the Eng series

Raynman
February 26, 2010, 09:54 AM
I don't think they will be walkover wins but we should go 4-0 regardless.

AsifTheManRahman
February 26, 2010, 10:04 AM
Oh man, these ODIs are gonna be, as any Bangla movie director would say, blaashting. There's going to be so much kustakusti involved...I just hope we don't get bamboozled!

One World
February 26, 2010, 10:08 AM
Where is the minnow-basher, :P

Murad
February 26, 2010, 10:09 AM
Where is the minnow-basher, :P

He is getting ready. Trying to figure out why his feet doesn't move. lol

Tiger Manc
February 26, 2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah I hope we can finally get our first ever 10 wicket win. I'm looking at you Scotland.

rahat90
February 26, 2010, 10:17 AM
hmm, good. but i wished bangladesh A needs to play associate countries more regularly

yehh thats what i was thinking
bangladesh A aganst those teams would be great experience for them.
i am in the opinion that the A-team do not get enough tours.
anyways, i hope that the likes of shuvo and forhad hossain and other NCL performers get a chance in these matches

rahat90
February 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
yeh thats the problem with playing asociates. if we win, people say 'so what' its only ireland, bd cant do it against the big teams.
and if bd lose...well lets not go there
that was too the problem playing so many matches against Zim

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 10:20 AM

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 10:22 AM

he need not move his feet too much against minnows

Raynman
February 26, 2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah I hope we can finally get our first ever 10 wicket win. I'm looking at you Scotland.

Oh ye of little faith...I'm looking at England next week ;)

Farhad
February 26, 2010, 10:32 AM
Anything less than 3-1 would be pathetic tbh. If your life revolves completely around cricket (as is the case with our players), you're expected to beat part time cricketers, it doesnt matter where the game is played. Hell, even if its played literally in one of their players' backyard, with a pile of dirt substituting as a pitch, they should still beat them, and beat them well...

Tiger Manc
February 26, 2010, 10:37 AM
If we want to start pushing for #8, then I think we need to learn to slaughter teams. We know we can beat them, now lets really hammer them. Australia are a fine example, they don't get complacent and they always aim to win, and win well. Look at their recent demolotions of West Indies and Pakistan.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 10:49 AM
two games at belfast two at glasgow would be a nice experience. i think we certainly should give some new players a go in these games, and resting some of our key players

Rabz
February 26, 2010, 11:43 AM
Good games.
Looking forward to it.
But first, kill their big daddy at home.

Ajfar
February 26, 2010, 11:46 AM
damn so much cricket in a row for us. i hope the boys don't mess it up

Nadim
February 26, 2010, 12:05 PM
;)

Ireland eibar bhujbe, koto dane koto chal:)

Eshen
February 26, 2010, 12:16 PM
damn so much cricket in a row for us. i hope the boys don't mess it up
I think it will depend more on how selectors and Siddons handle the team. Their over eagerness to cling onto 14-16 players may eventually back fire on them badly. In this tour, A or B will turn out to be totally unable to handle seaming pitches, C or D will go out of form, E or F will be unable to handle the stress of the long tour. So if the management is not keeping back up players ready (ie let them train with the squad, work on their areas of weakness), the team may be in a bad shape at the fag end of the tour.

bangla-red
February 26, 2010, 12:19 PM
The Scotland match should be live on one of the BBC Scotland (1/2) channels, which, in order to access, you need one of these:

a) Digital TV in UK e.g. Sky, where BBC Scotland is available.
b) Live in the UK and have internet access (watch on BBC website).
c) Actually live in Scotland.

Not 100% sure yet, but they showed the SCO vs AUS game last year.

fwullah
February 26, 2010, 12:40 PM
If your life revolves completely around cricket (as is the case with our players),

My life is also revolved completely around cricket. :hairpull:

fwullah
February 26, 2010, 12:42 PM
two games at belfast two at glasgow would be a nice experience. i think we certainly should give some new players a go in these games, and resting some of our key players

That's a very bad idea.

revolver
February 26, 2010, 01:05 PM
damn...no telecasting

cleazer
February 26, 2010, 02:42 PM
But first, kill their big daddy at home.3-1 would be fine if it comes on the back of a few wins over England. Anyone who underestimates Ireland does so at their own peril.

Jesus87
February 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
We are going to lose two matches at least. Hope Ash or Nafees doesn't get selected and scores a ton and someone will start a thread of em.

Beamer
February 26, 2010, 03:01 PM
Any other Land? Why leave out Finland?

zainab
February 26, 2010, 03:36 PM
It rains all the time in the summer in both Ireland and Scotland. Afghanistan should have been invited to play also. Anyhow, hopefully this year, BCB should invite Afghanistan when Zim is in BD to play a Tri series.

brockley
February 26, 2010, 03:58 PM
Bangladesh do not have a big schedule,look at australias.
Good thing by bangladesh playing these sides,doing their bit.
Bangladesh A would be smashed mercilessly by these sides.
Watch out for ryan detouschate,

dolcevita
February 26, 2010, 04:08 PM
Ryan doeschante is a world class all-rounder I would rate him alongside watson and shakib
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

aniksh1
February 26, 2010, 08:20 PM
Considering our horrible joke of an England tour the last time..... i hope it will be the exact opposite this time...if we do well in England it will give cricket in our country a boost and importance...hope we take out these associates easily as well...

Abid_Khan
February 26, 2010, 08:41 PM

:lol:

Roni_uk
February 26, 2010, 10:33 PM
Finally .. we will win some matches this year... won't we?

One World
February 26, 2010, 10:37 PM

You are right, this way players are missing to visit Reykzavik, Helsinki or Bankok.

al-Sagar
February 26, 2010, 11:56 PM
is it possible that we let our A team play these matches ????

auntu
February 27, 2010, 01:07 AM
Good oppertunity for the Tigers to grab some ODI wins.

But we should not take them lightly. They would play on their soil and it would be played after Tiger's England tour. They would be tired by then for sure. But after playing England in England it would be a bit easy for the Tigers to adjust with these teams.

mishu
February 27, 2010, 01:32 AM
good we are getting more recognitions by time...I thing bcb will give A team players chance to play in these games..

nahaz
February 27, 2010, 03:46 AM
I think it'll be a bit hard on the main XI to deliver at the end of this England series...couple of new faces will be nice...I hope we get a few back-ups flown in at that stage. Try playing Netherlands and Sctoland without Sakib and Riyad..and three pacers. We might struggle without their spin+bat. Good experience for our young seamers. Plus Farhad hossain and Dickens and Jahurul can be tested.

BANFAN
February 27, 2010, 04:57 AM
is it possible that we let our A team play these matches ????

Practice match e amra jebhabe gooo hara harlam england er shathe...Tate amader 'A' team er khomota is quiet doubtful.

If England, Ind & Nz etc all teams play their main team against us and that helps them as well; we can't send anything short of our main team against them. The distance between us & minows are less the the difference between us & the G8.

I think this attitude is harmful for us, we need to get our national team on track first. Let them play with anyone and everyone to fix their skills.

dolcevita
February 27, 2010, 05:51 AM
We must play our senior team and win all 4 ODI
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

IanW
February 27, 2010, 04:15 PM
Good work ... you're close anyway, so you do the right thing.

Personally, I think they should be playing 3-4 day games against these teams as well.

desirocker
February 27, 2010, 04:32 PM
This our fixture against those three associate teams, to follow our tour of England -

<table width="630" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="FixOdi"><td width="25%" valign="top">Thu Jul 15

</td></tr> <tr class="FixOdi"> <td width="25%" valign="top"> <!-- new datetype added %a %b %e --> Fri Jul 16

</td></tr> <tr class="FixOdi"> <td width="25%" valign="top"> <!-- new datetype added %a %b %e --> Mon Jul 19

</td> <td width="50%"> Scotland v Bangladesh
Titwood, Glasgow </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" width="630" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="1">
</td></tr> <tr class="FixOdi"> <td width="25%" valign="top"> <!-- new datetype added %a %b %e --> Tue Jul 20

</td> <td width="50%"> Bangladesh v Netherlands
Titwood, Glasgow </td></tr></tbody> </table>

Scotland, Netherlands line up Bangladesh ODIs (http://www.cricinfo.com/scotland/content/story/450109.html)
Hopefully there will be no embarrassment. Our players should be well accustomed to pitches on this part of the world by then.

Hell yaaa:joy::joy: we have very good chance of winning atleast 4ODIs this year...:floor::floor:

WarWolf
February 28, 2010, 02:37 AM

He needs to a car to move his feet.