PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Tamim Iqbal: Another ODI Century

Nadim
February 28, 2010, 05:28 AM
Contratulation Tamim for yet another 100:bravo::clap::D:bravo::joy:Well done son!!!

magic boy
February 28, 2010, 05:30 AM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/03_03/CWCBangIqbalAP_468x589.jpg
Thank you for your well made Century. Keep it up

Nadim
February 28, 2010, 05:33 AM
magic_boy vai.u lost to me again;):D

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32562

magic boy
February 28, 2010, 05:35 AM
magic_boy vai.u lost to me again;):D

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=32562

yes bhai...:):D

mod plz merge it with his one! :-|

Murad
February 28, 2010, 05:38 AM
Congrats boy!
Great knock. Chanceless. I liked it. You made me happy in this sleepy night.

Thank you.

Purbasha T
February 28, 2010, 05:53 AM
Shabash!! :D

Purbasha T
Niiise stuff..MashaAllah. :)

rafiq
go on tamim, get a big 150+!

al-Sagar
February 28, 2010, 06:25 AM
That was a real treat to watch. It was a great great innings but not a single batsmen gave him a support and scored a fifty.
We the ppl in the stadium really enjoyed the innings where Tamim showed great maturity
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

al-Sagar
February 28, 2010, 06:28 AM

arsenalsri
February 28, 2010, 06:44 AM
Congrats boy!

Thank you.

Sidebottom to Tamim Iqbal, no run, Dropped!Full and very wide, Tamim has a full-blooded drive and hits it straight to Eoin Morgan who puts down a straightforward chance. It was hit very hard though

Having said that Well played Tamim. Congratulations.:clap:

magic boy
February 28, 2010, 06:47 AM
just a part of the game bro^^^ :)

I'd like to tag that as Uncachable (like unplayable delivery).. (nb:someone add this to BC dictionary :D)

reyme
February 28, 2010, 06:49 AM
Good job Tamim. Very well played. Too bad no one can give you company.

arsenalsri
February 28, 2010, 06:52 AM
just a part of the game bro^^^ :)

I'd like to tag that as Uncachable (like unplayable delivery).. (nb:someone add this to BC dictionary :D)

Agreed, the trick is not about getting chance, but grabbing it and making the opposition pay for it when they give a chance and Tamim grabbed his chance with both hands and made them pay by scoring a hundred.

Jesus87
February 28, 2010, 06:58 AM
Our Matty Haydos.

_Rafi_
February 28, 2010, 07:06 AM
Most talented batsman bd has ever produced. Congrats TIK
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Sohel
February 28, 2010, 07:17 AM
This is one of the best ODI 100s I've seen and believe you me, I've seen quite a few. He carried all the load for a team like ours and that further enhances the actual quality of what he did today ... :applause:

SMHasan
February 28, 2010, 09:29 AM
We lost such an opportunity to score a good total and win the match. I am feeling very sad,it was a pathetic effort from the batsman.

Tamim played so well and yet no one could not motivate themselves! Some one should have stood up and deny the english bowlers but alas they did not.

The way we spoiled our chance today it can be said- As no one is killing us then let's suicide.

simon
February 28, 2010, 10:13 AM
congratz again for the 125 & the MoM trophy.

_Rafi_
February 28, 2010, 10:16 AM
congratz again for the 125 & the MoM trophy.
plus 1000$ for mom and another 1000$ for fastest 50

magic boy
February 28, 2010, 10:18 AM
congrats Tamimma :applause:

auntu
February 28, 2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/114800/114819.jpg
Great knock! Thanks a lot!
We are waiting for those 'many more to come'

Shaan
February 28, 2010, 10:32 AM
Congrats Tamim!!

such a talented player, got all kinds of shots in his book. Just little more responsibility and maturity we fan want from you. once again CONGRATULATIONS !!

Tehsin
February 28, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thank god no one calls him "talented". Ash ke to talented talented bolte bolte kichu manusher mukhe fena eshe jai.

By the way, Congrats on his first hundred against a proper opponent. What makes it even more special is the dim witted performance by his fellow batsmen. He sticks out like gobor e poddoful.

chol_bd123
February 28, 2010, 10:42 AM
He should have carried on to play all 50 overs. HE played absolutely terrible in the first over of the powerplay. He left the stumps open and tried to slash at wide balls

Kamnew
February 28, 2010, 10:58 AM
Tamim rockssssssssssssss

Shaan
February 28, 2010, 11:18 AM
He should have carried on to play all 50 overs. HE played absolutely terrible in the first over of the powerplay. He left the stumps open and tried to slash at wide balls

that is where I was so frustrate about him, despite his beautiful innings. He could have play power play just standing on the crease, with ease then could have sent the ball wherever he wanted as a quiet well set batsman. But he played those four deliveries like he is really in hurry and don't know what to do cause it is power play. Don't know why he even didn't remember there were seven over left. If he was there until the last over we could have 30-40 runs more and he could have even scored close to 150-160.. which was good for team as well for him.

Zunaid
February 28, 2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic871.jpg

magic boy
February 28, 2010, 11:40 AM
Here Bodna Kamal's look reminding me of Danny de Vitohttp://entimg.msn.com/i/50/Person6/De_Vito_CDL88503213_50x50.jpg

Equinox
February 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
I remember the days when a century like this would've made the series for most fans. Classic example Ash's century against Australia in 2005, that made the whole series "good"...heck that made all of 2005 worthwhile for some fans. But now we are annoyed that why we didn't win and why didn't he continue. Good signs.

FaHiMa
February 28, 2010, 11:50 AM
well CONGRATS TAMIM...

ASh you watching ?? Hopefully we`ll see many more of it! :)

Tiger Manc
February 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
Well done Tamim. It's a shame your teammates weren't on the same wavelength today.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2010, 12:27 PM
Congrats boy!

Thank you.
Not chanceless. Dropped at 10. Dropped a sitter. But what is important is that he capitalized on that and went on to get a hundred. A hundred is always special and something that guys like Zunaed and Aftab can never make.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2010, 12:28 PM
Thank god no one calls him "talented". Ash ke to talented talented bolte bolte kichu manusher mukhe fena eshe jai.

By the way, Congrats on his first hundred against a proper opponent. What makes it even more special is the dim witted performance by his fellow batsmen. He sticks out like gobor e poddoful.
People have the wrong definition of talent altogether. If you ask me, Nayeem's got more talent than Ash.

ammark
February 28, 2010, 12:53 PM
Given that life has caught up with me (in a negative way), I actually forgot about the match today! anyone care to put up highlights of his innings please? Thanks.

Raynman
February 28, 2010, 12:58 PM
People have the wrong definition of talent altogether. If you ask me, Nayeem's got more talent than Ash.

I always thought a good performance required follow up to prove it wasn't a fluke or a flash in the pan. Consistency proves talent.

Bashar, Rafique had talent. Tamim, Shakib, Riad, Naeem has talent.

What Ash, Junaed, Aftab have is called potential. Which means with hard work it MAY be something to notice and I stress the word MAY.

What Nafees, Kapali, Mushy have is called promise. If they work on their deficiencies they can be a force to be reckoned with.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2010, 12:59 PM
Rayman bhai, I want to be like you when I grow up.

Nafi
February 28, 2010, 01:06 PM
Not chanceless. Dropped at 10. Dropped a sitter. But what is important is that he capitalized on that and went on to get a hundred. A hundred is always special and something that guys like Zunaed and Aftab can never make.

Wow were you watching the same game, do you know how fast that ball was going.

Raynman
February 28, 2010, 01:14 PM
Rayman bhai, I want to be like you when I grow up.

Thats concerning as I myself have yet to grow up :)

Russell2k7
February 28, 2010, 02:13 PM
Tamim leads the rest of the goons by mile.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2010, 02:14 PM
Wow were you watching the same game, do you know how fast that ball was going.
It went straight to the fielder. You should take those in international cricket.

Russell2k7
February 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
If the ball was as easy as you ppl say then Im sure Morgan would have caught that. But the fact was that it came from full blade off Tamim's drive. Not that easy.

Beamer
February 28, 2010, 02:57 PM
Yes, congrats Tamim ! A superb century.

What made me sit up and take notice was how much better he is than anyone else in that difficult pitch. His SR is impressive, but his SR was always good. His shots are beautiful as always. In that pitch, each and every batsmen of our team struggled, to find and pick out the right ball to time. They all struggled, falling victim to the low slow bounce, and the clever variations offered by the English bowlers. But, Tamim assessed the balls pretty early and while every body else were struggling to find any rhythm, he was playing as if the balls were coming at a regular pace to him. His eyes are superb. A pitch like this separates the good from the average. The adjustment that he made when the wkts were falling all around him are mature of him. If we can ever get decent runs from no.3 and 4, Tamim will break all sorts of Bangladesh records.

deshifan
February 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
Shabaash bagh er baccha. ei rokom aaro dekhte chai :joy: :joy:

bajit
February 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
well, same old story, isn't it? one player plays well, which is definitely ineffective for positive result. it is like the days of 2000-2004 of BD cricket. difference is, at that time one batsman used to score an ineffective half century, now it is one ineffective century with other batsmen scoring 10, 20. few days ago, mushfiq, tamim scored some ineffective centuries against india in tests. kayes in NZ ODI. mahmudullah, shakib in NZ test. so, is it improvement? few days ago I read an article about maximum centuries in losing side. ahsraful's name was there as all his five test centuries were for losing cause. now, Tamim is reaching there.

al Furqaan
February 28, 2010, 04:29 PM
It went straight to the fielder. You should take those in international cricket.

to morgan's credit...that ball went so fast it fooled the camera man who (like me) thought that was 4. batsmen rarely fool the camera man, so we know that straight to fielder or not...that was a difficult catch for anyone with flesh and blood hands and mortal neurons to take. morgan probably didn't realize that ball was coming his way till the next ball had been delivered!

al Furqaan
February 28, 2010, 04:31 PM

What made me sit up and take notice was how much better he is than anyone else in that difficult pitch. His SR is impressive, but his SR was always good. His shots are beautiful as always. In that pitch, each and every batsmen of our team struggled, to find and pick out the right ball to time. They all struggled, falling victim to the low slow bounce, and the clever variations offered by the English bowlers. But, Tamim assessed the balls pretty early and while every body else were struggling to find any rhythm, he was playing as if the balls were coming at a regular pace to him. His eyes are superb. A pitch like this separates the good from the average. The adjustment that he made when the wkts were falling all around him are mature of him. If we can ever get decent runs from no.3 and 4, Tamim will break all sorts of Bangladesh records.

yes, yes, and yes.

simon
February 28, 2010, 04:33 PM
ya absolutely,it was a tough chance for Morgan as TI always hit it so hard.

Equinox
February 28, 2010, 04:37 PM

:up:

bangla-red
February 28, 2010, 04:39 PM

He has quite a few already:

ODI Individual Score - 154
Test 1st Wicket Partnership - 161
Test 2nd Wicket Partnership - 200

And then the near records, like 151 in Tests, having 3 of the 4 highest ODI individual scores (154, 129, 120).

al Furqaan
February 28, 2010, 04:44 PM
Tamim Iqbal is the Mullah because he converts (scores into tons).

sadi
February 28, 2010, 04:45 PM
It was a treat to watch. Thank you Tamim.

Zunaid
February 28, 2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.virtualbangladesh.com/banglacricket/tamim_anim.gif

MohammedC
February 28, 2010, 09:01 PM
Congratulation Tamim. Enjoy the video.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1semg9EJAJc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1semg9EJAJc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

rashed411
February 28, 2010, 09:16 PM

wow awesome..

FaHiMa
February 28, 2010, 09:27 PM

haha ..thats so cool !

beshideshi
February 28, 2010, 09:35 PM
I think Tamim should concentrate on his bowling as well. When he scores runs he is so spirited and gives more than 150%. If he bowled yesterday I am sure he would have picked up 9/10 wickets all by himself.

Tiger444
February 28, 2010, 10:12 PM
congratz tamim iqbal khan..hez turning in to such great player..wats great is how hard work and determination makes you in2 such a good player..he is such an aggressive player yet has high averages in whatever form of game he plays..wish ash/aftab/alok could follow the footstepz of tamim..keep up the good work tamim and you'll be 1 of the worlds bests!!

Ajfar
February 28, 2010, 10:39 PM
good one Boss. Congrats tamim. from now on every time you cross 50 we will be expecting a 100 from you.

Zunaid
February 28, 2010, 10:41 PM
And everytime Ash crosses 20 we will be expecting a 21 from him - how I wish it were a joke.

Ajfar
February 28, 2010, 10:44 PM
And everytime Ash crosses 20 we will be expecting a 21 from him - how I wish it were a joke.

really? cause I he touches 20 he already exceeds my expectation.

auntu
February 28, 2010, 10:48 PM
[বাংলা]লোটাসতো দেখা যায় ধানী মরিচ।
শিওর ছোটবেলায় ওর বন্ধুরা ওকে মজার মজার নামে ডাকতো।[/বাংলা]

bujhee kom
March 1, 2010, 12:12 AM
Salaam Tamim Iqbal Khan, apnake dui pae chue salaam Mohan Hozoor!!!

al-Sagar
March 1, 2010, 12:23 AM
Salaam Tamim Iqbal Khan, apnake dui pae chue salaam Mohan Hozoor!!!

aage oi 2 paa dhuye sei pani baki team er sobaire khawaite hobe, then ja korar koiren

Zeeshan
March 1, 2010, 01:33 AM
Congratulation Tamim. Enjoy the video.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1semg9EJAJc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1semg9EJAJc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

4:38 looks like boss....hirsute

Nocturnal
March 1, 2010, 03:54 AM
inside news: last night taklu coach made everyone drank what offstump referred in post#64. later it was found out no one had any complains about it and even few of them also mentioned - "it was tastier than RC Lemon"!! ;)

auntu
March 1, 2010, 04:06 AM
inside news: last night taklu coach made everyone drank what offstump referred in post#64. later it was found out no one had any complains about it and even few of them also mentioned - "it was tastier than RC Lemon"!! ;)
:D lol...

tail-ender
March 1, 2010, 08:06 AM
Tamim had the powerplay and all the time in the world 2 atleast score sum more runs..he just let it go instead...he became satisfied n didn't bother 2 do sum more..he was responsible 4 the run out of mushfiq who was playin so well..i can't 4give him 4 ruining the game 4 us.

simon
March 1, 2010, 08:21 AM
Tamim had the powerplay and all the time in the world 2 atleast score sum more runs..he just let it go instead...he became satisfied n didn't bother 2 do sum more..he was responsible 4 the run out of mushfiq who was playin so well..i can't 4give him 4 ruining the game 4 us.

what rubbish?
He batted till the 43rd over,after getting 50 from 32 he got a 100 from 94 odd balls which shows how he had to change his battng approach due to the regular fall of wckts.
And that runout was Mushy's fault as he didn't look much at TI while running like a mad.

magic boy
March 1, 2010, 08:24 AM

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

as if he's the only one to run for the team. what about others?

Purna
March 2, 2010, 06:48 AM

What's the problem with you? Is Tamim your rival or something like that? I don't get it, whenever you are getting the chance you are going against him and insulting him.

CONGRATULATIONS TO TAMIM FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL INNINGS. YOU PLAYED REALLY WELL. WE WANT MORE INNINGS LIKE THIS FROM YOU. MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU. KEEP IT UP. (AND DON"T JUST PAY ANY IMPORTANCE TO WHAT CERTAIN PEOPLE SAY!)

Purna
March 2, 2010, 06:52 AM

WOW! Its simply superb bhaiya! Kintu TAMIM-er spellingta je bhul!