PDA

View Full Version : Batting Powerplay

rafiq
February 28, 2010, 05:51 AM
If I had tamim iqbal batting fluently on 100+ with Chakka Naeem at the other end, with Mashrafee Mortaza to follow, I would take the batting powerplay now.

The Indian commentatory Sahil Datta (is that right) had some good comments on how captains are in two minds about when to take the batting powerplay - apparently Shakib is not the only one getting it wrong.

Moyna_fan
February 28, 2010, 06:02 AM
bloddy helll..all retarded in our team..

rafiq
February 28, 2010, 06:06 AM
shakib was waiting for swann to finish...but rather late. the difference in this innings is he has tamim on 100+....how often do you get that? he should have taken it right when naeem and tamim started hitting in their partnership; hindsight is 20/20 but there needs to be better strategy!

rafiq
February 28, 2010, 06:08 AM
and threre yuo go, it was tamim vs england all along and now he is forced to make crazy shots, refuse singles, and he's out. this is indeed retarded what shakib does with powerplays.

Nadim
February 28, 2010, 06:09 AM
i still dont get it.why they didnt picked the batting pp after 39th over???

hbk619
February 28, 2010, 06:25 AM
i still dont get it.why they didnt picked the batting pp after 39th over???

As a head coach, Siddons could atleast realize the need of powerplay. He atleast could sent a msg to tamim via the 12th man. All time i see that he sits outside, and watch our boys playing.

reyme
February 28, 2010, 06:41 AM
This is what happens when you have a head coach who cant come up with a decent gameplan.

reyme
February 28, 2010, 06:43 AM
As a head coach, Siddons could atleast realize the need of powerplay. He atleast could sent a msg to tamim via the 12th man. All time i see that he sits outside, and watch our boys playing.

I wish he was the coach of England today....or any other team coach, whom we play against...

cricket_pagol
February 28, 2010, 06:44 AM
our big mistake was not to bat out the 50 overs.

cricket_pagol
February 28, 2010, 06:45 AM
This is what happens when you have a head coach who cant come up with a decent gameplan.

How about having players who cannot execute a game plan... it's always somebody else's fault, right!

1RParker
February 28, 2010, 01:55 PM
How about having players who cannot execute a game plan... it's always somebody else's fault, right!

Second that. Siddons has been terrific for BD - he cant be blamed for brain freezes during play

NKVD
February 28, 2010, 10:54 PM
If its up to the coach to make all tactical decisions, we as a country will be in dire straits as soon as he leaves.

Our players looking at each other: umm, does the bowler play with a bat, or the batsmen. Lets call up siddons, whatmore, and Richard, and do whatever the majority tells.

Lets hope our players are not that dum dum. Shakib should have stood up, and yanked that cord to get on with PP.

Those of you who do not think our players are capable of such decisions, or it is the coach who should make them...maybe you should go and follow a game where coaches do all the playing.

Is there one out there...did not think so. That's why you are all here.

NKVD
February 28, 2010, 10:57 PM

Have you seen his playbook ? Oh, sorry my friend, you were referring to an NFL game.

If we bat well, we win. Pure and simple. For BD, that is the only gameplan needed.

auntu
February 28, 2010, 10:58 PM
if i had tamim iqbal batting fluently on 100+ with chakka naeem at the other end, with mashrafee mortaza to follow, i would take the batting powerplay now.

The indian commentatory sahil datta (is that right) had some good comments on how captains are in two minds about when to take the batting powerplay - apparently shakib is not the only one getting it wrong.
[বাংলা]রফিক ভাই,

কমেন্টেটরটার নাম অরুন লাল হবে। আমরা কখনই ব্যাটিং পাওয়ার প্লে ব্যবহারের মতো মাথার কাজ দেখাতে পারি নাই। [/বাংলা]

Ajfar
February 28, 2010, 10:58 PM
you all need to understand cricket is not American Football or NBA. coaches don't get the chance to call time outs and stop the play to come up with a new plan. The way I see once a player steps into that field you are on your own, i'm sure Siddons understand cricket a little better than a lot of us here, and i'm sure he does have a decent plan, but weather that plan gets executed or not is a completely different story. Do you think mushy and aftab's stupid's run out was in his game plan? players on the field have to use their judgement. we have to improvise from time to time. Siddon is not suppose to be baby sitting them.

Zunaid
February 28, 2010, 10:59 PM
Have you seen his playbook ? Oh, sorry my friend, you were referring to an NFL game.

If we bat well, we win. Pure and simple. For BD, that is the only gameplan needed.

I am breaking my own posting rules only to say I agree. Ditto. Me too.

Well said.

beshideshi
March 1, 2010, 12:32 AM
Bangladesh is the worst team in batting PP.Taken a single delivery before the 45th over and it triggers an unimaginable collapse. I say we apply to ICC so that they allow us to play without the batting powerplay. I am sure we will do much better without it

bangla-red
March 1, 2010, 02:27 AM
BPP is so stupid for us... we should just take it straight away after 15, so if Tamim's in, we can take advantage. If not, wait until we lose our 5th wicket.

Tiger Manc
March 1, 2010, 12:52 PM
I haven't quite figured when to take it either. It seems to do more damage then good, so I'm happy for us to use it in the 45th over.

Tigers_eye
March 1, 2010, 01:37 PM
I would have delayed the batting powerplay to 45th over and not take it on the 43rd. Even when Raj and Tamim were batting. With some more tuk tuk cricket we would have gone to 220-230 easily before 45th over. With Tamim still batting. Then take the powerplay because we don't have any choice.

My reasoning is, when the powerplay is taken, our batsmen's eyes lit up and they forget to play cricket (with the exception of Riyad). They want to hit everything for six. All they do is swing and a miss, improvise scoop shot, play ab-jab cricket. Casepoint go back to previous games and watch Shakib, Tamim (last game, I knew he would get out in the first powerplay over), Mushi anyone.

Dhakablues
March 1, 2010, 02:47 PM
With the limitations that we have and realities on the ground,,, we should take the batting power-play whenever Tamim/Aftab ( wishful thinking) is going great guns or before Naem comes in. There is absolutely no point in having Shafiul/Rubel/Razzaque deliver during the batting power-play. Back in the days ( or even in today's Indian/Pakistani team) they do send 12th man to send messages.. we absolutely dont at all!!

And seriously, why does Siddons always sit by himself? I mean why not have some of his players sit next to him and discuss what is going on and what the match reading is... Or does that impact the players too much to be around the coach?

NKVD
March 1, 2010, 03:23 PM
With the limitations that we have and realities on the ground,,, we should take the batting power-play whenever Tamim/Aftab ( wishful thinking) is going great guns or before Naem comes in. There is absolutely no point in having Shafiul/Rubel/Razzaque deliver during the batting power-play. Back in the days ( or even in today's Indian/Pakistani team) they do send 12th man to send messages.. we absolutely dont at all!!

And seriously, why does Siddons always sit by himself? I mean why not have some of his players sit next to him and discuss what is going on and what the match reading is... Or does that impact the players too much to be around the coach?

I think Shakib and Siddons should sit together more often, while the game is on-going.

Or maybe they do, and the cameras just do not show Siddons at that moment, as we all know, Shakib's good looks tend to take the focus away from everything.

cricman
March 5, 2010, 01:55 AM
This is How You Use the Batting Power Play, if you have Set Batsmen ... You take it at the 40th, get those runs and than throw your bat at everything the final 5 overs as well.

I used that part in Bold because we had had set batsmen and not used it in the past few months