PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sport -Rotten lbw decision off local umpire Nadir Shah.

Morpheous
February 28, 2010, 01:16 PM
Here is what BBC Sport Cricket had to Say about BD-ENG Match

"Cook himself departed in the 19th over when he got a rotten lbw decision off local umpire Nadir Shah. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/8538370.stm

They could have said this in a decent manner a like "Questionable lbw decision off local umpire Nadir Shah"

So my question is what about us- If we are Victim of bad call? who Justifies that?

_Rafi_
February 28, 2010, 01:23 PM
If BD were England, wonder what would happened to Tucker
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Nafi
February 28, 2010, 01:34 PM
Theyre just incredibly biased and obnoxious, the very essence of English cricket..

FagunerAgun
February 28, 2010, 01:58 PM
Theyre just incredibly biased and obnoxious, the very essence of English cricket..
agree.

Russell2k7
February 28, 2010, 02:06 PM
It was indeed a very bad call, not questionable. But it happens in cricket, its not like it affected the outcome.

Miraz
February 28, 2010, 02:08 PM
Nadir Shah was poor. Naeem should have gotten Cook much early but Nadir Shah turned down a genuine LBW appeal. That was a wrong decision and then he gave Cook out which was clearly going down leg. He should have upheld the first appeal when Cook was on 32. In that case he would have made one correct decision instead of 2 wrong decisions.

Purbasha T
February 28, 2010, 02:21 PM
Never mind the choice of words. I'm pleased at least they mentioned this:

Not that England could really complain about the umpiring in general, as Tucker, having already denied Bangladesh once, later ruled out a perfectly valid catch to Rahim off Shakib with Morgan on 20.

akabir77
February 28, 2010, 03:14 PM
Ump sucks in this series... and there r more to come...

Haradhon
February 28, 2010, 03:21 PM
Let's ignore the ranting by Babul Biscuit Company!

al Furqaan
February 28, 2010, 04:07 PM
nadir shah was impressive in the tri series though.

reyme
February 28, 2010, 06:55 PM
That's why I want to eliminate all the umpires from cricket.
First they ruin us then they destroy us and finally they bring bad names.
Even the hawkeye can give LBW decisions.
Maybe umpires should just stand in the middle and count balls.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

godzilla
February 28, 2010, 09:32 PM
eveyone has their up and down, so does the umpires

LateCut
February 28, 2010, 09:49 PM
This is the worst umpiring day in ODI history. In my count there were six wrong decisions. However, the result would be the same with or without the bad calls. I think we shaould play with no umpire under honor system since we cannot afford UDRS.

al-Sagar
February 28, 2010, 10:06 PM
did anything happened to MCCuLLAM yet for that catch ????

auntu
March 1, 2010, 12:48 AM
Just one bad decision by our Dhanmondian...On the other hand That Aussie gave two bad decisions. Keiwesser's LBW and Morgan's caught behind.

One eyed BBC.

rahat90
March 1, 2010, 06:07 PM
why isit that umpires tend to favour the stronger nations???

AsifTheManRahman
March 1, 2010, 06:43 PM
That's why I want to eliminate all the umpires from cricket.
First they ruin us then they destroy us and finally they bring bad names.
Even the hawkeye can give LBW decisions.
Maybe umpires should just stand in the middle and count balls.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Or solve disputes. We need some sort of official authority on the field just for the heck of it, but as far as decision-making is concerned, I agree with you - I don't think there's any point of having umpires make calls that a machine can do better.

Zeeshan
March 1, 2010, 06:47 PM
Or solve disputes. We need some sort of official authority on the field just for the heck of it, but as far as decision-making is concerned, I agree with you - I don't think there's any point of having umpires make calls that a machine can do better.

why not go one step further and play in a dome with nodes that sends laser transmission to a central computer that solves the optimal probelm :-B

MarufH
March 1, 2010, 07:33 PM
ki kora...... hala mushfique better catch.

AsifTheManRahman
March 1, 2010, 08:10 PM
why not go one step further and play in a dome with nodes that sends laser transmission to a central computer that solves the optimal probelm :-B
Had the technology been there, I'd much rather live my life in a capsule with my virtual reality glasses on, my mind controlling the body of the boyfriend of a beautiful alien babe on a planet light years away.

Banglatiger84
March 1, 2010, 11:18 PM
I have to say, that in 8 years of following sports news in BBC, I am yet to see the word "rotten" used to describe a decision in a sports article. In blogs, yes. But even the worst cases of injustice the English football team faced never brought about anything more than "highly controversial" or "blatantly wrong".

NitaiPal
March 2, 2010, 01:50 AM
Had the technology been there, I'd much rather live my life in a capsule with my virtual reality glasses on, my mind controlling the body of the boyfriend of a beautiful alien babe on a planet light years away.

:floor:

tanim3960
March 2, 2010, 02:35 AM
Tucker is a new umpire. Only had 12 ODI match experience.

Zunaid
March 2, 2010, 02:36 AM
Hope Tucker does not Tuck up.

mona
March 2, 2010, 02:45 AM
Just so people know, 'rotten' isn't that bad a word in the context. You know how people say 'oh that was rotten luck', I'm sure it was intended like that.

cricman
March 2, 2010, 02:47 AM
Just so people know, 'rotten' isn't that bad a word in the context. You know how people say 'oh that was rotten luck', I'm sure it was intended like that.

In this Context

Bad, Unlucky, Wrong < Rotten

*Throws Rotten Apples at the BBC*

Banglatiger84
March 2, 2010, 02:54 AM

Of course not....:)
But rotten is almost never used as an adjective in sports news reports, and that too on BBC sports reports.

akabir77
March 2, 2010, 10:54 AM
Where r the fking BBC Now?

Equinox
March 2, 2010, 10:59 AM
Umpires should be removed from cricket. Too many errors.

Equinox
March 2, 2010, 11:01 AM
Where r the fking BBC Now?
English media are hypocrites. They raised a crusade against Koertzen for giving a wrong call and they will act as if this match was completely clean.