PDA

View Full Version : Keep losing boys, read what Irish players say

bajit
February 28, 2010, 02:40 PM
Ireland target wins in Bangladesh fixtures

Cricinfo staff

Ireland are targeting victories in their two ODIs against Bangladesh this summer - at Stormont on July 15 and 16 - as a chance to gain valuable ranking points and as an important benchmark for the side as they attempt to assert their readiness to step up to cricket's top level.

"For the last three years or so, we have targeted matches against the lower-ranked full members as the most important means of measuring our progress and determining our readiness to step up to the elite level," said Warren Deutrom, Cricket Ireland's chief executive.

"All our players will be aware of the perception that strong results against Test-playing countries create, and will be keen to maximise home advantage to good effect in the year that we are applying to move higher in the international firmament."

Ireland coach Phil Simmons sees the games as a chance to test his side ahead of the World Cup in 2011, where they will meet Bangladesh in the group stage at Dhaka. "It's great that we have a chance to play them on home soil," he said. "We lost to them badly in 2008 in Bangladesh but on our home turf I'd be confident of doing well.

"We have beaten them in both the 2007 World Cup and in the World Twenty20 last year, so I don't think there's much to choose from between the two teams. It's a great opportunity for us to gain valuable ranking points."

http://www.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/story/450132.html

chol_bd123
February 28, 2010, 02:55 PM
they have very high hopes

bajit
February 28, 2010, 02:57 PM

Our team's performance makes these teams confident against us. we cannot even dominate against ireland, we lost to them several times. ****!! in their home condition ireland will be more confident

deshifan
February 28, 2010, 02:58 PM
Exactly. So, go and hang yourself.
Our team's performance makes these teams confident against us. we cannot even dominate against ireland, we lost to them several times. ****!! in their home condition ireland will be more confident

bajit
February 28, 2010, 03:07 PM
Exactly. So, go and hang yourself.

why should I hang myself? the players should think about it after losing to ireland

akabir77
February 28, 2010, 03:10 PM
what ever we are also targeting england.. so?

al Furqaan
February 28, 2010, 04:08 PM
that 2008 defeat also came when that one Eoin Morgan.

someone send afghan the memo.

Equinox
February 28, 2010, 04:09 PM
Shouldn't they beat Afghanistan before targeting the big boys?

amar11432
February 28, 2010, 04:23 PM

How it that any different from us? BD is also targeting wins against England, which is a much higher ranked team then us. If BD is complacent against Ireland then we will lose against them too.

IanW
February 28, 2010, 07:48 PM
What Amar11432 said

Naimul_Hd
February 28, 2010, 08:14 PM
guys, we should be proud tht Irish are considering us as their target. Just imagine, what would be ur reaction if Simmons had said, "We dnt care abt Bangladesh, rather we are targeting English, Indians."

godzilla
February 28, 2010, 09:27 PM
How it that any different from us? BD is also targeting wins against England, which is a much higher ranked team then us. If BD is complacent against Ireland then we will lose against them too.

true

FaHiMa
February 28, 2010, 09:29 PM
Shouldn't they beat Afghanistan before targeting the big boys?

:lol: :up:

al-Sagar
February 28, 2010, 09:58 PM
well 6-9 years ago we were always targetting wins against zimbabwe and Kenya........

its the same for ireland.

Jesus87
February 28, 2010, 10:03 PM
They have valid points, we always failed against them in World Cup. Trent Johnston knows how to get on Tamim's nerves and get him out cheaply and our rest of the players are his bunny. I think we will lose against the Irish bloke yet again.

NKVD
February 28, 2010, 10:15 PM
We may lose against Ireland or whomeever. But it seems like many of you actually want that to happen just to push forward some distorted opinion you have on things, that hss to prevqail.

Me attacking some of you - bring it on.

al-Sagar
February 28, 2010, 10:16 PM
i think by that time our minnow basher shahriar nafees will come back in the team.

Morpheous
February 28, 2010, 10:21 PM
:lol: :up:

Like your Profile Pic....tough loss for USA and Canada almost choked. Sid the Kid Delivered when it mattered most

Morpheous
February 28, 2010, 10:23 PM
Well Asha to sobai kortei pare....Amrao boli amra England ke harabo...so nothing wrong with it. Trust me its not gonna be easy in English Conditions.

AsifTheManRahman
February 28, 2010, 11:33 PM
When Ireland target us, they beat us. I don't fear England, New Zealand, India or even Australia, but if there's any team that makes me pee my pants it's the Irish. Bhishon bhoy pai!

auntu
March 1, 2010, 12:09 AM
They have the liberty to target.

bujhee kom
March 1, 2010, 12:11 AM
Ireland is a good cricket team!!

al-Sagar
March 1, 2010, 12:22 AM
Ireland is a good cricket team!!

bangladesh could and should be a better cricket team

akabir77
March 1, 2010, 10:48 AM
If every one is trying to beat us and be better than us that means we are going the right way after all in soccer world cup every one wants to beat Brazil!!! bring it on...

al-Sagar
March 1, 2010, 11:09 AM
so actually who else can ireland target???

perhaps WI will be in their target zone soon and zimbabwe.

BD-Shardul
March 1, 2010, 11:14 AM
If every one is trying to beat us and be better than us that means we are going the right way after all in soccer world cup every one wants to beat Brazil!!! bring it on...

Your analogy is incorrect. Everyone wants to beat us, even Afghanistan, not because they treat us as a super team, but because they think that Bangladesh is undeservedly holding onto its test status while they are not getting it despite producing performances somewhat closer to ours.

[বাংলা]আর এই কারণেই আমার খুব জ্বলে যখন নান্না-মুন্না দলগুলি বাংলাদেশের সাথে খেলার আগে হম্বি-তম্বি শুরু করে।[/বাংলা]

Tiger Manc
March 1, 2010, 12:22 PM
If Ireland had kept their star players, they wouldn't be too far from us. They would've been better than Zimbabwe, but I think atm Zimbabwe are better.

akabir77
March 1, 2010, 04:56 PM
Your analogy is incorrect. Everyone wants to beat us, even Afghanistan, not because they treat us as a super team, but because they think that Bangladesh is undeservedly holding onto its test status while they are not getting it despite producing performances somewhat closer to ours.

[বাংলা]আর এই কারণেই আমার খুব জ্বলে যখন নান্না-মুন্না দলগুলি বাংলাদেশের সাথে খেলার আগে হম্বি-তম্বি শুরু করে।[/বাংলা]

no your thinking is very poor. we r number 9 so they target us that has nothing to do with why we have test status and they don't. I think even IR said they want to copy us the way we r doing business and hence its important...

BTW afganistan is not even in the picture. no player or official has said anything about it. it was by that crazy PAKU or INDU fan that opened the thread...

And i have been noticing that you always look down on Bangladesh? may i ask why? I mean we are not number one and being targeted and we can't be number one in one or two years. so whats the rush? u think bd should be number one and some players r making us no 9. please wake up... don't compare bangladesh with number one team but compare with the previous bangladesh team...

FaHiMa
March 1, 2010, 05:28 PM
Like your Profile Pic....tough loss for USA and Canada almost choked. Sid the Kid Delivered when it mattered most

haha thanks/ usa almost had it ... but couldnt stop crosby at OT. it was almost a surprise shot actually didnt think it would go through.

Roni_uk
March 1, 2010, 06:20 PM
We are doomed (again)!

jawaherul
March 1, 2010, 08:59 PM
why should I hang myself? the players should think about it after losing to ireland

kdpp ... noya pagoler amdani

NKVD
March 1, 2010, 10:18 PM
I feel from all of your comments that BD is being targetted for upstages by these countries - notably Ireland, Scotland, Afganistan (?) e.t.c.

Can we have a debate on how these countries will do against the top ODI teams, compared to Bngladesh ?

Would such games not illustrate further that we are in a different league ?

Also, I don't follow much cricket outside of our own, but was hearing Afganistan doing well (compared to expectations ?). And many of here have serious respect for them, albeit some of them wanting to get one against Siddons.

But seriously, can they really upstage us ? I mean if Cricket was a game about aiming stingers at Hinds and other Mil Mis, then maybe Afganistan would have been the world champion.

aM i WRONG ?

billah
March 2, 2010, 01:08 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/daferg2/Guns/Troll.jpgTroll alert. Do not feed