PDA

View Full Version : Shakib should open when Bowling

cricman
March 1, 2010, 07:18 PM
He knows how to Extract movement from the Seam of the Ball and seems to get the most movement with the new Ball.

I know SIddons has Stated that he's going to use Spin to counter Kieswetter, so i hope Shakib is the one that opens and not Razzak (Who's been bowling Pies, go back to the old action n one is going to report you since you wont play Tests).

If Rubel is going to play use him 1 Change since he only hits the Seam of the ball 2 times out of 6.

chol_bd123
March 1, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah, our seamers were terrible. Shafiul tried to play it like a test match. In Odi's you have to vary ur pace, line and length a lot in order to be successful. That's why the Indians are so successful in ODI's.

nycpro96
March 1, 2010, 08:03 PM
Shafiul, IMO will be Bangladesh's opening pacer for a long, long time. He starts off really well and is a somewhat defensive bowler in the beginning. He doesn't fish for wickets in his first spell and instead bowls a pretty nice line and length. When he does this, his economy rate usually stays on the lower side. If Shakib open the bowling, being the second new ball bowler, he can attack the stumps more because batsman will be more apprehensive to score runs due to Shafiul bowling a somewhat tight line and length. If Shakib can bowl correct line and lengths, he'll get wickets in his first few overs letting Rubel (first change bowler) bowl a lot more deliveries in the blockhole (attacking line) so even if he does get hit, he'll probably achieve some moral victories as well as a couple of wickets. I really like this idea of Shakib opening our bowling, especially on pitches such as the ones that are now being used in Mirpur.

Eshen
March 1, 2010, 08:19 PM
Stealing my idea to open a thread!

Yes, Shakib should make use of the pronounced seam.

Nafi
March 1, 2010, 09:00 PM
Whats the point if Mushy is going to drop the catches :lol:

al-Sagar
March 1, 2010, 09:02 PM
Shafiul, IMO will be Bangladesh's opening pacer for a long, long time. He starts off really well and is a somewhat defensive bowler in the beginning. He doesn't fish for wickets in his first spell and instead bowls a pretty nice line and length. When he does this, his economy rate usually stays on the lower side. If Shakib open the bowling, being the second new ball bowler, he can attack the stumps more because batsman will be more apprehensive to score runs due to Shafiul bowling a somewhat tight line and length. If Shakib can bowl correct line and lengths, he'll get wickets in his first few overs letting Rubel (first change bowler) bowl a lot more deliveries in the blockhole (attacking line) so even if he does get hit, he'll probably achieve some moral victories as well as a couple of wickets. I really like this idea of Shakib opening our bowling, especially on pitches such as the ones that are now being used in Mirpur.

i rate shafiul highly, but he is still our least economical bowler. though it is early days in his career.

anyway i have same ideas as u.

shakib and shafiul should open the bowling. then rubel one change, naeem and shuvo to follow.

Tiger Manc
March 2, 2010, 05:03 AM
I prefer us having just the one pacer. I want only Shafiul to be our only pacer and the rest all spinners. I want Shakib to open with Shafiul. Away from home and outside ISC I would have 2 pacers.

Eshen
March 2, 2010, 06:06 PM
Well, he continued with the policy of bringing in spinners only after pacers take a good beating.