PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful VS Aftabul

cracky
March 2, 2010, 04:16 AM
Who is worse? Or, are they just the opposite side of the same coin?

Nadim
March 2, 2010, 04:18 AM
Definately aftab.

Tiger Manc
March 2, 2010, 04:27 AM
They're just as bad as each other

fais
March 2, 2010, 05:27 AM
with ashraful at least we have a handy spinner

Baundule
March 2, 2010, 05:45 AM
In stupidity, Aftab can beat Ashraful by a long margin.

Jesus87
March 2, 2010, 05:53 AM
Both suck, they compliment each other well.

BD-Shardul
March 2, 2010, 06:19 AM
AA battery is finished! Ashraful still can be tried but Aftab is history.

fishyguy
March 2, 2010, 06:27 AM
To be honest every batsman tried to apply themselves. BD complain about keyes and yeah he dosen`t have the most talent and he`s dumb but atleast he doesen`t play stupid shots like Aftab. Aftab and Ashraful both have had this problem and no amount of work in the last however number of years have made them change. Really the shot today was unbeleivable you know you are under pressure and you will be dropped with another bad performance. BD needs to find a replacement for Aftab. i mean you cant find anyone worse even shadat would bat better

dark mage
March 2, 2010, 06:27 AM
Aftab is definitely worse. Ashraful is undoubtedly the better batsman, and for better or worse, it cant be denied that Ashraful has single-handedly won us matches, can play big innings, atleast has one magnificient EID innings but Aftab cant even play an EID innings. Ash has scored centuries, Aftab cant even score 50s. How can you even compare the caliber of these two batsmen? Aftab is no batsman under any definition, he bats worse than a tailender. Ashraful and Aftab can only be compared when it comes to be the bigger fool but Ash is undoubtedly the better batsman by far and always gives it all in the practice and in matches, had the decency to take a break after realizing and getting disgusted with his own batting. Aftab is the worst.

P.S I M not a big fan of Ashraful either, so I m not being partial or biased

simon
March 2, 2010, 06:33 AM
Both suck but Aftab now a days is the worst.

rafiq
March 2, 2010, 11:09 AM
Obviously Aftab. I used to like his attacking style back when he was surrounded by other average players. Now his complete lack of technique and brain stands out in stark contrast to many of the newer up and coming players. Also he seems to have this attitude that he was entitled to come back to the national team - typical elitist Bangladeshi attitude actually - and even while he is out there playing like an idiot he has this stupid grin on his face that pisses one off even more. And what about that bad boy bandana? I wonder if he is still sporting that.

I would give Aftab a go for the the T20 squad. Drop him for the 3rd ODI for sure and let him go work on his game for a while. And under no circumstances should be be playing test cricket, I can't understand why he was on the test team against NZ.

Ashraful on the other hand is a much better cricketer even though he has his fair share of major problems.

ialbd
March 2, 2010, 11:24 AM
why are we talking about Aftab? ohh was he in the team today????? damn it.... didnt notice at all....

Sohel
March 2, 2010, 11:30 AM
In stupidity, Aftab can beat Ashraful by a long margin.

Indeed, and that's precisely why he, Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury and not Mohammad Ashraful Motin should captain our T20 side in the next Special Olympics.

Time for us to bag the battery idea, A-AA-AAA whatever, and upgrade to solar. Clean and green.

magic boy
March 2, 2010, 11:32 AM
exactly.....what a waste of a spot in national team. can't bat, can't field, cant bowl. can't inspire others(like ash) and still he is in the team since NZ tour :mad:

bdtiger
March 2, 2010, 12:54 PM
both Ash and Aftab are bad. But Ash is worse. He needs to prove himself before he can come back to Test. And same for Aftab. First perform in league/ with BD A team and then come back to BD national team.

rahat90
March 2, 2010, 01:00 PM
thats the biggest mystery here,
what has he done to warrant a place in the team in the first place??
and after gaining a spot, wat has he done to justify it?

complete waste of space

Ananna
March 2, 2010, 01:05 PM
I guess Aftab is the lesser of the two evils.
Ash blocks a few balls and then get out. Aft comes and goes withoug wasting any balls.
Net gain is zero. however, if we pick Aft other players will get some more balls to play, which might produce some runs.

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2010, 01:06 PM
Why blame Ashraful or Aftab? Did they select themselves?

As Rahat ^^ has already mentioned,
what has he done to warrant a place in the team in the first place??
and after gaining a spot, wat has he done to justify it?

Blame the person(s) who included him/them in the team.

Juta martey hoi tho selector'der juta maro.

_Rafi_
March 2, 2010, 01:36 PM
Selectors are incompetent for the post and they are ignorant too. 3 idiots
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Purbasha T
March 2, 2010, 02:21 PM
Aftab bai gone, next in.

skhondoker
March 2, 2010, 03:10 PM
aftab is a real joke in his position at no-3. As a matter of fact, he is a joke infront of these talented player pool we got....look at Shuvo (the new comers) mental approach towards that few balls he played. He slogged but was clearly looking at the ball and hitting ..... and he is the 8th batsman.

mij
March 2, 2010, 03:20 PM
Both suck, they compliment each other well.

True.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2010, 05:04 PM
Ashraful is a batsman who has lost all confidence in himself.

Aftab on the other hand is no batsman. Never was.

Zeeshan
March 2, 2010, 05:07 PM
Dilemma dilemma....

I'd rather lose all my money than pick one of these two mooks for my phone-a-friend.

nycpro96
March 2, 2010, 05:08 PM
Ashraful is a batsman who has lost all confidence in himself.

Aftab on the other hand is no batsman. Never was.

Great sum up. Lets stop talking about Aftab and/or Kapali and their superior batting abilities. Let's look at our batsman who not only have mythical abilities but are also performing consistently in the team.

tkandi4
March 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
To get a better perspective, can some one please post Aftab's ODI highest, lowest, and average scores since his recent inclusion in the team?

zainab
March 2, 2010, 05:21 PM
both Ash and Aftab are bad. But Ash is worse. He needs to prove himself before he can come back to Test. And same for Aftab. First perform in league/ with BD A team and then come back to BD national team.

How in fairness can you compare Ash to Aftab? by saying that Ash is worse. ash at least has won BD matches, what has Aftab done? Maybe helped BD win the 2007 20/20 match against WI, but then Ash had a huge part in that win also.

Ajfar
March 2, 2010, 06:00 PM
Ash is a bolod with hair. Aftab is a bolod with out hair.

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 03:25 PM
Aftab is definitely a bigger idiot and sucks more..ash at least has won big matches 4 us..i.e australia and south africa..what matches has aftab won 4 us? Ash at least tries 2 build his innings whereas aftab just doesnt try at all..its really a shame because aftab does have talent but unfortunately he doesnt have any application..ash isnt much better tho..hes been a big disappointment as well..

uss01
March 3, 2010, 03:45 PM
They both suck. Yes, they have won us "some" matches. But they have caused us to loose so many more by throwing their wickets away just when they were set.

Tiger Manc
March 5, 2010, 10:51 AM
Aftab managed to get some runs on the board today. Looks like he's booked his seat on the plane to England. He should only play ODIs though.