PDA

View Full Version : Suhrawadi Shuvo Only 3 Overs ?

crikss
March 2, 2010, 10:50 AM
Why Shakib didn't give him enough chance ? He is not a batting all rounder because of being SLA was the main reason he got chance in the team...

Nadim
March 2, 2010, 10:52 AM
Very Strange:sic: This is the main mistake shakib made today:(

BRady
March 2, 2010, 10:53 AM
he will kee doing this same god dman mistake

ahsan16
March 2, 2010, 10:55 AM
Shakib loves Shafiul

mona
March 2, 2010, 11:00 AM
Shakib loves Shafiul

Or hates him to torture him with the second last, and most crucial, over like that.

Sohel
March 2, 2010, 11:08 AM
Both Riyad and Shubho had overs left and each had better economy than Shuhash. Heck, even RBX had better econ than him. I don't blame Shuhash, but the whimsical decision to use him at death. If Shubho didn't get the ball because of "inexperience", then why on earth did Shuhash? How much more experienced is he???

aklemalp
March 2, 2010, 11:14 AM
with two overs left and 16 runs remain,i really should have gone to shuvo,he is a perfectionist

ahsan16
March 2, 2010, 11:14 AM
Suddenly shakib has gone to my negative side :( Worst decision ever made by him...he did it vs. ireland T20 too bringing in Rubel. Duh

aklemalp
March 2, 2010, 11:15 AM
didn't shakib understand the game of cricket.limited overs,power play ,spin is required

B_IKHAN_71
March 2, 2010, 11:17 AM
wthell .. has evry1 gott no brain on ere !!! hw can u expect a player on debut 2 take a leading role in the bowlin attack n expecially wen it wuz tight az this game., he probz had butterflies in his stomach jus bein involved in da game neva mind facing kp n co.,

n 4 sum ppl hw tha hell can u critize shakib ., no it wuz not a mistake givin him 3 overs ,it was clever thinkin ., hw can sum ppl evn dear 2 critize him ?! Hw many ppl u knw performs as the best bowler in a team n captains a side tremondouslyy ???? No nt many !!!

:flag::flag: All Hail The great Caption that is Shakib Al Hasan !! :notworthy::notworthy: :flag::flag:

ahms
March 2, 2010, 11:17 AM
Why Shakib didn't give him enough chance ? He is not a batting all rounder because of being SLA was the main reason he got chance in the team...

I think he took this decision mainly due to the lesson that was learnt in Abahani-Mohammedan (final) match last year. I do not see any other rationale, but I do not think he could have prevented the loss any way. It was already too late. We lost the game due to 2 factors. 1) We missed out total 275+ 2) wrong umpiring decision.

But we need to play harder, if we do not get the decision now, Inshallah we will get it next year during World Cup. Everything will fall in place.

Jesus87
March 2, 2010, 11:19 AM
How was his three overs by the way? Anyone impressed, I am impressed with his batting, couldn't follow him bowl.

akabir77
March 2, 2010, 11:20 AM
He didn't bowl anything special. Mahmudullah was bowling much better than him. Why should he let him ball more just because this is his first match?
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

aklemalp
March 2, 2010, 11:27 AM
instead of shafiul ,bowl shuvo

al-Sagar
March 2, 2010, 11:28 AM
when u have too many bowlers sometimes this happens. anyway i felt shuvo should have bowled more.

Jesus87
March 2, 2010, 11:30 AM
instead of shafiul ,bowl shuvo

Shuvo would have been hit for sixes, just watched his deliveries, batsmen were comfortable and played him with ease. Mahmu clearly deserved Morgan's wicket twice. Plumb decisions gone against us, we need to make noise like the Inidans or else all the close matches are going to get away from us. :mad:

aklemalp
March 2, 2010, 11:40 AM
didn't spin was the option?

HereWeGo
March 2, 2010, 11:40 AM
Shuvo would have been hit for sixes, just watched his deliveries, batsmen weren't comfortable and played him with ease. Mahmu clearly deserved Morgan's wicket twice. Plumb decisions gone against us, we need to make noise like the Inidans or else all the close matches are going to get away from us. :mad:
"batsmen weren't comfortable and played him with ease"....which is the fact?

aklemalp
March 2, 2010, 11:48 AM
ok,good analysis

crikss
March 2, 2010, 11:53 AM
He didn't bowl anything special. Mahmudullah was bowling much better than him. Why should he let him ball more just because this is his first match?

Its not about "this is his first match" ...I am saying he didn't even get enough chance to prove him self and what he is capable of..

Farhad
March 2, 2010, 11:57 AM
Shuvo didnt do enough in his three overs to make enough of a case. He wasn't getting any turn, and the batsmen handled him pretty easily.

He should be given another go in the 3rd ODI. Its a day game, I believe, so the dew wont be as much of a factor. I'm not sure how many of our domestic games are day/night, but I dont think he's used to bowling in those conditions...

Jesus87
March 2, 2010, 12:04 PM
"batsmen weren't comfortable and played him with ease"....which is the fact?

were comfortable, typing eror

Aritro
March 2, 2010, 12:07 PM
He didn't do much with the ball at all during those three overs. Hopefully this says more about his inexperience using a wet-ball than it does about his abilities.

On another note, a competent bowling display from Razzak was an absolute joy to behold. I was worried he'd go the way of Shahadat.

al-Sagar
March 2, 2010, 12:14 PM
i dont think there was any DEW.

Aritro
March 2, 2010, 12:16 PM
Commentators said there was dew after the 30th over mark or so.

sadi
March 2, 2010, 12:57 PM
Shuvo was disappointing today but definitely we need few more games to judge his bowling. Shakib should've bowled Mahmudullah at that time.

rahat90
March 2, 2010, 01:13 PM
i cant judge shuvo on one game, 3 overs and bowling with a wet ball
in 3d ODI hope bd wins the toss and fields, (or england win it and put us in).
and then we will see more of shuvo and what he is capable of

anyways, bout the toss..BD batted first every single time in the !dea cup, and lost the toss twice in NZ
and twice againn here.
cant bd send a diferent player to do the toss???? someone lucky, like imrul maybe

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2010, 01:19 PM
Both Riyad and Shubho had overs left and each had better economy than Shuhash. Heck, even RBX had better econ than him. I don't blame Shuhash, but the whimsical decision to use him at death. If Shubho didn't get the ball because of "inexperience", then why on earth did Shuhash? How much more experienced is he???
Sohel bhai,
Shafiul did great in the death in previous match where Shahadat and Rubel got hammered. Shakib also learnt it in the hard way that ending innings with the spinner would be bad.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

If you argue that why Naeem and not Shuvo then I have no arguement. But Shafiul was the right choice. We lost the game in the 20th over. Thanks Rod.

SMHasan
March 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
Morgan was caught plumb in front twice but Tucker didn't respond. How long it will continue? I am tired of loosing. Really I am.
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

alibangali
March 2, 2010, 01:39 PM
the players deserve gratitude than criticism, they did well to make this match exciting with a average score that we posted. Like T_E Bhai said only the umpire is to blame for three shocking decisions against us.

Tiger Manc
March 2, 2010, 01:59 PM
The whole it was his debut bulls#it doesn't wash with me. He's got plenty of U-19, first-class and academy experience and he's only one year younger then Shakib. He was playing in his home country with his own fans supporting him. He was bought in as a bowler, so why give him only 3 overs? The other primary spin bowlers got 3 wickets each and this was a slow pitch ideal for spinners. Why on earth would you play part-time spinners ahead of a premier bowler? It doesn't make sense. He would've been more economical and taken more wickets than Naeem and Mahmudullah in my opinion. You expect your captain to back you and have confidence in you by giving you the ball and asking you to take a couple of wickets, but instead he gives him 3 overs! Thanks for ruining his debut Shakib!

The_Yorker
March 2, 2010, 03:05 PM
There was no reason not to let Shuvo bowl for more than 3 overs. It was not like Shuvo gave away 17 runs in the first 2nd or 3rd over. Was Shakib threaten that another SLA will get more wickets than him or Razzak? Doesn't he like him to be in the team? Is it something internal politics of existence? Well Skakib is already established himself to be a fine bowler, he should not have any problem whatsoever. So was Shakib trying to help Razzak's existence by giving him more opportunity and not Shuvo? Shuvo is by far better than our part time bowlers Ryad and Naeem. Shuvu has proved it over and over again from U19 to domestic matches. If this is the case that Skakib had more confident on Naeem and Ryad than Shuvo, then there is a captaincy problem. Whatever the reason is, the decision was wrong in my judgement.

Tigers_eye
March 2, 2010, 03:09 PM
There was no reason not to let Shuvo bowl for more than 3 overs. It was not like Shuvo gave away 17 runs in the first 2nd or 3rd over. Was Shakib threaten that another SLA will get more wickets than him or Razzak? Doesn't he like him to be in the team? Is it something internal politics of existence? Well Skakib is already established himself to be a fine bowler, he should not have any problem whatsoever. So was Shakib trying to help Razzak's existence by giving him more opportunity and not Shuvo? Shuvo is by far better than our part time bowlers Ryad and Naeem. Shuvu has proved it over and over again from U19 to domestic matches. If this is the case that Skakib had more confident on Naeem and Ryad than Shuvo, then there is a captaincy problem. Whatever the reason is, the decision was wrong in my judgement.
Too much speculations or must be in dreamland.
Yes it hurts to lose from a winning position. But after 40+ overs we lost the game already. didn't matter who bowled. That is the reality.

The_Yorker
March 2, 2010, 03:46 PM
Too much speculations or must be in dreamland.
Yes it hurts to lose from a winning position. But after 40+ overs we lost the game already. didn't matter who bowled. That is the reality.
Speculation? Yes.....
Dreamland? No....
Anything is possible. My comments were merely speculations, not my judgement. Nevertheless, I see no good reason not to let Shuvo bowl more than 3 overs.

BD Tigers
March 2, 2010, 09:12 PM
i also agree that Shuvo shud have bowled more than he has. After we took their 4 wks, that wud have been the best time to bring him in, have close in fielders and back him up. Shakib did not do any of it. U need yr captain to back u up, tell u that he has confidence in u. but I dont think Shakib has any confidence in him.

Same goes for Mash. When he's back from injury, that's the first thing u wud want from yr captain & coach to help u gain confidence. they didnt do that either. So its like team is getting divided on this issue. Hopefully I am wrong.

fishyguy
March 3, 2010, 01:39 AM
Was not impressive at all with the ball. Was completely non threatening has no variation or guile or anything. They already have 2 left armers need another one. Probably in the side for his batting. bats better than junaid and Aftab

auntu
March 3, 2010, 02:05 AM
Bingo!

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 02:34 AM
when you watch a game from stadium u can see captain asking a bowler to warmup and then the bowler starting to go through his warmups. shuvo was first asked to warmup around 16th over and then again around 21st over. he was going through his warmups for 12 overs and finally was brought in on 29th over.

shakib was thinking of shuvo but perhaps at that moment he thought that some other bowler could have been better.

i think it was the same when shakib came into the scene. captains used rafiq and razzaq more and was using shakib less.

anyway shuvo will start to bowl more sooner and show his capability.

$hamrat
March 3, 2010, 08:00 AM
morgan was playin spin VERY WELL at da end. dats y sakib dint bowl spinners in da death overs, razzak got smashed da over before =/

auntu
March 3, 2010, 08:38 AM
when you watch a game from stadium u can see captain asking a bowler to warmup and then the bowler starting to go through his warmups. shuvo was first asked to warmup around 16th over and then again around 21st over. he was going through his warmups for 12 overs and finally was brought in on 29th over.

shakib was thinking of shuvo but perhaps at that moment he thought that some other bowler could have been better.

i think it was the same when shakib came into the scene. captains used rafiq and razzaq more and was using shakib less.

anyway shuvo will start to bowl more sooner and show his capability.
Good info.

I also noticed that Shakib was pointing some bowler to warm up. But didn't get who was the bowler. Definitely Shakib was planning to bring him much earlier but the match situation didn't allow. I don't blame Shakib for bowling Souvo only 3 overs. This is absolutely not a topic to discuss. rally.

B_IKHAN_71
March 3, 2010, 09:30 AM
the players deserve gratitude than criticism, they did well to make this match exciting with a average score that we posted. Like T_E Bhai said only the umpire is to blame for three shocking decisions against us.

well said we should giv credit where credit is due n i think bd played to their potential n look what happens ., we shuden be complainin we should be hoping we come even stronger in the nxt match . it wuzen our fault the umpires were biased ., n they lost us the game otherwise we`d all be celebrating rite now ., but thats what happens .
inshallah next game will be ours to be celebrating a bangladesh win. x

:flag::flag:

B_IKHAN_71
March 3, 2010, 09:37 AM

Well said , we shud give credit wer credit is due., bd played to their potential n look what happens.., we shudent be complaining n critisizing our players but insted hopeing that we come evn more stronger in the nxt game. it wuzent our fault the umpires were biased ( Evn Da nadir shah ) they lost us the game and thats what happens sometimes.
But the only thing that we can do is keep on playing good cricket n inshallah the next game wll be ours to be celebrating a bangladesh win. x

:flag::flag:

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 10:09 AM
Ok ...

1. Three overs was too small sample size to say his potential as a bolwer.
2. It was his first ODI, it will take few more games before he get confidence from his captain

I am going to wait and see atleast 10 more games before even trying to Judge him as a bowler.

But....

1. How was his batting?

He looked very comfortable and played based on team's need. That really excites me more.

See its OK to give chance to local performers without experience instead of re-try national reject without any indication that they fixed their problem.

So I say... dump Aftab and bring a new kid with recent good record in local league.... based on recent track record, he (who ever he is) will not disapoint you.

All the recent rookies performed and all the recent national rejects failed.

Ananna
March 3, 2010, 11:14 AM
Shakib loves Shafiul

..... as Ashraful loved Rubel.