PDA

View Full Version : If Anything this Match, This Match Should Tell us that We Will Advance in 2011 WC

cricman
March 2, 2010, 05:01 PM
Holland, Ireland, England and the WI :)

Only need 3 wins out 7 Matches, I see 4 wins at SBNS

AT the end of the Day (Feb 2011) is the main goal, the countdown is on

deshifan
March 2, 2010, 05:08 PM
Day-dreamers galore BC.

Carry on kids.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2010, 05:09 PM
IMO, this match doesn't tell us anything. It was a good game and Morgan played a great inning. I've always been a Morgan fan and after today I'm going to be a bigger follower of la Leprechaun. We've lost close games in the past and we did it again today. Not blaming the players - Morgan really took it away from us - but if you ask me to compare this squad with the one that defeated New Zealand and Sri Lanka at home, I'd say we have a couple of batsmen who've learned how to play long innings and that the management is slowly coming to realize that some of the guys down the order should move up.

Other than that, things are not a whole lot different.

Roni_uk
March 2, 2010, 05:10 PM
hm prob lose against the irish with or without Morgan but ya must win the others. We should just boycott anything to do with Irish.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2010, 05:12 PM
hm prob lose against the irish with or without Morgan but ya must win the others. We should just boycott anything to do with Irish.
We're not drinking enough Guinness. Keru/Bangla can only take you so far.

Ashraf-FTP
March 2, 2010, 05:12 PM
Day-dreamers galore BC.

Carry on kids.
Got to agree buddy ;)

We will end up losing to Ireland. Trust me, when you expect less and something good happens, you feel much better than when you expect a lot and everything fails :P

I have stopped expecting a win from BD after the end of Whatmore. Now that I expect less, when we lose, I dont get hurt much, but when We win, I get really happy :D

Ajfar
March 2, 2010, 05:57 PM
we getting way too ahead of ourselves. Lets just get some fresh air and calm down

Murad
March 2, 2010, 06:02 PM
We need a series against Ireland to Test ourself. If we can beat them convingly, then we can say we will advance in 2011 WC. If not then, then wait for disasters.

al Furqaan
March 2, 2010, 06:42 PM
Other than that, things are not a whole lot different.

tai ba kom kee?

our whole problem for years, not just weeks, or matches, or series, has been incorrect batting lineup and selection.

only one deadwood remains (aftab) and he deserved the trail he's getting.

how long we persisted with javed omar? how long bashar was a deadwood in ODI and then later test squads?

then we have lineup issues. ashraful opening, ashraful batting at 7, ashraful at 3, back to number 6, now 3 again. of course you can't totally blame ash, until recently, he was or at least held the promise of being that great Talisman.

but this is all we need. some correct umpiring decisions and this would have been an easy win for us.

of course nothing is guaranteed, but i see no reason why we can't advance into the QFs next year. england plays in CTG and lets see what kind of pitch and performance they come up with at ZACS.

Gowza
March 2, 2010, 06:53 PM
well it tells us rahim was able to handle batting in the higher middle order, hopefully they keep him there for awhile and maybe he'll be ready for the #3 slot by next years WC.

AsifTheManRahman
March 2, 2010, 08:37 PM
of course nothing is guaranteed, but i see no reason why we can't advance into the QFs next year.
Anything less than that would be unacceptable.

Quasimodo
March 2, 2010, 08:49 PM
Mushfiq Rocks!

al-Sagar
March 2, 2010, 09:58 PM
well i think we will beat india, sa, ireland and netherland to progress

in our backgroung ireland and netherland has no chance of causing upset.

kazis2007
March 2, 2010, 10:02 PM
guys think about next game....
one win can chang evrything

auntu
March 3, 2010, 09:20 AM

Yes I also see realistic four wins.
:)

Raynman
March 3, 2010, 09:57 AM
We always somehow bring out the best in underperformers of the other teams.

I'm sure Sidebottom is already eyeing his first test century later this month.

Given home advantage we should really be eyeing that 3rd spot after India & SA in our group. I would recommend BCB to invite over IRE and NED for a tri series later this year so our players can take some notes on them.

We should also look to schedule something against WI before the WC if possible.

zainab
March 3, 2010, 11:09 AM
I thought in the WC 2011, BD is in the group of death, as they are in 2010 20/20 WC in the WI.
I cant see them proceeding to the next phase in the 20/20, so maybe, they can play extra warm up games in England.

godzilla
March 3, 2010, 11:26 AM

Am not sure what the match proved (beside bad umpiring decisions). You have to take into account that England left some players behind which will not happen when they come over for WC. And when you speak of Ireland, Morgan himself started his carrer as and Irish player ... most english batsmen failed but he set his sight apart (30 and a century in 2 matches looks like a good score). WI might be in our sight ... holland and Ireland should also be ... England, maybe or maybe not

So to sum it up, if we need to go against the G8 in our pool, WI is the first priority then comes england

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 12:34 PM
I don't mind losing this one as long as it means we'll beat England in the World Cup.