PDA

View Full Version : Imrul the new JO

fishyguy
March 3, 2010, 01:41 AM
just like JO eats up too many deliveries, cant find gaps, hits balls too hard to fielders, does not know how to rotate strike or improvise.

IanW
March 3, 2010, 01:55 AM
Fishyguy,

In case you didnt notice, despite the - relative - failure of the three best Tigers batsmen (*), Bangladesh put up a very respectable 260.

When he was out, in the 32nd over, the side was 3-146, and well placed to accelerate.

If thats batting like JO, well, we need more of it.

Ian Whitchurch

(*) Sakib, Mahmadullah and Tanim

auntu
March 3, 2010, 01:55 AM
[বাংলা]মানতে পারলাম না। আপনি হয়তো খেলা দেখেন নাই।
jo এর সাথে কায়েসের কোন মিল নাই। ২য় ম্যাচে কায়েস ধরে খেলেছে। সেটাই পরিস্থিতির দাবী ছিলো। ওই সময় আউট নাহলে সে ঠিকই পরবর্তীতে স্ট্রাইক রেট বাড়িয়ে নিতো।[/বাংলা]

yaseer
March 3, 2010, 01:59 AM

Said it all.
We need more of it then.

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 02:01 AM
at least imrul's efforts let us put up a foundation and keep us in contention for the match and what later supposed to be a fighting total.

well, if we had another tamim iqbal...... he could have taken us to winning total of 280-290, but unless we find another one lets give this guy imrul the chance to continue.

tiger_army
March 3, 2010, 02:40 AM
Kayes batted like a perfect grafter, thts why we scored 260..... Now people shud understand the importance of ROK in the team...

dark mage
March 3, 2010, 02:45 AM
Fishyguy,

In case you didnt notice, despite the - relative - failure of the three best Tigers batsmen (*), Bangladesh put up a very respectable 260.

When he was out, in the 32nd over, the side was 3-146, and well placed to accelerate.

Ian Whitchurch

(*) Sakib, Mahmadullah and Tanim

Well said and I totally agree

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 02:54 AM
Kayes batted like a perfect grafter, thts why we scored 260..... Now people shud understand the importance of ROK in the team...

yes i understand. but with imrul playing the grafting innings and also mushfiq at 4 do you want ROCKibul at 3 now ???

Tintin
March 3, 2010, 02:58 AM
Said it all.
We need more of it then.

Errr .. One is sufficient :)

beshideshi
March 3, 2010, 04:02 AM
I will never understand the mentality of BD fans, in the first game we all go crying "why wasn't anyone supporting Tamim?" and now when Imrul plays a lovely knock to set up the boost we start hating him :)?? Shakib played really aggressively :) got 12 off 10, is that what you all wanted from Imrul?
Imrul comprehends his role really well and did a fine job.

frd
March 3, 2010, 04:23 AM
this kind of threads dont make any sense.may be some people are trying to say that we need players lyk aftab who can score 4 from 4 balls with a strike rate of 100 !!may be same people are still unhappy with the fact that the iclers are consistently failing and players lyk kayes who are making good contribution with the bat are rising day by day.

tiger_army
March 3, 2010, 04:56 AM
yes i understand. but with imrul playing the grafting innings and also mushfiq at 4 do you want ROCKibul at 3 now ???
well said, I think what we shud do is instead of playing mushy as a keeper we can play him as a batsman and we can take dhiman or someone as a keeper...in that case our batting line up will be like this-

TI
IK
MUSH
SAK
RYD
NYM
DHI
BOWL
BOWL
BOWL
BOWL

IanW
March 3, 2010, 05:20 AM
Yeah, I'm part of the "Mushy to 3, hire a real keeper' faction - and I dont care if that keeper is a genuine number 11 with the bat either, dropped catches lose matches.

al-Sagar
March 3, 2010, 05:33 AM
so what about Mithun at no 3 , in place of aftab ????

Spitfire_x86
March 3, 2010, 06:05 AM
Much better ODI average and higher SR than JO. Case closed (regardless of how Imurl owes the numbers to his incredibly good luck)

BangladeshFan
March 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
At number 3, we need a batsman who can play the new ball well and take advantage of power plays. If Aftab/Ashraful is failing , we have to find an alternative from somewhere else.

How about Anamul, he can bat aggressively, how good is his keeping?

nura43
March 3, 2010, 06:16 AM
ভাইজান কথায় যে ইমরুল এর সাথে জাভেদ ওমর এর মিল পাইলেন তা বুঝলাম না। ইমরুল গতকাল ইংল্যান্ড এর সাথে যে রকম খেলছে ওইরকম খেলার কারনেই ২৬০ করা সম্ভব হইছে।

nahaz
March 3, 2010, 06:23 AM
Fishyguy...I give up. If he's like JO, all hail JO. Imrul actually can attack when needed without getting out. So he's better than him. He complements Tamim perfectly. Just hope Tamim plays more and more like his 1st ODI century.

zainab
March 3, 2010, 07:15 AM
At least Imrul tries to protect his wicket, he understands his role and that is to keep one end going even if he scores slowly. I feel eventually, he will become a more aggressive batsman, but plays cautiously so as not to cause a collapse.

Ananna
March 3, 2010, 07:32 AM
Its good to see that there are so many people here who understand cricket. I think we have found the other half of the opening partnership. NOT EVERYBODY has to score at higher striking rate. kayes' long innings will ensure that BD will get a good score. In 2nd ODI we could have scored more run. But our batsmen messed up between overs 42-47. Besides, did you look at Kayes when colli took that catch? it was really an unbelievable catch.

auntu
March 3, 2010, 08:42 AM
Imrul is the the other half of Tamim's opening stand. I think he is the solution.

He can play good shots and at the same time he has good defense and can play long innings. There is no point of arguing his capacity and the way he played last innings.

Vua MFRZ
March 3, 2010, 08:44 AM
[বাংলা]Vai Javed theke ei Imrul anek anek balo, shudu shudu compare kore luv nai[/বাংলা]

godzilla
March 3, 2010, 08:51 AM
Much better ODI average and higher SR than JO. Case closed (regardless of how Imurl owes the numbers to his incredibly good luck)

and not to mention that he already scored a 100 against a g8 and just played a bit more then 10 odi ... he has a future ... strike rate can improve over time, remember shakib's SR before and now look at it now... POINT TAKEN!

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I'm part of the "Mushy to 3, hire a real keeper' faction - and I dont care if that keeper is a genuine number 11 with the bat either, dropped catches lose matches.

If Mushy keeps dropping ctaches and continued poor form from our #3, then I may eventually join that faction also.

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 11:26 AM
Imrul is the the other half of Tamim's opening stand. I think he is the solution.

He can play good shots and at the same time he has good defense and can play long innings. There is no point of arguing his capacity and the way he played last innings.

Yeah we're in no position to complain. He averages something like 40+ this year and he's solved our opening batsman problems. #3 is the main problem.

GothamCity
March 3, 2010, 11:50 AM
Imrul is like Gombheer to Tamim's Shewbhaag...

simon
March 3, 2010, 12:10 PM

lol,well said.

I think this Imrul has shown consistency in this format,three 50+ scores with a century against teams like NZ,Eng & Ind and also a 42 odd against Sri shows that he has some grt skill.
As far as the SR is concerned I blv with exprnce it wil improve.
So far he is the best bttng prtnr for TI.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 12:14 PM
Mushy has made a really good case for himself for taking 3 or 4. If mushy can do what he is doing consistently, I can't see Raqib coming back in to the squad unless he does something extra ordinary in the domestic circuit. At the moment the weakest link is Aftab and he is got to go.

Raynman
March 3, 2010, 12:18 PM

Although compared to Shewag and Ghambir, Tamim and Imrul are 'ordinary' ;)

I think Aftab should be tried at 7 for the 3rd ODI. Pushing up Mushy & MM to 3/4 and Naeem to 6.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 12:22 PM
I think Aftab should be tried at 7 for the 3rd ODI.

but why? the reason mushy got promoted up the order is because he has shown improvement in bits and pieces, same goes for riyad and nayeem. Aftab is the weakest link right now and he has got to go, also it wouldn't be fair to give him one match in new position would it? than fans will complain he only got one shot at number 7, lets give him a few more chance?

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 12:23 PM
Although compared to Shewag and Ghambir, Tamim and Imrul are 'ordinary' ;)

I think Aftab should be tried at 7 for the 3rd ODI. Pushing up Mushy & MM to 3/4 and Naeem to 6.

Agreed

Eshen
March 3, 2010, 01:46 PM
I rather see Nasir Hossain in #7 next match. Enough of Aftab's mindless slogging!

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
I think aftab will be given 1 more chance but really he doesnt deserve it after that clueless shot..

Raynman
March 3, 2010, 02:18 PM
but why? the reason mushy got promoted up the order is because he has shown improvement in bits and pieces, same goes for riyad and nayeem. Aftab is the weakest link right now and he has got to go, also it wouldn't be fair to give him one match in new position would it? than fans will complain he only got one shot at number 7, lets give him a few more chance?

Since he's still in the selection for the XI, I would rather see him pushed down then be another quick wicket loss that high up the order. Now picture ODI 2 with Aftab coming in at #7 with an okay base set for him to just hit out.

Assuming we don't have a collapse of more than 4 or 5 wicket by 40th over, you will have Naeem and Aftab for the batting Powerplay overs.

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 02:23 PM
Since he's still in the selection for the XI, I would rather see him pushed down then be another quick wicket loss that high up the order. Now picture ODI 2 with Aftab coming in at #7 with an okay base set for him to just hit out.

Assuming we don't have a collapse of more than 4 or 5 wicket by 40th over, you will have Naeem and Aftab for the batting Powerplay overs.

Of course its better 2 have him down the order..but question is will he even be good at #7? I mean even in the T20 match he sucked big time..couldnt hit anythin..and with that shot he totally misjudged that ball which shows he can even hit..honestly wouldnt mind even havin nasir hossain at #7 then aftab..i know that wont happen but it honestly wouldnt be much of a difference..

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 02:27 PM
Guys there should be no comparision between IK and JO. JO had no quality to be a sportsman.
He is a greedy person who wanted to be in team and had no feelings for the team. His main aim was to make some runs eating all the balls. Never succeded after playing so many ODIs. Worse than even Ashraful. (Ashraful is match winner sometimes). On the other hand Imrul is a new chap. Good sportsman. Has confidence. He played sensibly. Good opener. An asset for BD ODI and test team.

JO is a GOLLA and IK is a GEM. :)

Tiger Manc
March 3, 2010, 02:35 PM
I would really like to trial Aftab at #7 and see how he does for us. If he gets dropped, then I can't wait to see Nasirs debut and see some fireworks.

Ananna
March 3, 2010, 02:55 PM
Guys there should be no comparision between IK and JO. JO had no quality to be a sportsman.
He is a greedy person who wanted to be in team and had no feelings for the team. His main aim was to make some runs eating all the balls. Never succeded after playing so many ODIs. Worse than even Ashraful. (Ashraful is match winner sometimes). On the other hand Imrul is a new chap. Good sportsman. Has confidence. He played sensibly. Good opener. An asset for BD ODI and test team.

JO is a GOLLA and IK is a GEM. :)

You and many others might not like JO, but he is a hard working guy. He doesnt fit in current team, but he was needed in the team few years ago. He might be slow, but during that time we hardly scored 200+ and most of the time we got all out.
When I was in BUET, I saw him bringing someone from his para to the BUET field and knocking hours after hours. Nobody should question his commitment to cricket.

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 05:29 PM
I watched JO very closely. I found that he lacked sportsmanship. He also did politics to be in the team. And finally good to know that you are from BUET!!

Fazal
March 3, 2010, 05:30 PM
Imrul is a jlo?

I didn't know Imrul has a nice butt like her.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 05:36 PM
Assuming we don't have a collapse of more than 4 or 5 wicket by 40th over

this is a big assumption you are making here. there is no guarantee Aftab won't have to come in to bat before the 35th over. Even though our batting line up starting to shape up pretty nicely there is always that chance of collapse, that means who ever batting in the lower middle order will need to have the ability to hold the innings together as well as accelerate when needed. I'm not sure if Aftab is capable of fulfilling that job.

bdtiger
March 3, 2010, 05:40 PM
Imrul is a jlo?

I didn't know Imrul has a nice butt like her.

LOL!!:lol:

dolcevita
March 3, 2010, 05:47 PM
this is a big assumption you are making here. there is no guarantee Aftab won't have to come in to bat before the 35th over. Even though our batting line up starting to shape up pretty nicely there is always that chance of collapse, that means who ever batting in the lower middle order will need to have the ability to hold the innings together as well as accelerate when needed. I'm not sure if Aftab is capable of fulfilling that job.

Kayes is doing pretty well in ODI , his average is better than Tamim
He just need to have more selfbelieve then his strike rate will increase ,
Neverthless it is strange for me : why he fails in TEST ?
Hope he score hundred against England
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

akabir77
March 3, 2010, 05:49 PM
I watched JO very closely. I found that he lacked sportsmanship. He also did politics to be in the team. And finally good to know that you are from BUET!!

actually your wrong. He was actually not in the WC2003 team when he was in his best form!!! as captain pilot didn't like his kind of batting which we needed. if he was needed in the team that was time he should have been in the team. same thing happen to him before that WC in 1999 though it was the right call at that time as bidut and opi was far better than him.

Gowza
March 3, 2010, 05:57 PM

why mithun? why not jahurul, farhad, fasial, nazimuddin, shamsur, marshall, shuvagoto, nazmus, rony, uttam, nasir, shabbir etc. we do need to try someone, not sure who. all the good one-day top order domestics are out of form and all the good top order in form FC players are either too inexperienced or not so good one-day players. i suppose stats wise you'd pick faisal but then if he has such poor technique then he's just as risky a pick as one of the out of form players or inexperienced players.

Raynman
March 3, 2010, 06:38 PM

You're missing the whole point that this is based only for the 3rd ODI where Aftab is already part of the XI. Since he's playing where would you have him bat? I'm saying move him down and have Mushy/Riad be the permanent 3/4. Shakib is fine at 5, Naeem moves up to 6 and Aftab is in 7 IF he is in the team as a late order slogger.

Personally, i would move Shuvo to 7 have Dhiman take on the gloves at 8 to replace Aftab. Razzak, Shafiul and Rubel round out the 11.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 06:41 PM
^^^ well we shouldn't be playing him just for the heck of it, if this was an away tour i'd have no problem with that. but we are playing at our own home, i'm sure we can find someone out there who was on the verge of getting a call, shuvo is already in or i'd ask for him. but since nasir hossain is already in the team why not give him a go. or we can get us a new keeper

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 06:42 PM
You're missing the whole point that this is based only for the 3rd ODI where Aftab is already part of the XI. Since he's playing where would you have him bat? I'm saying move him down and have Mushy/Riad be the permanent 3/4. Shakib is fine at 5, Naeem moves up to 6 and Aftab is in 7 IF he is in the team as a late order slogger.

Personally, i would move Shuvo to 7 have Dhiman take on the gloves at 8 to replace Aftab. Razzak, Shafiul and Rubel round out the 11.

That nice of you raynman bhai 2 put him up there at #7..IF hez in the squad then ill put him at 11..why would he go below shuvo? Shuvo actually has a higher FC average then aftab has so i would definitely pick him at #7..im confident shafiul, rubel and razzak can score more then aftab not even jokin

Tiger444
March 3, 2010, 06:43 PM
^^^ well we shouldn't be playing him just for the heck of it, if this was an away tour i'd have no problem with that. but we are playing at our own home, i'm sure we can find someone out there who was on the verge of getting a call, shuvo is already in or i'd ask for him. but since nasir hossain is already in the team why not give him a go. or we can get us a new keeper

ya nasir should play instead of aftab..hes definitely going 2 b better then aftab with his batting and gives us an option with the ball..

shajib14
March 3, 2010, 07:43 PM

At number 3, we need a batsman who can play the new ball well and take advantage of power plays. If Aftab/Ashraful is failing , we have to find an alternative from somewhere else.

How about Anamul, he can bat aggressively, how good is his keeping?

My choice is Shabbir Rahman, the Under-19 player. I think he is a very good prospect for us. In my opinion he was the most powerful batsman of the U-19 team

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2010, 07:50 PM
I like Imrul. With time, he can be a shooper hero.

BD-Shardul
March 3, 2010, 07:53 PM

He is a hardworking, simple man. No ego like Mash-Shak-Ash-Tamim-Mushy.

Zeeshan
March 3, 2010, 07:56 PM
He is a hardworking, simple man. No ego like Mash-Shak-Ash-Tamim-Mushy.

Shardul bhai. I like to disagree. Ego, religion notwithstanding, can be very healthy. Our players need to have certain dose of confidence like the Indian players - Sehwag, Dhoni et al. Min mina, lutu putu hoiley cholbo na ei dunyai. We want our players to be cocky, semi-gangsters just like Tamim is.

nycpro96
March 3, 2010, 08:10 PM
Shardul bhai. I like to disagree. Ego, religion notwithstanding, can be very healthy. Our players need to have certain dose of confidence like the Indian players - Sehwag, Dhoni et al. Min mina, lutu putu hoiley cholbo na ei dunyai. We want our players to be cocky, semi-gangsters just like Tamim is.

Tamim is as gangster as any bangali player to ever play. I love his attitude. It's just so unfamiliar in Bangladeshi cricketers. He has a badass attitude and actually sledges bowlers and opposing fielders. I think it's awesome and comical. Rubel should develop a gangster attitude as it could do his bowling some justice.

FagunerAgun
March 3, 2010, 08:16 PM
Imrul Kayes is better than JO.
But still IK has some oppurtunities for growth.
I think Fishiguy is trying to point that out.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 09:04 PM

no aie shob kisu mani nah. amra chai haba goba bhimrul

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2010, 11:26 PM
Tamim Iqbal is the ultimate bad boy of Bangladesh cricket. Drives a BMW, picks up a fight with the best player in the opposition every game, hits the crap out of the bowler and gets his middle stump uprooted in the process, knocks out fast men with his fist in domestic cricket - he's got it all. Shakib is too much of a good guy. After Tamim, Riyad and possibly Nayeem can become the next bad boys in the team. Note that a bad boy has to perform consistently, so that rules out guys like Ash and Rubel, at least for now.

Zunaed on the other hand is the biggest disgrace. The body of a mucho man but the heart of a chicken. Dropped him from my facebook friends list a good couple of weeks ago. Shala century kore na khali kotha koy beshi.

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 11:28 PM
^^^^ hok kotha koisen Asif Bhai. Zunaed is a waste of Height.

Zeeshan
March 3, 2010, 11:28 PM
Tamim Iqbal is the ultimate bad boy of Bangladesh cricket. Drives a BMW, picks up a fight with the best player in the opposition every game, hits the crap out of the bowler and gets his middle stump uprooted in the process, knocks out fast men with his fist in domestic cricket - he's got it all. Shakib is too much of a good guy. After Tamim, Riyad and possibly Nayeem can become the next bad boys in the team. Note that a bad boy has to perform consistently, so that rules out guys like Ash and Rubel, at least for now.

Zunaed on the other hand is the biggest disgrace. The body of a mucho man but the heart of a chicken. Dropped him from my facebook friends list a good couple of weeks ago. Shala century kore na khali kotha koy beshi.

:floor:

what about your son mushy? homeboy drinks a heinken and gives vibe of a womanizer...i think he and not riyad should be the automatic choice for the next bad boy of bd cricket

magic boy
March 3, 2010, 11:31 PM
and Rajib is wannabe...

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2010, 11:32 PM
Rajib is a durghotona

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 11:33 PM
Rajib is a durghotona

here comes asaad bhai with his Rajib folder.

Zeeshan
March 3, 2010, 11:35 PM
what about...what about....Nafees? he is a big time pimp juice. give his hair a few rastafarian dreadlocks, tuck in a reefer in his mouth, tell his wife to invite some of HER lady friends....and PARTAYY!

Ajfar
March 3, 2010, 11:37 PM
^^^ SN would make a good pirate.

One World
March 3, 2010, 11:38 PM
Nobody can be as bad as Rafique.

AsifTheManRahman
March 3, 2010, 11:44 PM
Nobody can be as bad as Rafique.
Indeed indeed. Why use your fist when you have a bat attached to it?

Tamim is a fat kid in grade school in comparison.

Shehwar
March 4, 2010, 03:01 AM
Finally ppl are starting to appreciate JO! If Imrul is anything like JO it can only do more good to out cricket. We need an anchor among these happy go lucky players ... I must sat Imrul keeps on surprising me in a very pleasant way. I thought he wasn't cut out for international cricket when I first saw him. I was wrong!
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Russell2k7
March 4, 2010, 03:06 AM
in short, not a chance. Have you seen his stroke making ability against the kiwis? that being said his last innings was pretty painful to watch.

al-Sagar
March 4, 2010, 03:24 AM
in short, not a chance. Have you seen his stroke making ability against the kiwis? that being said his last innings was pretty painful to watch.

also in the 42 run from 54 against srilanka he was playing good strokes.

Sohel
March 4, 2010, 04:23 AM
Bhimrul has issues typical of MOST Bangladeshi batsmen when it comes to finding gaps and rotating the strike with ease, but that doesn't make him the strokeless liability like a Golla, Rajin or Da ROK! A trio of batsmen who CANNOT see the ball until it actually hits the bat!

We need batsmen who can rotate the strike, stay in the middle and switch gears when required. NOT brainfarting imbeciles swinging by the number OR painful-to-watch guys in the trio who perpetuate the myth of "staying around" without rotating the strike because they CANNOT sight the ball early enough.

Those of us who have followed his career for years know what he is. A talented batsman with every stroke in the book, but also one who puts a price on his wicket and has demonstrated the ability to learn, the most essential component of talent. A component so far missing in Motin, Aftab, Alok (recent failures in domestic), Abir, Zunaed, Rokon, Opi, etc, etc ...

Give him time, let him learn on the job, and he won't disappoint us InshAllah!

BD-Shardul
March 4, 2010, 04:25 AM

Ego is something you need to have, but you can still succeed being humble. Look at Rahul Dravid and Hashim Mehomet Amla.

Sohel
March 4, 2010, 04:46 AM

Indeed!

http://www.caitanya.org/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/bali/Bhima%20fights%20with%20snake%202.jpg

BHIMrul in 3-5 years ...

fiasnahk
March 4, 2010, 06:16 AM
Imrul is doing well in the team, but i hope he seriously develops his single taking skills. Hope he does become a javed omar, but more like a rahul dravid (im not comparing their abilities, just their method of scoring) who could take singles at will. JO played for many years but never developed, just blocked.

Tiger Manc
March 5, 2010, 09:24 AM
Imrul ended the series with a strike rate of 55. If we're serious about winning matches we need to improve on strike rates like that. He's just eating up deliveries. InshAllah he'll learn to rotate the strike and take more singles. Mushys done a good job of that in the last 2 matches. Imrul should be looking for a strike rate of 70+.

Caesar
March 5, 2010, 04:02 PM
Imrul should be the anchor at the top, if not with the bat than with his sheer weight. Give him a few Pepsi commercials to jump start the ego trip. Just kidding. He looks like a solid humble fellow.

Dhakablues
March 5, 2010, 04:19 PM
Imrul should be the anchor at the top, if not with the bat than with his sheer weight. Give him a few Pepsi commercials to jump start the ego trip. Just kidding. He looks like a solid humble fellow.

He is an anchor al right.. so immersed in deap sea that the little boat never leaves the dockyard!!